Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,984 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 8 hours, 15 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,201 through 14,250 (of 35,471 total)

• Hedgehog and Pseu..

I have put this on here before..lovely to have one or two Only with a cuppa….lol..from a healthy website..

DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT BITES..

They are very tasty and you have to control yourself..

Anyone who likes coconut…like a bounty bar..

Definitely a recipe keeper..

This recipe makes hard work of it…my way was much easier…my silicone sweet mould was £1 from one of the cheap shops…it has 18 holes..I shall be buying another to make it easier….

I used maple syrup this time, the honey gives it a different taste apparently…

DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT BITES..(pinchofyum.. healthy website)

dark chocolate coconut bites
    ★★★★★
    4.8 from 44 reviews

Prep Time: 20 mins

Cook Time: 10 mins

Yield: 18…..130 cals

My Yield ..46….47 cals

( I made 46 but I put them into a silicone sweet mold, about as big as a large marble, mine were 47 calories each.)

DESCRIPTION

These dark chocolate coconut bites look like cute truffles and require just four ingredients. 130 calories of natural goodness…to their recipe.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups dessicated coconut
    4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
    5 tablespoons coconut oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    4 ounces dark chocolate for melting or milk chocolate ( I used double as smaller bites used more)

INSTRUCTIONS

Pulse the coconut in a blender or food processor until the texture becomes like thick flour. Transfer to a bowl and add the honey or maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until a thick paste forms.
    Using your hands, squeeze the mixture into about 18 small balls. I found that rolling was difficult because they weren’t sticky enough, but I was able to shape them into balls by first squeezing them in my palm a few times (you’ll get some oil on your hands), and then gently shaping it from an oval into a round ball. Place the coconut balls in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until firm. I could tell that mine were ready because there was a small white ring of solidified coconut oil around the base of each ball.
    Melt the chocolate slowly and gently until smooth and spreadable. We don’t have a microwave, so I had the best results melting this in a stainless steel bowl placed in a hot oven for about 10 minutes.
    Lay out a sheet of wax paper. Using two forks, roll each coconut ball in the chocolate until completely covered. Scoop the ball out with the fork and let the extra chocolate drip off the fork. Gently nudge the chocolate covered ball onto wax paper and chill until the chocolate has hardened. Store in the refrigerator. Can freeze.

NOTES
    It’s very important to use coconut oil because other oils won’t harden like coconut oil, and that hardening is what holds the shape together..

MY METHOD ..Easier than above….

I put everything in a glass bowl, broke the solid coconut oil down with a knife into the mixture, with fingers make into like breadcrumbs ( like pastry)…put into mould so it’s full and press down gently but not too much pressure. Put in fridge for 30 mins or freezer for 15 mins, roll into the melted chocolate until covered…put onto greasepoof paper in fridge for the chocolate to go hard.

When hard put in a plastic box with greasepoof paper on each layer. Store in fridge..

They are very tasty and you have to control yourself..enjoy

Jean x

My mouth is watering. Sounds delicious but a bit dangerous since I live on my own. I’ll make them around Christmas maybe so I can share them out a bit… as long as I don’t go feral and snatch them back. 😉

Argh…I managed to ignore this recipe last time…now it’s here to taunt me again!!
    Jean did you bother grinding the dessicated coconut or leave as is?
    Not for me of course, it’s erm for a friend 😀

How’s my fellow casters doing?
    So far I’ve just had black coffee, green tea and sugar free squash.
    I’ll have another coffee in a bit with some skimmed milk, to keep me going til tea time. Not sorted out what to have yet.

It’s grey and miserable here…yuk

Hedgehog..
    Glad you liked the jam..I keep mine for about 8 days but only me eating it…we sometimes have it on scones with cream then Steve has a dabble without knowing…I am not sure about porridge without oats?? You must have a go with the mixed frozen berries really tasty…from Iceland 3 bags for £5 on offer…

Pseu..
    Strange how you get the weeks when it doesn’t flow and you are extra hungry…then other weeks it’s a breeze..

Enjoy the cinema tonight…

Kay…
    How are you doing…are going for a back to back??…hope better than yesterday…😀

It’s strange Steve’s weight loss…keeping an eye on him…might be a just a holiday thing….I have stopped his daily banana and sweetners in his tea…although he is back to one spoon of real sugar….I will be amazed if he looses another pound on Friday…watch this space…

Well I think it’s cuppa time….

Jean x

Another successful fast today for me, hope everyone else is getting on OK.

My initial plan was to do a Monday/Thursday fast, but quite like getting rid of them early on in the week. Not brave enough to attempt two days in a row. Hoping for a decent return on the scales tomorrow.

Tonight’s food will be super chicken noodle soup, minestrone soup and a small pasta pot. May be naughty and swap the pasta pot for a biscuit and packet of crisps. Might be good and not have the pasta pot at all to give me a 360cals day.

Off work tomorrow, so I can enjoy some food and relaxation. Keep going, folks!

Kay…
    Glad you are surviving…hope you have a nice dinner..😀

Tell your friend just desiccated as it is….I shall make some for Christmas …we are having a ‘very very low’ favourite chocolate couple of things…. buying supermarket trolleys full for us is a thing of the past…eating stuff till June!!!

Can’t believe 10 weeks to Christmas….

Pseu..
    We have just two with a cuppa…Steve won’t leave them alone so I can’t make them at the minute ☹️

Dave…
    Have a lovely day off work tomorrow…good luck on weigh in…

We are fasting tomorrow…hedgehog, Kay, DF…we are stronger together…

Jean x

Mmmm- been good but very hungry today! And now reading the coconut balls recipe… And have just watched Eat Well For Less so that’s not helped (but I like to watch it to see families who have even more finicky eaters than in my family! We never all eat the same meal…). Had 30 mins exercise bouncing on the trampoline with my friend’s autistic toddler- she giggled the whole time, very repetitive with whatever she plays with so she wouldn’t let me off! My friend was very nice and said the weight loss shows, but I don’t think it does!
    Am still planning to do tomorrow as well, but it will be hard, and niece’s cake to bake, then decorate on Friday.

Hi. Quick post before bed. Had good day at work followed by evening on project. Made little progress. Oh well. FD tomorrow. Not losing weight. Just seem to be in survival mode again. No motivation for gym. Oh dear.

Evening everyone

Fasts seem to have gone well today for everyone, but I’ve been hungry as well today, though coming in at around 300 cals. Next week I’m going to plan my fasts at the weekend and stick to them, I’ve been too indecisive this week and it’s made it harder.

Hedgehogs, glad I’m not the only one who seems to be running a café, which generally I don’t mind, but it does make fast days a bit more challenging.

Jean, those coconut treats sound delicious, but I’m going to try and hold out until Christmas, so will probably need the recipe again (sorry Kay).

Rowena, don’t be too hard on yourself, you’ve got a lot on at the moment. I think to lose weight you have to be mentally in the right place and you seem to be struggling at the moment, so just tread water for a while and let us support you.

Dietician visit was alright yesterday. She’s accepted that I’m doing what I can to encourage Phil to eat and is going to just monitor his weight. Parents evening was also a delight. I know it’s as bad for the teachers as the parents, but there has to be a better system. I work (when I’m there) as a change implementation analyst so can’t help but try to improve ‘broken processes’. Only about one minute of the 5 minutes spent with each teacher is pupil specific, the rest is generic about exams and course work. There seems to be a lot of wasted time and a lot of standing in queues, but got out in about an hour and a half so not too bad. One day I’ll come up with a better solution.

Sorry for going on.

Just finishing my last coffee and looking forward to my porridge tomorrow. Next fast planned for Friday.

Good luck anyone fasting tomorrow.

Lynne x

Second FD of the week done. Phew. Aiming for one on Friday too, not done three in a week before, can’t say I’m looking forward to it. Not weighed, I only weigh about once a month, I feel bigger but I don’t think I actually am since all my clothes are fitting the same, I suspect it’s just psychological. Going out to the cinema after work definitely helped make the evening fasting easier.

Morning All…

At 1 am…can’t sleep..sat having a hot milky drink!

Hedgehog…
    Easy baking the cake on a FD…icing Friday…no problem….I don’t mind baking on a FD..Steve can’t stand the smells…lol..he says its cruel…

Rowena…
    It gets like that sometimes…just keep going it will move again..it’s how you are feeling….coast a bit until you feel better you have lots on at the moment..

Lynne…
    Well you made it through…well done at 300 cals…fasting on a weekend will that be easy?

Glad the visit went well..you look like you already had it in hand…

As for parents evening..my daughter said it would be better to stand in front of everyone and speak collectively as she just repeats her self..still she does 4/5 year olds..it will be different from the older ones.

Pseu…
    I am sure your body will be changing….may be another month till you notice….don’t know how you manage without jumping on the scales…I couldn’t resist..lol

DF..
    How’s the glasses going…any better?

Well I am already supposed to be fasting and sat having an Ovaltine…I have been very good this week….so I will ignore it…lol..I have got 33,000 steps in since Monday so on a roll…my poor arthritis toes knows about it!

Night night

Jean x

Morning- thought I might be the first one on this morning as can’t sleep, but you beat me to it, Jean! Are your FDs done for the week now?
    Pseudo- I can’t resist sneaking on the scales after every fast day, I couldn’t wait for a month! Glad yesterday wasn’t too bad.
    Rowena- It’s taken me nearly 3 years to get into the right frame of mind to be doing this for more than a few weeks (it’s week 6 now!) If you’re under a lot of stress and keeping weight steady at least then that sounds good to me. What’s the project about?
    Lynne- I dread the parents evening too- only have 1 son’s to go to now, thankfully. It’s mayhem! Thankfully the school have changed the system from the students making the appointments themselves (strangely the boys didn’t ever manage to get many!!) to being able to book them online! I like your café description! How old are your ‘children’? And so hard sticking to this with the stress you have & trying to get hubby to eat…
    DF- how’s things going for you?

Morning all,

Jean, hope you managed to get to sleep in the end. Glasses are much better now thanks, it took me a while but I think I’m adjusting okay now. Able to wear them all day, which is what I was told to do 🙂

I’m fasting today … lets all make it a good one 🙂

Back later xx

Morning All..
    A dull start this morning…

Trying to get my things together for our couple of days away…and I really need to get my glasses adjusted…

I had a hour up then I did sleep on returning to bed…no idea why…I usually sleep well.

Scales don’t look good for me this morning at all..when ever I try hard it never seems to work..hope they are better for weigh in tomorrow …

We are fasting today as usual…thinking on chicken salad for tonight…

You veggie people on here….I picked up a good veggie site a while ago (although I do eat meat)..it’s a healthy site …I quite like her attitude and way of thinking…’pick up limes’ by Sadia…..she has videos to watch, she does lots of recipes, lunch box ideas for work, breakfasts….you can click on her site and she sends e mails occasionally…worth a look…

Breakfast calling or gaffer tape not sure…lol

Have a good day everyone ….especially the fasters let’s make it a good one…

Jean x

Quick poll folks- when you exercise do you find you can use the burned calories as an effective way of stuffing your face without putting on weight?

For example, if you had a dinner party to attend where you know you’re going to eat 2000 cals, would a 1000cal exercise blast on the same day accurately offset the grub you eat later?

I never find that exercise makes me lose or maintain weight.

Morning everyone!

That’s for that site Symba, I could really do with some new veggie ideas!

Scotland – Nah. I think exercise is a good addition on top of what you’re already doing, but if it’s being used to offset a splurge it doesn’t really work. I don’t think exercise really works at all unless it’s done regularly, so just doing it now and again to offset something won’t be all that effective. You’re probably better off eating what you want for a day, writing it off, and then trying to be good the rest of the week in my opinion.

Morning everyone

DF, good luck with today’s fast, hope work is busy to keep you occupied.

Jean, I had just gone to bed when you were drinking your Ovaltine. We started watching The Green Mile at 9pm and I forgot how long the film is, but one of my favourites so I don’t mind.

Dave, I’d go with Pseudo’s suggestion and just write off a splurge, but try to be careful for the rest of the week. Exercise is great for health and wellbeing, but I don’t think it has such a positive impact on weight loss.

Hedgehogs, our youngest is just about to turn 16, so in Year 11 and only got one appointment, most teachers were saying to just turn up. Hopefully the parents evening will be a bit more organised in 6th form college. Our eldest daughter is 19 so just starting 2nd year of uni. How old are your boys?

Well, just about to break my fast with some porridge. I don’t understand how I was so hungry yesterday but I can wait until lunch today before I eat.

Back now to do some more decorating preparation, feels like it will never end.

Lynne x

Dave…
    No exercise counts..only for health benefits…shame really..

Pseu..
    I think she is good…going towards a vegan, no idea if that would be classed as veggie..lol..I find I tweek it to suit me…as we all do. She is a nutritionist going to a healthy lifestyle…no calorie counting, going with your body…she has quite a few u tube videos some better than others…

Lynne…
    Good luck with the decorating…nothing for us at the moment….late night up for you…I know you sit with Phil for company…

Off shopping now keep away from food….

Jean x

I completed my FD yesterday and Im on another today….or at least as low as possible.

I too was awake in the night….Ellie (my dog) isnt well and she was up and about unsettled and appeared in distress. She finally fell back asleep and then woke a couple of hours later being the same and was sick.
    Trip to vets and she is back on the steroid tablets as he thinks the lymphoma has flared up again and her skin/body has inflammation/irritation. Also have some ear drops for her. Poor thing has only just settled to have a sleep after much pacing and going from sofa to floor to upstairs repeatedly but only for 30 secs at a time.

We are both tired from being awake half the night. I should have been in work but took the day off.

Will take a look at that website Jean.

Well done to fasters yesterday. Good luck to fasters today.

Back later x

Hi All….

We are both doing OK…Steve busy in the garage…I went out looking for baking things…I needed a couple of more trays for my coconut bites when I do them again …they are actually ice cube trays…in Morrisons now at 30 p each on offer..small round ideal 18 holes….shredded coconut seems to be non existent at the moment went into 6 supermarkets!…I had enough in for my muesli in the end …

Glasses seem to be better..see how they go…they have been really hurting..

The assistant in the opticians lifted my spirits….she thought I was 56 the same age as her…she said she was shocked when I said 69 next…lol…she hasn’t seen me walking limping along with Steve….

Cooking my Muesli ….before my chicken going in…a busy day…

Kay…
    Sorry Ellie isn’t too good..hoping she settles and improves…let’s hope the steroids kick in and you both sleep tonight..💕💕good luck on your FD day goes well…hard when there’s upsets…

Jean x

Kay, hope you’ve had a chance to have a nap and that Ellie has managed to settle. She’s such a fighter I’m sure she’ll pick up when the steroids kick in.

Hi. Fasted all day then stupidly ruined things when i got home. No idea why really. Just feeling stressed.
    Hedgehogs the project is all relating to leadership. Has to relate to a whole school priority. Mine is about students who have English as an additional language. School priority is to improve achievement with this group but in art achievement is already good prob as it’s a visual language. However that doesn’t make someone good technically just that they might understand easier than written subjects.
    Tomorrow I have to meet with that boy who kicked off a few weeks ago and who swore at me. He’s been working elsewhere since during my lessons but I’ve got to have him back. I said only if a meeting takes place first with me, him and someone senior. So it’s at 840am tomorrow followed by him being in my lesson from 11-1240. So anxious. I’ve started the really enjoy the lesson without him. I can’t relax when he’s there. And a few others are silly when he’s there too.
    Oh well fingers crossed.

Rowena…
    Hope it goes ok for you and he behaves his self….

Soon be weekend..

Jean x

Rowena- I’m with you- fasted all day & ruined it a bit this evening! You have a good reason- that project sounds really tricky, and to do it well a real major piece of work! And the stress of having that lad back in your lessons- I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow.
    My eldest is safely back from Coventry and had an amazing day driving all sorts of high spec cars- he’s like a kid in a sweet shop. Next worry for me is his drive to Lincoln tomorrow after his long day at work…
    My niece’s cake is done and looks pretty good, if I do say so myself! (I normally find something to criticise when I do a cake, unusual for me to be pleased!). But it was my down fall- I couldn’t resist having a try of the cake trimmings and oreo buttercream! I couldn’t be bothered to do the recipe I’d planned for dinner for myself, so had just had a bowl of cereal for my dinner- not healthy! Feel sick now too… Have also hurt my back- hopefully just muscular- but I did do my voluntary work today and hopefully will be able to work tomorrow morning.
    Kay- I hope that your dog improves quickly with the steroids, and that you both get a better night’s sleep!
    DF- hope your fast was better than mine!

Morning All…
    Up very early before the weather….lol

I slept better last night I really hate restless nights..

All packed and nearly on the road…maybe awol till Sunday but hoping I can pop by…with small posts..😀

I have 2 lbs off this week……..Steve….drum roll please…4 lbs off…..he has lost 3 lbs holiday weight plus another.
    I am really pleased hoping stopping his banana and sweetners is going to kick start him…he has been chasing this one pound for ever!!!

Kay..
    Hoping Ellie is a bit better and holding her own today…

Hope everyone has a great weekend..in this lovely sunny weather…made the most of it..

Jean x

Morning all,

Rowena, thinking of you this morning. I really hope the meeting goes well and things settle down with the boy in question. He sounds awful! Let us know how it goes xx

Hope everyone’s okay this morning. Yesterday at work I actually got a comment on my weight loss, I couldn’t believe it. No one has said anything so far, despite me losing 18lbs! It was so lovely to hear and helped me enormously with my FD 🙂

I’m glad its Friday, hope everyone has some nice things planned for weekend. The weather is supposed to be okay I think.

xx

Have a good weekend Jean!
    DF- well done losing 18lbs, glad someone has noticed!

18lb is an excellent achievement, well done!

Who else is fasting today?
    I’ve just had a coffee so far, so I’m doing pretty well. I’m just tired more than anything. An unpleasant find in my bag of carrot batons means I’ll be eating less of those this evening, which is normally the main thing I munch on on a FD. Perhaps I’ll just have some soup instead.

Afternoon All…
    We have finished the three clues for today and settling into Hotel..it’s very nice as after we had booked it there were some bad reviews on Tripadvisor.. so unfounded.

Dinner tonight and a drink.. looks like three days off plan but no problem.

DF..
    Really pleased someone has noticed the weight loss..I think it just suddenly shows 😀

Pseu..
    Shame about the carrots..have a good fast

Jean x

Hi. Thanks for support. Meeting was challenging as he is so damaged mentally due to his background he showed no remorse and didn’t know why I would be upset with his behaviour. The people in the meeting were great and I said my bit too. The lesson went fine. A colleague supported me and sat with him fir some of the lesson and i sat him by a girl who he is friends with who gets on well with me. Hopefully she will help keep him behaving appropriately. Very long day and really need to do some work on my project before oh arrives home after a week in Czech Republic but I’m not sure I can. The deadline is looking though. Grrr!!

Hi all,

Well Ellie went down hill yesterday and was clearly in distress and I didnt know why, apart from there being a clear problem with her skin, like a hives reaction.
    In the end went back to the vets and they gave her 2 injections and treated her for severe allegic reaction, like anaphylactic shock. Dont know what the cause was though, very weird. Anyway she was knocked out for the evening and overnight and just slept. We got much needed sleep too.
    Today, I took another day off as I couldnt leave her on her own but she has been much better, almost back to her usual self, just still a bit sleepy. Im sooo relieved, that was horrible. I dont know if it was connected to the skin lymphoma or her irritated ears or something else completely. Anyway we are through it. Neil is almost over his cold too!

I did manage a FD/low day yesterday and weigh in this morning after a long lie in (maybe thats the answer..lol) is 1lb down which takes me to T-3 (where T is the lowest weight I got to earlier this year.
    Today is last day of week 2 of October Onslaught and I have managed to avoid the crackers and crisps!
    Week 3 starts tomorrow and I have yet to decide on my next 7 day mission. Im thinking 2 meals a day only and no snacks/zero calories in between, unless fasting of course.
    I only have 2 weeks to go until my week away with family in a cottage so want to be the lowest I can be for then!

Rowena, glad the meeting went ok in school. Hopefully the boy will be a little more settled and less disruptive.
    Dont worry about yesterdays fast, remember this is a way of life so on to the next day.
    You too hedgehogs.

Pseu, how has the day gone in spite of the yukkie find in the carrot batons.

Jean, enjoy your weekend. You will have to explain more about this treasure hunt and clues??!!

Dave, how have the last couple of days been?

DF, how fabulous when someone remarks on how you look. Well done!

Lynne, hows things with you? All ok?

MJ you’re quiet?

Are the newbies still with us??

Have a good weekend all. Catch you tomorrow x

Evening All..
    Really stuffed but enjoyed the meal and three wines😬😬
    Really lovely and romantic.. 💕

Kay…
    I am really really pleased about Ellie hope she’s turned a corner…

As our treasure hunt..from April till the end of October.. we have clues in every county, England, Scotland and Wales we have to take a photo of the bike and clue.. could be a old bridge, fountain, today one was a statue of a horse…we have to research the clue as you don’t get a lot of information..one of today’s was…St Michaels Arch… Eye ..Norfolk
    We have only done about 30 this year out of 200..a slow year.. you can do as little or all ..it’s up to you but it gives you a direction for a ride out.

Have a lovely weekend..

Jean x

Evening everyone

Pseudo, I’ve been fasting today as well, not been too bad. Hope you found something to eat to replace the carrot batons.

Jean, if I had 3 glasses of wine I’d be on my back these days. Glad you’re having a nice evening and hope you have a lovely weekend.

Kay, such a relief that Ellie is picking up and you managed to catch up on your sleep.

Rowena, hopefully this is the end of your problem with the troublesome pupil. Try and relax this weekend with OH.

Not long now for those of us who are fasting. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lynne x

DF, well done on the 18lb. It’s so nice when someone notices, just what you need on a FD.

The treasure hunt sounds fun! I’ve always wanted to try geo-caching but no one to go with unfortunately.

Morning All..

Suns just getting up..and going down for breakfast..

A couple of clues today.. into Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire ..

Lynne..
    I must say the wine wasn’t worth the calories.. really appalling… I did change to red martini and a dash of lemonade .. still red!

Still three glasses a bit much when supposed to be alcohol free 😂..A bit more tonight..

Pseu..
    I have done a couple of city walking treasure hunts with a work team build..
    We really like this one it’s on every year.. Steve has done it for about 22 years.. I have for 15 years..

Must get moving..

Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- glad you’re enjoying the weekend, and happy hunting!
    Kay- glad Ellie seems better, all sounded weird…
    Rowena- glad that the meeting and lesson went better than expected, hope OH has had a good week and have a nice weekend!
    Pseudo- hope your FD survived the carrot-baton-gate!
    Had a lovely meal last night with family for niece’s birthday, didn’t eat too much, nothing like as much as I normally would! Hubby’s birthday today, but feel really bad as my back’s still really painful, so can’t do much. 😥

Afternoon everyone

Frustrated this morning when stepped on the scales – 1.5lb up from last week, even 0.1lb up on a FD. I know it’s probably water and food in transit, but still annoying and bring me back to T-4.5. Still, a new week has started and determined to lose that 4.5lb by the end of the month.

Jean, hope you have a good day hunting. Looks like you’ve chosen a good weekend weather wise.

Hedgehogs, take it easy today with your bad back. The meal yesterday sounds a success and enjoy hubby’s birthday.

Food shopping soon so need to plan FD for next week.

Speak later

Lynne x

Evening All..
    We have done anther 180 miles going through loads of different counties.. two clues done today.. arrived at hotel had a swim and sauna.. sat outside having a drink st 6 pm in short sleeves just can’t believe this weather in October.

Two more clues tomorrow and heading back home… had two naughty days must get back on track… morning breakfast and maybe that’s it for the day !!

Fasting Monday…

Hedgehog..
    Hope you had a lovely birthday with hubby.. rest up with your back..,

Lynne..
    You may get a bigger loss next week keep going… so annoying..

Night night

Jean x

Jean, who organises the thing you do? Is it for bikers?

Pseu, me and Neil are into geocaching….its our main hobby 😉

Morning. Well things really haven’t turgid out as expected. Couldn’t do any work on Friday night as my brain was just frazzled. OH got home safe and that was great. I was up at 7am yesterday as couldn’t get back to sleep thinking about this bl@@dy project so got up and did a few hours before OH got up. Great. We them went to town to get a few things but ur was so madly just couldn’t park. Then thought we’d go to get the furry one. And that’s when it all changes. Both really excited to see her and looking forward to a lovely day together I overhead the owner of the kennel say they’d had to take her to the vet. My heart sank. Something to do with eye amongst other stuff. Sh Anyway we got home and OH wanted to look her over before we took her to our vets. I gog a treat for her and when she ate it she yelped. I tried another and the same happened. So within the hour we were in vets. Checked over antibiotics and anti inflammatory injection later with a prescription and we were home. Back on Monday for further investigation. She seems ok in herself now but clearly there’s something not right. Eye area is puffy and issue with mouth. Hoping to go for a forest walk away from people and noise and just enjoy fresh air today.

Rowena- I hope that she improves and that the vets find out what’s wrong- hopefully it’s something simple.
    Jean- you’ve got straight back on track after your US trip so a weekend away shouldn’t make too much difference!
    My weekend’s not gone to plan either- back was too painful to go out yesterday with hubby, so hobbled about at home. Youngest son should’ve worked, but hubby took him and he’d got the wrong date, the wally! So he was bored at home instead! He’s out with army cadets today, so we do have a peaceful day… but back seems worse- was planning to get back on track with ADF today (after birthday cake & sharing hubby’s chocolates yesterday!) but taking ibuprofen which upsets my stomach, so need to eat with that…
    Hopefully back on track next week!

Afternoon All..

Sorry I am late…a quick pack and off this morning…..back safe and sound another two clues today ..altogether about 550 miles…a lovely weekend not too hot for us…

A very eating weekend, we had a good breakfast and I have just said a very light dinner tonight something on toast maybe…we have had no lunch….a pull back…

Kay…
    The treasure hunt is for motor cycles or three wheel cycle or car…….it is called ‘ Round Britain Rally’ it’s on line…I think it’s £25 pound fee..runs from Easter till end of October …a guy David runs it and has run it from when it started maybe 24 or 25 years…there’s a dinner and prize giving and catch-up with others, a crappy cup given…but it’s fun…like you a hobby….with the caravan we don’t have the time to do as many clues as we once did.

Hope Ellie is good…

Rowena…
    Hope your furry one settles down and gets better soon….

Hedgehog..
    Hope you get better soon…you are with the furry ones….lol

We must get straight back on track now until Xmas….even if away with the caravan we must stay strong!

Cleaning all the biking clothing stuff for the winter..washer on..a bit of mending here and there…boots polished…already to go then….😀

Jean x

We are fasting tomorrow….anyone else joining…mass fast?

Jean x

Usual Monday fast for me. Going to attempt a Tuesday fast too to get it out of the way.

I’m being FORCED to take a young person I work with to Pizza Hut for lunch at the end of the week. Will have to grin and bear it haha (nom nom).

I’m fasting tomorrow Jean & Dave. (Forced to go to Pizza Hut- you poor thing!)
    Jean- you did so well to get straight back into FDs after your trip- I’ve had the weekend off, and it feels daunting… Stomach’s not happy after having chocolate and ibuprofen I think, the gaviscon is calling…

Morning,

I’ll be joining the fast today 🙂

xx

Morning All…

A dull day but supposed to reach 21 degrees…

Up at 8 am a bit of an early start…..with fasting a busy day planned, house cleaning, some ironing for me…keep the boy busy…..

We have 4 very thoughtful food days planned then if Steve’s good he can have his homemade pastie on Friday….lol

Dave…
    It’s hard being forced into a pizza…hope you are a good boy all week too??….lol

Hedgehog..
    Hope you are feeling better….over indulging can make you feel so unwell…birthdays and holidays get in the way…😬

DF…
    Glad you are with us..

Kay and Rowena…
    How are the furry ones….getting better……

Kay…
    Missed your pound off well done…going down….

Lynne and Pseu…
    How are you doing are you with us today?

Let’s have a good mass Monday guys….a good few missing still…when is Minols back?

Jean x

Morning everyone

Really dark here at the moment, just had to put the lights back on so must be due a storm.

Totally overindulged on Saturday, even broke my no sugar rule and had some ice cream, a real stress eat. So fasted yesterday and just had roast chicken and salad and have dropped back to my Saturday morning weight so have eliminated the result of the splurge.

Not planning on fasting today and don’t like back to back, but I am going to keep it around 1000 calories.

Jean, sounds like you had a good weekend away and have a plan for the week.

Hedgehogs, hope your stomach has settled down. I’m sure you won’t have any problem getting back into it.

Dave, wish someone would force me to go to Pizza Hut. Are we talking the unlimited buffet? Ah, the memories! The damage shouldn’t be too bad if you have a fairly restrained week.

DF, hope the fast goes well and work keeps you busy.

Lynne x

Afternoon all!

Yup, I’m fasting today too. Seems the best day for it since I’ll be out of the house until late. Going fine so far, but I started work a bit later today so it feels earlier than it is.

I’m going to a new class this evening – trying out kickboxing so we’ll see how that goes. 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 14,201 through 14,250 (of 35,471 total)

You must be logged in to reply.