Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,932 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  myonlineclasspro 5 hours, 56 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,901 through 1,950 (of 35,419 total)

• Hello all

Great Blaise to see you here, we may be a small group but we are perfectly formed!

Thanks Hemmy, Audrey and Celtic for asking, Neil has risen like Lazarus yet again. I believe he is indestructible.

Celtic he has had a new gp for a while now and they have a laugh together, his gp said he should really not be here!! Last night and this morning was a mere hiccup in what he has suffered (a mere trifle lol). If I told all his previous I would not only bore the pants off you but it sounds so unbelievable even I can’t believe he is still here.

Prostrate, hmmm Neil has a prob with that. Now he is 10 years older than me, he is 74 but still fighting back. He is planning tonight to go see a group he likes play in Windsor. I think he is crazy but there we go!!

Oh yes food. Blaise, hang on in there and I shall try to find some pearls of wisdom. I am on my second glass of white wine and getting slightly tipsy.

Have a great evening all. Bev x

I am making pasta and crème caramel tonight. He already had porridge and 2 eggs and b & b.

A big Hi from me Blaise .. You are very welcome to join our little corner of the world.
    You will find this group of people are all very helpful … supportive and importantly fun. Welcome. Xx

Audrey .. bet there is loads to catch up with at home…after your time away.

I have been meaning to ask you whether you recommend a steam cleaner. You mentioned it at the caravan and I wondered if they are easy to use.
    Enjoy the week-end and good luck with the Fasts next week. We will be here for support. Xx

Bev .. Neil what a star .. Sounds like he and you of course have been through hell and back.

What a good sport you are Bev .. always witty and upbeat. When I bet some times you could just have a good cry.

Your meal sounds lovely .. enjoy your wine. Xx

Celtic Glad you had a nice visit with your Dad ..plus the dogs too.

Fancy having to redo all those notches on your belt.. Wow wow wow. Keep going girl ..we can all do this together. Xx Ps Just seen your post after mine .. what a good deal with the fish.
    Always pop down to my local shop after 3pm we are so lucky in the village to have a small co op .. really cheap fresh stuff everyday. Xx

Hi Ginette.. Milena … Karen … Newbs….Sig… and anyone else I may have forgotten. Hope things are ok with you.

Had a good day apart from the sad news from Paris … they are all in my prayers.

Just enjoying Strictly now … best Programme of the week for me.

Take care all you lovely Brits. Xx

Beverley, Stuart also gets called Lazarus. Two subarrachniod haemorrhages and stroke then 4 lors of brain surgery. Then the massive ishaemic stroke in 2014… I didnt find him for somewhere between 8-12 hours. Neil is very brave I dont think I would risk a gig if I was recovering….

Found some seabream fillits in waitrose reduced to Β£1.85 just had them with Charlotte potatoes, carrots, duchy tomatoes and baby leafand beetroot salad. Never had sea bream before…yum and the whole meal only cost about Β£3.50. I think I may start lurking in waitrose at about 7pm

A friendjusr posted on FB about havinghither lowest ever weight. I asked what system and itssomethk gthat involves shakes. I’m glad it has worked for her butI am really gladIve found this way of life, I want it to go gradually and stay off. I cant see the point in artificial foods. Keep it real and teach your self to goforqualityof food not quantity.

Morning fellow brits, what an awful day it is here, wet n windy a bit like me! Haha

Celtic I knew someone who had those drinks to lose weight, they lost their hair too! Not a good idea really as I would imagine once you start eating food again, you would soon put the weight back on.

Ian has decided to paint the hallway and landing, so we are up to our eyeballs in paint and all the stuff out the hall is now sat in the living room let’s hope nobody arrives….we are in a mess!

Have a great sunday, keep in touch you know my saying by now…..together we are stronger!

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

Yes. Audrey the weather is the same here this morning. It is dry though at least. Hope the painting goes well. Xx

Celic.. have tried most of those shake diets … they really sound easy but made me feel depressed having no proper food. They all have a very artificial taste. Also some bought through “agents” are very expensive too. You are doing brilliantly with that belt.. your way. Xx

Cant believe its Sunday again … where is the time going. Thinking Xmas will be with us in no time.

Reading about others past Xmases .. reminded me of my own.

I was an only child till 10.Mum spent lots of time playing with me and dressing me up.
    Because Mum had come from a happy farming family…They didn’t have much money but always had good food and gran was a brilliant seamstress.
    Gran made a big event of Christmas and my Mum did the same. Still does at 89 this month.

Always rituals of scouring the town for “sugar mice” … a bottle of Stones ginger wine a must… taking in turns putting the fairy on the tree each year… Sixpences to be found in the pudding. Sing songs with family and neighbours round the fire… while toasting chestnuts. My Dad was a good singer and was always asked for a “tune” then everyone joined in often singing different words. Lol

Christmas eve … mince pie for santa .. and xmas morning lots of presents as all the aunts sent them. If Mum thought any gifts were abit too old for me they were “put up for another day” bless her.

Wonderful childhood memories that I now try to create in my way for Mum Kristy and my boy Mr Pips. He will have his stocking hung on the fire beam too. Oh to back in those innocent days.

Better crack on now being lazy this morning. Lol

FD tomorrow so into it now ..it doesn’t seem a challenge like it did in the beginning. Not expecting to lose this Tues but you never know.

Have a lovely Sunday Brit lovelies… It doesn’t matter how slow you go … just don’t stop. Xx

Morning all

I was so tired yesterday, got up to let the dog out, made tea and coffee, went back to bed and slept till 12.

Got on the scales and was 12 st 6 1/2 lbs. Was a bit stunned so weighed again. All the activity up and down stairs and cleaning was well worth it. Have been so good. It is spurring me on and it is an FD today. Just 1 1/2 lbs to a stone off! Weigh in is Friday now so fingers crossed.

How is everyone? Good I hope. Ahh Hemmy your Christmas sounds so lovely. What bliss. How are things with Kristy?

Celtic, sounds like you had a bad time with Stu. Life can really throw stuff at you can’t it? Hope you had a good weekend. Neil did not go out Saturday night (still too poorly and disorientated) but you did make me laugh calling it a gig. It is a place where all his old mates go and the bands are of the same era!! Perhaps a little shuffle around to an old Stones number and that’s it!!

Going off to wash my hair and then make a dental appointment.

See you all later.

Bev x

Hello All

Welcome Blaise to this little corner. It is great to gain the support of others and know that we all have the same ups and downs! I am fairly new to the 5:2 (started 19 Oct) and it is very inspiring and motivating to hear the more ‘seasoned’ fasters talking of the difference their weightloss has made to their lives. I am settling in to this new way of life and hope to reach my 3 stone goal by the end of 2016.

FD today but after days and days of rain, the sun is shining here in Devon so I think Willow dog is in for a nice muddy walk chasing pheasants.

Have a lovely day fasting buddies.

Xx

Well done Beverley, and thanks for all the welcomes. On a week’s leave this week so won’t have any fast days, but will still make wise eating decisions.

So sad about Paris……… and the rest of the world…….

Hi All,
    My thoughts to those in Paris. It is such a shame the human race cannot live side by side what ever ones race or religion.

Great job to those who fasted last week. I have not even read the forum post over the last week, so I hope you are all doing well.

I have been a little lax and keep having events that involve food come up. I will fast today, which is not a usual fast day for me. Now, have to go to get ready for circuit training at 6 am and need coffee before I go. Knowing that many of you are doing the same will keep me strong.

Hi all,

Just a quick post to you to let you know I am back at my mums. …

She has had a nasty fall today and I will be here for some time…

I will not be posting as much for a while I fear…

Keep on losing and good luck to you all

Audrey

Audrey, take good care of you both, we will be thinking of you.Its worrry isnt , went through similar with Stuarts Ma and Pa; the 2 1/2 hour drive made the worry worse.

Hi all

Oh Audrey..so sorry to hear about your mum. Hope she recovers quickly x thinking of you..take care xx

Beverley..well done with the loss!! Hope Neil is feeling much better now.

Blaise..welcome!! Hope you feel inspired by the forum. There are very knowledgeable people on here so hope it will help you reach your goal. This WOL works for so many of us. Have a mindful time if you’re not fasting πŸ™‚

Milena..so sorry to hear your history. I can sympathise. My father should never have married or had children but I haven’t let it spoil my life and I don’t ever waste time thinking of him (he died many years ago) Always been determined that my children would not go through the same πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

FD for me today..almost done. Hope everyone else is doing fine..

Celtic..great that Stu enjoyed the tai chi. I tried it a few years back but the instructor didn’t do much for me. Like yoga I think you need to have a connection.

It seems to me that we are a great bunch of dog lovers on this forum πŸ™‚ lovely to see those waggy tails and a great reason to get out and about for fresh air and exercise!

Have a good eve all πŸ™‚

Karen
    Xx

We got through another FD. I’ve already started using the second of the four holes we put in my belt in Friday. We took the dogs Sheringham for a low tide walk. We stopped for a cup of tea at the Funky Makerel… they had bread pudding so we have bought two slives and put it away for tomorrow and Wednesday. Once upon a time it would have disappeared within 30 seconds of sitting down at the table. Does any one have a recipe for bread pudding ?

Morning fellow brits,

My mum came home about 9 last night, she is battered and bruised. She has a big gash on her leg, and has cut her arm through to the muscle!

I am here until Saturday then hopefully going home for a couple of days, but I fear I may have to come back next week. ….

When dad was ill I did 3 days home 5 days here for months, I hope this isn’t the same.

Thanks for all your comments and best wishes in will be in touch again when I get time to, but as you can imagine I have my hands full.

I did however manage a fast day yesterday as with travelling etc did not manage to eat…..

Best wishes

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Oh Audrey what a shame for your Mum when she was doing so well.. Also it must be a worry for you going backwards and forwards. Very tiring. x I hope everything improves for your Mum soon. My heart goes out to you.Xx

Well nothing to report on the weight loss front. Still 11st and happy to maintain that for a while if need be over this festive time.
    Like Ginette let my skin settle down to my new weight. Then another push after Xmas.
    Will still do the 2 days FDs when possible but quite a lot of friends to visit the next few weeks. Of course food and drink will be involved. So no sweat.

Hope everyone is doing ok …. Brit lovelies …

We need Team Work to make the Dream Work. Xx

@audrey: so sorry to hear about your mum – got something similar going on with my father (except that he is horrible, which I’m sure your mum isn’t! Have far are you from your mum? I’m off to Surrey this week (leaving an animal-sitter in charge) as pa is going into hospital. It’s a two-hour drive, which is a bit tedious.

Hope everyone else has a good week.

Morning all

Oh dear Audrey. My very best wishes to your mum for a speedy recover. Take care of yourself too. x

Hemmy, 11 stone sounds like heaven. I shall dream on!! Nice you have some social occasions and I really think it does no harm to ease up on the weight loss. My social diary (if I had one!) is empty. Was thinking yesterday how lovely it is to be so much more active again. Able to move easily.

Karen lovely to hear from you and Celtic that belt sounds so good. I currently do not have one long enough to go round me!

Hemmy have you done this one before?

We eat to live not live to eat.

Bev x

Morning All

Oh Audrey, your poor Mum, she must have had quite a shock blass her. She is so fortunate to have a caring daughter to look after her. My best wishes for a speedy recovery and I hope everything goes well in the next few days.

Blaise, you have my sympathy, everything seems twice the ordeal when people can’t be nice. However, I hope your trip goes well.

Hemmy, I think there’s a few of us with Hemmy envy – did you ever think that would happen

Started back on the vitamin D supplement this week and it seems to be helping with the doldrums I was having! We are funny creatures.

My OH is still poorly and going for en emergency chest X-ray this week to see what the bother is. Fingers crossed.

Good FD yesterday but decided only to weigh in on Fridays!

Off out with a friend for healthy lunch and then to see Suffragettes haven’t been to cinema in years and looking forward to it!

Have a good rest of the day all

Xx

Good afternoon friends x

Hi Karen .. love these 4 legged things to bits but detest this wet muddy weather. Lol Hope your Fd yesterday went well.Xx

Hi Blaise safe journey to your Fathers. Hopefully he will appreciated the effort you are making re…animal sitter. Not easy for you I am sure. Xx

Hi Bev .. only visits with old friends a ritual every year. I do have a nice day coming up with my lovely friend and neighbour. Through Wowcher on the 7th Dec we are going to The Waldorf London for early evening dinner and bubbly .Going in the morning by train… shopping…Covent Garden. Already have clothes hanging from my wardrobe door . Lolol You can do that stone by Friday. Xx

Hi Newbs.. that made me laugh about envy. Just added cream to yesterdays FD soup {a biggg} bowl full plus not one but 2 white crusty rolls with butter.!!!!
    See I still have that greed lurking. Must admit though I do really like saying 11st instead of 12.1 and 10st will be even better.

We can do this everyone just keep the support going … just peep in… if you are busy. Brit lovelies….

When the times get tough .. the Brits get going. Xx

Hemmy my angel, there you are to lift the spirits!

I get a bit lonely for ladies company sometimes as Neil talks men talk. Yawn!
    I am looking forward to 7th December for you (see I remembered so there is hope for this old gal yet) lol What a fab trip out and well deserved too!!

Newby, I so hope all works out well for your husband. Thinking of you and hope you will let us know asap the prognosis.

Blaise, be careful on the roads with this wet weather won’t you. 2 hrs is a long trip. Sorry you dad is not nice. My mum was horrible but I loved my dad although he was remote. Ah well, you can choose your friends but not your relatives!

I am really focussing but don’t want to get too ambitious. Thinking of you all.

Bev x

Hi Blaise

welcome – how are you?

Audrey – its been a funny few days – up at 3.30 on Saturday for a Christmas Fair, which is an odd start as I’m not usually in bed until 3am – actually I didn’t sleep at all so just clock watched til it was time to get up – long trip to Durham in the rain, got there before 7, NOT a brilliant sales day, back up the road, home for 8, was in bed eating my dinner – pasta! – but was still awake at 1 am, up again at 5 – back down to Durham – would have stayed in a hotel but Lumiere or something was one, cheapest hotel nearly one hundred quid – without breakfast!!!

Second day made first day look good! We made a profit but would have done sooooo much better on ebay!

Of course food choices ugh! cakes, costas and biscuits all day, but just one meal.

Hubby’s birthday yesterday – so Spectre (excellent) and snacks, duck rolls, pakoras, samosas etc – a bottle of champagne – first booze for over 2 weeks – and finishing them off today – could do with a day off as hubby is knackered, he did all the driving – and just finishing off the snack and a bottle of red wine son had started yesterday!

Ready to get back into the swing tomorrow – not lost any weight BUT not gained any either – so a couple of fast days would be perfect!!!!!!

Hugs to you Bev and to anyone else who needs it – our wee problems have certainly been put into perspective this week – we are all here and out troubles and aches and out fat all prove one thing – we are all alive and kicking!!! Owt else is just a bonus!

Hope y’all and lost, and hope those who haven’t lost have all stayed the same!!!! Staying the same is such an achievement!!!

have a great week!!! and travel hopefully …..

With the run up to Christmas and lots to do … Xmas rush… with work…. family to look after. Its easy to forget our own wellbeing.
    Don’t forget we need to be strong and well for them. So need to take a bit of the day for unwinding in some form. ( reading for me curled up with Mr Pips on the sofa) Plus lots of hot lemon drinks with a bit of honey is nice and soothing.

Lets all crack this … if we cant lose this side of Xmas now.. lets stay with the good work we have all done so far this year. Next will be a doddle. Lol

All our Brit lovelies … Ginette ..Audrey..Milena..Karen..Bev.. Celtic ..Newbs..Sig..Blaise. Anyone else missed or just reading. { come and join us }

Stick around… Don’t lose your heart…keep going.. Just don’t stop. WE CAN DO THIS. Xx

Hemmy you are such a star at keeping us all motivated?Thank you

New chest of drawers (10 drawer and not flat pack) arrived yesterday. Took the two burley chaps about a minuite to carry it up stairs for us.A couple of big bags of clothes sorted for the charity shop andlots of boxes moved and sorted. Came very close to melt down when i went through a couple of boxes that himself had got on his side… assorted bits of old metal and nails from his old workshop/shed, not to mention bits of dead motor bike. I pointed out we have had the tenancy 10 months now and my tether is near its end and twanging! Oh the joys of living with someone who can longer prioritise.

Audrey I hope your mum has settled back at home ok. Sounds like she could do with lots of arnica cream to get rid of bruises. Take good care

Morning all,

Just a quick post again today. …
    My mum is struggling to walk and is looking very frail….we have the district nurse coming in tomorrow to change the dressing so I may have more information about it then.

I have soaked her feet and her one leg not bandaged this morning in arnica and propolis, and have washed her body in the same mix, Bless her she looks like she has been well and truly battered!

Thanks for your good wishes, I don’t feel quite as alone in this and it’s nice to hear how well you are all doing.

I heard from ginette yesterday, she is struggling a little with her son moving soon, but says she will be back soon and sends her best wishes to you all, I don’t think she is reading any posts though.

Will post again tomorrow morning, keep going and keep in touch, together we are stronger. …

Audrey

Hi all

Good to see us out in force.

Milena, lovely to hear from you. Audrey, hope your mum gets on well.

Another broken night with Neil, chest pains, got up and got soluble aspirin. He saw a cardiologist twice when last on chemo so I didn’t worry too much. Think probably indigestion. The constant worry drives me crazy sometimes.

Anyway, Hope we all keep the faith as there really is no excuse! Well, maybe a little bit!!

Bev x

Aww Celtic thank so much. x

I just love your description of events with Stu.. Especially “my tether is near its end and twanging! Going to use that on Kristy Lol.
    Actually.. your love for him shines through. Xx

Oh Audrey bless you and your lovely Mum.
    Like Celtic says Arnica cream is so good. Used it on Mum a few years ago when she had an op and was bruised. She thought it was a fad bless her and couldn’t believe how well it cleared up the bruising. Guarded the pot with her life. Hope things get better for you both soon. We are always just a word away. Take great care. Xx

Hi Bev just seen you post. x

Oh what a constant worry for you. It must be very hard for you to relax.

I hope things improve for you both very soon.. We are always her for you Bev you are such a little trouper. Take care Xx

FD for me today… don’t know how it will go as Kristy working from home and has a flu bug. Xx

Beverley hope Neil is ok

Hemmy thanks for being you xxx

Audrey

Good morning fasting buddies

For the first time in a week, the sun is shining in devon – rushing now to get all the washing out!!

Audrey, my heart is really with you. Just when you think you have everything going smoothly after a blip, something else happens and it always seems to be in the wintertime! Along with our other buddies, I am sending oodles of positive get well thoughts to your dear mum.

Beverley, what a worrying time for you and Neil. Keep strong – it always amazes me how we women can delve to the depths and find some reserve!

My other half seems to be a lot better this morning – it seems the different antibiotics are having a better effect.

Celtic, your post so made me smile – I could wholeheartedly relate to the twanging nerves! I found things just disappeared one by one – all rather mysterious!!;)

Hemmy, where would we be without your cheery posts? Hope you have a good fast day. ( I spent my last fast day singing the old song “we will overcome” much to the dogs annoyance!)

Xxxx

Just to make my life complete I now have a big boil on my nether regions!!! Such joy….

Audrey

Oh dear Audrey

I know I shouldn’t laugh but I did and It’s not really funny but it is! On top of all else!! My thoughts are with you, I have had the odd one in the past and just plastered it with sudocream……..I shall not ask for the exact proximity but take care my friend. Perhaps it is an omen of some kind….you know, like an itching palm means money?

I was not in good humour earlier as I am sure told in my post. I had a big baked spud with dinner last night and did much hand wringing over it. Crazy I know and I don’t want to get too manic about this but……

When I was a young mother I got so many comments from my mother (and older sister) about my shape. I was not overweight but became bulimic. I thought I was fat but easily wore size 10 clothes when a size 10 was really a size 10. I measured 36.25.35……not exactly fat at 5 ft 7 inches. I became afraid of food and it has stayed with me to some extent.

Audrey, I am doing sausage casserole tonight and will enjoy. Love to you and your mum, and watch that boil!

Hemmy and Celtic and Milena and Newby and Karen and Ginette love to you all. If I have forgotten a name or two it’s not that I don’t care, I am getting forgetful.

Bev x

Hi all

Audrey..poor you x it’s just one thing after another x hope your mum is doing OK and that she heals well although it takes ages when they’re a good age. Take care of yourself as much as you can..that boil is telling you something!

Celtic Bev and Newby..hope your OHs are doing OK. It is such a worry for you all x stay strong xx

Hemmy..I’m with you..no loss at last w/e’s weigh in but I’m OK with that. Body has to consolidate at times and at least it wasn’t an increase πŸ™‚ Back to my usual exercise routine this week now the fireworks have stopped..yay!!..so hoping for a teeny loss by this w/e! Will keep focussed but not going to kick myself if I indulge a bit over the Christmas season.

Also off to visit mum for long w/e on Sat (with eldest daughter) so it will be good to have a travelling companion. Meals out prob on the cards too!!

Really blustery here..is Barney still around?!! Hope no-one has suffered any damage x

Looking forward to a FD tomorrow.

Take care all x

Karen
    Xx

Hopefully hurricane Barney has moved on and lost his power. We need a break from these tiring winds.

We all seem to be plodding on with our weight goals this side of Xmas.. which is brilliant.

With such a lot going on around us in our little corner … sending healing ..positive energy to us all and our loved ones . Especially with all that goes on at this time of the season…it must be hard going trying to juggle life to accommodate everyone… especially if not 100% yourself. Can be very draining. Try to take those precious 30 minutes to yourself relaxing.Xx

Shopping day with Mum .. will be mindful with food today… not buy in too many temptations too early. Lol

Anyone doing FD today .. How are you planning it?

Ginette ..Audrey..Milena..Karen..Bev.. Celtic ..Newbs..Sig..Blaise.

Dear Brit lovelies … Today stay positive.. some of your best days are yet to come.Xx

Morning all

Its been decided I am going home on Saturday and returning on Tuesday. …mum is not doing very well at all…..

Nurse is coming today to dress her wounds so hoping to find out more then, my brother suggested social services……aaargh! I nearly hit him, she was almost in tears, just send me to the knackers yard she said. …why are men so thoughtless? It took me hours to calm her down. Sorry I am moaning will stop now.

Have a great day, be mindful of what you eat, best regards keep in touch

Audrey

Good morning precious fasting buddies

Audrey, I hope the nurses visit is helpful and you have a positive day today.

Thanks Hemmy for your post – so cheery and kind.

Karen, I hope you have a good visit to your mum. Amazing how the distance seems so much shorter when you have a travelling companion.

How is it going Blaise? FD for me but nearly forgot as I lay in bed and planning my breakfast! Made do with cuppa as I like to save my cals for the evening meal! Weigh in tomorrow – please God just 1lb will keep me happy!

Bev, Celtic, Sig, Ginette, Milena and everyone, have a great day and keep busy if you’re fasting – off to write my list!

Newbsxxx

Newby

Fingers crossed for 1 lb + good luck

Audrey

Thanks Audrey x

FD here for us today, not sure i will last through to tea time, I’ll see how it goes. Just dropped Mouse the Border Terrier off at the vets to be spayed.. shes always so excited to go to vets? Hoping its all straight forward, shes also having a mamary cystm which they are going to deal with at the same time.

Hi all

FD today. Nearly forgot! Audrey, hope you are looking after you too. A lot on your plate but what a star for your mum. x

Hemmy, I think you would get all our votes as resident cheer leader!! x Always make me smile.

Newby, you sound really on top of this. Lots of positive vibes.

I don’t know yet if daughter will be back this weekend. She’s in Turin and the job is secure after she and her work partner passed their 2 week trial.

Love to all and if FD stay strong.

Bev x

I have done myself a bit of a mischief. Not a total disaster but caved in and had a smoked salmon sarnie with some little plum toms. Too early but the smoked salmon was a day out of date so needed eating, right? I calculate 320 cals which leaves just almost nothing when I count in the milk in morning coffees.
    Should I have dinner and try to fast tomorrow?

To compound matters I got silly and had Abba on full blast yesterday afternoon, dancing and doing all sorts of inner thighs, arms and my ghastly tum, loads of stretching. I am getting stiffer and aching more by the minute. Why am I so stupid? It seemed such fun at the time. I forget how old I am.

Bev x

Hi Beverley

If it was me I would regroup and start again tomorrow. …..I laughed at the Abba though, dancing queen no doubt haha!

Celtic, hope the dog is ok, such a worry when they go to the vets.

Newby, hope your fast day is going well.

Nurse has been, mum has 30 stitches in her leg and 15 in the arm….also think she has broken her nose…..

Such a worry, I am not fasting at the moment just trying to be good, need to keep mum fed….

Have a good day everybody

Audrey

Oh Audrey, poor Mum. Been meaning to ask you how far away does she live ? Thats a lot of stitches ?

Hi celtic

She is about 90 – 120 mins away up the m6… time depends on traffic conditions. Not sure how many miles think it’s about 80….

Yes a lot of stitches she has made quite a mess of herself, however they have done a good job of stitching her back together again.

Hi Brit buddies πŸ™‚

Audrey..those wounds sound dreadful..your poor mum x hope she is as comfortable as possible and gets good care from community nurses x

Newby..hope you get that 1lb tomorrow πŸ™‚

Celtic..poor Mouse x hope all went well. Our dog is terrified of going to the vet..was OK until she was spayed. Now has to be sedated as she shakes like a leaf. Nothing is going to change her vet experience now she’s 12 years old poor thing. Hope this doesn’t happen to Mouse x

Bev..whoops!!! These things happen! I’d have a NFD today and try again tomorrow. Don’t beat yourself up..stay focused..it will all come good πŸ™‚

Hemmy..hope you’ve had a lovely day..shopping with mum and a nice lunch x

Hope everyone else is good πŸ™‚ FD for me today and all going well!

Have a fab eve πŸ™‚

Karen
    Xx

Hi Karen

must be a few men burning in hell, just a pity I’m not too sure that there is a hell!

though there must be a fair few kids who have a wonderful life cos their mums and dads didn’t do so well – its easy to do the opposite of what was done to you eh?

Rescue remedy and mimulus – try both for dogs going to the vet – rescue will sort out the terror and mumulus is ‘fear of known things’ – used it for many many years on my cats – recommended by my vet – and of course no placebo effect cos they can’t read the label! Though I suspect the brandy is effective – bachs flower remedies – you can rub it in their ears, or put a few drops in water, but I find a pipette full chucked in the gob is most effective! Great for animal who dislike vets or travel, or fireworks, I used it for a cat who disliked being shown, when bringing in new cats, for ill cats and for dying cats.

Bev, salmon is so good for you and the dancing made up for the calories – I just can’t wait for Christmas so I can get the cd on – gawd do I embarrass my boys but me prancing around the house like an overgrown reindeer singing tunelessly at the top of my voice is as much a part of Christmas as the tree!

My son has already told me that he WILL NOT put up the outside lights – I have to ask the OH to do it at least 50 times before it gets done – standing at the door not letting them in on Christmas Eve has been done – I ask and ask and ask – then yell and swear and it gets done!

Son even said he would do the Christmas dinner instead, interesting arguement about pastry followed, seems he has NOT made a proper puff pastry after all, and hell will freeze over before I let him buy a M&S beef wellington.

The solution has been reached though – my bathroon ceiling will be painted, and my tree will be put up and trimmed with help from my son – that’s a first, although he insists he has done it for years (bringing the box out of the attic does not actually count as trimming the tree!)

We have two Christmas trees in the garden, the first two we bought, but hubby then decided we were having a fake one! I’m tempted to uproot one of the garden trees, but we have a load of cats buried around them – not my idea of rising from the dead, and thats Easter anyway. Gawd help the next folk who come here if they do a bit of landscaping, I think I have over a dozen buried there – the buggers are still forever tripping me up – and some nights on our bed there is nowhere to put my legs!

Counting down the days for a couple of newbys – giving him another two years!!!!!

Audrey, hugs to your mum, and perhaps crab apple for her, the cleansing remedy, and red chestnut and elm for yourself! worth checking out. Where is she if she is up the M6 – my direction?

Good evening friends X

Oh Audrey what a shame for your Mum… I do hope she will be feeling better soon. It must be very hard for you coping.

Unfortunately it seems men don’t have the same sensitivity as women. I bet that did upset your Mum although your brother probably didn’t mean it in a bad way. Thing is its like my Mum they hate to think they are being a bother to us. I hope something can be sorted out to suit everyone. You shouldn’t have do that journey too many times you will be worn out . Take care Audrey if you need a moan come here to us. Xx

Hi Newbs Hope your FD has gone well with not too many hiccups. I will hold my lucky crystal tonight and will be willing you to lose that lb tomorrow.. Xx

Hi Celtic … best wishes to Mouse and hope all went well today at the vets.

I always feel quite ill when I take Mr Pips for a checkup and feel so very relieved when all is well. Its like taking a child to the Doctor. Our pets give us some much unconditional love. Kristy was only saying this evening she thought people with animals were so much happier in general. We both adore Mr Pips everything here is geared around his well being… You sound like wise. Xx

Bevvvvv our Dancing Queen. Of course that salmon needed to be eaten up what else could you do. It had your name on it. Lol

Maybe you could do a 700 cal day today and the same tomorrow. Just a thought.

How is the course coming on .. A village lady has been doing an on line antiques course ..was so excited as she had got 2 distinctions. I think your course sounded interesting though … think I could fancy that. Xx
    Celtic

Hi Karen hope your visit finds your Mum safe and well and more adjusting to her new setup. Nice to have company on a journey .. someone to share things with.
    Enjoy your meals out a few FDs on a good soup will soon put them to rights.
    Take care have a safe trip… at least it looks like Barney is finished after the havoc to my roof tiles. Lol Xx

Ginette … Milena …Sig and Blaise hope all is well with you. Xx

Fast day tomorrow YAY. Xx

Hi milena

Good the hear from you, was getting a wee bit worried but thought you were probably busy with sales on ebay. ..

Mum is in Lancashire, we are in Cheshire.. not the posh cheshire though!

Would love to see videos of all my fast friends singing and dancing. …

Audrey

Hi

still wrecked form last weekend, but sooo well organised for this weekend, and the fair is about 5 miles away!

Will definitely be over early in the New Year, so tell your mum to expect me then!

After the weekend, Monday post then afternoon tea at M&S, free tea for two for OHs birthday, Tuesday Glasgow, a trip to an Art Nouveau exhibition, hopefully a quick look at the items in Anita Roddicts quarterly auction – worth the trip just to look, but I have something to pick up, and off to Perth to fill our cabinets – then a whole month in the house!!! Hope there are loads of films to record, Masterchef and Masterchef Australia already recorded, but I have watched most of My kitchen rules, I’m in love with Manu and Pete!!!

Give your mum a hug from me!

Doing two weeks of sort of Atkins, 4 weeks if I can manage no alcohol and no caffiene and no onions or muchrooms – I can see this all ending in tears, even without any onions to peel – wonder if onions in stock is acceptable. Be interesting to combine with 5:2 hopefully a wee kick afore the festivities begin – though we do our own staff parties – a staff of three and whoever drops in – so we don’t start until the post is done on the day before Christmas Eve!

Have a good rest, my friend, you deserve it! and hugs to your mum from me!

Milena Good luck with the new diet…..hope it works, just don’t do it for too long I wouldn’t want you to get ill Atkins is not a good diet, one of my friends had a stroke after doing it….

Arnt family, great, my brothers wife came to visit us last night, that’s nice I thought…NO…. came to ask what happening with mum, I said I am home on sat back on Tues till following sun. .. oh that’s when we go away she said could you not go home on sat back on Tuesday and stay for 3 weeks, it will stop us worrying whilst we are away!

Luckily for me his first wife is still very much part of our family and actually cares for my mum so hopefully she is willing to help, fingers crossed. … probably won’t see them again until just before they go….

Sorry to vent but I was livid. …..

Hope your day is starting better than mine! And if anyone wants a brother give me a shout, because both of mine are useless. ….

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 1,901 through 1,950 (of 35,419 total)

You must be logged in to reply.