Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,935 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 16 hours, 13 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,801 through 10,850 (of 35,422 total)

• Angela LOL the air is frequently blue in my office…you will need a glass of something tonight.

Kay, amazed you have lost under those circumstances. Your body will be hugely water retentive. When I was going through that stage pre menstrual water retention was awful. You’ve done really well. I bet there is a big change next week. And you def can’t fast when giving blood. Love lancashire cheese and well cheese in general.

Jean, maybe we should all start of vanilla slices? Don’t like eclairs or cream cakes in general but a vanilla slice cream or custard….wonderful….

Hi all…just had my guilty pleasure and heading back for the boy.

Posted earlier but it got lost. So many good losses this week…brilliant!

Lynn. ..don’T know how you do it – but keep doing it brilliantly!

Been making some felt brooches this evening ..so simple! And as I’ve got some old felt (literally inherited it!) I hope to get a few pounds on the bric-a-bracelet stall at tomorrow’s coffee morning.

Right – get the boy…bathtime…Harry Potter.

Mx

Didnt give blood in the end, got there late for my appointment and they turned me away!!! Their loss! Im O rhesus neg and they usually pester me to donate but hey ho. Probably be a month or 2 before I get the next chance. Im annoyed because I didn’t need to eat earlier after all…lol

Minols, glad you enjoyed your guilty pleasure!

Neil is in the kitchen, chopping onions, chillies, peppers and garlic and we are having some veggie mince in a tomato sauce with greens, so nice and low. Thats just as well as I have a glass of prosecco! Its all counted in on MFP though…

If I was to buy a gardening magazine, which would be better for someone like me….beginner but keen to learn, looking for ideas, hints and tips that are very down to earth…pardon the pun!

Evening all,

Sorry about my rant earlier. What a crazy couple of weeks. Budget pre-read delivered, now home waiting for my tea to cook. I’ll probably come in at about 1000 calories for today but not too bad I guess.

I’m exhausted and have to be at the hairdressers for 9am, nails at 12pm tomorrow, then straight off to the hen do. Sunday can’t come soon enough! haha.

I hope everyone’s having a lovely day. I’m sorry I’ll probably let the side down when weighing tomorrow. 😒 I just needed to eat this week to keep me going and I haven’t made some wise choices at points. xx

Lynne.. what a start to your day. Xx… Enjoy your daughter this week-end. Yes, we do come in handy at times when it suits. Lol Xx

Sarah … B to the supplements .. lets start a vanilla slice club… as you say cream or custard not bothered. Lol Oh and Sarah… 4 of my drawers all pictured and sent to my friend in Oregon. Lolol Xx

Enjoy your evening Minois…. glad you had your treat. Xx

Kay.. Gardening is so rewarding and therapeutic. God knows where I would be if I hadn’t had my garden to get lost in. Lol

If you need any help just shout… Xx

Angela… Just do the best you can this week … Life does get in the way at times but enjoy the good times while you can.

Have a wonderful week-end .. glam up girly and go for it. Xx

Well girls… FD done … been a decent one… kept busy. To cold out for gardening so nice clean indoors.

Take care girls Xx

Hemmy, I do love gardening, its very rewarding!

Can I join the vanilla slice club, custard not cream for me, or a custard tart??

Angela, hope you are having a great evening and forgetting about work etc

X

What’s the vanilla slice club ladies?

I love gardening too Kay. I really only started to enjoy it last year but I do find it calming and rewarding.

Kay, I’m sat soaking my gel nail polish off, watching tv and just winding down. Going to head to bed early and read a good book I think. xx

Well my days gone with a bang..well over stopped counting…lol..haddock and chips, 2 Guinness now 2 wines and a handful of almonds….

Steve told me to tell you…vanilla slice not a cheap Asda small one but a hand crafted bakers special…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜……if you are going to have one…you Are having one…

Kay..
    I found a lovely gardening forum on line, you ask and it comes up with answers…asking about my lettuces..lol..I should of saved it…

The steam cleaners Audrey has a Polti at home, Little Yellow at the caravan, and Zoe has Earlex..

Jean x

Kay..
    Should of read….. earlex steam dynamo..
    X

Lol… Not a small one… Steve says we MUST have a Giant enormous one busting with cream or custard… Ohhhhh better get to bed. Lol

Sounds like you had a good day Sym. You needed that Guinness after the energy spent on the painting. Lol

Good night all. Xx

What explosion of vanilla slices happening here.

Hemmy, hilarious VS Club. I agree re custard (and custard tarts Kay), though I wouldn’t chuck cream out either. Vanilla creaminess plus icing too good for words. Plus it seems they are actually a weight loss aid if Jean and Steve are anything to go by his week. That is what I am not doing enough of! Much nicer strategy LOL Too funny you are photographing your drawers for your friend. Spread the joy! I totally know what you mean when you have ordered something and they do look great. I get a thrill from my underwear drawer now and it has nothing to do with the quality of the garments I can assure you.

Kay, I am useless at gardening but my OH knows what he is doing (used to work in wild flowers, did Chelsea etc way back in the day). He doesn’t really read magazines on it but i asked him and he said the monthly by BBC looks really good for someone beginning. He can’t remember the name but BBC should get it for you.

Angela, have a lovely weekend and don’t worry about letting the side down, you’ve done really well amd will continue to do well.

Jean I love a guinness or two also.

Off to sleep perchance to dream of vanilla slices!!

What am I missing re steam cleaners, don’t have one, do they really help?

Sleep tight xx

Morning all

Good night’s sleep for a change, do feel better. We will be off for a walk in the Ashdown forest after picking up daughter’s lab to walk with our dog. When we do this we usually pop into this lovely farm shop/garden centre for a snack. Always makes me laugh when I say we are going to the garden centre for something to eat, limbering up for retirement haha, oh we know how to live.

Froze the big tub of salted nuts last night and even then ate about 6. I won’t be tempted now.

Enjoy your Saturdays everyone xx

Morning all,

Well a small Octopus washed up on our beach this morning sorry.. 1/2lb on. I’ll get rid of it, I promise, although maybe not this week.

Just getting ready for the hairdressers, nails and hen do number 1…. I’m sooooo unorganised.

Re: steam cleaners. I have a van steam floor mop (with attachments for other bits). I’ve not used the attachments and I’ve stopped using it for the floor. I have lovely cream gloss kitchen floor tiles and it leaves them streaky unfortunately, plus you don’t use detergent with it and I love the smell a good mopping can bring. πŸ˜‚

Have a good day everyone. xx

Good morning F B Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Looks to be a cloudy week-end but mild… hopefully will be dry.

Sarah… I too enjoyed a good nights sleep.. best I can remember for a few years. Even after a visit to the loo at 5pm ..never woke till 8.30. Unheard of. Lol

Yes, funny what pleases the individual … always happy when things are organised… less stressful.

Our garden centre is a family owned local one that’s grown over the years. All food is cooked daily and wonderful specials. Sometimes think they are more tasty than so could expensive restaurant’s. Plus wandering around the plants ..clothes.. china ..finishes of a nice lunchtime.

Enjoy your week-end Sarah. Xx

Angela… Enjoy being pampered and your week-end. Xx

Kay and Sarah… I wasn’t going to remark on steam cleaners as I know it has been popular her. Milena.. Aud.. Ginette I think.

Anyway … My two pence worth… Lol .. I bought a Vax Combi. It has a hand attachment also. It slots into the main wand… which is handy but quite heavy for holding a while.

My experience is.. its out in my workshop. The hand part which I got especially for curtains.. chair etc … never seemed to be as good as washing… I love the Lenor smell.

On the carpet front I feel it made a spot shrink a bit . Also easy to just mop or hand wash kitchen floor rather than get it all out and going. Lol Just my opinion of course. Xx

Well girls .. thrilled with a 1 lb loss. Never thought when I came here at 12st 2lbs .. a good size 16 .. I would ever be 12 .. and 9st 12 lbs again.

Yay… Nine and a half here we come.

Have a good day all. Xx

Brit Lovelies.. If you have a Vanilla slice .. custard tart… just enjoy as its someone somewheres Birthday. LOLOL Xx

Morning All…

A cold morning again…

A bit tired this morning, so not doing a lot today….just painting the back of the kitchen cupboard for the third time 10 min job and putting my airing cupboard things back…

Must watch what we eat today and keep well under TDEE …although a small steak planned for dinner tonight. A bit too much yesterday but we don’t do that often.

Hemmy ..
    Well done on your loss and 9st 12 and size 12….really well done…goal is looming a good feeling, so thrilled for you….lets go for it..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Everybody seems to have a lot of things planned so have a good weekend all…whatever you are up too..πŸ˜€

Jean x

Thanks for info on steam cleaners, I think maybe not.

Hemmy, well done on the pound. A pound when you as close to target as you is a real achievement. You have done so well overall. Proof this really does work. V inspiring. size 12 is just lovely. I am a 14 now, probably 12 on top. Hope to maybe get into the odd size 12 when at target.

Today got my padded walkers on and I can put them on and take them off without undoing. Quite a party trick. I do have a belt somewhere. Never before understood the need for belts. Keeping things up has never been a problem before.

Right off out. Not a bad day here.

Hemmy,

It’s the Vax one I have too. Mine is tucked away in the utility room. Well done on losing 1lb. Oh to be 9st 12… I started about the same weight as you, do you mind if I ask how long that’s taken you?

Sarah, I love belts, but be mindful what you wear them with as they can sometimesee cause little holes in tshirts and other cotton tops. Grrrrr.

Jean, it seems your new calorie cycling is working. Fabulous.

I’m sat at the hairdressers waiting for my colour to develop. I have a rich brown with red lowlights through it to warm it up a bit. I do love it when it’s done. xx

Morning all

I must of skimmed over the steam cleaner conversation.

Well done Hemmy in your loss.

We a re just up, late night with daughter, reconnected our wii thought she might enjoy playing Zelda on it, turns out last time it was played was 2008, surprised it still works, but we had fun.

Off out shopping with mother today, she will be 73 in June and has finally decided to retire, but only because she now has osteoporosis and her back bothers her now, I will be lucky to be that good at her age. Mothers day coming up so have her pressies on hand, couldn’t ask for a better mum really.

Right better get this coffee drunk and get out, catch you later.

Xxx

Re the steam cleaners…Kay asked me a question and I chased it up for her….from Audrey..

Angela…
    You will be lovely and glam for your hen do this evening have a lovely time….

Hemmy..
    Might be chasing you for advice on my living eating plants on my window sill…my cress is growing..lol ..that’s easy…no sign of my lettuce yet..

Sarah..
    Enjoy your walk out, a bit chilly here…the belt well needed before your next size down…then a hole puncher is needed…πŸ˜‚ For the belt.

Well off to do my painting…

Jean x

Well yesterdays non fast day came in at 1500 cals, 100 less than TDEE, but 600 of that was alcohol!! Prosecco and vodka martinis!! Anyway, the scales have me down another half pound, so Im back to 9.13!! Weird this fasting and feasting!

Today will be over, more than likely, but Im going to track it, rather than than write it off. Then I will compensate tomorrow, ready for FD on Monday.

Jean thanks for the information from Audrey re:steam cleaners and everyone else! I already have one but the handle has broken so I want to replace it – I find them great!

Well done hemmy πŸ™‚

Angela, dont worry, just enjoy your evening πŸ™‚

I need to go for a shower and sort out some lunch. Off out to watch the rugby in a couple of hours.

Enjoy the day everyone x

Kay…

Well done on the loss,,,nice to be at the next number…
    Enjoy the rugby..

Off shopping shoes for Steve….and a leg stretch….need a rest from work all straight now…house clean needed but not today…lol

Xx

Hi Girls. Xx

Sym.. hope you are having a relaxing day after your busy week. Just having a quiet day here.. too damp outside. Hope Steve got his shoes. Xx

Sarah .. hope you are enjoyed your walk. Xx

Angela… I have been here 19 months with a break for a while last year. You will get there. Xx

Tammy .. hope you enjoyed shopping with your Mum. Xx

Kay.. well done on your loss and getting to 9st 13lb… Yay way to go. Xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok. .. Looking forward to Spag Bol tonight. .. ^ days no wine. Xx

Hi All..

Shoes bought…for both of us…lol…I bought some everyday sandals, will be going into shorts soon as the weather improves…and caravanning..I always have bother with shoes so when I see them I buy, I hope the heel is right…

Lovely steak tonight with one wine..with ice cream and a banana a treat….

Fast day for us tomorrow…back on track…

Have a good evening all…we are searching for a film to watch maybe
    ‘ Moonlight’…

Jean x

Evening all

Nice walk today but cold, had enough on though so it was ok. Cooked brekkie after at garden centre. V nice, no toast! Hemmy I agree sometimes nicer than a restaurant. Cooking a roast chicken tonight, quite unusual for us for on a Saturday. Drinking wine.

Hemmy you are doing very well on your almost no wine month. Mine is cut down but not out. Could just do with a bowl of defrosted nuts now! Once upon a time we would have been half way through a big bag of kettle chips by now if in on a Saturday night. Times have changed.

Jean, we liked Moonlight, not the most startling film but good. Is there a choice on?

Tammy hope you’ve enjoyed your trip out with your mum.

Kay well done on being 9 something again.

In or out, have a good night everyone xx

Sarah…

Tried Moonlight…turned off after 10 mins…talking muffled couldn’t understand them!

Tried La La Land..turned off after 4 mins…the name says it all…lol

Glad I didn’t go to cinema…

X

Hi Jean, we never really watch films at home. I find it hard to concentrate for some reason and we really like our local cinema where we are members. We see quite a lot in the winter but not much when the weather gets better. Would rather be outside.

We felt the same about LaLa Land. Took me most of the film to see any point at all and my OH never did. I think I have missed the two best films, Lion and Manchester by the Sea. Have heard really good reports about those. I would recommend Denial, v good.

Still dreaming about vanilla slices!

Sleep well x

Just dropping in to the UK to say helloπŸ™‚ as I am coming over to visit from Australia sometime in the near future. I’ve been 5:2 ing for nearly 2 1/2 yrs now and am maintaining after losing 3stone 4lbs, and am currently 9st 12lb.

Our visit to the UK will be mostly self-catered and I’m wondering about food. For me, trying different foods is all part of the travelling experience, and I like custard slices too. So… may I ask you lovely British 5:2ers to recommend some things particularly British that I might try. We will certainly be in England and Scotland, and hopefully Ireland and Wales as well.

Wishing you good FDs this week
    Onwards and Downwards,
    Merry

PS, I continue 5:2 when travelling and take a little travel scale with me that helps keep me on track.

Hello Merry

Lovely to see you in these parts. I lurk on the SH thread sometimes for the great advice there as well as here. Posters on this forum are really spread out geographically and so if you wanted help with the finer points of your itinerary closer to the time, and during your trip for that matter, I am sure you will find lots of help here.

I live very near Brighton on the SE coast and know Sussex well also the Midlands, Oxford, Stratford upon Avon, cotswolds etc, well plus parts of Devon and Suffolk coast, I know bits of London quite well too and my OH is from Scotland though we have members who live in Scotland now.

In terms of food I have never been to Oz, though I have heard that the emphasis is on lovely fresh vegetables and fish and it used to be these things were cheaper there than here but I am not sure this is still the case. Where I live and where I used to live in the midlands the food choices are very cosmopolitan with some good eating out in the usual,places but also lots of gastro pubs and veggie restaurants. Pubs in many places in the UK are now really restaurants with food choices which are easier to navigate.

Buying food should be easy anywhere and self catering obviously a great option for 5/2. Good food choices may be difficult to find when actually travelling, avoid service stations on motorways with their very expensive and unhealthy food like the (vile) krsipy creme doughnuts. There are huge numbers of big supermarkets which are good for choice and price. In the SE we have a proliferation of farm shops often selling beautiful locally produced produce with different varieties than you might find in supermarkets also good delis. These outlets vary in price but generally are more expensive than big supermarkets. Some parts of the UK have more limited food choice and there is certainly plenty of both poor quality and yet still expensive food on offer everywhere to avoid.

Peculiarly British dishes don’t really exist anymore in the way that they did. Everyone knows about fish and chips and roast dinners and those things still exist of course and widely available ranging from truly lovely to totally awful and to be avoided at all costs. But there was a survey a while ago which thought our national dish these days was chicken tikka masala. I don’t know if you have visited before but food in Britain has been much more influenced for the better by continental Europe especially in Southern regions and influenced throughout by Asian food.

That is my view really but others may have different ideas. Certainly let us know if you have specific questions or anything we can help with and well done on continued maintenance. We have several members close to goal here but I don’t think anyone actually maintaining yet. I am sure that is a whole other challenge.

Morning all not fasting today but will try to keep it low. Have Mr adorable 3 year old this afternoon and as he is so into baking we will be doing that as well as scooting and playing our crocodile game. This is our little routine at the moment until the weather gets better.

Not so long ago I would have been worried about making cookies with him, worried I would stuff three down without thinking. The worst it will be now is the corner off a single cookie and hopefully will avoid even that.

Portobello mushrooms stuffed with blue cheese and pine nuts and salad tonight. There is a single glass of red left and I will have that while OH has a beer to avoid opening another bottle. The question is, can I avoid eating until then….

Happy Sunday everyone

Morning All….

Fasting for us today our first of three for the week….cleaning and shopping on the cards today but other than that definitely a sit and read pm later…

Sarah…
    Thanks for your couple of films to watch…any more you find good we would appreciate the titles…we really don’t watch films much, going to the cinema occasionally….we have the amazon stick for sport and can pick up films but not got much clue really!….we watched Lion, it was good and enjoyed it but thought it could of gone more in depth, it went over 20 years in 10 mins, shame really…watched Bob the Street Cat, easy watch we enjoyed that…

Merry…
    Hi ….I pick you up about the forum…well done on the maintaining for so long…it proves it can be done..lol..Sarah has gone over most things, shout if you want any information …just to add to supermarkets Aldi and Lidl, smaller in size but will save you loads of money on the basics, raw meat and cooked meats, cheese, wines and beers, No individual side counters for deli etc but very good on price.

If you are travelling..’Premier Inn’ ( on line) for one nighters, about Β£50/Β£60 per night, they have family rooms for 4 people. They also have a pub attached for reasonable food. All very clean and all to the same standard.

Have a good holiday

Hemmy..
    My lettuce seeds are starting to show…never grown anything….lol…herbs coming on a treat also…green fingered like you! Or not…lol

Jean x

Afternoon all

Late one for me didn’t get up till 11, so breakfast/lunch washing out, tried that new vanish platinum stuff normally don’t believe they work, but had ruined a good top with missing my mouth eating Chinese, and had greasey stains after washing, and an old pink candy strip jumper that was dull and stained, soaked them first in it then a scoop in the machine and it has worked am really chuffed, even my grey bra’s are white again 😊, I am easy pleased lol.

I love watching films, yesterday I managed to watch the new 50 shades film, it was ok, prefer the books, and I watched the 2 pitch perfect films, they passed the day, don’t fancy lala land, but have a broad scope to what I will watch, love sci-fi, fantasy stuff, am a total trekky.

Usual quiet Sunday though it’s quote nice outside and I keep threatening to hit the garden , we will see.

Am doing the mass fast monday, anyone joining me.

Hemmy good luck with the lettuces, it’s cool growing stuff but I always forget to water.

Hi Merry enjoy your trip when you get here, hopefully the weather with behave for you.

Tammy xxx

Feeling accomplished, actually went out and cut the grass and tidied up the garden, time to relax and enjoy the rest of my day.

Hope you all having a good one.

Tammy xxx

Tammy…well done on the grass cut, it flies make it look nice…enjoy your afternoon.

I have finished my few jobs….going to sit now and read the article on MM new diet regime…

Xx

Hi All..

Just read MM new eating plan…going very much on the sugar diet but for two days, male and female 800 cals…cutting out all sugar and going low carb all the week, upping excerise and fluid, and cutting down alcohol.

Watching which fruit to eat, berries, apples and pears are fine keep off exotic fruit and a banana only occasionally….full fat cheese and yogurt, nuts, olive oil, rape oil and coconut oil, butter all fine.

I think his calories in his recipes are very iffy and lower than I would count on some things..

I personally think very much towards a diet…I would rather have some treats when wanted and fit in with 5.2 way of life…maybe others may feel different to us…

We will march on with the 5.2…πŸ˜€

Jean x

Hi All…

All quiet on here today….

Our fasting day going very well, going for 2 boiled eggs and a piece of toast for me, two slices for Steve for our dinner tonight…a change from a salad..

Kept busy doing a few jobs and days passed quite well …no hunger pangs today…strange how some days are better than others..

Going to have a cuppa now..

Hope all going well for any fasters…have a good day with family and friends…

Jean x

Hi F B Brits hope al is well with you and yours. Xx

A warm windy day here and nice for the garden. .. Had to get rid of a large wooden barrel and all the soil .. had its day. lol Like I feel now. Lol.

Merryme.. Lovely to see you here. Xx

Often look on S H thread .. so very warm and encouraging.

On your trip to UK you must try .. our sea-side Fish N Chips. … Afternoon tea. … Cucumber sandwiches …Scones ….Victoria sponge cake. Sunday roast

Beef. .. …. Toad in the hole…. Sausages in batter…Apple pie.

In wales… Welsh lamb … Welsh cakes… Anything with leeks.

Scotland… Haggis… Shortbread…. to name just a few.

Hope your trip will be enjoyable… without too much rain. Xx

Sarah… hope you are enjoying that 3 year old…Your meal sounds lovely. xx

Sym… you are both so brave doing a Sunday… Don’t think I could do that. Always a roast here. Lol … Beef today.

Well done on your plants. It gets so addictive when you see those little green shoots. Well done on your fast… eggs and toast a good one. Xx

Tammy … sounds like a busy day for you. … Sym is growing the lettuce. I am the flowers.

Thanks for the heads up on the new vanish will give that a go. Enjoy the rest of the day. Xx

Hope every on else is doing okay. Xx

Brit lovelies… Granny always said ” Sunday was a day of rest” Xx

Evening all

Just when you think you’ve got it sorted you realise you haven’t. Made cookies with the 3 year old and bolted a whole one before cold! Aagh. Just hoping it has the same effect the vanilla slice had for Jean and Steve!

Hemmy, dinner was very nice and very easy too but we did open another bottle. I just had to have another glass and OH didn’t want beer. So three glasses down!

Still to have roasted quince and creme fraiche. Not a controlled day at all. Must be coming in well over tdee. I think I was seating a lot of nuts because I have been hungry without them. Glad they are frozen. I have to live life without great handfuls of nuts on the grounds they are low carb whenever I am a bit peckish!

The three year old is gorgeous beyond all reason. He is so funny and sweet. When the time came for us to take him back, in PJs and with all his baking. His eyes filled up and he said ‘but I have only just arrived!’ He made me feel so very lucky. We are just in fits of laughter at his antics.

Fasting tomorrow and weighing on Tuesday to assess and to decide how best to handle it to record a loss on Friday morning!

Hope everyone has had a good day xx

Ps Hemmy, all the food You mention to Merry, I love. Yes haggis too. It is hardly any wonder I need to be on 5/2!

Evening all

Already in bed soooooo tired & hoping tonight I’ll get a decent sleep.

Went out to a lovely tiny Spanish restaurant we’d had booked for months last night, food was great but drank far too much red wine & was very drunk lol. Had county golf training today and was really suffering. Been a very low calorie day trying to rein it in before weighing tomorrow.

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow, night x

Morning everyone. You all seem to have a lovely chilled weekends with lots of films watched (without popcorn, kettle chips, or too much junk food as far as I can see!)

I’ve had a weird one. I definitely finished the week having had too much sugar and junk in my diet, and I don’t know if I’m fighting off a bug, but yesterday I felt dreadful, too. Normally I quite like fasting on a Sunday, but I sat down at my desk early as usual, and I just felt grim…couldn’t do it! Staggered through the service, had a Costa bacon roll with the boys (not my favourite thing to do, prefer a proper bacon roll than a pre-prepped one if I’m going to weaken) and started to feel a little better. Spent the afternoon in the windy wildness of the Scottish coast watching littlies run up and down a field with sticks and helmets (!). By 3pm, feeling hungry again so had one of the boy’s ‘bear yoyo’ snacks. All fruit, and this one was billed as a ‘sour’ – which he loves. Pretty soon afterwards, I’ve got a stomach ache like you read about in Victorian novels when a child completely overdoses on tart fruit…agony! Turns out, the best antidote for both feeling really washed out and sour fruit is a really well-cooked Indian meal! Chicken biryani sorted me out. I only ate the chicken and about half the rice but, oh, a well cooked meal of really satisfying flavours and hidden veg was exactly what I needed.

I’ll probably fast today, but I think I’m convinced of two things – one I like, and one I don’t…Firstly, feasting is VERY important in this WOL (and the better cooked and flavoursome the better – so my eating out budget may have to go up, or I may have to pick up some better cooing skills). And secondly, cheap junk/chocolate/snacks are going to have to leave my diet…not for the good of my weight, but for the good of my health. I’m not a vanilla slice fan, but I think I now advocate that if you’re going to have a VS – I’m with Steve – make it the biggest and best quality one you can find and enjoy it – better one of those occasionally than all the wee calorie counted ‘we can make this fit into a diet plan if we take out the fat and put in sweeteners’ crap that is out there. Likewise, the good cooking some of you were mentioning at garden centres…that over plastic food every time.

Sorry – there’s my rant! I’m probably preaching to the converted, and you’ll need to keep me honest over the junk food I might slip back towards, but I really need to ‘cut the crap’!

Ahhh…what a way to start the week – feel so much better! Now if I could just find time to sort my drawers…

Mx

Morning All..

A rainy start for today…

Our FD went pretty well, although last evening I did feel hungry and I wondered if I would get through the night…I slept like a dream …strangely I never do on a fast night…

Weighed this morning and holding my own over my couple of days off, steak meal and a bit of wine…NFD for us today a small dinner tonight.

Packing to get off tomorrow to see stepdaughter, food, clothes, getting it all together etc….she won’t be amused when we get there with a car full off stuffed animals, 5′ teddy bear and MU mags clearing out the loft she can have them all back or dispose of them….lol

A few people gone over a bit this weekend hope you can pull it back today…

Clare …hope you are feeling not so hungover today and it was worth it….

Sarah …pinching a cookie and some wine…lovely to have the little ones..I really wanted to bake something to take away with us but decided against it..it was hard..

Minols …hoping you feel more yourself today and away from the weird feeling, don’t do pre warmed bacon butty that definitely doesn’t hit the spot…hope you are feeling better..

Hemmy …getting rid of the barrel kept you out of mischief.. weather not so good this week…maybe have an in-house week…

Carol..
    Where are you…you OK?

Have a good day the mass fasters you can do it..πŸ˜€

Jean x

Good morning F B Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xxxx

A damp ole start here but mild.

Well girls back to day 1 on the wine scene . Got through Fri Sat then yesterday a nice special caught my eye while collecting the newspapers. Opened a bag of crisps as well.
    Oh well enjoyed it so back to the drawing board getting better I tell myself. Lol

Minois … bit of a week-end for you. Hope you get back ok today.. Fresh start. Xx

Sym .. you did so well yesterday … hope you have a good week. Always a bit harder when away from home.

Is that the daughter than can be difficult… maybe I have you muddled with someone else. Lol.
    Not sure what I will be doing today … all depends as per usual on the weather. Lol Have a good day. Xx

Sarah.. never ever had Quince what is it… I sortof think ” Apple”. Sounds like you had a lovely Sunday. Xx

Hope everyone else is ok…. CAROL … VI ..how are you doing. Xx

Hope Aud is ok… and not working too hard. Ginette … hope things are not to busy for you. Miss you both.Xx

Brit lovelies.. Never a truer word…

When weΒ stop eating food with no labels… we can stop counting calories. Xx

Hi All…

Just spoken to Audery, she sends her love to all…she’s had two weeks of normal eating and trying her first fast day. She is popping by and looking in but wants a break for a couple of months from the forum…a bit bored of eating the same food and wanting to change it about a bit…

Hemmy..
    Yes you are right about the daughter it is me but this ones lovely…lol..although the other now has someone in her life, it surprising it makes things a lot better..🀞🀞

Have a lovely day…I laughted back to day 1……I think you are improving..🀞..πŸ˜€

Jean x

Thanks everyone!
    Merry

Morning everyone

I’ve had a lovely weekend with Hannah home, think it may have been prompted by a split up with her boyfriend, but I was told in no uncertain terms that it was not a topic for conversation. She seems fine and that’s what matters.

So, ended up having an impromptu takeaway, and today when I weighed I discovered I’ve put on 4lb in 6 days. Even the takeaway shouldn’t have caused that. I’m not sure if some of it is hormonal (not just thyroid), as at 51 I think I’m entering the danger zone for ‘that time of life’, and have been getting some strange symptoms.

GP appointment today and although my thyroid meds seem to be at the right level, my body is not converting the hormone into a useable form. GP doesn’t want to increase meds so have been put on iron tablets, and I’ll be supplementing with Vit D, C and B12 which all should help conversion. This is going to be quite an ordeal though as I don’t like taking tablets and they all have to be taken at different times, often 4 hours apart. I feel a spreadsheet coming on.

A liquid only FD planned for today to see if I can get things back in line with hopefully a further boost when the meds kick in – Audrey would understand my predicament.

Enough about me, hope everyone has had a good weekend, even if wine and bacon rolls have been consumed. Sometimes, like takeaways, they’re needed.

Jean, hope you have a safe trip tomorrow. Weather not looking too good here tomorrow, but due to pick up Wednesday/Thursday. I laughed at the list of ‘possessions’ your taking back to your step-daughter, it reminded me of a friend’s wedding where her father offered her new husband to take not just his daughter but all her possessions including the bike which was still in the shed, the cuddly toys, old magazines etc.

Not sure who’s fasting today – are we Mass Fast again?

Have a good day everyone Lynne x

Afternoon

Very windy here today

Lynn sounds like a good weekend, pity about the weight gain.

Jean have a good time at your daughters

Minols any kind of bacon roll is good in my book.

Sarah you’ve had fun with your 3 yrs old.

Fasting for me today, am feeling a bit peckish, but won’t eat till tea time, plan on some chicken and potato soup. Other than that, basic monday for me, work and house work.

Who’s fasting with me?, we can do this.

Tammy xxx

Hi everyone, Monday again!

I’m fasting too today, planning to do three again this week. I was 3lb down, so it definitely helped doing three fasts last week. Feeling slightly hungry today, but will eat my cals later this evening.

Its a dismal day here, rained all weekend and still raining πŸ™

Good luck with the day lovelies πŸ™‚

x

Hi all

Well done DF.

I am fasting today too. Finding it more difficult which I am putting down to the carbs of the weekend.

Hemmy, a quince sort of looks and slightly tasted like a cross between a large apple and pear with a slightly perfumed, honeyed taste. The culinary variety is often a pale gold and to my mind a beautiful fruit. I love a bowl of them in the kitchen instead of flowers and they last ages. I make membrillo sometimes or roast or stew. Membrillo is a nightmare to do but lasts a year, tastes better than anything you can buy anywhere and at a tiny fraction of the cost. They can’t be eaten raw and take a long time to cook when they go a sort of dark pink. I only really buy them once or twice a year. You can add a single one to say apple pie for an amazing taste. Not that we are having any of that at the moment! Tbh they are slightly a pain and I mainly buy them for their beauty. Have made quince bandy with them this year.

The thing I would really like to make are marron glace. I adore them but they are wildy expensive and very cheap to make but the complete faff it would involve has always put me off, maybe after retirement eh? LOL.

Have a good day all. Fasters stay strong. We are worth the effort!

Viewing 50 posts - 10,801 through 10,850 (of 35,422 total)

You must be logged in to reply.