Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,920 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 9 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 35,407 total)

• Used a tiny amount of rice bran oil. Its lower calorie than rapeseed and its zero cholesterol and has a high smoke point. All my recipes tend to go along lines of 1 onion,carrot, courgette, half a box of mushrooms ,couple of sticks celery . This had frozen butternut squash and waitrose frozen wild mushrooms…. Both great if you can get hold of them.When we have on FD on Thursday I’m going to put a red cabbage thing with it as a side dish. I used the mandolin on all the fresh veg last night and it gave it a really nice texture.Home made veg stock is really good to disguise the tomato passata base (himself if funny about cooked tomato).If you make veg stock chuck the onion skins in as well give more colour and flavour. Smoked garlic also very useful

Hi everyone

Got a app for my phone (map my walk) bit confuse don’t take much lol but I walk 2.25 miles and it shows calories 336 don’t know what it means any help would be most helpful.

Hope everyone is having a good week xx Lynda

Hello everyone!

Beldy: My partners 30th birthday is the 24th of June and we’re having a party/meal thing with friends on sat 27th. So that’s my target for the next half stone. I’ve then got a wedding 18th July for which I’d like to have lost another half stone after that (2stone in total).
    I think the 70% diet to 30% exerciae sounds about right to me too. I think I heard a news story about a scientist argued a similar case. That actually diet was much more important tha going to the gym. I think that is where the difference between weight and fitness would become stronger. A lot of us here are primarily trying to lose weight but if we wanted to get fitter then exercise would be more important. Did your fast day go ok yesterday?

Lynda: I don’t know that app I’m afraid so can’t really help but that doesn’t really make sense. Walking that distance would definately not burn that many calories (unfortunately!). Are you sure it’s set up correctly with the correct data entered?

I’m on my second fast day of the week today. Have taken my daughter for a swim this morning which passes a lot of time which is good. A bit peckish now but a couple of pints of squash are doing their job. There is one downside to me fasting at the mo-my daughter has never been a big eater and recently she’s getting more and more fussy and not wanting to eat much at all. I would like to eat with her a bit more to encourage her but can’t really as I’m skipping meals. Never mind, I’ll just have to try the old sticker chart instead (worked well for potty training so hopefully will have same effect with food)

Good luck to everyone fasting today. I’m not actually sure what I’m eating for dinner today. I do a food shop on Thursdays so cupboards are a bit empty today. I’ll have to get scavenging later

xXx

Hi Welshy

It is so much easier to not eat that to exercise, I’ve just found myself walking around the cul-de-sac to get to 5000 steps – though that 4950 than I was doing before 5:2 though I have so much flab any toning won’t be showing anywhere – the more weight I’m losing at the moment, the more I wobble like a jelly – hoping its all my fat getting loose before it goes. Well its been stuck there for more than a few years!

Hi Linda – its supposed to be 100 calories per mile. but I imagine that is as much guesswork as how we use up calories. Though doing my steps just in case its true – 10000 is about 5 miles, therefore 500 calories.

Its nice to dream!

I was curious so looked online. Apparently theres an equation you can use to approximate calories burned by walking a mile (obviously it’ll change with pace/hills etc) but useful for a general idea.
    Your weight (lbs) x 0.57

I have to say I really didn’t think it would be that high! If you run a mile you multiply it by 0.72 instead.

xXx

Hi all,

I have been a naughty girl, had some friends pop in unexpected so ended up with pub lunch, followed by fresh cream cake! Naughty but very nice. No way am I hitting 10.5 stone this week now.

Glad you are exercising milena sure it will help.

Welshy thanks for the post perhaps if I walk 10 miles today I may pull it back!

Audrey

Bugger – so there was a benefit of being over 14 stone after all!!!!

Thanks ladies
    For all your input on calories on my power walk.

Felt much better on my FD today after being so flat the other day.

Breakfast – half melon
    Lunch – WW soup
    Dinner – fish in butter sauce and vegetables
    Cup of tea and biscuits later.
    Weight in tomorrow I need 2lb for my stone.
    Fingers cross lynda xx

Hi everybody , sorry I’ve been absent for so long caring for my daughter after her operation has been exhausting but she’s improving every day and I’m back at work this week juggling it all ,
    Sounds like everyone is doing really well just spent some down time reading all the posts , the support on here is just amazing and I feel I’ve been very lapse as I gathered so much inspiration from this forum on my journey. I’ve had a torrid time lately but the WOL hasn’t let me down I’ve not stuck completely to the rules but have managed some very low cal days but have been cooking very healthy veggie meals for my daughter and stayed away from any sugar and have lost more now 10.4 and need to not lose any more a very strange concept for me I’ve been 2.5 stone overweight for 25 years .
    Stick with it if I can do this anyone can nobody lives food more than me I just love different food now and much smaller meals
    Good luck any Thursday fasters

Lynda, Glad today was better for you.

Milena, you are a hoot, keep on walking.

Welshy I am sure you can lose that weight before the 24th, keep up the good work, you must be feeling better now you have lost your first stone.

Twiglet, glad you are back you have been missed. Great news on weight loss it must be amazing to be at your target weight, mine is later in year I hope. Hope daughter keeps improving, keep in touch.

Greetings to everyone else,

Fast day tomorrow for me think I am going to try a fluid only day again.

Audrey

Hi twigglet. You put us to shame. Hope your daughter is well on the mend. If you can do it with stress and worry, any one can.

Audtey, good luck with the liquid day. If just realised 3rd day nearly over, three fast days in a row. Dunno if I’m doing any good, but it’s interesting. I’ve still got 3500 steps to do before midnight, better get going before I decide to ho to bed instead.

Have a good fd day tomorrow, Thursday is my normal fast so will join y’all. Maybe!

Hi everybod!

At last it’s kind of summer here, and tomorrow promises to be better! whey hey! I have 2 days off work. I’ve been despondent with 5:2 this week and did a perfect FD on Tues, that is until 6pm, when I went “off piste” to put it mildly probs because I wasn’t at work? Anyway today, paradoxically I was very good on my NFD.

I am the opposite, I find it much easier to exercise than not to eat, and that has been my downfall, but am inspired with my Fitbit, I did 26,000 steps today! beat that, ok that does include the Zumba class I give, and had to “rehearse” a few new routines for a couple of hours, so I don’t think I’ll be notching that up everyday! but I did have a glass of celebratory wine, which was allowed in my Fitbit allowance and I’m not working tomorrow.

Twigglet, that’s really inspiring 🙂 I’m glad to hear your daughter is doing better

Welshy, that sounds like a nice target to aim for, good luck! you can do it!

Audrey, nice to have a bit of indulgence, when is the wedding?

Milena, have you done the sleep tracking on your fitbit? fascinating stuff, seems I’m awoken about 13-16 times a night

beldy

Best wishes to all, FD tomorrow, I need to be strong, sending positive vibes!

Audrey,

Morning beldyboop wedding is on Saturday! I am getting very excited now.

I feel dreadful today, I ate way too much fat and sugar yesterday and have spent most of the night awake feeling sick! Guess my body is not used to it anymore, and the way I feel now will be a while before I do it again.

Fast day today, good luck to all my other faster friends.

Audrey

Morning ladies,

Twigglet: glad to hear your daughter is doing well. And I’m very impressed you’ve been so good. If you can control your food when stressed and busy, you can do it anytime.

Audrey: enjoy the wedding this weekend. While we all encourage each other to be healthy etc sometimes you’ve got to enjoy life and there are more important things so make sure you enjoy yourself on the big daysnd not worry about food at all!

Lynda: that sounds a lovely fast day menu! I fasted yesterday but had nothing in the cupbaords! In the end I made a small portion of fresh pasta and added loads of green veggies and some pesto. I didn’t actually count the calories but as my plate was 70% veggies to 30% pasta, it’ll do.

Milena: have you done 3 fast days in a row? I’d be careful as you still need to get the nutrition from food. I also find the diet more effective by alternating days. I understand though-I find FD quite addictive as I get a kick out of knowing I’ve lost weight.

Beldy: if you cave in the eve after being so good (it’s so annoying when you’ve been good all day isn’t it?) then try and keep yourself busy. I’m in the middle of crocheting veggies for my daughters play kitchen and it can take a whole eve to make a carrot!

I’m on a NFDS today. Yesterday’s FD has helped me lose another pound so hoping I can get another FD in on Friday and lose one more. 5lbs to go to my first personal target of 1 and a half stone

Good luck to today’s fasters. Remember-you can always eat _____ tomorrow instead!

Welshy xXx

Hi Beldyboop

I feel like crying. I was out yesterday evening walking the last 3500 steps, second walk of the day. Ended on 10466 and was so chuffed until I read your post! Trouble is, without specifically walking, I think I must do sbout 500 steps. Scary, but I can get up, showered, dressed and be sitting at my work in 50 steps. I dont even venture into the kitchen for a cuppa st the moment. The idea of 20000 or even 30000 soinds a step to far – pardon the pun! Thinking of a walk along the Pentlands this weekend – 26 years in Scotland and never done that!! Amazing! Either that or shopping lol!

Hi Welshy, I had salmon and egg yesterday, on a small slice of bread, with salad, and a small glass of milk, so getting protein. Cant work out though why I would be worried – I have fat to burn, lots of it, so presume Im getting my energy from that, but a 3 day complete fast would be no calories, and three days isn’t a long time to fast. Im finding it quite interesting, doing another today. Must say I don’t feel hungry at the moment. Slight headache but I think that will be caffeine withdrawal, one very weak coffee and no tea this week.

Still no idea what works best for the longterm, but that is for the future, and I have realised that I used go eat a ton of rubbish, even though I ate healthily – as well! Having the one meal is interesting, being able to say no to tea and cake for supper was a victory.

Milena,

Sounds like you are starting to enjoy your fasting and exercise. I think 10,000 steps is a fantastic total well done.

Will post tomorrow then away for 2 weeks so will tell you all about wedding when I return

Audrey

Morning ladies,

Well weigh in and lost 1.5lb this week not quite the 2lb I wanted but it’s a loss.

NFD today going for another FD tomorrow that will be 3 this week need that half pound next week.

Have a good day ladies

Lynda x

Hi Audrey

I think I am!

Was just thinking of you, have a great water fast! Plenty of the clear stuff, will do wonders for your skin for those photos! Have a great time and post a pic of you in your posh frock when you get back!!

Hi there!

Lynda well done on the loss, great stuff!

Milena, really sorry, I think I put my cyber foot in it, the 26,000 steps, was a bit of surprise, and it wasn’t intended as a brag 😉 I do a lot of activity and would be a bit peeved if I wasn’t notching up well over 10,000 a day. You sound like you’re doing an amazing job with the fasting, the fitbit is so motivating isn’t it? I’ve felt quite depressed about this WOL this week, maybe cos I’m not at work,(should be celebrating!) although I have lost 7-8 Ibs, I’m now stuck and I’m obsessing about food, and find the FD’s long and grim, it has to be said, maybe it’s psychological, not sure. The exercise might be working against me in terms of weight loss/energy.

Has anyone tried start fasting at 12 noon (eat normal breakfast) continue til 12 noon next day type of thing, sounds like it could work, not sure how I would break up the calories.

Happy Fasting peeps!

have a fantastic time at the wedding Audrey cant wait to hear all about it , very interesting about the fit bit I do a bit of jogging and have done for years but recently I havent been out but doing the Milton Keynes race for like 10k end of June so better get my trainers on quick

interesting reading seems like theres a pattern of people adding in fast days and doing more , it does become additve . Originally I was fasting every monday and Tuesday and the rest of the week eating healthy things have changed a bit now and I try and still fast Monday but with 700 calories then until saturday I have been doing the 13.8 system effectivaly skipping breakfast then the weekends back to 3 meals and lots of it , obviously its been a struggle over the last few weeks but I think mixing it up a bit really helps with the weight loss

happy fasting

I think in the end we all find our own way to make this wol work.

When I was at mums I didn’t eat too much till evening meal and that seemed to work for me.

Still feeling pretty bad, got terrible wind as well thank goodness this is on line hehe…. drinking lots of water to try to flush system out, perhaps I need a plumber haha

Lynda well done on your 1.5 lb congratulations

Beldy, can’t help I am afraid I fast from evening till morning so go 36 hrs plus without food.

Audrey

Hey everyone!
    I don’t log on here too much anymore, as I had some harsh words spoken to me from someone and it put me off a little.

I have been on here before, but for those who don’t remember me – my name is Zoe, I have recently turned 22, about this time last year I broke my knee VERY badly and had a couple of diffult surgeries that left me unable to walk for 8 months.

Feeling sorry for myself and unable to work out, I put on a lot of weight and found myself at 13 stone, the most I have ever weighed.

I started walking in January, and as a result started my 5:2 and began my route to excersising.

I started by shedding 8 pounds my first week, then 2 pounds consistantly after that sometimes more.
    Now I am down to 9 stone, I am shedding up to a pound a week.

I also put on a bit of weight the week of my birthday, cake and meals out – and alchohol!
    Special occasion, but I lost it the week after!

So I am nearly at my goal weight, and my knee is still healing…

That is my story, a bit long winded, but I like to think it has a happy ending.

Heavens – well named cos heavens that is brilliant!!!

I presume you damaged knee has been a real hindrance, too, even more kudos to you!

What did you do that helped through the hard bits, can’t imagine it was all plain sailing.

Brody, you didn’t and certainly weren’t bragging, you just sounded pleased. The guy in the shop told me he was doing 30,000, and didn’t wear his furniture for work! As he looked about 18 I just reckoned that was the exception, you bring it home it can be done!, Crying because I realised how far away a target it is for me. I have always said I’m a couch potato, now I realise I’m Jabba the Hut. And there was me thinking I was Priness Leah, without the doughnut hair.

You’ve actually spurred me on – so thank you.

I’ve been self employed for eons, but the past three years mainly online, dead easy to sit in my jammies all day, but will have to change.

On the bright side, my resting heart rate is 62, apparently in the ‘excellent’ range – this for an overweight (only recently obese) woman of 58. Even funnier is next level up is athlete. Now that’s a target to aim for – roflmao!!!!!

My knee has been a major hinderance – it has been a year now, and it still collapses at random, so it is difficult when I am working out – always worried I will fall on the treadmill.

You are right, I did have some really hard times, but whenever I looked at old photos of myself in my little dresses out in clubs and parties, it motivated me to get going again.

I started watching old tv shows from my childhood while I was working out, like the xmen cartoons – and it all went so quickly!

hi heavens

working out with the knee, crumbs! My only problem is water on the knee, possibke arthritus in one, according to the doc. Seeing a difference, not finding they ache as much, but not sure they are going down much either. Just started in the gym but not doing anything to stress them, ie no weights, but will see how it goes.

Dont think I coukd wstch x-men cartoons again, but don has them all! I watch films while I work, sitting on the couch. So I really should do things away from the telly. treadmill and a book appeals.

Are you at target or still going down?

Heavens welcome back and well done on your weight loss.

It’s the wedding tomorrow so I am off up the m6 later today to spend the night at the hotel.

I hope the forecast rain does not dampen our spirits, as it is in a nature reserve it could get very muddy!

I am not going to be on the forum again for a while, we are off to caravan on Sunday for a much needed break.

Keep on losing,

Audrey

Morning

Had a bit of a meltdown yesterday was only half a pound away from my stone and this morning 3 lb away just couldn’t stop eating, I will always have a problem with over eating when I feel I let myself down by not reaching that target.

Well today’s another day going to have a few FD b2b to get back to where I was yesterday.

Lynda

Lynda,

Don’t beat yourself up, we all fail at times the important thing is that you keep on trying.

Put yesterday behind you, some of the extra weight could be food in transit.

Hope this helps

Audrey

Hi Linda

I was reading a blog yesterday, fairly sure it was by Brad Pillon, the guy who wrote eat stop eat – when I find the book for sale cheap will read it, anyway, he measured the effect of a large meal with friends, started – cant remember exactly but it went something like 176lbs – 179lbs 173lbs 178lbs. Fasted a day – he did a 24 hour fast, I think- 176lbs.

Was demonstrating mainly that the scales show snapshots in time, they are only tools. His advice was watch the trend.

I suppose because a trend will inevitably show ups a well as down, we should just not beat ourselves up about the ups – but of course we will!

Try some warm water with lemon juice to get the stuff in transit moving, usually works.

Hello everyone,

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts so I thought I’d add my two penneth worth. I’m 67 and I’ve been doing the fast diet for 10months. I only had a stone to lose and have lost 10pounds over that time because I probably eat too much the rest of the week. I’m now using it as a choice of lifestyle. And on the days I feel like I need to eat – I tell myself that I can eat tomorrow morning and I remind myself that I am doing it for the health benefits that Michael so brilliantly researched. It’s the only diet I’ve managed to keep to even though I’ve not reached my target. I have had illness to contend with too.

I’ve run diet clubs for clinically obese people in the past and know how hard it is to keep trying to lose weight when you’ve tried before. But time and again people said -” oh I’ve only lost a pound or a half a pound this week” Have you seen how much fat that is? Take the butter out of the fridge now and look and see how much you’ve lost and think of those organs being cleaned of fat girls. Visualise the fat melting away from those critical organs when it gets hard to look in the mirror.Its not all about the outside (but we do like to look good I know).

There were weeks, even when people stuck to the diet they might not have lost weight but do you know why ( and trust me on this) – they either weren’t drinking enough water; they were near a period; they were going down with infection or they were on antibiotics. I worked with hundreds of people in groups and this always panned out. However, one of the main reasons too was that some of them had some core belief that kept them from losing eg I’m not interesting, I’m not loved; Nothing good happens to me; I don’t exist; I’m bad; I’ll always be fat and so on. Core beliefs are hard to get to as well. So before you start, these can work against you – that’s why it’s so important to keep telling yourself you’re thin and beautiful even if you are overweight. Think yourself thin as they used to say. Get some motivating quotes and stick postits to the wall. One that is useful – “The road of 2000 miles starts with one step” ; And remember on that road there will be times when you’ve gone two steps backwards, there’ll be times when strangers will be unkind and you feel can’t go any further but like the cowboy who is thrown off his horse you’ll get back on it and take more control. ( ok I’ll stop now)

Before I started this diet, I did a strange thing called Tapping and I believe that it has helped me adopt the diet as a discipline/ way of life. At my age my weight would have kept on climbing especially when I got sick. It’s a fantastic technique which you can look up online. it particularly works well on pain and there is some science behind it.

Sorry girls I’ll stop now, I’ve just realised how much I’ve written. Hope some if this helps.

Hi Carla, I’d be interested to hear more about the tapping. I got book and CD/DVD as a birthday pressie but life interviewed in a big way and I haven’t used it yet.

Got through another FD yesterday with no problems. I think Stuart forgets that he gets 100 more calories than me….yesterday afternoon he brought me a cup of tea (black lady grey) and handed me a couple of oat cakes, so I reminded him that I was a FD and he ate them. Yesterday’s food intake was water oat and barley porridge, a small nectarine late afternoon, the second batch of the veggie goulash with cavelo Nero and 6 g of 60% chocolate. Interestingly I found the 60% chocolate almost too sweet so we will go back to the 72% and 81%. 6g is plenty and I find I prob eat it less than once a week .

It’s funny isn’t it what makes us melt down or wobble. I registered with a new Drs surgery on Tuesday and was weighed …93.5 kg .Afterwards we need food shopping and I had to really figt some self destructive urges. May be its a good thing I can’t find the bathroom scales!

We realised the other day that we had had in opened cake in the cupboard for over a week. As self confessed ‘cake hounds’ this unheard of and a first!

Hi Heavens welcome back and well done. Glad to hear the knee is healing. Must have been tough to rebuild strength after 8 months.
    I am still shocked by how much bum and leg mass/ muscle my husband lost when he was in a hospital bed for a month. He still hasn’t regained any of it and we desperately need to go to the gym.

I forgot to say that I got Stu to to put a couple new holes in my belt and I think next week I’m going to need more 🙂

Hello everyone

Thanks for all your help on getting me back on track all your helpful info much appreciated.

Lots to drink today for me to get the rubbish out of my system.
    Why do we do it? I should no better new DAY TODAY!

Enjoying reading all the posts today very interesting.

Lynda xx

Well done Heavens you have done brilliantly now your nearly there I would be interested to know how you plan to maintain? I lost my weight then I need new cloths as nothing fitted everybody warned me that I would continue to lose and I thought no way, but it has happened hopefully I will be able to maintain now as I am never going back to my old habits .

well done Lynda getting right back at it stay away from the scales I know lots of people weigh every day but during my journey I only weighed every couple of weeks I knew if I had a gain I would be imediatly in the fridge , I now weigh once a week but everybody is different I am trying to keep in a 4 pound window .

Have a lovely weekend everybody a

Audrey have a fantastic day tomorrow cant wait to hear all about it xx

Hi everyone!

Have not had a great week, and with hindsight shouldn’t have thought I could do FD’s while not at work, silly…have now decided to just have a “free” couple of days until I go back to work, Tues will be FD.

Carla, thanks for sharing your experiences with us, and well done for your weight loss. I thought it was so interesting your comments on the core beliefs, I’m quite certain mine do hold me back, I have another stone and a half to lose, but seems quite stubbornly staying!, I think I believe that if I get smaller I will lose my oomph!! and will become “invisible”, it’s not logical of course but nevertheless that’s my barrier. I will follow your tip and reaffirm
    these beliefs,thank you ;-0

I have had some fun with my Fitbit this week, and it does confirm that I am very active, hoorah! now what I need to work on is what I put in my gob! I have checked and despite the Zumba, yoga, running, walking, on most days I don’t create enough deficit in calories, or am just shy of -500, so never really lose that elusive pound…mmmm…it’s def more food than exercise.

Tara, yes it’s amazing what can make us have a wobbly moment, I’m such an emotional eater that both happiness and sadness can set me off, sounds like you’re doing a good job, love the “cake hounds”, that made me laugh.

Lynda I’ve been there!, I know how you’re feeling, hope today is better. Although I have some very on and off FD’s I do feel that I’m being a bit more mindful when I do overeat, and certain foods no longer hold any appeal…

Twigglet, it’s great to hear that you cam now buy new clothes!

Best wishes to everyone!

Hi Celtic,

I’m Celtic too by the way – from Wales!! Watch those CD’ s on tapping. Basically, you tap on the accupressure points whilst saying something like – “even though I ate too much on my fast day today I deeply and completely love and accept myself” And then you tap on specific points on the body with a shortened version of that even on your eyebrow point you say “I ate too much” and tap around seven times and move onto the next points. IT tends to work even if you’r sceptical – which I was but there seems to be some science behind it. I think Jessica Ortner has written a book on losing weight using tapping. Her brother is Nick Ortner, best selling author of The Tapping Solution. He also has a chapter on weight loss in his book. And if you work on a core belief such as yours Beldyboop, it’s more powerful. It apparently calms down the Amygdala which is part of the limbic system – where flight or fight feelings originate.

I’m not weird honestly girls – Paul McKenna has used it on phobics for years. I think it will become as mainstream as acupuncture in a few years. Someone has estimated that there are now 250,000 people using it today.

It’s easy to try and doesn’t cost you anything. Don’t do it on the bus though as Hollinger strange looks!!

I’ve only given you brief details here but you can look it up on You tube where people are using it for all sorts of things including abuse. 8th ok no you can also look at a couple of chapters on Amazon – you’ll get the story in The first chapter.

Well done Linda – over the past 10 months I’ve applied the 80/20 rule and given myself a break. 80% of the time I’m good 20% I’m human!!!

Hi Carla,

I’ve been using this tapping method for over 25 yrs but only on the front of my forehead. I tap and say out loud what I want to remember it’s never let me down, I say to myself while tapping my forehead I must remember to buy a birthday card or phone so so.

Lynda x

Morning everyone!

Well done to us all for surviving another week. I hope you’ve all lost, even if it’s half a pound, it’s still half a pound less than you weighed last week. I agree about visualising the amount of fat-I always imagine my weight loss in butter! This week I’ve lost another 2lbs, that’s 4 packs of butter I’m not carrying around with me anymore 🙂

Just a short one today as I’m shattered this morning-lots of half waking up thanks to some noisy neighbours and an early waking child. not a good combination. Hope everyone has a good weekend. And enjoy the wedding Audrey (and hopefully some compliments of how fab you look!) 🙂

xXx

Hi Lynda You can get a map of the tapping points on the web. I think you might find it on the Gary Craig EFT site. Great that you’ve used it for memorizing! I used it last month for packing to go on holiday (pathetic really) but I get really stressed out trying to think of what I need. I start three days before but always end up still packing between midnight and 2 am in the Morning. After tapping on it, I was done and dusted by 6pm the night before.

Think I need to do something on my diet now – last night I had a bar of whole nut chocolate and a dish of kettle chips!

Hi all
    Off to Cardiff until Sunday having a bit of gran time with Ruby on Wednesday and Babysitting Friday for the grandchildren.

Going to try my hardest to stay on FD Taking all my food with me to keep me on track.

How’s everyone doing?

Lynda

Morning!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. The weather was a bit pants here and we ended up being very lazy as we were both shattered. I thought I was naughty with my food but no weight gain so I’ve got away with that one.

I had a FD yesterday with my fitsteps class in the eve. Had lovely chat with instructor afterwards saying how it actually gets harder each week (and I’m sweating more!) as im doing the steps properly, rather than just learning the routine. Plus it’s in a poorly ventilated old school gym and the warm evenings make it a sauna! The instructor always says sweating is just fat crying! Some ladies turn up and seem to just walk through the routine, I’m not sure why they bother turning up!

Weighed this morning and I’ve lost a pound since yesterday so pleased with that. 3 more and I’ve reached the first goal I set myself-a stone and a half. I REALLY want to do this by next Wednesday (bf birthday). I’m confident I can manage 2lbs but the last one might not be possible by then. Fingers crossed though.

This week isn’t too bad-just busy with normal life: made Father’s Day & birthday cards with daughter yesterday which need finishing off today. I love this bit about mummy life. We’ve made a foot print into a racing car for Father’s Day and a hand print into a monkey for his birthday (he always calls her monkey). NFD day today and just enjoyed a bowl of bran flakes & raisins (my fav). I now find that while I get hungry mid morning after brekkie, I’ve now got the discipline to accept the hunger and not eat till lunchtime.

Who else fasted yesterday? Enjoy cardiff Lynda-that’s my old stomping ground before I moved to East Anglia

Welshy xXx

Hi Welshy,
    I had FD yesterday too. We don’t have breakfast of water porridge until noon. Got a bit hungry in the afternoon so had a couple of plain rice cakes but ended up sharing with the two dogs and the crow so it wasn’t too bad. Went to garden centre to get Stuarts anniversary pressie, met up with a friend and stopped at the tearoom, Stuart has switched to 6:1 so bought him cake. Very pleased I stayed focus and was happy with black coffee.
    Sunday is our first wedding anniversary ( been together just over 20 years) and Monday is my 47 birthday so will switch FD to Tuesday.Sat through to Friday this week might be a bit tougher as we will be out of normal routine …we have a beach hut at Sheringham for the week.

Hope you are all doing well
    Tara

hi everyone – what a friendly thread – day one for me today, with 3stone or 19 kg to loose! surviving on green tea and water at the mo…. feeling peckish but determined to try and only eat in the evenings as evening snacking is my downfall! worked out that if i loose 2lb a week i should be my ideal weight around mid october just in time for my 50th birthday!, im 12 stone now but need to get to about 9 stone, but ill see how i feel and as im 49 i dont want to get stick thin as them damned wrinkles will show lol!!any hints and tips would be fab – look forward to hearing from you all xx sara xx

Hi Sara,welcome. I’ve only been here a few weeks. I think I ve got around 5 St to loose. Aiming for something around 9.5 St
    I’m not so bothered by the numbers the goal is size 12 with healthy range % body fat.

I want to feel comfortable in my body, to be fit and to take up less room!

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 35,407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.