Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 19 hours, 48 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,451 through 1,500 (of 35,400 total)

• Hi all

Got back very late last night from my trip to Romania. Have spent today recovering – was past 1.00 when I got to bed and brain still too busy to sleep even then so have been dragging a bit today. Anyway, delighted to report that I didn’t put on any weight at all, despite thinking I’d been a bit naughty. This WOL has taught me much better portion control which has saved me! I also walked a lot – my step tracker tells me I averaged 5 miles a day which is heaps more than normal. It’s nice to know that occasional holiday treats don’t have to spell diet disaster. Having a FD today – I sort of missed them this past week!

Haven’t had a chance to properly catch up with all the posts but did see Beverley’s good news – so thrilled for you both 🙂

Hi Hemmy

not eaten a bacon sarnie since the middle of January – still salivate like a starved alsation dog at the smell of bacon and sausages – and its THE standby lunch for the boys on my fast days – but wouldn’t dream of eating one now. Strange eh?

I can take or leave chocolate, think I’ve had a couple of bars of galaxy this year – even magnums – my nemisis – are now a very rare treat and I don’t crave them any more. Wouldn’t bother with any sugar free puds or even sugar laden puds. Still biscuits but just plain digestives.

Wine, on the other hand …………….. though promised myself just to be off the wine until the end of September and we are two days into October, haven’t bought any yet – I think that may be a record.

I have odd treat now when I’m away, but I do eat too much proper food away from home, I think. I sometimes eat too much proper food at home as well.

But that trifle on Great British Menu – searching for the recipe!!!

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

Hi Ginette thank you for the links. Hope your day went well yesterday. Enjoyed my soup and crispbreads and not a wine demon in sight this week. Yay

Tonight may be hard. Xx

Hi Priscilla glad you had good holiday ..lovely to see you back. Xx

Hi Milena You are a such good sport. I bet your boys love you. Enjoy today with a treat or two… after the last two FDays along with Audrey. Xx

Off to visit a friend today .. haven’t seen since I started 5 2 so wearing smallest clothes and see if she notices.

Have a good day Brit lovelies hope its a sunny one. Together we are unstoppable Xx

Morning all

Had a quick weigh in and I am 2lb down this week so far, now just have to keep it off!

Going to anglesey tomorrow so will be on line less often for the next 2 weeks.

Hope everyone is ok

Audrey

Jeez, so many great inputs. We are still flying re the remission….Audrey wowee keep going gal you are my poster person who I look to in times of greed!
    Priscilla, I am full of awe that you got through a holiday unscathed. Wow!

Put on my jeans I have not worn since starting this and they are loose. OMG. My shoes fitted well too. Err. It seems to be going from the bottom up. Saying that, the worn out old bra is looser!!! Weigh in is Tuesday. How I am staying off the scales is a miracle!!!

Love and hugs to all
    Beverley x

It was so nice yesterday as my friend noticed straight away that I had lost weight. Felt good.

A good week with no hiccups so far… no wine to lead us astray to the munchies.

Roast dinner day for us today always a danger. Lol

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the weather.

Have a lovely time in Anglesey Audrey. Went in October a few years back and had to buy suntan lotion as it was so hot.

Karen hope everything is okay with your Mum. Xx

Enjoy the day Brit lovelies. Together we can do this. Xx

Wow seems to be good news all round and great tips as well. Hope everyone has a fab Sunday. Fasting tomorrow – have soup ready. Wine later – cheers everyone ?. xx

Hi Priscilla

So pleased that you managed to keep the weight loss there. What a bonus and a nice time as well. I am sure all that activity helped.

Hi Hemmy

That’s ok, I get the urge to look things up some days and that was one of those days. Sometimes triggered by a question from the forum.

Well done for the no wine but, this isn’t for the whole of October is it? I know they have that running this month. I hope you find that you are wanting it less. It is hard when you really like something. I go through this now and again with chocolate based things. Now is one of those times. I am pleased to say that I have stayed the same this week. This was my aim. I wanted to slow it down a little……this seems strange writing this. For me as long as I lose half a stone by Christmas that is good.

Hi Audrey

Enjoy your time and I hope you miss any bad weather and that the sun shines for you. I know we will see you now and again.

Beverley

I don’t blame you, keep riding that wave. Glad your clothes are getting looser. I wish I had lost weight from the bottom up.

Hi Dolly

Nice to see you here.

Have a nice Sunday all.

Ginette

Hi Dolly

Sounds like you are really getting to grips with this way of life. Well done you. Definitely works and you can still live your life without the awful diet pain. You own your life and not a diet. Good luck tomorrow I will be joining you. Weigh in Tuesday for me. Xx

Hi Ginette

I think you are so sensible to slow down now. That is a really high good amount you have lost. Brilliant in fact.x

7 lbs by Xmas sounds just right I would think. I am really happy at a pound a week .. if I lose more I know it can go back on quickly after a very little hiccup. Just doing that pound is cop able and seems to be kind of easy to maintain.

How things have changed over the weeks. I have a piece of beef cooking with all the trimmings plus a apple pie to put in after.

I would have really been worrying in the beginning but now it holds no fears just enjoyment today. No wine at all this week so that makes it easier to be able to eat a bit more with those cals. Kristy has been to the gym 4 times this week and very positive and happy.

Yay all in control friends all good.

Hope your day is going well in this beautiful sunshine. Xx

Hi all x
    Just a quick log in to say hi! Sorry I’ve been out of the loop but so much going on. I’m afraid I haven’t read the threads but will catch up on those at some time. If you’ve lost..well done from me ! If not..stay focused x

Sadly things are not great with my mum. She will remain in the nursing home for 2-4 weeks for assessment. At least she is safe and well looked after there but I am sad for her that it has had to come to this. She has lived a full and independent life but now it’s just an existence. Very sad. I shall return to Bham in couple of weeks.

At the moment I’m in York for a long w/e with husband. This was booked ages ago..rearranged from last year when Paul had a dvt and travelling on hold. It never rains but it pours!! We are having a good time and enjoying lovely weather.

Also managed to lose 0.4 kg last week. Will prob put on this week but I’m not going to worry about that now. I’m going to enjoy the prosecco and get back on track when back to normal.

Thanks for all your support friends x I’ll be in touch soon.

All take care x

Love

Karen
    Xx

Hi Karen

how sad about your Mum, I hope she is well looked after. Enjoy your weekend with your man – these times are so precious – these are the things we will think of when we look back at our lives. Its a beautiful city, amazing that men built the cathedral. They began in at the end of the 13th century and it was concecrated a hundred years later – and we can still see the results of their toil – changes our perspective on life eh?

Have a great evening, this WOL is working so well prosecco is pretty much mandatory – enjoy it.

Hi everyone

just throwing a thought out there – would anyone be interested in a meet – thinking of a weekend in Dublin next March – hoping to sync with via skype with the aussie thread – Dublin cos ryanair does some blindingly good airfares. Just asking what folk might think of the idea.

Hi Karen

My thoughts are with you, Let’s hope your Mum gets a nice rest and recovers well. Have a lovely break and don’t worry about anything more that you have to. Look after your Mum and yourself. There is nothing to say your Mum won’t achieve a level of independence again. Take it a week at a time, maybe your Mum needs to adapt a little and have help now. That isn’t a bad thing, it is just different. My uncle hated tge thought of carers and then he really found that they made his life so much better. Not really by what they did but he was always looking forward to the coming and having a bit of a chat.

I hope things turn out well, have a lovely tone away xx

Ginette

Hi Karen x

Sorry to hear about your Mum.x Sometimes sad things have a way of leading us in the right direction.

Now your Mum is safe and secure… good for her and you. Things will get sorted… always hard to imagine initially but they do.

Enjoy your break in York with hubby .. have some lovely food and wine… get refreshed after a I am sure mentally tiring time.

Take care Karen my thoughts are with you and your Mum. Xx

Its looking a bit of a grey day here after the recent sunny mornings. Hopefully cheer up. Need to do house jobs instead of the garden anyway. Lol

A good week-end with NFDays to day of course is FD for me anyone else?

We are getting a very health conscious household .. Kristy at the gym lots and is now cutting carbs to the limit. Something I do struggle with. Not worry about them too much at the moment just thrilled to be off wine. It makes such a difference to my food intake.

Hi Malena The Dublin trip in March sounds great fun… especially the skype with the Aussie thread. I am sure there will be lots of interest.

Unfortunately it would too much for me to think about at this time… after only just coming out of my home bubble… Brighton over night being a giant step. Lol xx

Hope everyone enjoys the day whether fasting or being mindful non fasting.

Together Brit lovelies we can do this .. Whey hey little knickers here we come. Xx

Morning everyone
    FD today but have been naughty ALL weekend so have doubts if I will have lost anything by the morning weigh in!
    Neil is still in bed with his second cup tea…..he makes loud groaning noises when he first wakes up. Very loud too!
    I’m missing Audrey. But happy to see all of you anyway!
    Karen, try not to worry about your mum too much. I know it is sad when someone has been independent but there are some lovely carers out there. I should know as I was one for 4 years. Chucked in a perfectly good well paid job. Halved my income but loved the job! I guess they will do a risk assessment of her home etc. Thinking of you and hope you enjoyed you weekend.

Now bad me. Back to FD. Hemmy too!

Hi All

Raining here today, poor Audrey…….

Hi Hemmy

Yes I have heard before that not drinking wine really helps weigh loss, your daughters health kick is good as well.

Hi Beverley

Don’t worry until you get to weigh in. You may have done better than you realise.

Who else is fasting today?

Ginette

Hi fellow brits

Sat in caravan very wet n windy, and then there is the weather HeheHe. ….

Glad you are all doing ok, will be in touch again later in week

Keep in touch together we are stronger,

Karen hope you get mum sorted out soon, I know it’s a worry but am here if you need to talk. ….

Audrey

hi all

Miserable weather here too. I’m thinking about a hot water bottle!

Well, I think I was a bit too complacent about not putting weight on over my holiday. Had a rather indulgent weekend and ended up putting a pound back on. (worth it though – husband made one of his famous apple and blackberry pies….delicious!)

FD today and I’ve behaved myself. One of my favourite FD meals for tea. Mushroom and asparagus risotto. Very little rice, really mostly veg and a blob of yoghurt to make it creamy. Came in at 230 cals a portion today.

Early night for me – this weather makes me want to hibernate.

Hope you all had a good day, feast or fast.

Good evening friends x

What awful weather .. Audrey hope it improves for you .Xx

Hi Beverley .. You deserved a week-end with treats, after such an awful worry to carry last week. That’s the good thing about this WOL we can just adapt it and the pleasure being now we know we can do it. Good luck tomorrow weigh in. Xx

Hi Ginette How is your day going. I am happy with todays food. Managed to wait until 4pm then had some yogurt and berries … a chunky veg soup tonight with a little roast beef added. Feel good and drank lots of water. Hopefully that pound off tomorrow. Xx

Hi Priscilla You did well over your holiday. I often find I don’t put lbs on over a holiday it seems for some reason to be a few days after. ( carrying on the holiday I guess) lol Glad you had a lovely time. Xx

Hope everyone else is doing okay .. anyone else weighing tomorrow. Xx

Another sucessful FD today.1 apple and water based porridge. Only did Tuesday FD last week . Got Stu’s ultrasound of the carotids tomorrow morning so very very early start. Awful week this week Stu has a DWP compliance interview on Friday (we think malicious neighbours at old place). We know we havent done anything wrong but if it goes badly we could be homeless in the blink of an eye. Hard not to worry. Hope every one else is OK.

Celtic, hope all goes well for Stu. Will be thinking of you on Friday too. x

Audrey, all wet and windy! Hope you are keeping the faith because despite the weekend I have lost 1 lb. That’s thanks to FD yesterday. It goes to prove this regime does work.

Fingers crossed we all have done well. Hugs all round. x

Good morning friends hope all is well with you. X

C C Well done you. Porridge what a good idea now with the weather changing.

Hope today goes well for Stu, also Friday.
    Awful how people could be so malicious to others. It must be a constant worry. We are always here for you Celtic. Xx

Beverley well done with the successful FD and this mornings loss. Keep going girl together we will do this. Xx

Well. happy.. happy lost the pound I gained last week on away days. Back to 6 x 2lb of sugar. Hopefully no more hiccups for a while just a steady pound will do me. Lol

Hi Ginette hope your FD went well. Looks like the cooler weather is upon us now. Winter recipes will be needed I guess. Think porridge may be a good one. Managed till 4pm yesterday on drinks … best fast yet. Maybe it is just getting easier anyway with stomach shrinkage.
    So wish I had done this last year… it would have given me something to focus on. Xx

Audrey hope the weather improves for you. Xx

Hope everyone else is ok. xx

Thank you Ginette and all for all your support very much appreciated.

Have a good day Brit lovelies. Together we are strong Xx

Morning all

Just a quick post I have been on scales at local leisure centre and think I may have put 1 lb on….

On a fast day today, and tomorrow so will soon put it right.

Cc hope all goes ok such a worry

Beverley and hemmy carry on losing you are doing so well…Priscilla home made pies and cakes my downfall too…. Ginette, glad you are keeping everyone in line….hehe milena have a great time away

Sorry if I missed anyone good luck to all

Audrey

Hi Audrey

I have been thinking of you with all of this bad weather. Such a shame after those lovely sunny days.

Hi Priscilla

Yes I know exactly what you mean, had a hibernation day yesterday. I have to go out today though. The sun is shining for a few minutes here and there and at least it isn’t raining.

The trouble is thinking about all of those comforting foods now. I love the rice but it triggers my need for more carbohydrates.

Hi Hemmy

The day went well thanks, I have just had an egg and bacon sandwich on granary bread for lunch, really early for me. Fast days I don’t find a problem, I shall have to use the same kind or organisation on NFDs as these always leave me wondering what I should eat. Too much choice!!

Hi Celtic

What a horrible thing for someone to do, nothing worse than living with people who are watching you to see what they can report.

I hope all will be well

More in a minute……..

Sorry got called away to do something…..

Hi Celtic

I hope all is going well today for Stu.

Hemmy

Well done on getting rid of that 1lb.

Audrey

Different scales say different things so don’t be disheartened. It is absolutely tipping down now. I really don’t feel like going out.

Hi Beverley

Well done on keeping up the momentum. Yes it does work, I found that really surprising as well. It helps to see the weight come off.

I hope you are all doing things that keep you dry….

Ginette

Good evening friends. x

Hi Audrey,

Hope this weather improves for you. Got absolutely soaked again today here… Mr Pips walking … its hardly stopped. Of course a Springer Spaniel couldn’t care less about that. Lol Hope you are enjoying your break anyway. Always nice just to get away. Xx

Hi Ginette. Your lunchtime sandwich is my very favourite. That’s the trouble with grey weather … the need to cheer ourselves up is there.

Funny after yesterdays fast I have eaten very little today. Feel so full after cheese on toast … and a small helping of Sundays crumble for lunch.

A big change from earlier days when I ate everything in sight. Defiantly a brilliant WOL. Xx

Hi Dolly how is it going for you. Xx

Hope everyone is doing ok and this miserable day. Xx

Morning everyone

Hope we are all doing well. Neil and I had a better night tonight. This virus we have had keeps rearing it’s head. We were in bed by 8.30 p.m.! At least by taste buds are not working too well.

Hemmy sounds like you are up and running. Success is there to be had!!

We are having rain here again this a.m. but it’s just water so what the hell. Our dog hates the rain, luckily and he’s old now so he sleeps a lot.

Everybody on track? What a wow lot of ladies we are! Hope everyone a brilliant day.

Beverley

Hi Bev glad you and Neil had a better nights sleep. These virus things just keep hanging on. Its like you think it left you then as you say rears its ugly head. I had one on and off for months upon end.
    They are all different I know. Mine kept reappearing with nasal blockage and then my hearing would go… come back all of a sudden like it went. In the end I even wrote the timing’s down on the calendar. Also noticed what happened to trigger it again.
    Krisy thought it came back when I got extra stressed as I am a constant worrier about people .. and things. Lol
    Hope yours fades away soon too. Xx

Had a good Non fast yesterday but of course the body is strange and all could change so as my Mum would say ” don’t get cocky” Lol

Have a good day Brit friends .. YAY we can defiantly do this together. Xx

Hi all, am v new to this (I am a Brit, South East of England girl) and just wanted to know if any of you had some advice and tips to help me out?
    I started last Thursday (my first fasting day) and had my second on Monday; both went by better than I thought and am feeling positive about the whole process.
    I wanted to know if on non-fasting days eating over 2000 calories is the end of the world?…It’s not something I do very often but obviously there are occasions when it occurs.

Morning all,

FD for me again. I may do 3 this week as penance for my post-holiday lapse! Did have a small triumph this week though. Bought a winter coat and had to take it back and exchange it for a smaller size..yay! I had got too used to wearing everything very baggy when I was bigger. The shop did some weird European sizing so I wasn’t really sure what size I had got now, but have just checked their website and it says it’s equivalent to a size 10 …double yay! (I do think they are generously sized though)

Celtic – hope you had good news re carotid tests. Sound like you have a really stressful week. Thinking of you.

Welcome TigerFeetNeet. My two guidelines are plan everything and weigh everything on fast days. Months of weighing every tiny scrap of food has made me much better at portion control on FD or non FD’s My planning tells me I’ll be having apple and cottage cheese for lunch and home-made mushroom soup for my tea.

Will going over 2000 calories be the end of the world? That depends where you got 2000 cals as a daily figure from. My TDEE (the amount I can eat on non fast days) is 1350. If I ate 2000 a day I’d be putting on weight all the time. Going over any of your limits won’t do you harm, but it certainly won’t help. This way of life is as much a mental thing as a physical thing, so I try not to create mental loopholes and get-out clauses for myself. I recall the many many times I tried and failed to give up smoking. “Just one won’t hurt” was always my undoing. (I’ve given up now – a heart attack concentrates the mind wonderfully well!) So give yourself a big pat on the back for your positive start and plan to succeed!

Priscilla
    Size 10 oh wow how thrilling! So pleased for you
    Dear Hemmy thanks so much re the info on your virus. I was getting worried. Of course we got it in the run up to finding out if the cancer was in remission and we were really stressed. Well we are not now!!
    Hi to our new lady, I am sure you will do really well. I am south too. Look forward to hearing more!

I nipped back on because a miracle happened. My appetite has decreased no end but back from the supermarket hungry so made a sandwich from 2 slices of bread (no spread) 2 tomatoes and a sprinkle of feta. I only managed half of it so will eat the other half later. Last nights dinner probably 1/4 of what I would have scoffed……

Think we are all on a winner.
    Beverley

Hi Hemmy

Just a nice hard pear today, no lunchtime sandwich!! I don’t eat much bread about 6/8 slices a week. But I do like to have something nice with it. Bacon is a once in a while treat for me, I try to keep cheese to that as well.

Hi Beverley

Yes I was waiting for the rain to stop before I went out, I don’t like getting soaked if I am heading out, not so bad coming home though. I had a friend who had a virus for weeks in and off. She can’t seem to shake it off.
    Sorry to hear that you are both unwell though, even though losing appetite sometimes seems like a plus I’m sure you would rather feel better.

I’m being tempted into all sorts of things now the weather has changed, just as well I want to lose slowly! Just had a call to book me in with my doctor though, so that is a good thing, I know it is just about new medication so nothing to panic over. I had better pull my socks up weight wise though. She is leaving the surgery and is really one of the best, thorough, most caring doctors I have had. I am really sorry to see her go.

Hi Hemmy, with you I am a worrier, I really wish I wasn’t.

Hi Tiger

I agree with Priscilla, it really depends on where you got this 2000 calories from. This is your daily energy expenditure given your height, weight and exercise levels. People tend to overestimate the amount they exercise, it is always better to underestimate this. You won’t lose weight at TDEE levels if you had this every day, you would maintain the weight you are. People get very confused by this.

I use my fitness pal, there you can set your goal weight and other variables and how much you would like to lose. Mine is set at a pound a week. It then gives you a realistic exercise goal. If you are normally under or at this then that is good, if you go over this once in a while (not two or three days on the trot) then no real harm done.

You will find with fasting that it changes the amount that you need and also the type of food that you eat.

I started on a Thursday and I joined the forum after a few days so we are similar in this. I just didn’t want to wait until Monday in case I changed my mind. Do you have a lot to lose?

Just read that your excess is once in a while, no as long as you cut back to normal the next day all should be fine. The trouble is, it can get addictive to overeat or eat certain foods. Carbs are addictive, chocolate is addictive, wine it seems can be addictive.

Just ask away here, you will get lots of help.

Hi Priscilla

Yes like you I weigh and count everything on fast days and weigh food that I am unsure of on NFD. I had to change the battery in my scales as I had worn it out!! 🙂

Sorry to hear about your heart attack, that really must concentrate the mind, what a shake up!! I hope you are now completely recovered. X

I have just had a nice hard conferee pence pear, from a tree in Pams garden, really nice, it is only one of those mini trees but it has a good amount of pears on.

I have heard email pinging away so may be back soon……

Ginette

Hi again Priscilla

Missed your size 10. Well done!! What a nice feeling.

Hi Beverley

That makes three of us up in the south. Quite a number, I was the only one for some time. Yes it’s good how tge appetite decreases, I noticed it after two or three weeks.

Tiger I am going to add a link below for you, I hope it helps.

Ginette

Tigerfeetneet. welcome to our little corner. x

Lots of very good tips and help here. This is a good way of life .. makes cutting down on calories and our size simpler. 2000 cals seems quite a lot ..mine is around the same as Priscilla’s. Good luck keep in touch.Xx

Wow Priscilla size 10 coat. I would wear it with the label outside. Lol
    Well done for giving up smoking. That is a very big thing not easy I know .. just wish my Kristy would. Good luck with todays FD.Xx

Hi Bev I don’t think intense stress instantly leaves us always lurking expecting something awful to come again.
    What with Priscilla size 10 and your decrease in food intake we will all be skinny minnies in no time. Lol

I have just had a bacon egg an mushroom crusty roll. I kept thinking of it since Ginette had it for lunch yesterday. ( Not a naughty white roll like me I don’t think} lol Xx

Hope everything is well with you all … Karen’s Mum .. Celtic C and Stu. and everyone else. Xx

Hi Hemmy

I love tiger bread once in a while……mmmm…… I hope you enjoyed it. X

Hi Ginette

Lol Couldn’t get that bacon and egg sandwich from my mind. Really enjoyed it too. Feel so full now .. can remember days when I would have happily eaten 2! Those days are gone forever .

Yes, I am being constantly told off for worrying. Always done it I doubt I could change now.
    You would have thought after losing two husbands suddenly and at very early ages I would just live for the day and not worry.
    I say it too my self but it doesn’t happen.Lol

Hope the weather bucks up for you as I know you don’t like the rain. Xx

Hemmy, so brave you come across. Life can deal us horrible blows. And dear Ginette always there also to help all. I now feel like a wimp!

Much love to you both as I am a worrier too. My doctor once said to me that some people are just worriers!

I shall share in one of those rolls tomorrow or possibly Friday as tomorrow is a fast day.

Hugs, Beverley

Ginette and Tiger that’s now 3 of us in the South. Hemmy Oxfordshire borders counts as South?

Not that it matters one hoot!

Beverley, You are doing brilliantly.. Noooooooo we cant have a bacon and egg roll club. Lolol

Yes. I’m in on being South .. even by a touch of the border.Lol

Must get something done now.. the day is running away with me. catch you all laters. Xx

Hi Hemmy and Beverley

I think it that is losing peopke that makes us worry more, you can try Paul McKenna dealing with stress if it gets too much. This really helped me. I had a situation I found it really difficult to cope with and it helped, the situation is ongoing but Paul McKenna is on my itunes so I shall listen to him again. I put the Cd on ITunes as it is easier than have a CD player plugged in.

I really think that an egg and bacon sandwich or roll, one in a while doesn’t harm us, there is a lot of protein there to keep us full.

Many vegetarians say that is one thing they miss. I don’t know if there is a vegetarian alternative.

Hi Celtic, how are things with you both?

Beverley, I’m not sure that talking about my bacon roll helps! But thanks anyway.

Ginette

Ginette,I love the idea of your egg and bacon roll and will fit it in some where. OK the Hemmy no roll club LOL.

I shall look into Paul McKenna as the last few years have been difficult. Many thanks. Hugs

Beverley
    p.s. I am in Berkshire

Good evening all. x

Another good day … stomach really shrinking. I noticed it this week more than ever.

Today had the now famous egg and bacon roll for lunch and since, just not very hungry. So just some fruit and yogurt this evening. Plus just had a milky coffee while watching Dr Foster. I enjoyed both.

Shopping day tomorrow so a bit of lunch out then FD Friday. Yay feel happiest I have felt for many a long day. Thanks everyone. Xx

Brit lovelies “Lets all choose wise and drop a size.” together it is possible. Xx

Finally got some nutritional yeast yesterday. We found 10 heads of broccoli for under £1.50 in Waitrose so made huge amounts of broccoli and cheddar soup. Stu doesnt like smooth soup so once I’d blended it I put best part of diced par boiledotatoes in too. We had it again tonight with a tin of butterbeans thrown in. Theres was still enough to put 10 half litre tubs into the freezer. Also found some tempeh rashers …made from fermented soy beans and have a sort of bacon flavour. Might use them tomorrow on FD main meal.

To stop myself panicking about Friday I have been getting stuff ready to make some roller blinds out of oil cloth. Its frustrating havent been able to finish them as the glue gun that arrived yesterday didn’t have any glue sticks. I did start the awful what if train of thought and nearly dint do anymorecwork on the blinds thinking this time next week we could be homeless. On the upside I havent been bingey.

Good morning all hope all is well with you and yours .x

Oh Celtic my heart goes out to you. What an awful strain on you both.
    I know its easy to sit here and say don’t worry but if you can just keep yourselves focused on the now it will be much better for your health.

Good that you are preparing to make the blinds and doing big cook ups .All good for the mind and body. We are always here for you .. vent anything out on us .. everyone has been through some upset.. trauma…at some time and can feel your pain/worry. Take care care both. XXXX

I cant believe how time is going so quickly. Darker now and thoughts of winter food on the mind when shopping today. Porridge oats maybe.

Hope everyone has a good day whether fasting or just being mindful.

Take care all you Brit lovelies Together we are not alone but a unit. xx

Celtic, may I echo what Hemmy has said. Thinking of you and Stu. x

FD today and I guess for Hemmy. The sun is shining here which is lovely. Feeling quite sprightly! A nice brisk walk is in order.

Hope the weather in Wales has picked up for you Audrey. I love Wales (preferably when sunny!).

Hope we all have a good day. Hugs all round.

Morning fellow brits

It’s a lovely sunny day here in anglesey. …

Celtic my heart goes out to you good luck for Friday, keep the faith if you have done nothing wrong then there is nothing for them to find. Stu is ill, you have presumably a medical history for him? Just keep calm explain about the neighbours I am sure they will understand, I went through something similar the other year when they decided I was fit for work? …… I won my case as my medical history was there for all the world to see….

Please shout out if you need us, you are not alone

Good luck everyone

Audrey

Morning Brit lovelies 🙂

Dull and drizzly here but had a lovely dog walk all the same!

Have read back thru the posts and have caught up on everyone’s news. Well done Beverley and Hemmy on your losses. Sorry if I’ve missed anyone else’s..there were a lot of posts!

Beverley..great to hear the news re Neil..such a boost for you both x

Celtic..thinking of you and Stu and hope all works out OK x it’s so hard not to worry about such a stressful situation x

Tiger..welcome!! Hope this WOL works well for you. There are some very knowledgeable and inspirational people on this forum to help you along the way.

Priscilla..so glad you enjoyed your holiday and no damage done. You’ll get back in the swing of things now so hope the scales are good for you.

Audrey..hope you’re having a fab time and glad to hear the weather has improved:-)

Ginette..hope all is good with you. You are brilliant at posting links..so informative.

Milena and Audrey..hats off to you doing the liquid fasts. Amazing staying power !!

I’m doing B2B FDs this week..yday and today..to get back on track after a lovely but indulgent w/e!

I’m so sorry if I’ve missed anyone out. Dolly, Monica..hope all going well for you.

No news re my Mum..the assessments will take a while and it’s not been 2 weeks yet.

Have a good day all and thanks so much for all your support..much appreciated xx

Love
    Karen
    Xx

Hi Hemmy

Well done on the shrinking, it is nice to actually feel it and see it in the clothes. I am making do with tge clothes that I have and just getting them taken in. When I have reached an acceptable size (in my eyes) I shall buy some new ones. I am lucky that I have kept clothes on the way up and sometimes bought some that were too small, as I am terrible at taking things back I can now start to benefit from them.

I love a bargain and once bought a really smart Jacket for £2, it was not anything that would fit me, or that I would even wear but I thought someone would be pleased by it as a gift. I still have it (somewhere) as I haven’t found a person who I think it will suit!! Madness…….I only ever did this once,…..

Who started this egg and bacon roll thing!!! 🙂

Ah well non fast day today, for another person hooked on Heck sausages. A friend’s daughter who is not on the forum but like me had a fair bit of weight to lose, she is doing well and although she has some problems she has lost half a stone now.

Beverley

You need to listen to PM for a few times and you should start feeling a difference. It doesn’t work for everybody but it certainly makes me fall asleep faster as well. I am in Hampshire.

Hi Celtic

That soup sounds lovely and just the job for a quick meal. I have bought some beans to blend int a soup but weather got warmer. On Tuesday night driving home it was 16 degrees about 11.30 so still warm enough.

I am sure that you are trying not to worry about Tomorrow, what a worry, do you even know why they have complained? I can remember being so worried about something once that I cleared my shed out, in the middle of the night!!

On a different note I remember making some blinds once, I painted Pinocchio on them as I used to run a restaurant called Pinocchios, this was many years ago and you have just brought it to mind. It all went really bad when the poll tax came out, the owners had to sell it. It was good for me as I had a career change and did something that I always wanted to, I went back to college and also worked part time with my Dad.

Yes Celtic, keeping busy will help and it is all positive things that you are doing. Why if neighbours are unhappy with people they don’t first try and speak to people is beyond me. Thinking of you both.

Hi again Hemmy

I have Docor Foster to watch, I did watch Bake Off, I only started watching last year, quite by accident. I am now hooked.

I am avoiding the news and having TV on a channel that I may see them talking about the outcome. I have had This morning on it the background as I see bake off contestants are on there and then I saw that they were going to talk about Dr Foster, I am now recording it but not watching it. I shall have to watch it soon as I know I will see it or hear from it somewhere if I don’t.

Hi Audrey

Thank goodness that you are having nice weather, 21.4 indoors here so not bad. I think it will be warmer outside but as I have a friend coming I won’t be out in it today. I see that the new TV series are starting to appear, the start of the longer nights and when the clocks go back even earlier ones. Why they still do this who knows.

Hi Karen these seem to be long processes, how is your mum coping with it?

Hi to all others, I hope the sun is shining for you.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 1,451 through 1,500 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.