Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,920 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 4 hours, 45 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 35,407 total)

• Hi Tara

I’m am glad you day went well. You are obviously supporting one another which is great.

I have tried quorn, I struggled a bit with it. I added so many things, Tomatoes, peppers onion, garlic cauliflower and mushrooms. For spices I have used chillie, mixed spice, rosemary and these were all at the same time. In sheer desperation I opened my cupboard doors to see what I could try…….fajita….really not obvious. It was absolutely delicious. I leave small mushrooms whole as the keep their water and taste nice.

I am not a vegetarian but always have quorn in the freezer. I shall have it maybe next week. Any recipes would be good as you see I found it difficult to make it tasty and didn’t calorie count.

Maybe weigh yourself when you go to the chemists or to see the doctor. But measuring will be a start.

Yes blood pressure is my problem as well. I am listening to Paul McKennas control stress hypnosis. It seems to be helping and is not that expensive from Amazon.

Do you get help around the home, you deserve to have this and it will take some of the jobs off of your shoulders. I am not prying, just concerned. So you don’t need to answer that.

Ginette

Hi everyone!

Have had a good NFD, and have been quite careful with everything, left a longer window for eating so effectively have not had reached anywhere near my TDEE, am just back from Zumba, drinking fizzy water and a cup of tea, going to have an early night, FD tomorrow and determined to make it work, as have been a bit rubbish for the last week 🙁

Welcome Tara! you sound like you’ve got a lot on your plate, sending very positive vibes to you, the 5:2 can be so flexible and you can learn so much about what you eat.
    Hi Lynda hope FD going well
    Hi Cristabel, hope all is well, let us know how it is going for you.

Ginette, hope you can have some treats on Wednesday? I know what you mean, you don’t want to go mad with food, hi Welshy, great you’re being so strong, enjoy the Fitsteps, Zumba was awesome xx

Just given in and had two very small bits of 81% chocolate. Weighed it two bits together were 6 g so that was 33 cal. That’s the great thing about really strong chocolate you only need tiny amounts.This was lidl 81% so cheap too. Off to sleep with a mug of sleepy herbal tea. I’ve found that as a side effect of Just having done 3 FD I am already naturally choosing drinks without milk (only ever had skimmed anyway)..so drinking loads more teas, rooibos and herbal. The other drink I’m really enjoying is warm (half a cup heated to 70c and the rest filtered water to make a pint) water with a few drops lemon juice and a few lime. I have never really liked squash. I tend to have both lemon juice and lime juice in the fridge for cooking anyway.

A food we discovered late last year is raw walnut butter. Not roasted just cold milled. As its really fine a little goes a long way. Last night I put less than a teaspoon in the pasta and veg dish we had …sort of like a raw pesto …very good. Its made in Cornwall by a company called Carley’s. Going to look at getting some of the other raw but butters they do….goes a lot further and lasts longer than the standard wholefood (no salt/oil/sugar) peanut butter. I have to say my kitchen scales are getting used everyday now…its helping me get a good idea of what quantities you need in food rather than what the standard is . For instance when I made the Quorn thing the other day I used just 3g of lurpak garlic butter, it was just enough to make sure the tomato passata based sauce don’t turn watery

I can post the recipe if people want it

G we don’t get home help.. I used to when we lived separately but we are a fair bit worse off now we are married and couldn’t afford it . I think the chaotic nature of the current privatised home care service would really stress Stuart out (never knowing who you were getting etc) so we are muddling along.

What’s TDEE?

I think a couple of things about 5:2 that I find really useful is its just 24 hours at a time. Also the fact that nothing is banned or bad means that I am not obsessing about food 24/7
    I think that its a sustainable WOL has taken the panic away. I also really like the lack punishment and “bad dog!” approach that you get with other systems. For the first time I feel like I’ve found something that works. I may combine with the Paul McKenna way of thinking .

Hi Beldyboop

I am glad you have had a good day. Too right! On Weds I shall have a dessert and guilt free at that!!

Hi Tara

I would like the recipe please. Especially if it is calorie counted.

Yes you sound as if you are already making good choices.

I was thinking about help with cleaning and other things. It is unfair that help isn’t available. I used to have a full tine job teaching and then used to do a little care on a Sunday. I didn’t need the money but after looking after my mother for 5 years I missed this kind or role. My students had learning difficulties and were a pleasure to teach, I often found myself in the role of nurse or agony aunt as well. I was made redundant last year. My students were adults.

I was thinking of doing some private care when I can work, I will also look for another job though. This may be a while off but I like doing different things. I want a change from teaching now, at least for a while. Something where I don’t have to take work home for a change.

As a teacher I used to spend hours doing admin, preparing lessons etc. Very good pay and nice holidays, but I even worked through these at preparing the course. It will be interesting to look for jobs with an open mind.

TDEE is total daily energy expenditure. This is the amount of energy that we use given our height and weight. We should be well under this to lose weight. I found my fitness pal a good app to set calorie limits. My TDEE is just over 2000 and my calorie goal is 1580. I always well under that.

If you haven’t got a phone, tablet or iPad that you can use it think you can register with it online.

I don’t really eat butter, I tend to have nothing on my bread or a cream cheese. I like laughing cow blue light version. This is also easy to count.

Walnuts are meant to be very good for you.

Ginette

Hi Tara

Yes sorry I should have refreshed the screen as I missed your last post.

Yes I agree that is the great thing. No obsessing about things that you can’t have and also great health benefits.

I did more or less cut out treats for 6 weeks. I went on the fast beach diet with Milena. This is for 6 weeks with more or less no sweet treats or alcohol. I don’t drink so that wasn’t a problem. But I missed the treats the first week and then got used to it. It also means to pastries sweet or savoury! Cutting down on processed foods as well. Now I will have a pie every few weeks and enjoy it.

I am not in a mad rush to lose the weight, 1-2 lbs a week will be fine.

I did lose a lot though.

Ginette

Hi have just finished fast day but was over by 120 so total was 620 – does anyone know if going over the 500 calorie target by this much would mean having to do another fast day? Help! Thanks fizzy

Hi fizzylizzy – it’s really up to you how strict you want to be with yourself. I always make sure I am well below 500 calories on a fast day. I either aim for 350 calories or I have a liquids only day which is a maximum of 70 calories. But I am only 5’2″ so I have to keep calories low.

Ginette – I have a brazil nut and half a walnut every morning, I believe they are very good for.

Morning all!

Tara: it sounds like you’ve got the right frame of mind for this. You’re right-it’s only ever 24hrs at a time and you can still have everything you like but just in smaller quantities. Nothing beats a good old bit of calorie counting.

I’m aching quite a lot from fitsteps last night-a good mix or cardio and toning from the ballroom. I really enjoy a lot of the Latin dances but I do love the ballroom. I’m the sort of person who likes to do things properly and I’ve got the time with ballroom to ensure I’m doing it all correctly. With Latin it’s sometimes so fast you don’t have time to concentrate on technique. Still fun jumpingh around though. Also tired due to the fact the dog barked like crazy at 1am and 3am due to the high winds opening the back gate and he could hear it banging. after going out to close it at 1am it took me a while to get back to sleep. Shattered this morning now.

I hopped on the scales this morning and…I’ve lost my first stone!!!!! I’m so happy!! This is the first time I’ve ever tried to lose weight and it doesn’t really feel hard thanks to this method. It’s a NFD today and now I’m chasing the first big target a set myself of a stone and a half. I would really like to do that by the end of this month as its my partners 30th birthday and we have a couple of celebrations plannedhope you’re all well

welshy xXx

Hi apple pie thanks for the response – wow you do so well on only liquids don’t think I could manage that – but may well try aiming for 350 calls and will probably end up at 500! I think may well add on another fast day this week to compensate for yesterday….

Fizzy – everyone thinks they can’t do liquids only till they try it. Everyone. It’s the meal times I miss, not the actual food. I am probably stopping them now anyway as I am only half a stone away from my ideal weight.

Welshy – your 1st stone! Well done! It’s good you are enjoying this WOL, easy isn’t it? once you are “in the zone” We have plenty of barking dogs here in Spain, not too close to us thankfully.

Not fasting today, still eating leftovers. Well not exactly leftovers, the bits we kept back.

Lots to read this morning been a restful night for some, didn’t hear any wind last night so slept well.

NFD for me today but going to count calories as I think I have to much on these days.
    Days.

Going back to eating 3meals a day didn’t last the day but stayed on track.

Have a good day everyone x

Hi everybody!

Hi Fizzy,

I don’t think going over 500 necessarily means having to do another FD. Michael Moseley worked out the calories as a quarter of TDEE, so it’s quite arbitrary really. Yes agree the liquids are hard but agree with Apple pie, it’s the routines and habits we miss. Today am doing liquids til about 7pm, and am aiming for about 400 cals, I’ve been a bit rubbish over the last week, so am trying to get on track. I also have a wedding on Saturday so want to be strict to compensate. I thinks that’s the joy of this WOL, you can tweak it and customize it, have some semi-FD’s and some true FD’s depends what works for you.

Ginette, the bit about teaching I don’t like is the marking! hence sore neck and shoulders, tedious, we don’t have long holidays, as we are a private institution 🙁

Welshy, yes Salsa and Merengue can be a bit hectic, I love cha-cha-cha cos it’s slower and you can focus on technique. I love the idea of Waltz and Tango, glad it was good 🙂 well done for stone, awesome!

bye for now!

Hi Fizzy

We all have days that are difficult. I used to do a low calories day, so two fast days and a low calorie day. It depends how you feel. Just do your second day if you want to or if you are really unhappy do another fast day. You need to decide. Don’t decide because of guilt though.

Hi Apple pie

I have to Brazil nuts on all days apart from fast days, although I did have one yesterday as I didn’t have fruit.

I know walnuts are good for you as well. I have read up on walnuts (now there is a surprise!) and know that they are.

Hi Welshy

Well done on your stone, you were so close it was only a matter of time. You must feel great!! 🙂

Sounds like a really fit day to me.

I agree with Applepie once you are in the zone it is easy, much easier than you think in the beginning.

It just all falls into place really.

Hi Lynda

Yes I agree it is a good way of becoming mindful of what you are eating. It really made me think about my choices. It’s something I would always advise in the beginning, for new foods and then once in a while you check you are still on track. I did it for two weeks initially. I always do fast days as there is so little room for error.

Let me know what you think of it in a week. I am sure you will make better choices, just because you are counting.

Hi Beldyboop

No I agree the marking is lengthy and can be stressful, is the neck ok now? I went to a local private school we had 3/4 weeks at Easter and 8 weeks in the summer. This felt like a real bonus. They were also very strict. Strictly blue knickers and they used to check!!

Have a good all!

Ginette

Hi All

Just to let you know that my new recruit Sue has lost 2.5 lb. She has struggled like many of us in the past, she also has a few health issues. This is a great result and I am so proud of her!!

She has really settled into this WOL after only a week and is thrilled with the results. I have just told her that she lost 1/2 more than me on my first week.

She will be joining this thread soon.

Ginette

A recipe that I posted some time ago. Truly delicious, easy to make and 370 calories.

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/535184/hairy-biker-s-spanish-style-chicken-bake

Ginette

Great recipe Ginette! Are you going to post it to our FB group? or I can if you don’t mind.

Hi Applepie

Yes I am just going out now, I will do it tonight unless you already have.

I will check tonight. It was delicious. X

Ginette

morning all

Been out on my 1st power walk (slow) since my op 1.9 miles done.

FD for me today weigh in tomorrow. Sorry to bring this up but dose anyone else suffer constipation. Have fruit and veg every day and plenty to drink only been like since started on the 5:2.
    Lynda x

Well done Lynda

Are you sure you are not overdoing it? You don’t want to take a backwards step.

Well regarding constipation, I go less but I put that down to having less rubbish in my system.

When I was reading about the cooled and reheated pasta someone said it works differently and helps you go. Maybe try a a little. It has less calories. I must say I keep Exlax chocolate in the drawer and have half a square if ever I feel this is a big problem.

I have lots of veg but not so much fruit. I don’t consider if I don’t go one day that this is a problem. Maybe your system is just adapting.

Ginette

Thanks Ginette

When you put it like that I eat a lot less now compared to slimming world.

Will give the pasta a go.

Thought if I went for a walk might help with the bung up lol
    Feet up the rest of the day.
    Lynda x

Hi everyone!

Fasting today! Has been a good week, much better than last, so am feeling more in control. Have not been tempted by the usual things, so hoping today will be good. The hunger isn’t so much the problem, as long as I ignore the “faux” hunger pangs in the morning, it gets better, it’s the emotional need that is worse!, just keep telling myself it’s worth it 🙂 I have a wedding this weekend, so am keen to indulge a little. If I get on a roll may continue tomorrow. Let’s see how my willpower is, I don’t want this to be a punishment, it’s a WOL, and there should be fun!

Next week I have some time off work, so am hoping for good weather, also I have some fab and new choreos for my Zumba classes, so will be doing a lot of practice!
    Hi Lynda, Ginette, Welshy, Fizzy, Tara? anyone else around or fasting?
    bb

Morning!
    I was super chuffed to reach my first stone loss on tues morning but then I’ve had a slightly dodgy couple of days-mainly through tiredness. It’s the one thing that makes me cave in to food at the moment. I can get so exhausted that I don’t have the energy for anything which makes me go for carbs and sugar-just so I can function. I started off fasting yesterday but had a few nibbles during the day and then pasta in the eve (more than I intended) so it wasn’t an awful day, but def not a fast. A semi-fast I guess. Sometimes I do tink you need to listen to your body and I was just too tired to fast yesterday-i needed energy somehow and I got it from food. So I’ve decided to fast today-I usually find it easier on Thursday’s as I have lots to do to keep me busy. The weather is also supposed to be lovely today so might try and find some time to sit out in the garden for a bit.

I agree Beldy-we still have to be able to enjoy ourselves and so we have to find a balance that allows that. Fastibg can help counteract any indulgence and I can really see how people use it to maintain a weight once they reach their goal. Enjoy your wedding-last one I went to had a pick n mix bar and I definately enjoyed myself there!!!

Good luck working out the new zumba routines-bet that’s fun!

Welshy xXx

Morning all

Lost 2lb this week really pleased with that I can all most touch that ->stone.

Off to the market for honey dew melon think this is a life saver on a fast day only 37 cals for half a melon fills me up.

All have a good day.

Lynda x

Hi All

I have been busy with housework now the sun is finally here. It was about time. I will be out of contact a bit next week as I have promised to help my Step mum with her gardening. Her gardener is having hip problems so if I don’t want her to to do it herself I’d better get myself up there. She only lives about 10 mins away, so not far. She had a really big garden so this will be my challenge. Her health hasn’t been too good so she needs help.

Hi Lynda

I hope you are no longer feeling “bunged up”. I see that you have lost 2lb a great loss. My favourite is cantaloupe, I buy these two at a time.

I am fasting today after a lovely meal out with a friend yesterday.

I like to have the weekend free from fasting.

Hi Beldyboop

I found it does get easier I have probably only had a couple of hungry fast days, my very first one and then a couple of weeks ago. It does pass. I do drink a lot of tea though and this fills me up. I measured 6 cups worth of milk for tea out and now just input these calories every fast day into my fitness Pal.

It’s boiling hot where I am, hope it’s the same for you. I don’t like the heat so I stay out of it preferring it about six in the evening.

I hope the weather is good for you next week.

Hi Welshy

Yes I agree, you must listen to your body, I think it is easier as time goes by and the serious carb cravings have gone.

Yes we must have enjoyment….that I fully agree with and as a few of you are fasting I shall not tell you what kind of enjoyment I had with my meal out. Hence another fast day!!

I think that looking back over the threads from the past few months it seems as if the days where we have felt concerned as we may have enjoyed ourselves too much, are taken in our bodies stride. I don’t know why or how. I imagine our metabolism changes and before I get curious enough to find out. I am back to my job of the day.

I live the forums, but is need to find a better balance between them and other things. It was getting too addictive!!

Ginette

Hi everyone

FD nearly complete, not bad, slight headache, it’s hot here. I agree with you Welshy that some days are extra tough and maybe it’s best to abandon those, but semi fasting is also ok. There was one FD about 2 wks ago, on a a grey Monday morning, by 9am I’d given up, felt miserable and knew it wouldn’t work. The good ones are the ones when you feel motivated and believe you can do.
    Lynda also love melons, they are so great on FD, as have a lot of water as well.
    Hi Ginette and everyone else, hope all your fasts went well 😉

Just got through FD two of week two ☺ Got a bit headachey this afternoon but not hungry. Water based porridge for breakfast, then stirfry veg and quorn chunks followed by strawberries a small dollop of low fat yoghurt. Stuart is going to stick with it for another couple of weeks then he’s going to go 6:1.He only needs to loose 1/2 stone or so compared to my 5 St. We went to waffle house this afternoon ( any one who knows Norwich will know it). We just had a ppt of black Ceylon tea each and it was fine….wasn’t spoked by the smell of food or people eating !

Yesterday wasn’t a FD and I made brilliant super greens risotto… Celery onion courgette,broad bran asparagus and Cavell Nero. Had run out of pecorino cheese so used low fat cheddar and home made veg stock was fantastic.There’s only a couple of weeks of the asparagus season left so think we will have it again.☺

Morning ladies 🙂

Tara: that risotto sounds delish. Risotto is one of my favs and I often have it when we go out as other half doesn’t like it, so I’ve never cooked it. I often have a green veggie one as indont like fish or mushrooms which seem to be the only flavours places cook!

Had second fast day of the week yesterday (after Wednesday’s failed attempt). All went well and I enoyed a meal of breaded lemon sole and salad for dinner. I’ve hopped on the scales today and have lost 2lbs so far this week (15lbs total) so pleased with that. Ideally I would like to lose another pound but might be tough this weekend. I have a hen do in London. Due to some last minute problems I’m not staying in London and going to drive back after the meal (plus they want to go to a club and I hate them!) which does mean I won’t be able to drink, which I’m pleased about. I’m managing to avoid a lot of drink at the moment. The only annoying thing is the food. We’ve prepaid for the meal (£37 for non drinkers and £45 for drinkers!!! Is it me or is that really expensive!?) and every course is sharing platters. So part of me wants to eat very little and be healthy but part of me wants to get my money’s worth as I’ve forked out so much already.

I’ve decided to try and do an extra fast day today-I’ve not done back to back before and I have done two already so doesn’t matter if I fail or go over slightly but I feel like Wednesday threw me a bit and I want to get back “in the zone”. So if it’s a full FD or just a semi fast I think it’ll do me good.

Does anyone have any plans for the lovely weather this weekend? Sunday we will probably have a little bbq while the weathers good 🙂

welshy xXx

Celtic, your greens risotto sounds lovely!

Welshy – £37 sounds mega expensive to me!! A 5 course meal at our local Chinese with half a bottle of wine costs between 5 – 8 Euros a head, depending on your choice of main course. Bargain!

Fasting today. BBQ tomorrow and beach on Sunday, something like that anyway. Whatever happens I plan to enjoy myself.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised how easy the second day of a back to back has been. I think I’ve been better than yesterday to be honest. I Managed to not eat anything today (haven’t really been hungry once) and just had a lovely Spanish-style casserole. It’s similar to recipie someone (Ginette?) posted earlier in the week. Chicken thighs, chorizo, red onion, peppers, garlic, paprika in a tomato sauce. I used to have jacket potatoes or make fresh bread rolls to mop up the juice but obviously didn’t do that part today. And a giant strawberry for dessert as it looked irresistible!

Off to London for my friends hen do tomorrow. Not drinking but will try not to go OTT on the food. Will have a quick weigh in in the morning so I can then see on Monday the damage caused! Hope you all have a lovely weekend in the sunshine. I think we’re having a BBQ Sunday too 🙂 how has everyone’s fasts gone this week? Got any nice plans for the sunshine?

Welshy xXx

Hi Welshy,

Good luck with the hens and BBQ, supposedly great weather, hoorah!

I’m off to this wedding tomorrow, have been quite good this week, and also have just reached my marking deadline at work, feel relieved, whey hey! so will have a drink and a dance, not too worried. More worried about the outfit am wearing, am in that in between stage where nothing really fits ;-0

How’s everyone else’s weekend plans going?
    bb x

hi Welshy

have a great weekend, hope the weather stays lovely. OH has just finished changing the cylinder head gasket onthe Elise so hoping for a test drive, but not much chance of open top motoring here, cold and showery.

Beldy, you will look lovely, much better to be betwixt and beteen than everything bulging and too small. Great chance to relax.

I’ve had three or four days of intermittent internet, seems to be ok now, so working for most of the weekend, so quite pleased the gorgeous weather isn’t reaching us.

Have a great time, both of you!!!

So after a back to back fast I hopped on the scales this morning and they werent as low as I expected. It sounds silly but I pretty much lose a pound every fast day so I expected two but it was less, which was a little disappointing (I had done a fast day Monday too so I had already lost my weekly 2lbs but was hoping for an extra one). I noticed yesterday that I wasn’t really hungry at all so found it easy to only eat in the eve. I used to jokingly pretend that hunger was the feeling of fat melting away but I actually think it’s true! I’ve read people say on here that alternative day fasting is better than b2b and I think it’s right. We all know that skipping meals will slow your metabolism down and I think two days of barely eating means my metabolism has nearly ground to a halt and stopped burning up my fat at the same rate. Admittedly sometimes, it’s the only way to fit it into your week and some loss is better than none at all. But I will definitely try and do alternative days if I am doing 3 FD in a week.

So I think I’m going to have to view today’s cakes and bubbles in the afternoon followed by a meal out as kick starting my metabolism again!! Lol

Welshy xXx

Hi Welsh
    Get the tape measure out might of lost inches than pounds don’t let it disheartened you your doing really well.
    Have a lovely day at the wedding.

I’ve done 3 FD this week mon wed fri won’t weight till next week as hopping on and off the scales every day sometimes don’t show a loss and then I’m mad with myself and eat.

Hope you all have a sunny weekend.
    Lynda

Beldy
    Have a lovely day at the wedding. X

Hi Welshy

Yes it doesn’t conform to a pattern all of the time. It sometimes throws you a curved ball. I try to have a day in between. I know that this isn’t always possible. That meal is REALLY expensive. But enjoy it. Your body will cope with one day. I am atwo for £15 person myself.

Hi Beldyboop

Yes fasts went well thanks, I too have melon at lunch time when I can. Very refreshing and as you say low in calorie.

Hi Applepie

Yes your meal sounds a bargain. Enjoy the barbecue.

Celtic

I love risotto but I haven’t had it since starting 5:2, I haven’t had pasta either. It does sound lovely though.

Hi Milena

Glad the Internet is back on.

Hi Lynda

I used to be a scale hopper they went up and down so much in a week. I now only weigh once a week. That is Saturday for me. I had a meal ut on Tuesday and so was really surprised to have lost 3lbs. I thought it would slow down. I did do three fast days though as I had a really rich and calorie laden dessert.

I shall be at my Stepmothers most of the week without Internet access and getting home late at night. So posts may be a bit intermittent.

Have a good week all.

Ginette

Hi everyone,

I am back from my travels, I have not had the best of visits to mum, but was very happy to pop onto scales on my return and see that I have lost 1.5 lb.

I am now 2 lb off ten and half stone, and would dearly love to hit that target by Saturday which is my daughters wedding.

I am however having grand daughters today and we have pizza, hot dogs and chocolate pudding, so not sure I can do it but am definitely going to try my hardest to get there.

Hope you are all ok

Audrey

Hi everyone. I had a lovely time at my friends hen do-it’s always great catching up with people you haven’t seen in ages.

Food wise I was really good! I had gone into the day thinking that nothing was off limits but just don’t go over board. I had one glass of proseco upon arrival but then water the rest of the day (driving). We had finger sandwiches and little cakes as an afternoon tea (mad hatters theme). I had maybe half a dozen small sandwiches, 1.5 small cakes and a few strawberries.

The meal we had out was VERY over priced for what it was. They had a big board in the middle and then everyone helped themselves. Starter: meats, olives, bread, rocket leaves etc. that was nice and I didn’t have too much bread. Main: steak strips, halloumi, butternut squash and broccoli. This course annoyed me. Firstly there was enough for 6-7 people on the board in my mind. There was 14 of us! So I literally had 2 strips of steak, 3 bits of broccoli, 1 halloumi chunk and 2tablespoons of butternut squash. Secondly the steak was the cheapest cut I’ve ever had-impossible to cut and took 5mins to chew each piece (it was cooked nice n rare so this was unexpected) There was a giant pavlova for desert which was great but I can’t believe they charged £32.50 each for food alone. It was a rip off! If we’d ordered I individual meals I think they would have cooked 3x the amount of food for the same no of people. Sorry but I hate getting ripped off! But as i said on the plus side I didn’t eat a large volume of food and yet still enjoyed myself. I was actually hungry in the way home lol

We’re having a BBQ today. I normally have a lovely portion of homemade potatoe salad but will leave that off the menu today I think! Hope you’re all enjoying the weather

xXx

Hi everybody!

Welcome back Audrey! congrats on the loss! you can do it by Saturday 🙂

Am up early finishing off the last of my marking, next week I’m on staycation so praying for good weather.

Was a fabulous wedding yesterday, so romantic, and perfect wedding weather as the ceremony was held in a garden. Did not do a great deal of damage foodwise, as the food was on the healthy side, fruit, hummus, falafel and fish. Did have cake but was not great. We danced for about 3hours solid, so although bubbles were consumed, it balanced out ok.

hope everyone has a nice day!

Hi Welshy, our posts crossed, enjoy your BBQ..;)

Hi all

Had a nice weekend being busy in the garden.

FD today for me been ok sort of day just felt an bit flat. Roll on bedtime hopefully a better day tomorrow.

Hi welshy

Hope your BBQ went ok.

Hi Audrey
    Keep up your good work I’m sure you will get to your target.

Hi beldyboop

All that dancing hopefully will show on the scales this week.

Bye for now lynda

Week three fast day 1 breakfast was water based oat and barley porridge. 35 g serving with mixed spice and cinnamon. Dinner was mixed veggie goulash ( onion, celery, garlic, courgette, mushrooms,carrot 69 g new potato, butter nut squash (frozen) yellow pepper,frozen wild mushrooms,red pepper, paprika,quorn chunks passata and cherry tomatoes,)came in at under 1000 calories for a four portion pan full so we have Thursdays FD dinner in the freezer already. Couldn’t get hold of any smoked paprika so used Morrison’s red pepper and smoked paprika rub spice blend. Luckily I checked its calorie count a staggering 330 per 100g because they used rapeseed oil. Strawberries on there own afterwards….stu had a small scoop of ice cream with his. Have had to have new holes put on my belt to make it tighter

Morning ladies

Celtic crow: that sounds lovely. I like to make a big pot of something for the two fast days. For Friday’s I made a chicken and chorizo casserole thing which I finished off yesterday. Very tasty.

Lynda: you were prob feeling a bit flat and low on energy due to the lack of eating. That’s the one thing I struggle with to be honest-extreme tiredness often leads to me eating more. My lack of sleep sat night (4,5 hrs) caught up with me yesterday and I was a zombie all morning. I’m amazed I managed to stick with the fasting.

FD yesterday and did well. This morning I weigh the same I did on Friday morning so I prob put a pound in over the weekend which doesn’t surprise me as I was nibbling sat afternoon before a 3 course meal then a big bbq Sunday (left overs tonight). Really desperate to lose another half stone as that was the first big target I set myself. I’m 15lbs down so far so another 6lbs to go. I originally wanted to do this by 27th June but I think it’s too close. I’ll give it a good go though!! Going to try and do 4:3 for a couple of weeks as I really like it.

Hope you’re all well and good luck fasting this week

xXx

Hi Everybody!

Have been reading other threads about the exercise versus weightloss thing. Although I agree that it is probably 70% food and 30% exercise, it’s something I’ve happily chosen to ignore for quite a long time, lol! which explains my weight gain to a certain extent. I think many of us are aware that losing weight is not an exact science, and I do think there are some people who are more “genetically blessed” (I stole that) I’m not one of them! I’m short 5ft 2, and I have an under active thyroid, so that makes weight loss slower…I do think that exercise has changed my life, and I’d be lost without it, literally..anyway just some ramblings, it does make me hungrier, and I might start doing less on FD..but at least do some yoga, strength or whatever.

Lynda, hi, hope you’re feeling better today, I have had some FD’s like that, it’s normal all part of the journey.

Welshy sounds like you’re doing an excellent job, is there a specific event you’re going to in june? I’ve worked out that my weight loss will probs be quite slow…so Oct/Nov, but to have lost loads by end of August for hols..10 Ibs
    Tara love the sound of your goulash, did you cook the veg in oil? and what were the quantities of veg? I’m a vegetarian, so like the sound of it for FD 🙂

Happy Fasting everyone! mine is today and I’m starving 🙁 eating later on though.
    bb

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 35,407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.