Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 19 hours, 27 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,001 through 9,050 (of 35,400 total)

• Carol, hope you do sleep tonight. keep holding on to your plan. Confidence is your key to the future x

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Another cold one today … a good wrapping up over those fields I reckon. Lol

We are all doing so well with the pebbles. Yay.

Kay at least finishing work .. that will be one less thing to think about. So glad your feeling better. Xx

Lousie … blimey you are a very determined pair. Hubby going great guns too. Well done both. Xx

Sym … hope you enjoyed your M&Ms and wine. A nice glass of Merlot tonight for me. Xx

Gotto … glad you are enjoying this way of life. Yes, stomach definitely
    cant consume the amount it once did. Keep going. Xx

Sarah …lovely when the weight loss gets noticed. Puts a spring in your step. Lol Yes, always another day with housework. It doesn’t go anywhere. Lol Xx

Carol … All to look forward to with your plan. It is hard to get confidence back .. but can be done. You are always thinking and helping others try to little by little focus on Carol. Treat her like your best friend.

Getting the weight sorted will be a big help … All to gain Carol … past is the past . ( I hope I am listening to myself). Lol Xx

Hope everyone else enjoys the day. Xx

Brit Lovelies… Be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete… Lets go for it altogether. Xx

Morning All..

Lovely morning here…..

Oh I do feel unwell after my two glasses of Merlot and 82gr of M ans M’s….I really think it’s the sugar hit my body just can’t take it……Steve thinks it’s the choc’s not the wine…😬..I hope so…

Going off to Manchester today to see Steve’s daughter…a TV to go on the bedroom wall….feel a bit like tennis with all the children’s jobs at the moment…lol

Carol and Hemmy….it’s surprising how many people have sad relationships and put up with them….it is a wasted part of your life but we do it for lots of reasons….I think the children really well it was for me…

Louise…not so much feed back on maintenance I am surprised thought they were a cheery bunch 😟

Carol…hope you got to sleep last night..

Hope everyone else is OK the page turned over can’t catch you all ..sorry

A long day for us catching three lots of people, back tonight..

Have a good weekend all….

Jean x

Wooohoooo. Weighed again this morning. Please can we take this as it’s 3lbs loss this week.
    I now weigh the same as my husband (11.5 stone) and I’m half a stone lighter than I was 2 weeks ago.
    Whatever we record for my pebbles I don’t mind, I’m just really happy! 😆😆😆😆😆

Morning everyone.
    I had an awful nights sleep, feel like death at the moment. On the plus side my daily weigh in is telling me I’ve lost 7 lbs this week so far and weekly weigh not till Tuesday. Hold back on the pebbles as I’ve 3 more days to go with 2 NFD and 1 FD to go before then.
    I do think the daily weighing does help with monitoring yourself. Also kept the carbs low and that helps lots.
    Jean
    I find that wine now makes me feel unwell. Do they know why.

Have a good day all. 😁😁😁

Wow some good loses again this morning congratulations from me.

Ian is back in work tonight he us almost fully fit but doesn’t get paid if he doesn’t go in so needs must.

Have already been to tesco, found some smoked river cobbler reduced so have put 8 pieces in freezer for £7… bargain…it’s a lovely fish and really good on a fast day.

Got up rush off again sorry, will post again later..

Have a good weekend everyone

Audrey

Wow Gotto… FABULOUS. Well done you … not an easy feat while being away also. Enjoy the day. Xx

Sym … busy .. busy. Have a good day .. I also feel a bit grotty when I have wine now. Thinking of G&T with lots of low cal tonic. Maybe the red wine too heavy now we have cut in down so much. Xx

Carol … 7lbs so far this week … Yay Yay Yay. So thrilled for you. Xx Do you think cutting down on carbs did it. Try to hang on to that loss … this sugar thing really makes you think. Sooo much in carbs. Try to take it easy today. Lazy day here after my walk. Xx

Aud… Glad Ian is feeling better and able to work. Now don’t go going mad with that steamer or such like. Lolol Soon be spring and you need a good back for the caravan. Xx

Off now walking … then picking up Mum a day early … collecting a portion of fish n chips to share from a local shop that’s just won an award and they are YUMMY> Xx

Morning all

Carol! Well done! 7lbs!!! You must be absolutely delighted with that. Sorry you don’t feel wll but so happy for you that you have lost so well. You could do with that boost. This is a new start now!

Angela, briliant. Really great loss. You have really got into this well. There is something psychologically nice about weighing less than your OH. I am not there yet, as my OH is only slighter taller than me and slim.

Hemmy, how nice you’ve already had a walk amd looking forward to award winning fish and chips. How absolutely yummy!

Jean, you are going to need that holiday to Florida. Helping children never seems to end. Not that we would want it to. But you seem to have had your fair share for a while. Hopefully your tum settles soon. Surely it is not wine. A disaster in my book!! I had a look too and was disappointed too re no tips for Louise after her clearly asking for help, hopefully, they will come. I know that her home is this thread but I hoped for a few tips from long term maintainers. It sounds like a nice problem to have but it is actually not and we are all going to have to deal with it at some stage.

Audrey, you sound very busy, never heard of river cobbler, will take a look at that. I love smoked fish.

Kay good luck with what must be a very busy weekend.

I feel very strongly we will all succeed AND maintain on this thread because of oir support for each other. Personally I can’t imagine being able to cope without you all. X

Morning all

Feeling okish today…….NFD for me weigh in tomorrow resisted not weighing till tomorrow as I tend to go up and down all week.

No plans for today just gonna hang some photos of the grandchildren I’ve now put into frames.

Lynda x

Jean, Louise, do you know what maintenance must be trial and error for each individual. The important thing must be staying on it. When I’ve lost a bit of weight before I have just quickly got complacent and put it back on. The key must be simply monitoring it as closely as you do for losing and then adjust eating/fasting on a weekly/daily basis. As Minols said we know how to ‘fast without fear’ (LOVE that) to rectify any gain. With that and this thread we are bullet proof! x

Morning all, had to give in on the baileys last night ended up feeling really sick, think it is the cream. Has had me running this morning as well. Oh the joys. Lol

Carol totally fantastic 7lbs, fingers crossed for your Tuesday weigh in.

Hi to all, have to rush away shopping with mother,
    xxx

I had to share with you that sister was weighed at slimming world today amd has lost 10lbs!!! Can’t believe it. She does have a LOT of weight to lose. Obviously this will be water weight mainly but it is a fantastic boost. What she has done since Monday (!!!) is two days not eating but drinking tea, coffee with milk, water. The other days ate til she was satisfied on protein, veggies, fat, no bread potatoes rice pasta etc. Not counted calories. Lunch and dinner only. So pleased.

Angela, Ive adjusted your pebbles to 5.5 well done!

And well done Carol – -wow 7lbs – keep that thought of Pickwick in your head and grow that confidence, woohoo!!

Jar has 53.5 pebbles in it!!!!!!!

Doing a few outside jobs etc before the rain comes in, must dash!!

Well, OH has told me to stop talking about my diet and weight loss. He’s svery grumpy bunny this morning which isn’t unsual but he has a golf captains dinner next week and has tried his dinner suit on. Low and behold it doesn’t go anywhere near him. This was after I let it all out last year. With the 44 inch waist trousers he had to buy, he’s not happy. To make it even worse, I bought a couple of quirky Joe Brown tops in a smaller size and they arrived this morning. He looked at them and said ” they won’t fit you” well they do, a wonderful moment 😁. Although it did giveme pleasure, I feel guilty in feeling like that. I do want him to lose some weight and get fitter. He’s already pre diabetic. He’s stubborn, his mother was the same. She died of complications from diabetes at 61. She said the doctor didn’t know anything and carried on eating anything she wanted, regardless.

Audrey
    Never heard of river cobbler. I love smoked mackerel but it’s to high in Cal’s. Will have a look at it.
    Vik
    I hope your feeling better now. Not heard from you in a while. Hope all well with you.

Cleaning up to do. I hate it but it’s calories burned. Have a good day all.
    X Carol.

Hi all

Quick post

River cobbler is from Vietnam it is a very lean fish I get it from the fish monger in tesco it has no bones, not greasy like mackerel and a more delicate taste than haddock…it is also a lot cheaper than smoked haddock an added bonus… with the reductions in got 8 pieces of fish for £7… it usually come in at just over a pound each…

Just had an Actifry lunch.. bacon, sausage, diced potatoes, mushrooms and a poached egg.. very full now…

Carol, just keep going forwards, we will support you, he really sounds a horrible man!

Back later

Audrey x

Cafol, how negative of him. You enjoy those tops and don’t feel guilty. The best thing you can do for him is continue to show him a good example. You can’t force him. He has to realise it for himself x

Crikey, you girls know how to chat lol 😂

Decided to have a wardrobe clear out. It feels so good. 1 bin bag of clothes and 2 of shoes. U have very wide feet and I buy shoes that seem comfy when I try them in the shop then kill me when I wear them. They are all going.
    Another piece of crustless quiche with some homemade tomato soup 150 cals. Lovely.
    Back to the wardrobe.

Carol, that’s not very nice of him but don’t feel guilty. You are working hard to lose weight and making sacrifices and so you deserve to enjoy the positive feeling of getting into new smaller clothes.

Audrey, that lunch sounds lovely. We went to our local bistro for a late breakfast, I did have the slimmers breakfast with poached egg and lower cal sausages. Delicious and just what I needed after the wine last night.

I noticed a few of you commenting about wine making you not feel well. The slimmer you are the less alcohol we can tolerate and we get drunk more quickly. Also, if we’re not eating much the day of drinking or the day after there’s nothing in our tummys to settle the stomach acids after alcohol. For me, I will avoid it now on FD’s or the day after.

Sarah, my hubby is 5ft 10 and really slim at only 11st 7lbs. He has one of those natural metabolisms which means he doesn’t put weight on and sometimes he can struggle to understand how I do but he’said supporting me with this diet. With me being so short I don’t carry weight well so to reach his weight again today really boosted me

Hubby’s off to footy now so I’m going to curl up on the sofa with the cat and catch up on some missed sleep from this week. Have a good day everyone. Xx

Lol Cookie … that did make me laugh out loud. We could chat for Britain I reckon. Lolol

Carol … Whoop whoop … those tops sound nice. Bet it is really getting too your hubby … you losing him gaining. Keep it going. Xx

Yes… seems like the alcohol problem seems to be affecting most of us. I suppose it does stand to reason with less food it will cause havoc.

Also notice chocolate seems to go straight through me now. Could eat loads in on sitting at one time.

Fish n chips were lovely… had to wait for them so all nice and fresh. Feel full now and only shared a portion . Big portion though for one person. Lol

Very cold and wet here. Xx

Hi everyone, hope you don’t mind me joining in I’ve been lurking the last few days!

I’m 37 and a single mum with 1 son and I’m about 2 stone overweight. I’ve lost really well with weightwatchers and slimming world before but put it all back on multiple times,I’m hoping that this time I’m focused enough to continue.

Currently on day 6 and have done 2 fds without hiccup, planning a couple of glasses of wine tonight and pudding, then a good day tomorrow with some exercise thrown in!

Lovely to ‘meet’ you all

Clare

Hi Clare and Welcome.

This is a lovely supportive group so you’ve come to the right place. We’re a mix of people and ages, I’m 36.
    Everyone here has a different goal and no matter yours (I’d like to lose 2stone also) we are here.

Well done on a good week so far. When will you officially weigh in for the end of the week?

Angela. X

Hemmy, Cookies, yes we can LOL. Cookies, you are probably wondering what on earth you’ve let yourself in for!

Clare, you sound like you have made a good start. We have named this month Jump Start January and every pound we lose contributes to pebbles on our beach, (long story) so great to have you contributing.

Carol, you sound good, like you are making a new start…..

Angela, am having a lazy day too, bit of a dog walk and training session with dog who hasn’t been as good as she might have been recently…only just broke my fast. Unfortunately it was with some of the leftover rye bread from last night. Not out tonight so mushroom omelettes and NO carbs tonight and no wine (sob).

Afternoon all

Welcome clare

Had a lovely lunch with mum, quiche and scone. And hubby cooking tonight macaroni cheese and garlic bread, guess who is fasting tomorrow.

Everyone sounds busy busy

Carol don’t let hubby get you down, he is jealous, you keep at it.

Tammy xxx

Welcome Clare you have come to the right place happy chatty guys and gals who will help with all you need to know.

Just got up from a nanny nap feeling much better. For lunch I had 2 heck sausage and egg and toast full up after that so fancies some fruit which is defrosting with low fat Greek yogurt for tea.

Lynda x

Welcome claret to our group

Lots of us on here have tried the slimming clubs and failed… no happy clapping on here just lots of support and encouragement…hehe

Keep in touch shout if you need us

Together we are stronger

Audrey x

Thank you for being so welcoming! Weigh in again Monday morning officially but I do tend to weight myself most days to to check in which I know is bad.

Look forward to joining you x

Hi F B Brits. Xx

Welcome Clare… this way of life is so much easier than slimming clubs. As Aud says no happy clappy here. Lol

I weigh every day … keeps me on my toes each day. Whatever suits you. It all should be simple . easy to manage and enjoy. Enjoying that feeling that you can control to 500 cals for 2 days… more or less whatever suits.

The name of this game is being happy with it and not having to watch every mouthful every day. Welcome Clare we are all behind you here. PS … What ever probs you may have with food .. drink … life … we have probably been there between us all. Xx

Welcome Claire

There’s a good supportive group of people here. You sound like your off to a good start. I have my weekly weigh in Tuesday but I’ve started weighing every day to keep a check on my eating. I stated after seeing a dietician say she thought it was a good idea to monitor your eating. I agree, has certainly affected mine.

A small bowl of chilli for dinner tonight. Kept it light today as we always have a big family dinner on a sunday. I avoid wine now, makes me feel horrible.
    X

Evening All…what a busy site today…

Busy day for us but caught everybody, a visit to our best man, Steve’s friend, it’s about a year since we saw him, he gave me lots of compliments, saying how tall and slim and I looked great…my head growing by the minute..😁😁 also to Steve as well.

Very pleased with Steve..his sister asking if he wanted anything with his tea..he said we don’t eat between meals we have just had breakfast..😀..I couldn’t believe my ears….lol

Angela…well done 3 lbs off and away on business..that’s good going…😁

Carol…what have you been doing to get 7 lbs off amazing and a few days left to weigh in….what a cracking start to the new year..😀😇😀😇 your new tops what fit great…bag of clothes to go to charity…I can see a new you developing….look after yourself as your new friend, I love Hemmys sayings…💕 Have a lovely Sunday meal..

Hemmy…I have been queasy all day, a rebelling tum…I am ok on one wine with food….or a piece of cake but that’s it…good really..😀.. I love fish and chips, glad yours went well…

Sarah….I agree with you…we are all very strong together..a few blips in the group before Christmas all marching forward now 🤞🤞…sister 10 lb off well done really pleased for her..

Lynda…hope the pictures are up and look good…

Tammy…glad you had a good shopping day with Mum…special times make the most of it……..quiche one of my favourites…ummm

Clare…welcome to our corner…as you see a chatty lot today, I go out for 7 hours come back to 30 odd e mails..lots of help and support if needed..

Audrey..hope you got all your jobs done and enjoyed your river cobbler…not quite haddock and chips…lol….you know me…..and Hemmy…..lol

Louise….no feed back on maintanence a bit disappointing…we will work it through between us all…hope alls going well today…

Vi…are you still popping by, hope you are feeling better..

Graham…keep popping by we want to keep you on track…even a hello too many posts to review on….lol

Kay..
    Hope you are getting it all together…are you moving this Tuesday?? Hope you are feeling better now…

Hope I have caught everybody, I feel as if I have missed a few..sorry if I have….lots of posts..

Have a good weekend

Jean x

Hi Carol … chilli sounds nice haven’t had any for ages. Mmmm. After fish n chips… a cheese and pickle sandwich tonight went down well … plus a glass or too of red. see how I feel tomoz. lolol .

Big Sunday dinner for us too. Best meal of the week. Xx

Sym… busy day for you … sounds like a lot accomplished. Lovely to receive the compliments… cloud nine and all that lol. Makes you feel sooo good.

Wow didn’t Steve do well. Bet that 4lbs off worked wonders. keep him on the straight and narrow. Lol

Enjoy your evening. Xx

Vi and Graham you ok. We are thinking of you. Xx

Hope everyone is enjoying the evening. Xx

Hi Hemmy

Just sat quietly at long last. Ian gone work. I have unfortunately hit the fridge in a big way tonight. So am now upstairs in bed out of temptations way.It’s 3 years today since my dad died and no one has mentioned it… Am I supposed to forget…

Hope you have a good weekend with mum.. enjoy your Sunday roast. .

Sorry for feeling sorry for myself just needed a good old moan..

Aud x

Hemmy..
    We are having roast beef tomorrow before the big push of the week ahead…always nice

Audrey…
    I am sure some of the family remembers…go to bed with your thoughts..💕💕..hugs x

Jean x

Hi Aud,
    Don’t beat yourself up for hitting the fridge. I’ve never lost a parent and can only imagine how you feel today. Look after yourself. Xx

Oh Aud… your feelings are so very understandable. Your lovely Dad and I bet you were his girl. Xxxx

Don’t for one minute give the fridge a thought. Just think of all those fantastic days you have done B to B … liquid … today is what it is Aud let it be and have a good sleep. All these B days are just a blip in the ocean … we can all do this together …. said by our Dearest friend Aud. Xx

Sleep tight don’t let the bed bugs bite. Xxxx

Thanks girls, I don’t feel alone any more…

I have had a good old cry and am now going to watch some tv then have early night.

I have got the sugar free farm to watch… may take my mind off things..

Night all back tomorrow

Best support ever on here ❤❤ much appreciated. .

Aud

Sym … I am doing roast beef also tomorrow. Nothing like that smell. Yorkshires and roasties. Yummy. Xx

Nite nite Aud see you tomorrow. Xxxx

Definitely the full lot….really looking forward to it……will be missing lunch..hopefully…lol

Night night
    Xx

Aww now I want roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. ..

Shame we are not closer in distance its too far for just lunch!!

Aud xx

Xx

Xx

Audrey
    It’s good to feel sad on an anniversary of your dad passing. It just shows how much you care. I’m the same when it’s my dad’s. He died in South Africa and I couldn’t get to his funeral so I feel bad for that. I miss him so much.

Roast Lamb and turkey for us tomorrow. I have to do both as there are fussy eaters in my family. I feel like a restaurant sometimes.
    Off to bed.
    X

Aw Audrey hope you feeling better. I’m sure other family members feel something too but may not be saying. xx

I lost my dad when I was 2 and a half and so obviously dont remember him, but my older brother and sister do. I’m now 51 and although my sister says it’s easier for me because I won’t remember anything, I feel sad in a different way because I don’t have any memories.

My mum brought the 3 of us up on her own and never remarried or even looked for anyone else. She turned 86 in December and still lives on her own independently although quite fragile. She has come through a major heart attack and breast cancer over the recent years but has an Ipad and mobile phone and is on Facebook, which she loves because she gets to talk to her children and grand children and keeps up to date with what’s going on.

I live about a 5 hours drive away so don’t get to see her as often as I’d like. I worry about anything happening and needing to get up there, although my brother is very close by and my sister is in between him and me.

I’m not sure why I shared that…obviously triggered from Audrey’s post and feeling nostalgic about the past.

Thanks for listening xx

HI all – just crept down to review some work for tomorrow/today…missed you by 45 mins, Kay. And missed so much today!

Some amazing weight losses – well done, everyone. I’ve been sneak peeking at the scales all week and what started really well will probably be maintaining when I weigh in later (hoping to go back to bed in a little while, and get up normally in a few hours) Too much chocolate has snuck in to the last 48 hours, and quite a lot of carbs on NFDs (can’t resist toast and honey!). I’m thinking I might try an AFD week this week, just to kick start things again, and switch my toast for fullfat yogurt on NFDs. So, when I get up, this morning, it will be FD number 1.

Been moved by memories of fathers – was thinking about mine today, by coincidence, and did a quick mental check about when the 3rd anniversary will be. Told myself that, knowing me, I probably wouldn’t remember the actual day, but waves of memory like today’s don’t know the calendar!

Right – enough reading posts…came downstairs to work, so I’d better get to it. Will do a quick update when I’ve done my official weigh-in.

Mx

Morning all

Audrey, hope you will feel less raw about it today. It comes over in waves, sometimes unexpectedly, doesn’t it and anniversaries are particularly hard.

Kay, your sister is completely missing the point! She has memories and a sense of who he was, your grief is not anchored in that way. When my dad died late in 2013, I remember speaking to two people who had lost their fathers around the age of 20 and one whose dad had died while they were a baby. It made me realise how lucky to have mine to my early 50s. Your mum sounds incredible!

I have both my grandsons this morning, making cookies again and just playing while OH helps daughter and SIL to collect bunk beds they are having from a friend and reorganise the boys’ bedrooms. They will all come here for roast lamb before taking the boys swimming.

Ate carbs again yesterday!! Will try hard to avoid roast potatoes today. Have a good day everyone x

Thanks for all your lovely posts, isn’t it funny we talk more on here about private thoughts than we do to our families..

Kay, I was very lucky to have a dad who was very much involved in my life it must be awful to not remember your dad, I have so many happy memories and every Christmas I think of him skipping down the kitchen singing slade merry Xmas everybody at the top of his voice and smile…my dad played out with us when we were children, and even when we had grown up the children on the street would still call to see if terry was playing out today!!

I still have my mum and as you are all aware she keeps me know my toes… lolo

So back to diets…. I am fasting today as last night I raided the fridge and today feel awful… is anyone else fasting?

Thanks again my friends for all your support

Audrey ❤❤

Morning all

Well weigh in for me and very pleased with my loss of 3lb totalling to 9.7lb to JSJ.

We’re having beef today and all the trimmings but mine is going to be on a smaller plate think this has helped me with cutting down on my food intake and of course portion size.

Have a good day

Lynda x

Lynda,

Wow well done that is a fantastic loss..almost 10lbs… you are really back on board…congratulations ❤❤

Good idea on smaller plate

Audrey x

Hi all – promised I’d pop back and report…nothing lost, but nothing gained, either. As you know, it usually takes me a couple of goes to completely shift each wretched pound, so I’ll sigh and hope for better next Sunday.

Meanwhile – I’m with you, Audrey…a fast day for me, to try and make the most of a day full of distractions. Off to try and get my head in a better place for Sunday worship – not sure it should be considered simply a ‘distraction’ from fasting! Hey ho!! I’ll leave instructions for someone to let you know if I get stuck by lightening!

KAPOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (too late!)

Viewing 50 posts - 9,001 through 9,050 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.