Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,979 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,501 through 6,550 (of 35,466 total)

• Where about are you all in uk im from south wales ( the valleys ) x

Cakey…

Well done on your three stone off…gaining the stone is upsetting..come and join our happy group.

Let’ us help you move your stone…and you can help us..😀

Jean x

I am from the N/E…East Yorkshire….near Selby

Jean x

Thank you kind people

I lost the 3 stone just following the rules.2 fast days and trying to stick to TDEE other days. Took me about 8 months, I lost a lot quite early then it slowed down to about 1 lb a week but some weeks nothing at all.

I never failed a fast day the whole time. But this year I’ve really struggled so wanting to find my self discipline again before it all creeps back.

Firstly well done to all those fasters today….good resolve shown by all, tomorrow you can eat…..

Audrey I am with you tomorrow but an 800ish day. Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your last day.

Jean

Yes the bookcase is really nice, you are really spoilt with that lively husband of yours, what a gem!!

Mino

Well done on getting through the day without going to get more custard creams…..this is definitely a weak spot for you.

Kay

Well done, it is difficult when you have someone with you eating something else. Jean and Audrey are lucky as their OH’s join them.

Hi Cakey

Nice to see you here, always nice to have someone swell the ranks, well done 3 stone is brilliant going and it shows others that it can be done.

Bryn

Nice to know your name, good luck for tomorrow, plan ahead, plenty of drinks, keep busy. No I’ve never seen the show.

Hi Cakey

Welcome the gain club, I have gained twice last Christmas and I found it really hard to lose again, now I know I have gained again but I will find out the damage next week. I too lost a lot, when I regained it I felt really overweight, more than I did when I was 4 stone heavier.

Stay with us, we share warts and all on here, you know when we are being good and we share when we are not. A really supportive thread I’ve always found. Audrey and I have been here from the very start, Jean joined soon after as well.

Nice to have people who understand you as well.

Hi Bryn

I am from the south about 5 miles from the sea.

Morning All,

What a strange coloured sky this morning…rain coming..lots!

Well I feel as if I am playing tennis as our pound is patting back and forth between us!
    I have lost the pound this week and Steve has caught it, 1 lb on for him!

It never bothers him he says the weight is coming down and it isn’t a diet…wish I could feel like him.

We are taking my project to school then on looking for knickers! I can’t believe I went to our largest M & S there wasn’t any for me, g strings No, boxer shorts No, and knickers under your arm pits NO…no normal knickers….I will go to Hull in the department stores and see what I can find.

Lunch out…day off….a small meal tonight.

Ginette..
    Hope you are OK in the South, lots of floods about..hope you got away with it. Good luck on your 800 day.

Audrey..
    Have a good pain free day and hope your weathers staying good. Be good while you are on your own.

Have a good day fasters..you can do it..

Will be back later pm

Jean x

Hey Guys

How’s it going. I’m starting to feel a little more like myself again, so that’s positive! Feel a little hesitant about expressing it, it always seems to come back and bite me. NFD for me. It’s overcast and cloudy here, at least that means it’s cooler.

Jean
    Maybe it’s an idea to not weigh yourself for a month, to stop that tennis match? And I know what it’s like to want a more laid-back attitude about things, but in the end we all have to deal with who we are

Audrey
    Hope you feel better and are in less pain. Hopefully your not having my weather there, in your caravan

Cakey,
    Welcome! It’s hard to feel like you’re slipping, getting back on track is difficult. Good luck

Bryn, good luck on your FD

Ginette, thanks for the explanation. I actually found Oxo on an online site of a local supermarket. Any interesting books?

Minols,
    Good job on your fast, luckily cookies and things were never really my thing. So I can’t really sympathise with your battle with the cookie tin, but wel done!

Carol,
    Hope you’re doing well

Have a good day everybody
    x

Morning all

Weigh in for me this morning, and I am 1.5lb down from 1st Sept, before my last holiday! Well chuffed!! Fat percentage still the same.
    I only had fluids yesterday, so know the reading is temporary but even so, its a new low point for me to bounce around at…lol

Got a few things to do to keep me busy and this evening we are attending a welcome to newcomers party in the village, which is quite sweet 🙂

We dodged the storms last night and the sun is out again today.

Audrey
    I hope your back is feeling better today and the weather is ok there.

Vi
    Glad you are feeling a bit better. Lets hope it continues!

Jean
    Good luck with the knicker search…lol

Cakey
    Welcome to the group. Well done with the previous weight loss, hopefully we can help you with getting back there and you can share your tips for success with us.

Bryn
    Good luck with your FD. Keep busy and if you start to struggle, come on here first, hopefully one of us will be around to help. Oh and I live in Dorset.

Minols
    Did you completely resist the biscuit tin last night, even though you knew the custard creams had gone?

Ginette
    Glad the bookcase is looking good. Good luck with your 800 cal day.

Carol
    How are you today? Remember we are here.

Anna
    Hows things? You ok?

And a big wave to anyone else here. If Ive forgotten you, its not intentional…there are quite a few of us here now 🙂

Kay

HI all
    Yes, Kay, I resisted the biscuits! In fact, all I had yesterday were 3 little pieces of chicken as the boy couldn’t finish his korma…I resisted the rice and sauce!
    Feeling quite chuffed, because I haven’t broken my fast yet. Going to walk home now in the sunshine and make myself a Caesar salad wrap…really looking for ward to it. As you’ll know, self-control isn’t really my forte, so enjoying the sense of control – a real buzz!
    How’s it going, Bryn. You’re approaching the tough lunchtime zone…lots of fluids and distraction techniques. You can get past this. It’s the habitual expectation of food that you need to break in the next hour – the hunger is nothing. Trust us, it WILL pass, and you will feel really good by mid afternoon! But you must keep your fluids up or you’ll get a headache.
    Good luck!
    Mx

Hi all

Ian is home safe and sound… I woke up this morning PAIN FREE! Imagine me shouting that… it’s the first time in years. My back is aching a little now but I am taking it as a good sign that perhaps the back op has worked…

Fast day for me today it’s difficult at the van to prepare fast meals do i have bought some soup…it’s my favorite Baxters highkand broth yummy! Another good thing is the dogs like to share it so I never have a full portion LOL☺.

Hope everyone is ok. Lynda you are very quiet are you about?…
    Welcome back cakeyI remember you…

Have a great day fast or non fast and remember together we are stronger. .

Audrey

Well yesterday was another disaster. Third FD failure. Migraines are back unfortunately.
    I need to regroup.

Hope everyone else is having better luck.

Carol

Don’t despair I have been there and done that. . Give yourself a weekend off but don’t go crazy food wise, plan your next fast day on a day you think you will have the least upset and try again…. whatever you do don’t leave the group we are all in the same boat and will support you through this.. You can do it honestly. ..

Shout if you need me

Audrey

Afternoon All,

I found some knickers not really what I wanted but they will do…every shop had the same so mine are a bit big for me not size, shape but not under my armpits…lol

Finished Xmas shopping for my daughter…all pepper pig things for Charlotte. Case getting full I will be screaming when our clothes start going in next week!!!!

Audrey…
    Glad you are feeling much better, hoping the op worked…enjoy your soup with the dogs,…lol…have a good FD.

Vi…there’s no way I could miss the scales out, l weigh three times a week…I am OK really, I would like my pound off next week to get to 28 pounds off or 2 stone before my holiday.

It’s nice to know you are feeling much better.

Ginette..
    The bookcase went down well at school a job well done.

Kay..
    Well done on your weight off ….back to pre holiday…..it’s nice to be pleased.

Carol…
    Stay with it…you will do it…..it’s hard when you are like this hope it passes and you get your head around it again. As Audrey says we are all here to help.

Minols..
    Really well done on your FD and your small amount of curry eaten….hope the harvest festival meeting went well.

Good luck to the fasters today

Jean x

Hi all

I have heard from Lynda. She is ok but has been busy with family . Will be back with us when she can..

Jean glad the bookcase was a hit..

I am getting hungry now lol

Audrey

Audrey…
    Crack the tin of soup…then I would think bed early….

…Lol…x

Hi All

I’ve had a busy day, I have been on a 5 hour virtual journey with my son. He rang me while he was on the way to somewhere and then again on the way back. He went to pick a car up and then wanted me to look up instructions to pair Bluetooth, after many false starts I don’t think his model has it.

Hi Kay

Nice that you are showing a loss even if it us temporary. Hopefully at least half a pound will be real.

The bookshelf is Jean’s project. Easy to get mixed up, I do that as well.

Mino

Well done on not eating biscuits.

I hope you are having a good day.

Hi Audrey

Fantastic news! I am so pleased for you, now don’t start overdoing things……

I have been busy on the phone so I have only had a small piece of toast and a peach, I’m going to get myself some dinner now.

Hi CMum

You will get back on top of things again. This happens to all of us, as you know I gave been going through a bad patch as well.

Off to get some dinner now….I’m really hungry so looking forward to it.

Evening all.
    Feeling pretty much the same. OH seems pleased with my bad week. Keeps telling me I need a break from doing this. Yes I am having a bad week but I’ve come to far to give in now. The holiday will be a challenge but at least he wont be trying to ply me with alcohol as he will have to pay for it instead of the usual all inclusive hol he books.
    I only ever drank because it was easier to deal with him when I was tipsy.
    Will keep trying to get back on track. Thank you all for your support. I’m sorry I’ve been so miserable lately.

Thank you for your warm welcome. Ending the day with a cup of soup and total 300 calories. I’ve managed 3?fasts this week so I know I can do it, just need to get some rhythm back.

Well done keeping your son company Ginette, shame about the Bluetooth though. Took me two years to figure mine out.

Did you stay strong Audrey? Hope day ended well X

Jean – your knickers story did make me smile!

Sorry to hear about the migraines mum 🙁 hope they’ve lifted now.

HelloMinols and Bryn and anyone else I’ve missed in my scrolling

Cakey…
    Well done on your three fasts..you are on your way again…glad my knicker story made you laugh..lol

Cmum..
    Sorry you are still low…Just be miserable and get it off your chest it will make you feel better….how long is it to your holiday? Take stock of things while away and enjoy it the best you can…draw the line after the holiday and try to get back on track.

Ginette..
    The blue tooth can be a nightmare…if anyone can do it…it would be you..shame his model hasn’t got it..

Audrey..
    Did you watch the caravan programme? or is it taped…hope FD went well..

Xx

Morning All,

Looks a normal sort of September day.

Just deciding what to do…we have a lock which needs repairing at the caravan, we may go and do that.

Other than that looks like a lazy day.

Ribeye steak tonight as a Saturday treat and wine….then full steam ahead for next week…

Have a lovely weekend all..

Jean X

Morning all

Fast day went well up to my evening meal then I ate everything in sight… ah well Monday is another fast day…

Jean I have taped the caravan programme to watch with Ian when he gets back to the caravan. .. hope it’s a good one, we watched last weeks and it acording to the gay men we are upper class caravanner’s lol 😆. ..

It’s chicken caserole today and I will try my best not to pig out later. The van is dirty so I am off now with my spray and shine to clean it…

Have a great weekend everyone

Audrey

Hey guys
    It’s still sunny here, or should I say agan, and so it’s hot again… and I feel bad again, you guys see a conmnection. But it’s good for my parents, they’re having a mini by the sea with some friends, my mom posted this picture on Facebook and the guy looks absolutely miserable… lol, though he tends to do that a lot.
    Last NFD, Thijs is making pancakes tonight so yay. Tomorrow it’s back to soup for me.
    Margreet is on holiday again, but just for the week, and at the end of that Ron will be back, so everybody will be around again- the people who work here are kind of like my closest friends… so. At some point in the near or not so near future I will be forced to move. It’s just that there os no way to tell when this will be. Basically I’m waiting for someone at the other facility to die, so I can have their room. Morbid isn’t it? Could be in two weeks, could be in two years, I haVE NO SAY AND NO WAY TO KNOW (sorry capslock) Why do I care? Because here I can control certain things, like (to name sonething innocuous) my bedtime, while there I will be at the mercy of whoever has time. The standdard of care I’m used to here, in other words, will slip. And before you ask no, there is nothing to be done. Other than to become a millionaire 😛 Plus, I will miss the people who work here terribly, they at least have time to talk to me while they help me. You might think I’m exaggerating, buit the sad truth is, I’m really not.
    I’m anxious about this, and I had to get it of my chest

Jean,
    Enjoy your treat

Audrey,
    I’m happy you’re out of pain. And there is always another FD, right? Enjoy your casserole

Carol,
    I’m so sorry about your huisband. Just try to focus on yourself and what you need. There will always be more potential FD’s, don’t worry too much about it.

Ginette,
    Happy about your time with your son. Bluetooth can be a real pain.

Sorry if I missed anyone, or if I made bummed you out with my story. I swear, generally I’m a positive person

Have a good weekend
    x Vi

Morning all

Well yesterday turned into my relaxed/day off as I grazed a bit at the buffet provided at the village newcomers party last night, in addition to dinner a little earlier!

So today normal NFD and will count the cals.

Audrey
    At least you had several hours fasting before eating yesterday. Dont do too much and aggrevate the back.

Jean
    Enjoy your treats later.

Cakey
    Wow well done with those fasts, you will have to share your secrets of willpower!

C’mum
    Its worth keeping going and trying, even if it doesnt last, you are limiting yourself compared to if you were letting.
    When do you go away?

Off out for a walk soon and then a chill out for rest of the day I think and the F1 highlights to watch.

Have a good day everyone

Kay

Vi
    That sucks 🙁

I used to work in Social Care so know what you are up against….its so sad. Heres hoping you get to stay where you are for a long time yet.
    Sorry you arent feeling too well either. At least this weather wont last and it will soon be cooler for you.
    Look after yourself and enjoy your pancakes later 🙂

Kay

Vi

You moan as much as you want to, I just wish I could help but I don’t have millions… I did get a message to say I had won 2 million poundsas my mobile number had been selected from all the others who had entered …. however as the message was on my mifi box…. and I hadn’t entered any competitions…… I didn’t ring them back with my bank account details LOL 😆😆

Hope I made you smile…

Audrey

Lol Audrey….cant believe you didnt ring them back with your bank details 😉

Haha, lol, they try that on me all the time, Audrey, strangely I never call them… :p

Hi Carol

Try to enjoy your holiday despite him. When do you go?

How is your daughter, any more news of the hospital?

H Cakey

Well done on the three fasts. Yes I’m sure he will get it sorted out, he dies a lot of travelling so this is really necessary for him.

I shall investigate the best system for him.

Hi Jean

I hope your day goes well, have never had ribeye although I hear it is very nice.

Hi Audrey

That is just what I do at the moment, although normally on a non fast day. I hope you quickly get back in control and don’t take the time it is taking me to. I am glad your back seems ok now though. If only that money were real, I’d settle for a few thousand for a newer car.

Hi Vi

I used to teach people with special needs and moving houses was always a bit of an uncertainty. Somethings it turned out for the better, I hope yours does.

Hi Kay

Enjoy the day, F1 not my cup of tea, I don’t like to watch any sport, I used to play some though.

Ginette

We use Google maps… it has live traffic reports tells you if there is a better route to take and best if all its free!

You just need to buy a holder for your phone and a charger for the car…

Hope this is of some use

Aud

Hello all, can I ask some advice please? I’m not doing fasting but my son wants to give it a go. He’s 22 and likes his junk food 😕. He bought Michael Mosley’s book plus a recipe book and we did a shop so all set to go. I think both our concerns are whether he can cope at work on fasting days. He only works 4 hours a night but his supervisor is a bit funny about allowing water breaks. Think someone needs to inform her of duty of care but hey ho! I worry about him driving home if he’s feeling iffy.
    Any thoughts really appreciated, thanks in advance 🤗

Hi, Shirty

The easiest thing I can think of is for your son to try fasting on a day where he wouldn’t normally work, that way he canh test the effects on his body. You can have meals on Fasting Days too, so he can always try eating before work.

Hey Ginette

I know, I’m just in such a good place now. I just hope I won’t have to move anytime soon. But the thing is also I know what that other place will be like, I lived in such places before

x

Hi Shirty

My husband fasts with me, he works 12 hour nights 4 on 4 off. He just fasts on a day when he doesn’t work, the only problem is when counting your calories on your 1st night in you tend to go over your TDEE but it does equal itself out on your 1st night off.

Hope this helps

Audrey

We have just had the most wonderful meal …not 5.2 by a long way but very enjoyable..

Symba enjoyed the ribeye with cream on the side… A very spoilt pussy…

Ribeye steak, mushroom, cream, garlic sauce..peas, tomatoes, onion rings and jacket potato…a bottle of merlot wine…finishing off with magnum ice cream…coffee with cream and whisky and plain chocolate…

What a way to finish the week…..low day tomorrow…..

We are on track for the week ahead…😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

Hope you are enjoying your weekend as we are….lol…lol

Jean x

Way to go Jean!!! Even though I dont eat steak, that sounds yummy!
    Ive just devoured baked camembert followed by salmon en croute with new pots and salad.
    There could be rum and raisin ice cream with my name on it!!!!!
    And Im not even going to talk about my glass…lol

Ah well enjoying today, plenty of days to be lean 😉

Tomorrow is another day Kay…that’s life…next week we will ge be strong…..those pounds will roll…loll…lol

Oh dear I have taken myself off to bed to avoid temptation. …too many treats and i have even opened a bottle of wine! Well I am away I suppose…

Going to turn wifi off soon so will say goodnight and see you all tomorrow

Audrey

Night night Audrey…. X

Morning all…at last, a weigh in day when I have lost a pound – yipppeee! I’ve been waiting for this pound to go for weeks now, it seems. Now, I know, I usually find my lost pounds again a few times before they really do get themselves lost, but I’m determined this week that this pound stays lost and I can crack on to losing the next one.

So today is a FD – not a fluid day, as I’ll eat reasonably normally when my OH cooks the now habitual fish and rice. But it’s a busy enough day to hopefully not be too difficult, and there’s a pile of ironing with my name on it for during the Grand Prix this evening!

Anyone else fast on Sundays?

Mx

Morning all

Minols Audrey is doing her happy dance just for you… although there is not much space in the caravan may have to happy dance outside instead lol well done…

I am going to have to get my eating under control am getting really bad with nibbles. ..

Hope everyone will have a good day off to walk the dogs… back later

Audrey

Morning All..

A lovely bright day today.

Just had cornflakes this morning with raspberries on top…first since March…when Hemmy and me decided on fruit only breakfasts…..I will possibly be hungry quicker today but nice for a change.

A light day for us after yesterday…but MM says feasts and famine..😀…take him at his word…lol

Minols..
    Really well done on your pound off….I am really with you on this mine keep coming and going but I am generally going in the right direction…

Have a good FD and also a good work day….enjoy your OH fish and rice.

Audrey…
    Caravan time at its worse for nibbles….why are they there? Ian could of taken them home. Your name isn’t on them!!….lol…

Enjoy your walk with the dogs.

Grass cut today, car wash again……

Speak later

Jean X

Hey guys

Another FD for me, they seem to be popping up a lot… I’m still having a difficult time with fasting, my body goes into “expel” mode when I drink all those fluids and I can’t eat anything with them, but I made it through all my FD’s so far, I will make it through this one too =)

Kay
    Oh my .. your meal sounds so good to me. Are you a pescatarian? Is that a thing in England?

Jean,
    Same, that meal sounds so good, even though I can’t really eat steak. Hope you enjoyed it and it won’t give you too much trouble with your ‘tennis match’

Audrey,
    Those nibbles, huh? Hope they were at least good for you, and that you will see Ian again soon

Minols,
    way to go on that pound!! See that biscuit- tin war wasn’t for nothing

Sorry if I missed anyone
    Have a nice Sunday

x

Oh what a morning

I have gone from dancing for joy to being Mrs mopp… my bathroom tap has leaked all over… I ran for my neighbour who has managed to reconnect it but thinks it may be faulty so I need to get it changed. Water water everywhere ….. However I now have a very clean floor… hope you are all having a better day than me…

Audrey

Morning all.
    Busy day today. getting ready for my grandsons 9th Birthday party at my house as always, as well as getting ready for our holiday on Wednesday. Cakes a flop. I’m usually pretty good at cake decorating but not this time. Maybe its my general mood that’s jinxing everything. Didn’t help when the cat licked off the end of the word Birthday. Diet still a struggle. Feeling like I’m in a room with no doors.

Minols
    Well done on your 1lb loss. You must be happy with yourself. Hopefully you’ve broken your plateau.

Back to cooking cleaning and blowing up balloons.
    Have a good day all.

Oh no, Audrey… it really seems like it’s all coming at you. Luckily your neighbour was able to lend a hand

Hey Carol,

Just have fun at the party. Don’t worry about the cake. Most kids only really care what it will taste like. Go on your holiday, then put a libne under it and start again diet-wise

x

Hi I’m Stuart from Derbyshire

I have been on the 5.2 for 4 weeks and have lost 12lbs , I can say the first week of fasting days was hard but trust me it gets better and the none fasting days I dont fancy the big portions I used to have. I have cut out sugar and bread , I am so glad to see so many people that’s doing it.

YOU CAN DO IT IF I CAN YOU CAN I HAVE VERY VERY LOW WILL POWER

All the best Stuart

Hi Audrey

I use that as well. I think it’s great and what a bonus that it is free.

Hi Shirty

Here is a link that might help, woman magazine often has loads of recipes in in. They also gave downloadable packs.

http://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/diet-food/diet-reduce-calories/slimmer-dinners-meals-under-300-calories-31299

I hope he takes to it, if he can stick to it at first as soon as he sees the weight coming off he will be motivated. Try my fitness pal to work out calorie limits for NFD, he won’t be able to binge on non fast dats without putting weight on.

I hope this helps.

Hi Vi

Such a shame they wasn’t to move you when you are settled.

Hi Jean

You sound as if you had a really good time yesterday.

Hi Kay

You do as well, I love Camembert, especially with crusty bread…..

Hi Audrey

Oh dear……you don’t NEED to follow in my footsteps you know!

Hi Mino

Well done on your pound loss. Have a good fast day.

Hi Audrey

I would love to see the faces of others when you happy dance outside…….

Hi Jean

I normally have fruit and I used up some crunchy nut cornflakes today, fruit ready for tomorrow……or Tuesday as I forgot I am going out on Monday for a meal.

Hi Vi

Have a good fast day.

Hi CMum

Enjoy the birthday and then get back into control next week, made me smile about the cat.

Hi Stuart

Well done on your loss. Yes it really does change eating habits but some of us have a blip now and again and get back into old ways, I can think of three of us on here at the moment.

Hi you two and me, I think that only the fast beach diet will sort us out again, what do you think, not next week though??

Vi…
    Well done on the fasting you do more than us, you should be pleased with yourself.

Audrey..
    Sorry on your leak…hope it’s not done too much damage…water like that is not good in a caravan. Good job you had someone handy to help.

Carol..
    Hope your day got better..have a good birthday party….I remember those sort of rooms, full of people but you was on your own!

Make the most of your holiday the break will do you good…hopefully.

Stuart..
    Well done on your 12lbs off a great amount…keep going.

Ginette..
    All OK at your end…are you having dinner with Pam.

Kay…
    Are you fasting with us tomorrow?

Jean X

Hi all

The day has got better thankfully.

Jean I am joining you tomorrow for Monday fast day..

Ginette we need to get our heads knocked together… we both know how to do this. Together we are stronger. .

Have a great evening all

Tennis is on must dash. Come on Dan. …

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 6,501 through 6,550 (of 35,466 total)

You must be logged in to reply.