Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,984 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 7 hours, 28 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,301 through 6,350 (of 35,471 total)

• Hi cmum

Take no notice of him… I am at mums next week but is it ok if we postpone meeting up I am not sure how bad she has hurt herself.. can perhaps meet up next time I am up if that’s ok with you? Would be lovely to put a face to a name…
    Although I can’t call you cmum to your face that would be too weird…2 mums is one to many LOL

Aud

Hi CMum

I hope you and Audrey get to meet up.

Hi Audrey

It was a disastrous fast day, I finished up with porridge after dinner…. Got it bad. I’m glad yours was better.

Morning all,

Thanks for all your support, I have been struggling a little but thanks to a successful fast I am joining jean in the 2lb loss dance!

Ginette you know how to contact me if you need support, but you can do this I just think we have got a little fed up and both have lost our way a little bit… together we are stronger my friend, we can do this …. be mindful for the next couple of weeks until your kitchen is sorted out and then perhaps start a new, set a target for Christmas or the new year. ..

Off to the van tomorrow I am ready for a break…

Have a good weekend all

Audrey

Morning All,

Lovely and bright here rain arriving pm.

We have decided to go to a local yearly caravan show, showing the seasons new caravans but we won’t be buying. Just a walk around and a bit of stepping. Break the day up.

Audrey..
    Really pleased for you 2 lbs off a good FD paid off. A very happy dance from us…Have a rest up in the caravan but stay mindful like us, although taking a bottle of wine I may not open it.

After our feast day yesterday, was it worth it No both feel grotty this morning. I have had half a grapefruit for breakfast and I really didn’t want it. Steve said never again!

I think eating healthy is now throwing our body into a wobble on unhealthy food!! Sugar spike!

Ginette …
    What can we do to help you? you are busy and upside down at home maybe when it’s all sorted like Audrey said maybe it will get you back in a routine.

Draw a line and try for your next FD we all have these days. Our feast day was good but really not worth it today to how we feel. We should maybe just have a normal NFD!

Cmum..
    Just continue fasting igore your OH, you are doing well and for yourself..😀..I never feel tired but I do struggle sleeping on a FD night, but it’s worth it to loose weight.

You have loads to do helping your daughter, little ones no wonder you are tired and not sleeping, it’s worry! Hope it’s soon sorted.

Have a good weekend everybody…speak later

Jean X

Hi Audrey

Well done on your 2lbs loss. Enjoy the break away in the van. I’m off to Pams early today to take her shopping.

Hi Jean

Enjoy your break away, when are you going? Let’s hope you aren’t tempted by another caravan…… I’m sure I will get back into routine soon. X

Ginette..

Not tempted to another caravan nothing rang the bell!

Hope you find Pam a bit better, only have a small piece of pie!!

We are away early in the morning back Wednesday a bit of a rest. Weather is supposed to be good but I hope not too hot. We have a couple of hours drive.

Hoping to pop by if we have Internet.

Xx

Jean, have a great break. ..

Ginette I too will be in touch, as and when I can… back home a week on Tuesday.

Audrey

Hi Jean and Audrey

I am off to Pam’s in a minute, we are going shopping hoping that it is quieter in the supermarket after 4. Bacon sandwiches for breakfast, melon for lunch, and pie and chips I imagine for dinner. I shall swerve Pam towards healthy foods if I can but get her to buy herself some treats, ones that I don’t like (not much that I don’t though).

I will be on here less as I shall be with Pam more.

I hope everybody else is doing ok.

Hey guys

Not even going to talk about how I feel I just wanted to wish Audrey, Jean and Kay a very happy break. Although for Audrey it’s more like make the best of it <3
    Hope everybody is doing well. Fast day tomorrow. NOT looking forward to it
    x
    Vi

PS: Minols, do you not share ‘the boy’s’name on purpose, otherwise I’s really like to know =)

Audrey
    I didn’t realise it was your mum not far from me that was injured. No problem, we can meet up another time just hope shes alright. I’m going away on the 20th Sept for nearly 3 weeks but so anytime either side of thoes dates.
    I’m Carol. I became caspersmum when I had a great Dane called Casper. He passed several years ago now. It was so upsetting I wont have another dog hence my 2 cats.

Saw your post about Charlotte covered in paint. Children and paint don’t mix. When my daughter was young she bit into a tube of superglue and got all over her. I had to take her A&E because one hand was stuck to her forehead and the other stuck to her stomach which was stuck to itself. Was very traumatic.

Still feeling very tired. Im hoping its because of my sleep problems. Will have to try and sort it out some how.

Rainy day here and I cant be bothered doing anything so I wont.
    Have a good day.

Carol.

Audrey and Kay..

Enjoy your time away …looks like a good weather week.

X

Carol..

That glue must of been traumatic …I am always wary at using them…..at least we could laugh at the paint.

Where are you going on holiday?

I think you really need a rest, it will do you good…you have been so busy.

Jean X

Hi all
    We are not going to the van after all… my back is still a bit sore and we both think it would be too much travelling for me.

So Ian is going to pop down and check its ok cut the grass and come home…I am resting up ready for mum…

Hope my camper friends have a good time… Jean have a glass for me tomorrow night…

Cmum it’s good to meet you Carol. .

Audrey

Jean
    We are going on a river cruise for a week followed by a tour of Romania, Bulgaria then 3 days in Athens. Should be interesting.

Audrey
    Nice to meet you to.

Carol…
    I could quite fancy a river cruise I have been looking at them for a couple of years…maybe one day.

Your tour sounds very different, it’s nice getting away from the usual holidays. You will have to tell us what you think when you are back.

Audrey..
    Sorry to hear your backs troubling you again. I must admit Steve’s not too good either, ok but not good. You will have to take it easy at Mums she usually gets you doing all sorts and I think the garden is out of bounds!

I think the wine is stopping at home…thinking on that one not decided yet!

Take Care

Jean x

HOpe everyone enjoys their breaks, and behaves themselves! I know what you mean, Jean, about feast days not being as enjoyable…just need to remember how I feel afterwards before I start!.
    Vi – the boy is Calum, but he’s usually referred to as ‘the boy’…don’t ask me why! It might be because i’m terrible with names, and often get my husband’s and the boy’s names mixed up – generally call my husband ‘darlink’…terrified I’ll confuse his name with an ex-boyfriend! But here, I’ve picked up the shorthand of others, and he is becoming OH.
    Anyway, as long as I sleep well tonight, I’ll be fasting with you tomorrow.
    Mx

Couple of bad days. How do i get back on track

Hi Nini – draw a line under the past. What’s done is done. Try not to beat yourself up about it, we’ve all done it, but today is a new day. If you can fast today, do so, and those of us for whom this is our normal day will check in every now and again to encourage you…and keep ourselves going, too!
    Good luck!
    Mx

Morning All,

Just a quickie to say …all stay strong and on course…have good FDs and stay mindful.

Audrey hope your back eases up soon, Steve is not so bad today or so he says!

Nini as Minols said draw the line and try again when you can fit a FD in. It does get easier.

Minols ..
    We are fasting today instead of Monday thought it a good day while travelling.

Ginette..
    Hope you are feeling stronger, see how you go.❤️

Hoping to pop by but not as much depending on wifi and on phone…see you all Wednesday.

Jean X

Morning all

Feels very strange I had got myself ready to go to the caravan but now not going. .. I overdid things yesterday trying to be superwoman cleaning ironing cooking etc and now set myself back again!

Hope everyone is ok, will be back in touch later, have a good Sunday and happy traveling to those out and about

Audrey

Hi All,

Arrived safely and all set up. Sitting in the sun a bit windy but nice.

FD going well, lamb chops on the BBQ tonight with salad.

No Merlot brought so I am trying hard, maybe a G and T tomorrow, lower in calories.

All quiet on here.. Enjoy your weekend

Jean x

H Carol

Nice to meet you. Your tour sounds interesting, are these places you have been to before?

Nini

I agree draw a line under it and move on.

Hi Audrey

Sorry you aren’t well enough to go, it is important that you get better though.

Hi Mino

Are you keeping away from that cupboard. Anything tempting around us isn’t good. I went shopping yesterday, I normally do an online shop, being in an actual shop meant I bought a lot more things that pin I wanted most of them bad for me.

Oh Jean

No wine, why don’t like try schler I know that spelling isn’t right, the one that Hemmy used to dink. Looks like a hot one next week, enjoy it as we must be coming to an end of it. Weather report below.

http://dailym.ai/2bZvwsU

Hi Vi

You don’t sound too good, a new day is usually better, believe me we all have bad days.

Hi Jean

Glad you arrived safe and sound. Is the site where you have to go up the hill to get a signal?

Audrey

It must feel really strange, a bit of an anti climax I think. I heard from Fran, remember her on the other thread. She was the one who ate all the cheese 🙂 she has just had her gastric band fitted and will fill me in later, she says every day when she weighs she loses 2lbs. I hope she can have her other ops. I’m not sure if anybody else here knows her. I just thought you would like an update, she lives in Canada.

4 lb up
    whole week of bingeing and head out of control

what next?

don’t know

HI Nini – how’s it gone?

Hi All,

Just had a walk out to a cafe at a woodland centre… Really lovely cakes but we said NO, just a coffee.

FD gone really good today, just finished our lamb chops and salad really lovely it hit the spot, I put half an apple and half a peach in the salad..ummm ummm. Lush.

Ginette..
    We are at a different site in Northamptonshire although we are supposed to be in Lincolnshire ..lol.. We can get a signal and wifi. Nice site.

I like proper wine I did try what Hemmy drank wasn’t for me.

Hope you are doing ok today, and you have Pam sorted.

Audrey..
    Rest up before mums. Really don’t be doing gardening for her or you will be laid up again.

Hope the fasters are doing well, that’s us for today all good. 😀

Vi..Lynda,
    Hope you are both feeling a bit better today.

KT..
    Draw a line, tomorrow’s another day, go back to the book read up see if it can motivate you. It did me..

Jean x

Hi Jean – glad your FD has gone well – now tuck up in the van away from temptation!
    Survived the lure of the biscuit cupboard today. And the OH is away for part of this week, so I’ll give myself children’s portions with the boy, and enjoy fun food but in small amounts!
    The new week starts tomorrow – full of possibilities, and we can forget what’s gone before and start afresh, eh?!
    Mx

Hi Nini
    Don’t beat yourself up. We have all had ups and downs. The beauty of the 5:2 is if you have a bad day move on and try again. It gets easier.
    Keeptrying
    Im a binger and have had bad days myself recently but I wont beat myself up about it and will just keep trying until my heads in a better place. It is doable so just start every day fresh.
    Minols
    Well done on resisting the biscuits. I’m going to try and get back to more sensible eating this next week. Well that’s the plan. FD tomorrow for me.

Afternoon All,

A bit drizzley but now dry.

We have had a walk around Stamford this morning, a very old English town. Really interesting.

All quiet on here hope everybody is being good.

Trying hard to be mindful of eating.

A reading afternoon a bit of relaxation.

Take care

Jean X

Hi all

Fast day for me, spent the morning in a garden centre looking at spring bulbs for mums garden and Katie garden too!

Hope everyone is ok like jean says very quiet on here!

Keep in touch everyone together we are stronger

Audrey

Hi KT

Believe me I know the problem, stress is sometimes a trigger so you need to work out a way to get out of this spiral, start to have good days, then more good days than bad and you will see it will right itself in time.

Hi CMum

As with KT you are tight with people like us, we can’t dwell on it just put it behind us.

Hi Jean

Weren’t you good no cake, the walk sounded nice.

Fast day for me today.

Hi Audrey

Remember not too much gardening, you need to look after yourself.

Coffee

We haven’t seen you in a while is all ok, please don’t just disappear. Xx

Hemmy……are you out there? We could do with some support here and we can support you xx

Hi All

I’m pleased to say I gave the soupmaker out. Just making some courgette and tomato soup. I’ll let you know how it turns out. 93 calories fir a big bowlful. I love my soupmaker. I put my recipe in my fitness pal for future use if I like it, oh……excitement I can here it pinging to say it is finished. 21minutes abs also reduced courgettes!! Great, I think they were 12p for three and I have another packet of them if I like it.

I know it is going to be boiling hot this week but it is cool today.

Needs some spice and tomato was a bit too overwhelming. I shall adapt this, I suppose it’s trial and error.

Any one else got any courgette or butternut soup recipes for fast day?

Hey guys

Fasting going well, still feeling very bad

KT<
    Forgive yourself and start over with a clean slate. I am not an emotional eater or binger, but I do tend to eat more when I’m in a lot of pain, so I sort of know where you’re coming from.

Ginette
    enjoy the soup, I like Miso myself or chicken

Audrey
    Take it easy and feel better

Jean
    Enjoy our holiday and don’t worry about the calories (Did you bring the scales this time, too/ 😛 )

Minols
    Callum is such a cute name =)

Today spiralized veggies with tomato sauce from a packet( I know, bad!, but I can’t do my own cooking. and some goat’s cheese
    x Vi

Hey guys

Fasting going well, still feeling very bad

KT<
    Forgive yourself and start over with a clean slate. I am not an emotional eater or binger, but I do tend to eat more when I’m in a lot of pain, so I sort of know where you’re coming from.

Ginette
    enjoy the soup, I like Miso myself or chicken

Audrey
    Take it easy and feel better

Jean
    Enjoy our holiday and don’t worry about the calories (Did you bring the scales this time, too/ 😛 )

Minols
    Callum is such a cute name =)

Today spiralized veggies with tomato sauce from a packet( I know, bad!, but I can’t do my own cooking. and some goat’s cheese
    x Vi

Hi all

Very quiet on here hope everyone is ok.

I am going bed now had a good fast day looking forward to crumpets tomorrow. .. going to get food shop in for mum tomorrow will try to keep it pretty healthy. I am making a rhubarb and summer fruit whip to take with me no cream cakes this visit although we are having lunch out on Friday…

Talk again tomorrow night all

Audrey

Good fast day but was called to my daughters house because she was sick with a tummy bug and unable to look after her baby and 2 yrs old. Lots of vomiting and runs which made it difficult to breast feed her baby. Poor girl, this along with everything else she’s had going wrong. I really hope the baby doesn’t get it as it would be very poorly. Hope she feels better tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Morning everyone,

Sorry I have disappeared completely. Been having some very stressful days and I am soon moving to a different place too, so it’s been hard to keep up with things online. Will be catching up this weekend. Hope you are all well.

xxx Anna

OH Cmum – your poor daughter. Hope she’s feeling a bit better today, and the child’s immune system is up to keeping him well.
    Mx

Morning All,
    A better bright day today.

We are going to Rutland Water this morning a large lake/reservoir, maybe an ice cream.

Cmum…
    Sorry to hear about your daughter everything is going wrong for her.hope she soon feels better.

Ginette..
    Enjoy your soups, I like them in hot weather.

Audrey..
    Safe journey to mums and take it easy watch the gardening.

I must have a go at your rhubarb recipe.

Vi..
    No scales with me, weigh in Friday.. Hope you soon feel better.

Anna..
    Good luck on the move.

KT..
    Hope you are keeping it together.

Minols..
    Hope the biscuits are in the tin!!

Have a good day

Jean X

Hi everyone, hope you’re all ok. I’m feeling very disheartened today. Ive been attacking the gym and I’ve done two fast days and eaten well, 90% of the time and I’ve only lost 1lb? Is that normal?

Morning all

Non fast day today hurrah!

Can’t say much busy packing and cooking ready for mums tomorrow.
    Cmum hope daughter is better soon.

Love to all

Audrey

Hi Danielle,

1 to 2 pounds per week is about average. Took me a year to lose 45 pounds, so less than one pound per week. If you are very overweight the initial loss will be faster, but it averages out to about 1-2 pounds per week.

Hi Vi

I hope you are feeling better today.

Hi Audrey

Glad to see you are making your rhubarb whip again. Hope you find your Mum well.

Carole

Your daughter does seem to be having a difficult time of it, reviving from one thing and then getting another. I hope the baby’s ok, no fun for a two year old to get either. Keeping you busy.

Hi Jean

Enjoy you day out, overcast here but very warm. I only eat tgem in the winter, my Favorite is the mix from Aldi with parsnips.

Hi Danni

Sometimes you get a better loss on week two, if you don’t have much to lose that is still good. A lot of us here with a fair bit to lose would be happy with that.

Crash diets aren’t good so although they might show a bigger loss you can put this straight back on.

Hi Bigbooty

Yes that is a good loss overall.

This is a bit from trust me I’m a doctor that is on tonight. About eyesight.

http://dailym.ai/2caff8N

Hi All

I’m up after about 1.5 hours sleep, plasterer coming at 8, so I didn’t have much choice. I imagine I shall fall asleep in the chair later. Really quiet on here yesterday…… Anybody out there, I need to be kept awake today.

Morning All,

Grey day but very warm.

Packing up and on our way home about 10am. It has been a lovely break and quite relaxing. Lovely area we both would like to come back.

Sorry you have had not been to sleep Ginette you sound very much like Steve, I don’t know how you both cope with it I would be so ratty I love my 8 hours (9 hours last night) sleep.

He is on different meds, painkillers, and I think that causes it.. He should try and wean off some, I just don’t take tablets I know sometimes you just have too.

Good luck on the plasterer and there’s not too much mess, it will look nice when he’s finished then the painting can start again.

Safe journey Audrey. Hope mums much better and watch your back.

Speak later

Jean X

Morning all

Off to mums in a few minutes will be in youch as and when I can.

Ginette good luck with the plastering today… Jean travel safely

Bye all

Audrey

Hi Jean

Lovely that it was relaxing and Steves back held out. I suppose the roads will be busy with people returning to get children back to school. I can’t say that I am sorry they have gone back. It has been really noisy here lately. Peace reigns now……

I normally have a sleep in the chair when I gave had a really bad night.

He says he will be finished by 2, so not too bad.

Meds can be really bad for causing other problems, they help some and cause others. I have to take them, no choice. Epilepsy ones I have had since I was 6. Blood pressure a few years now as well although increased in the last couple of years.

I don’t wake up in a bad mood as some people do but when lack of sleep kicksin after a few nights I find it hard to function.

Meant to be a warm one today……

Hi Audrey

I hope you find your Mum well, I’m sure she will look forward to seeing you. Plasterer said there won’t be too much mess, most of the doors closed and things in the kitchen covered.

Have a good journey xx

Viewing 50 posts - 6,301 through 6,350 (of 35,471 total)

You must be logged in to reply.