Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,951 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 8 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,251 through 14,300 (of 35,438 total)

• Hi everyone 🙂

Hope the fasters are going well, half way there now 🙂

The weather is so strange today, really dull like a storm is brewing and so humid. I went for a walk at lunchtime and it had such an eerie feel to it! Hope the rain/wind wait till I get home later. Not keen on driving in it.

I’m sure work is tuned in on my FD’s to make it more difficult! Quiet again lol. Hopefully will be busier tomorrow (when I can eat!!)

Stay strong everyone xx

Afternoon All…

We are both doing OK…we have done some housework…and picked up some fresh salad stuff for tonight…decided on a pork chop this evening…

Going to make one of my favourite sides…peaches, celery and apple chopped up small with mayonnaise…Steve likes a touch of coleslaw….all counted of course….

We have found some of Steve’s dads imperial measurements tools, spanners and sockets in the garage….all a bit rusty so trying to bring them back to life…grandson is wanting some for his tool kit as he deals with American machinery…on line it says soak them in vinegar for 48 hours…so hope it works…keeps us busy…

Lynne…
    We pulled back a bit yesterday..we did 1000 cals…hope your day goes well…

Pseu…
    Enjoy your kick boxing…something different…

DF…
    The weather is strange here very calm but a bit on the dark side…odd colours….keep strong if not busy…

Jean x

Weird weather here too – was a dark yellow sky this morning, but it’s brightened up and turned sunny now. Pretty warm out too.

FD going okay for me today… back not good this morning but okay now. Using ibuprofen gel instead of the tablets. Did have some soup lunchtime, normally don’t eat anything. Not sure what I’ll have tonight…
    Pseudo- I used to love kickboxing, haven’t been able to do it for a while. Hope you have fun!!
    DF- hope you survive your quiet work day!
    Jean- hope the tools come out well from the vinegar. I use it to get the limescale off taps- stinks the house out though!

Fast has went ok today, although felt hungrier than normal. Got my 600 cals to use tonight so I’m glad I stuck with it.

Going to attempt another FD tomorrow. I have back to back to back to back meetings so prob won’t get a chance to eat during the day anyway!

Good luck everyone!

Glad everyone is doing well….we are OK too…

Just going to have our pork chop and salad…then that’s it for us…

Good luck to all…

Jean x

Anyone NOT tried Knorr’s super chicken noodle soup yet? It’s my staple for FDs! Delish and given it’s 900ml of liquid, filling too!

Nope, not tried it. What are the calories? I’ve been having chicken or mushroom cup-a-soups on days when I’m struggling.

Made watercress falafel for myself- they were yum! Sorry Jean- your pork chops and salad don’t make my mouth water, ‘Knorr’ your soup Dave! (excuse the pun!!)
    DF- are you okay tonight?

Hedgehog…
    Ummm sorry don’t think I could be a veggie…each to their own…and Dave not for me..

The days gone very good….I like my fasting days, the way you feel…missed them while away….I am just not strong enough around other people…you feel you have to be social especially when they are cooking..

DF..all quiet… you OK?

Jean x

Evening!

Hope the fasters did ok today? My turn tomorrow? Apart from Dave who is doing b2b, anyone else?

As usual Im chasing the gain from the weekend 😀

This week Im restricting snacks and having just 2 meals a day, apart from fasting and then its just the 1.

Rowena, how is the furry one?

Ellie is back to herself now, so panic over and Im actually going to decrease her steroids as I dont think she needs to be on them. The vet restarted them as he thought the skin problems were related to a flare up of her lymphoma which it wasnt.

Hope everyone is ok after the high winds today. We had just a bit of a blowy day here, nothing much.

I know Audreys not here with us at the moment, but to use her phrase….together we are stronger…x

They shut off a section of the M4, took me forever to get home. >:(

Pseudo- did you miss the kickboxing class then?

Morning all,

Sounds like everyone had a great FD yesterday!

Dave, good luck with the b2b .. not easy! I’m sure you can do it 🙂

Pseu, sorry you had a horrible journey home. I can sympathise, I have a horrible commute every day and it only takes something like the weather to cause havoc!! Hope today is better.

Kay, so glad Ellie’s feeling better, such a relief for you 🙂

Jean, glad you had a successful day. Are you and Steve with me Thursday?

Hedgehogs, I’m not a veggie, but really like falafel!

My day went well yesterday, although was rough with work being so quiet and me constantly thinking about food lol. I can eat today, but will try and keep it low. I really want to dig deep leading up to Christmas, it will be nice to go out and celebrate and actually feel comfortable in what I’m wearing!

Lynne, thinking of you .. hope your doing okay. Keep in touch 🙂

Glad the wind has died down a bit today, last night driving home was really scary! I was so relieved to get in and shut the door for the night!

Have a great day everyone, fasting or otherwise.

Together we’re stronger 🙂 xx

Thanks- this is my first attempt at b2b so hoping it goes well. I have a crazy busy day, but I feel really tired this morning. Probably more to do with a poor quality sleep rather than having a FD yesterday.

I put on 4lbs over the weekend and have shifted 2 of them yesterday. Will feel a lot better if I shift the other 2 today. Otherwise, I will have to resort to eating 1000 cals a day for the rest of the week.

Good luck to anyone else fasting today.

Morning All…
    Really sunny and blue sky here…

Steve going for an eye test…so another expense….lol

We were fine yesterday but keeping it low today…I have had a good week with my new Fitbit about 8 days now over 10,000 steps every day 😀…before sometimes as low as 4,000 😬

Kay…
    Plan of attack ongoing….really pleased Ellie is coming around and much better…

Pseu…
    Step daughter is usually working the M4… but M5 yesterday she is a traffic officer…the ones you curse for shutting the motorway…

DF…
    Yes we will be fasting Thursday…a few weeks yet to Xmas ..hoping to move some weight by then…it seems to have come round quick this year….6 weeks and everything will be going back up again…

Scotland…
    Good luck on the b2b…I don’t think you will notice the difference if you are busy…just another FD….we have done a few but like to separate the days I think it’s more beneficial…give it a go everyone’s different…

Have a good day…

Jean x

Hedgehogs – Yep, didn’t get back home until way after the class had started. I’ll have to try again next week.

I was relieved to see that the M4 was open again this morning! To be fair I don’t think they had much choice, the main part they closed was a long, high bridge which is completely open to the coast, and on one of the smaller bridges that was still open I could feel the road shaking. :S

Have any of you fasted around Christmas before?

Pseu..
    This will be our third time this year on 5.2…and have done two when we first started the diet in 2012..
    (5 in all)

Each year we buy less and less…sometimes chocolate, biscuits, etc used to last till June!

At the very beginning 2012 the tree went up 1st Dec ..we declared Xmas and we used to start on a pile of chocolates….which had to be bought again..I saved the Xmas wrappers for my daughters class to do art things with the silver paper..I took two peddle bin liners full…someone said who ate all the sweets what an embarrassment….and we were both fat too!! It hits home….lol

We will have Xmas day only off as we are with family and it would be a FD …Boxing Day thoughtful, FD Thursday as usual.

Last few years we have told people no sweets for presents and we have bought three very small boxes of our very favourite things ourselves to enjoy……I think this year it will be two bars of Aldi chocolate each and that’s it…

I won’t be cooking dinner so for us turkey breast and ham to eat through the holiday period…to make it easy..

Our sweet tooth is disappearing…if you go mad you are chasing the Xmas pounds to come off for the month and more!!

Think carefully

Everybody usually disappears on here as people are busy with families but I continue to post..I think last year I was just talking to Vi from Holland who was with us….

Jean x

Handy tips, thank you. 🙂
    Aside from a couple of Christmas parties spread out over the month it’s only really half of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day I’ll have any company. I’ll have to make sure there isn’t too much left over, and maybe do three FDs for a few weeks to make sure there is nothing to worry about. Last year we cut down a lot, there is normally enough left over to feed an army, and though there were a few chocolates lingering about it was nowhere near the quantity that’s usually left.

Pseu..
    We don’t do parties these days might catch up with friends for lunch…if you are doing parties it’s easy to move FD’s before and maybe after to suit….

Really Xmas day you feel so stuffed with dinner…that’s usually it for the day….it’s all eating gifts or what you buy or make and for others, Xmas cake, mince pies and alcohol …

I freeze mince pies, scones and small apple pies…so you can defrost as you want…for yourself or visitors..I shall do my coconut bites and I make something like a ferro rocha, and also dates with marzipan ..all last a couple of weeks, just small mouth fulls ..and different.

You will be fine just keep thoughtful.

Jean x

I change my FDs around a fair bit anyway depending on what I’m up to, fitting in set days would be too much of a challenge. Do you do set days? Do you find that easier?

We do Monday and Thursday …I really hate changing them…if anybody tries to see us on FD’s I always say we have something planned those days…😂…I am awful….I get the look from Steve….lol..but he knows..

Occasionally we have too but I find it’s not a good week it just throws me…

Xx

First ever back to back was absolutely fine to be honest. Still haven’t eaten anything. Going to get something around 7.30pm.

Glad you’ve found it okay, Dave. Enjoy your food tonight!
    My non-FD hasn’t been great- I had a lunch-time meeting, got a bit peckish, only I was right near the plate of biscuits, 4 got eaten by me!! Not a very healthy lunch, but I’m on track to be at my TDEE. I normally try to be just over the BMR figure- those ‘3 days off’ have thrown me!! FD tomorrow, I’ll be good then and try to plan the non-FDs better!

Hello everyone. Just joined and looking for some buddies to keep me motivated. Will be keeping an eye on the posts to try and learn how all this works.

Hi Kate..
    Welcome to our thread…loads of help if you need it…keep popping by, join in and get to know us.

What days are you fasting….we ( hubby) do Monday and Thursday …everybody does different…someone is always about ….shout if you need help or support..

Jean x

Hi Kate! I’m fasting tomorrow- what days are you doing? (I’m doing alternate fast days)

Thanks! I am going to do Tuesday and Thursday I think, although a bit of flexibility will be required due to job/kids etc.

Hello 😀
    I have been using intermittent fasting on and off for a while, usually doing OMAD or 36-48hr fasts. I am fasting on Thursday this week, and have quite a full-on day that day so probably won’t have much time to miss my meals. Its the slow days that I struggle with, or ones when I am bored doing something long or repetitive.

A few of us will be doing Thursday..another light day for us tomorrow..

Xx

Hi Kate, welcome! 😀

I’m fasting tomorrow since I’m off to the cinema and won’t be home until late again.

Great to have you on board Kate!

Ive had a successful FD today, next one is Thursday. So yes Im joining the mass fast.
    Tomorrow is a NFD with just 2 meals and staying low.

Dave, well done on the b2b!! Its so much easier when you are busy and dont have to think about isnt it!
    Heres hoping we both drop those weekend pounds quick so we can get on with attacking another 1!!

Evening everyone

Hi Kate, welcome to the thread.

Ended up doing b2b Sunday/Monday as was busy prepping for decorating and didn’t get chance to eat until my evening meal. Today has been a NFD and planning usual fasts for Wed & Fri in an attempt to get back on track.

Dave, well done on your b2b, this week was my first and like you, I found it wasn’t too bad.

Jean, can’t believe we’re already talking about Christmas and fasting. We’ve still got a load of family birthdays in November before I even begin to seriously think about presents, food, drink etc.

Kay, I’m sure you’ll be back to your ‘T’ weight in no time, and after all, sometimes you do have to balance out the fasting with the odd feast. Glad Ellie has picked up.

Pseudo, I saw the M4 closures on the news yesterday and wouldn’t have wanted to be driving over some of the elevated sections in the high winds. I also swop my FD about, but as a rule try to keep to at least 2 of M/W/F.

Hedgehogs, I’m with you tomorrow and hoping to finally start decorating tomorrow afternoon. Wednesdays suit me as my daughter has tutor and always has a pizza when she gets in, so I don’t have to ‘cook’ too many meals.

DF, enjoy your NFD tomorrow and hopefully work will get busier on Thursday to distract you.

Rowena, hope you’re alright.

My try the bacon and egg bites from Eat Well For Less for my FD meal tomorrow for a change.

Night everyone

Lynne x

We are so cross…getting off my chest!!

Steve went to Specsaver’s two years ago..bought two pair of glasses..struggled as first time with varifocals…I told him to man up and you have to get used to them..

We have been to a local optician today for eye check and new glasses…we have been told one pair of his Specsaver’s glasses one lense is upside down….no wonder he has struggled all this time….we will be going back to see them!

Rant over

Lynne..
    I missed how you made the egg and bacon bites..can you go through it…looked nice when eating them…

Kay..
    Glad FD’s gone well…..we will be with you Thursday…hope weigh in goes well for us both on Friday..

Jean x

Jean :-O :-O Poor Steve!!!

Morning!

Jean, I cant believe the optician made that mistake, that’s awful! Surely some form of compensation should be in order for that! I know I struggled with my glasses, and am so relieved I’ve adjusted .. but it just shows you, you put your trust in these people to get it right!!

Lynne, Dave .. great job on the b2b fasts! I’m thinking of making today an extra FD this week, and then joining the mass fast tomorrow. You’ve motivated me to do it 🙂

Kate, welcome to our group 🙂 Nice to have you here 🙂

Pseu, Hedgehogs good luck with your day .. stay strong!!

Kay, lets get through tomorrow together, hope Ellie’s okay x

Rowena, hope your doing okay, keep in touch!!

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, its nice that our groups growing again 🙂 Not sure when Minols is back, bet she’s having a brilliant time 🙂

Well today was going to be a low day, but decided to make it a FD instead, and tomorrow too. I’m feeling quite strong, so may as well go with it. Wish me luck!

The weathers finally calmed down now, although our aerial at home is down and the SKY dish has also been blown all over the place. Engineer coming out today. Could only get BBC1 and BBC2 last night, but it turned out okay because I watched a brilliant programme about Chris Packham (love him!)

Have a great day everyone.

Stay strong those fasting, we can do it!

xx

Morning All..

Hoping weather holds decided on a garden day…grass cut and scarify…touch up fence paint..

Sneaky look on scales shows both of us up 😬…hope it’s goods in transit…low day today fasting tomorrow..

DF…
    I think the choice day of complaining will be Saturday usually busy! …they are a bit battered now after two years but the problems he has had and no one has picked it up…they do the 2 for 1 but the quality of lens is low…I have had a few pairs over the 4 years but the quality of one pair for the same price at a small local optician the lens are so much better….worth a look around everybody.

My third top of the range vairies at Specsaver’s which I paid more for are the lowest quality at the local shop?

Pay your money and you take the chance..if it’s too good to be true…

Hope you get the telly sorted out….

Jean x

Quiet here today, hope everyone’s ok.

Jean, how frustrating with the scale! Hopefully it will shift soon. I’ve not attempted to weigh myself this week yet .. have a feeling I’ll have gained too 🙁

Its lunchtime and I’m rather hungry .. sipping water and hoping it passes!

x

Afternoon All..

Grass cut and scarified…a bit of a paint touch up on the top of the fence….all took to local tip…stopped for lunch now…

DF..
    Hoping scales move on Friday…you never know which way it will go..😬..we have been really good, just a piece of caramel shortbread out with a pot of tea in a cafe but no lunch that day….keep strong today..

Dave ….
    Hope your B2B is going OK…I know you are busy….keep thinking Friday pizza…lol

Kate..
    Thinking it’s your FD……keep strong and busy….keep popping by for support…

Kay…
    Fasting tomorrow I think with us…

Going to see what these tools are doing in vinegar…see if all the rust is going…gloves on today…yesterday my hands smelled awful all day…

Hope everybody’s days going well…

Jean x

Afternoon all. Fast going fine so far today, couldn’t even get into the office kitchen to make my usual milky coffee because there are builders in, I’ve just nipped in whilst they’re out having lunch. Needed the caffeine!
    Feeling really stressed this week, not sure why, trying to keep track of too many things maybe, I need to dig out my calendar when I get home and get it all written down so it’s not stuck at the back of my mind constantly. Too much to do, too little time.

Lynne- how’s your FD going, have you been okay? How’s the decorating going! I find this sort of time is difficult, getting quite hungry now… youngest son’s dinner is in the oven, he’s out to work soon so it’ll be 2 meal times for us. Have been waiting for a phone call all afternoon, so haven’t been able to do much and am still waiting…
    Pseudo- you do sound really busy with lots happening in the evenings as well as working- I have to write everything down straight away or I’d forget.
    Jean- your weather has obviously been better than ours if you’ve been out in the garden- torrential rain here now! We’ve always been to Specsavers and haven’t had a problem but I’ll double check everything from now on!!
    DF- I’m with you being too scared to get on the scales this week!!

Pseu..
    I think everybody seems to get stressed at work these days…….bosses expect so much of people and keep staff too low……I always like a calendar and diary ……I have just given my Filofax up after 50 years and put everything on line..ouch!..🤞

Keep going the end is in sight..😀

Hedgehog….
    The fun of family and different meal times…lol…keep strong too fast nearly coming to the end..

Kate..
    How’s your fast doing?

Lynne…
    Keeping busy with the decorating …did you ever get your new bathroom, I know you had it passed…was it a new extension for Phil too..

Specsaver’s are franchise so some will be better than others…we have had a lot of new faces over the last two years…maybe not to the good for us…

Kay..
    How’s your low day going?…

Sat sitting…really need to finish some mending can’t be bothered now…I burnt my motorbike trousers over the weekend on the bike engine helping Steve get off his bike..😬…to expensive to replace…I have done some repairing but lots of very small stitches with black cotton not good on the eyes…tomorrow now…

Keep going everyone…baton Is ours tomorrow 😀

Jean x

Evening okay- headache tonight, don’t think I’ve drunk enough…

Hedgehog…
    Hope you feel much better tomorrow…

All very quiet on here…

The mass fast starts tomorrow we will take the baton…

Jean x

Well done fastest….seems like you all did well.
    Kate..how did you get on?

I stayed low today, probably under 1000.

Tomorrow it’s FD, so I’m joining Jean and Steve. Anyone else??

Morning all,

Fasting with you all today 🙂

Managed to get some exercise in before work this morning. I’ve been so lazy with that lately. It makes me feel so much better though, really need to make the effort!

Back later, I think a few of us are fasting today xx

NonFD for me, but thinking of you all! Hope you can all keep busy and away from temptation!
    Jean- I drank a few glasses of water before going to bed, and that helped! Back’s improving, but still too stiff to do any exercise 🙁
    Keep strong everyone!

Such a busy day ahead; at least there will be no cooking and washing up to get done!

Morning All..

Miserable day here…up really late this morning…I was really tired last night slept for 9 hours..💤💤💤

Fasting with Kay and DF today…like to keep busy but nothing planned…my mending to finish..😬

Hedgehog…
    Must get my jug of water out and start drinking…a good reminder…backs take time take it easy..

DF..
    Exercise before work…that’s good….maybe a wrap up for me…as raining..and go for a walk..

Kay…
    Is Ellie still doing OK…you seem to be a bit quiet at the moment or are you just busy….

Kate…
    A busy way ahead…..no cooking and washing up..that always sounds good…..that’s why I like FD’s at least one meal missing..and salad…no pans..😂

Steve has now declared going out…new bedroom clock and photo frames to be bought…across lunch time away from food keep busy…

Shower and hair wash now…

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 14,251 through 14,300 (of 35,438 total)

You must be logged in to reply.