Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,917 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 9 hours, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,051 through 14,100 (of 35,404 total)

• Morning All…

All well here.. different heat.. so hot and humid yesterday.. 29 degrees at 10 pm.. hot and sweaty not really nice but love sitting out late.. daughter has sprayed all the garden with bug spray so keeping mosquitoes at bay you can really tell.

She has a family of large owls and a family of foxes but we haven’t seen them..heard the owls last night, they were about last week. Fingers crossed to see them before we go..

Good luck to all the fasters today .. have a good one….

DF, hope you got out for your walk at lunch time…

Hedgehog..
    What a worry over your nephew holidaying in Vietnam..moped there!!! The roads are so busy never seen so many mopeds… poor thing…lovely place.

Kay..
    Hope alls going well for you..Ellie she’s done well this year…

Rowena..
    Hope you had a good sleep last night…

Audrey..
    Keep popping by…

Hope WW helps you get back on track…as you know if you don’t put your mind into it .. it won’t work whatever you do…. to be fair you haven’t been putting the effort in on fasting for a while .. lots of things going on with your back, Mum and caravan…we know the caravan is a killer with friends around and eating ….you could calorie count and fast and free.. maybe a change will do you good…I am saying what you already know.. keep with us for support.. πŸ’•πŸ’•

Have a good fasting day everyone.. I will soon be joining you πŸ˜€

Jean x

Hi. Quick one from me. Still got headache. At rob brydon gig. Looking forward to lie in on Saturday. Hope all ok xx

Hi Guys…

Hope everybody had had a good fast day… hope the weigh ins tomorrow are good..

Rowena..
    Hope the headache soon goes and enjoy your weekend gig..

Thinking of you all..

Jean x

Well thats the FD done and I am quite pleased with myself as I had a couple of moments this evening where I nearly succumbed to a snack!
    Still have the IBS/ food transit problems..tomorrow is a calorie counted day.

Hope my fellow fasters did well too.

Jean, yes I am amazed at Ellie. Without saying too much which may tempt fate, everyone is utterly amazed. 10 months since the first lump and 8 months since diagnosis πŸ™‚

Rowena, hope you enjoyed the gig and your head feels better. One more day.

Ive been planning my next 4 weeks, before going on holiday for a week with family, to keep on track with the weight loss. Week 1 starts on Saturday and will involve excluding sweet stuff like biscuits/cake/ice cream/desserts etc and I get to break that one a week later with a meet up at a National Trust tea shop for coffee and cake! Week 2 is no bread/crackers and week 4 is no alcohol, so just week 3 to think about. I am thinking of having some additional mini targets each week, like re-introduce some exercise each week!
    October Onslaught is about to start!!!

Kay…
    We will be joining you on week 2..for the rest of the month…..big time for us… lets support each other … πŸ˜€…(minus your holiday week)

Let’s get close to goal for Xmas β˜ƒοΈ

Jean x

Sounds like a good plan, Kay!
    Anyone else got MacMillan coffee mornings to go to today? I shall try to be good, but it’s a non FD.

Morning everyone πŸ™‚

Kay, I’ll be joining you in October for sure!!

Hedgehogs, work are doing a coffee morning thing today, people have been baking/bringing in cakes which we can enjoy for a donation. Its a NFD for me, and although I’ll donate .. I really want to try and resist. Going to be hard though, as there are so many already!

I had a bad day yesterday, not with my fast, that was the only thing that went well. I got really stressed and upset about the drive home, stuck in traffic. It upset me for the rest of the evening πŸ™ I hope today is better, I’m really trying to keep calm. Anxiety is horrible, and being stuck in traffic is my worst nightmare! Other half was so kind and supportive though, which helped. Just feeling a bit stupid about it all now πŸ™

Have a great day everyone, stay strong fasters πŸ™‚

Hugs to all x

Hi all – just trying to keep low days in the run up to the trek. Work is mad, family is mad, the house is a state…aaarrrggghghh!
    I haven’t lost any weight over these last few weeks, so now I’m just shrugging my shoulders – I’ll worry about that when I come back. My October Onslaught will be starting later than most, so I might need to follow it with a November something – suggestions please!

Hope you enjoy the ‘weekend anticipation’ as much as some of the ‘bored’ boys I’ve just had here from the primary school!

Mx

Morning All..
    Well away from the McMillian cakes but Katie’s neighbour brought over a very large lemon cake last night.. all decorated like a birthday cake… I do love lemon cake 😬😬😬
    He’s lovely but so naughty…

We will be with Kay and Minols.. October and November mass fast to Xmas..

DF..
    Hope you feel better this morning after the traffic anxiety πŸ’•πŸ’•

Hedgehog..
    Go for it ..it’s only once a small piece… I shall be having a few pieces… the line will be drawn soon..lol

Minols..
    You sound so busy… it’s getting exciting and close…weight will come off with walking and their food.. don’t do like us eating sweet stuff to compensate lol lol..

Have a good day all..

We are for a ride out I think to some large gardens and walkaround…speak later….then last family weekend..

Jean x

Hi all.
    Well I made it to the end of the week. Today was inset day and our performance management. I was so tired I was in a daze for most of the day. Just climbed into bed. So glad to have 2 days off. I’m going to get back on track this weekend. Eaten like it’s going out of fashion this week as a comfort I suppose. Feel big and uncomfortable. Going to a gig tomorrow. Wish was stating in but I’m sure we’ll have a good time. Hope you are all ok.

Rowena…

Let’s hope next week is better for you .. enjoy the rest this weekend..and your gig of course..

Jean x

Shera/ Rowena- hope you have a good weekend, stress makes me eat too much as well!
    Minols- gave some thought to your ‘November something…’ but it’s a tricky one. Could only come up with ‘nowt in November’ or nutritious November’, not very inspiring though!
    Survived yesterday with one cake at the coffee morning (and no coffee ‘cos I can only drink it with 2-3 sugars!), then had a stir fry in the evening which I normally do on FD’s, so was still under TDEE.
    I am dreaming about food though, every night, this is not good! Especially this morning when I woke up after dreaming what I’d have for breakfast, only to realise it’s a FD!

Morning.
    Well done Hedgehogs I had 2 slices of cake! I had a good sleep (you don’t often hear me saying that!). Still in pyjamas on soda with dog watching how to stay young. Am ready to get back on track. Will be fasting tues and Thurs and aiming to do 16.8 on mon/wed/fri. I’m booked into pump, spin and balance on sat and will try to go swimming in the week after work.
    Considering going sober for the remaining 3 weeks of the half term too. Of I don’t then at least mon- Thurs.

Rowena, enjoy your weekend and relax, sounds like you need to.

Jean, enjoy your last weekend with the family.

Minols, Im so excited for you. Cant wait to hear about your trek. It’s on my list πŸ™‚

DF, anxiety is indeed horrible. Ive had times like that. Even if its illogical its real.

Hedgehogs, no Mcmillan coffee morning here. Ive been to loads in the past. Well done for resisting in the end.

Week 1 for October Onslaught for me starts today…Saturday 30th Sept til Fri 6th. This week is nothing with added sugar. I wasnt thinking earlier and took out a hot cross bun from the freezer for brunch, then I realised ah, cant have that…lol. Its now in the bread bin for Neil when he comes home from work! I had a sandwich thin with marmite instead!
    This week is all about squats and lunges too. And water too!

Anyone else going to have mini focuses throughout the month?

Will report in later or in the morning with progress from Day 1 πŸ™‚

Morning All..

A lovely day out yesterday … going to a car boot type thing / flea market this morning.. quite large before it gets too hot..

Kay…
    I am with you, not quite fasting but will try water and squats… we are going dry until Christmas when back only A drink if out for lunch with friends to be socialable. Good luck to your first week….we are fasting Thursday.

Hedgehog..
    Steve managed two weeks without sugar.. he now has just one spoonful he was getting too grumpy!!… took him off sweeteners as too bad for him.

We only had one piece of cake resisted the chocolate the family were eating !

Have a good weekend everybody.. ..keep the anxiety at bay and it’s an awful thing..

Jean x

Hi everyone

Well the plan to have a low day on Wednesday didn’t happen, but did manage a FD yesterday, though have only stayed the same this week.

Yesterday was really tough, wanted to open a bottle and crawl into it. Problems with Phil’s carers and also district nurses who are refusing to follow a plan created by the GP unless they get something in writing from a Consultant. It took 6 weeks when Phil was in hospital to get a letter for the district nurses so not sure how long things will now take to sort out. I was in such a bad mood, and probably a bit rude to the nurses, but everything seems to feel like a battle at the moment, and I’m very conscious that Phil can’t fight for himself. I’m now doing all Phil’s dressings and am close to cancelling his carers – everything seems to be more effort than just getting on and doing it myself.

Moan over, sorry.

So today I have pigged out a bit and we’re having ribs for supper to round things off. I’ve decided to go sugar free from October. I did it in Feb and lost around 8lb, though doubt I’ll lose that much again. It’s my birthday in November, so there’s something to focus on. Planning on high fat, low carb to stop me feeling deprived.

Hedgehogs, I think ‘Nutritious November’ may be the way to go for me. Not planning to totally give up sugar for ever and focusing on nutrition may be the way to stop me indulging in a November sugar fest. Must remind the girls they’ll have to think of something more original than chocolates for my birthday.

Hope everyone is managing to have a relaxing weekend, sounds like quite a few need it to recharge the batteries. Minols, hope all the plans are coming together.

Jean, enjoy your last week.

Take care everyone

Lynne x

Lynne, more hard going times for you. I feel for you. My first husband was a quadraplegic and I just took over the carer/district nurse roles as it was much easier, although hard work when I had a job too. Luckily it was easy going and very rare hiccups.

So day 1 of week 1 in October Onslaught was good here!

Nothing sweet eaten and only a couple of things eaten that had the sneaky sugar additions:
    2 sandwich thins 1.7g each; 1 tortilla 1.4g and a handful of bean chips (like crisps) 0.3g
    Everything else like canned tomatoes etc had no added sugar, so all natural sugar which I can handle.
    Just over 5g sugar today. If I’d eaten the hot cross bun this morning, that would have been over 12g sugar in one hit!!
    Interesting sometimes to take stock.

And water drunk and squats/lunges done πŸ™‚

Heres to day 2 tomorrow.

Minols, Hedgehogs – Slender November!

Hello everyone, I’m back after disappearing for a couple of months. Had a tough time with both parents in hospital, very sick elderly dog etc etc. But I kicked myself into gear in September and have lost about half a stone (currently now 9st 5) and have another 10lbs to a stone to lose (I’m petite!) I combined slow-carb eating with 16:8 and a few FDs thrown in as well. The next few months are likely going to continue to be rough with my mum starting chemo and my dad likely to continue to deteriorate, but I’m determined to look after myself better and get to a good place with my weight AND health together. Will probably just keep on going with my rather random combination.

So hello again to all those who I knew from a couple of months back – I hope you’re all doing well and had good summers xxx

MJ great to see you back, sorry you’ve had a rough time but well done with your combo.

Slender November…love it!

Evening All..

A lot of people having it tough at the moment.. thinking about you all..it makes you think generally of everybody having a hard time and you just don’t know about it…πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•to you all.

Kay..
    Sorry I didn’t join you today I will start Wednesday.. when things are back to normal..well done to you..slender November like it…

Jean x

Lynne- sounds like a real struggle- the whole system needs a big overhaul, communication between district nurses/ GPs/ hospitals seems to be pretty bad wherever you are… thinking of you, and very brave to be trying FDs!
    Kay- well done, it does shock when you look at the sugar in stuff!
    MJ- Slender November is a much better suggestion! It sounds like you have a similar target weight to me, but don’t have as much to go as I do! You’re resolve is obviously better than mine; I’ve had a couple of stressful years and no way could I focus on losing weight when that was going on! So with not being able to exercise because of health problems I’ve put on 1.5 stone!
    Weigh-in today was better than last week- lost 2 lbs. Should’ve done it tomorrow but couldn’t wait, yesterday was a FD!
    Eldest son has requested sticky toffee pudding tonight after their roast- have worked out what to eat so that I can have a little and stay in my TDEE!

Morning everyone

Thanks for all your support. Kay, it’s probably me being a bit of a control freak, but I like not relying on others to help Phil as unfortunately the level of care provided often falls short of what I expect. I managed work for the first 3 years of his illness, but then went off ill myself and I’m now on an open career break. I’m really fortunate that work have been very understanding.

Got a bit of a headache this morning, which I think is sugar induced. Try to cut out all added sugar for the month so will be with you Kay for your first week.

A lazy morning with a cup of coffee watching the Cardiff Half Marathon. It’s great to see something so well organised showcasing my beautiful city. Hannah is volunteering with the other physio students today helping runners at the finish with stretching and massage, but I know she was out last night so is probably a bit delicate. Head and thumbs will be sore later.

MJ – you’ve had a tough time lately and I know you have challenges ahead, so looking after yourself is even more important than ever to be able to support those around you.

Off to get another glass of water to try and flush some of this sugar out.

Speak later.

Lynne x

Hi MJ…sorry about your summer…me too! But haven’t managed to lose anything so well done you!

I’,,be up for Slender November. Like it a lot!

Meanwhile i’ll be back to just keeping it light tomorrow after a weekend hosting in law’s a way too much Chines followed by Eton Mess…yum!

Mx

Hi. MJ sorry to hear about your emotional time with parents. I think you have the best attitude to look after yourself. It’s all too easy to lose the plot and turn to food and unhealthy lifestyle when going through difficult times.
    I am looking forward to grabbing hold of control again. One day at a time. So tomorrow, aiming for 16.8 day. Healthy lunch then low fat homemade chilli when I get home. Drink 1.5litres water.

AparT from the gig last night and dog walk I’ve done nothing all weekend. I’ve lay in, lots of reading and lots of chilling.
    Trying to book a few days in Cornwall for half term.

Big hugs to you all xxx

Hi All…
    Last two days here.. now here I am getting ready for home… a long month but alls been well and we have enjoyed it… lovely to have family time… strange we seem to have more time with this daughter than any of the others…..Tuesday flight through the night..

Back to the shopping, washing, to the gardening I am sure, dentist Thursday and hairdressers Friday…. already then to start fasting.. Slender October/November lol

Kay..
    I have tried hard today .. 2 pints of water and a few squats to get me going… waters a bit difficult when travelling about.. age!..

Minols…
    Enjoy your meal and pudding.. but I think you may have eaten it now…πŸ˜‚

Rowena..
    Hoping you feel refreshed before school starts tomorrow…

I will be upset if I have put more than 7lbs on 😬😬… also Steve ..

Jean x

Day 2 done and dusted and the only sugar Ive had has been just over 6g and that was in bread rolls and a dip I had with calamari! Nothing sweet. Water drunk and squats and lunges done. Day 3 tomorrow and its a FD so 380 cals only.

Jean, enjoy the last day or so with your family.

Rowena, hope tomorrow is a straight forward calm day for you.

Lynne, quite a few posts on my FB feed of people running at Cardiff today! How do you feel after having no sugar today?

MJ, one day at a time and make sure you look after yourself too.

Hedgehogs, well done on the 2lbs. I didnt shift anything this week.

Minols, get yourself drinking lots of water tomorrow to help counteract the weekend!

Keep it going everyone x

Evening All…
    2 pints of water drunk and 300 squats.. will I ache tomorrow…

Hedgehog..
    2 lbs off well done on that.. sorry I missed it..

Kay..
    Well done …you are doing really well..

Jean x

Morning everyone,

Lynne, it sounds rough for you *hugs* Hope your feeling a bit brighter now. I really feel for you, it must be very hard.

Kay, your month has started off brilliantly, I’m with you! I really need to be upping the exercise on the run up to Christmas now. Not long to go!

Jean, your holiday has sounded amazing, you seem to have been away ages!

Hope everyone else is doing okay, I’m fasting today, anyone else?

Have a great day, I’m feeling a positive vibe here πŸ™‚ x

Jean- hope you have a good last couple of days, and a safe journey home. Horrible what’s happening in Vegas now, glad that you weren’t there for that.
    All you others sound like you’re doing well with the exercise- I’m very slowly increasing mine…
    DF- I’m with you fasting today! Hope the day goes quickly for you!

Hope its going okay for you Hedgehogs. To be honest, I’m struggling, mainly because work is SO quiet today!! It makes it so much more difficult. Just been for a walk, and am now sipping a black coffee. I really need to stay strong.

I got my new glasses at weekend too (called in of the off chance they were there). Really struggling with them. Not sure if they’re right to be honest. I attempted to wear them here today, only lasted five minutes. I’ve only ever had reading glasses before, these are a on a different level!

I wish it was home time lol

Stay strong everyone, quiet here today x

Keep going DF! At least you at work, Im at home and really trying to keep busy πŸ™‚
    Im going to celebrate getting to 1pm with a coffee and a splash of milk.

Hedgehogs, hows it going for you?

Thanks Kay!! I needed to hear that πŸ™‚ We can do this!

Hope your coffee was nice πŸ™‚

xx

Morning All..
    Last day here… SIL left on business 4am this morning, so goodbyes last night to him..

Keep strong everyone.. I am with you in body.. we are stronger together…more water for me today and more squats πŸ˜€

DF..
    You will be fine with the glasses keep going..Steve gave up on his first pair but he wears them now, you just have too..😬

Hedgehog..
    Just woke to the news about Vegas… this awful stuff is all over.. glad we were out of the way.. it’s so sad…

Kay..
    Enjoy your coffees.. keep going..and your exercise and water.. lol

Good luck to you all..

Jean x

I’m hoping you all have some opinions on this… I have a question about exercise – what do you guys do on your FDs? I’ve been having trouble fitting my FDs in around my more hardcore classes that I don’t think I could do without food. But maybe I’m wrong and it would be fine. I’ve been jogging and hiking on FDs with no problems, but I do Body Combat classes a few times a week, and they almost have me keeling over even on a normal day, I’m also considering starting kick boxing, and I don’t want to be feeling weak when I’m doing that. Do any of you do ‘harder’ exercises on your FDs? How do you find it?

I normally fast totally – fluids only – for two consecutive days, sometimes three. Fast day one energy levels usually feel higher than normal. Day two I am Ok for a gym session (warm up, weight room, treadmill run, core exercises) but have never tried anything harder. Day three I do not enjoy sustained hard exercise.

Pseudo- only in my dreams (and quite a few years ago!) could I do that many exercise classes! So I can’t comment on your exercise classes/ fasting. I was feeling pleased with myself for doing a 20 min rebound video on my mini trampoline at home- I am building up very gradually…!
    Kay and DF- I’ve been fine, keeping busy at home like you Kay. DF- I would hate to be doing a FD if quiet at work, well done if you’ve stuck to it today!
    Am getting pretty hungry now, and Mondays is meals in relays at different times, so not sure who I’ll eat with. Quinoa pizza bites for dinner.

Hi all, just introducing myself.

Started last week (today is my 3rd FD). Started at 18 stone, 4 pounds. Lost 4 pounds last week.

I’m a mid-thirties male and carry my weight in my stomach, butt and thighs.

I’m not a very sensible eater on my 5 days off the diet, plus probably drink a bit too much over the weekends, but if I’m able to sustain weight losses every week, even if it’s just 1 pound, I won’t worry about that too much.

The first two fasting days were absolutely horrible, but today, I’ve managed to get to 1630 hrs without eating with no major fuss, dizziness or irritability.

I tend to eat soup on FD, beginning with a tin around 4pm then another at 7pm with a slice of toast, then a small packet of salt/sweet popcorn around 8pm for a treat. Pretty much bang on 600 cals.

Diet juice and black coffee throughout the day. Definitely feels like a tough diet, but the thought of being able to eat what I want (yes- I know you’re meant to be sensible, but one step at a time) the next day makes this pretty easy so far.

I’ll give it til the Christmas holidays and decide whether things are worth continuing.

Nice to meet you all.

Hi Scotland, and well done for the first week’s loss! If it does get so that you’re not losing anything then it might pay you to use the Total Daily Energy Expenditure calculator on the home page to work out how much you can eat on the non-fast days, but if it’s working for you for now, then that’s good.

Thanks hedgehogs. Will keep that in mind.

I’ll be more strict on myself if/when I go 2 weeks without a loss.

Would be delighted with a stone off before xmas.

Pseu, have a go at fasting on same day as your exercise. I always found that I was fine on a FD but struggled slightly more on the day after, but people are different.

Thanks for the answers. πŸ™‚

Penguin – I don’t do consecutive days, I don’t think I could. I actually look forward to my fast days, especially Monday when I feel like a slug after the weekend, but no way could I do two. I might have to try though to fit it in if I do start going to kickboxing. :S

Kay – I’m worried if I do that I might be lagging mid class and I’d be so embarrassed to have to leave. πŸ™

Hi Scotland, it is tough to get into the swing of, but it does seem to work. I was pretty impressed with the results the last time I weighed. Doing it on days when I’m out of the house and busy seems to be the trick for me.

Hi All…

A lazy packing day ready for the flight home tomorrow..

Hope everybody fasting is having a good day.. late in the day now you all should be finished… well done to you all…

Pseu..
    Sorry can’t help you with exercise bad feet and knees don’t help…. good luck

Scotland…
    Well done on your first week… quite possible to get your stone off before xmas… keep with us it really helps..

Kay..
    How is everything going… water and exercise?? I have not been good that way today 😩

Have a lovely evening everybody.

Jean x

Thanks all for the welcome back – it’s good to be here!

Scotland – I’m also aiming for a stone lost by Christmas. Fingers crossed we can make it!

And Pseud – I second the idea of exercise the day of a FD, if you can do it in the morning… I seem to have more energy if I’ve eaten well the day/night before. Whereas trying to do it at the end of a FD or the day after is a bit of a struggle. Having said that, I do it if my schedule works out that way and I have yet to pass out/have to leave and believe me I’m by no means a Fitness Wonder Woman!

Congrats to hedgehogs for the 2lbs lost, and to everyone else who made it through a FD today (I know Monday is FD for quite a few of us!)

I was fasting but probably hit nearer 600 than 500, but I’m not sweating it too much. I actually notice with this slow-carb thing plus 16:8 that it can be tough to get enough calories unless I eat a lot of beans, and some day I just don’t feel like it so I naturally end up with a 5-600 cal day. Don’t want to speak too soon, but I feel like I may have finally (FINALLY!) got into the swing of things after being all over the place this spring and pretty much stuffing my face all summer!

It sounds like it was a tough one for many, not just me, so sending my thoughts to you all – hopefully autumn will be better (or at least we’ll be even tougher!) xx

MJ..
    Lovely to have you back and it looks like a plan of attack for winter..I think xmas looming makes you want to get back on track before the eating begins.. lol

Strange this is our third xmas on the 5.2 and this year we are all ready saying xmas is one day off… and we don’t want to be doing all the eating!!!!… hope we can stick with it.

No Alcohol now for us until xmas unless we go out for lunch with friends then it will be one to be social..

We have been off plan for the month to difficult when staying with family, wine and evening cakes, lots of chatting and catch ups ..

Last night before leaving tomorrow… looking forward to normal food and fasting…

Take care as we say…’We are stronger together’

Jean x

Welcome Scotland….I agree with the others. At first you may well lose weight with just the 2 fasts but you may have to slowly ease back on the non fasts. Thats the bit lots of us on here struggle will at times hence the fluctuations and stalled weight loss.

Jean, safe journey home.

Hedgehogs and DF, how did it go? Mine was good πŸ™‚
    Also exercise and water ticked off.

Calorie counted day tomorrow to make sure I stay within TDEE.

Penguin, some of us used to do zero cal water only days but it doesnt seem to make much of a difference to weight loss whether you have 0 or 400 cals. However it clearly helps the body so well done on consecutive days. And Im with you on the high energy levels on a FD.

So, anyone fasting tomorrow?

We are such a small group at the moment, theres not as many fasters to stick together with for support, but keep going with October Onslaught!

Kay….
    Well done on the water and exercise… fasting with you Thursday if you are …

I will be glad to be back with normal food, hoping I haven’t put too much weight on..still in all my clothes.. a bit snug and midriff a bit porky..but in them…

Skinny jeans on tomorrow …ouch!! Lol.. glad they are stretchy.. lol

Shame the groups gone a bit quiet.. hope they are not putting it all back on😬

Jean x

Morning all πŸ™‚

My FD went okay, and I stayed strong πŸ™‚ Well done everyone else!!

Still plodding on with the glasses, I don’t know why but they seem to make my eyesight worse!! I’ve looked online at peoples experiences, and a lot say the same, but to persevere. Had a tough talking to from my OH last night, and basically I have to wear them constantly until I get used to them. No good taking them off all the time. So frustrating though! Its all about where I position my head, its driving me insane so far!!

NFD for me, but planning to keep it low-cal.

Have a great day everyone, welcome back MJ, and welcome Scotland!!

Take care my friends xx

MJ – It’s handy to know that you do it, I’m not sure whether to try it today or not, it’ll definitely make this week easier if I make today my second fast day… I think I’ll have to wait and see if I’m struggling too much later.

Anyone else fasting today?

I’ve got 12 lb to go that I’d love to get off before Christmas. Fingers crossed.

HI all – just keeping in touch before I head off. Still not fasting, but really hoping the October Onslaught is going well for those trying to be tougher with themselves! (Which will definitely be me when I get back!)

DF – I had problems this summer with a slightly different prescription in my varifocals, and went back to a well-known opticians that give’s you two pairs (know who I mean) again and again. Optician was brilliant, tweaked and kept tweaking both pairs so they sat at just the right angle to my eyes so that I was always looking through the right bit at the right time. SO patient! I know some of it is just getting used to them like your OH says, but it might be that the angle of the lens to your face needs tweaking a bit?

Jean – when do you land? I think I might be off just as you get home, so if you see a bunch of people looking scared and wishing they’d got fitter…that could be us! I say ‘us’ – I don’t actually know any of them, so maybe it’s just me that hasn’t had time to get fit!

Mx

Viewing 50 posts - 14,051 through 14,100 (of 35,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.