Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,909 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 7 hours, 31 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,651 through 3,700 (of 35,396 total)

• Morning Brits,

Lots of bits and pieces to do before we go off tomorrow. Looks like rain for us today.

Strange…hubby has put two pair of Big Jeans away…looking like a sack of potatoes with his belt pulled in and a frill around the top! His shape is changing but not really loosing weight stable for 3 weeks!..it’s like Annette says things happen to your body but the scales stay the same.

The movement needs to be up a bit though…lol

FD for us today.

Nice to see you again Ginette…you are always up late and keeping busy, hope you get sorted soon. My eldest daughter is a teacher her loft is a nightmare, full of each year of infant teaching! She says one day it will fall through!!

Hope all is well with everybody have a good day.

Jean x

Morning all,

Came home last night. …. have weighed in stayed the same weight so very happy….

Haven’t had chance to catch up on your posts yet got lots of washing to do etc…..

Hope you are all ok

Audrey

Audrey,

Glad to see you back…good news you stayed the same that’s hard to do on holiday..hope you are back rested and had a good break.

Posts were quiet without your imput..

X

Jean

We were busy every day! The caravan pitch was such a mess…..and the van gad a much needed clean haha we never stopped…. that’s probably why I haven’t gained weight. …

Enjoy your time in yours….

Audrey

H Jean

Enjoy your time away. Yes it is nice to at least see shape is changing. I don’t notice it much really. As long as the weight stays roughly the same. Sorting out doesn’t take much moving about so although I am busy it is not doing anything energetic with my body……just giving my brain a work out.

The problem with teaching notes is you think one day you will need them and so you are always reluctant to let them go. I am sure I shall still keep some, I won’t be able to resist. So much work went into them at the time. I made all my own and spent hours doing them, seems a shame to throw them all out which is what I should do. If ever I needed one I probably would think I had it but where would I look?!! I don’t even have a loft as I live in a flat….

Audrey

Welcome back, what brilliant news. That is really a result. Staying the same is good when you have been away. As jean says it has been quiet without you.

Ginette

oh ginette – when I finally managed to part with my teaching ‘papers’ – I filled a whole wheely bin
    and I had only taught for a few years!!

I do think, nowadays, so much is available on the internet, that even things I thought were irreplaceable are no doubt easy to find
    I just never liked the thought of wasting anything!!

Well I am nearly through another fast day – which has included braving Tesco’s and planning what I will cook when I see the children on Sunday eve

if I am feeling brave – I may even try a 3rd fd on Saturday – but don’t hold your breath!!

Hi all

Sorry I haven’t been on again, I have spent most of the day trying to sort out my mifi with ee! Very frustrating but finally sorted out thank goodness. …so now hopefully next time we are away again I will be able to check in..,, I should have checked it before I went I suppose but just presumed it would still work..

We are on bacon chops slow cooked in pineapple for tea, lovely meal for ian before he starts works. ..

Fast day tomorrow and Sunday for me!

Hope you are all ok, is there still no sign of our milena?

Keep in touch, together we are stronger

Audrey

Good afternoon friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Late today as needy dear friend on the phone at 8am! How after years of marriage can people be so very cruel to each other. Makes me so sad.

Hi Gine you always sound so busy …

paperwork is a B .. to get rid or not ( just in case).

Glad you are staying stable with your weight … that’s in control and like you say can give another push when inclined.

I think if we had some nice consistent weather .. it would be a spur for everyone.

Its such a shame people start this wol but don’t continue … perhaps some need a quicker fix. Trouble is like we can all witness its getting it to stay off.

Easter will be hard with the treats … I have bought buns and naughty pudding plus Easter eggs today. Pleased to say though only 1 bottle of wine. Lol

Take care G Love your posts. Xx

Hi Sym … have a lovely weekend… ..Whey Hey.. in your new undies too. Lol

Hope todays FD is going well… all I keep thinking about is that ham you cooked the other day … Kristy wont eat any of ( Little Pigs) so will get some to roast with roasties when there is just Mum and I for Sunday lunch.Lol

Hope your daughter gets good results from the scan.

Safe traveling both. Xx

Hi Aud .. so lovely to see you back. As Sym and Gine said you have so been missed.

Well done for no weight gain that’s brilliant.

Enjoy the week-end … whatever you are doing. Are you seeing your grandchildren.

Welcome back Aud. Xx

KT … go on feel brave because you are … its been proved recently. Do enjoy Easter with a few treats though … Life is so short we must also enjoy it. Xx

All the rest of our corner hope you are ok and Happy Easter Xx

Brit lovelies … Remember … Water is the secret weight loss weapon. Xx

ha ha hemmy, thank you, although I certainly don’t see myself as brave

I will really try hard to fd on Saturday, as I am making a VERY rich bacon and gruyere quiche (a new recipe) for our tea, Sunday, with salad and a fruit flan
    and then its heading towards being with lots of family and the funeral, so no idea when my next fd will be!!

Hemmy you have jinxed me!

Just had the phone call are you free on Sunday? Can we call for lunch after church….. to answer your question hemmy yes I am seeing the girls over easter. …..hmm no fast day now then….

Audrey

Hemmy,

Daughter taken to hospital last night by ambulance ( kept it quiet as not to worry everybody) had scan and ct scan today, nothing found not kidney stones, just had a text she is on mophine and nil by mouth she’s starving!

A good job we are going towards her tomorrow about 50 miles away looks like hospital visiting! A bit of a worry.

We are away early in morning so everybody have a lovely Easter break and enjoying your families.

A good FD for us today….weigh in tomorrow 😬

If I have a moment over my cuppa may pop in before we go.

Jean X

Jean

Such a worry I do hope she is ok…. try to have a good break,

Hope the weigh in goes ok

Audrey

KT

Of course you are very brave. Look how you kept in touch here although you must have felt dreadful ..and really not up to posting.

I can hear your new positive KT coming through now. So pleased.

That quiche sounds very tasty … you must post up the recipe for us. Enjoy the children. xx

Aud.. there you go then .. it proves what people have always said.. I am a white witch. Lolol

Make sure you have something nice for lunch for Charlotte. Xx

Sym … Oh my goodness.. what a worry… re your daughter. A good sign the scans were clear. I suppose it will be a case of elimination for the Drs. Hopefully something sorted so you can all relax this week-end.

Healing vibes and prayers for her. Xx

Thanks for your thoughts …fingers crossed hoping it’s something simple. No news yet.

Weight went down on Tuesday then went up 2 pounds Wednesday…so not expecting much!

X

Just to let you know…

Daughter has been sent home from hospital…..nothing serious….they don’t know what’s wrong….see her GP if it doesn’t settle!!

Keep taking painkillers…still in a lot of pain…she sounds very unwell in her voice….doctors not open till Tuesday……if you can get an appointment…….all fun the NHS

Will be visiting tomorrow

Xx

Jean

Hope she is ok. If she doesn’t get better do they have an out of hours service at the drs? May be worth checking out… such a pain at bank holidays. …

Try to have a decent break away… happy Easter.

I have been volunteered for cooking Sunday lunch and then childminding. …

Audrey

Hi Sym

Well good they regard it not serious… but fancy sending the girl home still in pain.

If too painful … they should call the paramedics over the week-end.

Have a Happy Easter both .. you deserve it. Xx

Lol Aud .. you shouldn’t be such a good Granma and cook. Xx

Hemmy

She did offer to call and pick up a ready cooked chicken until I pointed out the shops are shut on Easter Sunday!

So now it’s me and roast beef which Charlotte says you can’t have without yorkshire puddings and of course all the trimmings. …

Oh and don’t forget the pudding….. hehe cest la vie

Have a great Easter with Kristy

Audrey

Hi Jean

What a worry for you, I hope things improve for her. Thoughts are with you.

Hi KT

You sound as if you are doing brilliantly. Keep it up, don’t worry about the odd slip as you can always make up for it another day. As long as you stay with us you will be fine.

The trouble with teaching materials is that I prefer to design my own, I am not satisfied with others although I have got sone really good ideas from others…….and then created my own. 🙂

It will take me some time to sort through them but little by little I shall. I have to do it when the mood takes me. I have saved tipping pint and the chase to listen to in the background when I am doing it. I tried listening to a talking book but I kept losing the plot!!!

I have just watched three episodes of The Real Maribokd Hotel….I really enjoyed that.

A fast day for me tomorrow, soup ready and probably fish in sauce and vegetables in the evening.

Hi Audrey

What a nusisance. I need to look into Mifi if ever I am away. I would really miss the Internet. It sounds as if you have a busy weekend ahead. No Milena hasn’t been on any thread I looked a while ago. Maybe she has family problems.

Hi Hemmy

Have a lovely weekend with Kristy. I know that we have gammon, my favorite. Yes some people can be very cruel. Thankfully she has you as a friend and at this times a good friend really helps.

Ok, I’m off to bed now.

Anyone else fasting or is that a silly thing to say on Good Friday?

Ginette

Hi All,

Just a quickie both 1 pound on …don’t know why thought we were doing OK this week. Things are happening clothes wise getting looser but not weight! Keep pushing on….

No more news on daughter.

Have a good few days everybody…will be back Monday

Xx

Morning all

Ginette I am fasting today, I am thinking of doing a liquid only day as I can’t do another fast on Sunday now…. wish me luck though it will be the 1st one since December. …..

Sym have a good break, Hope daughter us ok, sending healing vibes your way and virtual hugs too…..

My beef is sat in the fridge ready to slow cook tomorrow for our Sunday lunch….. am off to clean up now before ian gets home after his night shift

Have a great day everybody happy easter

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

And a glorious morning it is too.

Hi Sym .. hope you are enjoying the sunshine for your journey. Thinking of your daughter and hoping you find her much improved.

The l b is probably in transit … this 52 is a strange one been stuck for weeks lost that lb Tues and looking even better today. Funny. It all seems to pan out in the end. Slowly creeping down.

Have a lovely Easter and Wedding reception. Xx

Gine goodness you do stay up late. Lol .. Gammon mmmmm we are having beef. One week got sick of chicken so did beef as my body sort of craved it. Mum said go for it.
    Low and behold offered to do a chicken breast for Kristy and she said no she would have some beef . Lol Don’t think the pork or Lamb would work.

We were all talking once about being worriers… anxious I don’t know whether its just coincidence but I have been taking Echinacea for a couple of months now and feel Soooo much more relaxed and laid back.

How is Pam now …

Have a good day. Xx

Aud lovely to see your post this morning. I thought ” our Aud is up and about” Yay.

We love Yorkshires too. I know you must be an expert on them. I make mine with 5oz of plain flour … 5 oz milk.. 2 eggs .. salt pepper … thyme and half teaspoon mustard. Always rise and light as a feather.

Hope the lunch comes up to little Charlottes expectations as I am sure it will. No one has ever made a roast dinner like my gran made. Lol

Have a lovely time with them so precious memories.

Kristy arriving today … so buns for tea … and fish and small potatoes.. peas for dinner. ( smoked haddock). Have a good day Aud. Xx

KT what are you up too today. Xx

Hope all our corner are doing well … another shout for Melina Xx

Brit lovelies Keep Smiling Through And One Day Life Will Get Tired Of Upsetting You. Xx

morning hemmy
    have been productive so far – blended soup for freezer
    done washing and now thinking about going out for a walk, while the lovely sunshine lasts

oh I wish I could hang my washing outside – that is one (of several) things I hate about being in this flat – having washing all around the place

had a good fd yesterday, and am sort of aiming to do one today, since I am still in the mood, although I have no idea how many cals my leftover stew will be tonight (but no spuds so that saves loads)

symba – I hope your daughter is ok xx#

Hope you all have a good Good Friday !!

Hi KT

It’s a beautiful day here too, I have just come back from a little walk outside it’s a glorious day…

I am fasting today too so if you need a buddy give me a shout and I think ginette is too so you won’t be alone. …

I have in the past done b2b fasts I find the 2nd day no harder than the 1st but once I broke the fast I couldn’t stop eating….
    I may try for one too, although this is my first liquid only day for ages so will wait and see…

Have to say hemmy I can’t make Yorkshire puddings. … I come from the other side of the pennines hehe…. mine are awful so I resort to frozen ones. …mum makes wonderful ones they are soft not crispy….

Have a good day if you can’t be good be mindful. …

Audrey

hi Audrey
    glad you got out in the sunshine

I have to got in, was out for almost 2 hours, and feel better for it – but rather enjoying the sit down now!!

had nothing to eat except one small biscuit before I went out
    think I might have 1 oatibix for lunch – and then see how it goes

Hi KT

I am just enjoying a beef oxo cube….

I have decided to have a boiled egg butty later if it all gets too much taking a leaf out of our hemmys book…

Check in again later

Aud

Blimey KT you have been busy this morning ,, good for you girl. Its good on an FD day … also good for the mind.

Took Mr Pips out in the lovely sunshine… even tied my coat around my waist today. Lol

Long may it last its soo uplifting. Hope your FD is going well… sounded like a goos start. Catch you later KT.. Xx

Aud .. try that recipe sometime. I got it from an old welsh woman I worked with years ago. It never fails … light with a nice texture inside. it makes 10 in small cake tins.

Have a good FD . Lol .. my favourite is dry fried egg … a smear of brown sauce 2 slices wholemeal bread . YUMMY> Xx

I reckon Spring is here girls and are we ready for it. YES We can do this

Auds quote ….. TOGETHER WE ARE STONGER. PS all friends missing…OLD and NEW

Dont worry if you have eaten all the Easter Eggs… Bet most of us here have eaten Xmas stocking chocolate we have bought for pressies . Lol I know I have loads of times.

So come on and join in… have a laugh while losing weight. Xx

well I think I managed under 600cal yesterday, so almost there

up early to get to shops before all the millions!!!!

sadly no sunshine here, grey and waiting for the storm I believe 🙁

Hi All

Sorry I didn’t post yesterday, I was up to my neck (luckily not literally) in paperwork. I have just got up this morning and it still looks as if I have been burgled. I think this look will last a few days…..this is only one of the rooms that I need to sort out.

Hi Jean

As Hemmy says that 1lb is probably in transit. When the weather is nicer we will start doing more energetic things and the weight will come off.

Hi Audrey

How did fast day go? Mine went ok, I didn’t have time to eat, I had a sandwich about 9.30 in the evening. I just knew if I stopped before then I wouldn’t start again. I eventually stopped and sat down about 10.15 this was after taking the recycling out and things to the bin. I also have a charity shop bag.

I’m going a bit stir crazy, I’m not sure if I am am going out but haven’t planned to yet. It may be an idea to have a break.

I find no food fasts too difficult. I am up early and immediately hit the cupboards for food, not good food either!!

Hi Hemmy

Pam isn’t too bad thanks, she has lost a lot of weight which is a worry as she isn’t very big to start with. I know with chest infections she doesn’t eat much as it makes her breathing worse. She is always on the go. Unlike me I leave a much more sedentary life ……you can see why she is thin and I am the opposite…..I should learn a lesson from that!! 🙂

Maybe it was the smell if the beef that tempted her. Pam accidentally bought and cooked quorn chicken fillets for the dog. She has had one and was happy to eat it. It is to supplement her dry diet. I had to smile….
    Luckily she has all the goodness she needs in the biscuits.

I love smoked haddock but rarely have it. I remember thinking that I would make fish cakes from it one day, I never did. Yorkshire recipe sounds nice, Pam gets frozen ones.

Hi KT

You sound busy, I have been washing things to put them away for the summer. I too live in a flat but have a tumble dryer that is a condenser. I normally hang the washing everywhere in the evening and then put it away in the morning. I wouldn’t like it hanging around all day either. If I need to I finish it in the dryer. I have just got one of those smart meters and I’m trying to cut down on electricity where I can.

I’m glad to see that you are preparing in advance and getting back on track. You will feel so much better for it.

Sadly the weather forecast isn’t too good over the weekend, I hope it the wind lows itself out over the weekend and brings back the sunshine and warmer weather.

See you all later xx

Ginette

Morning all,

Audrey is hanging her head in shame…

I started yesterday determined to do a liquid only, upto 5 o’clock went fine, then ian make his pack and I decided to have a ham sandwich, still in calories so not too bad…. BUT THEN I started eating. …everything. ….chocolate buttons, fruit and nut, little chocolate eggs, biscuits, grapes the list goes on and on…..

Audrey is trying again today, I have my beef in the slow cooker so I have put in 2 carrots 1 onion, sone celery and a couple of baby potatoes, so I have a ready made evening meal and I have made a sugar free jelly ( thanks for idea ginette) for when the sugar urge comes again tonight… total kcals under 450….

Here’s hoping for a better day today

Audrey

oh ginette – I do hope you soon manage to emerge triumphant over your paper mountain!!

re. dryer, I don’t really have anywhere to put one – I do have a heated airer which works a bit, but I do miss the nice freshness of washing dried outside

Audrey – that sounded like one of my manic chocolate crazies!!
    I think we all have them, though
    I have not had any chocolate at all since Christmas (except hot choc drinks)
    so I am rather scared as to what will happen when I get the merest morsel in my mouth!!

I am on a roll at the moment – currently crocheting some Easter baskets and daffodil flowers to go on them (something I could have done weeks ago had I thought of it)

and I am planning to make some Easter biscuits FOR OTHER PEOPLE!!

I am scared of it being ‘after Easter’ as then I have all the upsetting stuff to deal with, and I will VERY likely turn to food

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

A dull one here after all yesterdays sunshine.

KT that was a good day for you yesterday… I don’t count my cals on FD that strictly so I reckon I usually come in about 550-600. I would probably lose quicker at 500 but I don’t want that panic if you know what I mean.

How wonderful to be able to crochet … those things always look so very pretty. I expect you can knit well too… You sound a good cook also .

Did that come in with your teaching … housecraft or anything. ( Probably don’t call it that now) lol.

Have a good day KT so thrilled you are feeling better . Xx

Gine.. You really are going to town with the paperwork sort out. Its always a job to know what to keep that you may need to refer too.

I still have all Andrews paperwork … thinking tax wise etc. I don’t think as 4 yrs have passed it would apply to me now.

What are your Easter plans… it doesn’t seem to be treated much differently to any other week-end .. shops opening and everything else.

Glad Pam is feeling better. Also a worry taken of your shoulders too.. plus the driving backwards and forwards.

How are you now health wise .. as you say better weather will help everyone. I have a few aches in hands with rheumatism which will go in the drier weather.

Have a good day Gine whatever you are doing. Xx

Aud … Lol sounds like a good night. Think I must have exchanged with you as it was very unbelievably good here. I bottle of wine … no snacks absolutely unheard of with Kristy around. Lol She has lost weight though and not eating half as much . Thing Is though think she has lost it too quickly and it shows in her face. Better gently .

Your beef sounds lovely can smell it from here.

Bet you will do well today with your will power once you get started.

Have a good day. Xx

Sym if you look in .. hope all is going well for you. Have a lovely time tonight at the reception. Xx

Hope everyone else is okay … newcomers welcome to join us. Xx

Brit lovelies
    May our Easter Baskets be filled with Joy ..Happiness..and Peace. Xx

A quick congratulations to all those Losing weight on this diet.
    I need to start losing weight as soon as possible, I want it for so many reasons and have heard about this diet’s success rate.

Sooo I’m going to try this diet for a month and see how I go.
    My Work is entering into a new phase which means alot of face to face meetings, I run a free business listing website for party suppliers at http://www.urpartyplanner.co.uk and really want to look and feel better when presenting myself to potential clients.

My other reason and most importantly is for my children, I want to take them swimming without feeling like people are looking at me and judging.

Its things like that, that actually made me gain more weight after I had my boys, along with a side order of PCO.

So Fingers crossed, and wish me luck!

Whoo whoo…..

I have done it….. I have finally done 10,000 steps on my treadmil in one go. …. it has taken me 90 mins. … but wow I feel much better now…. does anyone know how to padlock a fridge? Only joking…..

KT you are doing really well I am proud of you, I know you have a hard time coming up bit you have proved you can get through it and come back to us, so just do it again. … so what if you fall off the wagon for a day or so, just read my earlier post we all do it from time to time what matters in the long run is re joining our group and starting again, none of us here will judge you….

Hemmy I have 2 chocolate pudding things in the fridge for the girls tomorrow and how they are still there I don’t know, I had them both out at one stage last night lol…😀😀

I am determined today I am going to get through, I am now into minus calories I have already burned off what I am going to put in later…. if I start to reach for the chocolate again I will shout out loudly for help….

Sorry nikki our posts just crossed, welcome to the brits thread…. shout if you need any support. ..

Audrey

Whey Hey Aud

I said you would get your true grit brit going today . Xx Well done with those steps .. this early too.

Having a nice rest today … no dog walking duty. Lol Just going to put my Nice and Easy on my hair ( used the same colour for 20 yrs. ) lol and have a lovely soak in the bath … while waiting. Xx

Hi and welcome Nikki

We are a mixed bunch here. All routing for each other. Sharing ups and downs and no Judgement at all.

When are you starting Nikki. … lots of support … Keep looking in its the best way to keep on track or if you need help.

Good luck. Xx

Hi Audrey

How that made me smile, I have days like that, thankfully not a fast day normally. I do hope you succeed today. That shows you are just like the rest of us, human and prone to temptation. It will pass and the sensible times will return.

Sugar free jellies and such a good standby and do seem to help with the sugar urges. They are also quick to prepare and set. Good luck for today, I hope it is going well.

Hi KT

You are doing well to keep busy. I shall decide whether or not to sort my desk drawers out as I can’t find anything in them. Sadly these things I am doing don’t make anything look tidier unless you open drawers. I have done 5 drawers so far and two shelves. Granted one of the drawers had a few random things put back in there as I don’t know where else to put them. I have a few of those in the kitchen that need sorting out….but one room at a time.

I’m glad things are going well for you. I was great until last Easter and then ate too much chocolate, I got hooked and although I eat some now the three fast days help me. I buy it every week or so and then when it is gone it’s gone.

Hi Hemmy

It is much the same for me. I think it you have your children around things are different. I thought it was 5 years now. I have kept a few things. No have come across some sad things like two lots of funeral bills. I didn’t want to part with them, goodness knows why!!

I am still really stressed, I’ve been feeling really cross lately as if I have got PMT, I feel like a punch bag would help, I’ve no idea why I feel like this. It will pass I am sure, keeping busy keeps my mind alert and I know I should check my blood pressure.

Where would we all be without hair colour, I do mine the same colour as mine was it does seem to go a bit lighter in the sun though. It is a kind of light mousey brown. My son said I should try darker, I did once by mistake and had so many people ask me if I was ok, it obviously made me look ill.

Hi Nikki

You sound genuine but if you put up links to business sites you tend to get removed as spam. The links we tend to add are things that may be of interest to others to do with 5:2 or recipes.

If you are genuine, welcome to the thread and good luck.

Hi Audrey

Well done for your determined effort. Leave those chocolate puddings in the fridge. I hope the rest of the day goes well I shall have an early lunch and then have a look at those drawers. I know I have some floppy disks in there so I can dispose of most of those. I still have an old computer in France that uses them though.

Ginette

Hi Brits,

I have been away 24 hours and there’s more posts than last week!

I have been reading the posts lots of good fasts and lots of er eating.. One shared Easter egg gone here already and half bottle merlot 😀

Storm Katie has very much arrived here, rocking and rolling in the caravan… One thing Audrey I won’t have to clean her! Hoping to get to the wedding do a bit dry.

See daughter tomorrow still not good and in the same pain.

Have a good Easter I will keep up to date with posts.. Not easy on mobile phone

Jean x

Hi Jean

I had made plans to go out. I have just put them on hold. What a shame that the wedding is this weekend.

I gave a friend who us going over to France and traveling through to Portugal in their motor home. Unless the boats are cancelled of course.

I hope you dont get too wet.

Ginette

oh symba, so sorry to hear your daughter is still unwell
    she must go back to the dr/hospital – they should do an ultrasound at least I would think
    xx

Hi KT,

She has had a ultrasound and CT nothing has shown up..only morphine kills the pain.. she is on ordinary pain killers at home and they don’t help.. See how she is tomorrow.

Congratulations on your good FD knew you could do it…😀

Xx

Oh Sym .. what a worry … I do hope something can be done to stop the pain.
    Xxxx

Hi all, hope every one is doing ok. Nikki I’ve also got a galloping dose of PCOS. ..I hate it and all the problems it causes. Been odd here . I’ve been so moody (like Ginette said, permanent PMT) and so down . I think I may go and see gp with a view to changing antidepressants. .. I’ve been on Prozac for 23 of 24 years. Stu changed from prozac to sertraline about 4 weeks ago and hes put on 3/4 stone. Also had two increases of keppra (anti epileptic medication).
    Got loads on atm got a ESA form for Stu to get done and get checked before we send it back, motability car got to be serviced on Tuesday, which by time we drive there and backand they do everything will be 6 hours.We have had several hospital appointments and Stu is going in as in patient for haemorrhoidechtomy on 8th. Has any one else got experience of switching SSRI meds ? Been feeling so weird havent dared go near scales. On the up side been busy painting… a friend very kindly came and painted the stair well..managed the ceiling plus 2 coats of white on the walls then a coat of the good emulsion on the walls… looks good. But then I feltreally crap thatwhat ive done down stairs has taken me a couple of weeks and he managed all that yesterday. Oh for some energy.

Hi Jean

I hope they get to the bottom of the problem. Has she thought about alternative therapies acupuncture etc. It really depends on the route of the pain.

Hi Celtic

Nice to see you here. Yes I never suffered with PMT but this is exactly what people tend to describe it as. I have a family situation that is taking years to settle and its out of our hands. I need to resolve this before I feel as if I can get on with my own things again.

I’m sorry to hear that Meds aren’t right. That is half of the battle. I react really badly to changes of Meds. Poor Stu. I darent change my epilepsy ones. They have suggested that I might like a change ……I don’t think so!!

Yes I take comfort in that I am starting to have a sort out. I had a day off today, I shall resume again next week. Sorting and fast days seem to to go together.

Don’t forget that the clocks go forward.

Ginette

It’s happy Audrey here today…..

I managed a good fast day yesterday and did a very long workout, I am pleased to announce another 1lb loss only .5 of a lb to go then I am into the ten stone something and no longer 11 stone anything…. yeah….

I am slowly losing again and it feels good to be in charge again, I haven’t got to my lowest weight of last year yet but I will get there and it will be a big celebration when I do…

Celtic it’s good to hear from you, I haven’t got any experience to help you I am sorry to say, but you know we will all support you in whatever way we can, keep posting my friend you are never far away from my thoughts…

Jean, I hope they soon get to whatever it is that’s wrong with your daughter, such a worry.

I am off now to ready myself for the arrival of my granddaughter’s. ….Charlotte is to be confirmed this year so they are calling in after church… as you know we are only honorary grandparents as vicky stayed with us for a while when she was younger. .. so as her god mother and ian her god father has anyone e got any ideas what we can get her for her confirmation? It needs to be something she can keep for ever but she already has a cross and chain …..

Sorry for my big post will go now, keep in touch everybody good or bad we are here for each other…

Audrey

just to report – have lost over 3lb this week!! so back below the 14st again

although since I spent almost half the week fasting, I am expecting it to go up again

still it is a positive result

will spend more time replying later as have lots to do and church will take most of my morning

HAPPY EASTER to you all xxxx

Morning All,

A lot brighter day here in Gloucestershire.

A very well done to Audrey and KT on your weight loss.

Thanks for you thoughts, Hemmy, Ginette, KT, Audrey

Nice to see you back Celtic.

X

Morning all
    Last weigh in and lost another pound that’s 1.7 stone since 6th Jan my aim was to get the zip done up on my dress for sons wedding this Saturday pleased to say it’s up and now have room to bend.
    Going to Mexico next Tuesday 14 days can’t wait.
    A big THANKYOU for all your support you have given me I will be back as I need to lose more when I started last year in February at 13st13lb my aim was to get to 10st 12 lb not get there yet but I will my weight at present is 11st 4lb.
    IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU STAY FOCUS!!
    Well done KT you are doing great.
    What a talented hubby I have we now have a new oil boiler fitted and a extra radiator fitted in the utility room.

I’m fasting today Lynda x

Morning all,

Lynda, you know you are my hero, well done to you, Ian says he knows how hard I have been working so you must have been too so congratulations from him too…

Enjoy the wedding and the holiday, you deserve to….

Fast day here for me, anybody else?

Audrey

Morning All,

Storm Katie came the other day and has come back she’s been horrendous!

We are leaving later this morning as she is supposed to be going east… If not we will stay put…

Daughter is about the same back to GP Tuesday.

Lynda… You have done really well and got to were you want to be for the wedding.. Have a lovely day and of course your holiday in Mexico. Then back to tweak it a down a bit more.

I am about what you are or was and I need to loose the same.. Maybe 11 stone for me to aim for… You have really passed me and I need to pull our socks up… Xmas and India put a damper on our weight loss.

Fast day for us today so we will be joining you Audrey…. Had a very heavy weekend ☹ but enjoyable.

All for now from storm Katie

Jean X

Viewing 50 posts - 3,651 through 3,700 (of 35,396 total)

You must be logged in to reply.