Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,972 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 12 hours, 19 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,951 through 6,000 (of 35,459 total)

• Audrey and Cmum…
    Hope you both feel a lot better tomorrow.

Lynda like you I like food too much..

Xx

Hi CMum

You do need to eat when taking medication normally. I find water days too difficult.

Hi Lynda

I agree easier when we are on our own but I have given in to treats today. Thankfully weather looking cooler tomorrow so I shall feel much better then, today it had been really hot and muggy, still over 23 now and 60% humidity. I hope some rain will clear this.

Hi Kay

Yes I shall be fasting with you all tomorrow xx

Morning all

Well it’s Friday fast day I hope you are all ready???

Anna if you need help or start to wobble just shout out. I find it easier to keep telling myself its only one day….tomorrow u can eat…

My back seems a bit easier this morning although I am very very bruised… I have been putting arnica on to try to help it..

Weigh in day tomorrow for me it’s looking very good so far.

Have a good day everyone keep in touch together we are stronger.

Audrey

I feel a bit guilty with you all fasting today

I have only been at mum’s since Monday and – according to her scales – I am putting on weight
    despite sticking to my woe, and walking, and only cheats I have had are 1 lime soda and1 diet coke
    I mean
    for goodness sake

this is when I think – well – body – if you are determined to make it look like I am a big cheat, I may as well HAVE a big cheat
    grrrrrrrrrrrr

have to get back to chewing spinach leaves when I go home 🙁

its stupidly hard to eat out low carb unless you go to somewhere a bit more expensive
    because when everything is served with chips/bread/pastry/pasta and peas
    when you take that away there is very little left

to me its easy – meat/fish and veg but of course most places don’t really serve veg.

sometimes I have salad but they often fill them with things I don’t like

so I end up having loads of eggs, and I expect many of you understand when I say that is not always a good thing!

off to Henley in a bit, I think
    will be nice, even in the rain
    used to go there a lot with dad and the children

hope you all have a good day/fast day
    xx

KT don’t get despondent

You have come a long way, you can do this….

Audrey ❤

Good morning all,

Audrey, lets do it! I will soon be having my coffee which always helps with appetite in the morning, since I woke up so hungry :O Will try to push till 2pm and then have something little before my dinner. Hope your back gets better eek 🙁 Shout out too if you need any extra support. Will try to be active on here throughout the day while working on my dissertation.

KT, whenever I go out and the food has a side of chips or other carbs that I don’t feel like having, I always ask if I can replace them with something. And most of the time, everyone has been ok with it. Very rarely do they say “No, we only serve them with chips :|” which is silly in the first place. And don’t worry about weight, if you have been sticking to your calories, there may be other reasons the number is higher than you want. 🙂

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

xx Anna

Morning Anna

Yes I am up for the challenge today too… I have pre cooked my pasta for my meal tonight, ginette said something about it changing to fibre if you do this, I find it makes meal times easier… we are having heck sausage in pasta sauce, I am making my own pasta sauce for the 1st time ever, so that will be eventful LOL 😊

All my allowance gone in the 1 meal, but I find it easier than to split my meals up. .. we each find our own way on this WOL..

Keep in touch

Audrey

Morning All,

A very cloudy day today.

We have both lost 1 lb each, I thought I may do another but no 😬…I thought all my hard work might of produced more but at least I am not on a plateau!

Steve’s off for a play on his bike before the rain arrives and I am off to have a few hours at my daughters.

Audrey..
    Glad you are improving take it easy, the bruising will take a few days to go.

KT..
    Just keep pushing on like your name says…we all have plateaus you will win in the end, feel positive.

Good luck to the fluid fasters today…😀

Must dash to get ready and go, speak later in day.

Jean X

Good morning all. Well the weather has changed for the worse here. OH playing golf, he wont be out for long.

Didn’t enjoy my liquid only FD yesterday. Might try a third normal FD again tomorrow. My weight loss has definitely stalled. Its very frustrating.

Audrey

That’s very nice of your mum. Just let me know and Ill pop over and say hello.

Off to my daughters to see hows she’s feeling today.

Have a good rainy day all.

Cmum hope daughter is soon diagnosed and on the mend, such a worry, how are you feeling today?

have a good day all..

Audrey

Hi all

I have been busy making a pasta sauce was quite easy and a lot less calories than the shop bought ones. .. although I have now got tomato sauce all over the kitchen walls and cupboards plus on my white top!! Eek lol

Anna and Co how are my fellow fasters doing? Hope you are staying strong…

Audrey

Hello Audrey,

All going well 😀 I just had a small mug of porridge to get rid of tummy aches. Always makes me hunger go away for hours too. For dinner I will mostly have mixed veggies and quorn, big plate with very little calories. Pasta and sauce sounds yummy, hope it’s turned out well 😀

Just a quick check in to say all is well so far on Fasting Friday 🙂

Im going for liquid only, to make up for yesterdays bad day!!
    Once Ive made it to this evening I will be fine. Mid to late afternoon will be my hardest time.

Whats that about cooked pasta and fibre??

Hope its not too wet where you are….its pretty yuk here at the moment.

Kay

Hi Anna and Kay glad you are both doing well..

Kay, ginette posted something about cooked pasta ages ago I am sure if we ask her nicely she will explain it to you… it’s something to do with cooking and then cooling pasta changes it from carbs to fibre! At least I think that’s what it does. . I just do it that way now because it makes the evening meal quicker. …

Keep it up girls we are doing great….

Ginette are you ok?

Audrey

Just made loads of sugar free jello for snackies to come in the evening ;D

Hey everybody. How’s it going especially for you fasters? It was a nice sunny day here so I went grocerie shopping, and got lots of fresh fruit.
    We’re having tortila pizza’s tonight, and tomorrow my aunt and uncle are coming to visit. Lol, Audrey. does your kitchen always get it like that when you cook, or was this a tomato-related incident?
    Good for you Anna, that you’re doing well

The thing with the pasta is: if you cool it down and then reheat it it will only contain a half of its original calories. There’s a topic on it In the Science section of this forum

x

Vi

I am a menace with a blender in my hand! Even the dogs run for cover when they see me get it out the cupboard. ..lol 😀

Thanks for the pasta explanation I knew there was a good reason I started doing it!

Have a great day everybody keep on fasting my fellow fast friend’s

Audrey

Hi everyone my name is dawn just found this forum. i have been doing the 5 2 diet for six weeks now and have lost 11 lbs this is great as i have been on every diet going.i am finding it not to bad on fast days just go to bed a little early if im hungry. I also have fish and chips and chocolate once a week, also wine at weekend and still loosing weight this is great. still got 3 stone to go.

Audrey

I watched a TV chef talking about why Italians are not overweight as a nation even though they eat mostly pasta. He said its because they eat their pasta quite firm and the body digests it differently using less of the carbohydrates in the pasta. Its how I eat mine now.

As for my daughter, nothings improving. She’s now been told by her GP surgery that they don’t do post natal checks anymore. What she really needs is a good post natal check. I’m going to get her to speak to the midwife on Monday. Arrangements are already being made for someone from the hospital to go to her house to go through her medical notes and explain why things went wrong during the delivery. Even her husbands been offered counselling due to the trauma he experienced. I was a nurse and I cant believe how bad things have got now. You really have to be on your toes when your referred to the hospital for anything. I once argued with a Consultant and he ask me if I was a politician. I expect the medical profession to treat patients like people and sometimes they just talk right over you. I must sound really bolshy, Im not really, honest.

You all sound as if everything going good with today’s fasters…keep going..😀😀😀😀 I am keeping watch !!!…lol

Dawn…
    Welcome to our corner…11 pounds is really good going…after I had been on 5.2 for a couple of months I took 2 carrier bags full of diet books to the doctors book shelf…no need for them this is the only diet needed!

Going to local pub for meal out and drink….Our day off today 😀

Jean x

I didnt know about cooking and reheating pasta….I’ll have to have a read of that…not that I eat it very much!

Starting to struggle….tempted to switch to a 400 cal fast rather than a fluid fast, but I’ll try and hold out a bit longer!!

Hi Dawn

Welcome to our group. You’ll find lots of support and advice on this forum. Ask questions, rant, vent. It’s all good with us.
    You’ve had a good steady weight loss so far which is great. It does take a few weeks to settle down so your over the worst now. It is the easiest diet I’ve ever done and I’ve tried them all. So keep up the good work.

Hi dawn welcome to our little group lots of help and advise here.

Kay you can do this…. just keep drinking liquids for as long as you can, but, if you need to swap for a fast day it’s still a fast day so that is good.. When I do liquid only days I find the hunger passes after a while, just wait a bit and see…

Cmum just a protective mum that’s all you are,nothing at all wrong with that..

Anna are you still with us? I am just thinking about food now. ..

Ginette are you ok? Thought you were fasting today?

Audrey

Cmum, I can’t believe the treatment you are receiving. It’s very upsetting. Your daughter needs to get checked asap 🙁 is it not possible to get her to another place for treatment?

Yap, I’m here Audrey! I have just finished dinner cause I was hungryyy. My calories ended at 700 though 🙁 I was home all day and it’s so hard to not have a couple of munchies, especially when you are writing your dissertation and are super stressed. Better luck next fast day for me I guess! Though 700 is not too bad I suppose. How’s it going for you?

And hello Dawn! 🙂

Hey Anna, if you stick to 700 that’s not a bad start…. and you students do need food in order to study, although my daughters insisted it had to be chocolate hehe lol 😀

I have just had my James Martin pasta sauce with 3 heck sausage grilled and cut up into bite sized and 150g of pasta, it was absolutely lovely. ..I will definitely be making it again, although next time I am going to make 3 times the amount so I can freeze 2 and when I make it put it into liquidiser so I don’t redecorate the kitchen walls again ..it worked out at 444 kcals in total and totally worth it…

Got to go and wash up now, a woman’s job is never done, talk later good luck my fellow fasters, we are nearly through our day and so far it is successful. .

Kay stay strong, shout if you need us. Let me know how you end up. Good luck

Audrey

Sounds lovely Audrey, very yummy dinner! Glad the day worked out well for you 🙂 and thanks, just need to be more organised with it next time and plan my day better. Next will be Tuesday and I have work on that day so I will be distracted.

H All

Sorry I have been listening to a talking book…… Yes I am fasting, so far so good and fish in sauce and vegetables tonight.

Hi KT

Never pay attention to other people scales, they differ so much.

Hi CMum

Let’s hope it gets moving soon, a period of staying the same is not unusual though. I do it quite often now that I have lost quite a lot of weight, it will start moving again.

Having been to Italy and eaten with a family for a week the one thing I noticed is far more fruit and veg, no rubbishy treats, pasta at every meal, although just a little, small portions of meat. No potatoes to speak of either. Yes spaghetti or pasta is always cooked al dente, still with some bite….the leftover pasta they fed to the stray cats outside, who seemed to really enjoy it.

Such a shame that your daughter is not getting better treatment. Maybe they should just do a check on those who have had complications, this is surely needed.

Hi Audrey

Dinner sounds nice, have you tried the zesty chicken ones? I’ll go and find the link to the past info and post it below. You can always get your steamer out for the kitchen ….

Hi Anna

I hope the day is going well for you, I find the opposite, porridge always makes me feel hungry, I have it as a treat in the evening sometimes though. Yes I like sugar free jelly on a fast day as well, nice and really low.

Hi Vi

Enjoy your visit tomorrow. The sun has just come out for the fist time, it has rained all day but is still humid, not so hot though.

Hi Dawn

Welcome to our corner, yes I think we would all join you in saying how good this diet is. Allows us to have treats now and again.

Three stone is really achievable I have lost over this on 5:2 in a year and a half. Sometimes losing quickly other times it is like walking uphill in mud with wellies on. But I then look back when I’m struggle and look at the overall picture, it does help me when I’m struggling.

Hi Jean

Enjoy your meal out.

Hi Kay

Do what you need to, it will still be a fast day. Water days I think are really tough, I don’t do them. It will still be a successful fast day if you do have 400 calories.

This diet works for me because i know i can eat normal on my non fast days. i do monday and thursday as my 500 calorie day i start with a few spoons of yogart and a few berries at 7 o clock and then wait till 5 or 6 for my evening meal normaly a spinach omelete and a peice of chicken,and plenty of water.I try not to think about it. I go to bed and knowing i can eat what i want for the rest of the days keeps me going.lost 11 lbs in six weeks that is mad i had fish and chip one day and a few wines love this diet.

Thanks it is nice to talk to people and get the support and to know how everyone are doing with their weight loss.

Hi Dawn

We have all found good support here, people here cheer us up, occasionally if needed give us a pull along when we are in need. Plenty of shared experiences, nice low calorie meals and it is nice as you say to share the experience.

Here is a link for anybody who wants it for the reheated pasta.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/11167883/Cool-and-reheat-pasta-to-make-it-less-fattening.html

I WAAAAAAAAAAAANT CHOCOLATE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH 🙁

Thanks ginette,

I knew you would still have the link. ..

Not tried the other heck sausage will look out for them at tesco.

KT you leave the chocolate alone, it will only make you sick!

Audrey

Hi KT

For those times went you really want chocolate, try freezing a low fat chocolate dessert, this is what I do, it then takes ages to eat as it is rock hard.

Audrey, you’re welcome, I shall let you know what I think of them when I try them, probably Monday with an omlette. I have a bust week next week, doctors one day, funeral the next, mot the next.

Funeral day is Pams after.

Let me know how you find the pasta, I nearly always have made my pasta sauce with a passata base. I have only had pasta once or twice since I started this. I really love it and couldn’t stop at a bowlful.

I could live off of baked potatoes and pasta. Not good though as it always makes me hungrier.

Enjoy yours.

🙁

the pasta info is interesting
    how do people reheat it? oven/water/microwave?

however I think its a bit of a misnomer that Italians live on a pasta based diet

I understand they eat or traditionally ate largely veg and fish with some fruit and meat
    as well as ‘some’ pasta and other starches but in small amounts

not Italian though, so no expert, only saying what I have read

Hi ginette I really enjoyed my pasta and my sauce, I find it much easier to pre cook and then cool down, makes for a quick tea time…I can also recommend making your own sauce but be careful when you pulse it LOL 😈😈. .the steamer has already been out!!

KT I heat my pasta in the microwave I also cook it in there too as I have a special pasta cooking bowl! We eat lots of pasta although not as much as we would like…

I love Italy, went a lot when I was younger….happy memories

Kay how are you getting on? Anna are you ok also?

Audrey

Hi All,

Had a nice meal out and pudding oh dear I never do that, 40% off voucher so I had too….he…he

Feel very full already saying no food or very low food tomorrow..that’s the way it goes….small tummy now..lol..lol

Cmum..
    I feel so sorry for your daughter, she really needs to see someone…can she not go back to hospital and see the consultant. It’s a big worry.

KT..
    Keep off the chocolate…

Ginette..
    We are not a pasta family…maybe the way I cook it, always feels rubbery..you have a busy week ahead..

Vi..
    Enjoy your aunt and uncles visit tomorrow..

Friday Fasters..
    Glad all the fasters are doing well…nearly over now for you…well done…

Have a good weekend

Jean X

Audrey – mum did laugh when I told her you told me not to eat the chocolate as it would make me sick!!

Hi Audrey

That is why I use passata, I just to run an Italian restaurant and if the chef was off I was the chef, I can remember doing one Saturday when it was heaving, I did 90 covers, the owner was Italian but he was in hops pitfall having an op on this day.

Hi KT

I cook it in water, finish in the sauce so it takes in the flavours, then I reheat in the micowave, I haven’t cooked any since I found out about the healthier way in the article, I am worried I will get hooked. I always use wholemeal as it is difficult to tell the difference.

Hi Jean

Your meal sounded lovely, it sounds like something I would do. They have offers on at the Toby but I want to wait until September for this.

They do a lovely salad KT if there is one near you and tonnes of vegetables, easy to avoid potatoes there.

Hi all

I am going up to bed soon, it is really the only comfy place at the moment for me!

I have ended my day on 484 kcals so a very successful fast day. Weigh in day tomorrow will post on here.

Good luck to my fellow Friday fast friends hope you finish the day off ok thanks for your company!

Night all

Audrey

Hi all

I made it….fluids only. Im now in bed to avoid temptation as Ive had a frustrating day and feel fed up – often at this point I would give in and eat for comfort, so pleased I have avoided that!

Well done Audrey and Ginette. And Anna…well done too, you have still had a low cal day 🙂

Hope everyone else has had an ok day.

I dont think the weather is any better tomorrow, so that will be limiting again, but I think it picks up again after the weekend 🙂

What are people up to over the weekend…Ive got nothing planned as yet.

Kay

I have had a great week diet wise 3 x fast days only eaten good food no treats at all and…… big drum roll…..4lb loss!!Audrey is up doing the weight loss happy dance never mind the sore back..

Hope my fellow fasters are all showing a loss too, thanks for all your help ladies…

Off now ian at home so busy today

Audrey

Good morning everyone,

I hope you all have a great day today, even though the weather is pure booooo! 🙁 I will be a little inactive today as I have to focus on my writing. I’ve struggled so much with my dissertation writing lately and I have to get it done asap as my deadline is getting closer. I could destroy some dessert lately but will be sticking to my sugar free jello:P Might be going out with my partner for food later as I really want to be looking forward to something.

Regarding the Italians and their pasta, since I’m originally from Greece (been in the UK for 5+ years now), I think in their original diet it was very similar to us. Before food got accessible, for us it was vegetables, fruits, dairy products, very little meats and bread as the only processed carb. Things have changed now, processed food is a lot more common and the main problem with weight gain :/ and the meat.. it’s almost everyday on people’s plates. But it’s almost impossible to avoid processed food nowadays, it’s everywhere! You can’t lock yourself in the house 😛 So, as everyone says, it’s all about moderation.

Speak later! xx Anna

Morning All,

A cloudy miserable day.

Cleaning up then off out for a bit of a top up food shopping…boring boring… pop in a cafe for lunch..I will be mindful. 😀

Audrey…
    Really well done 4 lbs off is great, it will soon come off a few of AFDs you always get back on track….its these caravan holidays which are a killer, we are away again early September!

Anna..
    Good luck on your writing day….something which I should be doing, rainy week coming I may get the computer out. ( not for a dissertation though)… I usually get my head down and the day flies, it’s just getting motivated to start!

Long time since I proof read for my two daughters…time really flies..21 years and 23 years ago. They both got good jobs it was worth it and the expense in the end!!

Well done on all the fasters yesterday hope it shows some weight movement…

Have a lovely weekend everybody

Jean x

Another rainy day here to.

Audrey
    Excellent weight loss. You must be being really good.
    I’m not doing so well though. Doing my fasts but nothing is happening. Problem for me is I need exercise but with my knee and hip problem its difficult.
    Keep up the good work.

Hi all

I love the scales after a FD….even if the reading is temporary!
    I am down 2 lbs from my post holiday weigh in on Tuesday…woo hoo….just need to hold it there or come back to it for this Tuesdays weigh in!

Im off out for a couple of hours this afternoon to meet up with some friends and there will be cake, so Im going to save myself and not eat until then. I went shopping yesterday so I will plan and healthy tea. Might be out to the local this evening, which will mean a couple of glasses of wine….but its ok I had promised myself a Free Day today and a low cal day tomorrow.

Anna….get your head down and get typing, then you can relax this evening and have a break from it.

Well done Audrey…..thats fabulous…hopefully that will keep you feeling strong.

Cmum…dont worry about the exercise for now and keep going with the 5:2, it will start moving.

Ginette, Im the same, I dont cook pasta anymore since reducing the carbs although Im tempted to try the healthy way but even with wholemeal pasta I dont want to be reminded that I love it!

Wave to everyone else. Off to do chores etc.

Kay

Hey everyone

It was a nice and sunny day but now some clouds have moved in and look like they want to stay. My aunt and uncle came to visit, and it was nice and good to catch up (although my aunt is my self-assigned diet-buddy so we chat every day anyway) and she said she could really see the diet working, and that I was getting to be a small girl again ( Was that supposed to be a compliment?) My aunt has her stomache shrunk, but she still weighs the same as before – she just ate her way through it, by having very many tiny portions a day -, so she is still struggling. I am too, as I can never get any exercise. It’s a bit of an uphill battle.

Audrey
    That’s an awesome loss

Kay
    Good for you for getting back on track and shedding the infamous holiday weight.

Jean
    How was the pub? Hope you had fun

Anna good for you for making it through your FD unscathed. I remember that nose to the grindtone feeling from when I was at Uni. Keep at it and good luck

Ginette, I love pasta and all Italian food. I’m planning to do courgetti sometime this week for one of my FD’s. Let you know how it goes?

Cmum. Don’t worry about not losing anything. Stress can be a big factor so maybe when your daughter is doing better, it will be easier for you. Keep to ‘the program’

Today is my last normal day, so we’re having bami, with minced meat, I don’t know if I said that right, it’s the meat you make meatballs out of.
    Tommorow is my last FD this week, so I”ll be having chicken soup
    Hope everyone is having a good day
    x

Hi Audrey

Fantastic loss, well done, I always weig on a Tuesday.

Don’t make your back worse with all that dancing xx

Hi Kay

I’m glad you got through the day, yes I’m with you about pasta. Avoiding it is much easier.

Weather here wasn’t good first thing, now the wind and rain have gone and the sun is out, nice gentle breeze as well.

Hi Anna

I agree, processed food is everywhere, I also often think that if the put a sugar tax on sugar content in all foods that would be better, the more sugar the more tax, low sugar foods could have just a little tax, high sugar content foods more, what they get from this to be shown as reduction on fruit and veg.

I worry about the children, I didn’t ever drink fizzy drinks I did eat a lot of carbs though. Everything with chips and plenty of bread. I don’t know what the could do about this maybe better education all around.

I put on a lot of weight when doing my Certain Ed, so much time studying, researching writhing and then typing. This was the start of a big weight gain.

Hi Jean

Enjoy the caravan breakers (although not too much) you probably won’t have many left this year, do the places you go close down in the winter?

H CMum

Let’s hope we start losing again soon.

Coffee how are you?

Thanks everybody

I have been fancying something sweet so have made my rhubarb whip with sugar feee jelly and sweetner… Ginette you would be proud of me, avoiding all the sweetie aisles in tesco and sending ian to get the crumpets so I didn’t go anywhere near the cakes, bread and do nuts….

We can do this together, one fast day at a time, because together we are stronger.

Have a good weekend whatever you are doing

Audrey

well done Audrey – very impressive!! its so nice when your hard ‘diet work’ is rewarded

Thanks KT

Hope you managed to stay away from the chocolate. .. Glad I made your mum smile too! Just tell her from me to hide all the good tasting bad things….

Have a good weekend

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 5,951 through 6,000 (of 35,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply.