Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,951 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 10 hours, 48 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,951 through 9,000 (of 35,438 total)

• Louise – thanks for being so honest about how you’re feeling. It’s so useful for the rest of us to learn that this incredible goal that we’re all dreaming of, once reached, will take a bit of getting our head round! As I read your post I kept thinking of those war time posters (no, I didn’t see them first hand…I saw them on aprons and coasters like everyone else!) –
    KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON!
    I’m thinking that you may put on a little weight as you build muscle, because muscle is heavier than fat – but you can keep an eye on that with those scales they sometimes use at the gym (from memory!) that measure fat percentage as well as weight? (Don’t ask me how – I think it’s witch-craft!) You’re still really in control with your food, you’re just trying to slow the train down (Oh, here comes another metaphor). I think Sarah is right about the trigger weight. Take confidence from the fact that you know how to fast without fear – that’s a huge advantage over others, and perhaps over other times of yo-yo weight gain. If a couple of pounds creep on, then you do a couple of FDs for a couple of weeks. You will prove to yourself that you are still in control of this, and that you don’t need to live in fear. You will be alright!

Carol – interested in your crustless quiche. So does this mean it has no pastry at all? And I’ve never used feta cheese before, but parmesan seems to be a really good way of kick-starting the flavour of other cheeses. Any chance of recipe/instructions!

Up early to try and get caught up today. Feel a bit out of touch with what food is in the house (not a lot as far as I can see!) and not sure what to pick up for tea. Ah, now, the snow has given me a wee notion for something wintry like sausage casserole with a good slug of tabasco perhaps instead of Worcestershire sauce!

Hope weigh ins are wonderful for those who record on Fridays.

Mx

Morning all

Minols, that is such a good phrase: fasting without fear. I think that is exactly right. We know what we are doing now, we understand it so much better. Louise, if you did ever put on couple of pounds (of fat rather muscle,) as you will inevitably do from time to time, you will know how to deal with it.

Carol you sound good and positive and that crustless quiche sounds lovely. Time was when anything with pastry would have made me a happy girl. Less so now….

Well done Audrey on that 1.5.

Jean, Might you wait and buy a couple of tops in Florida when you get there? Might be something a bit different.

Sister successfully completed second fast without problems. She says she feels good and in control but she has been yoyoing dramatically her whole life, it will take a long time for her to have confidence about the WOL aspect.

Fingers crossed for anyone else weighing or fasting today.

Morning guys and gals

Carol
    I think I’m a binge eater as I can’t stop when I start until it’s all gone last night ate a hole selection box 625 cals I bought because had been reduce 75p barging for the grandkids need to rid of asap, I’m fasting today too

Sarah
    Glad all ok with your eyes I google all the time on health issues it does make you worry for no reason after Google I usually phone my mum for the right answer lol

Louise
    Some people have never had a issue with eating this is why we are all here maybe try to stick to your recommend TDEE for a few weeks to see how that works out for you all the best on your new WOL X

Lynda x

Morning all, just a quick one before work.

No snow, just wind

Audrey well done, especially after being ill.

Lynda you made me laugh about phoning mum for the right answer, like we all haven’t done that. Lol

Well I am doing a huge happy dance, wasn’t feeling like I had lost much and I refuse to weigh daily, I couldn’t stand the up’s and don’t, but have lost 5lbs, which is all my Christmas weight and more and also drops me into the next stone, haven’t been there for a while.😊

Good luck to everyone else weighing in and to the faster.

Tammy xxx

Tammy,
    A big WELL DONE ON YOUR 5lbs loss this week β­οΈπŸ‘πŸ»

Lynda x

Good morning F B Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Ohhh a big well done to Aud and Tammy … great losses. So encouraging to everyone. Xx

Carol … I am fasting today .. think Aud is too. A very cold day for it… will be wanting a hot Oxo after walking this morning. Keep in touch Xx

Min .. that sausage casserole sounds the way to go. Yummy can just taste it. Lol Xx

Sarah … so pleased your sister is doing well. Lovely for you both to be able to exchange recipes etc . Xx

Lynda.. OMG that so reminds of the times I have eaten Christmas stockings … Easter eggs. Lol All part of why we came here. Enjoy your day. Xx

Graham … how are you doing. Xx

Louise .. you will get it sorted… you are one very gutsy lady as we have all seen and are proud of. Xx

Hope everyone manages to keep warm and cosy in this extreme weather.

Lets all have an Audrey dance together. Lol

Brit lovelies …β€œLets all Just get it right, β€œit is not too late to dream”. We can do it now! This very moment, Right now all together! Let’s begin!” Xx

Tammy, Fab, fab, fab!!! Go Girl!

Lynda LOL mums do know everything.

Kay, hope everything ok with packing and you’re feeling a bit better.

Have a good day cyber buddies.

Just a quick post as Im getting ready to go to work, my last day. Luckily I feel a bit more human so should cope with it.

Ive read all the posts but cant reply atm….

Well done Sarah on your 3lbs, Audrey on your 1.5 and Tammy on your 5lbs πŸ™‚
    Ive also lost 3lbs which is ok but could have been more if I had done another FD.

I will add those to the jar and do a count up later when any others have added their weigh ins.

Sarah….glad your eye is something easy to sort out and Louise….I would lay off the fasting altogether for a week or so and just eat nice and healthy with some extra proteins.

Catch you all later x

Morning All,

Snow this morning but now melting…off to have my hair cut soon…

6 stones for the jar for us…Steve 4lbs and 2lbs for me…I didn’t expect it I am pleased…really pleased for Steve he has been very slow pre Christmas…😁😁

Well done on the losers some great weight moved…beach growing…

Minols…I do tuna with onion fatless quiche with a sprinkle of parsley for colour on the top…that’s nice, hot or cold…just grease the dish before the mixture goes in…

Kay..good luck on your last day it will be a bit sad..☹️

Sorry have to dash will catch rest of posts later…need to pick up tablets before hair….sorry…

Jean x

Re grouping again….

Audrey..well done on your 1 1/2 pounds off..good luck on your FD..

Carol..
    Good luck on your FD..I love the fatless quiche..nice for a nibble out of the fridge NFD only….

Sarah..might look for tops in Florida but now they are quite expensive pound to dollar, I hate shopping….I like to be organised really…see how I go…well done on your 3 lbs off big number..πŸ˜€

Good your sister is sticking to it πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Lynda…what was you doing 625 cals..😟😟 we all do it there’s some in my back bedroom I was itching for chocolate the other day but I didn’t!!

Tammy …a lot of weight moved 5 bs a good lot well done πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ and into the next number…

Hemmy ….have a good FD today…safe walking out enjoy your oxo..must remember that I keep forgetting oxo…lol

Vi…hope you are OK and not too much snow..

Cookie, Graham, any one I have forgotten keep strong.. a good bunch now easy to miss one πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Louise I haven’t forgotten you, I have to dash and I am thinking things over on you..😁..you will be fine..

Back a bit later

Jean x

Audrey
    Sorry must have missed your post well done lovely on your loss x
    Sarah
    Oops another one I missed well done to you too x
    Lynda x
    Jean and Steve
    Well done to you too πŸ‘β­οΈ

Hope I haven’t missed anyone else
    Lynda x

Sarah57…..yes, very hard on myself, but my profile describes me perfectly…I’ve battled with depression for a long long time and I know it’s down to my weight BUT even though I’m only 5 days in I am very much confident that finally I’ve found a diet that will just become the norm and deliver what I’ve wanted for over 20 years.

Some advice people if I may……is there anything in weighing yourself in the evening or the morning?

Thanks always for everyone’s support, I’m not as chatty as the ladies but still love to read the messages, it’s really helping me……

I’ve even started listening to 5:2 podcasts which are also helping…obsession,no,but close lol πŸ˜€

Cookie

I always weigh first thing in the morning when I’m all empty of food but this is my opinion but if you choose to weigh in the evening stick to this as you will be up and down not knowing what your weight is suppose to be.

Lynda

Cookie…I always weigh after my second FD straight out of bed, after toilet, naked..( frightening!) first thing in the morning..I usually weigh twice to make sure it’s right…lol

Just keep popping by and get encouragement I think it helps a lot, posting or not it’s up to you….if you post you will get to know us all better, we were all new at some time…

You are doing well it gets easier..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Jean x

Louise..

We had a chat about BMI before Christmas you decided on 22, I decided on 23 but I may change it to 22 after our chat…right in the middle not too thin and not too fat. Bang on healthy!

It’s lovely to be in the healthy range and it is hard work to stay there….you have done brilliant to get yourself healthy and no tablets for diabetes. You are a star and you motivate everybody, we know it’s achievable because you have got there.

I think it would be a good idea to slow the loss by upping your food which I know you are doing and maybe less excerise and slowly to aim to go back to 22 BMI.

The excerise has helped a lot to get you to were you are but doing a gym class and two other classes some days is not really normal…maybe one or the other, 4 times a week to keep you keep toned. You could always do more if the weight creeps on.

Keeping on here is a must…last time I got to my goal, I stopped the forum and it all returned..it’s a very hard road….but lovely πŸ˜€..You are there what a fantastic achievement 😁😁😁

Good luck on the start of your next journey

Love Jean x

I’m with Jean (!) – straight out of bed, quick wee, jump on the scales naked for best results. But I always do mine at the start of a FD to help motivate me during the day!

So much weight lost this week – well done everybody. I’ve just had a really yummy tub of salad I ‘made’ this morning to bring to the office. When I cooked OH’s breakfast (sounds old fashioned, but it works for us!), I added some extra bacon, chopped those up to add later warmed over, chopped up some scrapings of my 3 favourite cheeses, got a weeny tub of Caesar dressing. Put it all together and shake the box about a bit and hey presto – fabby salad. Something I would never in a million years have gone near in my youth. All of a sudden, I’ve found a purpose for lettuce…getting salad dressing into my mouth without having to swig it in an uncouth way straight from the bottle!

Hope NFDers are loving their food today…and fasters remember – it’s not long until tomorrow!

Mx

Afternoon all

Well done everyone on their loss, think we will have a bigger beach than in November.

I have just had the most lush tuna, mayo and cheese roll, fasting does make you appreciate your food when you get it (probably 4lbs on right there lol)

And who mentioned sausage casserole, guess what I am making for tea 😊

Have also realised that I only have 5lbs to go for the 2 stone mark, fingers crossed.

Also just had one of my old ladies saying she has noticed I have lost weight, she might just be being nice, but I will take it.

No more snow, will speak later

Xxx

Hi all

Quick post I am not missing just very busy…. will be back tomorrow..fast day girl for me today..

Audrey x

Audrey..

We are missing you but know you are busy..watch your back take it steady……have a good FD…

Jean x

Well done, Jean, Steve and Kay, good losses all. We are making a great start to JSJ!

Angela, hope you are back from Zurich and doing well.

Jean, yes forgot about nasty exchange rate. I agree on shopping. Nightmare. Better though when you are nice and slim like you!

Cookies, my weighing routine exactly the same as Jean’s. Post wee and pre tea. Have you done your tracker on this site? I find it very motivating. Glad you feel in control. I did very quickly after I started in September but that old sceptism of not being able to stick with it kept messing with my head. But here I am still feeling in control and now convinced I can do this or a variation thereof for the rest of my life. Stick with it and us. It is nice to feel there are others holding your hand.

Thinking of you fasters. Tomorrow you can eat!

Just laughing to myself about three ladies of a certain age weighing in such a similar way. Cookies, tmi tmi, poor you, I really hope you can get that image out of your head.

Minols, salad dressing….too funny.

Well done Sym .. Steve.. and Kay brilliant losses today. Xx

Weighing for me is every morning straight after the loo. Lol Best to just find a suitable time and stick to it.

Carol and Aud ( know your Busy) … how are your FDs going. Anyone else?

Just had some soup and more later . Busy cleaning wooden blinds today… hate the job but they really were looking grubby. Lol

Enjoy your day Brit Lovelies. Xx

Hi Guys..

Just busy finishing hemming up my long French door curtains, sat on my caravan stool…lol…a coffee break..a bit more to do.

Hemmy..you are busy too, I used to have blinds they do get dusty mine wasn’t wood, the bendy sort…I had to have hot soapy water…sometimes I put them in the bath! Take it steady…

Sarah…we are all getting stronger I think it’s the support on here…😁😁🀞

A recipe, a change,
    I have started to make….2 dessert apples sliced up and then cut in threes, a tin of peaches drained and patted dry on kitchen roll cut into halves, 3 or 4 sticks of celery cut into small pieces, low fat mayo added…keeps in the fridge in tuppaware box 4 or 5 days. So yummy…

I have added it up and a good portion about 50 calories….it really hits my spot..instead of general salad.πŸ˜€

Back to my sewing πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Jean x

Is it just me or do others do this?

I have spent my entire day thinking about how much I have lost, how much I want to lose,when I want to lose it by, when will my next fast day, will that be suitable, do I have anything on that day, would i need to change it, will it just be one or two or maybe three fast days, what will I eat. Oh my god will I be able to keep this up, yes I will, but it will take ages, but it’s working, I have never succeeded before, what will I eat for tea. Will I have that biscuit!!!!, and on and on and on, I drive myself daft.

Tammy…

No I don’t do it but we have been doing it longer……I may ask today what shall we have for dinner tomorrow…one day at a time….it will come off because it does…it is a way of life…no worries….

Steve just said do you want anything with our coffee ( a biscuit, Christmas cake and our day off) I said no I think I will have a wine tonight..πŸ˜€

Jean x

Enjoy your wine Jean, Steve deserves one as well, I will probably have a vody, although now I have eaten today My pretzels may last a lot longer lol.

Jean you sound busy busy
    Hemmy you also, I hate washing blinds.

I too weigh in the morning after a wee, but (don’t laugh), with socks, knickers, and bra on, because the first time I forgot i was to weigh myself and started dressing, so just stuck to that.

Sausage casserole looking good, shall enjoy my tea tonight.

Hi All,

I arrived back safely thanks and had a rude awakening to snow blasting me as I stepped off the plane. How rude they didn’t put the skywalk on! πŸ˜‚

We’ll done on the weight losses everyone, hope I caught them all: Sarah 3lbs, Aud 1.5lbs, Tammy 5lbs, Kay 3lbs, Jean 2lbs, Steve 4lbs…

I am home and have just weighed…. I would prefer to officially declare in the morning as I usually get plane bloat (although it’s air and surely that’s light?!πŸ˜‚). Considering my week wasn’t 100% successful and I was doing damage limitation…. 1.5lbs loss for me. I’m actually OK with that. Would have liked more but hey, that’s me 5lb down since I started and still on track for my target. Xx

Hi all

On a FD only had porridge all day not feeling great got lower abdomen pain since this lunchtime don’t know what’s causing it taken pain relief but haven’t had any affect wonder if eating a selection box last night wondering if my body paying me back πŸ˜”
    Lynda

Hi FBB Xx

Sym … wooden blind but cream painted stuff iykwim. Just loads of flash wipes needed … cheap from the pound shop. Lol Why do I leave them so long I ask myself. Blame my Mum as she always says ” Oh leave it today there is always another one”. Lolol

I love your recipe that sounds so refreshingly nice. Hungry now. Lol

Waiting till 6pm for some more soup. It Is lovely with chunks of chicken and veg. No carbs today.

So funny this morning… started snowing … still in my dressing gown enjoying the net and some tea.

Quickly dressed without a shower … didnt teeth clean etc. Out earlier with Mr Pips as worried it would settle. By the time got to the fields it had stopped sun out . Lolol good job I didn’t se anyone .. it would have been a sight for sore eyes. Lolol

Hope your curtains are all done. So very chuffed for Steve especially today. Xx

Carol … how’s it going with you my duck. ( as we say here.) Are you also busy like our Aud. Xx

Tammy … love your post. Yes as Sym say think we have all felt the same feeling. It just becomes part of your life. I think you get less bothered about losing as you realise its all so very possible. Work on my 90 yr old Mums words ” there is always another day” and do you know what Tammy there is.
    Xxx

Gotto … so glad you are back safely with no hiccups. Good luck tomorrow with the scales. We can all do this. Xx

Hope everyone else is ok … if anyone s looking in come… pull up a chair and join in our very fantastic group of peeps. Xx

Eta … Lyn … that has happened to me when eating choc after cutting down. Lots of water needed. Should just go through your system Xx

Tammy…I don’t know what’s worse…naked or you in bra, knickers and socks..πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ all a pretty sight!

I even take my watch off, I think that’s a SW thing…enjoy your vody later…cheers..πŸ˜€

Angela…. that’s good 1 1/2 pounds off always tricky when travelling with the flight and away from your own kitchen.

Lynda…hope you improve soon your body is rebelling the sugar…you are nearly finished now…

Curtains all finished now and pressed…a good job done..

Have a good evening…I shall be having a Merlot later a treat..πŸ˜€

Jean x

Hemmy …..Crossed posts..

Glad you have got your jobs done…it’s your NFD but doing without carbs. Soup sounds lovely…can’t do soup Steve like a pile of bread so a difficult one for me.

It will be interesting the out come of messing our menus about..πŸ˜€..good I hope..

Steve finds it funny how much I enjoy that recipe ( don’t know what it’s called) I could eat it anytime it is so yummy and fresh…

Have a lovely night

Jean x

Evening lovelies,

Thank you so much for all your lovely support and advice 😊😊. That’s y I love u all n have made a plan to begin on Monday. Love a gud plan πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—xx

So starting Monday, I will weigh in 😊. My trigger weight is going to be 9st 7lbs my middle weight. I’m gonna start the 5:2, sticking to my TDEE on my non fasting days for 1 week n c if I maintain or loose. If I loose I will decrease fast days to 6:1. If I maintain then I’ve found a winner. Exercise wise…….still love going twice a day. So at the mo gonna keep to that unless it hinders my health 😊. Might lower it in the future 😊😊. I’m looking at this logically and now with the same passion as I did on my weight loss journey.

I really did feel like a bull in a China shop this week. No plan at all really πŸ˜• Which is very unlike me and u really need a plan on a maintenance way of life. N not flying by the seat πŸ’Ί of your pants which I really have done this week πŸ˜•.

So, what do u think my lovelies? Does it sound like a plan. I’m gonna pop onto maintenance thread a bit later for some top tips too 😊😊.

A big well done to everyone who has lost fab fab fab πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»Xxxxx

Hope everyone has had a lovely day πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€— Louise xxxx

Louise…

A good plan….take it a week at a time…good idea to pop in to maintenance a lot of them in Aussie so time is different to us, a few in U.K…

They seem a happy small group…I have been popping by but not quite there yet with the weight, so not posted. It’s just picking any help they might have to give and their support.

Good luck you will be fine keep with us…a day at a time…πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Jean x

Well done next step hope you get some help xxx

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Louise as Jean says just take it one week at a time until you work out what’s best for you… I would imagine 6 1 but maybe wrong! I usually am lolo 😁😁..

Off for a bath have not really stopped today, let’s of posts to read far too many to comment on..

Have a good weekend everyone

Audrey xx

Thanx Jean,

I feel better today not so over whelmed and hopefully I will get some top tips πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜xxx

Hi Audrey, definitely gonna take it one week at a time for a while 😊. It’s like starting again lol πŸ˜‚.

Enjoy yr soak xxxxπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—xxx

Evening all.
    Still snowy here and very cold. I seem to feel the cold more since I’ve lost weight.
    Minols
    The Quiche I made is mushroom 100 g, spinach 100 g and cherry tomato 100 g. You can add any veg really. I then mixed 2 eggs with 100 MLS skimmed milk. Added 25 great grated parmesan plus 50 g Feta crumbled. Mix all together, season and pour into greased baking dish. Just baked till set. Got five slices at 100 Cal’s a slice. I did enjoy it.
    Louise
    I think Sarah’s right about gaining muscle.
    Linda9123
    It’s hard if your a binger. I binge when I’m upset or angry and it’s a problem. I don’t do it so much these days but it still happens.
    Caspdexy
    5lbs down, wonderful well done. 5 lbs to a 2 st loss is brilliant. I’m 5lbs to my 3 st loss. The Christmas weight put me back.
    Don’t worry about overyhinking your weight loss journey. My weight has dominated my life and stopped me doing lots of things. I’m now tired of it all and I want to lose the weight and doing the 5:2 is allowing me to do.
    Sarah and Audrey
    3lbs and 1.5 lbs down is excellent. Well done.
    Jean
    2 lbs down, well done.
    The tuna quiche sound good,bwill give it a try.
    Cookies
    Depression is a time when people turn to food. I’ve been there and done that. My eldest daughter was very bad with depression at 18 yes old. Ended up at the hospital. She gained lots of weight and the medication made it worse. Dr kept telling her the weight wasn’t important but it was for her so it was a vicious circle. She’s fine now but a different person.
    I’ve comfort eaten most of my adult life. The 5:2 is the best thing I’ve done and I’m so glad I started it. This after trying everything going.
    Hemmy
    My FD has gone well thank you. I’m in a good head space at the moment. I hope it continues. OH had to buy a pair of 44 inch waist trousers today. He was shocked. He’s been in denial about how much weight he’s put on. He’s only 5ft 7 in so he looks very pick wick like. It’s a terrible thing to say but it cheered me up. Am I evil.
    Tammy
    Your mum’s very wise saying “There’s always another day” very true.

Well FD nearly over and it’s gone very well. Hope everyone else had a good day.
    X

Hi Friends Xx

Sym .. its lovely to fall onto some thing we really enjoy with not many cals.

It is a FD for me today. Oxo … plus 3 bowls of chunky chicken breast .. veg soup. Not counted cals but calling it good to go. Lol Xx

Louise … knew you would come up with a plan. You are soo upbeat would just love you for an Neighbour. lol Xx

Carol … you are lovely … of course your not Evil … if you are so am I . Lolol I often have naughty thoughts about people. Lol

Carol its not easy as we all know… we say it is but it does take some damn doing at times.

We wonder why we allowed ourselves to put on the weight. During my 30s 40s had a good figure always around 9st . At 5ft 4 ins that was a nice size and people remarked on it too. Which was nice.

Anyway … had an affair in my first marriage at 35 .. marriage almost collapsed… but decided to stay with a lovely husband. After that just put on weight dressed differently .. almost now I look back … didn’t want to go astray again. Unfortunately lost that lovely man at the age of 39. a couple of years later met my Andrew a partner for 26 years … he was such a good cook loved his food I put on weight I had lost after the shock of losing my husband.

So finding this forum has changed my life completely .. I never thought I would see size 12 again. Yay it is all so very possible Carol. Just have faith in you can do it. Xx

Wow, forum busy again….lol

Carol, nope not evil at all πŸ˜‰ You just keep on losing that weight!!!

Louise, Im glad you have a plan. Now to see how it goes πŸ˜‰ Hows Iain going on?
    Aud and Jean, sounding busy busy…

Hemmy, we all have our own stories behind our journeys and we are slowly but surely getting to where we want to be πŸ˜‰

Minols, I like to add some different bits and bobs to my salads, although Im not into those at the mo πŸ˜‰ I just watched the Country Walks programme and Julia was talking to a woman who was walking on the dales in practice for her trek in Machu Piccu πŸ˜‰

Lynda, that sounds like something I could do :-/ I can be a binger, although I tend to manage restraint more these days.

Cookies, you probably cant a word in with us all! Thats hopefully why Graham is quiet at the moment – hows it going – and Steve, Ian and Iain post indirectly, via their good ladies πŸ˜‰

Vi, are you still feeling rubbish πŸ™ Post when you are ready x

Im not sure who mentioned sausage casserole, but thats exactly what I had tonight! Using up more stuff from freezer and cupboard.

And someone mentioned crustless quiche, yum, may have to have a go with that…

Odd last day in work…some didnt realise it was my last day so I didnt get to say goodbye to them πŸ™ However, I did get a lovely card signed by all along with an orchid and a bottle of prosecco…which has been opened πŸ˜‰

Angela, glad you back home safe, bet that was a bleak welcome when the plane door opened!

Sarah, are you going to stay away from google now πŸ˜‰

Tammy, I love tuna, cheese and mayo…..very nice with a jkt pot…

And the pebbles in the jar stand at…..wait for it….

46!!!

Woohoo, we are going to have a bigger beach this month!!!

Hi Kay,

Thanx, I feel a lot better with a plan πŸ˜€. Iain is at the end of day 13 😊. Detox is officially over, no more sweats, headaches etc ….thank goodness. He’s getting into the swing of it now. Missing chips and wraps πŸ˜•. So, weigh in on Sunday and depending on how he’s feeling and what his weight loss is, I think he’s going for another week. He’s doing really well.

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜€xxxx

πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄
    πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄

What a lot 46 pebbles

πŸ˜€

X

Oh dear, I just remembered the bottle of chocolate Luxe baileys my mum gave me for Christmas πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Tammy ….you aren’t the only one had some choc M &M s shared with Steve …on my second wine 🍷 🍷

That’s it now…nice though…lol

Jean x

46 pebbles?! That is amazing!! What a wonderful lot you are. Xx

I will confess that despite being up at 3:30am for my flight I am still wide awake owing to getting Amazon Echo to play some tunes and some chilled wine. I now get full after a small meal but the wine still fits in!! πŸ˜‚ I asked hubby for a pizza tonight and he said he didn’t fancy one, so we had a couple of Thai nibbles left over from Xmas I’m the freezer. I really am starting to think this is a WOE/WOL. Last night’s dinner was 500 cals of Japanese (plus wine I admit) but still, I’m eating less and lighter. I love it. Xx

Kay….how many people are doing JSJ?

Jean x

Jean,
    Neil and I have shared the bottle of prosecco that I had from work πŸ˜‰
    Im now on lime on soda πŸ™‚

I have 12 people on the list I think, but people can correct me if Im wrong (all have posted that they have lost already):-

Minols; Lynda; Louise; Iain; Angela; Hemmy; Audrey; Sarah; Tammy; Kay; Jean; Steve.

I think the majority are just aiming to lose what they can, with just a couple of people aiming for a particular number.

xx

Wow the pebbles are mounting up. I had a bad start to January but I think I’ll have some to put in the jar on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.
    Hemmy
    With hindsight I should have never married my OH. There were lots of signs it wasn’t going to go well but young love is blind. I have put up with things I never should have. I nearly left him when I was 32 yes. I was arranging to leave and pregnant with my 3 rd child. The midwife kept trying to get me to stay then OH mother died and basically I felt sorry for him so I stayed. I ate tnrought the misery, hence the size I am now. I do feel I’ve wasted my best years but I do have 3 great daughters and I can’t regret that. Things are mdifficult now he’s retired and I’m not sure how long I can stand it all. No matter I have a plan. Step 1 lose weight and get my confidence back.

Still wide awake, tired but can’t sleep. It’s the same every night. I’ll be up watching the snow early hours as usual.
    Would just love to close my eyes and not wake up till morning. Can’t remember when I last did that. Goodnight all. X

Evening everyone. 46 pebbles!!

Have had lovely evenings with friends, have eaten and particularly drunk quite a lot! Definitely a lot. Need to keep it low now. But don’t regret it, though I might in the morning. Friends noticed weight loss and made me feel amazing.

There is always another day for housework where I am concerned!

Tammy You are probably cheating yourself out of about a pound with your weighing technique. (Remove the lot!!) Maybe the reason you think about it a lot is that you are controlling it rather than it controlling you.

Cookies, Graham, hope we haven’t scared you off. i promise we don’t talk about nakedness or underwear very often. But we may have to run with this a bit.

Louise, a good plan. Sticking to one weight and going up or down to it for a bit makes really good sense. Everything feels better with a plan.

Hemmy your story is so very touching. X

Kay, I hope I do stay off google. It is an obsession re health issues. It is not healthy at all. Ridiculous. And I always think I probably know better than the professionals. It is not a great character trait if I am being honest

Lynda, hope you are feeling better now.

Angela, you are doing really well 5 down already. It does go in fits and starts I find and travel always distorts it.

Carol, I am going to try your quiche. Have leftover feta in freezer. Sound a lovely recipe. Evil no, funny yes. Pickwick lol.

Forgive me if I have not commented on something notable. A bit blurry as I do this. Night night x

Viewing 50 posts - 8,951 through 9,000 (of 35,438 total)

You must be logged in to reply.