Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,945 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 18 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,101 through 16,150 (of 35,432 total)

• Morning all,

The scales have been very good to me again today I’ve lost another 3 pounds that’s after the hot cross buns last week maybe they were magic fat burning buns šŸ˜®.

It’s Monday so am fasting today and was awake this morning before the alarm clock could ring but feel like I slept well which seems to change each fast.

Good luck to everyone who is joining me today on a Fast.

Typhoo…
    Well done on the 3 lbs off…maybe the Hot Cross Buns are the answer..I donā€™t like them…could do with your secret..lol

Gave a good FD

Jean x

Morning everyone

No snow here today, but very cold. Can’t venture out anyway as laptop is being returned today so need to wait for delivery.

Typh00, I need some of those hot cross buns. 3lb loss is great, well done.

Jean, hope the grandsons trip goes well. Hannah is off to Wrexham on placement and goes on Sunday. She’s never driven that far on her own before and I’m watching the weather forecasts like the typical over-protective mum that I am.

CW, I have room just like yours. Hoping to put the old day-bed and a desk in there this summer, it’s been the dumping ground for far too long.

Dave, glad you enjoyed the ice hockey. I think we’ve got Storm home on Friday, hopefully it’ll be a good match.

Kay, how’s things?

Minols, you fasting with us today?

Hedgehogs, at least your son told you about the ‘break’. I find out weeks after the event, go into ‘supportive mum’ mode, next thing I know they’re back together. Emotions high with the car problem can throw other things out. Nice they’ve patched it up. Hope the school trip/holiday go ahead.

Nothing planned for today apart for some housework and keeping warm, oh and fasting. Laptop just returned so may test it out.

Wherever you are, hope the weather is not too bad.

Lynne x

Watching the weather forecast too- we’re supposed to get a dumping tonight I think, but it keeps changing… little flurries so far. Jean- you made me feel guilty talking about the birds, so I’ve finally got round to digging out the food today. (I used to feed them regularly, but got fed up last summer when the baby starlings would descend & get through a whole packet of seed in 10 mins flat!
    Don’t think son & girlfriend ever fall out, just struggle with the long distance thing & only being able to Skype for weeks at a time… I don’t think he’s have told me except for me being so nosy & kept asking if she was coming home this week!
    Typhoo- well done! I’ll try the asda hot cross buns next time they have them in!!
    Lynne- hopefully the weather will be all over & done with by next Sunday! I think it’s more the East which’ll get the worst of it first anyway?
    Lots of cleaning done already, seeing Home-Start family this afternoon. I am NOT taking the girl to the park unless Mum can find her gloves! (hasn’t been able to find them for a few weeks!) It’s just too cold.

Hi everyone – fasting with the masses today…anyone got a spare arm? I’ve already gnawed mine off! THink it must be the ‘bracing air’!

Going to get my head down and try to forget about it for a few hours, and then it’ll be a toss up between finishing off the lettuce in the fridge and making chorizo soup…salad quicker and virtuously finishes off left overs, chorizo soup, though…!

Mx

Lynn The Devils are top of the league and Storm are second so should be another good game.Its a fast day for me today so only had a cuppa up to now,the weather is lovely and sunny at the moment so i will take Heidi out for a walk while its fine,going to B&Q later to return some wallpaper and i am tempted to go in the carphone warehouse to look at getting another phone.

Thanks everyone maybe the secret is to eat the hot cross buns with no butter.

It’s supposed to snow here tomorrow from what I see on Google it’s certainly cold enough out there.

Still working hard on the distraction technique (wavered a little with coffee, but if I make that my ‘meal’ and I’m really strict tonight, I should be alright?)

Kay – any news from the houses you looked at on Saturday?

HH – was having a wee moment with the boy last night after I finished work. He was all giggley, saying he’s starting to worry (at 8!) about how embarrassing it will be when he wants to ask a girl out. I asked when he thought this might be happening – he said maybe 10 years time (I said 50!) and he said maybe when he was about 15 or 16. So I told him it didn’t matter when, as long as he was always respectful, so he started talking about marrying someone (!), and I said, well, if he’s thinking about that, then he needs to think – whatever age he marries – about how to make it be a lifetime thing. To which he replied – oh, it’s easy to make it last a lifetime…you just have to snog a lot!! Went downstairs in stiches and demanded a good snog of my OH!

Hope your son and his girlfriend have a good time when she’s home!!

Mx

Minols, I’d love to be a fly on the wall when you and the boy have chats. Hilarious.

Afternoon All…
    I have had a good four hours at my daughters..too cold to walk out and snow showers off and on all day…the time just few by…popped by Lidl and did essentials shop to keep us going to end of week…

I think Steve had a quiet time in the garage and watching TV…without my chattering…lol

Nordic Walking has been cancelled for in two weeks time hoping the weather has calmed down ..the guy is on holiday for a week…shame but the weathers not good for us tomorrow …

Lynne..
    Grandson got there safe..he is working there at the moment itā€™s the head quarters..he has done really well he was on the road sleeping in premier Inns at 16 eating in the bars, he is now 18 and doing really well, he has just got distinctions in his exams over his two year apprenticeship, doing another year..Mechanicial Engineering. So itā€™s always a worry when he drives but getting much better now. Good luck on Hannah and her placement it must be exciting for her..

Hedgehog..
    Yes the starlings are so greedy..we have 8 resident Blackbirds and our Robin..they sit waiting for us in a morning…

The weathers that bad I hope the girl hasnā€™t gloves then you can keep warm…

Minols..
    Hope your days got better and you have an arm left..you can eat tomorrow…

Sandwich for us tonight going a bit light…I did have healthy flap jack at daughters…šŸ˜‚..she said it was healthy so that was OK..

Hope all the fasters are doing well

Jean x

Well… Today’s a bust. Once I started I couldn’t stop. We all know that old story.

So I’m calling it a low day but definitely not a FD and will decide whether I try again tomorrow or leave it until Wednesday.

Humphhhh!

Hello all

Everyone busy busy today, keeping warm I hope.

Did the little girl find her gloves? Maybe even still too cold for the park but hope she found them anyway for the next few days HH. Glad to hear about your sonā€™s relationship with his girlfriend too. Iā€™m sure if itā€™s meant to be then the miles wonā€™t get in the way.

Hope you had a nice afternoon with your daughter Jean and seeing things are going well for her and howā€™s the little dog? On the mend by the sound of things if sheā€™s already wanting to play ball.

Loved your anecdote to marriage Minols, Iā€™ll have to let my husband know the recipe.

I got a few more things sorted in the house this evening Lynne. My handbag drawer. I was quite ruthless and put about a dozen bags out for either rubbish or charity bag. Ones that I havenā€™t used for a few years. I think there are still some more I could have let go. But it kept me busy until dinner time.

Fasting today has gone well. Finished feeling full after soup and half a sandwich. 443 calories and resisted the chocolate in my desk drawer – not a sensible place to keep it but Iā€™m usually quite resolute on Mondays. Nice surprise with the scales this morning. I hadnā€™t lost anything but usually by a Sunday and 4 days since the last Fast, weight stabilises up a bit, but this week itā€™s stayed the same since my last Fast.

Your rate of loss Typhoo is brilliant, I havenā€™t ventured into hot cross bun land yet. I do like them but wouldnā€™t be my first choice as a treat.

Hello also Dave and also Kay.

Master chef starting tonight. My husband loves it and therefore I get quite interested. Itā€™s not till 9 oā€™clock so too late to feel tempted by the cooking and raid the fridge.

CW

Haha! Yes, the little one had gloves- Mum had finally got round to going to the park herself this weekend & realised how cold it was without proper clothing!! (The girl said ‘Mummy didn’t push me on the swing long, she said her hands were too cold’!!) I had managed to dig out an old pair from when the boys were little, but they weren’t needed. We spent a while indoors making cotton wool snowmen too!
    Dave- I misread your post & thought you said you were having a BBQ, instead of ‘going to B&Q’!!
    Jean- sounds like a good afternoon even without the walk. Glad grandson arrived safely.
    Minols- I would recommend eating a leg instead of an arm in future- losing an arm could impact on cooking & eating on your nonFDs… some days just end up like that & it is cold- I thought you were being ambitious even thinking about a salad! Your son is very wise! Suggest that if you do any pre-marriage courses for couples?!
    Cakey- well done on keeping level after a few nonFDs! I did clean my scales when I was doing the bathroom, but didn’t venture on them… (9pm is often a danger time in this house- youngest son gets home from work or army cadets at least 3 evening’s a week at that time, always hungry & wanting something to eat… makes me hungry too!)
    Some snow today, & was starting to freeze quite early, road’s will be awful tomorrow. We’re supposed to be going out to look at a couple more cars with eldest son, so will see what it’s like!

Hello
    NFD today and hoping for control. Scales holding at 11:7 which is a stone since Christmas, although not lost anything in February. Hereā€™s for a better March and down to 11, maybe, hopefully by Easter.

Going to bake later today, just heard a neighbour passed away so thought Iā€™d pop round with a ginger cake. Always feel so sad and never know what to say but cake may break the ice and can always be frozen if not needed.

Been out for an early walk and itā€™s a winter wonderland, just a shame I had to come back to my desk, itā€™s the sort of day I would enjoy walking for miles, so still and so pretty. Also popped to the shops for bread & coffee Stockpiling as tons more snow expected. I could manage without the bread but coffee stocks getting too low for comfort.

Think will have to give yoga a miss this week. I havenā€™t booked anything as wanted to see how the roads were as donā€™t like cancelling last minute.

CW

Morning! Snow here… school not closed but when hubby tried to drive in there was a blizzard & it was really bad! No car hunting either… Youngest very cross as school not closed, now hyper because he can’t get in! Eldest desperate to see girlfriend, talking about walking into Ipswich to see her (15 miles, the wally!). Did point out it would be easier to get the bus! (if her train even runs…)
    FD for me, not happy as it’s cold & both boys at home & they’ll be eating loads!
    Cakey- we’re fairly stocked up too. Always have quite a bit in reserve, because of where we are.
    Hope everyone keeps warm, & Jean & Steve have a good FD!

Morning All…
    A snowy morning but not so bad coming and going…

A fast day for us…a 1 egg ham omelet each for tonight with salad šŸ˜¬

Need an in-between door floor strip from B & Q, the other has just totally collapsed, so will pop out for that, only 5 mins away..donā€™t want the wooden floor to get damaged….

A clothes sort…sort of a day…

Cakey Wakey..
    The dog belongs to step daughter in Wales…all going very well sheā€™s crying for her walks, she usually goes on three long walks a day but she is only allowed in the garden….the little dog is a German Shepard cross…lol…another month before her plates and pins heal…she is a lovely dog, the daughter takes a blind spaniel out with them ( she more or less lives with them) and Bella runs in the fields and looks after her, she knows she canā€™t see…they run side by side off the lead.

Glad the scales are holding good for you..I feel as if I am battling with weight at the moment..trying hard but increasing!..my body is winning..šŸ˜¬..be safe popping out, looks bad in your area…

Hedgehog…
    You had a good time at the home start family and found the gloves…cotton wool snowmen, faffing something I would do..lol

Good luck if you get looking at cars…how is the school trip and your break looking?

Keep warm and safe everyone..

Snowing big time now..ā˜ƒļø

Jean x

Steve is winding me up….I am always stocked up as if a war is going to start..2 full freezers..3 pantry shelves full and I mean full..and the rest…šŸ˜‚

Snowing really hard now..he said have we enough food in for the week…I said I could stretch to the month without going out…only struggle on milk….evaporated maybe?

We walk down the shopping shelves as I pick up things and he makes a siren noise..ā€™make sure you have everythingā€™….

Shall I not talk to him heā€™s been mean!

Xx

Hedgehog..
    Good luck with the day if everyone about and under your feet…

Posts crossed
    Xx

Hi all – looks like those who live a bit of the way are all prepared. I’ve got a few things to get – just because we’ve run out. I ‘m a bit the opposite. I try not to keep too much in because if it’s nice stuff I’ll just eat it and if it’s ordinary stuff it gets wasted (we only have a small freezer). But I was up early so cooked the ‘casserole’-type thing to add a suet topping to tonight for the boys. Not sure I’ll have time for much…hopefully! One of the League of Gentlemen (handy man group that do jobs around the place on a Tuesday) has just popped a slab (absolutely solid) of chocolate cake in for my coffee break as he knows I like chocolate – what a love! What a nightmare! I’ve finished my coffee quickly and will try to tuck it away somewhere for tomorrow – shouldn’t have it then, either, of course!

Going to crack on with some work and then maybe head home early to make some soup. Wondering at what point I’ll get the requests in to start cancelling things – I have two meetings tonight that it’s taken ages to find dates for, so reluctant, but I realise not everyone can just take to walking everywhere like I can, and I’d hate for some of the less mobile to hurt themselves. Oh well. No doubt we’ll still manage to get things done that really need doing!

Stay warm and safe everyone.

Mx

Morning everyone

No snow here at present, but at midnight I was trying too persuade the cat she wanted to come in rather than chase snowflakes.

Jean, Steve would soon moan if there was no food in the cupboards. My freezers are full but lots of random stuff so we’d have interesting meals if it we had to eat solely from them.

CW, I love the way the snow seems to muffle all the sounds, a kid at heart.

Hedgehogs, shame you can’t go car hunting but not the weather for it. Does your son’s girlfriend live far away, will her train be running today?

Talking to Han last night about placement and seems her and boyfriend have fallen out. Bit of an annual thing, same thing same time last year so we’ll see if it’s permanent. She’s away for a month anyway and is staying in halls with another physio who’s going to be in North Wales and 20 medical students on a 2 month placement. They’re already planning a night out in Liverpool, so won’t have time to pine.

Good liquid fast yesterday and not had anything to eat yet. Think it may be porridge a bit later.

Not sure where everyone lives, so don’t know who is affected by snow, so keep safe.

Lynne x

Hi all, Im thinking of changing my name to Miss Piggy!!!!šŸ˜
    Weight up but unsurprisingly so as Ive not been fasting and at times definitely been feasting!
    So today, I will yet again, try for a FD!!! I keep trying and failing but really want to get a grip.
    Ive only skimmed over the recent posts but Im with you Jean and Steve and I think Minols with fasting today.

The house we actually went to view last Saturday was awful….damp, dirty etc but luckily one of the houses in reserve is ok so weve gone for that. No garden and tiny rooms but Its decent enough and will do us for now and at least gets us in the area. So we move to a tiny village called Week St Mary near Bude, 2 weeks today! Just trying to sort out removals and carpet cleaning.

No snow here in Devon but I would like some!! We’ll see.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm. We dont have much food in, unlike you Jean, so need to pop out and get some veg at least!
    Otherwise we will be staying put as its very cold out there.

Kay x

Good morning all,about an inch of snow here,not been out yet so i must dig out my boots.Dont like driving in snow nearly had an accident the last time we had snow like it is today,the car wouldnt stop and i slid on to a very busy road(A57)fortunately other drivers could see what was happening and avoided a crash.Going shopping soon just got my neighbours shopping order,he said he didnt think we would be going because of the weather.

Lynne- hope Hannah makes up with the boyfriend, if that’s the right thing… The placement sounds like it’ll be good for her. Son’s girlfriend is coming back from Uni in Lincoln, some of the trains were going to be cancelled…
    Kay- sorry you’ve had to settle for a house which doesn’t sound ideal, is there no garden at all for Ellie? At least you’ll be near the coast, some good walks for you, even if Ellie’s not up to far? I’m sure once the move is over you’ll be back in the swing of fasting!
    Dave- hope you get to the shops & back safely, it’s hard when you feel responsible for someone else too!
    Jean, Steve, Minols- how’s it going? Hot chocolate soon to keep me going- I am sooo hungry!

Hi all –

Kay – glad you’ve got somewhere…it’s awful when you go close to a deadline, and I hope the house feels better once you’re in. Definitely better than going for somewhere damp.

Surviving FD so far…going to do a little more here while the heating can still cope with the steadily dropping temperature. Everyone else has gone home, so I’ll follow suit soon, I think, and then it’ll be chorizo soup. Doesn’t take long, and I’ll be able to have it before the boy comes home.

That’s Plan A…

Mx

I have had a busy morning just stopped for coffee..not thought on food yet..

I bought new pillowcases and I donā€™t like them they are a pain to iron..wrong ones my fault…found my old ones then sorted a full pile of mixed things decided to give them all a good hot wash to freshen and decide which I am keeping..two pillows have been thrown too..

Yesterday I had a good look at coats in my wardrobe, all in covers so you forget about them…decided all looked very good to bring out and wear again..a touch big now but they were too small for ages to wear….they have belts so I can get away with it…I think…see when I dress up and wear them, see what Steve thinks he is honest about things…

Shoes next, a good week for sorting……

Minols..
    Hope your meetings go a head without having to cancel…

Lynne…
    Hope Hannah gets things sorted out….itā€™s a shame when they fall out…well done and still fasting …šŸ˜€

Kay..
    You are at an unsettled time…maybe after the move you can get back on track….My weights not good too…..a new area to walk around…and your caching…

Dave..
    Good luck on venturing out shopping take care…..

Hedgehog..
    We are ok…just having coffee…enjoy your hot chocolate hold out a bit longer…

Jean x

A few more flurries of snow now, but only set to last an hour or two. Amber warning though for Thursday for snow, ice and wind, so may rearrange going out with the girls for food as we’d planned.

Dave, hope you managed to get to the shop and they still had food on the shelves. First flurry here and everyone panic buys.

Kay, I didn’t realise you were moving into Cornwall, and close to some of the prettiest parts of the country. Fond memories of Boscastle/Tintagel/Crackington Haven.

Minols, time to abandon the desk and head for the warm.

Jean/Hedgehogs, keep the hot drinks flowing, often feel colder on a FD.

Just had a huge flower arrangement delivered. There’d been delays in settling the mortgage and I complained. They upheld my complaint and the Ā£200 compensation was nice too.

Lynne x

No snow to report here it’s tried a few times this morning but nothing of real consequence.

I’ve been out shopping but haven’t stocked up on lots of food like some not really needed as I live alone though I did treat myself to some more of the magical hot cross buns.

I will always defend that by saying they contain mixed fruit so counts towards my five a day šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜®šŸ˜›.

Had weetabix with a generous amount of raisins and warm milk this morning for breakfast perfect for this time of year.

Hi all.

Surviving… Just! In the end I did have the salad. It was quicker than starting a pot of soup, and I do hate food dying in the fridge.

Just need to keep busy when the boy comes home until the next spell of action… Swimming, shopping, dinner for boys and meetings for me.

Sooo want to achieve a good FD for once

Mx

Typh00 I must get some of those magic hot cross buns! Most definitely the mixed fruit counts!! šŸ˜

Come on Minols lets do this today! Let’s not slip up this time. Half way through the day now!

Back from shopping safe and sound,i have even been out twice with the dog,no more though,it will get slippy later,supposed to drop to minus 5 or lower.I am always scared of falling,i slipped a few years ago and dislocated my left elbow,the same one i had already fractured when i was a boy and dislocated again when i worked in engineering,also when i slipped i fractured my right elbow.It was funny when i was walking out of Manchester royal hospital with both arms in slings,i needed to go to the toilet but couldnt get my arms out of the slings so i had to stop a nurse and asked her if sh would take my right arm out of the sling so i could go to the toilet,she said anything else i need,i tried to keep a straight face and said no.

Cooking steak pie tonight for the meat eaters- I know I’m veggie & wouldn’t eat it anyway, but the smell’s not helping my hunger! Not sure what I’ll eat yet… School have emailed to say at the moment the youngest’s trip is still on, so we could still get away ourselves yet! We did venture out, as we weren’t going to take much food with us, had planned to eat out, but thought we’d better have a back up plan in case it’s too cold, bought a nice microwave meal from M&S (& a nice pudding, & shortbread biscuits…) Main roads are getting clear now, it’s been sunny & not snowed for a bit. The little lane short cut we usually use is still really bad though, even with the traction control on the car!
    Keep busy & warm, fasters! Tomorrow you can eat…

We have all finished now on the eating…I quite enjoyed the salad tonight we ended up with a 2 egg omelette ..a smattering of onion, ham, tomato and smidging of cheese..

Minols and Kay…hope you are managing to finish…

Jean x

Hello

Well the snow has come and gone in disappointing flurries. Letā€™s see what we wake up to tomorrow.

Well according to the scales Iā€™ve put 7 lbs on in 11 hours. I can assure you that I canā€™t have eaten or tranny half a stones worth of calories. Either Iā€™m retaining lots and lots of water or wearing lots and lots of jumpers.

Kay – yay somewhere to move to. Iā€™m sure it will be lovely once you have your own things in and make it home.

Well done fasters today especially Minols and that chocolate cake.

Making sausage and mash for tea, fasting again tomorrow though.

CW

Just scrambled egg & one piece of toast for me, I’m done now, hopefully not tempted by anything when son gets in from Subway!

Just read this on Facebook

“Where are we going Piglet?” asked Pooh.

“We need to get supplies,” said Piglet. “For the snow.”

“Ah,” said Pooh, nodding in understanding. “Things like bread, and milk, and snow shovels, and cat litter even though we don’t have a cat, because it’s meant to be good in Icy Conditions.”

Piglet did a little laugh, and a sort of leap, and caught a few snowflakes on the tip of his tongue. “No,” said Piglet. “No, those aren’t the sort of snow supplies we need at all. What we need are family sized bags of chocolate buttons, and chips with dips, and a freezer full of stuffed crust pizzas, and all of the red wine that we can possibly carry, so that when we get snowed in we won’t mind it even slightly. THOSE are snow supplies.”

All of a sudden, Pooh thought that the snow didn’t seem quite so wet, nor the air so cold, and actually, getting snowed in with Piglet and their snow supplies really didn’t sound such a terrible thing after all. “Oh Piglet,” said Pooh. “I really do think you are a Very Wise Animal.”

CW….love it!!! Thats Pooh not the naughty scales!

FD nailed! Phew thought Id forgotten how! Normal day tomorrow and then another FD on Thursday.

Well done Jean, Steve and hedgehogs. Minols, hope you have managed too!

Thank you for sharing the Pooh story- did make me laugh… as we have lots of yummy food ready for our trip, so we’ll be okay! Have had a good few inches of snow overnight, & more forecast for today, (changed from yesterday for us!), so are waiting to hear what’s happening with the school!

Morning All..

A very snowy morning a good 4ā€ of snow neighbours are clearing their drive to get their car out…just love it like this..will be out with my snow shovel shortly burning a few calories..šŸ˜‚..need to, I am up a pound how can that be only 2 flapjacks and Friday meal out, what I shouldnā€™t of have and two fasts under my belt..see what Friday brings…

We were in Amber warning yesterday had snow but not laying…out of the warning today loads of snow and still coming down…

Cakey Wakey..
    That is supplies….ummmm.laughed

Hedgehog..
    Hope you can still get away and your son….

Kay..
    Glad you got a FD under the belt…..

NFD for us today…definitely stopping about the house…keep safe and warm everyone..

Jean x

The snow arrived last night and it’s still at it now I think I need some of those snow supplies.

I think staying at home in the warm and watching the snow falling is a good idea for today.

Hi All..
    I have had a hour out cleared the car, drive and around the house and the pavement near the road….sweating buckets…burning a few calories šŸ˜‚ hopefully..

I think likeTyphoo it will be a lazy day watching the snow, keeping warm…looking on catch up TV..

Did anyone see the excerise programme last night …
    1/ doing any excerise generally is more beneficial and better in the evening..
    2/ BUT doing excerise in the morning while in a fasting state ( no breakfast) burns more than double the fat …no more than 90 mins max or you hit the ā€˜wallā€™ burn out.

Have a good day keep warm…good luck to any fasters today…

Jean x

Well, holiday cancelled & son’s field trip too- lots of snow here & went for a walk to see what the main road is like, even that’s not great! Popped in to see my parents as well- Mum had made a snowman yesterday, she’s a big kid & misses the boys being young enough to come & play!
    Holiday company very kindly offered to re-book us another time- we’re hoping that we can maybe go in August when youngest is away with army cadets…
    Enjoying M&S chocolate chip shortbread at home instead! (sorry if anyone’s fasting & reads this!)

Hedgehog..
    Thatā€™s a shame having things cancelled but better to be safe…itā€™s good the holiday company has offered you it at a later date..son will be disappointed too hoping that can be reorganised…

I made half a snowman and gave up too cold…lol

We have had a finger of chocolate too just fancied it…..we were wanting to go for a walk, wrap up warm but is it sensible, slippy under foot…so we are staying put.

Sun out and blue sky but the snow is staying itā€™s so cold…

Xx

I Took Heidi out for a walk and i must have looked like Scott of the antarctic,its got to be very cold before i ware gloves,but I had them on today along with a Canadian Fur hat and a scarf.I went out the back looking for the dog to take her out and she was lay on the floor in all the snow.Fast day tomorrow I am going to have a chicken stir fry,it will be a change.My son went to watch a film in 4G i must be getting old,I have only watched films in 2D.

Hello

I feel like Iā€™ve been eating all day, but have counted everything in MFP and right on TDEE. It dawned on me that I havenā€™t actually eaten any meals Iā€™ve just grazed. On the downside it was supposed to be a fast but I knew from the moment I got up I wasnā€™t feeling in the mood.

Snow now reaches top of wellies, husband made it to work after pushing several other cars out of the street. He managed to get most of the way home but had to leave the car and walk the last bit. The furthest I intend to go is out for a walk with the Woof, although do have more theatre tickets for Friday so weā€™ll see.

Loving the snowman attempts Jean and Mrs Hedgehogs – very good spirit. I miss the girls being little and out with their sledges. But donā€™t miss their soaking wet clothes, wet welly puddles or freezing cold hands.

I didnā€™t see the exercise programme Jean. I always feel too groggy in the morning to exercise. Maybe a longer brisker walk with the Woof would count.

CW

Evening everyone

Busy day today moving furniture around, then out for food with the girls. Was planning to go out tomorrow or Friday, but the weather is set to get bad here so brought it forward. Also today was supposed to be a FD, but I can rearrange for later in the week.

Hedgehogs, sorry about the holiday being cancelled, but hopefully you can rearrange.

Dave, no snow here, but freezing all the same. My dog loves chasing around in the snow, or she did when she was younger, think she’s rather nap on the bed now.

Jean, busy clearing the snow, hope you haven’t had another fall to spoil your hard work.

CW, good idea to stay in the warm, hope the dog appreciates the walk. Could do with some of the snow supplies.

Minols, hope you and yours are safe.

School already closed tomorrow as Amber warning for snow, ice and wind in the morning. Lazy day watching the snow and will catch up another FD at the end of the week.

Night everyone

Lynne x

Another snow day for the youngest- he could be using the time for revision for his mocks next week, but computer games are more appealing! He did you out with friends yesterday in the snow- nice that at 17 they’re not too old for sledging & snowballing!
    I’m not fasting today- still going to be in ‘holiday mode’! Too cold as well, noticed yesterday felt much less chilly than when I’m on a FD.
    So sorry, Jean, not joining you today!
    Minols- how’s things with you? Looks like it’s going to be really bad where you are? Will you have many of your congregation to keep an eye on?

Morning All..
    A very very very cold day and snowing….

A good start to the day no hot water or heating…all condensation freezing outside in the pipes…all fun..so I have cleared the snow again only a couple of inches, then joined Steve at sorting the pipes out…he dismantled two pipes, 5ā€™ each, got my hairdryer out and kettles of boiling water in the kitchen…they were solid. Came out eventually in 2 long tubes of ice….all back to normal and warm now…

Whatā€™s that about burning double the calories on a fast day šŸ˜‚..and before food..

Cakey Wakey..
    It sounds really bad where you are keep safe…

Dave..
    Poor Heidi going out in this weather ….and you of course…

Lynne..
    No falling here I decided against the walk…a lovely night out with the girls well deserved after all your shifting of furniture..

Hedgehog..
    Have a good holiday day mode…why not…we wonā€™t be doing much today …itā€™s not good at all…

From now a warm house….šŸ˜‚

Jean x

Happy St David’s Day

Not many daffs to see this morning, apart from those in my lounge, all covered in snow.

Jean, you’re so lucky Steve is handy. Think the heating will be staying on low overnight tonight.

Hedgehogs, this puts a whole new slant on ‘staycation’. Park full of children playing this morning, far more enthusiastic than if they were going to school.

Kay, not sure exactly where you live, but keep safe if you’re under the red warning as well.

We seem to be scattered all over the UK. Where ever you are, keep warm and safe.

Nipped to the shop and Aldi staff told me they’re being put up in Premier Inn tonight if weather gets bad so they can keep the shop open. Red warning due this afternoon so won’t be going far, though thankfully a few supermarkets all within walking distance.

Not sure when I’m going to fast next. Today is definitely an ‘eating’ day, regardless of the meal last night. Just want to graze when it’s cold.

Youngest cat is going crazy trying to catch snowflakes, doesn’t realise that she’s inside and they’re outside.

Keep warm

Lynne x

Lynne..
    We are very much heating people..we have had it on 18 degrees the last three nights going up to 22 degrees in the day…

It feels cold inside the heating is battling outside temperatures..think itā€™s 23 at the moment..but doesnā€™t feel it..

We are fasting today but may go slightly up as needing hot food..I think stay safe for all of us while the cold is about..

We had a little 4 year girl playing in the street..the noise from her excitement yesterday was lovely..thought she was with grandad but both parents were off work and it was them…

Step daughter was working nights as a traffic officer on the M4 last night she lives near you..Crymbran..hope she got home before the worse of the weather hits..she had a hot water bottle inside her jacket..she takes flasks of hot water to change through the night..

Keep safe everyone..

Jean x

Good morning

We’ve had lots of snow here it didn’t seem to stop yesterday and is still snowing now its like a scene from the Day after tomorrow movie.

It must be bad because I looked online and even the pizza delivery are for collection only.

Good luck to everyone fasting today.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,101 through 16,150 (of 35,432 total)

You must be logged in to reply.