Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,957 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 12 hours, 36 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,101 through 14,150 (of 35,444 total)

• Hi Minols, thanks so much for that! I know the optician you mean, think I’m using the same one. I will go back if things don’t improve in a week or so. I have managed to wear them all day so far today, which is definitely better than I was yesterday πŸ™‚ I think I need to relax and not “try” too hard, if that makes sense. HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP! We’ll be here when you get back πŸ™‚ Take care and enjoy! x

Fast went well yesterday… not so good a start this morning- out early to take FIL to hospital for an infusion; the confusion of dementia is something which doesn’t worry me, but he gets agitated, impatient and grumpy which is a bit hard, even when the appointments are really quick! It’s not like he has anything to rush back for! So we had a sneaky cuppa and shortbread biscuits to escape for a bit while he was hooked up! (It’s a 2 person job with him so we both have to go!) Follow that with food shopping, buying nice yummy biscuits for the teenagers in the house, making my mouth water! There’s time still to redeem myself today though, so I won’t go over the TDEE.
    Jean- hope you have a safe journey home and that the scales aren’t to scary when you get back!
    Minols- good luck and God Bless on your trek.

Jean, it’s so true – I feel like the countdown to Christmas is on! I don’t really have any “special” events that I need to squeeze into a dress for as I’m just spending 3 weeks with my mum back home, but I guess I just want to be in a good place by the time the festive season comes around. As a vegetarian I normally manage not to gorge too much, but it’s tough! Safe flight home x

Pseud – welcome to the christmas bandwaggon! Feels like there are quite a few of us aiming to shed between 10lbs and a stone between now and then. I figure it’s doable if I just keep aiming to average 1lb per week

Kay – forgot to say in my last post, but great to hear Ellie is doing well

And Scotland – welcome, and congrats on the loss, that’s fantastic and hopefully spurs you to keep going

Today is a NFD for me, but I’m still sticking to 16:8 and slow-carb, generally trying to be healthy. I give myself one day at the weekend to give in to any cravings – pretty much always chocolate! And Thai takeout… That day is most definitely not a FD! I have plenty of wobbles but hopefully the overall trend will continue to be downwards.

Afternoon everyone

Minols, hope you have a great time on the trek, I’m sure you’ll be fine and are probably at least as fit as the others. Can’t wait for the stories.

Scotland, welcome and well done on your loss. It can be tough to cut down on NFD, but sometimes I’m kept on the straight and narrow by the thought of undoing all my Fast Day hard work.

DF, hope you’re getting on better with your specs. I only need mine for reading and don’t even wear them for that as they give me a headache. I know I need to persevere.

Everyone seems to be doing really well with FD, Jean you’ll be joining in soon. Christmas is still just far enough away to make targets seem feel achievable.

Kay, how are you doing this week? You seem to be sticking to your plan well. What’s planned for next week?

My ‘sugar free’ month is going well so far. I haven’t cut out lactose or fructose, though I do watch which fruit I eat, but I am cutting out all added sugar and substitues and therefore most processed foods. Shopping is taking an age! I have managed to get down to my pre Saturday sugar-fest weight, though haven’t fasted yet this week. Not sure yet what days to fast, maybe Wed & Friday, I’ll see how it goes.

Jean, safe trip home.

Only a few hours left for anyone fasting tonight.

Lynne x

Hi. FD for me. Busy day. In need of wine but I won’t succumb.

Shera- I feel for you with the wine; your job is stressful…
    I’m joining the Christmas countdown- definitely at least 10lbs would be great; I wouldn’t need to buy any new clothes as I have a whole wardrobe of ‘slim’ clothes waiting for me…

I also have wardrobes full of clothes unworn.

Afternoon All..

Through security and awaiting flight.. all safe and sound…

Trousers definetly tight and overflowing umm..seem tighter than after the Vegas trip..
    Too much wine and cakes!!

DF..
    You may need your glasses adjusting as Minols said..if you sit in your car look ahead normally, everything should be clear.. you move your head for computer work or reading.. if it’s not clear they need altering.. give it a day or two and see what you think..

Hedgehog..
    Hope the hospital appointment went better than you thought.. good luck on your TDEE for the day..

MJ..
    Hope you NFD is going well.. everybody seems very focused at the moment..

Lynne..
    I agree with you everybody is going good.. it would be nice to get the weight off before xmas..good luck to your small clothes..

Rowena…
    Keep strong and off the wine if you can… my last drink on flight before going ‘dry’ until xmas.. if with friends we may have one with lunch..

Good luck to wearing your small clothes too..

Minols…
    Have a really great time.. hope your legs hold up.. have you got some rub in stuff for any pain…it is so exciting.. lots to tell us when back .. safe journey and safe walking πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈXx

Speak to you all tomorrow in U.K.

Have a good evening
    Jean x

Morning. Nfd for me but will aim for 16.8. Reforming habits at the mo after the last 2 weeks losing the plot! Out straight after work for meal with 2 colleagues /friends.
    Really suffering from anxiety again. Doing as much as I can to deal with it but it’s tough.
    Busy day ahead but hoping it to be straightforward.
    Good luck to faster and welcome home Jean!

Morning everyone πŸ™‚

Rowena, I can sympathise with the anxiety, its not nice. There’s a really good site that hemmy recommended to me .. there’s a brilliant blog on there, I find it so helpful! http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk .. really worth a look πŸ™‚ Take care *hugs*

Jean, glasses are getting easier. I was able to wear them all day yesterday, and I seem to be slowly adjusting. Things are clear when I look in the right place, but I’m having trouble with having to move my head rather than my eyes, and I kept going a bit dizzy at first. Definitely improving slowly though πŸ™‚

Lynne, sounds like your doing well with no sugar, keep going! Keep in touch x

Audrey, thinking of you! Hope its going well for you πŸ™‚ I do miss your posts here though πŸ™

Have a good day, fasting or otherwise … together we’re stronger!

xx

Quick post from me….under the weather as head cold has just taken hold plus feeling feverish…yuk…back later x

Welcome home, Jean…glad you’ve had such a great trip.

Rowena, so sorry your anxiety is rising again. But we’ve seen you deal with this before…we remember you’re strong enough, so when you forget it, take a deep breath and hear us all reminding you of your strength. Hold fast,m’dear!

Mx

Got up a bit later this morning and have training all day so decided to do my second FD today.

Quite pleased with myself as I thought I’d avoid it until I HAD to face it.

However, after losing 4 pounds on Monday, I have put on 2 pounds yesterday. Quite annoying. Hopefully I can have a net loss by my official weigh day on Sunday. 1-2 pounds a week would do me fine!

Good luck everyone. Dave.

Afternoon All…
    Just arrived home long journey and tired… might have a couple of hours then go shopping nothing in…

Rowena..
    Have a lovely meal and catch-up tonight.. hope the anxiety gets under control..

DF..
    Glad the glasses are improving took Steve about two weeks .. too expensive to give up.

Kay..
    Hope you soon feel better.. hot toddies and big ones are the answer.. I swear by them and get to bed and rest up..

Minols..
    Been a long one for us.. our trips are usually shorter but it has been lovely with the family and the extra bits too..

When do you go on yours.. it’s about now.. I thought we crossed a bit..have a great time I am excited for you.. very different.

Dave..
    It’s how it goes possibly water retention.. no worries.. good luck for Sunday.

Two cups of tea for us up to now .. looks like a fd looming see how we go.. never fancy much after a flight..

Dentist tomorrow.. how did I plan that very bad timing.. lol

Speak later
    Jean x

Dave- I lost weight the first two weeks, nothing at all the third, then 2lbs the fourth week, so it does seem to vary a bit. There’s another thread ‘more on what to do if you’re not losing weight’- I found that really interesting to read as others have been a bit up and down too. Others recommend one weigh-in a week so that you don’t notice fluctuations, but I never manage that!
    Rowena- hope that thing’s settle down for you.
    Jean- I hope you soon adjust to this colder weather!
    Good news on the clothes front- I can now do up the coat- 4 weeks ago it was too tight and that spurred me on to keep going! FD for me- no food but too many cups of tea with a friend, wasting calories!

Hedgehog…

Well done on the coat πŸ˜€…I do think it spurs you on….all these clothes you can’t get into and before you know it they are in a charity bag because they too big….

When it’s a few weeks of no movement on the scales and it shows in inches and looser clothes it makes you so chuffed…πŸ˜€

Dave…
    I might of missed it but have you measured yourself, usually once a month, waist, chest and neck for a man…jot it down it helps if no movement in weight. I can’t remember what Steve (hubby) lost on his waist about 8″ if I am right without looking…must admit the tape hasn’t been out for a bit…lol…a big push for us now I would like another stone off for him…

Shopping done and we don’t feel too bad, emptied cases woke our selves up a bit…hoping to last to 9 pm at least….I hate jet lag…

Jean x

Jean- I stupidly forgot to take my measurements when I started, but it doesn’t really matter to me.

Given I started at 18st 4lbs, it makes sense to me that if I fast for 2 days and eat ‘normally’ for the rest, that it’s guaranteed that I’ll lose weight.

This is my 4th fast, and I’ve got to say that it feels easy peasy. Don’t want to sound cocky as I know it will be tough at times (especially when I get stressed) and because others find it a constant struggle, but I’m riding a wave of confidence just now. Praying that I may have FINALLY found something that I can stick with and fits in with my hectic work life.

Oh- and I also just discovered 50cal bread today. I eat tins of soup on FDs, so this will be a lovely addition!

Dave

Dave…
    Glad you are really positive and you feel as if you can do it….we ( lots) on here have done every diet going this is really the best…

Good luck and stay with us..

Jean x

So, as a newb here, how long have you all been doing this diet for? Any success stories? Have you had breaks from it?

Ps I have also rediscovered Knorr Super Chicken Noodle soup (used to eat it loads as a student). Very yummy and only 180cals for two monster size bowls.

Fast okay today, but am very,very cold… and constipated(sorry for sharing that!!)My stomach is pretty erratic anyway…

Well done hedgehogs. Wrap up warm!

Dave…

We have been on 5.2 twice..and a try for two months….

First time, we both lost 28 lbs it took just over a year and we was at goal…..Steve then had two partial knee operations, lack of exercise, people bringing eating gifts, slowly getting over the op, we put it all back on over the next year as we returned to old eating habits…

We tried again for a couple of months and gave up..

Then this last time just coming up to 3 years on December 1st….Pre holiday weight….I have lost 32 lbs and now maintaining…. Steve 16 lbs…he is struggling to get this last stone off…he is still struggling walking…

I have maintained for a year now…

We are hoping to start swimming next week… one to tone up and the other to strengthen his legs.

We go away a lot as we have retired, caravanning breaks usually, so some holidays we still fast, this last holiday we didn’t.

It is a way of life now…the first time was hurray we are there! and started eating the old way again….I now know it’s a way of life and no way are we going to do that again…..trouble is this is now the hard bit….the diet part was the easy bit..

When I started this time I was in size 16’s and some 18’s …I am now in 12’s and a few 14’s and I have lost 8 belt holes!

The 5.2 works if you do it and give it a chance….I keep on here for support, the last time at goal I stopped blogging then things go wrong….this support is the best, the ups and downs, we all have them…

Our saying is…Together we are stronger……it’s so very true..

Jean x

Evening everyone

Jean and Steve, welcome home. Hope you manage to get over the jetlag quickly.

Kay, hope the cold is under control. When I don’t feel well I tend to graze – not really conducive to weight loss.

Hedgehog, I often suffer with β€˜food in transit’ delays. Just gone back on the daily prunes to try and help things along. I’m with you on FD today, not long to go now.

Dave, being trying to lose weight for almost 2 years after being diagnosed with a thyroid problem and previously being unable to shift the excess regardless of what I tried. Started meds and 1st stone was easy. Next stone took about 6 months then stalled. Started fasting Jan this year and have lost 1.5 stone, though put about 6lb back on since beginning of June when life got in the way. Still have 1-1.5 stone to lose. Fasting has been the easiest and feels the most sustainable. I weigh daily because I like to see the effects of FD/NFD and I don’t like surprises.

DF, glad you’re getting to grips with the glasses.

Not long to go now.

Lynne…
    We will get there…my weight will be up on Friday..😬…that’s the way it goes….

Fast day declared here today 482 calories..and now to bed…

Glad to be back here fasting…

Jean x

Hi all. Thanks for the thoughtful comments. I had a pleasant evening out. Thing is we just talked about school – well, moaned!!!! Haha. Was a laugh though. Got home and watched the apprentice and now in bed about to read. Have been really cold today. FD tomorrow so no doubt I’ll be even colder!!!
    Night x

Still fighting off the cold. Managing to stick to the increased water and no sweet stuff but the squats/lunges have been missing for 2 days…will get back into them tomorrow hopefully.
    2 days left of Week 1 of October Onslaught! 2nd FD of the week is on Friday, which will cut down on my usual 3 days of feasting…lol

Jean, glad you are both back safe. Hope you soon recover from the jet lag.

Minols, have a fabulous time, if you havent already gone!

Lynne and Hedgehogs, I dont like prunes, but I may have to get some! Im worse than usual, possibly not helped by emotional stuff too.

Rowena, it sounds like you had a nice evening πŸ™‚

Dave, stick with it, you will find that the weight does go back up after eating normally after a FD and it will go down again after the next FD, so as long as the main trend is overall down each week, you know you are doing ok.

Rowena, Im going to sort of join you tomorrow, in as far as Im going to fast during the day and have just 1 meal tomorrow night. But as we are going to be eating out with others in a pub it wont be a low, but at least it wont be an OTT day.

Night everyone x

Hope you feel much better today kay. Another busy day ahead followed by racing home for 5 as mortgage guy coming to finalise some paperwork.

Ready for half term. Last night managed to book a few days in Cornwall. Can’t wait.

I’m sure Cornwall will be a lovely, and hopefully you’ll be able to relax and enjoy the break! My sister works at a primary school- she’s looking forward to the half term already as well!
    Non-fast day for me- making cakes for a friend’s leaving do/ baby shower tomorrow. It’ll be a lunchtime do so not sure what I’ll eat as it’s a FD; I know usually things could be swapped around but as I do alternate fast days (and it seems to be working!) I don’t really want to do that. I think I’ll see what there is to eat and take it from there!
    Is anyone fasting today- Thursday seems to be a popular one- good luck to anyone who is!

Morning all,

Jean, so glad to have you back with us safe and sound πŸ™‚

Rowena, I LOVE The Apprentice!! So glad its back on again πŸ™‚ Focus on Cornwall, something to look forward to.

Kay, hope your feeling better today. Take care!

Dave, I’ve done 5.2 on and off for a few years, this year in January I started it seriously and have lost 18lbs so far. Its slow and steady, but I think that’s the best way to do it, so its more likely to stay off when you reach maintenance. Good luck, its nice to have you here πŸ™‚

Lynne, have a good day, keep posting .. its nice to hear from you πŸ™‚

Hedgehogs, I know what you mean about not wanting to change your FD’s when they are working so well for you. Your so strong doing a FD when attending a lunch! Not sure if I’d be that good lol.

So, Thursday FD for me and I really want it to be a good one. I’m being really lazy and have a Tesco ready meal in the fridge for later tonight. 298 calories, so very low! I’ll be eating it quite late though, as Steve’s son is starting football training tonight, so we’re going along to support him. Not the best time of year to be standing on the touchline, but I think he needs us to be there. He’s only 8, but really showing potential for football.

Have a great day everyone, stay strong anyone fasting.

Together we’re stronger!

xx

Morning All..

Up early and breezy for my dental checkup, clean and polish 😬…could of really laid in…..alls well….one tooth iffy but he says nothing wrong, it’s sensitive…see how we go…

Steve doesn’t realise we did a FD yesterday……so with weigh in Friday ….we have decided to fast today…lol

Rowena..
    Glad your night went well a good moan is good..a half term break booked in Cornwall sounds good…it’s just a bit too far for us to drive…always looks so lovely..

Good luck with your FD today..

Kay…
    Hope you feel better for your night out….and hope your sort off FD goes well…

Hedgehog..
    I am with you not swapping things about…it does upset me…..I didn’t realise you are doing AFDs..well done on that…..hope your FD is going well…

DF…
    Hope your day’s going well….I have just had my late berry breakfast so all is good here…we managed three football games while away, I quite enjoy them…8 and 11 year old…

Lynne..
    Are you with us fasting? Glad you are back and things settling down…

Dave…
    Are you fasting today?

Well a batch cook for me today for the freezer…beef today as freezer is empty….while writing this I think…2 freezers to defrost!!

Have a good day everyone…

Reading back on what I have just written it looks as if I am checking everyone in…roll count done..lol

Jean

No fast for me today as i did Monday and Wednesday this week. Although skipped breakfast and lunch and had a sensible brunch instead. Hoping to minimise weight gain as I’ve had a good few pounds off this week.

Good luck to you Thursday fasters x

Welcome home Jean – sorry you didn’t get a lie-in, I hope the jet-lag isn’t too bad. I find it one of the worst things for me in terms of snacking and making bad food choices. Hopefully you are stronger than me…

Minols – good luck with the hike, I’m sure you’ll do great. Plus with all your 5:2-ing you’ll be much better than others at staying positive in the face of hunger

Dave – glad to hear it’s going well so far and that you’re finding the 5:2 suits you. I think most people have their ups and downs, but so long as the general trend is downwards that’s all that counts

Rowena – I so sympathise, I suffer from dreadful anxiety too. I’m still figuring out how to manage it so I don’t really have any words of wisdom, just to say you’re not alone x

Hedgehogs – well done for taking on ADF! It’s definitely less flexible than 5:2 but then I’ve seen some people get great results so if you can make it work then more power to you

Lynne – congrats for sticking to your sugar-free month so far, it’s tough! I’m basically the same for 6 days of the week (except I also have no lactose or fructose) but then one day a week have my “dieter gone wild” day. Psychologically I can manage to defer the sweet treats to each Saturday; not sure I could manage much longer

Today is another NFD for me – Mon and Tues were around 600 cal days, with yesterday and today being closer to my TDEE. I may try to fast tomorrow, we’ll see. I’m still doing 16:8 for the most part (sometimes 14:10) and sticking with the slow carb. This week thus far I’m down from 133.5lbs to 131. Recently was at 129 so keen to get back there, then hopefully continue on downwards to GW (somewhere between 8 and 8.5 stone) and/or Christmas, whichever comes first!

Afternoon All…

All goes well here…salad and omelette for dinner tonight…..a big pot of beef casserole cooking smells divine, mushrooms just gone in ready in about 30 mins…then going in the freezer.

Well I am up and running this morning getting jobs done, a freezer defrosted and another to do in a minute..popped to shops as I forgot lettuce and ham…grass to cut soon…Steve asleep!!..I keep saying grass is now dry to cut…..ummm…looks like it will be me..

MJ…
    Love ‘ the dieter gone wild day’…that’s me on a Friday….lol

Your plan of attack is bringing your weight down nicely…….weigh in tomorrow for us…then we must make a plan…a wedding for Steve’s daughter looks like February ..he needs a stone off so swimming starts next week it may give him the push he needs…instead of cruising along maintaining ..he needs a looser head on..

Hope everybody is doing ok….soon be dinner time…

Dave…
    Good idea brunch hope it works for you….

Jean x

Enjoyed our meal….nice to be just English food…lots of strange stuff in America …

All finished for the day…

Tomorrow’s Friday..Dieter Gone Wild Day…Haddock and chips…Yes Yes…take out at daughters..

Is everybody going to plan…..all good…now all finished…

Jean x

Still feeling rough and didnt go out this evening after all. Had a snooze on the sofa earlier, now cant sleep!
    Ive not eaten a great deal today so potentially could class it as my 2nd FD but we’ll see how tomorrow goes.
    Still keeping up with the restriction on sugar week. Today there was cake in work and I told myself I wouldnt have a piece until lunch time so I could have my usual calorie free morning. Then I thought, oh hang on, I cant have any at all!! Lol, nearly forgot!

Good to see everyone in our little group is doing ok.

Like the ‘dieter gone wild day’ image but for me thats the whole weekend and that needs to change if I want to keep up with the weight loss.

Heres hoping we all have a positive Friday.

Now wheres that sleep……

Morning. Successful fd yesterday. Really tired. Not sleping well at all. Full teaching day ahead. Crossing everything it goes smoothly. Hope you’re all ok. I think it’s time for me to find my gloves!

Morning All…

Blue sunny skies here…condensation on windows so must be cold…

Well who ate all the pies….lol..me….6 lbs on ouch!!…Steve 3 lbs on….I had loads of wine nearly on tap at daughters with all the chatty talking…Steve didn’t like the fizzy beer so one a night.

That must tell us all something…I am now out of maintenance 😬 and back to loosing..

Kay…
    Sorry you are feeling so bad…hope you soon buck up..well done on the cake..πŸ˜€

Rowena..
    You and your sleep…we need some ideas to get you to bed and sleep…

Hope the day goes well…weekend ahead.πŸ˜€

Hairdressers for me a good chop to get all the dry ends off….daughters later maybe just a Haddock for me but it’s Friday maybe a thoughtful one….it will be a hard week a head, no alcohol or sugary things…and of course swimming starts Monday!….not forgetting the water!

Have a good day everyone

Jean x

Where is everybody this morning?

Xx

Hello, I’m a newbie from sunny Bournemouth. I did my third FD yesterday and have lost 4lbs already – chuffed!! I did have a nasty headache, which was bothering me somewhat as I had stayed hydrated…turns out to be the dreaded lurgy and I’ve had to come home from work as coughing and sweating over my patients is not ideal! It’s good to read everyone’s stories and your support for each other. My next FD is Sunday and I am finding them easier each time. At the moment I am using the recipes from the 5:2 book which has a good variety. Does anyone know of any other websites for recipes? Thanks, Saran

Hi everyone πŸ™‚

Late posting today for me!

Welcome saranw .. nice to have you here, and well done on the weight loss so far πŸ™‚ We’re a friendly group here. Sorry your not feeling well, get better soon!!!

Jean, you will soon lose the 6lb .. you’ve already got right back into the FD’s so no problem πŸ™‚ I think on holiday you have to allow for a gain, and knowing this way of eating is here when you get back, makes it easier πŸ™‚

Rowena, hope your days going ok. Not easy when your so tired. Hope you get some rest and much needed sleep this weekend *hugs to you*

My FD yesterday was really good. 500 on the dot! That’s me done for the week now, next one will be Monday πŸ™‚

So sunny and bright here today, and its Friday!

Hope everyone else is out there, just busy I guess.

Next month, I’m toying with the idea of joining the November challenge on here. I’ve not done them so far, as I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself, but feel it will be a good push for me going forward to Christmas. Has anyone else ever done the challenges?

Take care everyone, and have a great weekend xx

DF…
    Well done on last week…we will be with you Monday…you are right we usually all put on over holidays with it been a long one for us more goes on….it will be off before November hopefully before.

As the challenges go, you are competing with yourself and not others…it’s getting really in tune with your own body….everybody is at different stages, some loose a lot as they have more to loose..when getting near goal it’s the last half a stone which is the hardest….We are tuning in these two months before Xmas…I really need Steve on track and me too now…so we are really trying instead of coasting along…

Saren…
    Welcome to our group…you have done really well 4 lbs off on three fasts…don’t forget to measure yourself, bust, waist, hips and I do tops of legs keep a note and do once a month…it’s surprising how the inches start moving…good luck with your journey..

As for recipes I tend to change the ones I like, or have smaller potions..so I can’t help you on that one. Have you got MyFitnessPal app on your phone..it counts your calories for you, it gives you an idea what you are eating…..Also the fast diet tracker on here ( top right of page) will tell how many calories to eat on a non fast day….I usually keep mine by under by 200 calories but of course you can go up to what it says.

Everybody busy today…have a lovely weekend and rest up for the workers…

Jean x

Thanks Jean, that makes sense about the challenges. Its about pushing ourselves. Its definitely slowing now I’ve less to lose. For me, to feel better in myself another half stone would be amazing πŸ™‚ I’m sure you will get there by November, and I’ll try and do the same πŸ™‚ See you on Monday for FD, have a great weekend xx

Survived the lunch out today as there was lots of salad, carrots and hummus. Surprising how that all adds up, but at least it’s a FD still. And I got the cupcakes I’d made there in one piece, they looked fab, but didn’t eat any myself! Willpower is finally kicking in, after a few years of deserting me!!
    Welcome to you Saranw- hope you soon get over the lurgy! I have a 5:2 recipe book by Jacqueline Whitehart which has some nice recipes in, I use that a lot, or just google low-cal recipes and I can spend hours browsing, and there’s loads if you search on pinterest too… I have a lot of poached egg and avocado on toast at the mo, as I just have the one meal.
    DF- it is hard to lose the weight after a bit, could you do 4:3 for a bit? That’s why I’m doing AFDs because I find the weight is too hard to lose otherwise. I think I’ve messed my metabolism up by crash diesting in the past! (Is that even a thing?!)
    Jean- you are doing so well to get straight back into FDs after your holiday!
    I think we’re all pretty focused on getting down for Christmas! I have a dress I bought last year in a sale, but by the time Christmas came round I’d already put on a few pounds and it didn’t look good! Maybe this year!
    Rowena- someone once suggested yoga nidra to me to help me sleep- I watched some videos on youtube and it’s certainly relaxing- you lay down to do it and focus on breathing etc.- have you tries anything like that?

Hi all. Well it was tough but I made it. I’ll look at that yoga Hedgehogs. Thanks.
    I’m in bed just chilling waiting for my sister to call to let me know she’s setting out for the pub. OH arranged for electricians to come at exactly the time we go to the pub to see my dad etc. Helpful. So ill meet my sis in the park down the road and walk together. Not sure how ill keep my eyes open. I’m sure a rum will help!!!!

Evening All…
    Friday…Dieter gone wild day….FD again for us tomorrow…..😬 Not good on a Saturday but not drinking so does it matter….

DF…
    Looks like we are chasing the same 7 lbs….see how we go….🀞

Hedgehog….
    We all must get it off for Xmas….and we have the wedding in February…good luck on the dress you will look amazing..πŸ˜€..

We will be having one day of Xmas this year already decided…maybe A bar of chocolate..lol

Rowena…
    Enjoy your rum tonight…have one or two it will make you sleep…

Kay..
    How are you doing?? Feeling any better…anything exciting happening this weekend…

Have a good evening guys..

Jean x

Morning all. Am awake at usual wirk day alarm time nut did have a better night. Will read for a bit then try to fall back to sleep. Quiet weekend really. Will go to town with oh as need to get a few things. Going to look at some houses that he has made appointment for. Then hopefully chill. Monthly greyhound walk tomorrow. Just can’t switch brain off from work. Am constantly thinking of things to do or worrying about things. Grrr.

Morning all! Am doing 2nd FD in a row today- didn’t expect yesterday to work as a FD, so planned a FD dinner tonight instead, so I might as well go for it as am in the mood for it! Next weekend will be different as have family get-together & Chinese for niece’s birthday and then hubby’s birthday next day, so a meal out… Quieter weekend this one; youngest is away, eldest at work today.
    Hope you enjoy the dog walk, Rowena, and Jean- hope your FD goes well too!

I’ve had two NFDs in a row and two more to go. Was worried that I’d pile on weight but over the last two days I’ve lost a pound!

Think I’ve managed to understand what hunger actually is. There were packs of big donuts going about work yesterday which I avoided.

So loss this week is 5lbs. That’s 9lbs since I started a fortnight ago.

#buzzin as the kids would say.

Good luck for the weekend everyone!

Well done Scotland. Go you hedgehogs! I’m not sure I could do a FD in a weekend! Good luck.

Morning everyone

Sorry, long post as missed a few days.

MJ, well done on your loss, I think once my sugar free month is over I’ll try and just have one treat day a week.

Jean, you’ve got back into the swing really quickly. The excess baggage you brought back will soon be gone.

Kay, hope you’re feeling better. There’s a bit of a cold knocking around our house at the moment, but nothing too bad. You seem to have a really bad dose.

Saran, welcome and well done on a great start. I don’t tend to follow recipes, but like Jean log using My Fitness Pal.

DF, I’ve joined a few of the challenges, but not for the last few months. They are good for support and I may join you in November/December and have a big end of year push.

Hedgehogs you did so well in surviving lunch out. For me that would have been a total failure. Well done on the 2nd fast day, you really are going for it.

Rowena, glad you had a better night last night. I know how hard it can be to switch off from work and regularly had a 3am moment before I took my leave. I used to have a pad by the bed and write down what was on my mind. Putting my worries on paper helped me get them out of my head. May be worth a try.

Dave, your loss so far is amazing, and just what you need at the start to give you motivation. Sounds like you’re modifying your NFD as well as fasting which is what makes this work in the long term.

Yesterday was a FD. Thought it was going to be a total failure as up from 2.30 with Phil being sick. Poor thing, he was repeatedly sick until the District Nurse called at around 10. Thank goodness the weather was good as I had so much washing as a result. Kept strong with just coffee until around 7pm and had egg, sausage and mushrooms. Really hit the spot and in bed by 10pm, a couple of hours earlier than usual.

So this morning is weigh in and the result is a 2.2lb loss this week. I am delighted. Today at T-3.1 (to lowest weight in June) so realistically should be there by the end of the month, ready for the big push to the end of the year, with the exception of my birthday next month.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Will try to post more regularly.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,101 through 14,150 (of 35,444 total)

You must be logged in to reply.