Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,920 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 2 hours, 41 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,401 through 5,450 (of 35,407 total)

• Morning all.
    Thank you for all your good wishes.
    Mum and baby are doing fine today. Daughter still bruised and battered but feeling better.
    Diet gone haywire si just winging it this week.
    Got to go.

Cmum…

You will soon burn the calories off…enjoy your new Grandson and take care of your daughter…

Xx

Cmum…congratulations on the new baby. Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.

Hi KT, I hope yoiure still ticking along there.

Hi Kay

Is it weigh in day for you today?

Hi Audrey

As Jean says, take things easy at your Myms, keep her company and lift her spirits,only do light housework, treat yourself to some rest and relaxation while you are there.

Hi Mino

I had a friend who died in his late nineties, he fasted as well like your Mum only a day a week, if he saw his weight increase he would add a fast day.

I love soup in the winter but I don’t have it much this time of the year. When my kitchen is done maybe I will make one.

Hi CMum

Don’t worry you will get back to it, just try not to put on much, things will soon settle, be mindful.

Hi KT

How are things with you?

….I forgot to say, lost a pound so I am at my magical stone mark, now next week I want to be in the next stone.

Jean, the only tin of paint in there is one that I can use for my toilet. The other one that I found next to the big communal bins I am going to use to undercoat the passage wall. So both useful.

Hi all

Got home safe busy washing and re packing to go to mums tomorrow. ..

Glad you are all doing ok, I have gained my 3lb loss back plus 1 more oops…. will try to be more mindful at mums

Will log in once a day to check what’s happening but expect me to be quiet this next week…

Love to all

Audrey

Ginette..

Good news on the pound off..always nice to change the stone mark hope you get it next week.

Steve is feeling much better thank goodness. It’s been a challenging week.

Audrey..

Hope you pull back on your 4 lbs..holidays are lovely but these pounds are draw back. Enjoy Mums tomorrow safe journey.

Steve must be feeling better he is on about going away. I must get him off the strong painkillers before driving and pulling the van.

We have an appointment at the hospital with a Mr somebodys clinic, 21st next week.

Busy girl today…I have got the lawns mowed, cleaned the car and cleaned outside windows and frames…put a lot of path clear on the weeds on the drive, I took some up but too hard going, hoping it all dies off…I will see what happens in the next few days.

Just had a shower and hair wash I looked a fright….all wet and sweaty.

Feel shattered…I got 8,000 steps done and haven’t left home!

Having a lazy afternoon a bit of reading…

Xx

Morning All,

Looks a lovely day starting this morning.

I went a bit off track yesterday, felt the need. Just up to my TDEE!

2 red wines, hand full of nuts and half a banana and custard!

A 800 day today before fasting tomorrow to get me back on track.

Shopping for us today, need some more fruit, Steve is coming with me we are both a bit housebound. Lunch out maybe? Then it won’t be a 800 day, let you know later 😀

We have stopped some strong tablets and morphine today…quite addictive, get him back into the real world…lol..lol ……see how he goes….

All quiet on here…have a good day

Jean x

Audrey….
    Enjoy your break this week and safe journey. Take care of your back and don’t be bullied, make everybody pull their weight….pop in if you can.

Ginette..
    Is everything ok at your end you are a bit quiet or are you just busy painting? I know you have slow starts depending on your sleep.

Cmum..
    Hope Mum and baby are well and coming home soon..you are too busy to fast, start next week when things start to get back to normal.

Minols..
    Have a lovely holiday with mum, fast when you can. Have a safe drive down.

Xx

Hi Jean

Yes I’m pleased with a pound although with the work I am doing I thought it might be a bit more.

I hope you enjoyed your lazy afternoon after your mad rush of activity. I did sand a few walls down but felt link a lazy day and so put my feet up and watched tv until the early hours of the morning. I think the expression is binge watch, I have watched much tv lately so I thought I had better catch up on some recordings. I didn’t sleep before 7.30 am!! Ridiculous. I’m sure I might have a nap later.

Fingers crossed that Steve manages without the strong painkillers. Have a nice day out.

Hi Ginette..

Just had a couple of hours out. I pushed Steve in a wheelchair as he couldn’t walk that far but it worked well.

Bought some fruit, bread and milk…we are eating out of freezer and store cupboard as they are both quite full. I like to do this about every three months so I get a rotation.

Saving money for a month it all helps. I buy like I used to buy not realising we are not eating like we used to…just habit. Steve calls it war rations as I have loads!!

I then pick up the bargains when on offer and fill up again!!

Just found a bag of rhubarb from Iceland and two apple pie fillings which I had cooked down myself. Maybe a treat at the weekend.

A pound off is great, are you level on the stone mark or under to next level? or is that your aim for next week. You are nearing your next level on BMI I think or are you there now?

I have been very busy like you but the weight is not really moving. I am always under my TDEE. I have had a few treats but not enough to spoil anything and always counted. You have a lazy week not expecting much then you drop maybe 2 lbs…it’s all very strange.

Only been in the house 15 mins and he is fast asleep, going out has shattered him but he is doing OK.

Going to sit and have a read, a bit of ironing later.

Looks like only me and you on here, everybody away or busy….

Enjoy your nap

Xx

Hi jean,

I’m here, feeling lonely without my scales think it was a bad idea seeing them away not sticking to plan…..well there coming home earlier than planned as hubby has appointment tomorrow at hospital 7:30 in the evening for his arm hoping they can sort it out.

Well done Ginette on your loss all going in the right direction.

Audrey have a lovely time at your mums.

And big welcome to your new grandson c/mum.

Lynda

Lynda..

Your little baby coming home tonight….hope it’s a good surprise for you…

Hope hubby gets news on his arm and can get it sorted.

Will you be on lock down…lol…lol

X

Hi Jean

I’m at the stone and I have reached my next BMI level the next one I think is about 2 stone away, that will take me into the overweight category.

I think I have the war rations problem all food cupboard full to bursting! plenty of tins, freezer is full.

At least Steve got out and that must make him feel better.

I’m off to Pams early today as I have to go via a paint place. I use Johnstones trade and as I said I was disappointed with the magnolia he is giving me a discount off of the other tin. I will probably buy 5 litres.

Really a 1lb is ok as my aim is about 2 stone a year which is just over 2lbs a month. It was lovely not weighing all week then but very worrying as I approached weigh in day.

Today is meant to be fast day but I’m informed by my son that he has got sausages out ready, looks like fast day tomorrow then, I have only had an orange so far and so it may come in at about 800.

Enjoy the rest of the day, I shall look in when I get back.

I know what you mean, it’s really quiet on here…..

Audrey I hope all is well with you. Xx

Ginette..
    Have a nice afternoon with Pam and your son…I am sure the sausages will be fine.

Have 800 ish and a FD tomorrow…a bit like me.

Hope you find a better colour for your walls, it’s good he is going to give you it at a lower price. Shame he can’t put it on for you..lol

I think it’s better to aim a bit lower, 2 or 3 pounds off a month, it will possibly keep off better. As long as it’s a downward trend that’s all we ask. I think if you loose quick it could come back quick, we are all different…I would be happy at that.

I love that stone level…then down it goes…it makes you feel good.

Have a lovely dinner

Xx

jean
    Unfortunately they won’t be back till tomorrow 5pm as hubby on a flying visit so no lock down here lol

Lynda x

Linda,

Shame…you could of lost a pound! Lol

X

Hi all

Got to mums ok. For a LONG LIST of jobs to be done. Have brought my steamer so I can get cleaning soon…

Glad you all seem to be doing well be in touch again tomorrow. .

Audrey

Hi Audrey

I had the heck ones and one other so probably came on under 800. Nobody ate the others as they had marmalade in them and a bit of a strange taste. Pam didn’t realise this when she bought them.

Enjoy your steaming.

I spilt a pot of paint in the kichen got most of it up but waiting for the residue to dry so that I can peel it off the floor.

Hi Lynda

Not long until you get your scales back. It will be interesting to shed what you have lost.

To all who are interested…..

An App called My Model is a really good way to see the before and after photos if you didn’t take any. It is really nice to see what you did look like, what you look like now and even what you would look like when you have got to your goal. This is really useful for those who have a lot to lose. I’m on iOS but I think it is available on android as well.

Morning all
    Just a quick post before the day begins. ..

Spent yesterday gardening. Min had got a big bowl of profiteroles so we had those plus a very big roast dinner. Still feel sick now…

Fast day for me I have brought some Heck sausage with me and haven’t told mum what they are she just thinks they are chipolato ones hehe sneaky ….

Defrosting the freezer today and cleaning the kitchen. Got family meeting later …..

Love to all
    Will check in when I can

Audrey

Hi Audrey

I had some yesterday, yes very cheeky, I wish they did these in the ordinary size though, or a sausage squares as I have seen others.

Hope the meeting goes well.

Morning All,

A lovely day here.

A FD day for both of us.

Scales up this morning pre weigh in Friday morning, hoping to pull back today! The work and walking this week should be loads off..but it doesn’t seem to work that way..😬

Ginette..
    Down loaded the My Model App…had a laugh…I could see I was very over weight big time….much better now but more to go…..I have decided I need to loose about 10 lbs more to goal…she looks much better at that weight in the picture. I will be that person!

Hope you get your paint up….I did that once about 30 years ago a 2 1/2 litre tin of emulsion off a five foot pair of steps…you only do it once! I now have it in a tray.

Audrey..
    You sound as if you have loads to do, don’t do too much. Be strong at the family meeting…

Have a good day everybody

Jean X

Some inspiring stories of women who were morbidly obese and have not lost 100lb or more.

http://dailym.ai/29xSGFF

Good morning all 🙂

Beautiful sunny day here with cool breeze..so perfect for dog walking!

Still maintaining and keeping up with all your posts x

Such a busy time you’ve all been having!

Jean..poor Steve x hope he’s turned a corner and gets back to his best soon. Perhaps you’ll be able to have a well earned caravan break soon ♥

Cmum..congratulations on your new grandson! Hope mum feeling better and all going smoothly. .enjoy!!

Ginette..oh dear..not liking the paint colour then throwing it all around! Take it easy and try not to overdo things x

Audrey. .hope all goes well at mum’s and the meeting brings a positive outcome for you. Don’t take on too much and look after your back x

Minols..life with your 7 y/o sounds exhausting! All that activity should help with the numbers..but stay away from the ccs!!!

KT..great to hear from you and what a fantastic result! Well done you ★ I think the BSD is a very sensible approach. Eating the right foods to nourish the body and avoiding..willpower permitting! ..a lot of the naughties that derail us! Take care x

Well done to all who have lost ♥

Coffee Lynda Celtic..hope all is going well for you x sorry if I have missed anyone x

Still no sign of Hemmy..sadly 🙁 I think we all miss her friendship compassion and enthusiasm. .as well as her inspiring sign offs!!

Take care all x fd for me so stay focused fellow fasters and have a great day everyone 🙂

Love ♡♥♡

Karen
    Xx

Hi Karen

Nice to hear from you, I have new colour now and will e painting later, this afternoon probably, I like to start and then go through to late. Hopefully may get passage finished today if not definetly the first coat, there is a strange dark blue square pattern on the wall left bu the paper that was up at least 36 years ago. Either 60s or 70s paper. Otherwise I may have needed just the one coat.

No we all miss Hemmy, I really don’t think any of us upset her, I am hoping she and Kristy are well. It was around the time of the anniversary of her husbands death.

Hemmy if you are by any chance reading this, we miss you and wish you well, come back to us when you are ready. Xx

Lovely to hear from you Karen and still maintaining. All the dog walking making you fit and healthy.

Steve’s getting better but he is a bit off and out of sorts today. We have dropped some tablets so he’s getting back in the real world.

Hope you get all your painting done today Ginette, kitchen and hallway. It’s a bit on the warm side.

The 100lbs club what amazing people and don’t they look great.

Still no Hemmy, we do miss her and her quotes, I just hope her Mum, Kirsty and herself are well with no problems….she knows she can pop back in anytime…X

Jean x

Hi Jean

How quiet on here today. Hope everyone is ok.

Is anybody there??? 🙂

Hi all

Flying visit…

Hope the house painting, husbands on painkillers, family pow-wows, elusive scales are all ok…

FD today and I have just had a toasted white muffin with some feta cheese and a chilled coffee with milk for my dinner!
    Not liking my 5 day pre-hosp diet of no fibre 🙁

Weight has been up and down these last couple of days and this morning it was half pound up on last Fridays weigh in….scared of what the scales will say in the morning….but what will be will be!

Another day of Jillian Michaels….phew thats 14 days done!

X

Ginette..

I am here with no body talking…..

FD s gone well, fruit for breakfast and 2 warburtons thins with pork loin, tonight…..a few teas and coffees..
    433 calories..I will have a small milk later.

We both didn’t feel up to much today. A nice lazy food day..

Did you finish your painting, it was a bit warm and humid ….thought you was too busy for on here..lol

Kay…

Your diet doesn’t sound too good..only 5 days to go…hope your hospital visit goes well..

My scales are up too…my weigh in tomorrow…..hold breathe

Xx

Morning all

Had a busy day yesterday not much resolved in regard to mums future…

Have been busy cleaning as it seems I am the only family member who can and have been gardening as again there is only myself and Ian who knows what weeds look like….

Kay and Jean good luck with your weigh in…

Ginette sorry for the quiet but normal service will resume next week…

Karen great to hear from you do pleased you are managing to maintain..

I too miss Hemny. ….and her words of wisdom.

Keep in touch my fellow band of brits..together we are stronger..

Audrey

Morning All,

Cheery day here and dry.

Going out for lunch today with our caravan friends. They were coming to the house but hubby feels like a lunch out as usual with them…change of scenery.

At docs for a chat this morning, re scan results but we now know that now, blood test results, discuss tablets. He’s a bit achy this morning but OK.

I have kept the same this week…2 oz more and I would of been a pound down..never mind.

Steve has lost a pound, ( no weigh in last week) he was so upset in middle of week up 10 pounds!! It shows when ill, on tablets and goods in transit…he is at his lowest so great news.

Audrey ..
    What can we say when it’s always left to one, can any wives help that’s maybe a stupid question.

You will know you both have done all you can maybe some people will have regrets in the future, maybe not.
    Look after your back you don’t want to make it any worse as its so easy to do…thinking of you. Xx

Must dash

Jean x

Morning all

Hubby came home yesterday in the company car how disappointed was I didn’t tell him I’m only after the scales……so will carry on feeling a lot more positive as he paid me lots of compliments.

Hubby has to have a MRI scan on neck,shoulder, elbow they said about a hour to do it he is so under pressure from work as they have a big job on in Sunderland and he is the only one that can do it they will call today to let him know when hopefully next week.

Keep the n fasting
    Lynda

Lynda..

.????????? Scales…..a good weigh?

X

Hi Kay

That will soon go, when you are back to normal eating. Are you not allowed certain foods or just no fibre.

You can buy fibre in jars at Tesco that you can add to drinks. It is completely tasteless.

It’s got a green lid I can go and look for the name if you want it. I add it to drinking chocolate when I remember.

Hi Jean

I hope the doctors appointment went well, I’m glad that Steve has lost some weight and being at his lowest must really be a boost for him in these trying times.

Painting I wish, I was sanding tops and brushing the top of walls down when I reached a sticky patch, so I had to walk this down a few times, Also some fine cracks have appeared, they must have always been there but probably I didn’t notice them. I am off to get fine filler ready made this time. Painting one coat today hopefully and the next tomorrow.

Hi Audrey

As Jean says, you will know that you and Ian have done all you could, the others will have to deal with their conscience. I was in a similar situation with my two brothers, they both lived in Canada, one could travel and often came to England but buried his head in the sand, the other couldn’t travel, I think they both suffered guilt one more that the other maybe.

Be proud of what you are doing, I don’t know what a weed looks like though, must be from living in a flat with no garden! I know dandelions and nettles though, I have pulled up my fair share of these.

Hi Lynda

Lovely to have your husband home, is he home until the MRI scan……..but did you weigh in? I hope it was good news.

Coffee are you around?

Morning all.
    Sorry not been posting. Spending my time at hospital and looking after little Freddie. Daughter still in hospital. Little Louie has been taken into the Neonatal unit as his blood keeps clotting. He has to many red blood cells. Was there till late last night. Obviously my daughters very upset as am I. I’ve gained 5 lbs stress eating. Hopefully things will improve soon.

Glad Steve’s improving now. You all seem to be on track, excellent. Im going to attempt a FD today. Fingers crossed.

Have a good day all.

Jean

No scales as their on his van up in Sunderland 🙄
    Never mind maybe next week now if he gets his appointment for scan.

Lynda xx

Ginette

He’s going back up tomorrow will come back for appointment.

Lynda x

Just half pound down for me this week and no change in the measurements. However I have dropped 1% in fat which I’m pleased with. It works out as losing 1.68 lbs of fat since last Friday!

Ready to plan the next 7 days of which the first few will be lowish anyway due to preparing for hospital on Monday. Along with some aggresive meds to trigger a full clear out, I also have to do a complete fast from Sunday lunch time until after my colonoscopy on Monday afternoon and I’m hoping the sedation will just make me sleepy and not hungry until Tuesday morning 😉

Audrey, I’m disappointed to hear that there has been no progress following the family discussion. It amazes me how some people from the same family can be so different to the rest 🙁

Jean, I’m glad that your hubby is feeling a bit better, hopefully he has turned the corner now.

Lynda, how does it feel to be reunited with the scales?

Ginette, are you anywhere near finishing and being happy with the painting?

Cmum and Minols, I’m guessing you are both busy with kids/grandkids!

And a wave and Hi to Karen, KT and anyone who I’ve forgotten 😉

Today is a NFD but I’m going to do 16/8 so going to put the kettle on for another tea and hold out on food til lunch time.

Grey at the moment here which is a shame after yesterday.
    Happy Friday all.

Kay x

Thanks for all your support ….
    Much appreciated…

Just going out to do a little bit of weeding…have sorted out a cleaner for mum an old friend and neighbour so it’s someone she feels happy with yeah!! Now if I could find a person who likes weeding…. LOL ☺

Audrey

Hi,

Back from the doctors.. 3 slipped discs, S1, L5 and L4 all showed up better on second MRI scan, seeing specialist Thursday at hospital clinic…all blood tests were good.

Lynda..
    Sorry your baby has been forgotten. Hope the MRI isn’t a long wait and he can get sorted.

Cmum..
    Sorry to hear they are both unwell, hoping they get them both sorted soon. Fasting can wait until you are in a better place. It’s hard when worry is involved. Freddie should be burning those calories for you..xx

Ginette..
    You do seem to be picking up problems on your way, it’s always the same when doing jobs. Hope the filling isn’t too much and you get one coat done.

Having a Friday off food day….just had a vanilla slice naughty but nice 😇 and as I said out for pub lunch. I can feel a meat pie coming on with chips, it’s aways looks so nice cut from a big school dinner type tray, with gravy, Steve usually has this. Nothing to eat tonight!

We feel a bit house bound so the drive out will be a change and catch up with friends.

Kay..
    You are about the same as me, I got about 12 oz off but didn’t make the pound! Do your scales show your fat loss or do you do it another way?

Good luck for Monday, hoping all goes well.

Minols..
    Enjoy your holiday, hope you got a FD in..

KT, Celtic and Hemmy hoping you are all OK

Enjoy your day everybody

Jean X

Jean,

Glad you finally know what is wrong is Steve and although it is pretty bad having a slipped disc at least it’s nothing too bad. .. it was worrying for you I know when they asked him to come back for more scans. .. Enjoy your pie n chips we are having fish cakes and chips yummy. Mum makes proper home made chips in a chip pan! a real treat. …

Audrey

Hi CMum

Don’t worry about posting, we know that you are busy with children and everything else. What a difficult time, nothing worse than when a baby isn’t 100%. I hope Louie improves quickly.

The weight will soon go when things are more settled. Just look after yourself x

Hi Lynda

It just means you will have a bigger surprise when you weigh in.

Hi Kay

1/2 lb is still down and great that you have lost 1% fat. As you say with what you are preparing for next week will be lower still.

I have been sidetracked today, I went out to get filler then to drop my scaler off for a friend, I gave a nice big heavyweight 6 inch one. Not that I’m boasting!! Then I picket up some wood from her to use as batons and when I got home outside the back do or someone had thrown away some wood (melamine) from a wardrobe. Now it is up my passage waiting game for me to use it to box round the pipes in the toilet and also to make shelves for my cupboard and my neighbours airing cupboard.

Now just had lunch and going to have a cup of tea before filling walls……then hopefully get first coat on.

Hi Audrey

Glad you have sorted cleaner out, is your Mum in good spirits? Enjoy fish cake and chips.

Hi Jean

Glad they have found out what it is, I hope they suggest something to do to improve it when you see the consultant.

Enjoy your meal out and as you say it is always nice to catch up with friends. I shall report later on the painting.

Hi All,

We have had a really lovely lunch out and catch up with our friends, stayed longer than usual.

We all ended up with pie and chips with a Yorkshire pud on the top. It was delicious. One of our favourite Pubs, all home cooked and real chips…not many of these left and a reasonable price.

We are away next weekend in the caravan at Chatsworth House Estate with our friends..hoping Steve is still fit!

Ginette..
    Nicking wood from the back of your house…lol..lol 😂….good idea if it was being thrown away…good for the environment ….shelves sound a good idea. Hope your son can do it for you..hoping the paint brush is out this afternoon..

Audrey..
    Fish cakes with chips sound lovely..I had some from M & S haddock with cheese in the middle, they was very nice last week. I would buy again.

Looks like we are both on the naughty corner! 😇

That’s my lot for treats for the week.

My friend commented on my weight loss, which was nice…as I put my arm down inside my trousers to show off….a belt works wonders, the new gathered look!

Xx

Jean

Glad u have had a good catch up lunch sounds lovely. ..

Mum has just said the fatal words there are some fresh cream eclairs in the fridge for afters. …LOL😆

Audrey

HI All

Just a quick pop in to say hello. Haven’t been very well had to have the doctor out, and OH also not too good so it’s been a bit of a shambles here.

I’ve just caught up with all your posts – what a lot!

Cmum I hope DD and baby are on the mend, sending virtual (((hugs))) and healing thoughts in your direction.

Audrey it sounds as though the family have done the usual – left it all for someone else, ie you! Tell them You’ve found the cleaner and they have to find a gardener or take a course in ‘what a weed looks like’

Jean, glad you’ve found out the problem with Steves back, at least now they’ll be able to decide on a course of treatment.

Ginette, it sounds as though you’ve been really busy again. Hope it’s not too long before you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

KT, Kay, Lynda and everyone else hope you are all Ok and doing well.

speak soon XX

Coffee..

Hope you and yours are soon feeling better. You have been missed.

It must be the time of year a few are not well.

Hugs to you both
    Jean x

Coffee

Hope you get better soon… miss you xxx

Audrey

Hi all. Enjoying being at my Mum’s…and the boy is being great. We’re playing quite a lot of football and we’ve found an app on my phone to clock our steps as well…so now I’M on the 10000 steps thing everyone else seems to be doing. No FDS yet but I have lots of seeds ready to have yogurt tomorrow, so still hoping I can at least not go back up to the stone marker I’d managed to pass.
    Mx

Hi Jean

I am glad your dinner out was nice and real chips what a treat!! I hope Steve is well enough to go away. Fingers crossed. Xx

Yes wood was good, I started filling and decisoded that maybe it would be good to do one coat and then go back and fill where really needed. So paint was out, weak and watery and not sticking to the wall, maybe I need to do a matt coat first and then top coat it. So I need to wait and see if my son has some Matt and then pick it up probably tomorrow, so annoying ……..

I am now resigned to waiting again!!

I shall do the shelves, I love building shelves and I would have to tell him exactly what to do, so quicker to do it myself.

Hi Audrey

Fresh cream eclairs…….what a treat! I was meant to be doing a fast day but it is more like an 800 day.

Hi Coffee

Sorry to hear you haven’t been well, get well soon we miss you here. Xx

Hi Mino

Sounds as if you are busy exercising, 10,000 steps to me sounds like a half marathon! That is the others who are much fitter than I am. I don’t even get to 5000!

Enjoy your time with your Mum. What kind of yogurts are you making with seeds?

A nice lot of activity here today xx

Viewing 50 posts - 5,401 through 5,450 (of 35,407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.