Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,915 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 1 hour, 22 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,201 through 9,250 (of 35,402 total)

• Hi all
    FD completed under 500 cals going to have a lowish day tomorrow going to Wales to looked after grandson taking my scales with me lol

Lynda x

Lynda..
    Well done on your day.

Enjoy your trip to Wales and Grandma duties….scales on holiday too…πŸ˜€

Tammy..
    Your OH same as Carols, I think men don’t like the diets my SIL has a driving job and he’s heavy too, 20 stone plus…gets argumentive if you talk diets!

When we started Steve had hit 16 stone and it was at his heaviest, his friend tapped his tummy and said retirement suits you…it seemed to hit the spot and we both arrived at 5.2.. I was also at my heaviest…so no choice it won’t come off on it’s own and continuing eating as we did…

So you are with us tomorrow…that’s 5 of us…lets get this weight moving off….lol

Jean x

Hi all

Ian is off work now until Sunday night and we have lots to do around the house before the kitchen arrives. So I will be very quiet for the next few days…

Have a good week everybody

Together we are stronger

Audrey x

Hey Tammy

Yes, I nearly always do 4 FD’s in a row. I probably loose the least weight out of all of you ( Sorry Minols, stealing your title ) as I am in a wheelchair, and always in a huge amount of pain, my ability to move is very restricted. Sorry, you were probably hoping for better news
    x

Vi, I understand that and it’s a total bummer, but I take it you don’t find any bad side effects?, like dizziness etc, maybe I will try it one week, to see if I can cope, I am very much ok if I don’t start eating but just tend to pig out when I do, it might counter act this, maybe try 3 in a row first, thanks for getting back to me.

Xxx

Tammy,

No, I never get dizzy or black out, but that 4th day is always very tough. You can always adapt the diet to what fits for you, that’s the really great thing

x

Hi all and welcome Littlebean

Jean, hope you are starting to feel better.

Vi sister still going strong. I do bug her a bit. She hasn’t tried to kill me yet though!

Apologies to anyone who doesn’t want to read about high fat – I’d skip the next bit…

Good luck to those fasting tonight or tomorrow. I am doing Friday xx

Tammy, bearing in mind I am no expert and this is just what seems to be good for me. I also don’t count cals at all. (Hope I don’t gain this week. Lol) I have snooped around the forums a fair bit and it seems to me that people who have lost a lot and then maintained for a long time seem to be low carb and higher fat, I tried for a bit and it really seems to fill me and reduce cravings. When I used to binge it was always on carb or sugar type things.

I am not going no or even very low carb and have no intention of doing it, but I am much reduced from what I used to eat and crave and binge much less. It is not anything like Atkins which I did for about a week 10 years or so ago. It didn’t suit me at all because it is so restrictive of all carbs including the carbs in many veggies. I do eat a lot of veg and most of them have carbs in. I have virtually given up pasta, rice and potatoes and don’t miss them. The potatoes are the most startling. I used to be the baked potato queen. I will keep having the odd roast or a chip or two but they are real treats. I miss bread most and still have it. I often have a small slice of wholegrain with a good bit of peanut butter the morning after a fast. I do try not to have it and when I do the quantities are much smaller. For example I wouldn’t have a sandwich unless I really wanted a treat diito cake. I see it in the same way as that. So what I have done is adapt what I eat rather than totally change it.

So an example would be my meal tonight. Spag bol. OH Had pasta I did not. I’ve tried spiralised courgettes and wasn’t keen as it seems to make it very watery. So no pasta but I did have a good bowl of bolognese, quite a bit 50grams maybe of grated cheese on it and a good dollop of full fat greek yogurt. Ate it with a spoon. V tasty and v filiing. Probably no less calories, maybe more, but much fewer carbs. I would expect that to keep me full until tomorrow afternoon. Another favourite is last night’s big pile of veg (not potato) roasted in plenty of olive oil and a chicken kiev on the side. So some carbs in the kiev but tasty and much less carbs than I would have had. I have those veg with a bit of salmon, chicken leg, or goats cheese or anything else I can throw on.

Things i eat a lot of are roasted salted nuts instead of crisps, never low fat anything, yogurt, cheese, mayo, creme fraiche etc all full fat. I have even gone full fat milk which I don’t find too much now after years of semi skimmed. I also eat curry, chilli, bolognese, bowls of soup with grated cheese, cheese in general etc. For a roast chicken dinner I would not have the potatoe but would eat the skin or crackling on pork etc. I top a cottage pie with butternut squash or sweet potato mash. So just normal dinners without the carby thing. I also like cream cheese or full fat hummous on salad or celery and tuna or chicken with full fat mayo on lettuce etc.

There are carbs in pulses like lentils and beans but it is not like spiking your insulin with refined carbs. And they are great if you want something with a bit of heft if you know what I mean.

It takes a while and I am no angel. Not sure I even want to be and I am very aware I could slip (permanently) at any moment but I feel less like I could eat my own arm on a regular basis…hope this helps or at least that you’ve managed to stay awake.

One more thing- you are doing really well and unless you can’t cope with the cravings or you stop losing then maybe just continue with or without any modifiications. X

Hi lovely ladies 😘😘,

Hi newbies, soz can’t go back a page to c yr names as I will loose my post….which is very frustrating. Welcome to our lovely group. Lots of support and knowledge here. Shout if u need anything and welcome to a fab new WOL. 😊Xx

U have all been very busy πŸ˜€.

Been a busy day. I have found an amazing Seamistress who has saved me a fortune in new clothes and has taken in a lot of my favourites….she really has put life into some of my clothes that I couldn’t wear anymore. It is really exciting 😊😊. I’ve popped into work, been to the gym for a couple of hrs and done a bit of spring cleaning (it feels like spring in my mind lol).

I’ve had a good NFD and kept just under my TDEE. It’s still a work in progress on calories and exercise πŸ˜‰. One thing at a time…..just keep swimming lol 🐠🐠🐟🐑.

Hi, Kay hope u r settling into your new house πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜X

Hi, vi think u r amazing πŸ˜‰ on yr 4 day fasting. Big hugs πŸ€— x

Hi Jean, thanx lovely, it’s so gud to be feeling back to normal. This journey was never gonna be an easy one πŸ˜•.

Hi Audrey, I cant go back to the other page to see what has been said previously and I’ve read so many I can’t remember who wrote wat lol. I have the memory of a fish 🐟 😜. Hope u have had a good day xx

Hi, Sarah my stubborn donkey is def back he he. I’m on a relaxed mission to maintain. Hope u r well πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜xx

Hi minols, hope u r well….can I ask what r heck sausages lol πŸ˜‚. Am I asking the right person….memory of a sieve xxxπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—

Hi Graham, how u doing my lovely 😊 xxx

Hi caspdexy, have u had a good day? πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ˜˜

Hi Lynda, hope u r well too πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—.

Apologies to anyone I have missed. Hope u have had a good day too. Due a new page starting with posts I can’t go back n read them again and my memory is terrible. Our lovely group is getting so big πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ€—.

Good luck to fasters n non fasters tomorrow.

Love Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜€πŸŸπŸŸπŸ πŸ΄πŸ΄xxxx

Hi Sarah thanks for that, food for thought (pardon the pun), I will have to have a think at what I am going to do, feel like I am getting out of control on my nfd’s, I know I am doing it but can’t seem to stop, I think fast days work because it’s a competition with myself and I will win !!, which is why I was asking vi about her fast days, maybe I am best to just not start eating and it will counter when I do, will have a good think and see what happens. Thanks everyone for your advice.

Tammy xxx

Tammy, I am sure you will come to the right decision for you. Night night x

Sarah .. thank you for that post. Very interesting. Xx

You have pointed out some very good tips/ guidelines there. Going to keep that post in my favourite’s. Xx

Hemmy, LOL, if you ever have trouble sleeping then you will know where to find it xx

Hi all,

Just to let you know I’m still alive. Fat, but alive. I’ve had limited WiFi access in the depths of France. Food has not been good at all. Weigh in will not be pretty. Next week I can rectify all that though but it won’t stop me fasting on Friday when I’m back.

Xx

Hi
    If Ive caught all the posts the jar is now standing at 65.5 pebbles, although Ive not included the weigh ins from Gotto (3) and Cookies (8) because I dont know if you are joining in Jump Start January (JSJ).

I didnt manage a FD today, but it wasnt too bad in the end. I’ll have another go tomorrow ahead of weigh in on Friday morning!

House almost sorted out and everything unpacked, so just tinkering with things and attacking the stuff in the garage now.

Whos fasting with me?

Morning Kay,

I’ll be joining u today πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—. Glad u r getting settled.

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—xxx

Morning all

Kay you sound brilliantly organised already. Sounds like you are starting to feel at home already. Thank you for keeping tabs on us all despite the move.

Jean hope you are starting to see some improvement.

Angela, not surprised you have found France difficult. The pounds I have gained there in the past don’t bear thinking about!

Long day for me today including a meeting over tea this afternoon at posh hotel. I will have a bit of cake or scone and a bit worried about that but it is just the two of us again and a tricky meeting somehow too hard to refuse to eat. So the plan is to not eat until then and then have dinner of chestnut soup from freezer, (with a slug of cream Tammy LOL) without OH as he is out.

Sister fasting today for 2nd time this week.

Stay strong fasters. We are living proof this WOL works!

Hi,

Kay – this forum has lost 65.5lbs????? Thats less than i need to lose just me lol!!!

Struggled with my 3rd fast day yesterday as i did two in 3 days….BUT this morning had a Cappuccino and a Berry Crunch (Starbucks) and feel great again…..its an emotional yo yo…but one that quite weirdly im enjoying……

What on earth is happening lol……

I must add my wife keeps telling me to shut up because of an evening i tend to sit and read the 1000’s of posts you ladies put on this forum and giggle to myself…..

Anyway no more fasting til Monday now…have 2 client dinners in a row so will have to be mega careful.

Have a good week.

Cookie

Morning all.
    Sarah…thanks for post. That’s pretty much where we’ve ended up because my OH had to deal with symptomatic cones. Long story. He went on a phenomenally strict diet and we just haven’T really added spuds,pasta back in. Have a little rice at weekends and roast spuds at Christmas! Our problem is that chocolate and sweet have crept back in along with cake and if we’re out, chis. OH stepped on scales at the weekend and his put himself back on strict proteins and fats to try and drop a bit again, but won’T do 5:2. And i’M just determined not to diet but definitely feel better without the sugar spikes. ..which are still all too frequent. Especially cos as i’ve got older i’ve got meaner! My inner grumpy sod is quick to surface after a sugar trawlπŸ‘Ή

So tidy is a FD and unusually for me I’ve had breakfast…2 heck + 3 little streaky rashers which comes in at about 160 call unless I’M kidding myself! And the idea is that the protein/fat combo will carry me through (with the aid of a cup of bovril at lunch) to have pretty much the same with the boy tonight, while adding in some veggies. I’L let you know how I go!

Meanwhile…someone asked about heck? I asked the same question when I joined this forum! They are magic chicken /herb sausages that come in at 72cals for two! I know!Give me a plateful! I can only find them in tesco so I’M starting to stock pile them.

Also, meanwhile, if you’ve found the jar, Kay, I’ll climb another pebble,please! I know my usual weigh in is Sunday, but it’s my birthday then so not sure i’ll be bothering. Haven’T decided.

Mx

Morning All..

Still about the the same with my ears, felt a bit better last night but over night it’s back again..

The weigh in doesn’t look good tomorrow although we have been good calorie wise ( except 2 weekend days which are as usual) my fit bit says less than 2000 steps per day all week, that means Steve as well…I suppose it proves a point on getting moving even if it’s not ‘excerise’ as such!

I will walk out today for a bit of fresh air and steps!!

We are both fasting today joining the bunch…

Sarah…very interesting read….do you just count calories on your fasting day, and cut fat out then as it it would be well up?

I am in your mode totally but not made the move to full fat milk as we drink a lot…bread, potatoes and brown rice are down a lot..what I bought a week are now at least fortnightly or more…as all sugary treats only occasionally…no snacking between meals.

Audrey…hoping you are getting all your jobs done while Ian is off…

Louise…good news on the seamstress get all your favourites into play again…I might join you on that but maybe do it myself..πŸ˜€..have you got your rings back yet another job for me to do….

Kay…nice you are getting sorted out….a busy job…my daughters just about there…good luck on the garage that was her biggest job, being a teacher she has lots of school work, books etc..junk!….lol

Angela…back to land of the living….yes France isn’t the best place for diets…wine…umm

Hemmy…the fat rule is so difficult after years of wrong things we have been bombarded with…we will get there eventually..lol

Lynda..hope your scales behave in Wales…πŸ˜€

Tammy, Vi, LB, Graham, Carol, Minols, Clare hope all is going well my heads not good to catch you all.πŸ’•

Jean x

Cookie…
    It does grab you the forum….Steve and I are like teenagers, me on here and he goes on his motorbike forum…when staying with daughter she asks what we are doing on line…lol..I think she thinks we are out of the ordinary….

65.5 lbs is just from 3rd January pushing us to get back on track…JSJ….jump start January ..after Christmas gain…..only for this month..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Minols..
    Glad the pound came off…I think we will be in the non weight loss corner this week! Cut back on your nibbles, get back on loosing..πŸ˜€

Jean x

Jean, hope your ears start to ease off soon, that must be very miserable. The problem with viral things is that you cant do much with them, except take pain killers to ease the symptoms. Just hope you dont get ear infections.

Cookies, yes thats the collective amount for 12 of us on JSJ, quite good arent we πŸ™‚
    We like our pebbley beach!
    The twist is that we have to stay committed as we dont want to erode the beach by having to take a pebble away, which would happen if we gained a pound!

My weight is half a pound up from weigh in at old house, so need to drop down by the morning – my official weigh in.
    Off to Aldi later to top up the vegetables for the fridge and fish for the freezer.
    Im fasting today, but leaving it open as to what that will mean. I think I should aim for fluids only πŸ™‚

Lynda, are you and the scales having a good time in Wales?

Sarah, just choose the best option that you can at your teatime meeting!

Lots of talk about sewing, its not in my list of can dos, in fact we are about to sell Neils sewing machine, but I wish Id kept it up from when my mum showed how to sew!

Angela, I can imagine there were some yummy but high calorie choices in France!

Ive almost adjusted to the fat/sugar switch, but do have to read the nutrition values on things, as it can be complicated.
    Some natural yogurts for example…..the full fat version has more sugar than the low fat version, making the low fat version the better option. And then compared with the fat free version, there may be little difference again with the sugar, so it pays to compare the sugar breakdown across the options.w

What would be quite interesting to do over a couple of days, is for anything other than raw clean foods, we should post what the % of sugar is for 100gm of it!
    Preparation for a new challenge in February perhaps, focused on adjusting the sugar to fat…..

Audrey, look after your back ;-
    Γ™y
    Hello to everyone else, Ive not forgotten you, just need to get moving. Ill be back later.
    GRAHAM!!! Where are you??

Kay x

Morning everyone

FD today, I’ve gone without breakfast again so I know I can definitely do it – brought some soup & 5g of grated cheese into work for lunch (105cal) but I’m wondering if I could manage to wait until teatime and have one big meal? I think the problem will be that I’m so used to having my evening meal after 8pm that if I have it early on a fd I might then want to eat through boredom in the evening.

Going to try and get some heck sausages today, thanks for the info Minols – looked online & Waitrose have them at 2 for Β£5 and there is a branch near work so I might grab some – I do all my shopping at Aldi normally.

Have a great day all
    Clare x

HI everyone,

Thanks for the lovely welcome! That’s so kind.

Sarah your post was really interesting – my taste seems to be really similar to yours. I love a bowl of mild chilli with sour cream. I find that rocket compliments it really nicely. Great tip for mash on cottage pie.

I’m fasting today, which is horrible and I’m well on board with the feeling of wanting to eat my own arm. My work office is right opposite the canteen as well. I might choose a day in future when I’m not in the office.

I was going to do 2 fast days but I see that some of you are doing more – 3 or 4. Is that because you want to lose quicker or are there some times when the 2 days doesn’t work as well?

Louise – that’s a great idea about altering your clothes – brings new life! I’m at the point where some of my favourites are just a little (a lot;0)) too tight so I’ll be saving myself a fortune by losing some weight. I was getting to the point where after Xmas I ordered a couple of things in the sale adn thought I’d have to start ordering the next size up from now on… then I thought hang on, that’s not the answer here, haha!

Thanks all and keep going!! I will not smell those chips!

lB xx

We are a bit hungry this afternoon..we both have a rumbling tum…a few hours to go to our dinner yet.

Hot chicken and salad tonight….and a cuppa in a bit.

We have been out for a village walk to have a break from the house, nothing much planned today…get some steps in…..

How’s the fasting gang going…is very everyone OK???

Jean x

Jean
    Just spent the last couple of hours updating my address on everything so we are now going to have a walk into the village to get some fresh air and let Ellie stretch her legs. It was frosty this morning but it’s lovely and bright now.

Fast going ok, nothing eaten yet. Just had a splash of milk not my coffee for my lunch πŸ™‚

How are your ears feeling?

Welcome to the newcomers πŸ™‚

lB stick to the 2 FDs until you get into the swing of it. We all mostly do 2 a week but may introduce an extra one if we need to counterbalance a heavy week or been on holiday etc.

Catch everyone later

Kay x

Kay..

I am not 100%.. ears buzzing, continuing with steroid nose spray and warm oil in ears, and paracetamol…given up on head over bowl, my hair is a wet sauna mess!!

It’s not hurting like ear ache pain just buzzing and fuzzy a bit aching..can’t hear. No stones for us tomorrow a very lazy week….

Nice to have a walk out to see your new area with Ellie let her get settled in with her new smells….sometimes can be a bit unsettling for them out of their usual area.

Lovely after your worry before Christmas to be in your new house…and making it home.

Jean x

Hi all

Kay glad your all getting settled in.

Symba7 feel better soon

Lb it was chippy lunch at my work today, which I have to pick up and distribute, it was horrible, normally I wouldn’t fast and have some, but we had a new chippy open and we are having it for tea tomorrow.

I have had a really good day, not been hungry at all, but I did laugh when my daughter got home from school and I said to her “listen to your stomach rumble”, and she replied that it was mine lol.

Even made a chicken and veg pie for their tea tonight, hope it tastes ok because I didn’t even taste it to see if it was seasoned right.

Hi to everyone else, catch you later x

….Ive still got a blocked ear and catarrh….Neil is still snuffly, but we are almost cleared of it.

Nice little walk. Very tiny village so not many steps earned but it all helps!

It doesnt look like the garden gets much sun at the moment πŸ™

Fasting continuing but Im hungry!!!!!
    Just got a mug of peppermint and licquorice tea….

Hi all
    Only gone a left my scales at home grrrr!
    Think my son has some somewhere so going to use them on Sunday doing another fast today as I’ve not eaten much just my breakfast.
    Looking after grandson tomorrow so Friday is a fast day for me going to a party in the night but will be home early with GS as mum and dad want to party hopefully leave b4 they unwrap the buffet.
    Lynda x

Tammy…
    Please talk about gust and chips on a FD…my favourite…wouldn’t mind some tomorrow but out for a steak meal Saturday so might have to miss that one…πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Kay…
    Hope you both soon feel better not only me…lol

Lynda..
    Fancy forgetting your scales….😬😬..enjoy the party without buffet….

Jean x

Murky day here today.
    Finished the nursary curtains. Took longer than expected as my machine was being difficult. Took it apart serviced and oiled it and it seems to be ok.

Not a FD for me but I’m keeping it light as I have 2 meals out this weekend then lunch out on my birthday on Tuesday. Don’t expect to have lost anything but hope nothing goes back on.

Jean
    Hope your ears are at least a little better. I’ve had ear problems over the years and earache is horrible.
    Minols
    You can get Heck sausages at Morrison’s but they are in the chilled section of the freefrom aisle along with the gluten free products.
    Kay
    You seem to have settled in your new home well. I’m glad it was a stressful time for you over Christmas.
    Littlebean
    Welcome to our group. Won’t be long and you’ll be in a routine. It is hard at first and you do have challenging days. I did laugh at you wanting to eat your own arm. πŸ˜‚ I know the feeling.

Quiche and soup again tonight. I made the quiche with salmon this time. More Cal’s but very tasty. With the small beans on toast I had this morning, I’ll be around 809 Cal’s for the day.

Have a good evening all.

Hi all

Glad you are all OK, we have had a busy day choosing and buying tiles, then started to empty some shelves out of the dining room!

Will check in again tomorrow, it’s a fast day for us…

Audrey x

Hi all

Well done Minols a pound off so much better than one on!

Jean, I don’t count cals on fast days because I don’t eat at all. I only have a splash of milk in tea and coffee and drink that black at work anyway. I calculated it once and it was only about 60 cals. I have an optional teasp of marmite if I need the salt kick. Otherwise nothing. Hope you continue to improve so you are fully fit for your holiday.

Tammy, good stuff! Very hard to resist fish and chips. We are seeing lala land on Saturday night and there is a brilliant chip shop near…..

Lynda, your scales may not weigh the same on a different surface anyway. Enjoy your babysitting.

Hope our fasters still going strong. Tomorrow you can eat!

In the end I could have fasted today as the hotel just brought small selection at tea and I could actually have avoided eating anything, but I had already eaten by then so had a fruit flapjack type thing. Small but perfectly formed and weirdly didn’t even feel the need to have anything else. So soup and salad tonight and liquid only tomorrow. Really not keen on Friday fasts but hey ho. Hang in there guys xx

Carol…nice you have your curtains finished a big job..your daughter will be chuffed……salmon quiche sounds lovely..

Audrey…..busy bee…hope you have sorted your tiles out and getting all the other jobs done..

Sarah…..I forgot you do liquid fasts that’s sorted then….it does give room for thought maybe after holidays I will go full fat milk…lol

Jean x

It’s not the fasting that makes you lose weight, it’s the constantly running up and down to pee, that makes you lose weight. #can’tgofor2minuteswithoutpeeing

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Evening lovelies,

Thought I wld be give looking at my emails on the phone whilst posting lol πŸ˜‚. Our group is getting so lovely and big I’m just forgetting what everyone has been up to and what they are saying 😊😊.

So here goes ….

Hi Sarah, hope you have had a good day…..how was afternoon tea mmmmmm scones and jam he he. Your sister sounds like she’s doing well on the 5:2 😊. My sister has joined slimming world…our world is too hardcore for her πŸ˜‰. She’s lost 7lbs in the last 2 weeks so it’s working for her. Glad she’s back in control and I know she will feel so much better for it.

Hi cookies, wow u are doing fab on the fasting 😊. It does get easier. I’ve tried water fasting which gives u a wonderful sense of freedom from eating….and lovely skin lol πŸ˜‚

Aaaah just seen the time will carry on after boot camp lol.

Love to u all Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜€πŸ˜€xxxxx

Well, started off with good I tentions but ended up eating more than I planned. OH been very snappy all day and tonight after him shouting at the TV, I gave in to a peanut butter sandwich. Damn, I’d been good all day. It is a NFD but its moments like this that I lose my control. Bad day. 😱😲😦😡

Yesterday and today have been NFD, but yesterday I struggled to get close to my TDEE – about 400 calories under. Today has gone better and I’ve ended up about 70 cals under.

Looking forward to my second fast day tomorrow, but may regret it as for us it’s traditionally chip shop tea on Friday night and OH and daughter will still be partaking!

The one thing I struggle with, always, is drinking enough water. I just don’t really like the taste so I think I’ll have to experiment with some lemon or lime added for a bit of flavour.

I may try some boiled eggs for breakfast, to see if the protein helps keep the hunger at bay, then a pork medallion and sweet potato fries when the others are tucking into their chips.

Well, this time tomorrow I’ll know if a Friday FD is possible.

Good luck everyone.

Good evening FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

What a busy lively thread this is. Wonderful.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day whether fasting or feasting. Lol

Shopping today in M&S decided to go with I think Cookie .. Lol so many of you now. Anyway tomorrow FD so as I am alone decided on 2 of the meals.. Just over 500 .. but will give it a go. Fish pie.. with prawns and salmon 320 cals… Braised steak with root veg crush. 243 = 563..

So going to give it a whirl. Yay all these lovely ideas from you all. Love it. Lol

Sym… hope those ears soon feel better. Need to get them ok before a flight. Good luck weigh in tomoz. Xx

Aud.. hope the new kitchen preps are coming on well. Don’t overdo it though. Xx

Carol .. only a blip with the sandwich … you have had a good day. Xx

Kay so pleased the move went well … sounds like you both and Ellie had settled already. That little village is so lucky to get you. Thank you for keeping tabs on the beach .. lol when you were so busy. Xx

Hope you all have a good sleep dreaming of those disappearing Pounds.

Brit lovelies…

Don’t ruin a good day like today … worrying about a bad yesterday.

Just let it go let it be. Xx

Just about to watch horizon…the dirty truth about clean eating…

Hi,

I’m back after sweaty boot camp lol πŸ˜‚.

I’ve had a gud FD, Greek yoghurt and blueberries, crispbreads, butter and mozzarella and for tea cod, garlic and bay leaves with loads of veg and pud a crisp bread.. In total 487 calories, lots of water, 2 hrs of exercise and 13,000 steps. A NFD for me tomorrow 😊😊

Hi well done on yr 1lb off, fab fab fab. I asked about hecks….n hecky thump they sound delicious πŸ˜‹. Will be buying and filling the freezer missed my sausage meals. Thanx for the tip πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—. I hope yr FD has gone well and the protein fat combo has worked.

Hi jean, I hope u r feeling better and yr ears r improving. Ear ache and toothache r the worst kind of pain πŸ˜•. I hope yr fast day has gone well. I haven’t eaten rice, bread 🍞 or potatoes for months and I don’t miss them that much. My bread fix hovering around the bakery in Tesco seems to work for the mo lol. My Seamistress has been a god send and enlarged my wardrobe by half again. Coats, tops, dresses πŸ‘— she’s amazing. I got my rings back this Monday πŸ’. Two sizes smaller and have been cleaned and look like the day I got them 😊😊. Really pleased to have them back and wearing them on the right fingers πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Hi Kay, hope yr FD has gone well today. Sorry to hear u r still not 100%. Yr village sounds lovely. Yep, I’ve had to have a lot of my clothes altered and new wardrobe of clothes. Hubbie happy as alterations r less expensive and I have some real favourites πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Hi Clare, welcome to our group 😊😊, I hope yr FD has gone well. Mozerella cheese πŸ§€ is low calories (78 calories) for 30g. It’s mild so depends on what yr taste buds like 😊. Everyone’s fasts days are different. I have brekkie, lunch and dinner. Some peeps miss meals and save their calories for the evening. It’s a bit of trial and error and u will soon find what works for u 😊X

Hi little bean, welcome. 😊, I wld def just start with 2 FD first, just to get used to fasting and finding what works for u 😊. 2 FD work well on the losing weight front. If u have had a week where u r socialising a lot or bdays, u cld work another one in to allow for the birthday cake eaten lol. Drink lots of water too that helps with suppressing hunger too. 😊😊x

Hi caspdexy, omg talk about torture….u did so well not to have any chippys 😊 I can smell them now πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—x

Hi Lynda, hope yr fast day has gone well. Sorry about the scales πŸ˜•. Fingers crossed u find some. Have a nice day with yr grandson to tomorrow and at yr party πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—x

Hi carol, wish I cld make curtains, I can’t even knit πŸ˜•. Glad u have had a good NFD, salmon quiche sounds lovely. Will look out for heck sausages in Morrisons too thanx for the tip πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—x

Hi vi, hope u r well. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Graham, where r u? I hope yr week is going well πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—x

Hi pasha, welcome to our group, lots of lovely support and knowledge on here. I have struggled like u with getting to my TDEE. It just takes time to eat yr TDEE a day. Good luck tomorrow on yr FD, mind over matter…that’s what I keep telling myself lol. 😊😊xx

Hi hemmy, oooh yr FD sounds yummy tomorrow 😊. Love yr end thoughts πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Apologies if I have missed anyone.

Gud luck to everyone fasting or non fasting tomorrow.

Love Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜€xxx

Hi Audrey, exciting stuff this kitchen. I bet u can’t wait until it’s done πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—. Hope u both have had a good fast day πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—x

Hi all,

I’m home. Will slowly work in catching up on all the posts. FD for me tomorrow to try to get back on track.
    I haven’t really over eaten or drunk loads but everything I’ve had has been naughty. It was all set food, no choices given (except lunch on Tuesday where I chose a burger before I knew what was coming!! πŸ˜‚) oh well, back to it tomorrow.

Hope you’re all well and having a good week. Xx

Morning all

Fast day for me today. Sister successfully completed her 4th yesterday. Liquid only. So please she is sticking to it. Might have overdone it this week though and no looking forward to weighing on Saturday.

Kay I watched clean eating last night too and then watched the fat vs carb programme they advertised at the end available on bbc i player. Basically a journalist went on very high fat very low carb for three weeks against most medical advice and the advice of gp. The result was he lost a stone and substantially reduced his cholesterol.

Tammy, lol re peeing, always a good sign.

Carol, that sandwich doesn’t sound a disaster on a NFD. Although there may have been a better end for it involving your OH! My OH is not in my good books after coming in with a large box of salted caramels last night. I had a hissy fit and he said oh well you don’t have to eat them. It is not deliberate sabotage but sometimes I do wish he wasn’t quite so oblivious!

Louise, great work on the seamstress. Very clever these people and can save you a fortune. You sound your old bouncy self now. Still not been to gym. Really need to get on with it!

Angela good to have you back, the French experience all sounds a bit unavoidable. A blip. It will soon be a distant memory.

Hope those under the weather pick up soon.

Newbies, Clare, Littlebean, Pasha (sorry if I’ve missed someone) you all look to be doing well. We all have our ups and downs but the general trajectory is downs.

Sorry if I have missed anything vital, have an early start and need to do the hair drying marathon. Sigh.

Have a good day everyone xx

Morning all
    I’m doing my 4th FD this week and feel great love the lighter feeling I’m getting clothes starting to get loser not craving any thing at the moment.

Son gone off to work in a heated coat and talked to his car to defrost and turn on heated seats. What ever next!

Taking rudi for a walk today in his Pram looking forward to that as it’s nice cold morning.
    Making Welsh cakes for tonight’s party.
    Lynda xx

Morning Sarah and Lynda,

Just sitting eating brekkie before I go on an early food shop then to the gym πŸ’ͺ🏻. Need to buy new pants coz if it wasn’t for my trousers they would truly fall down to my ankles lol πŸ˜‚.

Sarah, I missed the clean living programme watched instead. Will watch it on catch up sounds very interesting. Good luck with your fasting today πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Hi lynda, 4th fast day u r fab. That lighter feeling does put a spring in your step and looser clothes. I bet u r chuffed. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Morning Everyone. Have a lovely day. Speak later

Love Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ§€πŸ΄πŸ΄πŸŸπŸŸxxx

Morning all from a very frosty Scotland

Just a quick one before work

2lbs loss this week,it so should of been the other way, imagine what damage I could do if I behaved on nfd’s.

Right better go turn the car on , it’s going to take ages to defrost.

Xxx

Morning all

Fast day for us today, busy emptying dining room, have got lots of cut glass that needs to be moved somewhere safe!!! Trouble is I am running out of safe places…

Beginning to think I should have organised the kitchen fitting for summer then I could have gone to the caravan…. ah well off I go will try to check in later, we are on a fast day today going to cook some unsmoked river cobbler in tomato sauce will let you know how it turns out…

Audrey x

Morning all

Just starting my 2nd fast day and so far feeling positive, but then I have only been up for 2 hours.

Today is going to be an interesting challenge as I’m planning to go food shopping and never done this on an FD. Plan is to stick to the list, but time will tell.

Lynda, the mention of Welsh Cakes has got me craving them. I haven’t made them for years but my local Asda sell them and they’re pretty good, but not as good as still warm from a griddle.

Perhaps today is going to be more difficult than I thought.

Lynda, enjoy your day. What a cute name your Grandson has.

Louise, LOL you need to treat yourself to some new underwear.

Tammy, all good though. You are so making inroads into it. NFDS are really tough. Really well done.

Audrey, it will all be worth it. I am very sad but I can’t imagine many more exciting things than a new kitchen.

It may not look like it but i am actually working…..will be so pleased to not be sometime soon….xx

Sorry Pasha, meant to say stick with it and get those WCs out of your mind or tell youself firmly you can have one tomorrow. That is the great thing about this WOL you can always have what you are craving (not necessarily how much) the next day. Hang in there through the minefield of food shopping x

Viewing 50 posts - 9,201 through 9,250 (of 35,402 total)

You must be logged in to reply.