Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,981 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 7 hours, 54 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,601 through 17,650 (of 35,468 total)

• Truth about carbs tonight… bbc 1 ….8 pm…I like this doctor…
    X

Evening all!
    Cakey- you’ve done well today! Not sure about pomegranate seeds on their own though! Good that the anti-inflamt. diet is working, makes it worth the fuss!
    Caz- love washing out too! (as long as hubby doesn’t do it, he hangs the big stuff on the inside, & undies on display on the outside of the rotary line!) I like everything to have matching coloured pegs, so takes me a while to peg things out, now that is sad!
    Tried a new keto recipe tonight- courgette & quorn pepperoni, was supposed to be baked in a sort of cheesy sauce, but the sauce set. I liked it, but son not so keen.
    I think I’ll fast properly tomorrow, but will see…

Hi fat busting brits. Xx

Well what a glorious day.

Weety.. how very exciting looking for rings… its a wonderful time in our lives.. hope you find “The One.. Xx

Mino.. Oh I hope you feel better very soon.. good rest and sleep is the best healer. Xx

Hedgehogs… Think 2 small meals is good way to go. I really only have 2 meals a day no breakfast … if I have anything other that the milky coffee I am so hungry all day.

Your families must be so happy to see you .. someone kind when they are in need. Xx

Caz…Think its hard growing wild flowers from seed .. they are lovely though..I also just love seeing and smelly the washing on the line… its the best. Lol Love the recycling centre too.. love it if I can find old garden stuff .. Hope you FD was successful. Xx

Brads my Mum had Yorkshires for pudding with golden syrup on. Hope the lamb was good it makes the very best gravy.Xx

Caky .. you sound very focused today ..hope you enjoy your dinner and choose something tasty.. You did well bypassing M&S lovely food. Xx

Sym … hope you get a good quote .. its amazing how they can be so different ..

I have just seen this article about putting a thick slice of onion in a sock on the bottom of your foot.

It supposed to clean the blood .. bringing out all impurities … also rather than make your feet smell it makes the fresher. Lolol Guess what I am doing tonight… Just adore these kind of natural old tales. Already have the soap in the bed.. might as well have some onion. Lolol Xx

Night all … good day here .. cheese omelette and salad fruit … Xx

Change of plan tomorrow FD postponed until Friday, may go to Holmfirth. We usual go shopping on a Friday but I won’t have the car so hence the FD, will go shopping Saturday probably.

Morning all!
    Dave- have a nice day out! … & Tatu, yo as well!
    I’ll fast properly today, so used to doing regular fasting it feels weird not to! A fun day planned- cleaning youngest son’s room properly, he’s supposed to be helping! It’s such a tip, I’ve threatened before to take a photo & send it to the sergeant in charge of cadets to shame him!
    Who else is fasting today?

Hedgehogs – the sergeant comment made me chuckle out loud!

Hemmy – super exciting, we’ve been there in April having a look around for ideas etc, we may have in made in SA by my sister and her tutors where she is studying jewellery manufacturing and design. I’ve bee scribbling and sketching away so we shall see what the old dude with the know how say when they see my musings. We are patient and happy to wait for the perfect stone and perfect design. Super individual, no solitaire in white gold to see here 🙂 I’ll let you know
    how it goes 🙂

Jean – I’ll see if I can watch ‘the truth about carbs’ tonI guy at work. Have you seen ‘the maniac pill’ as with all these docs rather sensationalised but worth a read, that and ‘plucked’ which is about chicken farming in the US.

CW – some of my clients are from Iran and they Love pomegranate seeds sprinkled with black pepper. Brilliant for blood pressure, antioxidant effects, liver support etc etc.

On the thread of anti-inflams and foods
    Minami fish oils, the platinum ones with the vitamin D3 are excellent and I can offer my professsional login details to obtain a discount. I forgot who was affected by this.
    Dietary wise anti-inflam paleo approach is awesome so def on the right track, skin tells us first what’s happening so as you mentioned that I’m sure you’ll have a great way to know when you are doing things right.
    If you have nuts in your diet you can soak them in water and even add a little lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to reduce the phytogeography content and so make the nutrients more readily available. Smoothies filled with plenty of anti-inflams foods are a great way to start the day – avo, beetroot, berry, mint, rocket, cucumber is a favourite. You can get hold of organic berries from Waitrose that are frozen which saves a few pennies or buy the fresh organic ones as they are going bad and at a discount and freeze yourself.
    You might want to try out making a turmeric ‘latte’ at night, 1 inch Fresh turmeric – grated. (Can but large amounts and allow to dry out naturally in your kitchen in the side in a bowl – keep for months) 1/2 tsp cinnamon., pinch of black pepper, 3/4 cup hemp milk, 1/2 cup water, and if you’d like it sweetened add raw honey, maple syrup or similar in modest amounts reducing each time the quantity until your tastebuds are happy with it without sweetener. Super tasty, soothing and gives you a little help with inflammation. Cx

Wow, Weetybee, what a lot you know! I need you in my kitchen – I guess that’s why you’re so good at your job!

FD for me today… Whoops just noticed the time. Need to eat the boy to school.

Mx

Minols – haha thanks I’m a bit nerdy but also have been a chef for about 10years – more actually. I am also a trained registered clinical nutritionist… explains a bit I guess.

🙂

Have a good school run

Morning All…
    As getting up..Steve in his wisdom emptied his single wardrobe, into the guest bedroom, then me…after breakfast we are dismantling and taking to tip…I won’t know where anything is when needed…lol…he definitely has a bee in his bonnet…

We are fasting today..so looks like another busy one…

Hemmy…
    Strange old remedies…must work or they wouldn’t be wrote down…my Mum possibly like your Mum had strange old sayings..I often think and laugh about them….have a good day…

Cakey Wakey..
    I love pomegranate seeds on their own…we used to pick them out with a pin as a child…all bought loose now…lol

Dave..
    Enjoy your run out to Holmfirth today…hope the car goes well tomorrow..

Hedgehog..
    Good luck at mucking out the young sons room….something to look forward to….

Tatu..
    You are very knowledgeable…and interesting..I will keep what you have wrote down…..and the manic pill..thanks….I think you will get a few questions off us…

Minols..
    Hope you are not late…oops..

Must go jobs to do 😂..the boy keeps me on my toes….and they are sore at the moment..the weather I think..

Jean x

HI all

Decided that the only way to survive a fast with a cold as bad as this one is soup! I cooked a curry the other night with roasted kumara and chicken, and whizzed up the left over kumara and sauce so make a smooth hot soup (really spicey!). So the tub is now in the church kitchen and I’ve just gone for my first portion. I’ve no idea of the calories, and don’t really care! Soup is always good, and I know I didn’t add any fat to the curry, so it’s basically stock, kumara and light coconut milk and I’m planning on having a mug full whenever I feel sorry for myself today.

I’m going to spend most of the day at my desk – phone calls to people who are really needing visits, with the exception of a baby who I’ll be baptising soon…as long as I don’t give him a cuddle, hopefully I can say tell the mum what she needs to know without making the wee one ill and ruining their holiday! After all, my own boy has proved completely immune so far!

Last track of who else is fasting today – good luck, though.

Jean…Steve’s a bit of a taskmaster – but when you’ve made the decision it’s always best to just get on with the job!

Mx

Minors – sorry to hear your battling with the cold!

Hope you feel better soon xx

Well, I survived until about 7pm yesterday and then caved in and ate 2 digestives. Not the ideal food but it stopped the craving. The strange thing is that I don’t feel hungry this morning again. I’ll probably have a light lunch about midday.

So many of you love to see the washing blowing on the line. I’m not the only weird one though I have to say that you top the list hedgehogs with your same coloured pegs! Undies blowing in the wind for all to see is a no no for me too. 😉

I watched the truth about carbs last night. Very interesting. I eat rice at least once a week but I’m now going to replace it with quinoa and see how I get on with it.

Weetybee – Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I’ve copied your anti-inflams and foods post for reference.

symba7 – We also ate pomegranate seeds with a pin as a child. That bought back some very happy memories for me. It would probably be seen as a serious health and safety risk now if a child was caught using a pin to eat with 😉

Just finished colouring my hair. I’m off to stay at my daughter’s next week and can’t have her seeing her old Mum with grey hair! A day of washing and ironing in preparation for trip.

Good luck to all fasters and hope you all have a day enjoying your trips out, cleaning sons bedrooms, working and running around trying to find things after your OH has moved them all 🙂

Afternoon All…
    Is that the time..a brew of coffee before our shower…my poor teeth haven’t seen the brush yet….

Wardrobes in bits in the garden ready for the tip run…funny our bedroom is getting bigger and bigger by the minute….

Minols…
    Hope your soup works you sound in a bad way…wrong time of the year for colds!

Caz..
    When I settle down must look into the carbs of last nights programme frightening how they turn into sugar…we have brown rice once a week, must see were that sits…thanks for reminding me to log Tatu’s post, it wouldn’t let me while writing…very interesting too…

Where does your daughter live, is she far from you?….all glammed up ready to go…..have a lovely time…is hubby going with you too…

On the move again speak later…

Jean x

Fasting here too, so need to keep busy. Neil in work til 10pm so at least no temptations!!

Watched the programme last night, nothing new for me and I rarely eat beige carbs. Cant remember the last time I had pasta but I do occasionally have rice or cous cous and the odd potato. I cant get on with brown rice.

Right off to attack the bathroom 😐

Jean- hope you have somewhere else for all the clothes to go, it’ll be chaos by the time you have to pack for Florida!
    Tatu- very impressive, a nutritionist as well! Are you still practising? The magic pill’s a very interesting watch, saw it a few weeks ago.
    Minols- hope the soup helps you nurse the cold… & hope you can avoid giving it to the congregation. A baptism must be lovely!
    Kay- hope you stay strong!
    Caz- all digestive biscuit temptations removed now for me with being keto, there’s half a packet sitting in the cupboard here, if you want any more?! Lovely to be staying with your daughter soon!
    Son’s room done- it was grim! He’s got one of these beds which lift up to store stuff underneath, so I can’t move it on my own to hoover the corners, & he has so much junk I’m not clearing it all up, so it was great to get him sorting things out, a proper spring clean! 3 loads of washing done, some other cleaning done, & did a HIIT workout too, so my legs feel it now! Just looking at some recipes to try eldest son on next week, with him still wanting veggie meals, I might not fast next week but try one meal a day instead, like 16:8 but 22:2! Not sure, I find it easier not too eat at all really, but seems daft cooking things I like for my son & me not eat them!
    Hope everyone stays strong this afternoon…

Had a good time in Holmfirth, did the Summer wine tour, and Went past Roy Castles house also the rugby pitch where the hearts Scorpions used to play. Had a cuppa in Sids Cafe and ate too much 😋, will try for a liquid diet again tomorrow to make amends.

Afternoon…

Just sitting down…shopping and a tip run…started getting things together for tomorrow we are hoping to be away early…in the middle of a Country Park I cant remember how the WiFi will be…one of my favourite sites…..we are having a meal out with step daughter and tesco close by so not too bothered taking too much..

Kay..
    We don’t eat much beige stuff, we are very down now on bread and potatoes…I don’t mind brown rice I can’t tell the difference, but must look at that…thinking though we eat crumpets, a bit beige…

Hedgehog…
    We can’t do the three big wardrobes till we come back off holiday, cases back in the loft and the two beds will be where all the clothes go…still it will be more like September as a 5 week order wait…and we have a few things to do before they start…we are slow at doing things takes us ages now…

Looks like a lovely spring clean for the boys room…hope he helped a bit…you have to think your food planning next week..see how you go..

Well I think I will look at some low carb recipes and see if there’s anything I might like…have a hunt around the web…

Minols…
    Hope you are feeling a bit better with your soup….

Dave…
    Glad your trip went well…a good day for it…

Really hot here now…lots of banging from the neighbours house new windows going in…

Jean x

Quiet on here today!
    Well thats enough cleaning for today, kept me busy though! Just finishing my coffee and Ive had some berries and a bit of yogurt, so Im up to 125 cals so far. Ive got some prawns and Ill have them with a bit of salad and that will be me finished until tomorrow.

Jean, where is it you are going tomorrow?
    Dave, sounds like a great day for you.
    HH, youve been busy too. Sounds like a good plan for next week with the meals.

Anyone got any sun today? None here at all 🌚

Been sunny all day here, can’t remember when we have not had sun. Haddock for tea tonight lost count of calories today.

Glad someone has some sun!!!
    😂

Finished on 385 cals. My macro split was 54% carbs, 24% fat and 22% protein

It is interesting to look at the carb breakdown of foods. Even the milk I had was 42% carb = sugar!

Kay…
    Ready for a break without any work…lol..we have the sun here, very hot…I will bring it back south..

We are going to Tredegar Country Park, near Newport, Wales…SD lives about 20 mins away…lovely site not too big..

Steve is doing some jobs on her motorbike Saturday morning so I will go for a NW and have some me time, I believe a cafe may call…not standing about watching mechanics at work…both chatting bikes, nice for Steve he taught her mechanics from about 8 she is very good, she can take a bike to pieces and put it back together…she needs help with her exhaust..

Dave…
    I thought it was only us who have good eating days…I think it helps a re boost…have a beer…

Jean x

Which milk do you use? I joined that Facebook group mentioned on here, looks good.

Wholemilk…and double cream..
    X

I have Bob milk tastes very good.

Kay…( sorry I missed your post)

We have loads of milk quite frightening really…we go through 16 pints a week between the two of us…looked at low carb recipes don’t really like them.

I cut bread, alcohol and potatoes out altogether years ago and I lost loads of weight..continued just to eat as normal even a bit of chocolate ..thinking of doing that again..

I went in cafes and asked for a sandwich without bread…just the filling I used to get loads and a salad side..told them I couldn’t eat bread…lol

Have a lovely evening…

Jean x

Kay- Weel done keeping to your cals today- it’s surprising how the carbs add up with milk- now I’m doing keto I have double cream in coffee, it’s got far less! The only bits of carbs I have now is some nuts & seeds, leafy veg/ salad, a few strawberries, & nut butters (have to be careful with that, I could eat a whole jar!!)Most cheeses are very low carb too.
    Jean- have a lovely break! I think you’ll need a rest after all that work today!
    Dave- sounds like a fun day out!
    Hope everyone else is okay?
    Sorted some meals with eldest, shopping list ready for tomorrow! Now going to watch the holiday body programme on Channel 5- I wish!!

Evening everyone,

Hedgehogs, Bec only has a couple of exams to go now, thanks for asking. She’s hoping to get a part time job at the motorway services Hannah works at, but they are so disorganised I’m not sure it’ll happen.

CW, Hannah’s course only has a 3 week break between 2nd and 3rd year and she’s decided to live at home next year as she’ll be away from home on placements for at least 3 months and begrudges paying rent when she’s not living there. We live 5 minutes from a free park and ride to the hospital where her course is based, so it all makes financial sense.

Jean, I leave the house having just run my fingers through my hair after a shower and no makeup. Probably your worst nightmare. Bring the weather with you tomorrow please, miserable here.

Dave, great that your daughter has noticed your weight loss. Family are often the last to comment.

Kay, you seem to be getting back in the swing. I’m T-1lb at the moment and would love to lose that this week, but takeaway promised tomorrow so maybe not.

Caz, hope you have a great time at you daughter’s. I like washing on the line, especially on a hot day when it’s dry as soon as the next load is done, but don’t match my pegs!

Minols, hope the soup hit the spot and you’re feeling better soon.

Hemmy, looking at some shrubs to go where I’m having a diseased damson tree removed, but not really got any idea. Green fingers have definitely not been inherited.

Tatu, you sound very creative. I’m the opposite, very practical and no imagination.

Liquid FD again today and I’ve been a bit peckish, but not caved in. Hope everyone’s had a great day.

Lynne x

Morning all!
    Lynne- well done on yesterday’s fast, enjoy the takeaway tonight! I’m not much of a gardener, but it might not be a good idea to put something new in the same place as a diseased tree came out of? We’ve tried planting several things where a tree dies, & they’ve all died too, giving up & going to get a birdbath or something!!
    Jean- have a safe journey!
    Typhoo- are you fasting?
    Hope everyone else has a good Friday!
    Didn’t get to see all the programme last night- eldest came home early from kickboxing as he’s twisted his ankle badly (skipping!!- he gets his coordination skills from his mum, lol!), drove home in first gear I think! So did his dinner & fussed about with icepacks…
    Nephew’s moving in with his girlfriend today, bought a house together, hopefully going over to see their place & taking Mum for a nose too- I don’t think he’ll ever get round to inviting anyone over so might be the only chance we get! Shopping first…

Moroni g all.

Yesterday was a bust – still low but definitely a bust. I struggled to stay awake most of the day. I feel better just now and I’m optimistic I must be through th worst of this thing… Surely by now!

The old dog is driving me mad this week, too – whining like crazy in the house because there are a couple bitches in season and he basically wants to live in the park! He’s trying to skip about like a young thing in love… Considering his back is still basically bald from the last surgery and his back legs look like they’re still being controlled by a dog in another field – he’s no chance!

HH – hope you’re son’s ankle is ‘better’ this morning. I first I thought he’d been skipping like my boy sometimes does through the park… Then realised the context meant it was probably the much more butch skipping of a gym!

Mx

Good morning Hedgehogs Mino and all. Xx

A cloudy start here… hopefully sun later.

Hedgehogs .. hope your son is feeling better this morning after a rest. Enjoy your nose around with your Mum. Xx

Mino .. glad you are feeling better today… lovely to hear there is still good life in an older dog. Lol xx

Had a good day yesterday .. am back to pre last weeks gain… so hopefully a mindful week-end … been good this week no alcohol at all. lol

Picking up Mum today till Mon …so a nice look around charity shops then pick up a sandwich for lunch on the way back.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing … Good luck fasters..

Brit Lovelies .. Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” Xx

Morning All..
    Up early and fnishing the last bit of food packing…we will be away in the hour..

Weigh in..Steve 1 lb on..and me the same..as the last 6 weeks!!

Hedgehog..
    I won’t feel so bad with cream over milk now..good luck at the house snoop..hope your boys ankle is a bit better today…skipping. Ummm.

Lynne..
    You are right..it would be my worst nightmare..still at 2am I did go to the hospital with Steve bleeding…good job there’s no mirrors..lol

Glad the exams are nearly finished..not heard much in that direction with Grandson..😬😬

Minols..
    Tha boys are all the same..’ it’s all in the head’…😂…glad we are more stable….hope your cold is feeling better..

Love to everyone else…speak from sunny Newport 🤞

Jean x

Good morning up early to take the car in for the bodywork, going to try a liquid fast again today, had to much yesterday 🤐🤐🤐😜😮.Cloudy at the moment so fingers crossed it will pick up.

Sym.. Good not putting on .. its hard when you have to be social a lot with family etc.. much easier on your own… Just a blip for Steve with the lb …

Have a nice break. Xx

Brads.. hope all goes well with the car and you are pleased. Hope the sun shines on you too. Xx

Off out with my boy .. brightening up. Xx

Bah

Wrote a long reply and got distracted and it disappeared!

More later – now off for a run (perhaps a shuffle) and am fasting again today. Scales show an encouraging 1 pound (1/2kg) loss. Finger toes and eyes crossed this will continue and I’ll get to the June solstaice goal!

Chat soon

Good morning to you all. FD day for me today. I’ll be doing a weigh in tomorrow to see how the three FD a week went.

Jean – My daughter lives in Sheffield. I do get to see her fairly regularly but would love to be closer to her. It will just be me going to visit as there is no hubbie to take with me. Have a great time in Newport and I hope the sun shines for you.

hedgehogs – I’ll pass on your offer of the digestives thanks. I’m slowly clearing out all the no go food from my cupboards. Hope you have fun nosing around your nephews house 🙂

Sun still shining here. Had a burst of rain yesterday evening but not a lot. Could really do with a good downpour for the garden. Preferably at night whilst I’m sleeping!

Glad you’re feeling a bit better today minols. Hopefully that’s the worst of it over with. Your comments about your dog made me chuckle. 😉

Hope everyone has a great day doing whatever floats your boat.

Took the car in, thought I was climbing mount Everest walking back to the bus stop,I will give them a call around 4pm to see if it’s done. One cup of tea and one coffee up to now.

Morning all, almost afternoon.

Lets start with the british stuff….cloudy again here but still warm!

Back a bit achey and stiff from yesterdays spring clean start. I was going to continue today but Im going to rest up a bit as Im in in work tomorrow so need to be mobile!

Weigh in this morning, lost most of the pesky pounds I gained whilst I was away! So 4lbs down this week. Going to read more about the Dirty Diet and do that for 4 weeks. Essentially its 4:3 but with different cal allowances (I think) and the emphasis on eating foods good for gut health. So like MM revamped 5:2 The clever gut diet.
    First aim is to get back to lowest of this year, back at end of Jan. So Lynne, Im with you, T-4!! I think yours is lower.

Neils about to go to work, so more later x

Hi all

Continuing to feel betterer – yippee! Finished off the soup at lunch, and it’s been just cloudy enough to warrant making sausage casserole tonight for tea, so I’ll get on to that once the boy is home from school.

Kay – well done on the spring clean (…and the fabulous 4lbs lost – which is more important!) and ease your body gently after all the exertion.

Dave – I’m off to the garage tomorrow with the car …but I’m off to sell it! Swithered long and hard over this, but we’ve finally agreed that I can start driving one of my OH’s re-builds…as long as I try not to go out TOO often in the rain! Which shouldn’t be too hard because I do try and walk or cycle as much as possible unless there’s a large amount of shopping involved, or the boy is with me and it’s too far/too wet for him. I have a particular fondness for a ’66 beetle that we found in a barn (literally!) and he’s put his own stamp on as he’s re-built it. I’ll have to re-learn to drive like I used to drive in the olden days (pre-power steering, pre-assisted brakes etc and it’s lower down than I’m used to) but I love the car so much I just need to remember to really drive it rather than imagine it can do most things without me! We went oversees in it last year, so I know it’s reliable…I just need to put the work in. We’ve not had time for me to go out in it this week and it’s been a long time since I drove it (briefly) so I’m nervous and excited all at once…but how hard can it be (gulp! famous last words…)

So tomorrow, I hit the road in Stripey…and we learn just how deep my husband’s reserves of patience really are!

Mx

(Unless I change my mind over night…my prerogative!)

Yes I will have a look at the dirty diet, good loss for you this week, just got a phone call my car is ready so I will go and pick it up. I joined the Facebook page for the dirty diet.

Got the car back, done a very good job of it. Feeling a bit peckish, walking round the City center didn’t help with all the food smells.Time for a glass of water I think.

Afternoon All..
    A long journey 4 hours plus but here and set up..quite warm but cloudy…daughter working she will see us tomorrow..WiFi and phone good signal…

Dave..good luck on the car I hope they do a good job…

Hemmy..
    Hope you had a good walk…Steve only up a few ounces but gone into the next pound…we had a joint of ham Thursday, I don’t usually do that on the FD before weigh in as I think you get water retention…Steve fancied it…

Tatu..
    Well done on the pound off..that is what to expect over a week…a question if I may..your blue plasters you use when cooking…do they stick really better than usual ones, being in and out of water….I have two really bad cuts into my nails, it’s driving me crazy as I need plasters on for at least a month…😬

Caz..
    Have a great time with your daughter…we are about 30 mins away from Sheffield when at home..

Kay..
    Wow..4 lbs off that’s great movement…you must of worked really hard this week…what have you done different…secrets please…

T-4…does that mean you are 4 lbs away from target?? thick me..lol

Minols…
    How exciting about the car…they are so lovely….OH very good to let you out in it…😀..glad you feel better…

Have a good weekend everyone..

Jean x

Afternoon all!
    Kay- well done you! Hope you’re not too achy for doing the job tomorrow. Interesting to see how the dirty diet goes!
    Tatu- well done to you as well!
    Dave- glad you’ve got the car back, & that it’s a good job, & well done surviving the food temptations…
    Jean- glad you’re safely there & all set up! Give Lynne & Pseudo a wave!
    Minols- sounds fun with the revamped car! Driving was more interesting without p/s, abs brakes & automatic chokes…
    Hemmy- hope you have a nice time with Mum!
    & Caz- same with your daughter!
    Lynne- I’m sure it’ll be nice to have a ‘break’ for the weekend, & enjoy not having to cook tonight!
    Nephew’s house is very nice, it was good to be able to help with some unloading & mum loves helping move too, so she was in her element! Sadly I can’t imagine it’ll last long with the girlfriend, he can be pretty horrible sometimes… my sister has said if it all goes pear-shaped, the girlfriend can come back & live with them, she’s not having my nephew back!! Enjoying the peace & quiet here until later, both boys working late then out…

Happy Friday evening

Some lovely posts and thank you Weety for the info re anti inflammatory foods. I had chicken on wed night, not very elaborate, it was Nando’s which I’ve never been too. I thought I was making good choices with chicken and sweet potato wedges. Within an hour my skin has flared up red and sore which lasted 24 hours. I’m wondering if it was the chilli in the flavouring – could it really be that quick an adverse reaction! When I’m eatijg all sorts of food all the time l guess you don’t notice the triggers and get a build up in your body. Then when you cut them out and notice a reaction if you eat anything off the list. I are cleanly yesterday and when I got up this morning it’s definitely calmer.

How lovely to have a beetle. Such character, and a fun car to drive.

Well done on the 4 lbs Kay, that’s a great result and so inspiring. That’s 2 of you on T-4. I’m on T-2, unfortunately that’s 2 stone!

Sounds like your sister has good relationship with the girlfriend if not your nephew HH. That’s lovely that they get on well.

Hope you’ve had a good time with your daughter Caz. Mine both live in the Midlands and I am up North and miss them terribly. I had a FaceTime call from the youngest today on her travels, made my day, she’s having a wonderful time. Degree results out 19th, she needs a 2:1 for her grad job.

Did you have a fun rummage around the shops Hem? And well done on the no alcohol bit.

My birthday tomorrow and such a delight today with suspicious packages and flowers delivered. Feeling very loved. Heading to Betty’s tomorrow for Brunch for those that know Yorkshire but no other real plans for the day.

Going to head back downstairs to see if the furry one has decided to ‘open’ any parcels. He was barking at balloons and it’s gone suspiciously quiet
    CW

Jean – blue plasters are crap, they are blue so they don’t get mixed up in food if they fall off. Elastoplast are the best and to keep the hand dry wear latex gloves whilst cooking or whatever and obviously marigolds when washing. Cutting through the nail is horrid for sure! Hope it heals soon xx

Morning all!
    Anyone fasting today? If so, good luck!
    I’m starting one meal a day (OMAD)for a bit to shake things up, but it’ll be a big meal! I found some icecream yesterday, which has low sugar, had that for a treat last night, nice for a change, but I was okay with just a little tub, it didn’t make me want more, so that was good. Off to a car boot if it stays dry- I did warn hubby if we go I’ll be looking at more plants…
    Have a good day everyone!

Morning,

I’m back up half a pound and feel a bit glum about that, fasting on a weekend is tricky but I’ll try to in sundday and Monday I’ll like be able to keep it low!

Still 3.5lbs to go before June 22nd! Shall have to go my game.

Jean – good luck finding some lovely plants. Sounds like a fab day!

I am off to a conference in women’s health, hormones and epigentics. Exciting times!

Havea fab day all

X

Morning All…
    A lovely morning I have brought my sun with me…Lynne and Pseu..just for you both..🌞

Steve off to help daughter with motorbike and I shall NW around the Country Park…I think we are going for a meal out tonight but not confirmed yet..

Cakey Wakey..
    Happy Birthday …have a lovely day…which Betty’s??…sounds rather lovely get poshed up to go..do they sing to you…lol…a lovely surprise from your daughter..hope she’s having a whale of a time..

Hedgehog..
    Have a good walk around the boot sale..see if you can find more plants…OMAD…very strict you very focussed 🤞

Tatu..
    Thanks for that..stick..lol..with my extra tough Elastoplast..both middle fingers matching pair, growing out and catching..one with a knife and one with my wardrobe dismantling..so annoying…I am using the gloves I seem to still get them wet….

Have a lovely conference sounds interesting…weight will come off no worries..water retention??

Seeing big big Buddy this morning…15 weeks and 45lbs…ouch…a big boy…

Have a good weekend…

Jean x

Good morning to everyone from sunny Scotland. When I first moved here from England, my family laughed at me moving to a rainy area. Well, my darling family it’s pay back time because I’ve had more sun in the last month than all my family in England. LOL.. I’ll be travelling down to Sheffield on Monday for a week and hopefully the sun will be shining there as well by the time I get there.

On another happy note, I’ve weighed myself this morning and have lost 3lbs this week. I feel very good about that! A huge well done for all of you other “losers” out there.

It’s going to be a short post this morning (you’ll be glad to know) as lots to do but just wanted to wish all of you a happy weekend whatever you may be doing and also to say a huge thank you to you all for the great support you all give. It has certainly helped me to stick to this new eating regime.

Caz..
    Really well done on 3 lbs off..hoping your daughter notices it..you are doing very well..

Bring that sun down.. lol

Have a good weekend and get the packing done..

Jean x

Good morning,weather ok nothing special at the moment.I have lost just over a pound so moving in the right direction,nothing planned for today so will see what happens.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,601 through 17,650 (of 35,468 total)

You must be logged in to reply.