Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,986 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Nanafixit 8 hours, 59 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,301 through 9,350 (of 35,473 total)

• Jean, tell Steve he cant get away that easy….he is staying on the list! He can return the pebble to the beach next week πŸ˜‰

Angela, we are doing good arent we!

πŸ™‚

Evening everyone

Jean, poor Steve, tell him we’re letting him off the pebble but not off the hook! I am throwing too big stuff out too unless I totally love it (not much in that category). I am not giving myself the option of a fat wardrobe. There is not much I can’t get into yet and I am wearing some things that are a bit big because What is point of buying now. Might as well wait as long as I can.

Kay our beach is looking so good.

Audrey and Lynne, well done on losses.

Tammy and Hemmy you both seem well in the zone!

Angela, half a pound is nothing either water adjustment or food in transit as Jean says or a bit of travel bloat.

Audrey, hope fish and chips good.

Louise a bodycon dress so shapely. I have a lovely one. When it fits it gives me a really good shape. Still can’t wear it but tried it on this morning amd the zip goes up without trouble at least. Not long now I hope.

I’m sure I have read other things to comment on but can’t seem to remember them. Sorry!

So saw La La Land. Hmmm both OH and I couldn’t really get it for about the first hour, then I warmed up to it. In the end liked it but found it a challenge somewhat. I am a bit anti musical really. Some people are really raving about it.

I have grandson number 2 tomorrow afternoon. More cookie making I am sure as he is totally obsessed with making them at the mo. I just go with the flow. I am a much more indulgent and patient Grandma than I was mum to small children.

Xx

Morning all

Up early ready for quick nip to tesco when it opens…

We took the kitchen plans and tiles to show mum yesterday and she has passed them as acceptable hehe lol…

Vicky rang last night asking if we could babysit today…. I asked her to try to find someone else as our house is in a lot of a mess…. just awaiting call to see if they are coming! πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”..

Will post again later, Ian is back in work tonight so can rest up again for a few days as my back is not too clever again!

Have a happy Sunday everyone, love to all,

Audrey x

Morning All,

Throwing away all your too big clothes is a great idea. When I lost this weight before I did that and it really helped me to keep it off for a long time.
    I know the defining moment when I started to put it all on again: I had several work trips in quick succession just after Christmas and all my clothes were far too tight. I wanted to look good so I allowed myself to buy a few things one size up just to manage through that time and guess what, I grew into them again and continued to buy at that size! I’m so annoyed with myself. Never again.
    I have a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes that I’m about a stone away from getting into again. I’m looking forward to pulling them all out as I go on this journey.

Sorry to hear your back is playing up Aud.

Angela Xx

Morning All…

A frosty start for us this morning….

Going to Xscape at Castleford shopping centre hoping to find a Florida book for a bit of research…not a clue where we are going, as never been before…not Disney for us…travelling up and down the east and west coast….we would like to visit ‘Stuart’, daughter has a house there, she says it’s a pretty area.

Still not 100% hoping ears calm down more, still buzzing…doctor said OK for flying..a bit headachey paracetamol calms that down…

A very light food day today, I have had my berries, thinking of a bacon and tomato small baguette tonight….no lunch!

Audrey…hoping you get away from the babysitting a nightmare if all up side down…

Sarah…enjoy your baking day…as they say …if the children are happy everybody is…πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

I was only reading yesterday about getting rid of big clothes which don’t fit anymore….it means you have no intention of going down that road again….well done on those thoughts..

Angela…you think on those lines too…must have a go with my wardrobe when back off holiday…waiting for summer clothes coming in…

Kay….I have really made Steve feel guilty he is still talking about it..πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

Have a good day all..

Jean x

Thanks for all the confirmation re clothing sizes. Your story about how you put weight on last time was really interesting to me Angela. The only clothing I am ever buying again will be fitted slim size…

Jean, thank goodness you are beginning to improve. When are you off to Florida? Lovely to have some sunshine

Audrey, hope you avoid babysitting when you have that sort of thing going on in the house and back bad.

Hope the brithday girls are enjoying life and all of us staying strong or at least mindful.

Lovely sunny but very cold day here today. Cookie making then scooting for us this afternoon, plus a bit of chicken roasting.

Daughter is having a 3rd baby! Not planned and they were upset for a day or so – she was in tears and stressed when she told me (financially they could do with her going back to work really, not what she used to do in London but something local and part time) but quickly that emotion has changed. It is still very early days though. The boys will be 7 and 4 when the baby arrives in September. They do have very lovely babies! Xx

Morning very damp and cold here, could do with still being in bed, my hubby kept me up all night with coughing, and no I have no sympathy it’s not a cold it’s a smokers cough!!!, I got that annoyed I ended up on the settee at 4 in the morning, started dropping off and he decided to get up, could of done a “negan” on him, only those that watch walking dead will get that, but needless to say it’s not very nice.

Audrey hope your back improves quickly, the kitchen will be so worth the mess.

Sarah, an unplanned baby takes getting used to, but you get there, I know I did 😊

Jean, i wish it was me going to Florida, even just the flight would be good, I love flying.

As for putting out clothes that are too big, I refuse to unless they start falling off me, too many times I have done it and ended up spending a fortune replacing them.

Right catch you all later
    Tammy xxx

Good afternoon friends hope all is well with yours.Xx

What a beautiful day. Oh so very pretty for walking.

A very Happy Birthday to our Birthday Girls. Xx

Aud .. hope your back is going to be ok. Take it easy if you can. Xx

Gotto… think getting rid of big clothes if they cant be altered is the way to go. Trying to wear all my stuff bigger now for walking etc.

I now have a few bits in size 12 for going out. Reluctant to buy too much till settled in size.
    I still cant believe I started here size 16. Never in million years did I think I would see size 12 again. In away quite like the feeling of clothes hanging off me.. instead of clinging to me. Lolol. Have a good day. Xx

Sym… When I was in Florida I felt really slim… although a 16.lol .

It was a few years ago but found the food a bit off putting. Felt hungry on the first morning breakfast but when the plate came sooo much it put me off. Lol.

Bet you are looking forward to that wonderful sunshine. All lovely and slim to go too. Xx

Sarah .. hope the cookie making is going well. Sounds like a busy happy day for you. Xx

Tammy…Having an interrupted sleep is no joke. Try to have a little nap if possible later. Xx

Easy day here just reading and relaxing. Lamb chops made into a roast for me and Mum. Making the most of a non chicken Sunday… while Kristy is away working at an event. Lol

Have a good day all … Brit lovelies…

Being happy doesn’t mean you’re perfect. It just means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections Xx

Afternoon All…

We have had a good walk today, about 4 hours…we found a book on Florida …hard because it’s out of season!….new eye shadow palette, and a whisk. A touch of snow falling first of the season here but soon stopped..❄️❄️❄️

Sarah…we are flying the 1st Feb but will sleep over in Manchester at a premier inn about 10 mins from airport on the 31st Jan….M62 can soon get blocked with accidents so it’s better to be closer.

So Friday will be last weigh in for JSJ…looking how Steve is it will be better for everyone!!

I feel better today 🀞🀞stopped my oil in ears..just paracetamol and steroid nose spray..

Tammy……my daughter was cabin crew with Emirates she loved it for 19 years although in management ground based with a bit flying for the last 10 years. She catches planes as buses…even I used to catch the Manchester 9 pm Wednesday night flight to Dubai, catching the one back 2 pm Sunday so I could get back to work Monday morning…those were the days…I did it a lot….lovely to just see her….she is a stay at home mummy now…she misses it big time…

Hemmy….like you I was a very very tight 16.. maybe should of been an 18!!…. now a loose 14 and a few 12s thrown in….last time I was a 12 pre pregnancy 45 years ago…would be nice to make them all a 12…but comfortable still snug…

Sorting out my plane nibbles usually family bags of maltesa, trreets, M & M s etc …not this time different nuts and we will buy a sandwich to take on board…the food was terrible last time…No Chocolate unheard of before!!!

American food is a complete nightmare, you struggle to buy any thing healthy even from the supermarkets.

Happy birthday to all the birthday girls and boys over the next few days…

Jean x

Hi

Jean, what a job for your daughter to of had, how life gets in the way of things, but a brilliant experience.

OK so Jean you have sent me into a mini flap, saying last weigh in for jsj, is Friday, am I right in thinking this is, just because you are going away, and for the rest if us it’s the following Friday.

X

Afternoon lovely ladies 😊😊.

Bbbrrrrr it’s chilly here 😱😱. Just spent 2 and 1/2 hours caddying for my youngest. He played a cracking game. Now we r home and I’m trying to warm up. Doesn’t help knowing Iain was lying around a pool earlier, lounging and drinking in his swimming trunks lol πŸ˜‚.

Hi, gotto I’ve thrown away all my big clothes or I have had them altered and have started again. I’ve gone from a size 16 to a size 8. I will never go back to what I was, and having the right size clothes in my wardrobe will definitely keep me well on track. Sarah also advised me to have a trigger weight which really helps to. If u get near it, it’s time to re focus your weight loss journey. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—x

Hi Sarah, wow another grandchild how fab 😊😊. I was the same when I fell pregnant with my first…I can even remember crying to my parents apologising to them that I was pregnant lol. They were fine about it all. I had been with my hubbie for 5 years lol πŸ˜‚. I think it was shock. Congratulations to u all lovely news πŸ” (Best I can do no stork lol πŸ˜‚). I hope you have had a nice day cooking. Exciting stuff on the bodycon dress, won’t b long before u r partying in it πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Hi Jean, hope u had a nice day at castleford, that’s not far from us. My eldest goes skiing there. Florida holiday sounds lovely. Which places r u gonna visit. Wld love to see a different side to America than just the parks 😊😊. Makeup and whisk u did make me chuckle πŸ˜†. Fingers crossed u start feeling better soon my lovely. U r doing fab on yr weight loss journey too. I think everyone is doing fab including all our blips. So proud to be part of our group. U all inspire me πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ˜˜

Hi hemmy, I love hearing our amazing weight loss journeys…uve done fab too. Dropping those sizes is fab going πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—. Nothing worse than a coughing snoring hubbie. I def feel for u. Xx

Hi Audrey, hope your back is better soon. Last thing u need is to babysit when yr not 100%. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

I hope the bday girls are having a lovely day and being pampered πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ›πŸΈπŸŽˆπŸŽ€πŸŽ‚πŸ°πŸΎπŸ·xxx

Hi everyone else hope u have all had a cracking weekend πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—xx

Thought I wld mention been a NFD for me today. Having a FD tomorrow whose joining me?

Love Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—.

Tammy…..panic over…..we are doing three weeks….but if the scales are down a week Tuesday morning I am having that or not as the case may be…lol

Sarah….sorry I forgot to say congratulations on baby number 3 all very precious πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Louise…16 to a 8 that amazing …you have halved yourself…you are the leader of the pack…πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Tammy was the one with a snoring hubby!! πŸ’€πŸ’€

We are with you tomorrow fasting…

Jean x

What a day!! πŸ˜­πŸ€’πŸ˜­πŸ˜¨….. 2 girls have ran me ragged all day… one feeling sick, the other moaning….. gosh was I happy you see their mum, grabbed their coats pushed the shoes on them and almost shoved them out the door! I NEED A DRINK…..

Ian just set off for work, he is shattered also… hope you have all had better day than me…

Off again now, be back tomorrow just going to run a bath then pour myself a big glass of whatever…then crawl into my bed…( yes I know how early it is)…

Sorry Sarah nearly forgot, congratulations on another grandchild, I am sure yours are much better behaved than mine, although mind are usually good…πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡…

I am doing Monday fast again… are we going for Monday Mass Fast again?
    Aud xx

I was interested to read the varoused views re: clothes. I don’t tend to buy expensive classics anyway (shopping alot at Next) so when I went from a size 16 to a 12 last time I just chucked everything. There are some items I even bought in both a 14 and a 12 as I loved them so much! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    I tend to change my mind in what I like to wear so buying a new wardrobe of current season stuff appeals to me. I will say that I don’t have any kids to spend my money on so maybe that helps.

Louise, how did you go from a 16 to an 8 and how long did it take you? I haven’t been a size 8 since I was 16!! I tend to stop happy at a 12? Xx

Hi gotto,

It’s gonna sound so crazy 😜…..15 weeks give or take. Xxxxx

Hi gotto,

I have lost 4 stone since the 26th September 2016. That sounds crazy too when u see it written down.

Love Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’—πŸ’—xxx

Louise .. Lolol You seem to have acquired me a snoring coughing hubby. No hubby for me . Lol

Well done on that fantastic achievement. All credit to you.

You have got me thinking now … why not size 10. Lolol Xx

Hemmy you are more than welcome to my snoring, coughing husband !!!!!😊

Tammy xxx

Just been thinking my week out and realise that our national bard is about to muck up my fast days, my plan was to fast monday, Wednesday and Thursday, Tuesdays of cause, is reserved for tea and toast, but Wednesday is burns day and we are having a burns lunch, so haggis, neeps and tatties, do you think if I just stick to this one meal, I could call it a fast, although chances are it will be over 500 cals.

Xxx

Hi everyone
    Amazing how much weight people have lost on here, i weigh in first thing tomorrow, lost 10lbs in two weeks but dont feel that i have lost more this week hopefully im wrong. The FD weren’t a problem again i hope it stays like that. Enjoy your evening folks.

Tammy … Is your hubby a good handy man. Might be worth the snoring and coughing as my hearing isn’t too wonderful. Lolol Xx

Hi caspdexy

As long as you for 2 x 500 days and keep Wednesday low you should be fine… I have done that loads of times…

Hope this helps
    Hemmy I would lend you Ian, he snores too, but is NO DIY enthusiast… lol πŸ˜‰
    Audrey x

Seems like Monday is a popular day for fasting this week, I’ll also be joining you.

Looking forward to weighing on Tuesday after my first week and hope I can see the same losses some of you have. It’s is motivating to hear how well everyone has done.

Hope everyone has a great week

Lynne

Hi all

Some really funny posts on here today. I am joining the mass fast tomorrow amd I really need to! Suffice it to say I have been unrestrained this weekend. I will spare you the gory details but it has not been pretty! Feeling pretty grotesque. I won’t be hitting my JSJ target like this.

Louise hilarious stork. I hope to goodness I can give myself maintenance advice on trigger weights sometime.

I am going to be happy with an easy 14 and the odd 12. I am not a small person as well as being almost 5ft 9. I also have long arms legs and quite broad shoulders. I would certainly say medium frame at the least. I want to be slim and healthy and strong. Once upon a time when I was going to the gym regularly I had good arm definition which I want to get back.

Audrey my grandsons are still very young, not yet hit those pre teen years. They are pretty good with lovely personalities (biased) but even they have their moments and don’t always behave well. Big old bake in with the youngest (3) today, cakes and cookies (they are only a small part of the gory details). Luckily Sam likes to take his wares back home for his family. He is very proud of his egg cracking now! We also played stick ninjas for a while during which he said ‘bloody dummies’ honestly I had to leave the room to have a quietly hysterical moment out of sight.

As I was reading your posts from today, I was thinking what a lovely, no nonsense, no c##p and supportive group we are and how honest we can be as a result. I have had a dreadful eating weekend with actually NO excuses, not ill or under the weather, not travelling or on hols, not got a big dinner out or friends round, nothing, but I know I am going to tell you about it, fast with some of you tomorrow, get over it and move on. Really I wish I could bottle you guys. Enough already! xx

Tammy, why don’t you have haggis and neeps and no tatties or tiny tatties? I bet that would come in at 500 or very close.

Fingers crossed for weigh ins Lynne and Teamy.

Hi all

Sorry for the moan earlier…

I have had a lovely bubble bath and a very big glass of port and am now relaxed.

Sarah the girls are 8 and 6… but the 6 year old is going on 20… at least that is what she seems like some days.. it sounds like you have had a good weekend… just put it behind you and fast again tomorrow. I have over indulged also…. fish n chips yesterday then pizza with the girls today…

Yes we are a supportive group that is why us oldies have stuck around so long. .. hehe LOL. ..

I am going to watch some tv and then settle down for an early night. I am ready for my Monday fast when I went shopping I found some stir fry venison strips so am having them with some roasted vegetables… not a carb in sight… who said you can’t teach an old dog …LOL πŸ˜†… bigbooty would be pleased with me…

Night all

Audrey x

I think its Tammy with the snoring coughing husband!! πŸ˜‰

I wonder what has happened with Bigbooty. He usually pops up all over. Haven’t seen him for ages. Hopefully he will be back.

Sarah… congratulations on another grandchild. Wonderful news. Xx

Lynne Fasting also tomorrow ..weighing Tues. Good luck. Xx

Teamy .. well done a brilliant start. good luck this week. Xx

Aud.. enjoy your Port and early night. First week-end alcohol free for ages. Yay. Xx

Sounds like we are in for a busy Fasting day tomorrow. What is everyone planning.

I am going to stick with a ready meal. Seems easy. Decided to use up stuff out of the freezer I have got marked down from my local coop. Beef stew and 2 dumplings 400 cals. So splitting it between Lunch and dinner with some Brussels. A cup of all milk coffee before Mr Pips walking. Calling it good to go. Lol.

Have a good evening all. Xx

Thanks Hemmy

Apple Tree Yard on tonight. Totally love Emily Watson ever since I saw her in the mesmerising and heart rending Breaking the Waves about a decade ago xx

Hemmy, he is bloody useless, if anything is needing done I do it, or get my dad to do it !!!!

Sarah good idea about the tatties, why didn’t I think of it lol

Well just finished watching what I affectionately call “greet of the week”, call the mid wife, I do love it and bonus this week I didn’t cry (greet).

Well that’s me till tomorrow, good luck all the ones weighing in, I am joining the fasters.

Tammy xxx

Morning all

I am ready for mass fast Monday, hope everyone else is… I am on roasted veg and venison stir fry, what’s everyone else having?

Quick question, the venison strips have a sauce with them, it is in a separate bag… it says it is suitable for freezing as I only want half the packet will it be OK to pour the sauce over the meat before cooking then freeze half?

Audrey x

Morning all,

Good luck to everyone today whether weighing or fasting. I’m joining in mass fast Monday.

Sarah, I’ve had a weekend like yours so may try to go for 3 fasts this week, today, tomorrow and Thursday. See how I get on. I’m going to have to stop sabotaging myself at weekends if I want to move forward. Xx

Louise, 4 stone since September is phenomenal. Did you just stick to 5:2 or did you add in exercise, or fast more days? Xx

Fast today – weigh tomorrow….seems like ive joined the masses

Good luck all….

A diet thats working….its only taken me 25 years to find one lol…..go on holiday in 3 weeks so gotta keep with it so i dont get harpooned on the beach! Only away for a week though so wont be too naughty!!!

Cookie

Morning all

Audrey, personally I would keep the sauce separate before freezing. You could just take half out and peg the bag closed on the rest. I am having nothing today apart from a little milk in tea and coffee.

Hemmy, you must have a will of iron to eat half. I’d have to wait and then eat the lot or I would awaken the hunger dragon. I think one of your recent quotes talks about us finding the way that suits us. So true!

Angela, you are making me think about trying to do 3 this week. I couldn’t do back to back so it would have to be Mon, Weds, Fri. Just not sure I am up to that.

Cookies, good luck tomorrow. A holiday is a great motivator. With this WOL one day in the not too distant future you will be going with absolutely no chance of being harpooned. (That was very funny!)

Tammy, sometimes your words and diction like ‘greet’ and ‘that’s me’ make me think fondly of when I was visitng parents in law in Paisley. When I first met my OH I thought he might be from Canada because his accent is so soft after years down South. He sound at all lowland West coast.

Have a good strong day guys

Hi all – just spent the morning (!) reading everything I missed over the weekend. Sarah – lovely you’re having another grand-child. Get the discussion re throw away big wardrobe or keep…it’s the border-line clothes I have problems with. Some are worth keeping for ‘bloated’ days (sorry to start a Monday morning with such an image)

Right, I feel the need to do some thinking through my finger-tips, if you’ll bear with me. Had a lovely weekend, enjoyed my birthday (the surprise in a couple of weeks is now revealed – tickets to Thoroughly Modern Millie!). Today is a FD – along with many of you – so I weighed in this morning.

I have, at last, got to 11stone…that’s 2lbs for the beach, Kay. Obviously, really chuffed with that, but also chuffed because that was my ‘way-marker’ weight. So now my determination is to get and keep a ’10’ at the start of my weight for this new year of my life. My big resolution is to never go above 11stone again. If I have a target weight, it’s to hang out around 10st10lb. I think in size terms, that will make me a comfortable 14, and occasional 12? You all know how I’m the kind of person who has to lose each pound several times, so my immediate aim is to drop below the 11st and hover there while my body gets used to the sensation…I’ll be chuffed to pieces if I can get into Feb and get out of Feb at about 10st12lb, given that, like Cookies, I have a week away in the middle of Feb (no beach for me, we’re hitting the slopes, which means regular breaks for hot chocolate!)

Right – that’s the plan, then…in and out of Feb at the same weight (just noticed that means I have to lose another 2lbs by the end of Jan…!!)

BTW – Tammy, had the same conversation with my OH about neeps AND tatties. We’re skipping the tatties!

I’m fasting today too!!

Minols well done, I’ll add your 2 onto the beach.
    Sounds like a good plan for Jan into Feb. I need to focus on something similar..

Sarah I don’t think I could do 3 fluid only fasts either , I struggle with a 2nd one!

Off to the real beach this afternoon. Catch you all later x

Morning All…

A sunny very cold start today…the birds got fed before myself this morning they were waiting on the fence…

A very lazy start for us, staying in bed with our morning cuppa, watching holiday show and mishaps so quite a late breakfast which is good for us.

We are with the mass today, a smattering of cheese omelette with salad for us this evening.

Minols…you are very like me weight-wise wanting to get to cowboy time…you made me laugh…you might not know what I mean….lol…much too young. I am chasing the 2 lbs to ….11 stone which my body is holding tight onto the gate and it will not part with…..then the 4 lbs to cowboy time!

Like you I may stay there a bit to maintain and then decide…

What a lovely surprise to the show…a lovely idea.

Audrey…hope you are feeling refreshed today, you sounded shattered last night πŸ’€πŸ’€…poor Ian going to work also.

Teamy…that’s a great loss 10 lbs in two weeks good luck for tomorrow…πŸ˜€

Lynne…good luck to your weigh in also.πŸ˜€

Sarah…I look about the forum….not seen BB about maybe he’s on holiday…

Hemmy…you are into your m and s meals…beef stew and dumplings…spot on for the weather..

Audrey…you are sounding a bit posh with your venison…lol…I would freeze any sauce left in the bag…enjoy

Cookie…where are you going for holiday..we all like to know?? Soon get the weight off on returning…🌞

Tammy, Angela…three fasts in a week I have to get my head around that…

Kay…hope you are getting settled and all your boxes disappeared…just seen a beach walk later…lovely…get wrapped up..

Vi…are you still with us…hope you are feeling better…

Lynda…how are you doing? Are you still in Wales looking after Rory…

Louise…is everything falling into place now and stable….is it getting any easier..πŸ˜€

All for now, have a good fast day guys

Jean x

Thanks Sarah and Jean

I will freeze the meat and any remaining sauce separately… was not sure what to do with it..
    Must say it does make a nice change to have roasted veg, Ian isn’t that keen, but I love peppers, onion and courgette plus of course tomato.. does anyone else find themselves having the same low calorie meals each week or us it just me?

Well I am off now, I have found a new challenge on my fitbit so am virtually walking around new York today!

Back later

Audrey x

Hi Jean,

Off to Abu Dhabi. First time away just me and my wife….18yr old son and 16yr old daughter … too cool it seems to holiday with us!

Cookie x

Morning all, hope everyone had a great weekend. Just been reading back, it’s been busy in here!
    2lb off this week and a FD today but no idea what I’m going to have for tea yet.

Really busy weekend, my new little car is fab & I had a lovely meal out on Saturday night made good food choices but 3 large glasses of red wine oops!

Have a great day everyone

Clare x

Minols! Brilliant! You have kept very quiet about being so close to goal. No wonder the last few pounds have been tough. You are exactly where I want to be weightwise. May I ask how much you’ve lost in total? So pleased for you. Really wonderful. Ps ALL my clothes are ‘borderline’ except for about three as yet unwearable items….

Jean you too. So well done and just tinkering with the odd few pounds. I really hope you maintainers plan to stay here and hold us to account while we catch you up and then we can all just be a maintenance thread and welcome the newbies lol.

Clare, good for you. Great loss. Pleased you are happy with new car. I had mine from new for the first time ever. I am not a car person at all but I do love mine. It is now 8 years old. I do not what to change it and the thought of having to do so fills me with dread. It will literally have to fall apart or cost me a lot before I have another. I can so empathise with the three glasses of red….

Cookies, enjoy it while it lasts. Our children went through the too cool for school phase but not for long. We all still have one or two holidays a year together. This year we have a villa in Majorca and house in Salcombe booked. There are 8 of us, soon to be 9. The cool phase was much cheaper….

Kay, I am seriously thinking about attempting 3 as punishment for having my nose in the trough all weekend. Plus I have a black tie do, Mayor’s dinner dance (oh big old yawn zzzzzz) on Saturday and although it is not something I am bothered about looking great for, I suppose it gives a bit of a focus. I will wait to see how I feel on Wednesday.

Well I better go and do some work, although obviously I do my best work while really looking through the thread. Lol!

Afternoon lovely ladies,

FD going well, blueberries and Greek yoghurt, crispbreads, butter and mozerella and chicken stir fry with soya sauce for tea. Audrey, yes I do find I eat the same old same old on FD. I suppose when u find food that works u stick to it πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—.

Hi minols fantastic news on hitting the 11. Well done u I bet u are chuffed 😊😊. Sounds like you had a fab bday birthday too πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸ°πŸΎπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—.

Hi gotto, I did the 5:2 or 4:3 and water fasting. Really struggled to eat enough though on my non fast days as was on 800 calories for 8 weeks. So I think I lost a lot faster than usual. Started exercising at the end of October, 13hrs a week. I went into calorie deficit a lot as struggled to eat enough, due to a smaller appetite and no cravings what so ever due to no sugar being in my system. Another reason I think I lost weight. Trying to maintain now which has been another struggle as I over thought it. Now I’m not thinking about it, it is easier. …..lost 5lbs last week though so still a work in progress πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•. I know fasting losses weight, but I really enjoy it and I don’t look at it as doing it to just lose weight now. But look at it from the health benefits now and the regeneration that goes on in yr body when u fast 😊. Anyway if I loose weight in the week or feel as though I have I eat more πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—. I will work it out eventually πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ˜•πŸ˜˜xx

Well done blank for ur 2lb loss fab fab fab πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Hi Sarah, have a good day at work. Hope u r having a good day?πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

Hi Kay, u lucky thing enjoy the beach 🌊 πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜.

Hi to anyone I have missed. 😊😊

Good luck to all my fasting friends today and non fasting friends.

Love Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒxxxx

Hi Sarah. I’ve lost 1.5stone, so not a huge amount, and I’ve taken longer than most people to lose that! I’m going to claim that I planned do it slowly (!) and that’s partly genuine. I stand up in public every week in a way that is never supposed to be about me…and yet there are always some people who want to pass comment on how I look. They are lovely people, and (usually) say nice things – that’s not the point. It’s just not supposed to be about the messenger. I want to look presentable, but I especially don’t want people to be noticing my weight.

Of course, it’s also been slow because I want to be able to maintain this, and drastic changes to my love of junk food, to my love of eating out, to my love of a wee something with coffee was NEVER going to work. Reigning it in a bit on NFDs and being really restrictive a couple of times a week, well, that I’ve found I can do.

Most of all, though, I’ve discovered that having this group is what has made the difference. Having kind, understanding people who I WANT to be accountable to, but who never give me a hard time, has been key to this WOL working. I still think I have a long way to go to get these last few pounds under control, and finally gone or kept corralled and only allowed out at Christmas or holidays and then only for a week…now I feel like I’m caught up in Jean’s weird cowboy reference (Jean – huh?) And I think that’s my real goal. Not a single number, but a few pounds that mosey on around the ranch like wild horses, and that I will probably never drive off completely (unlike the other pounds/horses who are never allowed back in the valley) but that have become semi-domesticated and usually well corralled. There – how’s that for wildly extending an image from Jean that I still don’t understand!

Right, off to hang up my Stetson and get a…cup of Bovril – oh, very wild west!

Mx

Audrey…we always have the same…salad with some hot meat or omelette ..it does get boring but has to be done….I have never tried venison I would think down the steak front, you have to have it very rare that’s not for me…

Cookie….make the most of it…it won’t last they know it’s cheaper with Mum and dad paying…lol..

Abu Dhabi will be wonderful, lovely beach and sea….weather should be lovely… something for the shoulders for your wife on an evening they do like cold ACs….as I said I have been to Dubai a lot, Sharja…middle of May it gets really hot..too hot….have a lovely time..

Clare…glad you are pleased with your car…you get attached..lol…well done on your 2 lbs off..

Sarah…we will keep here, got to get there yet…my body will not let me…☹️.. Minols kept quiet she is like me batting and bowling with the last few pounds…I have lost 33 lbs up to now..I wanted 28 lbs but decided to continue on to 39/40 lbs…I am happy were I am, just nudge a bit more…lol

Villa sounds lovely in Majorca with all the family, Steve and I have only done that once I really enjoyed the holiday..

We are going ok at the moment just had a coffee, hope everybody else are doing well…

Jean x

HA HA! I thought this forum was for advice…instead its scare stories about the fact my kids will join me again on holiday!!!

Cookie

Good afternoon F B Brits.. hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

So many posts will have a good read later. lol

Well done Min and Clare on your 2lbs loses. Wow a brilliant amount Must be a good start to the week for you both. Xx

I usually have the same FDs … eggs … eggs and eggs. Lolol

So that’s why inspired by Gotto decided to give these meals a whirl. Had a milky coffee at 11am then just had half the stew and one dumpling. ( Coop) plus some sprouts. Quite filling as its a good portion. Happy with that and don’t feel at all hungry or sorry for myself. Lolol May do this evening when I give Mum her roast dinner I made up from yesterday.

Off to go through my bedroom draws. Thrown lots of socks already. Baggy knickers next in line. Lol

Brit lovelies…. Everybody has a different view about life, we have to accept that, and learn to respect others, even if our own views are exactly opposite theirs, then we can learn from each others.

Think this is what we are all doing on this thread that’s why it works so well. Xx

Minols…you are about there with horses and Stetson…we used to watch a cowboy on TV called Bonanza, years go …it’s beginning tune was sorted of…ten ten tenten ten ten…it went on for a while..it’s a good job I can’t sing it to you because I can’t sing. If we said what time is it and it was 10.10…we always said cowboy time…lol

Steve said a while ago what weight would like to be…I said cowboy time….then you said 10.10 you made me laugh…

Maybe it’s a us thing…lol……

By the way well done on the 2 lbs off I got way laid..lol

I bet you can sing really well.. 🎢 🎢 🎢…πŸ˜€

X

Oh Jean

Now you have me singing! Who could forget little Joe and Hoss?

Ten you ten always cowboy time here too!

La la la

Audrey x

Viewing 50 posts - 9,301 through 9,350 (of 35,473 total)

You must be logged in to reply.