Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,932 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  myonlineclasspro 2 hours, 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,001 through 6,050 (of 35,419 total)

• Cmum..
    Just keep going the weight will move, we have only just starting to excerise our weight has moved without it…..maybe just a bit slower. I don’t think it makes a lot of difference.

Hope daughter is feeling better and getting sorted.

Kay…
    Nice about your loss hope it keeps off for weigh in day. Enjoy your afternoon out and evening in pub…my day off was yesterday..

Vi..
    Nice your aunt noticed a smaller you, we all want compliments, maybe you can get her on the 5.2 and help her.

Our pub meal was OK, we call it here plastic food, not cooked from scratch but it was a nice evening. We both said our stomachs are getting smaller which is good….it was soon full.

Ginette..
    We go away early September for three nights and continue caravanning throughout the year. February is the only month we don’t go as usually there’s snow and ice about. It can stretch to about 6 weeks then.

Have a nice night with Pam.

Audrey..
    You are very good sending Ian down the cake aisle… After our day off yesterday we are back on track, although Steve noticed the magnum in the freezer, so we have had one but counted in the calories, a bit high really!

KT..
    Hope things are good with you.

Anna…
    Keep typing get it all sorted and keep off the nibbles.

Lynda..
    Hope you are feeling better and results won’t be long coming. Have a good weekend with hubby.

Dawn..
    Are you keeping on track and shout if you need any help.

Jean X

yes managed to keep away from the ‘naughty’ foods
    I felt like I had binged so much yesterday, yet I didn’t even go over 1500 cal

pulled it in tight today, so should be around 800cal again

poor mum, she has spent so many years worrying about my weight and eating, but still cant give up wanting to ‘treat’ me
    although she doesn’t offer quite so much now!!

KT…
    That’s mothers for you..lol

X

Hi Audrey

Yes I am proud to see you are making all the right choices at the moment, I had rhubarb last week. I might make a jelly this week.

Hi KT

Well done on holding it all together. It shows how much you are improving. You too are making better find choices.

I think that it is good that as long as we make better choices most of the time we can still have a trat day without it really affecting us.

Hi Vi

Always nice when someone notices.

Hi Jean

Oh dear, you just have to get more in control then, it is a shame not to enjoy it but maybe this way you can work out what treat days you can have but still be strict other times.

Yes off to Pams soon, I’m just having a cup of tea before I leave.

Your all talking about cakes, chocolate etc. My weakness is cheese, crackers, crisps. Being gluten free does help with binging on these things except for the cheese unfortunately. I’m sure the weight will start to move soon but I’m away in Sept and its the flight that gets me wound up so I wanted to lose a few more pounds before having to sit in the plane seat dreading if I can fasten the lap belt. I’m ok up top but have the hips from hell. I’m very pair shaped. Its a family thing unfortunately. Its the last place weight comes off me. All the talk of caravans and camping sounds so chilled out but my OH wont have a holiday unless he gets on a plane. I long for the day I get on a plane without feeling stressed. More M&M’s have appeared but Ive ignored them.

Wind very blustery here this afternoon. More rain forecast but sunny on Tues and the rest of the week. Fingers crossed.

Cmum..

I am sure you will be fine on the plane, don’t worry the weight is coming down, slowly but it is…think next year you will be so much lower and sod him anyway…you are so much stronger.

Where are you going?

I don’t know if it was you with bad knees?? If not…..I have also always been pear shaped all my life….but I have been like doing squats, sort of bobbing up and down on the spot. Doing it when I can through the day…5 mins to 10 mins a time, my hips are now the same size as my top…hour glass…lol …because I can’t always walk with my bad toes I thought it would be better than nothing for excerise.

I didn’t expect to loose my hips!

I am sure you will enjoy your holiday.

Xx

Hey Cmum

I’m sure you will be fine, but if you’re really anxious about it ask your GP for some muscle- relaxers. My sister always does that; she’s a very nervous flyer and she’s skinny as a reed
    x

Hi all.
    Sorry not to have been around much – I’ve not forgotten you, but life has got really hectic. Probably will be for another week, and then I should be able to get back to a more normal routine. I’ve managed another couple of FDs…they are a bit like the calm, controlled parts in a storm…I never thought they could be managed in the whirl of everything, but I’ve really benefitted from the control they represent in more than just food! OH not keeping great just now, and his condition is always better when I manage to cook simple, high protein foods from scratch – more work but so much better in the long run, and the spin-off benefit is that the freezer is now full of leftovers that will see us through this last week of busyness!
    Even just putting down my thoughts in the peace and quiet of this morning has been beneficial and helped me see the good things woven into the last couple of weeks.
    Have a great day, everyone.
    Mx

Morning All,

A very bright sunny day today…I thought we was having rain all week…not complaining.

Off to daughters this morning for a family get together, looks like lunch and cake…she is good she will think carefully for me…😀… I hope.

Minols…
    You are always busy hoping it goes quiet by the end of next week. Sorry OH isn’t well hope he improves. Good the 5.2 is improving all corners of your life. Have a lovely busy Sunday it must be nice to have a lovely day to finish the week with.

Speak later

Jean x

Symba

I to have always been pair shaped even when I was slim I was a 12 top and 14 bottom. It was in my mid 30’s life got difficult and I turned to comfort eating. My hips went huge, size 26 but my waist was fairly slim. Now I have terrible saddle bags which is whats causing me problems on planes. I’m not scared of flying just very embarrassed. I think it will be fine (fingers crossed) but I don’t know. I’m now an 18 top and 22 bottom. Although my top has been much the same all along, its just my hips.

Hi Jean

I hope you have a nice day with your daughter. About the 5;@ and my aunt, i can only say I tried. She thinks the 500 cal days are too hard. It’s just too grueling for her. We tell each other every day what we’re eating, so that’s sort of a support and a way to keep each other in check. I think she gets munchies though, and doesn’t tell me about that, Or goes out with her husband and has a lot of treats which she doesn’t really count. I think if anyone is a food addict in my circle it would be my aunt. She says it’s like bolimia without the vomitting.

I hope everyone is doing well
    FD for me. Had a difficult time again with the eating gap, so I had cucumber slices. Would that derail the health benefits, do you think?
    Oh yeah, its really miserable weather, too 😛
    x

Hi All,

Back from daughters and a naughty buffet, I don’t think was too bad…..I have now decided to start my fast so it will be a day and a half!

Vi…
    I don’t think the cucumber will hurt its all water…better than a biscuit..lol..lol have a good FD.

Cmum..
    A 22 is a lot better than a 26…you are doing great…going down.😀

I don’t know what the TV weather is all about its beautiful and hot here!

Hope everybody is having a good day..

Jean x

we go out
    we see people eating
    eating so much
    eating and drinking all the things we want to eat and drink

they are thin
    but they still eat and drink those things
    I am fat
    I cant
    its meant to be good for me
    its meant to make me feel better
    its meant to give me bags of energy
    I hate this
    I really hate this
    I want food
    I have a headache
    I feel tired
    and I still hate myself
    I knew I would
    I knew losing weight wouldn’t cure who I am
    but right now I am so damn sick of this

ok
    sorry for all that self pity
    just needed to get it out

Hey KT,
    sorry you’re having a hard time. Can I ask how long you haven’t lost any weight for. Maybe it’s not as bad as think it is. Often we can make ourselves a little crazy.
    I get it you know. People who live here with me literally eat 5x as much as me and are sticks. As for me NOOOO! But I want to be happy with who I see in the mirror again and I’ve given myself a year to acheive that goal, and that means I have to make sacrifices now… so that’s what I do… with my goal in mind.
    What’s your goal? And are you a guy or a girl. Not that it really matters. I just like knowing who I’m talking to

keep your head up
    x Vi

oh bless you
    I am female, 50’s
    and very impatient ha ha

have been losing weight since January,
    am a bit of a head case I am afraid, so things get to me too quick and too much
    I have lost weight most weeks

its not that i am not losing weight
    i am just tired of doing this
    just feel saturated by it all

I think we all have those days. I most definitely do. I just tell myself to stick with it and tomorrow is another day. We all get impatient, but we can all do it. It’s not a sprint; it’s a marathon
    good luck
    x

KT
    I thought this was a poem lol
    We all get fed up of the skinny minis that can eat anything and we only look at cake and put on.

Your doing really well to keep on the WOL.

Lynda x

Hi All

Hi CMum

Yes you will be ok in that plane, you have lost so much weight let’s hope you don’t need a seat belt extension as that will make you feel much better.

Hi KT

Sorry you are having a bad day, I can’t seem to get out of this rut either. I just went out and bought chocolate, but I went out purposely to buy it, I’m so annoyed. I really am in one of those spirals. Feeling cross, frustrated and then eating…..or is it because I am eating the wrong foods that I feel like this. Either way I need to get out of it.

Hi Jean

That was interesting about the squats. My knees ache when I do them but if the weather stays cool I shall start on the Wii.

I have bought a Bluetooth speaker so I shall take my talking book and start tidying that will make me feel better.

Hi Mino

Yes when I am in control I feel so much better. I agree there is much more than losing weight to this, many other benefits. I just need to get back in control.

Hi Lynda

I though it was a poem as well…….

ha ha, sorry, I often write like that
    especially when I am in a ‘state’
    and people always think its a poem – I guess in a way it is

going home today
    think it will be easier when I am not going out for coffee/lunch etc as I wont have to watch what other people are eating all of the time

ginette – don’t beat yourself up over the chocolate, although I know how you feel
    I haven’t had any yet – partly because I am terrified of not being able to stop once I start

Beginning week four 5:2.

I’m now used to the fasting and apart from a rough hour on Thursdays I can handle it. Strange how you imagine you would feel weak but I actually feel fine and seem to concentrate better on fast days.

Weight changed from 87 to 85 kg in first two weeks but no further – not really surprising when I was deadlifting 140 kg yesterday…

My weakness is weekend beer…

Morning all

New week for us all, let’s gets motivated. ..

Its a fast day for me today, I have had a good weekend and am showing a lb up… never mind my fast days should soon sort this out.

Busy today, got to rush off sorry, have a good day all back later

Audrey

Hi all

Quick note as off out!

Fasting here too Audrey so lets do this!

Weight up due to being too relaxed, but never mind…back to it.

Have a good day everyone.

Kay

Morning All,

What a terrible dark day this morning.

FD for us this morning, a bit of housework then off swimming later.

Audrey, Kay
    We all seem to be on that pound up and down, our social events get in the way…it will come off. Let’s get fasting…..lol

Ginette..
    Sorry you are having a hard time at the moment, I think we all go through it at some time. Eat all the chocolate up then it’s gone and draw a line under it.

A few days of hot weather coming, hope it’s not too bad for you.

Lynda..
    Hope the weekend went well with hubby…lots of 💤💤💤💤💤..lol.. X

Cmum, Vi, KT..
    Hope you are all on track..

Jacqs….
    Welcome to our group, you seem on track at the moment. 2 kgs off is very good.

Have a good day

Jean x

Hey guys

Ginette and Kay, it’s a FD for me too. And my stomache is protesting the lack of food already, it’s so strange to me that they differ so much from day to day.
    Ginette, I’m sorry you’re having a hard time,, but don’t be too hard on yourself that won’t help you in the long run. Just have your trets like Jean said, and then start fresh tomorrow.
    @ Jean, it’s hard to say if I’m on track as I can rarely weigh nyself. And a wheelchair scale costs 700!! euro, and then it doesn’t even give you BMI or expert readings… just a number
    @ Jacqs. Welcome. 2 kilo’s is very good. Great start.
    @ KT, hope you’re having an easier day

x

We are both on track this morning 90 mins cleaning both of us…sweating buckets..hair wet and stuck to my head not a pretty sight.

A cuppa needed now and a sit.

Hope all the fasters are doing good this morning??

X

Another rainy day here.

Its a FD for me and I’ve noticed others have been having a difficult time as well. Like you I’m determined to get back on track this week. I’m going to try and eat more healthily. The eating what you want. sometimes opens it up to anything and as much as you want. As I stress eat it comes and goes so when I’m fine I do eat quite healthily. I’ve not cheated on any FD but I must be eating to much other days. No matter back on track this week.

Hope you all have success this week.

Cmum..
    Good luck today and keep positive and maybe busy. I have a pile of ironing to do now…hate it…but keeps me busy.

We are away early in the morning to have a upholstery repair on the caravan cushion. We were going to eat out for lunch as we still have some free meal vouchers left but we have decided against it..😇

Steve seems very on track, I suggested some naughties yesterday but he said NO.

A few of us are slipping a bit but must keep good and get this weight moving…

Xx

Hello everyone,

I hope you have all been well during the weekend 🙂 Good luck to all the fasters today! Mine is tomorrow, hopefully I’m able to pull this one out. I feel that 500cal is too low, I don’t know if I will ever even manage it! Lets see for tomorrow though. Been having a good few days where I haven’t gone above my TDEE at all, with about 200-300 cals less, and I have been having treats too. Still need to get scales, as I haven’t recorded my weight properly in ages (I hate getting stuck with that number, I prefer feeling it in my clothes).
    I have noticed that as long as I spend a day out, I can easily even stay at 800-900 cals for the entire day. I’m not hungry at all. But if I’m indoors all day working on the computer… here come the munchies!

What I have noticed from being a little more careful and spacing out my food this week is that my IBS has not given any signs of nagging. Which is a bliss! Hoping it will continue being nice to me like that :O

KT, I hope you are feeling better. That poem/ post made me sad reading it 🙁 dieting can be hard, especially calorie deficit aka fast days, your mood can really swing. Just keep that in mind and it will be easier to eat less on these days. And don’t be so hard on yourself, on non-fast days give yourself a treat. Otherwise it’s way too harsh. Gotta live a little bit!

Cmum, hope you get back on track! Stay strong and think of the results you can reach 🙂 I hope your daughter is getting better too. Stress never helps :/

Symba, that’s definitely motivation! Stay on track ;D good luck!

Jacqs, Hello! And awesome 2kilos weight loss 🙂

xx Anna

Fast day nearly over. Phew

Anna

The situation with my daughter is not improving at all. Still waiting for a scan which she needs asap. She’s tried to speak to the midwife but because its 6 weeks today since the delivery they wont see her even though its delivery related. The health visitor is coming on Thursday so will need to speak to her to see if she has any influence. Shes been in tears today and I’m worried it will trigger post natal depression. NHS services are so stretched its a problem. Its all a mess.

It seems we are in for a hot day tomorrow here. 26c is the forecast. Need to get outside and enjoy the weather.

Hi all

I have had a very busy day.. completed my fast day just under 500 kcals…

Going to sit and watch t.v. for a while then early bath and bed…

Hope you are all ok

Audrey

caspersmum – do you a PALS service at the hospital/surgery
    if you do – please approach them
    this is very poor treatment

Hi All..

A busy day and did our swimming this afternoon.

FD has gone very good and my calories have now finished.

We are up early taking our caravan seat to a factory to have a new button replaced…will pop by early if I can.

Have a good evening

Jean x

Hello All,
    Have any of you ladies tried Bulletproof coffee? I would love to know if
    it’s worth the calories and would you drink it on a fast day,
    Thanks. G.

I would find ‘Coda site’ ..’July 1st months challenge’ …lots of people on there trying it.

Hope that helps.

Hi Anna – I’ll chum you on the FD tomorrow, if you like. Not my usual day, but I’ve got a lot of ‘being out and about’ rather than sitting at a computer, and like you, that always makes it easier. Usually get through the day on loads of coffee, water and chewing gum (note to self, buy more gum first thing!), and eat as late as I can because once I start I find it really hard to stop, so I have 500cals in as normal an evening meal as I can. Someone told me the other day that it’s just 7 weeks until the schools up here are off again, and I’ll be having a wee holiday with the boy then, too. So my target is 7 weeks at 1pound a week!
    Hope everyone’s FD went well right the way to the end.
    G’night
    Mx

Hi everyone.

Successful day here for me! Walked 7 miles and Ive managed a 36 hr water only FD, so nothing until tomorrow lunch time for me! Really proud of myself!! Lets hope tomorrow mornings weigh in is a good one!
    But I will need to be strong tomorrow on my NFD, so I dont overeat and undo everything!
    Do the rest of you calorie count on your TDEE days? I think I need to go back to MFP for my NFDs as I go over if I just try and be fairly good!!

Hope everyone is OK..Ive not had chance to read all todays posts yet.

Kay

Hi Kay

Congratulations on a very successful fast day really well done..

I and a few others use the TDEE on my fitness pal I think it’s more realistic.

Off to sleep now

Night all

Audrey

Audrey..
    Thanks for the support today all went well…night

Kay…
    You have done really well on your liquid only day….a good 7 mile walk..a good day done.

I count on MFP on NFD s, I go for 1200/1300 calories rarely I go over only on my ‘Friday off’…my TDEE is 1800 so I keep well under.

Minol…
    7 weeks to school holidays they pass round quick…hope you get your 7 lbs off

X

Sorry forgot to say

I am sure 7lbs is doable minols…

Ginette you are quiet…. shout if you need us. Take care these next few days it’s getting hot again!

Jean we are too much alike it’s spooky xx

Night again

Aud

Morning All,

Going to be hot one….

Busy most of the day, off out by 7.30, we are still debating whether to have lunch out…toes to be polished at 4 pm.

All have a good day, keep hydrated…

Speak later

Jean x

Morning all

The scales have showed me at the same weight as Friday which is good after the weekend. .

Busy day again for me too. Travel safely Jean enjoy your lunch.

Have a good day all fast or non fast.

Audrey

Morning everyone,

Well done to yesterday’s fasters :)Looks like a sunny day! Stuck indoors at work, but I will be going for a walk during lunch time to enjoy the sun. Maybe hide in a park to avoid London muck 😛

Minols, are you still fasting today? I started my morning with coffee and I think I will continue having coffee each time my hunger spikes. Hopefully work is busy enough to keep me distracted. Had some food late in the evening yesterday to keep me more satisfied throughout the day.

Kay, I use MFP. I don’t count everything 100% precisely, I only use scales for my morning porridge. Everything else I do by eye. It’s just good to know if it’s ok to have a treat if I have enough calories left, and I also use it to make sure I am getting enough nutrients on my non fast days. Especially protein.

Cmum, I find the situation with your daughter ridiculous. It’s so upsetting that they just scrap people of their list as soon as their “timed treatment” is over. Hopefully that visit does something.

Xx Anna

Morning all. Going to be a warm one.

Weigh in today and I’ve lost 1 lb 1/4. It’s finally going down. It’s been so frustrating but hopefully it will continue to drop but I will have to be much more careful.

Congrats on weightloss Cmum 🙂 😀

Hi!
    Just a quick post as Im off to the vets.

Weigh in….those 2 lbs are back off again!! Im finally in the BMI of healthy weight, not that I pay too much attention to that. Fat % is still 36%. Another inch off my hips which is great. Dont see much difference in the mirror or in my clothes but I think once the next couple of lbs are off then I may start seeinb the difference.
    Since the start of my 5:2 journey in June I have lost 10.5lbs and 3% fat and lost 4inches overall….wow…great when you write it down.

Will be back in a bit and will read your posts and chat!

Kay65
    Hope your pet isn’t to sick. My daughter’s just lost her 4 yr old Great Dane after having several surgeries and treatments. She is so upset , she sits on the settee with his ashes on her knee. Very sad. I have a nasty Bengal and a nutty Main Coon cat. They hate each other. Never quiet in my house.

Kay65.
    Sorry forgot to say excellent weight loss. It’s quite a good loss since you started in June. Well-done.

Kay and cmum well done on your losses…

Got to dash sorry very busy here and Ian back on work tonight….

Back this evening

Audrey

Ok back from vets…all ok..just an eye and ear check as she has been having some recent problems.

Cmum
    I feel for your daughter…I would be exactly the same. Ellie is my fur baby and she is such a beautiful natured dog.
    Wow…a bengal AND a main coon…you like to live dangerously…lol

In regard to your daughter and the medical stuff…its time to start demanding something to be done. For gods sake, it was their neglegance in the beginning, they should be going out of their way to sort things out. The poor girl cant even enjoy Louie properly at the moment.
    Has she tried going to the GP and saying that this is getting too much and she is starting to struggle to cope with the anxiety of it all. I think it needs to be pushed so they see alarm bells (potential post nd). Not something you should need to do, but worth doing to get something done.

By the way…well done on the weight loss. Dont know how you manage it with all thats going on.

Audrey
    Well done with getting back to pre weekend weight. Thats the same as me! Its a ‘phew’ feeling when you get back there but at the same time its frustrating to keep undoing the good work. We need to be a bit more careful don’t we!

Anna
    I used to use MFP all the time but not being using it for a while. Ive just been going by eye and approximating calories, but more often than not, just being mindful and not counting the calories. This is clearly where I am failing as Im over eating on the NFDs.
    Ive started recording on MFP again today so hopefully I can stick to it.

Jean
    I hope you have a nice day and get the caravan seating sorted. Wonder if you will have lunch out or not? Its going to be a lovely day….a nice salad based lunch would be lovely outside somewhere!

Minols,
    7lbs before the next school break is doable. We’ll help you keep focused if you need!

KT
    How are you feeling today? Hope you a feeling a bit more positive. It is hard at times. We can control some things so thats where we should focus our energy and let go of the other stuff we cant. You have already shown that you can control yourself with the 5:2 so you just need to find something that will hook you back into that mindset.
    Come on….show us how its done!

Vikathy
    How did your FD go? OK I hope.
    I guess for you, its more about how your clothes feel as a measure of how you are doing? To be honest thats what we all should be focusing on rather than the scales.

Ginette,
    We have all been there with the intentional sabotage…its happens…its life. Dont beat yourself up about it. Just move on…remember that this isnt a diet, this is a way of life, so it doesnt matter if we have a day where we eat differently to what we wished we had…its just a day. And no point saying no more chocolate until xx….tell yourself you will have some soon and its not banned but you are just giving your taste buds a rest from it.

Lynda
    Hows things with you?

Jacqs
    Welcome and well done with the weight loss so far! You obviously know your way around the 5:2 way of life. Do you do a lot of weight training?

Today its going to a hot one, so apart from a bit of tinkering in the garden and some colouring (a new found hobby) I dont intend to do much!
    Its day 3 of a headache and stiff neck, which I think is muscular, so I just keep talking IB and hope it goes!

Have a good day all but keep hydrated!

Kay x

Hi everyone.
    How’s it going, Anna? I’ve got to the point when I could do with something and I have to go and show my face at a wee buffet. Plan is: grab a coffee and start talking to someone furthest away from the food and keep talking to people until I can head up to the hospital to visit a wee soul who needs a visit after lunch has been cleared off the ward.
    How are your FD strategies going? It’s a good job being hungry is NOT a bad thing!
    Mx

Viewing 50 posts - 6,001 through 6,050 (of 35,419 total)

You must be logged in to reply.