Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,984 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 6 hours, 50 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,101 through 11,150 (of 35,471 total)

• Morning everyone

Kay, hope you have a great birthday and that your pre-birthday celebrations went well. I always think a birthday week is a more fitting celebration, so if you’re back on track before this time next week then you’ve exceeded expectations.

Jean, good luck with your FD and have a great day out in York.

Hemmy, another pound off and really close to goal now.

Sarah, you’ve done really well this month, won’t be long before you’re in single figures.

Tammy, hope you have a great day today and it ends with some extra spending money for hols.

Clare, hope the beef sandwich tasted as good as it sounds.

Weighed this morning and I’ve lost 4.7lb this month. Not quite where I’d like to be, but in the right direction.

I think April will be my relax month. I’ve been sugar free since the beginning of Feb and will continue until Easter, but then will have to devour the Lindor and Ferrero Rocher which have been calling since Mother’s Day. I’ve never really done 5:2 the traditional way, so may give it a try this month and see how I get on without my liquid fasts, just to mix things up a bit.

Really tired this morning so will need to be careful with food choices. Think porridge at around 11 may be a good start.

Hope everyone has a great day

Lynne x

Good morning

I had such a busy day yesterday it kept me out of the kitchen and off the computer pretty much all day since the morning.

I’ve just caught up with all the posts. Well done everyone – it all seems so positive this morning.

Happy birthday wishes (it’s my middle daughter’s birthday too).

Thanks for the advice regarding magnesium. I’ll check that out as I don’t sleep too well at the best of times but that night after the fast day was awful.

Well, I’ve paid heed and taken my measurements so I can see if I’m losing inches as well as weight so thank you for that suggestion and thank you for telling me I should weigh myself after the 2nd fast day, I’ll do that in future but for now I’ve just weighed myself this morning and….

3lbs off – woohoo. To say I’m delighted is an understatement. I suppose a lot of that 3lbs might be fluid but right now I’m feeling good. I’m really looking forward to my next fast day now.

Does it matter how many fast days you do in a week? I know it’s called the 5:2 but does anyone do more? Or is it better to keep it steady on 2 fast days a week and perhaps do a third if the weight loss slows down?

Sorry to go on and on but I am so pleased.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Dolly xx

Lynne, well done on the loss for March. Fabulous. As long as it’s coming off it doesn’t matter how long it takes.

Dolly, fabulous loss this week. I think a few people do more days fasting. I have done it and not seen the benefit. Everyone does what works for them and it can be a bit trial and error. Personally, I’m a believer that you can send your body into starvation mode and slow down your metabolism if you eat too little so it has the opposite effect. On FD’s I eat one meal, in the evening, often with a little sugary treat for after. Then on NFD’s I simply try to stay within TDEE calories. Once a week I let myself off any kind of calorie counting. I don’t try to stick to low carb or anything. It’s working for me and I feel it’s long term sustainable.
    I used to often do my 2 FD’s back to back, but that wasn’t working for me as I then had a solid 5 days to get my appetite up again, so now I split them, ideally Monday and Fri but sometimes Thursday instead. I find that helps me stay on track. It’s about finding what works for you.
    I’ve just had a week off fasting due to social and work pressures and I didn’t gain much and I lost that again within a week. I’m hoping that having eaten up a bit has boosted my metabolism again.
    My weight loss has been slow, but I am getting towards my goal and living my life with it, that’s why this works. I’ve only lost 1/2lb in March, but I’ve had many social things to deal with and probably, without 5:2, I would have gained weight during March, so for me it’s been successful.

However, April I’m going for it. Apart from 1 wedding I have little standing in my way…

xx

Thank you gottotrysomething. I am still finding my feet with 5:2

You’re right – any loss is better than a gain so well done.

Dolly x

Well done on the loss Dolly, thats a great start πŸ™‚

I weighed in on Friday morning and was 10.0 so a pound up from 2 weeks ago, but not too bad considering Ive not been really doing 5:2 apart from the last few days.

Sarah, well done, Im so pleased for you! Enjoy L’ Spa and your evening.

Tammy, hope you have had good news today.

Jean and Steve, good luck with your FD. Enjoy shopping.

Hemmy, well done! Almost there! And glad you feel better although I agree with Sarah on the iron, go carefully. I dont eat meat and Im not sure I get much in the way of dark green vegetables but I give blood regularly without a problem.

The weather here is rubbish today, so nothing planned. Its going to be nicer tomorrow so we have a coastal walk planned. Last night we went to the local pub for a couple of drinks and I have just had a plate of mussels, and am sipping Prosecco as I write this, still in pjs so yes the birthday is going well!!
    Neil has food planned for today, on a tapas theme…small dishes throughout the day and made a fantastically indulgent chocolate orange cheesecake ganache thing…woohoo…
    Going to catch up with some tv stuff like masterchef, read my gardening magazine and plan the garden and find a film to watch….going to try and remember the films that were mentioned on here recently πŸ™‚

An update on home life….Ellie (our dog) had a check up yesterday and the vet is really surprised and pleased at how she is doing. By now we were all expecting the end, so fingers crossed she stays stable for a lot longer! Steroid dosage has been reduced, so lets hope it works ok…

My mum has started on water tablets and so far she is less breathless and less chest pain but still very tired. Awaiting results of chest xray and still waiting for appointment for echo cardiogram. She had a heart attack many many years and is already on lots of meds so not sure where else they can go in treating the heart failure, but lets see.

Right Im off to pamper my feet πŸ™‚

Kay, pampering is exactly what today should consist of. Neil seems to have the food in hand and it sounds wonderful.

Glad Ellie is holding her own and Mum is getting some relief from the water tablets. Hope the improvements continue.

Relax and enjoy your day!

ps Is Neil available to hire?

Afternoon All…

All going good with FD it’s strange doing it today but it will fit around commitments..

Bought a lovely purse from Radley, supposed to be Β£86, god knows were they find those prices, Β£24 so good buy I suppose…it has a lot of card holes which I wanted, I still would of liked it smaller hope I manage with it…purses are so personal.

Kay…
    Really glad you are having a wonderful day and dear Ellie is with you…good news on the vet front. Enjoy you coast walk sounds really lovely and Neil doing all your tit bits through the day…

Dolly…
    Well done on 3 lbs off a really good start..

We have always done two fasts and never thought doing three made much difference….but we have really hit a plateau so three fasts have helped me move my weight this month, Steve is still struggling on three. So really I would continue on two a week and when you hit a plateau maybe try three.

Angela..
    You have had a heavy month in March…..good luck to April…

Lynne…
    See how you go doing the normal 5.2 this month, may be slower but fits into your life style better..

Hemmy…
    I have got my iron tablets but the pharmacist talked me in to a stronger one, 210 mg, I will see how they go. I have been on these before when having my children, you can take three a day but I shall only take one. Boots had run out of the magnesium but I still have a bottle unopened yet.

Did you get some plants…lol

Jean x

Hi everyone

Just a quick one

Have had a fantastic morning, am a bit squiffy we won a fantastic Β£8,800, brilliant time had by all the winners., think I might stay squiffy all day.

Now what to spend it on πŸ˜†

Hope your all well.

Tammy xxx

Tammy..

What a lovely wind fall…

You deserve to be squiffy…enjoy your day….I am really pleased for you, we were waiting to see what you had won…

Enjoy your holiday but please come back..

Jean x

Hi everyone! Been a bit absent on here recently – which always seems to go hand in hand with overindulging on my NFDs… Enjoyed by big night out a lot on Thursday but I must be getting old because my hangover was tremendous and I couldn’t do anything yesterday except eat – a LOT. Feeling really bloated today and hoping to claw back some balance. I’ve also not been able to do alternate day fasting the past few days because of social plans for end of term… telling myself it’s more important to have enjoyed myself.

On a happier note, I absolutely CRUSHED my HIIT workout at the gym today. Yesterday’s food fest must have done the slightest bit of good! I do my High Intensity Interval Training once a week – I set the treadmill to max speed, and do 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off. Today I reached a personal best of 15 minutes of this! I also got my housemate to take photos of me in January which I’ve compared with fresh ones from this morning, after completing a 12 week training program. Overall I look so much fitter and leaner, so I’m trying to celebrate this success without getting complacent and slipping backwards. Here’s to 3 fasts next week πŸ’ͺ🏼

Jean – a year in Germany sounds wonderful. I’m sure going out to visit was lovely. I lived in Belgium for a year and absolutely loved it, it’s so nice to be able to have experiences like that. Great news on the purse – I love a good bargain too!

Dolly – funnily enough it’s not too confusing. I feel like they all live in separate parts of my brain. But it can be tricky to switch over instantly between Italian and Spanish as they’re so similar. Oh and a huge well done on your loss!

Β£8,800?!? Tammy that is absolutely incredible! Think of the holidays you could go on… Sounds like today you need a bit of a celebration.

Currently on a train back home for Easter. So excited! x

How lovely – what a nice amount of money to win – enjoy it.

Dolly x

Tammy, absolutely fantastic. I would be a little more than squiffy if that happened to me. Enjoy. xx

I probably am passing the squiffy mark, need to eat something lol

Tammy xxx

Hi All…

I have finished the day at 490 calories, I lowered my dinner after my breakfast was up too much…so quite pleased.

End…
    You sound as if you have been having fun…good job your homeward bound….lol..enjoy Easter holidays..

Well done on crushing your HIIT….does it help the hangover….lol

I was with my ex when daughter was in Germany ( a very awkward husband) we didn’t visit her but she got home lots on North Sea Ferries…strangely now with Steve we have been to Germany lots of times and love it…we visited a Beer Keller in Cologne where she had worked, which was nice to see.

She moved to Dubai for 20 years, I went loads of times then took Steve after we married. My ex refused to go, so I went on my own and said it was non negotiable!

I was with Steve when the 3 Grandchildren arrived, my daughter rang me from the car each time when going into hospital, my case already packed, baby arrived and I was on my way having an open air ticket, Steve taking me to the airport…leaving me doing mother things. Exciting times….

She is now in the States..so instead of going East we go West…lol

My life story sorry….

Have a good evening and a lovely holiday with your family

Jean x

HI All – well done Dolly, congratulations Tammy, good job Jean and Steve! Had a lovely day off wee jobs and no work, so feeling chilled! Heading off for first bath, and determined not to work this evening either.

Hope to fast tomorrow if I feel up for it, but not fussed if I don’t as I’ve been doing AFD this week (nearly, but not quite all completed fasts!). Going to do strict 5:2 up to Easter as I’m of the view that over-doing the fasts every week can send me into starvation mode, and that feasting is important

Off for my early soak.

Mx

Hi Girls. xx

Well what a difference a Kristy makes. Lol Sitting here with 2nd Merlot and eating last week-end s chocolates. Naughty me but they are lovely.

Sarah… I had to smile about the new partners we were discussing. Well tonight the tune has changed to not known each other long. Lol Happy with our own places. So there you have it. I will wait a while longer.. follow gut feeling. .. Hope you are enjoying Leamington Spa. xx

Angela .. sounds like April will be your month with not much so far in the way. Xx

Kay Xxxx So glad things are looking better for you and yours. Sounds like Neil is making this a very special day for you which you deserve, Xx

Dolly .. well done that’s a brilliant loss… keep going. Xx

Tammy… that is smashing news. Xx… what a damn good win .. you can really treat yourselves with that. Stay with us. Xx

Lynne . Really good to mix it up a bit also keeps the interest going. Xx

End.. well done with that gym work. Good luck with next weeks FDs. Xx

Minois Enjoy your soak. Xx

Sym… Didn’t get much from the carboot. A few nice Yankee Candles at a good price. No plants as yet… there are usually lots of home grown ones maybe a bit early yet. Still nice look around in the sunshine.

A nice rest from walking tomorrow…Kristy walking duty.
    Well done with your fasts today both.. think Steve will be deserve a little treat tomorrow. You could make some scones lol.. Xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok…. Carol how’s it going. Xxxx

Nighty Nite

Don’t let the bed bugs bite. Xxxx

Morning All…

Dull start supposed to be a good day…

Off to A.R.S.E…..Annual Rally Start Event….the start of our treasure hunt on the motorbike…somewhere near Holmfirth, a cafe….hope a fair few attend …

Minols…
    Glad you had a good Saturday and had a good relaxing soak..πŸ›€..is it the jelly baby day? Today. Have a good FD..

Hemmy…
    Have you tried the smelly reeds in a glass dish….I have just bought for the two loos, Β£2.99 from Home Bargains…they are nice and keeping the smell…a vanilla downstairs and a cinnamon upstairs….I shall buy again.

Enjoy have a relaxing day, nice you can miss Mr Pips walk…let Kirsty have a turn…..we may have a treat at the cafe, see if something tempts us…..it has to be worth the calories…lol

Have a good lazy Sunday everybody as the week starts again and some more weight is loss….lol

Jean x

Morning all,

A lovely sunny day here in Nottingham.

Jean, had to laugh at the acronym for your event today! πŸ˜‚ Have fun.

Minols, lovely to hear you taking some time to relax a bit. it’s good for the soul. What is AFD?

Well I’m spending some much needed time in the garden finally. Completely ruining the manicure I had yesterday but never mind! I’ve dug up a geranium that I struggle to keep at bay every year and replaced it with a hydrangea I put in a pot last year. Fingers crossed it likes it’s new home. I’m attempting the mammoth de-weed of the season. Sarah, your hubby may be able to give me some advice here: I get overrun with something that looks like flat leaf parsley. I think it’s creeping buttercup but not sure. Is there anything I can do that doesn’t involve digging to keep it at bay but not ruin my plants? (Peonies, azaleas, red hot pokers and fuschias?)
    My alliums are coming up now and should be in flower next month. I only get 5 or so stems every year but they’re beautiful. One of my faves.

Right, off to ruin my manicure some more. I love just digging right in with my hands. It’s very calming. (And scales were shockingly up this morning so double bonus of the extra calorie burn!) xx

Hi everyone, almost finished my first week, so far so good!

Hi All…

A lovely day for a ride out, about 50 people arrived at the cafe out of about 160, so not bad….lots of people will be in the South, Wales and Scotland, he moves the start about so everybody has a turn of getting to the first one.

We did have cake and tea, was it worth it possibly not, it was nice/ OK…not good enough to be worth the calories..☹️…very poor service…interesting place, really big 1950’s feel, old cars, 1950’s dresses to buy, furs etc…

Angela….
    Your poor manicure…hoping the garden all looks nice if you get it finished….on the weed thing, can you buy something to paint on the weeds leaves and it dies….I am not good in the garden but I have bought something like that before….I like weed killers especially path clear..it kills the lot…πŸ˜‚

Kaz…..
    Well done on your first week finished …hope you lost some weight….are you popping by and joining in for support….

All very quiet on here everybody enjoying the weather…

Jean x

Hi all. Just finishing a fairly straightforward FD…but still need to go and do the shopping for the week – dangerous time!

Claremont. ..was it you asked about AFD? Alternate fast days…Sometimes do this if the diary makes it easy and i’M wanting to boost things. Usually means 3 days out of 7 and I hardly ever do it more than one week at a time. So last week I did Mon, Wed, Fri…and by coincidence because I felt able to go back to my usual Sunday FD this morning…it works out that there’s a fourth. But really today is the start of my next week which is probably just a usual 5:2…assuming I doin’t succumb to temptation coming back from Tesco!

BTW….the boy and I have been having a tense time with the end of the second Harry Potter. So funny seeing him completely gripped last night in bed, and then in a cafe this afternoon…he could barely look while I read. Brilliant!

Mx

hello – so I’m Scottish (half Irish) day 2on 5:2 restarting after 2 yrs where I did quite well. Has anyone else found that a real positive is that on the fast day ones mental agility, ability to be clear headed is much improved. I don’t get hungry on a fast day as I have more energy but find it harder on the non fast days – have given up sugars and wine over Lent – well sugars as in biscuits cake, wine etc but beginning to realise how many hidden sugars are secreted away in foods one would not think had sugar at all. Yoghurts esp bad. Also how many of you suffer from ‘friends’ arriving with lovely treats that they don’t wish to eat the moment they notice a weight drop. Fascinating! Being fat is I think a real social taboo – in Scotland, anyhow where our resident politicians strive to nanny every aspect of our lives.

Hi Minols,

it was me who asked about AFD. thanks for the info. I might give it a try but not this week as I already have food in for Wednesday.

How on earth are you about to go shopping at this time on a Sunday? Xx

Minols…
    Late shopping on a Sunday…hope you don’t get tempted…lol..good luck on the AFD…ours are going quite well…two weeks down and two weeks to go…lol

Shepherdess …
    Welcome to our corner…well done for getting back onboard…

Visitors are a pain for bringing treats, I only have visitors on a NFD it’s easier…I am always ‘busy’ on FD’ s..lol..

Angela..
    Are you still eating those special meals? How is it going….

We are away in the caravan for 4 days…going Monday, back Thursday…don’t know how the Wi Fi will pan out..hope to keep with you all….FD’s our travelling days..going to Sewerby near Bridlington on the coast.

Jean x

Hi Shepherdess and welcome. Luckily we don’t get many visitors, but I do notice people encouraging me to eat a bit more or naughty stuff, particularly those who are trying and failing to lose weight themselves.

Jean, I’ve not had a box delivered for a couple of weeks as haven’t been around enough but will order some again for delivery next weekend. I have saved a fortune with them though.
    Hope you have a lovely trip in the caravan. xx

Hi all – shopping done (Tesco lovely and quiet) and just about to give the boy his 5 minute warning before bath-time.

Good to see you on here, Shepherdess. My secret discovery with yogurt is full fat Greek yog – plain, with some fruit out of the freezer (until berries come back in season up here), a whole load of seeds, some hazelnuts and…coconut. Got recipe out of the Fast Diet cook book (not that there’s any cooking involved!) and while if I were having it on a FD I’d measure out all the quantities, I’ve become such a fan that it’s a regular NFD breakfast or lunch staple – in which case, I just shake whatever I feel like into about one third of a large tub of yogurt. I never liked yogurt…tried for ages, but it is the diet substance of my youth (!). Now I absolutely love it, as long as it’s not synthetic or in a wee pot.

Mx

Evening everyone.

What a lovely day it’s been. Hope it’s been lovely where you are too.

Had a nfd today. Good job as invited by eldest daughter and her husband for a bbq. Ate loads but mainly meat and salad and one small glass of red wine. Avoided eating any bread rolls or potatoes and I didn’t feel deprived! Just totalled it up and remained under my nfd calorie intake so I’m well pleased. Going to do a fd tomorrow.

Love the A.R.S.E. start name for the tour! Made me smile.

Dolly xx

Evening all and welcome Kazza and Shepherdess

Dolly, well done! Liquid or fat, it all has to go. What a fab start. Just keep doing the same. Personally I would just do basic 5/2 for a good long time.

Angela, does it have hairy leaves (hilarious question)? Spreading through runners? If creeping buttercup it should have, plus yellow flowers but not yet maybe. OH says really the only thing is to dig it out. You can’t use roundup or similar because of the other plants. He says not difficult to dig out because shallow rooted, just a small hand fork.

Have brought a pair of too small jeans for the motivation factor! They are black straight and stretchy in size 12. Before anyone faints it is an American brand called Not Your Daughter’s Jeans (aka tummy tuck jeans lol) and they come up big. They fit as in I can get them on, but the overhang is not pretty. I reckon 5/6 lbs for no overhang and to goal before really comfy lose ish.

Tammy, brilliant!! So pleased for you. What a magnificent win. You must be on cloud nine.

Hemmy, thought of you in L Spa over the weekend. Such a lovely weekend. Walked to the Stag at Ofchurch for a drink and back to lovely dinner including an apricot and chocolate tart. Plenty of wine after aperol spritzers. Not SMALL. The most gorgeous breakfast this morning of half a wholemeal muffin topped with smashed avacado, spinach and a perfectly cooked egg with pumpkin seed oil. That will live in my memory. Kristy’s ‘not the one’ oh yes…sounding very familiar lol. One day…..

Kay, lovely birthday food. How nice to have an OH who cooks. So pleased Ellie better than expected and your mum seems to be improving too.

Jean, have a lovely trip next week. You really get about. I will be following your lead soon and jetting about everywhere with no job! Starting to feel slightly demob happy.

Ende, enjoy your trip back home. Think it is the SW. Love the SW!

Lynne, sometimes we just need a change. If you don’t mind me saying though just weigh really regularly to keep monitoring progress or otherwise. You have done so well and you don’t want any backward steps.

Minols, I can so relate to your boy’s excitement in the story. The ability to relate to other worlds and other experiences through story telling has been such a compelling factor throughout my life. Some books have seemed to me to be the meaning of life. Such a lovely thing you are giving him which should last him all his life.

Too much to eat and drink yesterday but restrained today and fasting tomorrow. This WOL is so flexible and can incorporate the events that happen to all of us. That is what makes it sustainable.

Hope i haven’t missed anything important. Sorry if I have.

Night night all xx

Morning all,

Who’s in for mass fast Monday. I am.

Sarah, no the leaves aren’t hairy and I’ve never seen them actually get a buttercup so maybe not creeping buttercup then. The roots are quite deep and create a network underground hence they are a pain in the bum! πŸ˜‚

Fab news on the jeans and new goal. I think I need to try on some too tight clothes to remind me where I want to go judging by the scales this morning. And I didn’t think I’d been too bad this weekend, only 1 bottle of wine over the weekend too and none at all last week. Hmmmm.

xx

Hi .. I’m joining the mass fast today πŸ™‚

Sorry I’ve not got time to reply individually .. I’m on my own at work today, so I’m guessing I might be a tad busier than usual.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I was out in the campervan again with my fella. Absolutely brilliant .. plenty of wine, although didn’t go overboard with food, so I’m hoping weigh in will be kind to me.

As I say, fasting today, and probably Tuesday and Thursday.

Managed a work out before work, so positive so far!

Have a good day everyone, catch up soon xx

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Looks to be a lovely sunny day so hope fully a nice garden day. No cooking today just leftovers so nice and easy.

Scales uppish this morning but to be expected … still all enjoyable and life gets in the way at times. Lol

Pleased as Kristy said blimey your legs in those jeans you will soon be a 10. Lol its the top I need smaller though. We are never satisfied.

Welcome ..Kaz and Shep.. good luck with this way of life. Xx

It sounds like a good week-end was had by all … winnings collections … bike rides…BBQs… Shopping … lovely meals. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed. Yay.

Have a good day Fasters… Feasters choose carefully. Xx

Brit lovelies…True courage is taking another small step each day toward achieving your vision. Xx

Morning All..
    Just having a cuppa before the shower and last few things to pack…

We are fasting with the mass today….Steve is confused with our days with me mixing them about….lol

Sarah…
    You will soon be joining us in retirement…I was counting months, then it went down to weeks, then yipeee down to days….the last two years I was very fed up, of boss and bitching I was so glad to go…

You must be excited to get into a 12, even a tad tight…..I think I may stay at a 14… just don’t think I would get in a comfy 12….lol

Hemmy..
    No cooking for you today I always like easy….FD jumps to mind…lol…lovely Kirsty is noticing your legs…going into a size 10 ummm

DF…
    A lovely weekend in the camper…was the BBQ out yet ….mine still packed away….

Glad everyone has had a lovely weekend, for the workers it passes very quick…

Dolly, shep and Kaz….all well done keep with us….

I will stay in touch if I can…

Jean x

Jean – wow. What an exciting life your daughter must’ve had moving over the world like that! Sounds so wonderful! And great that you’ve been able to be there for all the important moments.

Exdolly – well done on the BBQ. It’s always hardest having a NFD and being faced with so much food, and keeping it all sensible is the biggest battle won, I think.

Sarah – that avotoast breakfast has me drooling!

Minols – sounds so lovely that reading of Harry Potter with your boy. You’re going to have such a wonderful time reading them all the way through together. Wish I could go back and do that for the first time again too!

Joining the mass Monday FD. Back home and after 4 rather indulgent NFDs, I’m so ready for this! Hopped on the scales this morning (which I normally always save for the morning after a FD) and was a little up. Going to try to ignore it though and get a more ‘accurate’, or at least consistent, reading tomorrow morning.

Loving being back home so far! It feels so good to be with my family again back in London, and it’s lovely even if it’s just a change of scene for studying. Currently lined up for a long day of work with a lot of coffee. Good luck to all the other fasters today! We’ve got this!

x

Good luck Monday fasters…it’s a good way to start the week! Yesterday’s fast went well for me, and so today is allowed to be a NFD. Looking at my diary, I’ll probably fast Wednesday or Thursday…both have good evening meetings that would cover my worst times. Working around the boy doing 4 hours of rugby training each day this week…not really long enough for me to get everything written that I need to do, but somehow it will all get done!

Lunchtime nearly over fasters…you can do this.
    Mx

Afternoon all, back after my normal weekend awol from this group lol, always worse when it’s been child free!

Joining in the mass fast today, it will be my first at home as I’m working here today as it’s school hols, trying to stay tucked up in my office away from the fridge!

Managed to lose 1lb last week which is absolutely amazing after my pig out Tuesday, then big lunch and indian on Friday and far too much wine Saturday. I think playing 2 rounds of golf on the weekends saves me on a Monday weigh in. Plodding along, want to be in the next stone by my birthday in 6 weeks and it’s only 4lb away now.

Will go back & catch up properly, only skimmed through today – did spot Tammy’s news – how fantastic, enjoy every penny πŸ™‚

Hope everyone is having a good day. Clare x

Hi All…

Arrived safely….a lovely little site so peaceful…a good choice, and one to come back too..πŸ˜€All set up and kettle on…

Fasting going fine …..just having a coffee

End…
    Have a lovely time in London and with family…let them fuss round you…lol

Jean x

Jean, enjoy! Sounds wonderful πŸ™‚ xx

Hope the mass fast is going well .. we’ve got this!

Stay strong πŸ™‚ x

Sym … sounds an idyllic spot… hope this lovely weather continues for you both. enjoy. Xx

Just finished a nice chicken sandwich with garlic mayo and some herbs.

Sarah.. Cant stop thinking of that chocolate and apricot tart that you enjoyed in Leamington .. . Lovely combination. Lol. xx

Hope fasting is going well girls… Soon be so much easier with fresh salads and veggies on offer. … A bit of chicken ham… eggs fish added yay away we go.

We have stuck it out through the boring winter months the summer will be a doddle.

My Garden calls. Lol.

Xxxx

Well done Clare on your loss! 4lbs in 6 weeks is definitely achievable too.

Jean – don’t worry, I am enjoying being spoiled! But it’s nice being able to take care of my parents too. I often take over the cooking when I’m home to give my mum a break especially as she’s out at work all day. Plus I love cooking, and it’s even better when all the ingredients aren’t coming out of your student loan! Means I can easily tweak the dinners on my fasting days to 500 calorie friendly ones too.

Hemmy – you’re right! I hadn’t thought how nice it’ll be to have huge summery salads on FDs to come. And NFDs as well, come to think of it. I think there’s something about eating a salad when it’s dark and cold that doesn’t appeal… But now it’s light in the evenings, it seems the nicest prospect. Enjoy the garden!

x

Good afternoon

Third fast day – first one in April- going OK so far. Had a couple of cups of tea, coffee and water and been really busy which has kept me put of the kitchen and stopped me from thinking about eating until I read about your sandwich with garlic mayo Hemmy!

Symba your site sounds nice. We have a camper and love to get away from it all.

What a treat for your mum Endellion to come home from work and find a meal on the table.

Hope the fast is going OK today for blankspacebaby,gottotrysomething, dragonfly and everyone else on a fast day.

For all those on a nfd today well done if you fasted over the weekend – not sure I’m up to that yet!

Dolly xx

Hi All…

Just another two hours getting peckish….had a ride about checking what’s in the vicinity and kill a few hours…on the top of cliffs a bit chilly and windy, secluded where the caravan is….

I cooked my ham yesterday so ham with salad for us…

Going to Bridlington tomorrow having Haddock and chips, again another one of our favourite restaurants, we have lots of them…lol… only quite small but very good….gives us two days grace to get some weight off…lol

Hemmy..
    Your chicken sandwich sounds good..I love a chicken sandwich…..have a good time gardening…

End…
    You sound like my eldest daughter, she always got the meal going for when I left work, she was naughty always doing puddings, fresh cream things of her own making…lol..my younger daughter always loved ironing which I hated…they made a good team….I never asked them too, still very nice.

It’s good you can do your fast days to suit your eating plan.

Clare…
    4 lbs off in six weeks would be really nice for your holidays….very do able..😎..well done on your pound off.

Minols…
    A busy week for you like usual…..I don’t know much about Harry Potter, your boys seems very into him…lol

Dolly…
    We are nearly there, and can eat tomorrow….it’s nice to be with the mass today as usual…

Very excited just booked to go to Louisiana for a month in September, we are also hoping to go to the Grand Canyon for a week of that but that will take some planning…..just looking about for flights last night, and fell on some really good prices..πŸ˜€..Sarah….I might get to do some cookie baking with my little one…

Keep strong everyone not much longer to go….

Jean x

Hi all.
    Lots of successes, we’ll done to you all.
    I didn’t manage any fast days last week and worse than that is I ate constantly. Starting fresh this week with a FD today. Gone ok so far, just need to get through the evening.

Having to rehome my beautiful Maincoon cat. He is causing havoc in the household and has caused lots of damage as well as not getting on with my first cat. I’m very sad about it but hopefully my home life should be calmer.

My middle daughters baby is due at the weekend. That will make 6 grandchildren in all. I’m blessed.

We’ll have a good evening all.

Evening all

Joining the mass fast today. Have been quite hungry but coping. Just in from work and OH already eaten thank goodness.

Hemmy, i could kill for a slice of that chocolate and apricot tart now. It was so nice and not too sweet either. (Sorry fasters).

Jean, haddock and chips, enjoy them. I think I will have to have that next weekend. Hope you do get some cookie making with your little 3 year old in Louisiana. So sweet aren’t they.

Carol, good luck for the weekend.

Hope everyone is staying strong. Just remember tomorrow we can eat and I fully intend to! Xx

Evening all,

Busy day on here again.

Clare, well done on your 1lb loss.

End, hope you’re having a lovely time being home and staying away from the fridge.

Jean, hope you’re relaxing. How you fast on holidays I’ll never know. I wouldn’t be able to.

Sarah, I’m just in too. My meal for one is currently pinging. I was sooooo hungry this morning and the only thing that saved me from falling off the wagon was the European President of our company turning up to do a surprise safety audit. That kept me out of mischief! πŸ˜‚

Carol, well done for getting back on it.

Hope the other mass faster are doing OK. Not long now ladies. xx

Carol….
    Lovely to have you back, a shame about your puss but can’t have him damaging everything and causing havoc..hope you can manage to get on board this week.

Exciting time with another grandchild, the time has passed very quick…hope she delivers safely..

Sarah…
    Looking forward to our Haddock and chips tomorrow…finished eating now…

Angela….
    Well done on keeping strong….going away twice a month we have no choice with the fasting…maybe when the BBQ comes out it will be harder, I do like a drink while cooking..

Keep strong we have it in the hat …..

Jean x

Evening everyone

Nearly finished my FD and coming in at around 600 cals – strange for me to be eating on a FD.

Dolly, well done with the 3lb loss – great start.

Jean, lovely Radley, have a couple of bags but I can never find a purse I like. You’ve got this summer sorted – trips away in the van and then a month away in September.

End, have a great time with the family – my daughter is coming home this weekend so there’ll be lots more temptation.

Tammy, what a lovely windfall, it was certainly worth celebrating.

Clare, well done on the pound, at that rate you’ll reach your 4lb loss before your birthday.

Busy day today. District nurse and Occupational Therapist – she’s going to request Phil get’s 2 carers. Kay, hope social services surprise us both and it’s sorted quickly. It’s nice to know someone understands my frustrations.

May go for another low day tomorrow, currently planning at under 700 cals. Still weighing daily, so will have to tweak as I go along.

Almost there now..

Lynne x

Hi girls. Xx

Clare .. Well done on your lb loss …its always lovely to see that reduction on the scales. Xx

Ende… Oh I bet your Mum just loves having you home… plus how nice for her to come home and the meals cooked. Good for you. Yes, we are going into the easy months now loads of lovely fresh stuff to be had at good prices. Xxx

Dolly .. I just love garlic mayo…. A good dollop of Mayo in a dish add some spring onion … parsley… garlic.. good squeeze of lemon. Yummy. Xx

Minois.. You are always super busy. Xx

Sym…Hope you enjoyed your ham…both. My favourite too Haddock and chips tomorrow for you. Hope the weather stays good for you. Cleaned my old wrought iron white table and chairs today… Every year intend to paint them but then always decide on the shabby chic look. Think painting may spoil the cottage garden effect Lol Xx

Sarah…Stay strong you can do it. Had some wine Sat and Sunday a lot less than usual amount. Lol Funny tonight not bothered at all so a step in the right direction. .. You can eat something nice tomoz. Xx

Angela… well done for staying good today… Sounded like a busy one for you. Xx

Carol… lovely to see you back Xx Just keep on going for it … blips are always going to be around the corner for us all.

That’s why the thread and our support for each other really makes that difference. We just have to keep going along that journey together helping each other along the way.

Hope all goes well for your daughter and your new addition to the family. More animals for you to make Carol. How I wish I could sew. Lolol Xx

Lynne… well done on your FD…. I have had good results on 2 500 days and one 800. Xx

Nite nite don’t let the bed bugs bite. Xx

Lynne, well done for completing your fast. How did you find it with having food rather than liquid?

Carol, lovely to see you back and well done for getting back on it.

Well I’m pooped and ready for bed. Looking forward to being up half the night peeing as I know it’s working then!! πŸ˜‚

Night night all.
    xx

Lynne …
    Hoping you get some help for Phil, 2 helpers would make a difference..have a good day tomorrow…

Hemmy..
    The mayo sounded nice…you answered my thoughts…lol…the garden furniture sounds better shabby chic it’s seems less work….always better the easy options….

Angela..
    Hope the peeing isn’t too much…

Everybody night night…tired tonight….

Jean x

Morning All…

A bright very blue sky and sunny…looks like a slight frost overnight…we have loads of very large rabbits eating in the lawned paddock…it was a very dark quiet night….

A slow start and then having a walk around Bridlington.

All the fasters of yesterday can eat today and a few will be fasting…

Have a lovely day everybody…

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 11,101 through 11,150 (of 35,471 total)

You must be logged in to reply.