Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,951 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 7 hours, 15 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,051 through 11,100 (of 35,438 total)

• Minols – sounds like you had exam season sorted properly! I love the idea of being met with cake. Might have to suggest that one… I’m studying French, Spanish and Italian. Yesterday’s was an Italian oral exam! But it is a massive relief to have out of the way.

Sarah – don’t beat yourself up too much over a sausage roll. Yes it’s annoying, but it the grand scheme of things, the effect of it will be minimal. Onwards to better things!

Kay – it’s going great thank you! I was thinking yesterday that when I was doing my first fasts three weeks ago, it seemed such a struggle. I’d be famished all day and thinking about food constantly. Yesterday’s FD seemed such a breeze when I think back to how I used to feel. I guess it’s just all part of making it a routine that you stop thinking about, once you realise that you don’t die on your fast days! I think doing my fasts on alternate days also helps with that as it’s a simple rhythm of one up, one down, and repeat.

Caspersmum – why don’t you try telling yourself you’ll just do one fast day a week for a few weeks. Prepare a delicious 500 calorie dinner and make plans to eat it with someone, so you’re accountable for it. Remember a FD isn’t a punishment because you hate your body, it’s a WOL to help look after it and be your healthiest. Pick a really busy day where you’re out and about and thinking about other things during the day. And you’ll be back in the swing of things in no time!

Dragonfly – keep strong. You’re doing great.

Jean – sounds like a fantastic day! Good luck with the fast.

NFD for me today. Stuck to my FD yesterday despite going to a house party. Stuck to my premeasured gin allowance (I feel such a loser but I know it’s all worth it, and I’m always surprised how tipsy even a little gets me haha!). Big night out tonight! I generally stick to spirits and diet mixers on nights out so I should be around TDEE without really trying today. Hooray!

x

Hi Endellion πŸ™‚ Its great when you get to the stage of FD’s becoming easier! It sounds like your doing really well, enjoy your big night out πŸ˜€ x

My FD going ok, although I’ve just returned to my desk and someone has “treated” everyone to a KitKat Chunky .. arghhh!! Its in my drawer, NOT to be touched, but talk about a test lol!

Hope everyone else going good, fasting or otherwise.

Stay strong xx

Hi everyone

Didn’t sleep very well last night after fast day. Is that normal?

Woke up this morning and was surprised I didn’t feel hungry. Non fast day for me today so had some Porridge about ten o’clock but no lunch so far as been too busy.

Wow Endelion- learning 3 languages at once – isn’t it confusing?

Hope everyone is having a good day whatever you’re doing and eating and thanks again for all the support yesterday- I’ve got such a lot to learn.

Dolly x

Well, I’ve managed to get lunch without giving in to the my eating urges. I’ve been arguing with myself all morning. Nearly gave in then got distracted and the urge passed. I’m 6 lbs up so far and I’m p+++ed with myself.
    Endellion
    Thanks for your words of support. I’ve been doing 5-2 for quite awhile with no problem then out of the blue, I go to pieces. I do have a challenging home life which gets me down quite a lot.
    Minols
    You’d think I’d be ok with the time I’ve been doing this. Things are building up and I’m feeling like I’m in a room with no doors or windows. I need to spent more time out and about. I’m classifing this as a clean start. Fingers crossed I dont give in to my food devil.

Going in the garden, look lot’s to do.

Afternoon All…
    Back from our ride, really enjoyed it went through a bit of drizzle but nothing to spoil the day…we were very good just stopped and had coffee no temptation on the cakes..82 clues …2 done…lol…we won’t be doing them all this year but we have in the past and we got a trophy..lol

There’s a clue in Every County or more than one in the larger Counties, in Scotland, England and Wales…lots of miles covered. You can do as many or as little as you want, it’s a direction to ride to.

Minols…
    Get on and have a ride, it’s quite refreshing…Steve said your OH Honda is it 750 .4 ??
    Just go with the flow, we have driven miles from Poland going into Germany with me fast asleep….lol

Carol…
    Try and get back on board, get some weight off before your cruise in May….hard going but you can do it…don’t let him win!….get out of the room and into the fresh air, it will do you good.

End…
    That sounds hard going three languages my daughter did German, she did a year in Germany loved it.

DF…
    Give your Kit Kat away or save it…very naughty they must know you aren’t eating chocolate. We are doing OK …forgot to get chicken out of freezer so eggs on toast or something like that tonight…..weigh in tomorrow ….

Dolly…
    Fasting day night my sleep for me is always bad, have to put up with it…a small glass of milk helps before bed. The only thing now after doing this a long time doesn’t help me much. ( I never count it either)

My peanut butter is going down well, measured…it keeps you quite full….2 oat crackers this morning, peanut butter and blueberries on top….really lovely..and filling

Hemmy…
    Hope your shopping day has gone well….will it be with Mum and lunch out….if it is you will be shattered…lol..I know she walks you..

Jean x

Hi Jean – what’s your quantity for the peanut butter? And your outcakes…a bit of a speciality in Scotland, so are we talking Nairn’s or the more traditional and usually thicker section that looks like it’s been cut from a circle?Looking for options like this as the weather improves (obv not this weekend!)
    Mx

Minols…
    I have bought Nairns rough cut oat biscuits 2 biscuits 90 cals, then I bought Meriden crunchy peanut butter from Holland and Barrett …nothing added just roasted nuts…10 gr 57 cals, its really lovely.

I bought the large tub about Β£6 a kilo, the smaller about Β£2.50 is a quarter of the size.

I put the berries on the top very nice. Suprising how I am not hungry as it’s not a lot….

It tells you not to have more than 20 gr. on a normal day because its calorific …

Jean x

PS some of the Sun pat and others from supermarkets have palm oil and salt in which you should be not eating..the Meriden is just pure nuts..

Still fasting and so far so good, with just some skimmed milk in my coffee when I got home from work. Neil is cooking his own tea tonight when he gets home from work, to spare me the temptation of being in the kitchen and Ill have a shower whilst he eats it later.
    Not long to go now…stay strong fasters!

Kay…
    Stay strong, we have finished now….roll on breakfast…lol

Jean x

I’m not a Brit I hope it’s ok if I crash your party. I ate my lunch an hour ago – a gigantic bowl of chopped cucumbers and lettuce and tomatoes and some fat free salad dressing for 100 calories. Now it’s all I can do not to run into the kitchen and grab something more out of the fridge. I have to stay strong. I need to just keep drinking water. More water! Maybe a diet coke. Maybe not? Maybe some hot herbal tea.

Step away from the diet coke. Have a piece of cheese or a spoonful of peanut butter. Protein will fill you up. Have a glass of milk. Fat is not the enemy.

Samba that sounds like a good day out.

It’s been lovely here and I’ve been busy today with work so not much time to think about food! Could almost have done a third fast day if I hadn’t eaten that giant bowl of porridge mid morning! I’ve got nothing low calorie enough in the house for supper to stay within the allowance 😞

HHQ I only started doing this on Monday so I’m not an expert but I found drinking water then finding something to do that didn’t involve going in the kitchen or anywhere near the fridge helped!

Dolly x

Aaarghhh predictive text – Symba7!

Evening all and welcome HHQ, you will find us a friendly and supprtive group and we are very happy to have you. If today was FD for you maybe tey keeping all calories for evening meal only. When I am actually eating on FDs the worst I can do is to eat earlier than the evening. Keep posting!

Exdolly, yes sleeping poorly and feeling cold especially while getting used go fasting can be issues. I think havining less cafeine than normal on a FD is necessary, almost as if you have less balance from the food. My only suggestion for feeling chilled is a hot bath and that sorts it for me every time.

Ok confession time. I didn’t fast today. Far from it. That wretched sausage roll yeatrday seemed to start a chain reaction. I have had the worst day eating that I have had since Christmas. Don’t know why. Just woke feeling really hungry and then just went for it and sadly I have had plenty of opportunity. Not going to beat myself up but do need to stop this now. I WILL be fasting tomorrow. Liquid only. If I do this I know I will feel better by Saturday morning!

Jean, love your motorcycle treasue hunt. Your retirement sounds action packed, what with the van, the motorcycles, travel, family stuff etc I want to follow your lead at the end of June. Glad you like the peanut butter. i was brought up on it so have always eaten it.

It has been a very lovely day here today. Hope everyone has had a good or better day xx

Thanks for the tip about having a bath Sarah57 – as well as warming me up yesterday it might have helped me relax and sleep better after my second fast day.

I’ve read so many times that tomorrow is another day – forget about today and start afresh tomorrow.

Dolly x

Evening everyone

Liquid FD yesterday went well and NFD alright today, except we have extra thick double cream in the fridge and every time I’ve been near the fridge I’ve had a spoonful. I’m know I’m on LCHF, but this is crazy. Should come in below TDEE.

Sounds like lots of you have been enjoying some good weather today, it’s been dry here but a bit overcast. FD seem to have gone well, Kay hope you managed to keep out the way when Neil was eating, it’s good to have a distraction.

Carol, hope you managed to control the urges this afternoon. I’m sure it will be easier when the weather gets better and you can get out into the garden and distract yourself and have some time for yourself.

FD for me tomorrow, though may steel a few chips as the others will have chip shop tea. This month hasn’t been as successful as I’d hoped (3.8lb loss so far), but it could be worse and I could easily have let it go and gained.

Rebecca finishes her mocks tomorrow, so we should all be able to have a more relaxing weekend, just the results to come then. She’s a good kid and has a lot to contend with.

Nothing much planned for tomorrow other than food shopping. The fridge is looking empty and like a couple of you I’m struggling at the moment to get the balance right and avoid waste.

So I’m fasting tomorrow, and Sarah I think you with me after sausage roll gate and the beast that unleashed. Anyone else with us tomorrow?

Enjoy your day tomorrow whether fasting or feasting – it’s almost the weekend.

Lynne x

Hi Girls. Xx

Dolly.. yes you are so right tomorrow is another day.

Just my opinion but the only way to treat a bad day is just think of it as a little blip. Get back on your horse tomorrow.

Looks like if we want to be successful keeping the weight off long term … then its the only attitude you can take. If not you get fed up with it all and drop out… so many who were doing so well have come and gone… such a shame.

None of us are perfect .. if we were we wouldn’t be here at all. Lol Life unexpectedly gets in the way of Fast Days sometimes or we go over the top on Non F Days… unexpected caller … biscuits out etc. Lots of us have proved by just keep doing what we do it adds up to those pounds coming off… Sometimes later rather than sooner… but they do. Lol..

Sym… busy day for you on your bike. What a beautiful day to go on your hunt… Is it really a year ago you last did it.

Yes.. was shopping with Mum.. Lol One end of Town to another .. stopping every five mins to chat to an old local.

Feet ache tonight… came back and planted two really good size healthy Rhododendrons from Aldi only Β£6 each.. So pleased.

Kristy here again this week-end … so will be harder with keeping on track.

Good luck tomorrow you and Steve with the scales. Xx

Fasting tomorrow … anyone else. Xx

Just noticed Sarah and Lynne are Fasters tomoz.

We can do it girls… Together we are stronger. Xx

Evening all,

Sorry for the silence for a couple of days again. In truth I think I got out of the habit of posting, and I realised that I need your support as yesterday was not good.
    Sarah, nevermind sausage roll gate, you would not be proud of my pizza (whole one, 1000 cals worth), pasta, granola slice, half a tub of Cadbury amaze bites AND (yes we’re still on the same day here!πŸ˜‚) bout 12 Lindt mini chocolate eggs. It wasn’t pretty.

So I’ve fasted today and doing well. I didn’t manage to leave work in time to get my usual M&S ready meal but I just had poached eggs on toast. That’s it.

DF, I missed your post this week on 1.5lb loss. Well done.

Welcome to the new ladies. I’ve not had chance to read everything I’ve missed but I need you all to keep me on track so I’m sticking with you and trying to get back into the habit of posting. xx

Hemmy, so true, we are all here because…well we know why….you sound like you have had a good though tiring day. Is Kristy’s bf still on the scene and have you been able to give him the once over yet?

Lynne, sausage roll gate LOL. What my OH doesn’t know is that I have also eaten the whole second one he was saving. In my view anyone with that much will power deserves to have their sausage rolls go ‘missing’.

Bit on the queasy side actually.

Angela, so true re the accountability of posting. Stick with us no matter how busy you get. Well done on today’s fast. I really need a good FD tomorrow.

Hahaha Sarah, I just read that sausage roll gate got worse for you! Do you know your trigger that has made you hungry this week?
    I know for me it’s tiredness. When I’m really tired I love nothing better than stuffing my face and having a sleep. I slept so soundly last night that my hubby had to keep calling me to get up this morning like some kind of teenager! πŸ˜‚
    I would have fasted tomorrow but we’ve not got my stepson and as we’ve barely seen each other we plan to have date night then.
    When’s everyone weighing this week? Xx

…sausage roll gate 😁

Well I made it…FD completed and weigh in tomorrow.

Its my birthday on Saturday and Im a bit like Jean’s husband Steve, I get my holiday/event/occasion head on ahead of time, so I will start celebrating tomorrow evening πŸ˜‰

Good luck to those fasting tomorrow.

Wow everyone on this board is so lovely!!! Sausage roll hate very funny!! Though I don’t fully know what a sausage roll is, but maybe a bun with a sausage in it I suppose.

Finished my second FD of the week — success!! I almost gave up a couple of times in the afternoon when hunger pangs struck but then I came to this website for inspiration! (And I looked at my flabby belly for motivation too 😩).

Getting ready to read my daughter a bedtime story and am very hungry! Think I will go to bed myself afterwards to avoid the temptation of the kitchen. Besides, I woke up at 4:30 this morning so I am beat!

Good luck to all fasters on Friday! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Oh dear I meant to say sausage roll GATE.

Morning all

HHQ a sausage roll is a sausage meat filled pastry. Highly calorific. In truth I would have hoovered up anything not nailed down yesterday. I am a disgrace!

Angela, I have not been sleeping well and I was tired on Thursday morning but you know I think the real reason is complacency. Been feeling very in control of it and feeling quite slim, getting into pretty well all my old clothes amd chucking the fat stuff. What happened yesterday was a good reminder for me that this is hard and will go on being hard if I want to lose the final pounds and maintain long term. So weird, I can understand a break out for a social occasion etc, but this was just willful!

Anyway I have to be on it today, woken up knowing this has to be a liquid fast. I am weighing tomorrow and so disappointed that my stupidity may jeopardise the 6lb total loss for March. Given up all hope of adding a extra pound to that total. If I can maintain last week’s weight I will be ecstatic!

Have a good day everyone xx

Ps HHQ, well done on a second successful fast, those first few feel very tenuous as you build up your confidence. Despite my bonkers behaviour yesterday this does get easier and it does work. Enjoy your non fast day.

Morning all, it’s Friday!!!

Another fast successfully completed βœ… also avoided birthday cake in the office which I was very smug about!

Had a little dilemma though, as it’s payday the rest of the office have decided to have lunch from the hotel (our office is on the grounds of a lovely hotel), I said no as I’m going out for an Indian tonight. But now I’ve reminded myself that the whole point of this is to have normal days in between the fasts & things like this are going to happen. There is no reason why I can’t manage to have a sensible lunch and enjoy myself tonight. Tomorrow I’ll be back to normal.

I think I have become food obsessed & im not sure it’s a good thing.

Must get ready for work, back later to read what happened yesterday.

Have a great day all, Clare x

Morning all,

So all the hen do / work stress etc weight has gone. Back to where I was 2 weeks ago at 11st and 1/2lb. Next week it MUST begin with a 10.

Sarah, I understand what you mean. When you feel slim you think it can’t hurt you. All your clothes fit so where’s your target… My advice would be to go and buy an item of clothing the next size down now. That is your next goal. You can keep trying it on then and reminding yourself how far you still have on your journey? Just a thought maybe.

Kay, well done on your fast and fingers crossed for weigh in. Ando Happy Birthday for tomorrow. I’m like you and celebrations start early for me also. Enjoy. xx

HHQ, welcome to the group. Stay with these ladies, they will help keep you on track.

xx

Angela, very good idea. I need a visible target that isn’t just the scales.

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Sarah.. does hubby know about Sausage roll gate yet. How did he take it with his sausage gone. Lolol.

Sarah, think it was you that first mentioned Magnesium .. I cant believe after years and years I am now sleeping so much better. Thank you so much.Xx

Welcome any new friends ..Good luck with this way of life. Xx

Well done Kay with your fast. Xx

Clare .. go enjoy that lunch ..You deserve a treat. Xx

Fast day today girls… Lets do it. Xx

Brit Lovelies…

Make it happen today, we all have choices to make. Make them count, no matter how small. Xx

Good morning

Well done to all who got through a fast day yesterday. Thank you for making me feel part of your group already – it is so lovely to know you are all out there and sharing your experience and wisdom 😊

I ended up having a fairly low calorie day, slept well and feel good this morning. The sun is shining and I’m convinced my belly fat isn’t quite so wobbly this morning!

I’m determined not to get on the scales to see how my 2 fast days have gone until I’ve done a week of 5:2.

First week – what would you expect to lose? I’ve been really watching what I eat so far but it is the weekend and that might change – I don’t want it to and feel pretty determined so will see.

I am so fed up with feeling overweight and uncomfortable. When I’ve found myself inexplicably(!) standing in the kitchen reaching for the fridge door I’ve been asking myself “do I really want to eat/drink that or would I rather be a bit slimmer?” What do you say to yourself to stay motivated?

Sarah are you going to own up about the sausage rolls or will it stay one of life’s little mysteries? 😁

Have a good day everyone.

Dolly x

Hemmy, Dolly, he doesn’t know yet because he hasn’t looked for it. It was in a bag at the back of the fridge haha. I have prepared the way by saying I had a really bad day yesterday. I feel nervous, not because he will be cross with me (he never is) but because I am embarrassed with myself. To make matters worse I am at home today. Hoping he forgets about it. Half of me is finding it funny though. Lets hope I retain a sense of humour on the scales tomorrow morning!

Dolly, IMO you should weigh on the morning after your second fast. That is when you will be at your lowest. The average weight loss is 1lb a week. On the first week a couple of pounds would be good. Best not to think you will lose a huge amount because even if you lose a bit more in the first few weeks it will settle down. I am convinced the trick to this is persistence, just keeping on doing it and as such it is important to keep yourself motivated by weighing at the right times and managing your expectations so you don’t feel disappointed. A few months down the line you will be very pleased you started and continued.

Thank you for the comment about our collective wisdom. My wisdom is to keep away from blxxdy sausage rolls!

Morning All….

What a lot of post this morning so early…did everybody fall out of bed…lol

A drizzly day here, dull…

Weigh in for us…1 lb off each…three fasts are paying off.

We are Friday off as usual, having a lovely leg of lamb which was on offer, I need to go for potatoes as we don’t seem to have many now. I am going to rub garlic, rosemary and black pepper into it with oil, do it very slow..( a recipe on TV)….hopefully some left for Sunday night.

Wait for it girls…WE ARE FASTING SATURDAY!!..we are away and busy next week, so Sunday is official start of the Teasure Hunt so meeting up with other bikers and first clue..shh 2 done…so coffee and cake….Monday in caravan off to Sewerby ( seaside) near Bridlington..so Monday and Thursday fasting two travel days….we must be strong again while away.

Hemmy…
    Thought you would have your roller skates on with your Mum, I wish I had her energy…lol

Can I ask you how many mg are your magnesium tablets, our first bottle 150 mg our second bottle by mistake 250 mg?? Just wondered.

Lynne…
    Like you LCHF, I started buying double cream…knocked it on the head getting to like it too much…lol just sometimes….really love my whole milk, why did we stop it..

Dolly…
    A few of us are taking 1 Magnesium tablet from the health shop, we think it helps with sleeping…it’s worth a thought. Weigh after your second FD, also have you measured yourself bust, waist and hips, I do tops of legs…measure once a month…..it helps if the weight stops moving but you loose inches.

Sarah..
    Tell your hubby you cleared the fridge out…it must of gone….buffet food is such a calorific nightmare, we got them for daughter while in Wales to add to lunch…Why!…should of counted calories before buying..Steve comes to mind!

Angela..
    Going to get my summer clothes out today, seeing if I can alter down. I bought a few pairs of lovely trousers last year I really don’t want to give to charity….so I will investigate if I can..

Keep going the weight will come off…Steve is very slow at the moment it’s disappointing..enjoy your date night..πŸ’•

Clare…
    Go and enjoy lunch and this evening…it’s a way of life….it’s Friday…

HHQ…
    It does get easier…you get your head around it, you get stronger…it may take 6 months before you think it’s a way of life, all of a sudden you think it’s a lot easier. Keep with us..as Hemmy said earlier a few people have dropped off and stopped posting then the weight goes back on without support…its such a shame.

Kay…
    Have a lovely birthday tomorrow…you might as well start today as you say Steve would totally understand…lol…have some you time…lots of stress lately..

Carol…
    How are you doing…get out of that room and see the grandchildren…the lovely holiday will soon be here..

Vi..
    Are you about and going to pop by…come back we miss you…you were doing great..

Jean x

Having a little skive at work so thought I’d read back!

Kay – I don’t always make it on here Saturdays so wishing you a lovely peaceful birthday!

HHQ – Welcome to our lovely group & well done on making it through your second FD, I often find the period after my boy has gone to bed the hardest!

Sarah – sausage roll gate did make me laugh, i guess it’s a good reminder that although this is getting easier it will always be a challenge. Fingers crossed for a maintain tomorrow x

Angela – Well done on putting the last couple of weeks behind you and getting right back on track, that just shows you are able to deal with whatever obstacles life throws your way!

Dolly – welcome, hope you manage to keep up the motivation into the weekend. I lost 2 lb the first week but I think the norm is 1lb per week with this.

Jean – well done to you both on your loss this week! Fasting on a Saturday though, hats off to you, pretty sure I couldn’t manage that.

Lynne – have a lovely relaxing weekend now the exams are done, good luck fasting today.

Hemmy – I love your daily quotes πŸ™‚ Good luck fasting and please pass on some of your green fingeredness to me, my seeds aren’t doing too well!

Settled for a beef sandwich on granary from the hotel, I rarely eat beef so I’ll enjoy that. Celebrating that I made it to payday with a little money to spare that I have put away in savings – been really strict with my spending lately and sticking to my meal plan is helping so far. I’m on plan to be debt free (except the mortgage) by August next year and that’s with saving a little each month too for a holiday. It’s been a tough couple of years since my husband left but I feel like I’m kind of in control again & strong enough to deal with most things!

Catch you later. Clare x

Hi All – Jean…I definitely didn’t fall out of bed this morning! Slept a little late, and could barely get out – so tired! Putting it down to the last minute sausage roll fest last night. Came home from late meeting and OH had brought home leftovers from a catered event he’d had at his place…sausage rolls and doughnuts! All sounding familiar?! So I’ve gone for a third FD this week…as someone else said, sometimes AFD is easier, you just bounce up and down between days!

So I’m with you, Lynne and Sarah…can’t remember if I spotted anyone else. And Jean, I’ve just demolished my portion of soggy cardboard on firm cardboard…otherwise known as peanut butter on oatcakes! Fortunately, I love both, so don’t mind the texture, and washed it down with a Bovril and some ibuprofen (just did the last Assembly of the week, and while it was good, I’m feeling it a bit!)

Clare – I’m with you…the window after the boy goes to bed is tough…might go to bed at the same time tonight. (PS love your attitude to being in control…good on you!)

And yes, the observant will have noticed that a FD on a Friday means that I will not be ale to indulge in shacking and R4 this evening while waiting for the boy to come out of shinty…got it covered. I’ve some binding I need to sew on to the Easter banner, so if anyone spots the rather weird sight of a woman in a petrol station car park balancing coffee while draped in too much purple cloth, jagging herself with a needle as she laughs out loud at the Now Show…well you’ve spotted me! Look closely, though, NO SNACKS!

Hope you’re all having good days.

Mx

Jean, well done on your losses this week. Getting some clothes altered would be good. I hate it when I’m losing weight and your favourite clothes stop fitting. I have been known to end up buying the same top in 2 different sizes when I lost weight the last time as it was still in the shops! πŸ˜‚ I really need to go shopping soon but leaving it as long as possible.

Minols, I quite like a Friday fast to keep me on track over the weekend, but we don’t have littleun tonight so I’m going to make the most of spending some time with my hubby.

Clare, beef sandwich doesn’t sound too bad at all. Enjoy it.

Dolly, I lost 3.5lb my 1st week. Everyone is different and depends on your metabolism and how much weight you have to lose. Good luck.

Is it prosecco o’clock yet?

xx

Hi Sym… these are my tablets.

http://www.boots.com/boots-magnesium-375-mg-60-2-a-day-tablets-10145805

Finished my boxing up of all the old stuff to post Monday… so pleased as I often get waylaid. lol

Going to a car boot tomorrow … so pleas don’t let me but anymore.. just plants Never too many of those. . lolol.

Well done both of you on your pound losses… Yay. Yay.

Delia Smith does a lovely leg of lamb recipe … a whole bottle of red … which is slow cooked and the lamb ” eats ” nearly all the wine. Its Fab. Xx

Dolly .. think I lost 3-4 first week… I suppose a lot depends on how much you have to lose. Every ones different some have struggled with losing anything the first week. Xx

Clare enjoy that beef sandwich… Yummy. Xxxx

Kay.. Happy Birthday tomorrow If I don’t catch you. Hope you have a good one. Xxxx

How is Ellie. Xxxx

Good luck fasters we can do it and eat tomorrow. Xx

Hemmy…
    A lot higher than ours, maybe make you sleep more…I shall buy from boots next time, I think they are cheaper…do you take one a day?

Enjoy your boot sale tomorrow I haven’t been to one in ages, we have one close by but it starts very early Sunday morning all closing up by 11 am. Remember pants only…lol

Angela…
    All in all my clothes are really only three pairs of trousers I can alter the buttons so just three buttons to move. Two other pairs need more, a zip out and re fit, I could do it but might find a lady to do it…lots of top sewn seams so more faffy…..

Just washed all my winter long sleeved stuff before putting it away all short sleeve stuff hung up awaiting the sun..β˜€οΈ…I do find it lovely the change over of season…

Have a lovely evening and something nice planned for your date night..

Minols….
    Sausage rolls and donuts sounds like America walk away now….lol…don’t get locked up lurking about a petrol station tonight….with no snacks….lol

Jean x

…although if the local nick provides food, I would be breaking the law if I turned it down – could be a plan!

Actually feeling like I’ve had enough today. Just cooked the boys’ favourite macaroni as the OH is out on a boy’s night tonight (we’d all forgotten), so I’ve had just a smidgen of macaroni and as long as I can still have my coffee, and most importantly, still have R4 I might actually be alright. Still planning an early night, though – why risk temptation!

Mx

Hi Sym ..

Its 2 a day .. about a months worth. You get 3 for 2 at boots … so works out just under Β£4.50 per month.

Sleeping so well though. Plus taking Iron for energy so feel better than I have felt for years.

You will need a woolly with your short sleeves. Been a lovely day again..

Kristy here tomorrow again. Will make Chicken Stilton. Hopefully lose another pound tomorrow or stay the same. Xx

Sarah … No . I haven’t given the BF the once over… not sure he will ” be the one”. Sooo many soul mates have bitten the dust. Lol. I don’t have the inclination until its a bit more committed. Soon be her busy season with preparations for Glastonbury etc…So you knows what new soulmate is out there. Lol Just so long as she is happy and healthy that’s all that matters. Xx

WE are doing well girls not long to go now. Xx

Evening all

Fasting today actually a relief making me believe I was not that person from yesterday. Not hungry yet and no right to be either.

Jean, was having thoughts of elaborate excuses involving dog, who, to be fair, is much worse than me when it comes to stealing food. Well done to both of you on a pound off each.

Hemmy, one day the right one will appear and in the meantime you are absolutely right. Happy and healthy are the only important things.

Hope all fasters staying atrong. We are going to friends for the weekend tomorrow, so will not break fast until we arrive at lunchtime – at least that is the plan.

Have a good evening everyone xx

Minols…
    Enjoy your night what ever you get up too…lol

Hemmy..
    I was thinking of iron also my nails are really bad not sure why…reading up it said lack of iron…I always lacked it when young…it never comes to mind now at our age…

I do hope Kirsty finds someone nice, I don’t think it’s easy…not many come close…

I never wear wollies even when weathers deep in winter……shorts soon!!..πŸ˜€…yippee

Sarah…
    Enjoy your weekend with friends…we have just had a lovely meal, shared a bottle of Merlot, I did suggest ice cream but it was declined…fuss him up to get him ready for fasting tomorrow ..lol..only a one off due to plans but he was fine with it…

Have a relaxing evening everybody awaiting whatever the weekend brings…

Jean x

Sym… This is the Iron I am taking. 1 a day. The 2 seem a good combination for me.. plus a cod-liver oil. That’s all I am taking now. This again is 3for 2 so about Β£1 per month as its only one a day

http://www.boots.com/boots-iron-14-mg-60-tablets-10149647

Glad you enjoyed your meal. … Ended with 3 hot milks .. 1 toast =egg. Quite a busy day so was ok. Xx

Sarah… well done on the opposite to sausage roll gate today. Lol… Have a lovely week-end but just choose wisely. Xx

How are other fasters doing today. Xx

Thanks Hemmy I will have a look on the iron..quite cheap really…

Glad your FD went well enjoy your weekend with Kirsty…( and Mum)

Xx

Morning

1lb down from last week. Super amazed! Yesterday’s fast must have rectified the drama of the day before.

Total loss 35lbs
    Total loss March 7lbs
    Left to lose 12lbs

Re the discussion on iron, hope you don’t mind me chipping in but I would neve take iron unless I was proven deficient and a doctor convinced me it was needed. My mum had liver problems and an excess of iron and it made me do a lot of research on it. I read about much iron being harmful. And it builds up in the body, some people have blood taken off to try to reduce the iron. I take fish oil too and extra vit d in the winter plus now the magnesium but the reason I don’t take a multivit is because it was tricky to find one with no iron in. Just my opinion and maybe my prejudice after seeing my mum.

Back to Leamington Spa today to stay overnight with friends. They are good cooks and into food but it is likely to be healthy stuff with a bit too much alcohol.

Jean and Steve good luck on fasting today – that is dedication.

Tammy, hope your win is over what you expect and that you are looking forward to your holiday. Have a great time but don’t forget us or 5/2. Back on the wagon when you get back.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Looks to be a nice warm day again.

Sarah .. well done on your lb.. that’s brilliant. So pleased that sausage roll never won the day. Lol… Not long to go now till goal.

Thanks for sharing the info on Iron…. Think it is making me feel better. Don’t eat a lot of red meat now.. or dark green veg. So will take the course then have a break. Apparently you don’t need to take supplements all the time anyway. NHS recommend not taking anymore then 17mg mine are only 14 mg.

Sarah have a wonderful week-end in lovely Leamington Spa… ( Nice shopping) really enjoyed this weeks banter. Xx

Happy Birthday Kay … hope you have a glorious day. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tammy … hope you have a lovely time collecting your winnings. Cant wait to hear how it went. Xx

Just weighed girls … lost 1b so very pleased … 3lbs left to crack.

Have a lovely week-end all what ever you are doing.. Xx

Brit Lovelies… So very true.

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness. Xx

Hemmy, well done! So close to goal. Looking forward to all the coming maintenance discussions.

haha yes that sausage roll got its marching orders.

Meant to say I understand not having the inclination re Kristy’s (probably not) soulmate. It is the same with my son. Having got close to a wife then 2 partners it is just too much emotional expenditure. He expects each new one (4th in 6 years!) to be treated like part of the family. I was very, very fond of his wife and really distraught when it ended. I saw someone very like her a couple of years later and felt so sad about her. It still feels like a loss. We are really not keen on the latest one and this is very unusual for us. Maybe she will grow on us over time, if there is time LOL.

Kay, happy birthday, I hope you have a lovely day.

Morning All…

A rainy day so they say…but not yet…

We are off to York shopping outlet, a walk around, away from the kitchen maybe find a new purse…

Hemmy…
    Well done 3 lbs to go….we are walking hand in hand together…πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ Have a lovely weekend and remember plants only!

Tammy..
    Let us know how lucky you were today we are all on edge waiting…

Sarah…
    Well done on your pound off…12 lb to go, you can see the end..a lovely feeling..have a lovely time with your friends nice they do healthy food…..wine…enjoy….lol

Kay…
    Have a lovely birthday, make it a good one..πŸ›πŸΈπŸ½πŸ·πŸ›πŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽˆπŸ›€

I have had porridge this morning, without thinking, a bit too high in calories for a FD, will have to pull back ☹️….I shall try.

Jean x

Morning all,

Sarah and Hemmy well done on your 1lb loss.

Jean, fasting today will be tough but you can do it.

Massive Happy Birthday Kay. Hope you have a fabulous and relaxed day.

Clare, hope it’s really really good news today re: your win.

Sarah, it must be hard when you welcome someone to your family and then it changes. When I split up with my last partner, despite the fact it was through his violence, my parents kept in touch with him for a year or so. I wasn’t too happy about it at first but they also welcomed the man who is now my husband so I understood it didn’t mean they didn’t support me but that it was hard for them too. My dad confessed he wasn’t sure about my hubby as he’s divorced and he didn’t want that for me, but over the years he’s grown to understand why Shaun divorces his ex wife and he loves him. I guess it’s hard not to get attached until you see how things pan out. You sound such a lovely and tolerant person that I’ve no doubt you do anything less than making your son’s girlfriend welcome, even if privately you remain reserved. xx

Someone told me the weather was supposed to be nice this weekend but it seems that was not true. It’s really grey and drizzly here this morning. I was hoping to make a good start on the garden this weekend but I’m not sure I’ll be able to unless the weather picks up.

I’m thinking of Aud this morning. Hope you’re OK if you’re lurking in the background. xx

Viewing 50 posts - 11,051 through 11,100 (of 35,438 total)

You must be logged in to reply.