Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,977 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 11 hours, 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,501 through 17,550 (of 35,464 total)

• Evening everyone

Flying visit, will have a proper catch up tomorrow.

First kitten gone to a new home tonight, second leaves tomorrow. The house will feel empty.

Good liquid FD so far today, weigh in tomorrow so wish me luck.

Night

Lynne x

Hi everyone. xx

We have had a really lovely day… some time reading in the garden until late afternoon .. then the rain came down in buckets again.

Tonight did Chicken stilton .. Kristy’s favourite just easy .. chicken breasts stuffed with very ripe stilton … on a bed of peppers .. mushrooms .. onion.. covered in red wine… gorgeous cooked slowly for a couple of hours … you can never cook to long which is the beauty of it. Smells absolutely amazing .. and just easy served with mash potatoes for sopping up the wonderful juices and a green veg like beans or broccoli.

Looking forward to shopping tomorrow. .. not the scales… lol. but all good fun.. and much needed.

What a nuisance Brads with the car .. things are never what they seem at first and always cost money don’t they. xx

Sym… That sounded a lovely lunch .. your daughter is working very hard by the sound of it… hopefully doesn’t over do it.

Hope the thunder stayed away… it is very humid. Xx

Mino.. having your own container in supermarkets /shops is such a good idea … I remember when small taking our dish to the local shop to be filled with ice cream for our tea. It makes sense. . Plus lots of stuff in plastic now would have been in brown paper bags then to be used again and again. We are ruining this beautiful planet we live in. xx

Kay… You can really do this .. you have been very successful … sometimes life throws up some circumstances which make it harder to do… But things get back on track and so do we. Willing you well.

I am just reading a glorious book called… ” The Universe has your Back” Gabrielle Bernstein. well worth a read. xx

Hedgehogs…I have been telling Kristy about the diet you do… she is really interested as going to a wedding next month and wants to lose weight. Found a good starting link for her… so watch this space. Lol.

Those puds sound wonderful … hope you all have a lovely day for your Dads Birthday on Sunday. xx

Brit Lovelies…

Sleep tight and don’t let the bed bugs bite. Xx

Ps… Just read your post Lynne… Always a shame to lose the kittens/puppies .. nice knowing they are going to good home though.

Hopefully a nice relaxing week-end for you after working . xx

Morning all!
    Happy Birthday Pseudo!!
    Good luck on the scales, those who are weighing in!
    Have another nice day with your daughter Hemmy…

Morning All..
    A very humid night…no storms, it’s just started raining…

Off to Manchester today to see SD 😬..left on that awful row last time, to say it will be frosty is an under statement…not looking forward to it at all….seeing SIL that will be nice and a catch up with our best man, and a another meal out 😬…definitely thoughtful…

These meals out make us feel ill now..lovely meal last night…but disturbs our sleep just can’t do it…must be our small tummies now 😂

Lynne..
    Are you upset to see the kitty’s go…or do you feel you are just over seeing the moment in time….their mum may want to see the back of them if they don’t leave her alone….think I would be upset…what date do you go away with the girls?..sorry were where you going?

Kay..
    I really do think keeping on here helps, turn your back for a few weeks and the weight soon increases…we have been there so we know…think I will be on here for life 😂

You have been busy with life and the house move…you have lost weight before you can do it again…

Missed you when you was not about….keep away from walks to pubs and cider so lovely and tempting….we are stronger together…

Hedgehog…
    Have a lovely Dads Birthday hope the weather stays good for bbq… I think the bad weather, it’s on it’s out..puddings sound rather nice….

Hemmy..
    Enjoy your day out to Stratford today with Kirsty , hope you find some nice things…your meal sounded very wonderful last night…we still like to feed our daughters, mine really savoured her pulled pork sandwich eating slowly, laughing inwardly to myself…she never really gets things done for herself, having two sons…taking my granola and chai jam with her..oh and a curry for grandson…a happy girl..

Pseu…
    Have a lovely Happy Birthday…hope you got booked on your river trip….

Dave, Caz, Tatu, Cakey Wakey, Minols…have a lovely weekend…

Fasting Sunday this week pushing three in…things happening soon..

Jean x

Good morning.

Happy Birthday Pseudonym! Hope your day is full of fun and laughter and maybe some yummy cake 🙂

Thanks to all of you that have offered encouragement to me regarding weight loss. I did think about the crash diet but I also wondered what happens when it stops. I can just see me putting all weight back on. I need to learn to be patient, not a strong point of mine.

hedgehogs – I’m going to give your suggestion a go and try the alternate days fasting for a couple of weeks and see how I feel.

The rain never happened yesterday. I was actually wishing for it. It was really humid and a good storm would have cleared the air.

symba7 & minols – I’m with you on the plastic issue. I try not to buy the prepacked fruit & veg in supermarkets as all that packing really annoys me. I go for the loose and don’t ever put it in the plastic bags that the supermarket provides.
    I’m actually off out today trying to find a local farmers market. I’ve got into the habit of getting everything from the local supermarket and want to change that.
    symba.. My Mum does actually take all the fruit & veg out of the packaging in the supermarket much to the annoyance of the shop staff but Mum just tells them to stop using all the packaging. If we all did that, the supermarkets would soon reconsider what they’re doing. I must admit that I’m not as brave as my Mum but she has a great attitude of not caring what people think 🙂

Time to get showered and dressed to face another day. Lazy start this morning!

Have a great day everyone and enjoy whatever it is you’re doing.

Caz..
    We are fasting Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday this week..as we have not a lot to loose I feel we have to cut further back…if we can in a week or just do Monday and Thursday as usual…

Regarding plastic….I think it’s a age thing with us oldies, I am with your mum go with your gut feeling…well done to her..

Have a lovely weekend..

Jean x

Good morning …Hedgehogs … Sym … Caz and all. Xx

Another very warm clammy day .. hoping none of those flash storms today.

Happy Birthday Pseu Xx… enjoy your special day. Xx

Feel a bit lost without the walking … will notice a big difference on Monday morning. I could go too but it sort of defeats the object of giving me a break… Lol Plus she like s to have Mr Pips to herself.
    Well have a good day everyone… I havnt weighed today as frightened me yesterday putting on that 2lbs… soon come off though next week… Will do 2 fasts. Tues… Thursday.

Brit Lovelies..

.Don’t Change So People Will Like You – Be Yourself and the Right People Will Love the Real You”

Afternoon everyone,

Hemmy, I think you’ve gained the weight I’ve lost. A couple of pound down this morning, but still a pound up from Easter’s lowest weight. Giving up sugar was the trick, I’ll have to be more strict. Have a great time with Kristy.

Jean, going to miss the kittens, they’re so much fun now, but at least I can start to think about the glossing. We go on hols to Zante on 30th July, 8 weeks on Monday and hoping to drop half a stone, so I’ll have to be good.

Pseudo, happy birthday. Enjoy the Gower walking festival.

Dave, have the scales been kind this morning.

Kay, it’s just a bump in the road. A spell of good weather will see you out in the garden and enjoying your wonderful countryside, basically away from the temptations of the fridge. I’m doing another T- figure to get back to my Easter weight. You going to join me?

Minols, can’t remember if today is your ‘day off’. Hope you get to enjoy time with the family.

Caz, sustainability is the key. Nothing wrong with a crash diet for a very short period, but need a plan for what happens next.

Tatu, hope you manage to join in the yoga and indulge too much in your wonderful food.

CW, hope this week hasn’t been too busy. When is your daughter going away?

Typh00, how you doing?

Expecting a stressful week next week. Bec has got 6 GCSE’s. One left after that. I’m upping my hours in work as well, looking at 7 hrs a day plus lunch break, but still trying to keep my Wednesday off. Only problem is my team are volunteering on Wednesday to do some painting at a primary school and whilst I want to join in, I really value my free time. Everyone else is having the day off work, so I could juggle my days, but I’m getting into a routine and don’t really want to change it. May just be a party pooper.

Killing time now before I pick Bec from revision then take the second kitten to my SIL. Think I’d better have another cuddle first.

Lynne x

Very humid last night and still is now,my son went out for a meal In Ashton-under-Lyne which is just a few miles from where i live and he said the rain was bouncing down there,no rain at all here.I have worked out since January 1st 2017 i have lost 39 pounds.This week i have lost 2.5lbs so the liquid diet worked ok,will try to do it again on Monday,not sure about Thursday though.Happy birthday Pseu have a great day.

Evening All….
    Our day didn’t go so bad..a bit frosty start but talking stilted..a hug to finish…I think she is quite ill, but not telling us, I have to make allowances…just…even just for Steve..

Eating not gone overboard but not healthy food…glad for the fast tomorrow…

Dave…
    Well done on 39 lbs that’s great going…I bet you are glad you started when you did without waiting for all the birthdays to be over….

Hemmy..
    Love your quote especially for me..thanks…hard at times….I took it that way anyway…

Hope your day went well…and party dresses bought…

Lynne..
    Starting to think on decorating…2 bedrooms, bathroom and office…starting to sort my clothes and be ruthless …I find it so hard…going to buy new wardrobes so it has to be done…over the summer..between holidays…

2 months before your holidays something to look forward too…I would knock on Wednesday you have done enough decorating…good luck with Bec next week…hope you had a good cuddle lol..

Jean x

Relaxing this evening, after working today!! That was a shock to the system. Im only doing some housekeeping at local holiday lets, but it pays well and its quite satisfying. Just glad they didnt come to see me at home and look at my own place…lol

Anyway it meant I didnt eat until teatime and we had a healthy tea, so just the Cava..lol

I think its going to be less humid tonight, hopefully. I could do with a good nights sleep! Poor Ellie was struggling too, panting and I had to get her cooling pet towel in the middle of the night. Then Neil was up at 4 for work and Ellie for a wee at 7…..yawn zzzzz

Pseu, happy birthday! Hope you are enjoying your day x

Dave, no rain or storm here either. Well done on the pounds since starting! I remember you joining us and was going to delay starting until birthdays were over but then went on to lose straight away! And now your on fluid fasts!

Hemmy, bet its been nice having Kristy home, and on her own 😉 Nice for Mr Pips too. Ooooo, I remember my mum having a carton to get some ice cream in!

Lynne, yes lets do a T- mission! It must be hard seeing the kittens leaving. Its funny to see you still talking about the glossing! Cant be the best heat to be painting in. Hard time for Becs, soon be over for her. I think youre right to pass on Wednesday and stick to routine and your own time.

Caz, Im trying to imagine your mum in the supermarket…lol…fair does though!
    I wouldnt look at the crash diet tbh. If anything look at MM beach diet which is 800 cals a day but its 12 weeks so very strict.

Hedgehogs, have a fab day tomorrow. Im sure the puddings will go down well.

Jean, Im glad the meet was better than it could have been. Must be really hard.

Everyone else, hope you are ok.

This post has taken me ages as Ive catching up with tv too….lol

Catch you all tomorrow.

BTW, Ive joined two 5:2 FB groups,no idea what they are like.

Kay x

Busy day on here!
    Jean- glad the meeting didn’t go as bad as you thought, it’s hard if you think she’s ill. Poor Steve too… Glad you were able to tie in nicer visits at the same time! I know what you mean about the meals & needing a FD- I was thinking I’d like a FD this weekend, but can’t now tomorrow, I feel stuffed.
    Lynne- sad to see the kittens go, but nice if one is going to family, you’ll still get cuddles! Going back to nearly full time is going to be hard work, you need your time off still & you need to be around for Becs at the moment- pass on good luck to her!
    Hemmy- hope you’ve enjoyed the day & I’m sure Mr Pips has!
    Dave- well done you! That’s a really good steady loss. I think shaking things up a bit helps, either with the odd liquid only day, or extra FDs… If you get into a stall at all.
    Caz- I did the blood sugar diet, 800 cals; it was pretty hard & I don’t think I lost enough for the hard work! I’m very impatient too, that’s why I did ADF.
    Kay- pooe Ellie, I hope she’s all right today. Hope you get some more sleep tonight too! If I don’t sleep well I crave carbs & feel so hungry!
    No storms here, humid with one downpour. Cooking took longer than expected, not quite sure what’s happened with the meringues, they’ve gone really powdery, I think the thermostat on my oven’s a bit iffy… Cheesecake looks yum though, & have done a keto one for me!

Going to be a late one today,still at least an hour to go,maybe more,so i wont be around until this afternoon.

Morning all!
    Kay- I forgot to say hope the job goes well! Is your back improved enough for that?
    Misty today, think it’s better later… Off out to a different Church this morning- the man who did out front garden is speaking, he’s got a really interesting story as he became a Christian when he was in prison & now does prison ministry himself.
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Morning All…
    A brighter day….

We are fasting today one of three this week….no walking at the moment as Steve’s back/hip is still iffy…I think I will have to go out myself…..

Going through my clothes today for the charity shop, I have one bag of unworn shoes, my toes won’t let me wear them…I just hate throwing things away…I have about 5 pairs of trousers which I keep keeping because they were expensive but two sizes too big now..they have to go…😂..I just find it too hard ..I think us oldies were brought up different after the war years of nothing…make do and mend…Steve is the same in his garage you don’t know when you might need it mode….

Kay..
    Lovely you have found a job to keep you busy, sounds more the weekends and changeovers but different..T-mission..target?…..you have had me looking on FB, I have joined one see how it goes, you can cancel it out if it doesn’t suit…

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your Dads birthday and bbq, hoping the weather holds for you…it seems more settled today…..enjoy your speaker at the different church…hope it’s interesting..

Pseu..
    Did your birthday celebrations go well…did you get on your river cruise?

Have a good Sunday…

Jean x

Sorted my clothes…I have already done a lot and I have forgotten…I have one very full bag for charity shop and one for the dustbin…..I have three baggy trousers which are a smaller size with draw string waists..I have kept them as baggy is coming in again…not for me yet..they may go…but ok for around the house…

Trying to keep busy as lunch time is approaching…we are ok yet…

Jean

Well I made it before midday, went to bed at 4-10am🤩, possible four more game’s to go in the Stanley cup then it’s over for another year and I can get some sleep. Roast Chicken tonight then a liquid fast tomorrow 🤐🤐🤐 fingers crossed.I hope everyone has a great day.

Good afternoon all. Thanks for all the great advise for my impatient dieting 😉 I’m going to give fasting 3 times a week a go. I’ve set my FDs at Mon, Wed and Fri. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Jean – I obviously don’t know your family history but you sound as if you’re having a stressful time with SD (step daughter I’m guessing?) It’s never easy if there’s tension in a family but stay strong for yourself. Well done for sorting out clothes for a charity shop. I hate throwing anything out and am a great believer in recycling wherever possible. I can’t wait for the day when I can actually get rid of clothes that are too big for me. I have a wardrobe full of clothes that are too small that I live in hope of getting back into one day!

hedgehogs – I might be being a bit slow here, but what’s ADF? I hope you had an enjoyable time at your new church.

Kay65 – Mum is 79 yrs old and doesn’t suffer fools gladly. She is very outspoken. I can remember feeling very embarrassed as a teenager when she spoke her mind. Now, I admire her for it 🙂

PashaW – Your week ahead sounds very busy. Don’t forget to take a few minutes for yourself in between everything else!

Brads27 – Enjoy your roast chicken tonight. I’ve just put a beef joint in the oven. Looking forward to it as 3 days fasting coming up. Not all 3 in one go though!

The rain finally hit us here. Bit of a downpour last night. The garden smells lovely and fresh now. Not so humid today.

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable relaxing day.

I think it’s rained all around me but not here where I live,I can smell the chicken cooking which is making me hungry 👅 cricket won so time to take Heidi out for her walk.

Dave enjoy the chicken…fasting for us so I will take the smell…

Caz..thanks for your concern yes step daughter…she is very trying for both of us at 46 you would think it would get easier but no…

We are doing the three fasts this week as holidays are approaching soon..different days to you, today, Tuesday and Thursday..

Good luck to your AFD, (alternate fast days) it’s seems to work for us…enjoy your beef yummy…

Jean x

I think I have been off naproxen for about a month now, and the pain in my knee has gone but my legs really ache now, don’t know if I should go back on then or not.

Evening all

A quick one from me tonight.

Jean, glad the catch up with SD wasn’t too bad, bridges being built maybe?

Kay, the glossing got put on hold when the weather improved and I spent time sorting out the decking and then the kittens got too big to keep out of mischief. Hopefully next week or so will get it done.

Hedgehogs, hope you’ve had a great time at the BBQ and your dad had a wonderful birthday.

Minols, busy day, hope it’s been a good one.

Dave, please be careful with naproxen. My husband died of an un-diagnosed stomach ulcer caused by naproxen and steroids. If you do take them make sure you get some Omeprazole prescribed. I’m on a liquid fast tomorrow with you. You may find as the weight goes so does the pain, my knees were really bad, but I rarely get any problems now after losing nearly 5 stone.

Caz, the picture of your mum stripping fruit of wrappings in the middle of the supermarket made me smile. Good for her, so many of us mumble and mutter but don’t do anything to get our point across.

Hemmy, hope you and Mr Pips have enjoyed Kristy’s company for the weekend. Did she go home today?

I’ve decided I’m taking my day off as usual on Wednesday, my time is going to stay my time. I’ve pushed to up my hours every week, being paid for full time hours and feel a bit like I’m taking the Mick, so I know my boss won’t mind.

Busy week next week with exams for Bec and Hannah on a paeds placment. Hope the weather stays good, everything seems so much easier when the sun is shining.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.

Night, speak tomorrow

Lynne x

5 stone,Wow, three more pounds and I will have lost 3 stone. Can go to bed early tonight, no hockey.

Morning all!
    Dave- your nearly 3 stone is great! Sadly the soap under the mattress doesn’t seem to have cured the cramp… I think I need to up my salt even more…
    Jean- hope your FD went well, sounds like you had a good clear out. Yes, the baggy trousers are in, they don’t suit me though! I’m cross as I gave away a couple of pairs of small trousers which I could get into again & are fashionable now, a bit like the ones I bought last Friday!
    Lynne- hope the exams go well for Becs & the placement well for Hannah- paeds will be an interesting one. (My niece who’s a psychiatric nurse has got a new job working in the community, so much safer, we’re all pleased for her!) Good for you deciding to keep your Wednesday! Hope you’re not missing the kittens too much. % stone is amazing & great the you’re off the medication!
    Pseudo- hope you enjoyed any walks at the weekend, is the Gower walking week all this week, are you working or off?
    Hemmy- is it back to normal, have daughter & OH gone home now? Fasting today?
    Cakey- hope you had a good weekend with daughter too!
    Kay- hope the other groups are helpful too…
    Caz- good luck with the ADF- remind yourself it’s only one day, you can eat the next day…
    Tatu- hope the yoga was good?
    Phew- is that everyone? Sorry if I’ve missed anyone?
    BBQ was lovely last night, although my youngest was a bit of a pain, needs a talking to today! Ate too much, although of healthy salad stuff! The desserts went down well- the keto cheesecake & caramel sauce I made for myself was really good! Got really cold though, sitting outside until quite late…
    Dad struggled to walk home- it’s less than 100m back, but he had to stop & rest, they both seem to have aged really suddenly which is sad to see.
    FD for me today, definitely feel I need it! Anyone else?

Morning All..

Dull here today…
    A good fast day yesterday…I think I could do to come down in calories or liquid fast on a FD…Steve is happy on what he eats…so not pushing him……..on liquid only days…what do you have?? Half and half milk coffee or is it No….soup or No….any suggestions please…

Out and about looking at fitted bedroom furniture ideas and prices only…

Lynne…
    Building bridges..umm.needs a lot of scaffolding 😂…we managed..just..

Well done on the 5 stone off that’s a really lot to loose…maintaining it that’s not easy too…

I think you have done right taking Wednesday off…you are nearly back to full time work you have done really well…I think when you are out from work a while, it can knock your confidence..thinking back to when I had the family..a big wrench to get back into circulation again..

Hope both girls are OK this week…

Dave ..
    You are doing really well…three stone..very good going…

Hedgehog..
    Glad the bbq went well….I suppose we are like your mum and dad, my girls must look at me and think the same..how old are yours?

Youngest is at that age…a pain sometimes we have one just the same…maybe worse..lol

Hemmy..
    Hope your weekend went well always nice to catch up with family…have a lovely walk with Mr Pips…

Have a good day fasters…we are tomorrow this week…

Jean x

Morning everyone, just a quick flying visit.

Thank you all so much for all the birthday wishes! 🙂 I had a lovely relaxing day on the river boat and wandering around the marina. First Gower walk was yesterday – VERY hot, but gorgeous scenery, pretty much everywhere you look there’s something beautiful to see. Another walk this afternoon, a fairly short one, and then the last two I’m attending are on the weekend.

Sounds like lots of you had a nice weekend. Good luck to everyone fasting today! 😀

Pseu…
    You sound as if you had a great birthday and river trip…enjoy your walk today…as you say so much to see around us taking time to take it in….instead of being too busy to see it…🌱🍃🌷🦋🐛🕸🐝🐴🐤🐔🐜

Jean x

Good morning everyone. I’m fasting today. The first of 3 for this week. I’m starving!! It’s my own fault. I over indulged on a beef roast yesterday and I know if I overeat one day, I get hungry sooner than usual the following day. I’m determined to stick it out though. About to have a milky coffee to hopefully stave off the hunger and then I’m going to get busy with some paperwork that’s been sitting about for weeks.

Brads27 – A huge well done on the 3 stone. It helps me to read about the success of others.

PashaW – Just read your post about your husband. I’m so sorry to hear that! Now I’m really concerned about the Naproxen as I’ve been on them for some time due to pain in my hips and legs. I’ll be speaking to my GP about it. 5 stone is a huge achievement. Well done to you! I do wonder if once I manage to lose at least a stone if the pain in my hips and legs will improve. I’m sure being overweight doesn’t help.

Pseudonym – Good to hear that you had a great birthday. It sounds idyllic.

hedgehogs – Oh how I remember the “talks” with my 2 when they were younger. Thankfully they have both matured into beautiful adults that I can now enjoy chatting to :-)It’s definitely worth all the hard work we put into raising them.

hedgehogs – I understand the difficulty in watching our parents aging. I sometimes forget that Mum isn’t quite as young as she used to be. She also struggles more now but she’s determined that it won’t stop her getting out and about. I pray she can keep active for a long time as I know she would go stir crazy if she was house bound.

symba7 – Enjoy your window shopping for furniture.

Off now to tackle this pile of paperwork. Wishing all fasters a good day and non fasters just think of us poor starving creatures here! 😉

Sorry the soap didn’t work, I started with soap unwrapped and put it under the bottom sheet, then after a year or so I moved it under the mattress and that was ten years ago, never had cramps since. Liquid fast today, all I have is about six cups of tea,a cup of coffee and glasses of water.I use that BOB milk which tastes like semi skimmed milk, that’s it nothing else.

Another scorching hot day here, love it! Managing to keep Ellie mainly indoors with ice cubes in her water, she seems fine if only for the huge tumour on her leg that seems to be growing. Still preserving with the hemp oils and balm but nothing is working.

I’m going to attempt a FD today. So far just had water and black coffee.

So Dave and Caz I’m joining you.

Pseu, glad you are having a nice time. Sounds fab.

Hope everyone is ok x

Just got to stay out of the kitchen!

Brushing you teeth helps too.Just found an old program for Saxmundham fayre,2001 I think.

Hi all,

Has been dull and cloudy here so whoever borrowed the sun can you please return it as soon as possible.

It’s a fast day as usual and my stomach is rumbling like thunder so am drinking plenty of water trying to ignore the food ads that seem to be on more often when I’m fasting.

To everyone joining me on this FD enjoy it and remember you can eat normally tomorrow.

Hi everyone. Xx
    Well had a lovely few days with Kristy… Hopefully now things with Mum have settled down we can do it again every month. Arriving Thurs eve made it a nice length of time.

Shakespeare’s Birth town was lovely Sat .. glorious wandering in the sunshine along with tourists all going at an easy pace … It always has a special feel there for me.

Lunch at Hobsons our normal haunt … wonderfully fresh food. Then we hit the charity shops. Kristy got some wonderful stuff from The Shakespeare Trust… 3 long dresses … all ideal for events while working.

Then we came home with anew toilet seat ( Just to bring us down to earth ) Lolol and we were elated we fixed it ourselves. Lolol.

Anyway … 3lbs up this morning … so FD tomoz for me anyone else..

Lynne… good you are taking Wed off … all still new for you plus your girls having a lot on too this week… Hope it all goes smoothly for you all. Xx

Caz .. just love your Mums attitude … more of us should stand and stick out for what we think is right. Peeps are frightened to speak out these days. Xx

Brads.. I do the soap in the bed… but put it on top of the sheet… it doesn’t have to get dry though. Xx

Pseu Your Birthday sounded lovely scenery wonderful … enjoy your day today. Xx

Kay .. Oh bless you it must be emotional for you with your darling Ellie .. you are such a wonderful Mum to her and she in return must love you very much.

Good luck with todays FD.. Kristy starting Keto today needs to lose some instant lbs for a wedding next month. Lol Xx

Hedgehogs..Glad all went well at your Dads Birthday. .. It is sad to see our parents age.. Mum is 92 this year … doing well though.. now having the pacemaker.

If only more parents would have a “talk ” with their kids .. it would be a lot better for everyone. On our local chat if anyone dares mention children are misbehaving at local playing fields all the parents go mad. Lolol Xx

Sym… sorry its hard going with your SD .. sometimes with peeps especially family.. you cant do or say right from wrong. Just follow what’s in your heart its all you can do. Xx

Ty.. we need the sun too. Lol Good luck with your FD.. Fresh lemon is good in water too. Xx

Mino.. hop all is well with you and yours. Xx

Brit lovelies…

To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness Xx

Hi all

Hope you’ve had a good day… Especially if you’re fasting.

Bust day yesterday but managed to fast. In fact busy weekend. We did a tonne of cleaning/gardenung on Saturday… Sometimes I just have to give in and waste day off being domestic.

But joy of joys, I’ve taken most of today off as an extra day off as the boy is on holiday. Dragged him to a castle which was way too busy and then we ambled through a park – and back again,and again, and again looking for imaginary creatures (mainly pokemon types). I like to thi k that when he finally puts me in a home I’ll still be smiling up (cos he’ll be tall by then) at him and remembering the day we spotted Chimchars and Charzards (sp?) in the bushes, his hand in mine and me looking down at him! Then I’m going to ‘pretend’ to be dotty and spot trolls and dragons and all sorts of things all over the home and have the staff phone him every day to come and see the lesser spotted snorkel crump I’ve got hidden in my wardrobe…

HH – hope you enjoyed hearing your garden blokes experiences. You’ve reminded me that I owe a breakfast to a prison chaplain I know… A remarkable woman. We had a young women who was just home on leave from an orphanage she works at in SAfrica at our place the other week… Another remarkable woman.

My OH is away this week, so th boy and I will be eating simply, I think. Not that I feel up to much – loaded with the cold. A wonderfully warm May up here and I start June with my head and throat feeling like they belong to someone else.

Caz – tried to channel your mum and mine when I got on a tram today and asked for complaint line so I could inform them that their ticket machine one was using an unfair pricing structure. Wouldn’t take paper money and would only allow card payments of £3 plus… Our tickets only came to £2.50 so I had to buy an adult ticket for the boy. That would be fine… If he’d behaved all day like an adult (see para above!)

Feeling better for having put my feet while catch ING up with everyone, so j may go and make a batch of korma.

Mx

On my third cup of tea, nothing else, been busy cleaning out the larder our whatever you call it (space under stairs). Took some rubbish to the tip so hot room for more rubbish now 😁😀😆if you are fasting I hope it’s going well.

Afternoon All..
    Busy day but think we know what we want now in the bedroom…two people coming out for estimates..

Caz…
    Keep busy you can do it…hope the paper work is getting smaller..

Kay..
    Hope you are keeping strong…make the most of the weather very dull here and drizzle about…

Tyhpoo..
    Strange not fasting today for us, I thought nobody was including us then realised it’s not our day.lol…..hope the tummy stops rumbling…

Hemmy..
    Good you found some dresses I was wondering if you found any..Stratford is lovely especially when it’s lovely weather..we are fasting tomorrow with you..your mum does very well it’s a good age..

Minols..
    Hope you soon feel yourself soon…lovely having fun with the boy you had me giggling….loads of work done too being very domestic..lol

Dave…
    Very busy bee…I must try liquid only….

Jean x

Minols- sorry, I think I forgot you this morning!! Glad you’ve had fun, make the most of it, they grow up so quick… Haha, I can imagine you in a home trying to look under the bed for pokemon creatures. Just missed that craze by about a year!
    Caz- I seem to be not seeing all your posts, judging from what Jean’s replied to you?
    Jean- I guess if you’re looking for fitted bedroom stuff you’re not seriously thinking about moving next door?! My Mum’s 73 this year, so sorry, not too far in front of you! She’s really fit & can walk miles, just looks suddenly older over the last 6 months somehow, she looks just like my Nan did..
    I do have a splash of cream in coffee on FDs if I really need it, if not black, or water. Soup would be a good way to get your calories down & ease into liquid only on FDs. Good luck!
    Hemmy- your Mum sounds amazing! Don’t go near the scales!
    Dave- keep strong, well done on the clear out!
    Lynne, Typhoo, anyone else fasting, have a good day!
    Bought more compost, got through a sack & a half already planting out my runner beans & potting on some broccoli plants, more pruning, it’s going wold right now! Cold here though! Sat down afterwards with a coffee & a hot water bottle to get warmed up & fell asleep! I thought coffee was supposed to wake you up!! We sponsor a couple of boys in Guatemala so have had a look online to see how near they are to the volcano, thankfully nowhere near. I always worry, they have so many earthquakes, floods & landslides there, so I have to check… we moan about our weather, but we are so lucky here…
    Last coffee for me!

Just had a glass water, I took Heidi out for a walk and called at the lady in our street who has has got the rottweiler and took that out with Heidi, her dog is called Willow, got a few funny looks taking a German shepherd and a rottweiler out together 😁

Good for you Brads… lovely to hear… there are no bad dogs just bad owners. IMO.Xx

Hedgehog..
    Yes no house move decided I didn’t like their lay out and a lot of things to up date, walls down and bedrooms needed updating…. it made us realise how dated our bedroom was…lol..Mums 4 years ahead of us..quite frightening when you think how old you are getting…I feel about 55 really..lol..might try liquid only tomorrow or just have my berries in the evening…

Dave..
    You are so very kind…hope it was a good walk..

Hemmy..
    Ready for tomorrow we are together…

Jean x

Feeling very hungry now, but not giving in, looking forward to food tomorrow, the dog’s were so good together, will have to do it again. Denise just had a large salad, that gave me hunger pangs, looked lovely.

Sym… Lol can you remember when I first lost weight and used to have a bacon sandwich on FD … think tomorrow I will have my milky coffee for lunch at 1pm instead of at breakfast … then around 5pm have a bacon sarnie 2 rashes lean back and 2 wholemeal breads. maybe 2 apricots.

Oh yummy .. bring on tomorrow. .. probably come in around 600.
    If its good enough for the lovely Michael it will do for me. Lolol.

Have you decided on your food for the day… Xx

Well done Dave, stay strong, hope you’re not too late to bed!
    Hemmy & Jean, I’ll keep up the fast during the day tomorrow too, so will be with you; we’re going out for dinner in the evening, so I can keep hunger pangs at bay with the thought of that!

Pah, fast aborted but liquid fast planned tomorrow 😀

Hemmy…
    A few of us fasting tomorrow..usually do our menu in bed in a morning…see how I go..milky coffee to start…I have stopped counting calories these last three months want to make it a normal way of life..bacon butty sounds good…

Hedgehog..
    Glad to have you with us in the day…….even if you are going out for a lovely meal…

Kay..
    Shame on today…we will make it a good one tomorrow…

Dave..
    Keep strong…you can eat in the morning…

Jean x

Evening everyone

Been busy since I got home from work then Hannah called to bring a few more bits back. Shes’s moving back at the weekend, left for placement at 7.30 this morning and when she went to make food this evening there were no clean plates. That’s what happen when you live with 4 boys/men?

Hedgehogs, glad the BBQ went well. I think as parents we’re often more aware of our children not behaving as we would like than others would be. Still a quiet word makes sure they understand how you feel.

Jean, on a liquid day I just drink coffee, white or latte sometimes, and water. Soup would be a good way to ease into it, but I only do a liquid because once I start to eat I find it harder to stop. Abstinence is always easier for me than restriction.

Dave, you’re doing well, not long to go now.

Minols, you always make me smile, you’re such a fun mum, probably a bit batty, but fun.

Typh00, I’ve had your sun and I’d rather like to keep it, but I’m happy to share.

Pseudo, glad you enjoyed your birthday and have a couple of walks lined up. Someone in work was telling me about Vale Tales, an app with map and stories guiding you on walks around the Vale of Glamorgan. Looks good but may be a bit to far east for you.

Caz, the naproxen wasn’t my husband’s only problem, so don’t panic too much. He had a brain tumour and had become bed-bound and had little appetite, but the stomach ulcer came out of the blue, totally asymptomatic and could only be traced back to meds. Makes me wary now.

Kay, your love for Ellie is obvious in your post. Enjoy every minute with her. Good luck with the liquid fast tomorrow.

Hemmy, great that the charity shops have come up trumps for Kristy. Not sure I’d find anything that classy in the local ones here.

Fasting today and Thursday this week as the girls have decided Friday is take away night. Not had one in ages.

A few its of ironing hanging around which I want to get sorted before bed, all hung ready so shouldn’t take long.

Looking forward to food tomorrow, will try and hold out until my evening meal.

Night everyone,

Lynne x

Lynne- will be lovely to have Hannah back at home as well, I’m sure! I don’t think it’s just boys leaving the kitchen in a mess etc.- when my eldest sees his girlfriend at Uni he’s horrified at the kitchen & they’re in a mixed flat!
    (Last trip there this week, she’s coming home tomorrow, he’s bringing her back, thank goodness, I still worry when he drives there & back!) Takeaway night sounds a good idea!!
    Kay- better luck today!
    Jean & Hemmy- keep strong…
    Dave- how did it go last night?
    Cakey & Tatu- hope you’re both okay!
    3lbs jumped on me over the weekend, & thankfully over 2lbs left yesterday, I know you shouldn’t weigh so often, I’m bad!

Morning all.

Just had my favourite toast and honey… But loaf was an oat and bran one from the local bakers where they put it in a paper bag for me not plastic. Bread is yummy!

I have the boy with me at work today… I simply have to take some meetings and do some planning so he’s on gadgets or drawing today. More pokemon!

I’m still using mfp to keep a handle on things on nfd… Really hope it works again this month.

Mx

Good morning Hedgehogs Minois and all. xx

Hedgehogs… like you put on 3lbs at the week-end … lost 1 yesterday so hopefully the other 2 asp.

Still feel sluggish after W/E … really don’t feel comfortable .. slow. Lol

Fasting today… good luck everyone.

Brit lovelies… Give yourself the consideration and kindness you’d extend to the people you love. If you’re dissatisfied with your progress, remind yourself of all you’ve accomplished so far. Xx

Morning All..
    Dull day here in Yorkshire…Kay is holding on tight to the sun….

Our second FD and not liquid…had a small berry breakfast…I think it’s habit and Steve goes on at me if not eating…again tonight, I don’t like to rock the boat for him….we are ok…

Lynne…
    Lovely to have Hannah home again and all her bits and pieces…when Grandson was in his flat with 5 other men..may I say doctors!!..they left the shared kitchen filthy..the landlord had to speak to them as there was maggots in the fridge!!..he had his own cooking things, plates, mug, knife and fork in his room, the other apprentice did the same..he’s glad he’s on the road again, so hotel stopovers if he doesn’t make home…

The liquid day might be easier with the family while on holiday as we seem to eat at different times even if I just eat the evening meal..I know that as not a full day..lol

Hedgehog…
    Glad the 2 lbs off one to go…birthdays are special…

Kay..
    Hoping today works better…enjoy that lovely sun..

Minols..
    Enjoy your day with the boy at work…is the woof with you too?…your bread sounds like my sort of thing but if too nice I would eat the full loaf…granary I just can’t buy…😢

Hemmy…
    It’s just strange how we can’t cope with eating now…a few weeks ago we bought a hot sausage roll when out..Steve leading the front, I then decided to join him..must be two years since we have done that…we both felt quite ill for the rest of the day, heavy, heart burn….just can’t do it…..glad a pound has departed you..it will soon go..

A bit of shopping to do, a drop off bag to charity and a few things to go up in the loft…try keep busy…

A few of us fasting…us, Hemmy, Kay, Lynne, half a fast for Hedgehog…

Have a good day…

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 17,501 through 17,550 (of 35,464 total)

You must be logged in to reply.