Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,977 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 8 hours, 39 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,951 through 8,000 (of 35,464 total)

• Hi, Jean I too suffer with reflux and GERD, but also have a hiatus hernia, but we think my medication is giving me horrendous palpitations, so doc has taken me off everything except gaviscon, but it doesn’t do anything, she wants me to get the hernia sorted but knows they won’t touch me till I loose weight, but the indigestion is awful all the time, think I will have to go back and see what else she can suggest, it’s not too bad on fast days, but I just need to drink tea and it kills me, so you can imagine what my heck sausages are doing to me now, but that’s my fast done for today, so I might hit the bicarbonate of soda, instead of chewing gaviscon all night.

Tammy

Tammy..

Well done on your FD hoping your GERD improves as your weight comes down. The acid just gets unbearable but the tablets aren’t good… you can’t win.

It helps if you lay on your left side at night …something to do with your bend in your stomach..( sorry if you know that already)

Jean X

Thanks Jean, I would be happy if the palpitations would just do one !!!!

Well done Jean and thanks for putting 3 pebbles in the jar to boost our NIN πŸ™‚

And well done Steve for keeping so positive even through the plateau….the rest of us would be having a good old moan by now! Hopefully it will be his turn next week.

Keep going with the fluids Sarah and good luck on the scales tomorrow.

Louise, glad to hear you are eating..lol. Good luck with the fast tomorrow although I really dont think you need luck πŸ™‚

Audrey, have a fab weekend with your girls.

Vi, will Thijs be bringing Tosca in to see everyone soon?
    Hows the new girl getting on, the ‘Miley’ one? πŸ˜‰

Tammy, good on you with the ADFs…think I might be joining you next week depending on how my weekend goes. Enjoy the time with your daughter, it reminds me of how I am when I go and visit my mum….lots of nice things and goodies..hehe

Minols, did you make it to the end of your FD successfully?

Carol, lynxy and Graham, hope you are ok?

We had some newcomers, which we seem to have lost…

Upate on the pebble jar later πŸ˜‰

Yeah Kay wonder what happened to vikki20?, she never been back since that post. A lot seem to come and go.

Evening all.

Jean, thank you for that motivational post! Just what I needed to hear. I bet you look totally fab in your jeans with shirt tucked in and it is great to hear of the actual health benefits. Maintenance will be another challenge but we will all be behind you.

Tammy, hope it will do the same for you. Your weight loss has really got going.

I am hungry but not too bad. Just hoping not to backslide over Christmas and then struggle to get back to it.

I will check in early tomorrow Kay. (Post wee pre tea – sorry tmi) had hair cut and coloured this morning so that might be a few grams off too. Will be sorry if I don’t contribute a pebble as I feel as if I have lost at least 1lb. If I haven’t loss have definitely lost inches. Tight trousers loose and nearly into a really good Christmas dress. Won’t be in it properly in time though but def seeing the benefit.

The thought of weighing in and reporting it really keeping me out of that kitchen despite knowing about three cold sausages…..

Happy weekend everyone x

Sooo……with a week left, heres where we are it according to my notes…

Audrey: 5 pounds lost out of 6
    Sarah: 6 pounds lost out of 8
    Louise: 10 pounds lost, 2 extra to the aim of 8
    Kay: 4 pounds lost out of 6
    Minols: 1 pound lost out of 6
    Graham: 3 pounds lost out of 4

Still Sarah and Minols for this weeks weigh in and we await to see if Graham has weighed in since returning home and needs to review his progess πŸ˜‰

Additionally,

Jean has lost 3, although it could have been 4 πŸ˜‰
    Carol has lost 4
    Tammy has lost 7.5
    Linda has lost 13!!

So pounds equal pebbles and our jar has a whopping 41 (and a half) pebbles in just over 3 weeks!!!

Im sure you will tell me if Ive got any of these wrong, but anyway how good are we?!

Last push before we get into December and then we can discuss how we are approaching Christmas and share ideas.

Have a good weekend all…..Im looking forward (I think) to the final Grand Prix race of the year and otherwise will be looking for houses and starting the preparations for the family wedding and weekend away next week.

Kay x

Morning all

3lbs off – very happy! That is 9 in NIN and 19 in total and reaching the halfway mark. Weight loss has a weird trajectory though. I have been no better than I was last week when I lost 1lb. Anyway not complaining in my usual ‘well it’s hard and I’ve only lost a pound’ way.

Kay, thanks for keeping track of it all, it is great to see it all together.

Linda, hope you and baby better. Very tough coping with poorly little one. Come back to us when you can.

Graham, don’t worry if you’ve put on at your mum’s. This is a marathon not a sprint. Just get back to it.

I am off Christmas shopping and lunch out with daughter. Have a great weekend everyone x

Morning All,

Misty here today….hammer out again heating having a “do”…so all wrapped up inside…full tool kit out, looks like I am second in command today..πŸ˜€

A whopping 44 lbs off that is so amazing the NIN has been very productive and a week to go…

Sarah..
    Well done on your 3 lbs off good going I added it to above. Weight is strange you do the same and it’s so up and down. I was reading somewhere it could be up by 5 lbs in a day then totally go!!

Looking fab with your hair cut and colour. Have a lovely shopping day with your daughter.

Audrey..
    Hope you are having a lovely time with your two daughters.

Kay..
    Steve with you for F1…. I will be watching with one eye….πŸ˜…

Thanks for all the counting of the pebbles a great pile.

Graham..
    Where are you, let’s get you back on track…join me I put on it’s hard when away from home..πŸ’•πŸ’•

Tammy..
    Re-Vikki……I think she may of got an e-mail from the forum manager

Everybody have a lovely weekend….hope our Icelandic conditions change to a sunny climate…lol

Jean x

Hi All..

Smiley face now…I have a clever hubby…found the problem gave it another hammer hit now working…the fans sticking.

We can buy on line if it sticks again….he is a great believer in if working leave well alone…you take one bit out then another breaks as you do it…he is from the old school.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 back to wearing my tee shirt!

Jean x

Well done Sarah,thats both you and Louise reached your NIN target, plus extra!!

Jean, its not a good time for the heating to be playing up. Thank goodness for Steve and the hammer.

Chilly here. Got some people coming to collect things with have sold then we are off food shopping.

Kay x

Well done on your weight loss ladies. I seem to be getting behind. I suppose 4 lbs so far considering I’ve been on a plateau recently is not bad.

Started a 3 rd FD yesterday but my daughter wanted to go out for lunch. Today my stomach is really off so it’s turned into a FD anyway.

Caspdexy
    I’m also plagued with palpitations. Its horrible. I put it down to my HRT or maybe it’s just stress from my OH. He is quite challenging.

Baking today for my grandson’s 3 rd Birthday party tomorrow. Also making dairy free dairy cakes for my 16 month old granddaughter as she’s dairy free and I don’t want her to miss out when everyone has cake.

Crisp and cold here today.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

Im probably being very slow but whats NIN?

Sad post…started with a bit of toothache yesterday – now I want to divorce half my face! The pain is eating it’s way out through my ear, and chewing away at my heck and shoulder, too. Not a happy bunny! On the positive side…there’s no way I can eat anything other than soup today, and probably not tomorrow, either. Just not sure how I’m going to be able to stand up tomorrow…more than full Sunday schedule!

Oh well, here’s hoping I can give Kay some pebbles in the morning, at least!

Mx

Minols, you will get an emergency appointment if you phone NHS 24.

Tammy

Minols..
    You need 2 ibuprofen and 2 paracetamol together…I think every 4 hours but check….that’s what I was told by the dentist when I had teeth problems in January. Hope it calms down for you.

Celtic..
    There has been a 10 of us doing a “Nail it November” trying to get back on track as a few of us were loosing the plot.. Kay keeping a check on us…putting a pebble in a jar for every pound lost. It’s not a competition we just stated how much we would like to loose and work to our own goals…44 pebbles up to now..finishing on the 2nd December.

Carol..
    You unwell also..hope you soon feel better. My daughters had earache for three weeks two lots of antibiotics but they are not working. Feeling very deaf in one ear not good when you are teaching 5 year olds.

Having a Xmasy day sorting my mantelpiece outπŸŽ…πŸΌ…looking good so far…my wet fir cones are opening..πŸ˜€..more paint coming out shortly…πŸ˜€

Nice and warm still…

Jean x

Hi lovelies,

Sounds like everyone is having a busy day πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—.

Well done Sarah on your 3lb loss. We have all done so well this month. It’s amazing what u can do when you put your mind to it 😁😁. Have a nice day out with your daughter.

Oh minols, there’s nothing worse than toothache. Really feel for you. Def with Jean on the painkiller front and get yourself to the dentist asap if it doesn’t improve. Big get better hugs πŸ€— coming your way xxxx

Casp, 4lbs is fab. You should google a picture of 4lbs of fat it’s a lot. Keep at it my lovely πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—x

Hi Jean, I’ve chuckled at the thought of you both hammering your heating 😁. Glad it’s worked though n your back in the warm n toastie land πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—x

Hi audrey hope you are having a fab weekend with your daughters πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—x

Graham where rrrrrrr uuuuuuuuu? U r being missed πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—. Don’t worry if you have put weight on. No judgment here just support xx

Hi Kay, enjoy the F1, it’s something I normally watch with hubbie, but he was lying on a sun lounger by a pool with a drink in his hand (I’m sure he’s working some of the time lol). Have a nice afternoon xxπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—

Hi vi, hope you are well and having a nice weekend.

I’ve finished wrapping pressies n they r all ready to send..thank goodness. Pilates was nice this morning always puts me in a good mood 😁. Just need to blitz the house now and not think about food lol.

Apologies if I have missed anyone. Hi to u all.

Speak later

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Minols
    How awful for you. I would try and get an appt at the emergency dental clinic if you can.
    Louise
    Yes 4 lbs is OK. Given the mood I’ve been in its actually better than I expected.

Baking finished.
    Still have gripey pains. Will just stay on liquids today, I think.

Thanks all for your sympathy. I have an apt booked for Monday lunchtime, and i’m hitting the double whammy painkillers, Jean – it’s the treatment I remember from post-childbirth! Could be worse…hate stomach/back pains others on here have to deal with regularly. It can be so wearing if you are in pain regularly or near continually. Nice to log-on and have sympathy, eh?!

Meanwhile, distracted myself with making the bases for 3 soups to give to my wonderful team who are also working really hard tomorrow. a few of us will be at the church pretty much all day, so I’ve been making the gorgeously filling mushroom soup, the vibrantly green spinach soup I learnt a few months ago, and, of course, my stand-by skipper soup. All I’ll need to do is add some more stock and the cheeses when I get the bases heated up tomorrow and -voila! People will think I really know how to cook!

Off to apply more oil of cloves, have an early hot bath and more painkillers, then…I’m going to ‘sook’ (Scottish for suck) a couple of chocolates as a treat during Strictly. I know, Kay, I’m supposed to be staying off such wickednesses, but after the week/day I’ve had, and the fact that I’m still under my FD total…I blow a raspberry at you’re raised eyebrows! (Note to self, next time eat the raspberry…)

Mx

hello everyone!
    i havent logged in for some days because things have been hectic. i didnt fast either, and unfortunately i ate bad things all the time. but thankfully i didnt put on any weight!

anyway, today i m fasting and it feels gooooooood! broccoli, sweet potatoes and turkey meatballs is my menu. i ate 1/3 of my food at lunch and will eat the rest at dinner.

btw there is a huge difference between the first time i fasted and now! i dont seem to bat an eyelash anymore.

minols, tooth ache that reaches the ear is the WORST. maybe there s an emergency clinic that relieves pain? i ve heard there’s one of those where i live and i think it’s open 24/7. *pat*

Evening Everyone,

Just a quickie before I go to bed soon.

Hi spell 😊😊x

My FD has turned into a 3l of water day only. So 0 calories eaten. Feel good and free from food lol. I’m not sure cleaning my fridge and stripping a huge chicken was entirely the best thing to do when u r fasting lol!!! U would of been most impressed I didn’t even lick my fingers lol.

I hope everyone had else had a gud fasting or non fasting day.

NFD for me tomorrow but I’m keeping it low to 800 calories (depending on how I’m feeling lol) in readiness for weigh in on Monday.

Nite nite everyone

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—xxx

Morning lovelies,

It’s quiet this morning where r u all lol 😊. I’ve been up early as I’m unable to weigh in tomorrow. So I decided to weigh in this morning. Will weigh in on Monday as normal in a weeks time. Also eldest off early to York to play rugby. So had to pack him up with a yummy πŸ˜‹ packed lunch and I’m caddying for youngest today on a very large golf course lol πŸ˜‚.

Anyway, I knew it was gonna be a difficult few weeks to transition from BSD to 5:2/4:3. And I have struggled to eat my TDEE as always seem full πŸ˜•. Did manage 995 on wed and 1138 calories on Friday which were my NFD, so it’s going in the right direction 😊. I am going to try a lot harder to eat my TDEE next week. So, on that note I have lost 6lbs this week and another inch around my waist (but it is a weigh after a fast and might not be a true reflection of my actual weight) but at the moment i am now in the healthy BMI band and not overweight anymore, which for me is amazing as I’ve been over weight/obese for a long long time πŸ˜•.

I hope everyone had a nice evening, I am off to do the ironing.

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ€—xxx

Morning all

MInols, so sorry to hear about your problem. It sounds really horrible. I hope it has eased a little for such a busy day for you.

I had a lovely day yesterday with my daughter. We went to this divine veggie restaurant we love. I had extended my liquid Friday fast by not having breakfast( first time i had done that) and so we ate at about 12.30. I had this baby baked aubergine dish with feta, pine nuts, and butterbean stew thing. It was really gorgeous. No glass of wine, no bread, no pud. Once I would defintely have had the first two of those and would have considered the third. Anyway it was a real treat. We shared a chocolate and peanut butter brownie later in the day. Also gorgeous, rich dark and lovely. I ate about a quarter and it was enough. My eating desires are changing.

Another nice day today as I look after my 3 year old grandson this afternoon. Usually we go somewhere but he loves cooking and we may just stay in and make cookies.

Louise, you are brilliant with all your classes. I so need to get back to it. In truth I only ever did a couple of pilates classes a week and stopped these after a hysterectomy in July. But I have been fully recovered for several months and have not yet started back, aside from anything else I am just not using my gym membership.

Jean, glad your heating is working. I love hearing about the enterprising use of the hammer. LOL

Carol, enjoy your grandson’s birthday party.

Everyone else have a great day. Stay strong!

Louise, just to say very well done! 6lbs with a normal range bmi. That is fabulous. Does it matter that you are not eating right up to tdee just at the moment? Do you have a target weight? I know some people who are very close to goal have a target (Jean and Kay i think) and get a couple of pounds under to allow wriggle room. I am not sure what others think but as you are really going well, I might be inclined to get to that target and then get a maintenance level of eating that works. Clearly it would not be good to keep,losing weight when you don’t need to so I think you probably do need a healthy weight range in mind to stick with. Hopefully others who have experience of this will chip in. Stunning results!

Ps it is a cold day for caddying. You are a great mum!

Morning All..

A lovely lazy start..and later breakfast…heating still on..lol..lol

Low calorie day for us…homemade veg soup for dinner..a batch for Xmas dinner…just testing it!

Louise ….you do an amazing weight loss..6 lbs off in a week..all your classes and you are so very focussed..re your weigh in we always weigh in after our Thursday fast…ready for Friday off…lol..lol..πŸ˜€

Lovely you are now in healthy BMI range…it’s a nice feeling..

Enjoy your caddying today more calories burnt….

Sarah..your lunch out well really well and I am glad the food hit the spot…I am more the the butter brownie girl..not so much now..πŸ˜€..lovely time with your daughter.

Have a good cooking day with your grandson…I must have a go cooking when back in America with my little one…she would love it.

Spell… glad to have you back and you haven’t put on…a bonus.

Audrey.. hope your weekend is going well with your daughters…

Minols…hoping you are managing to control your pain…and can manage work today…😬😬

Outside lights going up this morning then the tree 🌲🌲🌲🌲…Xmas is here…no sweets yet, Xmas Eve for them!!! πŸ˜‡.. off out walking with my secutars looking for holly…🌿🌿

Have a good weekend to everybody.

Jean x

Morning all.
    Was up early preparing party food for my grandson’s party today. He’s 3 yrs old and soooo cute.
    Louise
    Your weight loss is amazing. Well done.
    I’ve along way to go unfortunately.

Have a good Sunday all

Afternoon All,

So quiet on here today everybody must be very busy.

We got all our Xmas jobs done…just need some holly too busy to walk out yet. I love December when everything done…I feel very Xmasy this year I think it’s Chatsworth what’s got me going early.

Ironing still needs doing….it will be tomorrow now.

Our primary school are doing the village turn on of lights this evening, mince pies, mulled wine and singing carols …so walking out to give our support…Steve will be crying he gets very emotional when the children sing, I won’t be far behind him….

We have been good calorie wise 510 calories, a light dinner tonight….FD for us tomorrow.

Carol…
    Hope your party was a success today…

Sarah..
    All your cookery done …..nice cookies made with your little one..

Jean x

Hi all

I have had a good weekend got home made stew and dumplings for our meal tonight… was lovely to spend time with Katie and Zoe although it was calorific lol…

Ian back in work later. Hope you have all had a good weekend, will be back tomorrow

Audrey

Evening Everyone,

Thanx for the kind words πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—.

Hi Sarah, thanx for your thoughts πŸ’­It has really helped and got me thinking. So I have had a look at what my weight should be for my height. So, the least I should weigh is 8st 7lbs and the most is 10st 7lbs. So, I’m gonna take the middle ground and make my target weight 9stone 7lbs 😊 Which will give me that lovely wiggle room your talking about 😊😊. So, that means I have 9lbs to loose 😊😊. So, I’m gonna try to get to target 🎯 and then start maintenance. Does that sound like a plan lol? Your meal out with your daughter sounded yummy πŸ˜‹ and a bit of a brownie too. Hope you had a nice time baking with your grandson 😊.

Minols, I hope u r feeling better and aren’t in too much pain xx

Audrey hope u had a nice weekend with your daughters πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Hi Carol, hope yr grandsons party was a success. Thank u for your kind words. I was obese for a long time, but if u keep yr mind focused its amazing what u can achieve…..and I love every food group going lol πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    xx

Hi vi, hope you had a nice weekend πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—xx

Hi Jean, it’s coz I’m so pig 🐷 minded lol. But I do enjoy my exercise classes. No kids or hubbie lol just me 😊😊. I wasn’t sure about weighing after a fast day lol, but I’m glad 😁 I’m joining u both on that front now πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—. Caddying was chilly but the golf course has some lovely views and my son had a nice time. Have a nice evening watching the Xmas lights being switched on. I love Xmas time. Looking forward to wrestling my tree down from the loft lol.

Apologies if I have missed anyone. Hi to you too πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—

If I don’t c u later ill speak tomorrow.

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ€—xx

Forgot to say FD for me tomorrow πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—xx

Hi guy’s, just a quick check in, nfd yesterday and fd today, which is going well but am dreaming about tomorrow which unfortunately will be an extremely high calorie intake, hubby off as well as daughter so day out xmas shopping and a new take a way is opening in our town tomorrow and we will be trying that.

Take care everyone, catch up soon. X

The birthday party was lovely. Little Freddie had a good time. There was a nice buffet but being gluten free I had to settle for a chicken drumstick and a small gluten free sandwich. No cake which was a shame as it was the first cake my daughter had ever made. I believe it was lovely. Being gluten free does have its advantages. Stops you overindulging at functions. 🐷🐷🐷

FD for me tomorrow then weigh in on Tuesday. After 3 FD’ s this week I’m expecting some weight loss. Fingers crossed. Whoever’s joining me tomorrow, have a good one.

Hi all

I am fasting tomorrow. Feel I need it post weekend. Definitely overdid the carbs today. Toast and a small cookie were the worst offences. Goodness me three year olds are so hilarious and cuddly, cookies, crocodiles and lego, plus a bath after which we succumbed to the (meant to be for) Christmas onesie and reindeer slippers. Him not me (sadly).

Louise, that sounds like a good plan to me. It will be no bad thing if you feel full quickly over the Christmas period. Hope I feel the same. I am nowhere near maintenance yet but I have heard it needs a different strategy but the same level of determination that getting to goal needs. Hopefully you’ve warmed up after caddying.

Jean, I am with Steve on the emotion front. It takes absolutely nothing to set me off where small children are involved. I love decorating the house too. Nowhere near starting yet but I always do it even if we are away. As we are hosting this year I have got a few new things for the table. I get ridiculously excited about stuff like that.

Carol, well done planning three fast days. Just not sure I have that in me. Or at least resisting until I hit a major plateau.

Audrey, glad you had a good weekend. Stew and dumplings, the zenith in comfort food.

Hope everyone else is ok. Good luck with dentist tomorrow Minols.

So NIN is nearly over. I don’t want it to be. The perils of December are scary and I feel I’ve been on a bit of a roll for NIN. We need a new acronym! Night night.

Morning all

Have popped on scales and haven’t put any weight on which is good. My stew and dumpling came in at 400kcals so managed a fast day yesterday…

Good luck to everyone who is fasting today, I am fasting again tomorrow… final weigh in for NIN is on Friday for me …

Talk later

Audrey x

HI all – everyone seems to have had lovely weekends, and your wee treats all sound yum!

I’m off to the dentist at lunchtime, having had a pretty grim weekend pain-wise, but a really lovely one work-wise! The frustrating thing is, that having done all those ADFs last week, and then had two 800 cal days through enforced soupage at the weekend…I’ve put ON a pound!

So sorry, Kay, to have to tell you that. I don’t know what’s going on with my body. I think I’m defying the laws of physics, or biology, or something! I’m just going to have to trust in my theory that sometimes it takes a week for things to catch up – both for bad and good. So far, my NiN has not been a noted success and as of today, I’m back where I started. I would like to claim it’s all muscle, as I did do a lot of cycling last week…but I doubt that, too.

So, sorry, everyone, will try really, really hard this week, and the instant anything shifts, I’m claiming it!

Mx

Minols

Hope your dentist soon sorts out that toothache… I can sympathise with pain…Hopefully when the pain disappears the lbs will too….

Audrey x

Minols, hope the dentist sorts out whatever is going on and crucially the pain. Easy to say but try not to be disheartened on this horrid plateau. I am sure that these things are sometimes hormonal blips. You haven’t put on and more will shift in time. X

Morning All,

A late start again for us, it’s these dark morning…up with the lark in the summer.

A FD day for us, that’s us , Louise, Carol, Sarah, Vi and maybe Kay…Celtic? A walk out for us for a few food bits over lunch time.

Cooking gammon for tonight’s dinner with salad.

Carol..
    Glad little Freddie’s party went well it’s a shame you can’t join in with the food.

Minols..
    The pain will soon be gone by lunch time nothing worse as tooth ache..good luck..πŸ’•

Our body is strange you will possibly loose next week.

Tammy..
    Enjoy your day tomorrow lots of us will be doing bits and pieces over this month..it’s a way of life and we have to work around it. I know we don’t want to but Xmas, holidays and family do’s..they are just there!! 😬😬

Sarah..
    We are hosting this year, which is getting me in the mood….past disagreements put a stop to family Xmas’s, so this is the first in about 4 years. So I am looking forward to it….life’s too short.

I feel so in a baking mood..it’s niggling at me..😬😬😬😬

Audrey..
    Stew and dumplings sounded good….maintaining better than putting on..πŸ˜€

Vi..
    Hope you are coping and not in too much pain…

Good luck to the fasters….and a good NFD to everyone else

Have a good day

Jean x

HI Jean

Add me in to the fasters…can’t eat before the dentist – don’t expect to be able to eat after the dentist! I’m calling it serendipity (don’t really know exactly what that means, but if I don’t go for a positive spin on this, then I’ll start growling and grinding my teeth – Ggggrrrrrrrrr – and, quite frankly, the pain sends me through the roof). Smiling is a little less painful, so I’m going for the slightly saintly, ‘isn’t life lovely’ look because anything else is too sore! Just realised that that kind of smile is also a little tiring on the facial muscles to maintain…obviously don’t smile enough if my facial muscles are this unfit – LOL (or would, but it hurts)

Mx

Morning all.
    FD for me. Trying to decide what to have today. Unplanned days can be dangerous.

Minols
    Hope you get your tooth sorted today. I hate toothache. As for you gaining a pound after extra effort has happened to me. Sometimes just when I think Ive been extra good, up go the scales 😀😀. It makes no sense but it happens.
    Sarah57
    I have a 3 yr old grandson. He is hilarious. Is going through the woe is me stage, every time anything isn’t right. His biscuit broke and you’d think but was the end of the world. So funny.

Have lots to do but no motivation. I’m in a can’t be arsed mood today.

Have a good day every one.

HI all.

Well, it’s an abscess, so probably root canal treatment, probably next year, and antibiotics to try and take it down to bearable levels. A bit confused, because NHS says antibiotics no good for an abscess. Also, trying to figure out what one is supposed to pay for on the NHS – new dentist with VERY white teeth…not entirely sure I trust him not to be trying to do more than necessary. Seems to me that perfect teeth are the latest fashion accessory! Anyway, I’ll cross all those bridges once the pain has subsided.

I did manage a couple of soft fish cakes and some peas this afternoon. I think I’ve got enough cals left for a little bit of soup later. And definitely an early night to try and catch up on lost sleep.

Mx

How’s everyone else’s FDs going? Vi? Kay? Carol? Hope you decided what to have and stuck to it.

Minols..

Glad you know what the problem is and hope the tablets take the pain down.

We are doing fine up to now …dinner soon next hour or so…cooked gammon I did this morning with some salad.

Cooking two fruit loaves, will be going in the oven shortly…then dose with whiskey when cool…a week before we can cut into them. They last a couple of weeks so slowly slowly with the eating…lol

Good luck to everybody else …how are you all doing

Jean x

Hi Everyone,

Hi minols hope you are feeling better soon 😊😊. X

Jean those loaves sound lovely 😊 x

Hi Sarah, casp, Audrey, vi casp. Hope u are a I got gud day 😊Xx

My fast day is going well. 144 calories eaten n think that’s me for the day. Off to exercise class later, mite av an apple before I go as need the energy lol.

Speak later, if not see u all tomorrow Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ€— xxx

Minols

Hope you feel better soon…

I have had a good non fast day ready for tomorrow’s fast now…

Keep going Monday fasters you are nearly there…

Audrey

Evening all.

Minols
    So glad you finally got some treatment. I had an abscess once, very painful.

Hope Mondays faster’s are having a successful day. Mine going well so far. Had a quick weigh and I think its looking good for tomorrow. Still have a few calories spare just in case I need something later.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Hi..a question,

I have bought an avocado it’s now ripe…skin it and take the stone out…what am I going to do with it??

It’s my healthy fat…lol

Jean

Err is this a trick question? Eat it either just as is or put it in a salad.

Err OK then…..Annette I think puts it on toast……fruit on toast?

Thanks I will have a try tomorrow ….never had it…lol

Sorry BB

Hi all

Good liquid fast today. Have had to come to bed now as pretty hungry. I really do want something to eat.

Jean, avacado is one of my all time favourite foods. Plus they are so good for you. I love it just halved with a bit of oil, vinegar and tiny bit of salt in the centre as a starter. Don’t skin it if you have it like that just spoon it out. I use pumpkin seed oil and balsamic (quite a lot of sugar in balsamic but I am not giving that up) but any you like will be fine. It is great smashed with green chilli, coriander, spring onion and lime as a guacamole. There are loads of other things I do with it. Some a bit alarming retro but if you like them and need more ideas give me a shout. I have heard some people have it smashed on toast, bit of lemon juice. I always think it needs a tiny bit of salt. I think it gets lost in a salad. It deserves to be the star of the show. Hope you like it. I was just thinking your fruit loaves dosed in whiskey sounded totally gorgeous and like
    something I should NEVER know about! I agree re families…the best of times and the worst of times..

MInols, really hope pain beginning to subside. Poor you. Sounds hideous. Hopefully antibis will work.

Kay, Vi, hope you’re both ok? Audrey, Louise, Tammy and anyone else I’ve missed hope you’ve had a good day.

Carol, i agree re the hilarity of three year olds. I so love being a grandma, much nicer role than being a parent I think. Or maybe I’m just better at it now.

Night night everyone x

Sarah..

Thanks I shall give it a go for my breakfast, maybe eat half with a touch of salt out of its skin and put the other half on toast with a touch of lemon juice….see how much I have. It’s getting a bit soft so I hope it’s not gone over too much.

Let you know…lol

Jean

Viewing 50 posts - 7,951 through 8,000 (of 35,464 total)

You must be logged in to reply.