Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,977 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 9 hours, 15 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,651 through 16,700 (of 35,464 total)

• Jean get OZERI scales they weigh stones or pounds ounces or kilos, the best I have ever seen,so accurate.Busy day so far,took Heidi out for a walk then shopping then the funny part,I said to Denise time for your walk and I went looking for a poo bag for her,got one one of Heidi’s then realised what I was doing. 😁😁😁😁😁

Hi All..
    Just got back from a very windy ride…new helmet was giving me grief the last 30 minutes, a bit like shoes needs to be tight to be safe but broken in..😬..first clue done..four metal statues of Guy Fawkes and his cronies, two came from this rural village in Yorkshire …

We forgot about a new fish and chip restaurant, which we have been to before, so better than on the sea front today..we could sit down, get the gear off, a toilet and a pot of tea, the meal was lovely…all full up now..

Hedgehog..
    Glad you got the car sorted..What colour is it? .already for winter..😂..hope your FD is ok..

Dave..
    Just looked at the scales they don’t do stones…we are old school..think I have found some similar in Argos so will pop later..same price…Did laugh at walkies and poo bag for Denise…lol

Jean x

Afternoon everyone

Hedgehogs, nice to have found a car, especially without the salesman on the test drive.

Jean, hope the chips at the seaside were good, and that you’re not too sore after being on the bike. My scales were Lidl specials, digital with body fat, water etc and link to MFP via an app.

Typh00, hope the FD is going well, soon be back in the swing.

Dave, Denise is doing really well, she’ll be running marathons in no time. The treats are nice, but it’s good to get back on plan.

Minols, your son sounds an absolute delight. Obviously a reflection on his mother.

Kay, sounds like you have a plan. Glad they sorted the meds for you and that your nerve/back problem seems to be getting sorted.

Not sure if today is going to be a FD or not yet, only coffee and water so far, but depends on how things pan out this evening.

Just made the umpteenth revision timetable for Bec, all she needs to do now is to follow it. It seems so much more of a struggle with her.

Need to get a few new tops for work, but casual wear usually, unless external visitors and meetings. Plenty of jeans already, just a bit between sizes at the moment so don’t want to go crazy, just looking for a few extra t-shirts so I can layer to accommodate the air-conditioning.

Gardner, sounds posh but just a local guy who cuts the grass, commented today that I looked like I was vanishing. Good to have weight loss noticed, though this week did work out I’d lost 1/3 of my original weight over the last 2.5 years, so I suppose it should be pretty obvious.

Back to nag Bec about revision. Will it ever get easier?

Lynne x

Your right Jean they don’t do stones,I just do it in pounds, dosent look as bad as stones 😁,my first target is to get under 300lbs,a few weeks away from that,, lost about 18.5 lbs since I started the 5-2 diet.

Dave- poo bags- lol!
    Jean- glad you had a nice day out, will you be sore tomorrow? Yummy fish & chips… The car is grey, looks very smart, we pick it up on Wednesday.
    Lynne- NO, it doesn’t get easier! Youngest has been nagged regularly to revise for his AS levels, he’s done an hour a day, that’s all, & had all the Easter weekend off. He is obsessed with cars at the moment, takes his test next week & can’t wait to get one! Doesn’t help that his cousin who is next door but one has just got one, he takes his test next week too!
    Cakes I think went down well at work for son’s birthday. I can’t believe where the last year has gone- he decided to go to a careers day with the firm he works for last year ( it was on his 18th birthday, they were lovely & gave him a card & chocolate when they realised!), he’s a natural salesman & they got in touch afterwards to ask him in for an interview!
    Had an lovely FD/ keto dinner- courgette with a sort of alfredo sauce, with spinach & kale, I was so full afterwards! Not often that happens on a FD! Hubby had the sauce with some tortelloni, so that worked out well for a change!
    Have also made some keto cinnamon buns to try tomorrow for breakfast- they don’t look as nice as the picture, but hopefully will taste good!

Evening All..

Just trying to sort the scales out…will try a weigh in on Monday morning after our FD…3 again next week..

Getting on the scales at this time of night after our fish and chips, apple pie and custard for a snack tea, called at the pub two halves for me, pint and half for Steve…with clothes on, 5 lbs for me and 6 lbs for Steve..a big ouch..😂

Hedgehog..
    Lovely colour excited for Wednesday…good luck on the car tests next week…

Lynne..
    It’s nice to have a buying spree to get you back in the office….lovely the gardener noticed your weight loss but it’s a great loss 1/3 of your body amazing…

Have a great weekend..

Jean x

Dave- well done losing over 18lbs so far, you must be chuffed!
    Lynne- that’s amazing, losing 1/3 of your weight! Not surprising that others have noticed!
    Jean- yes, best not to get on scales later in the day, especially if it’s your ‘day off’! Monday sounds a better idea. I often like to weigh in half way through the day on a FD, that seems to be quite a low point!
    Had a cinnamon roll this morning- I liked them, but you can taste the coconut from coconut flour… son not impressed, so I’ll have to see if I can freeze them. Off out later to do a Church thing, then will hopefully enjoy a peaceful afternoon as both boys working! (mum’s caravan is finally fixed, they’re off today, so she won’t need amusing!!)
    Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Hi all

Sounds like you’re all doing well and some great losses. I’m up again so I really need to find out how to do FD even with the boy off school. Feel a bit of a fraud being on here when failing so badly but I know it’s worse if I’m not here so I’m going to hang on in if that’s alright.

Sundays often suit so maybe tomorrow. I also need to get back to cooking from scratch – we take the easy route during g holidays far too much! And my final challenge is to not only be ‘a woman who does not eat biscuits’ – I think I need to become a ‘woman who does not eT sweets. Honestly it’ s ridiculous for a grown woman to be eating haribo!

I always like the sound of your bike treasure hunts, Jean. Oh is off to a bike show today on his 40 Yr old Honda something or other. The tank has been in the living room all week while he buff, polishes and adds a copper trim to it!

The boy and I will probably climb a hill and visit a castle! We have another dry day – hooray!

Mx

Morning All..

It’s a what to do Day??..we were going to visit Sister in law in Manchester she has just had a tiny lump taken off her nose..thank goodness pre cancer, as she was told cancer…to cheer her up but she is not up to visitors…after we saw picture we can totally understand..2” cross of stitches and skin graft across her nose poor love, possibly two black eyes this morning too…

Birthday card month looming..6 cards need to be bought..maybe a job for the day and get organised ( mine included..lol)..a walk round Selby and coffee stop..Steve a bit down about his daughter so try and cheer him up..

Minols..
    You must keep on here even if it’s bad food time..at least you are thinking and not totally letting go of 5.2….boys holiday time is always a hard time for you…think positive and make Sunday a start day..keeping busy always helps…we are fasting Sunday too…
    Enjoy your castle and walk up the hill..a few calories burnt too..

Kay..
    I am waving 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 Are you ready to start on Monday FD with the masses..let’s get you on the move and positive…you have done it before so you can do it again…the tapes waiting for you to smash it…

Hedgehog..
    The scales were too tempting..going from new scale to the old one….the old one gave me three different readings as Steve in the morning so definitely not right…this morning only 2lbs up each so not bad after a day off….a bit faffy to set up..
    Glad the caravan fixed for Mum I know how she feels if she cant get out in it…easier for you too….lol…my daughter would feel the same about me..( I think)…..Enjoy your church thing today..

Jean x

Morning everyone

Jean, walk, coffee and little bit of shopping sounds like a nice way to spend the day. Hope Steve cheers up, his daughter is only a few years younger than me but sounds really immature. Does she have any children?

Hedgehogs, enjoy your morning with your church activity. The new car sounds lovely, Hannah’s dream is a Suzuki Swift, but that’ll be a few years off. Any spare cash is going to save for a deposit for her first property. Before anyone says it, I know, she has an old head on young shoulders, still a teenager but certainly knows what she wants.

Minols, don’t even think of leaving. We all go up and down, but think of where we’d be if we didn’t keep trying. This week is a write off for me too and next week won’t be much better, but things will get back on track when schools are back.

Kay, Mass Fast Monday it is. Easter has been a time of over indulgence for a few of us, but a couple of decent FD will get us back on track.

Dave, the kids wondered what I was laughing at when I read your ‘poo bag’ post. Conjured up images I’m trying to forget including Police Officers and charges of indecent exposure.

Quiet morning so far, and a bit damp. Wanted to get another load to the tip from the garage/shed, but would prefer a dry day. May try to sort some junk out instead so when I do go I can be selective and make trips of the same materials to save me going from skip to skip.

Off to give Bec a shout. Revision timetable started at 12 and no sign of life yet.

Have a great weekend.

Lynne x

I have put weight on this week,but less than a pound so i am very happy with it,no more chocolate until i have reached my first target.Still beer free zone here so thats good,I dont like any spirits so its beer or nothing.Its wet here so bring your brolly Jean,its a great help coming on here so i will be here for a good few years.Derby day today,Denise is a red i am a blue,son and daughter are blues so interesting day,Denise used to go to watch United when Law,Best and Charlton played,I started going to watch City in 1963 and only recently stopped going,too expensive now.

Hi All..
    A couple of hours out, just a bit of top up shopping, grass seed bought to sort the lawn out after the birds have picked it up and left it bare…bought my chick peas never had them, not a veggie at all but going to try in a curry…😬..stopped at cafe for lunch…had a big talk about step daughter, laid everything on the table all ways but still don’t know what to do…still thinking..

Lynne..
    His daughter has been like this from 13 years, so difficult..her mother walked out on them….Steve brought his daughters up from 10 and 3 on his own for a fair few years and I think she has been totally spoilt…she has one daughter, breast fed till 3 years so no one could have her…she has kept her away from us, so upsetting for Steve…I think deep down she is frightened the granddaughter would love him more than her…..as all kids love him he is so good to them all..Daft!…deep down jealous of me too..too late now as nothing will change so you can’t get upset about it..

Hannah sounds as she knows where she wants to be, it’s lovely and has a goal in life..she will get it and her house and lovely car…you get so proud when they are like that, you hope they get more than we had…hope you get Bec up for revision timetable…our eldest grandson 18 years is saving up for a property, his money is in a building society which the government matches his savings I think till 21…not sure, but he can’t touch it..you may know about it…maybe a thought when she starts getting a regular wage..

Dave..
    Steve ..Man United here….match is tomorrow he thought…..weight will soon move now the eggs have finished…F1 on for him pm so he will be settling down to watch that..other than that a lazy day for us..

Jean x

Definitely today the football,if City win they will be crowned league champions,think City are going to play a weakened team and save the players for Tuesday against Liverpool.

Helloo,

Yesterday’s FD was much easier than I expected after having a fortnight off broke my fast with something different was needing a change from Weetabix so porridge with a good spoonful of golden syrup nailed it for me.

I’m a Liverpool fan of over forty years and remember the great sides of the seventies and early eighties but today I will be hoping city win the league.

Hi all!
    Minols- it’s only one week & then hopefully you’ll be back on track… back to using your app & planning your meals. Soon be better weather & salads make it easier. As jean always says, think where you’d be if you didn’t do some FDs & try & keep on track! I can sympathise with the haribos- I guess your son likes them too? I would finish off the sour cherry ones my son didn’t like…except he let it slip recently that he does like them he just thought he let me have them, oops! Hope your OH has a good day out & you too.
    Jean- sorry that Steve is so upset about his daughter, so frustrating the way she’s behaving, & just plain horrible to not let Steve see his granddaughter… hope that she’ll see sense soon. Hope your SIL soon heals, sounds nasty but at least they caught it early.
    Lynne- Hannah sounds very sensible! My eldest is saving for a deposit too, he’ll have that quite quickly but it’ll be getting a mortgage that’ll be tricky for him as he’s on basic pay & commission, so his salary varies. His goal is within 2 years. Hope you don’t have to do too much nagging, & can get some of your jobs done.
    Dave- enjoy the football!
    Typhoo- well done yesterday, back on track now! Enjoy the footie too…
    We went out with little Easter eggs & Easter blessings cards, giving those out & taking prayer requests, I was very good & didn’t eat any! Nice walk this afternoon with hubby, weather’s good here.

Hello

Taking myself to the naughty step. After patting myself on the back for making it through Easter unscathed I’ve managed to find a couple of exta pounds, likely from finishing off the goodies after everyone left.

Monday is a new day.

My turn to do the flowers at church this weekend. I spend the whole weekend a nervous wreck as it’s not my best skill and I’m worried if someone in the choir sneezes it’s likely to topple over. Anyway I arrived at church with armfuls of flowers to find they had already been done. Only the lady had done them had got the wrong week and it’s her turn next week. So I ended up leaving hers up and standing mine in buckets of water hoping they’ll last another week. What a mix up. I’d rearranged the weekend to make sure I was free as was supposed to be visiting my youngest daughter today.

Sounds like we’ve got a mixture of results from the holiday but most of us will be back fasting on Monday.

Must be something in the air re saving up for houses. My eldest and boyfriend have been saving hard for their first home and went to have a look for the first time this morning. Saw one they liked and have another couple to see tomorrow and Monday so could be sooner than I thought.

Sorry about your SD Jean, it’s so upsetting, I don’t like any sort of conflict so really feel for you and Steve. As you say you have 3 others to also consider.

New car very exciting Hedgehogs and not too long to wait.

Did Becs get any revision done Lynne? I could never get my eldest to revise, whereas my youngest who is studying for her finals is very disciplined.

Can’t beat porridge Typhoo and well done on your fast.

Hello Kay, glad your back is improving!

Hello too to Dave, Minols and Pseudo

Hope I haven’t missed anyone.

CW

Evening All..
    Just had a big dinner like the old days…I left some..a bottle of red between us a need today I am afraid…I just don’t do big meals now..Steve said I thought we were having a small one…it seemed to grow…

Line drawn fasting for us tomorrow….

We got our grass in containers to start the process off, apparently doing it this way stops the birds eating the seed…we will see 🤞🤞

Dave..
    Good luck on the football but we are with Denise….lol

Tyhpoo..
    Golden syrup a new one to me in porridge it sounds yummy…

Hedgehog..
    You always sound busy…doing your Easter jobs….weather not bad here too a bit of Spring about…

Cakey Wakey..
    Such a shame about the flowers hoping they last to next weekend…I don’t like conflict either it’s like walking on eggshells..

Hope everyone else is ok..seems quiet on here…

Jean x

Had a nice chilled day with the boy.

Thanks for all your encouragement everybody. I’ll get back to it and fast tomorrow with you, Jean and Steve.

HH…like your Easter blessing/visit idea… Might steal that idea for next year! Talk an out planning ahead… Decided about 10days ago what I wanted to do for next Easter weekend, too!

Love to have a plan… Today when I was feeling most tired and down I looked at pictures of the cottage on the Hebrides that we’ve just booked for our summer holiday. The scenery looks so beautiful! I wrapped the image around my mind like a quilt!

So tomorrow I fast!

Mx

Minols…
    We have to kick you up your bum…lol..Kay wants one too…lol…sometimes…could be me another time..

Talking about quilts …How is the Wedding, Baptism quilt going for the piano …Have you started it?

Feeling down we have just had a walk around the village the birds were singing and a lovely night…must push on with life….

A few jobs tomorrow with the bike..the autocom ( speaker between us) wasn’t working too great, it’s a new one blue tooth and needs tweaking..both have to play with it as we are going away next week, I don’t like not talking 🤐..it’s too hard!!…especially when it’s about 6 hours driving…going down to Bristol area for two nights, back end of the week..

Come on Minols we are fasting now let’s make it a good one…hope work goes well for you and work keeps you out if mischief…

Night night..

Jean x

Denise is trying to cheer me up after the football result by offering me Maltesers,she has a big box of them and said she needs help with them.I have turned her down though,horrible 2 days sports wise with City losing and the captain of my speedway team was shoved into the fence riding for his other team and has broken his leg so could be out all season.I have to go to hospital on Monday to ENT,Denise has to go on Thursday for physio and got a letter this morning to go to hospital on Friday the 13th to see the surgeon,think that should be in 3 weeks so she is going to call the hospital to check.She doe not like Friday the 13th she had a miscarriage on that date before we had any children.

Dave..
    You have just made Steve’s day..he thought they were loosing…Yes Yes Yes they Won!!…sorry..😀😀

Lots of hospital appointments hope you sort them all out…well done on the Maltesa’s..

Jean x

You can go off people Jean (:

Morning all!
    Cakey- I’m sure you’ll get back on track this week, leftovers are so hard to not eat up, I hate waste! A nuisance about the flowers, I hope that yours will keep, it’s probably cold enough in a Church! Your daughter house hunting-very exciting!
    Minols- a cottage in the Hebrides sounds wonderful! That’s another place on my list of where I’d like to go…one day! Definitely something to look forward to- and at least you’ll be unlikely to have to get in shape for a bikini!! Our Easter blessings cards say ‘This is how much God loved the world; He gave His one & only Son. May you know His love this Easter’. It’s part of ‘Healing On The Streets’ that we do, following a Vineyard Church model.
    Dave- sorry you’re glum about all the sports, well done for staying strong with the maltesers, once you have one it’s hard to stop- naughty Denise! Sounds like you’ve got an ugh week next week, hope all goes well.
    I think we all need a kick up the bum sometimes, you’re right Jean! Hope that you, Steve & Minols all have a successful FD!
    DF, Kay, Pseudo, Typhoo…I’m sure I’ve missed people- have a peaceful Sunday!

Morning All..
    Getting our glad rags on and having a run out maybe to a garden centre for coffee..nothing exciting..will be back for F1 at 3.30 ish..

Kick up the bum here needed..we really must watch what we eat over a couple day weekend..we go over the top another bad night due to wrong food and lots of it we just can’t do it now…we are really focused for 5 days do not slip at all …then totally let off the leash..😬😬😬..just had a good talk to each other..

Having re think of the week, Minols it will be a very low but not fasting day for us..sorry….Monday and Wednesday fasting….we go away on the motorbike Thursday to Saturday so have to re jig .. in hotel so iffy food wise..weigh in Thursday morning…

Dave..
    Steve said the same game as 1993/1994 season..he was there sat with the MC fans, sat on his hands in the main stand…lol…hard going!

Hedgehog..
    Healing in the streets sounds interesting…my daughter and SIL since she has been ill with her stress, started going to church again at Christmas and they go every week now, she finds it helps her a lot with her inner peace… she goes to the monthly ladies morning and few other things too..both my children went from a young age..we go but not so often now.

Minols..
    The Hebrides sounds a lovely relaxing place to go…is that near Sky?..we have been there a few times..or nearer to Harris?…something to look forward too…

Have a lovely day..

Jean x

I was there in 93/94,i was there every season from 1963 until 2016,I dont get my state pension for another year and my season ticket was costing £800 so i stopped going.Not getting a season ticket for the hockey either next year,but i have a season ticket for speedway this year.I will have to buy a bus ticket for the day on Monday to go to the hospital,parking is almost impossible at the hospital,when Denise goes i will drop her off at the door and come home,wish she would have a mobile phone,but no chance of that happening.She has only had email for a year.Not had any food today so it will be a low day hopefully,got to get prep done for dinner,chicken is on,just got to do the spuds and veg,Yorkshire puddings to,my son asked for them so they must have been good.

We went out and ended up in Hull and old town, the marina and a walk around…cafe and cake but no lunch..bought 2 cheap belts for my going out trousers…

Then we phoned our grandson and asked if he fancied going to the pub, which he did so picked him up and had a good hour with him before dropping him off….just one drink…nice to have him to ourselves for a change….he is still off work but feeling much better…daughter and family been in Spain for the week, she has just landed in Liverpool so will be back home about 5 ish….so he has been on his own and with friends staying over too…

Dave…
    Steve used to take his younger daughter to United for loads of years but as you say it’s just so expensive now..he’s been with me in Yorkshire for 15 years so it’s a while since now..he often got corporate tickets when at work which was nice, at home and some away games…
    Hope you get your hospital travel arrangements sorted next week….it’s always a nightmare at every hospital …we are there with Steve on Wednesday but that hospital is pretty good…

Enjoy your chicken dinner…..

Minols..
    Hoping you are holding your own today and are managing…

Jean x

Dave- roast chicken here too! They always wants Yorkshires, I have to do them with every roast… did chicken again because eldest isn’t keen on beef, now he’s texted me & said he won’t be home for dinner after all, grrr… Football- my hubby has been a West Ham supporter, he used to go to Upton Park, but like you say so expensive, & trouble etc often. Took our youngest when they played Ipswich one year, they were a bit shocked at the language, fine for adults, but not great for kids! He’s never been to the new stadium.
    Jean- nice day out, glad the grandson is doing well. Hope the house isn’t too much of a mess for your daughter to come home to!!
    Minols- stay strong!!
    Our hospital is not great for parking, park & ride is good though.

Hedgehog..
    All house clean and tidy…washer going when we arrived…more than dare than not too..SIL has OCD so they are all well trained…

Daughter has just arrived home to no bread and a fridge full of out of date milk …so she couldn’t even have a cuppa!!…

So it was good news and bad…😂..she has had a good time…

Xx

Just to let anyone who uses Myfitnesspal,it has been hacked so change your password.Dinner was good Yorkshire’s great,I have some Yorkshire blood in me😑,just washed up and think I will take Heidi out for her third walk.Earlier night tonight I think, was up until 3am this morning.

Been a glorious sunny day here today. The weather station showed over 17 degrees in the sun. Did some seed planting before settling down to watch the F1 this afternoon.
    All ready to join the mass fast tomorrow. Hope I can do still do it!!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend. X

Just having a hissy fit about MFP- it is so wildly out! Example: Tahini, 2 tbsps. Jar says cals 202, MFP says 662 cals, fat 18g, MFP says 58g; protein jar says 7.6g, MFP says 25g & carbs jar says 1.4g, MFP says 9g??? I think I’m not going to waste any more time filling it out & will go back to my pen, paper & calculator!! (I joined after the data breach so don’t need to worry about p/w)
    Glad you enjoyed the dinner, Dave, mine went down well too! (Just so you can all say yuk like my family did, I had sprouting broccoli with tahini, roast kale & spinach!)
    Jean- glad daughter had a good trip, I’d forgive my boys no milk if the house was clean!
    Minols- hope you’re okay!

Kay..
    Glad you are already for tomorrow..change of plans so we will be joining you…

Hedgehog..
    I have now stopped logging as I found conflicting numbers…decided to go with the flow with healthy food, watch the packets if using …after all these years calorie counting I have a good idea..if going fresh you can’t go far wrong..and small portions..

You have too strange veggie food for me…so I think yuk too…lol…still we have had a Italian bruschetta tonight..so I suppose a veggie day for us too..😂..are fasting tomorrow?

Jean x

Morning all!
    Sounds like definitely a mass Monday fast again for us then… Kay, I think our posts when on at the same time, glad you’ve been able to get out in the garden & good luck for today! Nothing planned, but will need to keep busy!

Morning All

Woke up to fog this morning..a sign of good weather to come..daughter used to get this at two sides of her seasons in Dubai… apparently it’s the warm air clashing with the cold..all her flights used to get diverted first thing in the morning….

Fast day for us…NW at 1pm for a hour with a new group..one of Steve’s poles had to returned because faulty so he will borrow, they have a pile in the car….looking forward to it as weathers getting better..

Hedgehog..
    Thinking of you eating keto way..must be hard when you don’t eat meat, then you have to keep low carbs but getting your protein up….is it hard?…as you say is it lots of cheese and eggs, some plants are carbs or maybe I am wrong….just thinking as thoughts pass you…lol

How many are fasting today?….us, Hedgehog, Kay, Cakey Wakey, Dave, Lynne, Typhoo …….?? Have I forgotten anyone.

Jean x

Morning all

Didnt sleep particularly well last night with the pain down my thigh. Going to try and find some targetted stretches to see if it helps.

Fast Day for me! So yes, joining the mass. Just need to keep busy. Actually looking forward to it – regain some control and give my body a rest from the constant barage!

Quite a nice morning so far but rain forecast for later.

Hedgehogs, I looked at that article on Keto. Interesting. I reckon it would take me a while to get my body into right zone to burn fat! Im going to return to cutting down on the carbs, Ive been back on the bread recently, so no more for a bit. We rarely eat potatoes, rice and pasta but we do eat loads of veg, and quorn, so I will check out how far up the carb scale they all are.

Time to up the exercise now too, in some form. Although I took Ellie for a walk yesterday, only 1 mile in total, and she really struggled, it took us ages, so going to have to go out on our own as well as take her for short sniffs!

Well thats my black coffee drunk and a mug of green tea earlier, so time to find something to do for a couple of hours.

Have a good day all x

Morning everyone

Jean, my girls cant even find the dishwasher when I’m here, I’d hate to think of what I’d come home to if I left them alone. Hannah and Bec have both got ISA’s which get a government bonus towards house buying, every little helps.

Hedgehogs, nice to think that the youngsters have plans to buy property. So expensive now that if you don’t start saving when you’re young you don’t stand a chance.

CW, do your girls live far from you? I think there’s quite a few of us who have succumbed over the extended Easter period.

Dave, busy week this week. We’re lucky, 10 minutes to the hospital or 5 to the park and ride, though would take longer to find a parking space than drive there. Hope all the appointments go well.

Typh00, porridge is my dream food. You with us fasting today?

Minols, the holiday sounds wonderful, very relaxing. Been to Scotland a few times, but only as far as Arbroath to visit my aunt’s in-laws.

Kay, it’s been quite nice here, but nothing like your neck of the woods. Very jealous.

Been busy having a good sort out. Shed and garage much better but still need at least one tip visit.

Bec has been better with her revision, 5 hours plus on Saturday and in school this morning. Hope we’ve turned the corner. A bit of a financial incentive may also have helped, an hourly rate for revision and only really giving her what she’d tap me for to go out with friends.

May try and get a few more bits done today, but back to work tomorrow, so don’t want to go mad.

Liquid fast hopefully, but always more difficult when Hannah is here and we get out of routine.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynne x

Good morning,

I stepped on the scales this morning and yes with my eyes open and the light on otherwise I could end up head first in the toilet bowl and I’ve already washed my hair and to my surprise I’ve lost two pounds.

It’s a Fast day for me so saving time in the kitchen cooking and washing up always a good thing.

Good luck to everyone fasting today and hope you are having success on the scales and feeling healthier on this way of life.

Jean- protein is a problem for me, lots of eggs & cheese, nuts & nut butters although you have to watch the carbs. Tofu & quorn & low so eating more of those. Yes I do eat weird meals- because it’s just for me I do whatever strange combination I fancy! Enjoy the NW later.
    Kay- Rotten when you can’t sleep for pain… hope it improves in the day. Sad that Ellie can’t go far now, Josie wasn’t going out at all other than the garden the last couple of weeks. With keto you cut right back on carbs, fill up instead on fat! Leafy green veg are less carbs, root veg more.
    Lynne- hope you have a good ‘last day’ before work! Good that Becs is doing more revision, even with bribery!
    Everyone else have a good day too.

Going to hospital in 30 minutes,a ten minute drive but little chance of finding a parking space,so will have to buy a day saver bus ticket.The roofer has just come round to do what we thought we had already had done the chimney repairs.Cowboys who did it last time and we can’t get in touch with them.Gorgeous day here, not sure I need a coat.

Just laughing at the newspaper..

Someone went to a posh restaurant in Bristol and had a Camembert Cheese as a starter..£13..they said how lovely it was…when eaten it was still on the paper…turned it over £1 from Asda…not only that she had to pay service charge…😂

X

Kay..
    Glad you are with us…the old girl still managing to walk, lovely…I feel like that with Steve sometimes leave him at home and walk out myself…lol…he is much better with the poles…

We must cut back on cakes out..😬..

Lynne..
    Good luck to back to work tomorrow are you all sorted and what you are wearing?…Bec is doing great with the study more than my grandson..I think the world owes him a living..😬..I can see the carrot helping..lol

Tyhpoo..
    Great news a good 2 lbs off..puts you in a happy mood for the day…I always like the non kitchen day on a FD, always get away lightly..

Hedgehog…
    You seem to have the keto in hand..maybe I should have egg type breakfasts, a bit lazy first thing on cooking…

Dave..
    Good luck at the hospital and the parking…

Moving ourselves in 30 mins just having a coffee..fog gone now…a 35 min drive..

Keep strong and focussed everyone…

Jean x

Hi all

Being all domestic with the boy today.

The outer Hebrides are Lewis, Harris, Ben Ecuador and Uist, I think. Some joined by brdges/causeway? Skye is the island you hop on to get there so maybe it’s an inner Hebrides?! All I know is that it’s famous for wild, stunning, empty beaches… And a warning g if you arrive on a Saturday night to come with provisions because they keep the Sabbath!

Hope our Monday faster are Surviving.

Mx

Well done Typhoo! Much better than you thought! It does seem to happen sometimes that you eat a bit more & then lose some!
    Damp & miserable here again today, done a few jobs but really can’t get myself motivated… it’s one of those FDs that’s a struggle, funny how some I seem to have energy & the fasting gives me a buzz, others just drag on… do any of you feel like that?
    Youngest is being a pesky thing today- he had all day in yesterday & it doesn’t do him any good, like having a toddler around! I am SO fed up hearing about cars, it’s constant. Let’s hope he passes his test on Thursday & can find one he likes- I don’t think we’ll ever see him once he has his own wheels! My nephew passed his test today as well, so he’s going to be the same!
    Keep strong, fasters!

Well done Typh00! 2lbs is not to be sniffed at!

Jean and Steve, how did the NW go today?

Hedgehogs, hope your youngest has found something to occupy himself today!

Its gone a bit grey here now, but it has been sunny. We have been pottering around in the garden a bit. Well I say garden…its only just big enough to call it one of those!

Lynne, glad the revision incentive is working! I have odd recurring dreams about going into exams without having done any revision, although I loved school and didnt need any persuasion to sit at the table and revise.
    Back to work tomorrow, thats come round quick. Make sure you give yourself a relaxed evening in preparation.

Jean, that made me laugh, the thing in the newspaper! I would have been outraged and would have to have said something something! I know they have to buy them from somewhere, if they dont have connections with a creamery, but honestly!

Its 3pm and Im doing ok on my fast. Not even had the usual white coffee that I succumb to mid way through a FD if Im struggling. Maybe because Ive not fasted for a while, Im full of motivation!

Keep strong fellow fasters! Remember all the positive things that are happening to your body whilst you are giving it a break 😊

Hi all,

I’m very happy with the 2lb loss just came as a surprise as I was expecting a gain of some sort especially after having a pizza Saturday night from a certain delivery chain but I did only have a medium.

Finding this FD a little tougher so far but I’m determined not to give in and I’ll keep hydrated as I think that has a lot to do with it.

Hi All..
    Walking was a bit heavy today 1 hour 40 mins a bit too much but managed it..apparently every few weeks they do a longer one and today was the day..😬
    So we are both shattered a bit on the quick side too..maybe we will give this one a miss…

All going well today just sat sitting now..another hour to eat…

Hedgehog..
    Good luck on the car test on Thursday always a worry and expense…

Kay..hope you are doing OK and on track..

Jean x

Fast day going well, 2 cups of tea up to now. Disappointed that the Speedway has been called off because of bad weather, is been lovely and sunny all day, I went to the hospital on the bus ,no coat , it’s supposed to rain at 6pm tonight so they have called it off, it will save the King’s Lynn fans the long drive of it does hospital was very good, my appointment was at 1pm,I got there half an hour early so they let me go straight in. Was home just gone 2pm

Just about managed today’s FD. Light tea planned to compensate for 3 after eights that needed finishing. Otherwise I’ve done ok. Also fitted in lots of steps today with a long walk before work and just about to go out with the Woof again. Also managed to drink lots of water.

I bought my youngest a Fitbit but she’s run 10k this afternoon in between her studies. It is motivating but I’m going to struggle to match her. Especially as rain forecast tomorrow.

Well done on helping to spur on the revision Lynne and hope your return to work tomorrow goes well. Both my girls live in the Midlands, one was at uni in Birm, the other in Nottingham, whereas we live up in the Northeast.

Sounds like most peoples that are fasting today are doing ok. Great news re 2 lbs off Typhoo.

Sounds like a long, calorie busting walk Jean, you’ll probably sleep well tonight and deserve to put your feet up this evening for a bit.

Catch up later
    CW

Denise only need to go to hospital once this week, on Thursday for physio, the other appointment was 3 weeks to early, still had no food but feeling hungry now, Denise will not say what she wants to eat so I can’t have anything until she does.

Sooo…its almost 6pm and still no food eaten. We usually eat between 7 and 8 but Ive just said to Neil that as I still feel strong Im going to go for liquid only today 😇
    Just put the kettle on for a lemon and ginger tea!!

Jean and Steve well done both! Good to push yourselves sometimes 😀

CW, keep to that light tea and all will be good! Its good to have some encouragement with the fitbit but not if your motivator goes out and does 10k!!

Dave, glad that hospital visit was quick and uneventful. Seems odd to hear that speedway cancelled due to weather when Ive not seen any today, as yet.

Typh00, are you managing to keep up with the hydration?

Lynne, are you doing fluid only too?

Kay x

Viewing 50 posts - 16,651 through 16,700 (of 35,464 total)

You must be logged in to reply.