Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,973 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,651 through 11,700 (of 35,460 total)

• Sherpa well done on the spin x

Morning all

Carol it’s good to see you back I was hoping you would return..

I too am struggling with my fast days perhaps we can buddy up and support each other… I find I am ok until the evening then I just want to eat everything.. .. even though I know I am full.. I feel like i am in star trek episode “resistance is futile “…

I had a reasonable day yesterday but did succumb to cheese and sherry last night.. . No gain on the scales though. Not fasting today Will do my next one when I get home..

Have a good day all together we are stronger

Aud x

Morning All…

Really lovely this morning… off out and about this morning. Having a careful day a bit too much yesterday.

Sarah..
    Well done on yesterday..

Shera…
    Spinning at 6 am brilliant you make me tired thinking about it.

Have a good parents evening…

DF…
    Well done in your restraint lemon cake and KFC, hard when you are joining in…lol

Mrs O..
    Good rehearsal done…when is the play on?

Kay…
    Glad you are getting back on track have a good work day…

Audrey..
    You post has come in on e mail but not on here? As yet..

Glad your FD went well, safe journey home tomorrow (I think).. we are fasting tomorrow.

Jean x

Good morning F B Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A really cold one today but sunny so will be good walking. I seem to have acquired a companion in my other neighbour .. she loves it…traipsing along the rape fields. Funny how one door closes ( being my bestie moving) and another one opens. Lol.

Everyone is very active by the sounds of it … Keep it going girls. Xx

Best weight this morning… but it will all change soon I am sure. Starting with the Fish n chip supper tonight. Feel better this year at this time .. still sad for the years I felt we still had together. But that dark cloud has sort of gone and hope seems around the corner.

Have a good week girls… This I think applies to all of us at times. Xx

Brit Lovelies… When you stumble, eat a big salad… Eat more fruits… Drink lots of water…Eat lean protein.. Don’t skip breakfast… Forgive yourself… Move on… Reset. Xxxx

Hemmy…

Have a lovely walk with your new friend..

Your bestie, did she leave her hubby or having another go? It’s sad times..

You seem a strong you, have happy memories to get over this couple of weeks, enjoy time with Kirsty, we will get you through it. πŸ’•

Jean x

Morning all

I’m soooo tired today, a very late night and a whole bottle of wine meant the alarm going off at 6 for the boyfriend to go to work felt very unkind. Depressing that I’m clearly too old for late nights now!

Can’t decide whether to have a fast day today – no breakfast and forgot to bring my lunch to work, maybe just a light day as still got some creamy potatoes left for tonight.

I’m a bit behind with everyone’s posts so I’ll read back after work and catch up with you all.

Have a great day all. Clare x

Clare…
    Late nights gets to us all in the end, I’m ready for bed by 10 or 10.30… on holiday or not… lol

You are younger than I am.. πŸ˜‚

Jean x

Jean me too I can be in bed at 9 when I am not out.
    My play is on 9th to 12th May two weeks eeek !!!!

Hi All..

Really lovely day not too cold… out and about had a really lovely day. Lunch and coffee out.

We got back to caravan at about 2 pm so I decided to clean it outside all very therapeutic… just had a light fleece on.

I have never seen so many mixed birds on our feeders, including ducks and bunnies underneath… all fighting to feed their babies I think..

Mrs O…
    What is your play called ..would we know?

So very brave I don’t think I could do it .. lol

Jean x

Evening everyone

Jean, when we used to go to our caravan I loved the fact the housework stayed here (well the ironing anyway). Hope you get chance to relax.

Aud, your Star Trek quote made me laugh. Phil is a Trekkie (it’s on now) and wanted to use Borg as our youngest daughter’s middle name. Now I think it may have been quite apt.

Hemmy, the way you expressed how you feel sad for the future years you missed with Andrew describes perfectly how I feel. When Phil was first diagnosed I used to get upset when I heard people taking about their golden/diamond anniversaries – I felt cheated. But this now is your year, a time for happy memories and you know we will all be here for you.

Yesterday saw the expected whoosh after the salty KFC, had a controlled day yesterday and I’m managing alright so far today with a FD.

Tricky day tomorrow. Phil has a scan at one hospital and I’ve been told to expect him to be admitted to another hospital – he’s unwell again and not eating/drinking properly and is being sick. GP has now given him an injection, but he resisted being admitted today. If things don’t improve I don’t think he stands much chance of staying home tomorrow.

Well not long to go now, hope all fasters are managing to stay strong.

Lynne x

Lynne…

You do so very well to fast when you have so much going on..
    My thoughts are with you tomorrow, Phil at one hospital and may have to be admitted to another…hoping the out come is better than you think and the sickness subsides and he comes back home.
    Look after yourself take time out if you can. It’s such a worry…πŸ’•

Jean x

Hi. Just got in. Very full on day but actually very positive. Just enjoying a rum and diet coke before fast day 2 of the week tomorrow.
    Hope all of you are well πŸ˜€

Lynne I really hope your husband feels a bet better you are in a tough situation.xx

The play I am doing is neighbourhood watch by Alan Ayckbourn it is very funny but quite dark. In the summer I have a small part in an outdoor version of pride and predjudice. I don’t get so many roles now as am too old for the young parts but too young for the older parts. Welcome to middle age!

Just worked everyone so hard I boxing tonight “evil laugh”

Evening all.
    Well nearly finished my first FD in 4 weeks. Not been to bad today. I’ve decided to only fast when I won’t be alone in the evening as that’s my danger time. Having lots of palpitations at the moment. I must be more stressed out than I thought.
    Audrey
    It seems we are in the same boat with the evening eating binges. Yes we can buddy up and give each other support. I feel much better now I’m back on the forum.

Have a good evening all. 😁

Lynne so sorry that must be so very difficult. Well done continuing to fast when it must be the last thing on your mind.

Mrs O thank you so much for the info. Really interesting. Good luck with the play. I am forcing myself to drink more water. Think I get dehydrated – not good for eyes! I was hardly drinking any really.

Jean, you are a positive powerhouse of energy!

Hemmy, hope you are having a lovely day with Kristy. Enjoy those fish and chips xx

Night night everyone. Xx

Sorry ladies, I went AWOL again. You usually know that means I’m being a bit naughty! To be honest, not really really naughty, but not good enough for someone trying to achieve a goal in 2 weeks timeπŸ˜‚. I think I’m just starting to wind down for my holiday a little early and I’m tired now and so ready for the break, the effort of staying in control food wise is increasingly becoming a challenge. I had a good FD on Monday, another one on Friday this week.

I see lots is happening. Jean and Aud, hope you’re enjoying your break.

Carol and Tammy, you will find a way to get back into the swing before too long. The point is you haven’t given up and every day you start fasting is a probably a lighter day calorie wise than you otherwise might have had.

Clare, I did the wine thing last night too and like you was unimpressed when the alarm went off this morning. At 36 I just can’t do it anymore.

Brrrr, it’s just so cold this week. I am fearing for my plants which are trying to bloom. I hope this coldness doesn’t harm them.

xx

Morning all

Quick post from me. Had a bad day food wise yesterday… back home today hoping to beat the rain and pack up dry. Will post when I get home later

Have a good day

Audrey x

Lynne, sending lots of love, I hope your husband is soon home with you .. such a worrying time. Thinking of you xx

Caspersmum, great job on getting through your FD πŸ™‚

Shera, good luck with today .. I’m with you, fasting too πŸ™‚

Jean, hope your enjoying your break .. I love seeing all the birds this time of the year .. nesting and feeding their babies πŸ™‚

Clare, how are you? I’m terrible after a night of wine now lol … I’m definitely getting too old LOL.

I’m on a FD today, and am determined to make it a good one πŸ™‚

Sending all my love to everyone here, I know a few are going through a rough time at the moment, but I just want you to know that I appreciate every single one of you .. you’re amazing!

HUGE HUGS xx

Morning All…

Rain greeting us this morning maybe a warmer day..

I had a bit of a rebellion on me last night..although fasting from 6pm.. Steve was on holiday had two penguin biscuits and two whisky’s he is fed up of not eating!!!

We Are fasting today…

Shera…
    A long day for you yesterday with parents evening… which age do you teach? My daughter is a teacher in reception, although she is in charge from 3 years old to year 2. Lower years.

Angela..
    You and Steve are naughty! Steve is hopefully fasting today πŸ˜‚

Two weeks to holiday how exciting.. hoping you have everything organised…

Mrs O..
    You are so busy with amateur dramatics quite brave….evil at 5′ umm.. lol

Carol…
    Well done on finishing your fast day.. little steps I knew you would do it πŸ˜€

Sarah..
    I am with you on the water, I really must drink more… I only have my cuppa’s.. lol.. I will try harder when I am home..

Hemmy..
    Enjoy your time with Kirsty and a good time shopping..

Audrey..
    Safe journey home today or tomorrow.. the caravan is all ready for the next holiday in a few weeks πŸ˜€

Going to Reeth today a small circular route by car…

Enjoy your day everyone… have a good fasting day too.

Jean x

Morning. Jean I teach 11-18. I’m the head of art and design.

Thanks DF. Got a headache already so hope fasting won’t make it worse. Got my glasses on which helps, taken Painkillers and got lots of drinks to get through.

Stay strong!

Shera..
    Hope your day improves not good with headache… keep strong.

That’s the word I was looking for ‘heads’ the lower school. She is Assistant Head, one of 4 it’s a very large school.. two year groups right up the school, a very deprived area with at least half her class not speaking English when starting with her in September..when moving up by the next year they are speaking English and doing better than English children.

Teaching is a lot harder than people think, very long hours..

Sorry on that, hope you feel better. Xx

Audrey..
    Posts crossed .. have a safe journey home we will be back tomorrow xx

Morning all!

Caspersmum – maybe do a spot of research into 16-8 and let us know how it goes. I’m confident you’ll get back into the swing of things πŸ™‚

Sarah, Jean, Hemmy – I’m the same about meals out. When you’re used to eating well, it’s so disappointing paying the money to go out and thinking “Well, I could’ve made this better and cheaper”. This is why Trip Advisor is my absolute LIFESAVER. Anytime I fancy treating myself, I always head there and find somewhere with plenty of 4.5+ ratings from other people. I don’t like to waste my NFDs haha!

Lynne – thoughts are with you.

Shera, Dragonfly – FD for me too! We can do this! Woke up feeling hungry though, so hoping dinner comes around quickly…

I had a massive victory yesterday. I’m trying really hard to not overdo my NFDs, and yesterday, 2/3 through my dinner (pasta puttanesca, delicious), I just realised I was full and satisfied, and stopped. I was always brought up to eat everything on my plate, and while I do think that is important (I would NEVER throw food away or not finish if I was a guest somewhere), I knew I could just pop the rest in the fridge for tomorrow. I’ve often been uncomfortably full just because I’d always finished regardless. So yay! I hope this is a breakthrough in eating more mindfully…

x

Morning Ladies!

Thought I would pop in and say hello as I am a newbie to the forum and beginner of 5:2 – exciting times! Before I ripped my right calf muscle just over two years ago, I was really happy with my figure and weight, which I achieved through pure hard work and determination (I am just under 5ft so I find it hard to lose weight, but oh so easy to put it on!). The last two years have been a whirlwind of pain and rehab with many other injuries on both my legs, of which was all down to the original rip of my right calf – shin splints, sciatica, calf pain, Achilles pain, lower back pain. Sometimes I can only walk 200 yards before I have to stop because of the pain. However, I am as stubborn as a mule when it comes down to moving, despite the pain (exercise flares up my symptoms big time, so I am not allowed to exercise), but my mental attitude towards my appetite is another story!

So…I have around 35lbs to lose (yikes!) and as I am not allowed to exercise (and I am rubbish with restricting my diet 24/7), I am hoping 5:2 will get me back on track. I am also newly engaged and would like to feel comfortable with my figure for the big day. I have done 5:2 before and it worked so well over the first few weeks, but then I fall off the wagon.

I hope to contribute to your posts (we are all in this together right) and I see you are fab at motivating each other so hope that will help me on my weight loss journey, and keep me on 5:2 so I get to my goal this time! xx

Afternoon Everybody…

Just got back from a morning out…passed a few pie shops with Steve to teach him a lesson from his naughtyness last night.. he wasnt allowed any… lol

Only had a pot of tea in the cafe… Oh the cakes ummm.. NO…

Ellie..
    Well done on not finishing your meal.. it’s hard when you have been brought to eat your plate clean, Steve finds it hard as he was brought up the same..I am naughty if I done like I don’t eat, I can leave food quite easily.

Jo…
    Welcome to our group.. let’s get you ready for your wedding… lots of us on here which don’t exercise for one reason or another so it’s possible to move the weight.. they say exercise can only move 10% of the weight , 90% is what we eat. The exercise tones you and helps flab.

Keep with us for support and get to know us.. shout for any help there is always someone about..

Hope all the fasters are doing well today..we are having lambs chops with salad tonight.. I have brought my scales in for the morning weigh in from the car… hoping for a maintain this week 🀞🏻

Keep strong half way to go..

Jean x

Hi all

Home safe busy unpacking going to fast tomorrow trying to stay lowish today..

Welcome Jo, lots of support and help here..

Back later

Keep strong fasters

Audrey 3

hey all….

I hope you don’t mind me jumping in on yr thread?
    I came across this forum whilst looking up the diet

a little abt myself…. I’m a mum of 3 amazing daughters, separated (going thru a messy divorce) although I’m now with an amazing man who has totally changed mine and my daughters world, I’m happy its taken 3 years but I’m happy! all except my weight issues!!

I’m an emotional eater I eat out of bordem, happiness, sadness, I dnt think I even know what feeling hungry feels like

so that’s where the 5:2 comes in id been doing it for a few weeks then stopped and now I back on it, trying harder than ever to sort myself out, to sort my head out and for once and for all sort my weight issues out

I really think this forum could help just to chat to ppl who know why I’m cold, have a headache, feeling hangry

anyway just wanted to introduce myself and say hi πŸ™‚

Hi. Really really struggling. Still got really bad headache. Drank loads. Really hungry. So stubborn I refuse to give up when 2 thirds done. Such a difference to Tuesday.

hey keep going its neary 430 can you do something to keep yr mind off food.. maybe grab a shower will warm you up and waste a bit of time

keep going will be so worth it when you climbed into bed tonight knowing you finished the day how you wanted to

xxx

Hi All…
    Glad you got home and hopefully sorted out.. have a good FD tomorrow..

Shera..
    Keep going we are nearly finished.. we can eat tomorrow πŸ˜€.. sorry your headaches still with you maybe an early night needed, it was a busy day yesterday for you.

My dinners late going in oven busy talking to daughter on phone.. looks like a 5.30 meal 😩

Teen…
    Welcome to our thread, lots of help and support if you need any… we have Jo who has joined us today as well. Join in and get to know us all..

Keep strong fasters not long now…

Jean x

Thanks both.
    Got a miso soup and 2 ryvita to keep me going.

HI all and welcome Jo and Teen, you will find that both 5/2 and this thread really help you to conquer weight issues. Good luck.

Shera, I often find the second fast harder and especially as you have only had one day off in between fasts. I find I do better with two days between. No matter, it is not worth ruining the day now you are this far. You probably need salt. The miso will help but maybe have a bit more, even if its just a lick off your finger. A headache for me means I need more salt and water.

Teen feeling cold is a bit of thing on fast days and especially at the beginning. The only thing that really sorts it for me is a hot bath.

Well done Ellie and Jean, that leaving food uneaten is something I am really bad at. My daughter just stops at the mouthful she has had enough so at least I haven’t passed on my bad habits to her. Ellie you may know already but reheated cooked pasta so much better for you than first time around so if you hung on to it you can virtually see it as a superfood if you go back to it.

Ellie I use TA a lot too, but don’t always think it is reliable. Jean and Hemmy were talking about all those people enjoying the mediocre food out. I sometimes think there are more of those who comment that the ones with good taste ( like us LOL ).

Hope everyone has had a good day and hoping yours was better than anticipated, Lynne xx

Hi All NFD for me as Thursday my day off been shopping and I have a disappointing salad in John Lewis I hate it too when food doesn’t live up to expectations waste of calories!
    Of course the fasters may be feeling cold today because it is really bloody cold!
    Anyway FD for me tomorrow early start and super busy so good day to fast
    Have a great evening xx

Doh…just typed post and lost it grrr!

Right fasting today but awoke the hunger beast so I have already had my 400 cals, so now have to resist eating anything else!
    I dont think its helped being cold and tired. The heating is now on! And I hope to have an early restful night after a few bad nights of not sleeping and having bad dreams.

Ellie update. She is still defying the odds and still with us. Vets are amazed. She does have a patch of skin which we are watching very closely but otherwise fingers crossed that we have her for a bit longer yet.

My mum has finally had all her tests and has seen the consultant and the heart failure is resulting from a leaky heart valve. That being said, consultant didnt seem overly concerned. He was more worried about the amount of fluid she is retaining. After just 3 days without tablets, she was back to being breathless and in pain. Hopefully with the adjustment of meds, she will start feeling better again soon and then hopefully somewhere near to her old self.

Far to many posts to remember everyone, but here are a few.

Jean, the rebellious Steve made me chuckle! I bet he is sulking today after sitting in a teashop and having no cake!

Audrey, glad you managed to get back and unpacked in the dry. Hope you manage to stay lowish today.

Hi and welcome on board to Teen and Jo.

Lynne, hoping things get better for you very soon.

Sheera, DF and Ellie, hope the fasting is going ok for you.

Angela, come on, you still have 2 weeks until your holiday! You will enjoy it all the more if you stay in control for the next 14 days!

Sarah, hows it going? Its weigh in for me tomorrow and although I know I wont be back down to where I was, I will certainly be a lot better than I was last week πŸ˜‰

Carol, well done for getting back on track. Even though you may not feel that you are doing so well, you are definitely doing better than you would be if not with us. Stick with it.

Off for a hot bath soon. I just feel like one for a change and it keeps me out of the kitchen.

Kay x

hey all πŸ™‚

can I ask how much water you drink of FD
    I really really struggle with drinking it

Mrs O haha yes that is quite true…it is just cold….

Kay, so pleased Ellie is hanging in in here. I have been up and down a bit in April. Lost only 2lbs. Hoping for a pound tomorrow at weigh in but not feeling it at the moment.

Teen, I have only just started teying make sure 1.5 litres a day. I have been very bad at it but I know I end up dehydrated sometimes.

Hungry FD today but out for a meal tomorrow night so no option but to continue. Night night all xx

Teen I drink more on fast days. 1.5l water and lots of herbal tea.

I’m off to bed. Hope headache gone tomorrow and that I get some sleep. Need up at about 600cals. Hope mot ruined it now. Night x

Teen, I dont tend to measure my fluids, just regularly have a drink to hand.
    I dont drink much plain water, unless Im really thirsty. I drink fizzy water on its own or with a slice of lemon or I drink plain water with sugar free squash.
    I dont drink normal tea, just herb teas and black coffee.

I just think you need to get whatever drinks in you can, so if you cant drink lots of plain water, have something you can drink πŸ˜‰

thankyou kay that’s made me feel so much better, I drink tea and diet coke and desperately try to drink water ill start adding some squash with it πŸ™‚

Teen

Just increase your liquid intake gradually.. if you have soup it also counts as liquids.. I drink diet Vimto a lot… cold in summer and hot in winter… I try to avoid fruit juices because of all the sugar… any extra liquid helps really…

Night all. Have not had a good day calorie wise must do better on my fast tomorrow

Aud x

thankyou so much loving this site already πŸ™‚

nyt all going to bed, early nyt as its a FD

sleep well xxx

Jean,
    Im going to make some of your choccie buns….when you say 1 choc bar (aldi ones) do you mean 1 of the 100g bars…is that large or small??

Melt chocolate in dish over boiling water..
    2 small or 1 large eating chocolate bars ( not cooking)
    Three hand fulls of granola
    Hand full of mixed seed
    Hand full and a bit extra of flaked almonds…(almonds toasted till coloured in a dry pan)

Hi Teen and Jo! Welcome along!

Sarah – I just don’t understand how people do it. I’ve never had that inbuilt “that’s-enough-let’s-stop” reflex. Hence why yesterday felt such a massive deal! Who knows, maybe if I practise hard enough I’ll be able to grow a new reflex?! Haha!
    Ahh, I see what you mean. Everyone has different tastes for sure. I’ve definitely been caught out at times thinking “is this really what all the hype was about?!” Happily it’s led me to some delights too though so can’t complain.

Shera – well done for getting through the day! 600 on a day you were struggling is a massive success. Just think – some people say you can even go up to the 800 threshold on a FD, and you were far below that. Now you got through today, you can tackle it again the next time no trouble!

Kay – great news about Ellie! Best wishes to your mum.

FD over for me today. It’s been quite a hungry one but I did my workout and made myself a huge plate of dinner – fried egg, tender stem broccoli, minted peas, avocado with chilli flakes and tomatoes, followed by a strawberry protein shake. All carefully weighed and counted and just 500 cal. Got a 5:2 book out of the library today so reading up some new recipe ideas and then bed!

Night all x

Hi Kay..
    I buy the Lidl bars 30p thin bars 3″ by 6″.. I put 1 plain and 1 milk but that’s up to what you like.. if buying from Aldi 1 bar large choc about 90p would do.. my measures are ‘about’, just hand fulls…keep adding into the chocolate until it won’t take any more and it’s all covered.

Good luck I hope you like…

Really pleased Ellie is doing well, it’s such good news..

Fingers crossed for tomorrow I will be pleased to maintain..

Jean x

Kay…
    If granola is real big I break it down a bit..
    X

Morning all. About to climb out of bed. Had another disturbed night. Headache still here. After shower will sink my teeth into some oats and berries. Yum. So glad today is nfd! It’s difficult standing in front of kids keeping control when you don’t feel well. Let’s hope for an easy day! Good luck to all the fasters.

Morning all

I can’t quite believe it but it seems I have lost 4lbs this week. After the whole of April with minimal loss, I have now gone down in a whoosh. This is the most I have lost since week 1. How in earth did that happen?

I got on and off the scales about 6 times because I couldn’t quite believe what they were telling me. So 41lbs lost in total and 6lbs to go to goal. Bmi well into normal range. Super delighted! The only changes I have made are possibly more walking and for the last couple of days a lot more water. Sort of expecting it to be a blip and next week I’ll be up a bit. Anyway for now v happy!

Shera stick with it, you might even be fighting a virus. If it is 5/2 the worst symptoms do lessen after a few weeks.

Morning All..

Packing up to leave about 10, back on here later pm.

I have maintained while away Steve up 2 lbs!! No comment !

Sarah..
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant 4 lbs off when you were so stable for the month .. there’s hope for us yet.. 6 lbs to goal .. Audrey dance please.. lol

Kay ..
    Hope you like my choc buns πŸ˜€ Keep some in a tin.. go slowly… lol

Must dash things to do… have a good day fasters ..

Well done on Thursday fasters ..

Jean x

A quick post from me today, I’m on my own at work and its been manic!

Weigh in today puts me at the same weight as last Friday .. no gain, no loss, can’t help feel rather disappointed πŸ™ I’m wondering if its water weight, hormonal rubbish going on. Not sure, but I’ll turn it round to make me more determined!

Have a fabulous Friday xx

I have come to a conclusion…

Steve must sleep walk and raid the fridge when I am fast asleep!

We are swimming next week!

X

Morning all,

Sarah, well done on the 4lb loss. That’s fabulous. You must be beaming.

Jean, well done on maintaining while away, that’s not easy to do at all.

Welcome Teen and Jo. Lots of good advice and support here.

Kay, good news about Ellie. Marmite is still clinging on here too. It must be all the love helping them to battle through. I will stick with 5:2 til my holiday, I promise.

FD for me today, back to a Friday to try to keep the weekend low. Too many bank holidays in quick succession.

I’ve not been well again this week with tummy problems. Its not like a bug this time though and more like IBS cramping. It hurts when I eat (which shouldn’t be a bad thing but I’ve pushed through the pain!πŸ˜‚) I used to have the constitution of an ox, I’ve never had any tummy issues in my life but this year I’ve been suffering a bit. Has anyone else had this since being on 5:2? It may all be coincidental or perhaps I’ve become more sensitive through 5:2?

xx

Viewing 50 posts - 11,651 through 11,700 (of 35,460 total)

You must be logged in to reply.