Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 1 hour, 42 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 18,451 through 18,500 (of 35,400 total)

• I completely agree I’ve had a guts full or passwords today too… I think they’re designed to lie to us sometimes that they are wrong when they’re not!

Issues with the IKEA website this evening. I seem to be cursed with websites at the moment, issue after issue.

Good luck, Pseu!

Just about done my FD today.

Mx

Thanks. 🙂
    Getting peckish now, though it’s boredom rather than hunger.

Evening All..
    We had a lovely few hours at Bridlington and came back and settled on site..

We are on the move tomorrow to Driffield at a steam rally.. possibly not our thing but joining up with friends.. no electric on this site for 4 days.. hair will be a mess lol

Hedgehog..
    Sorry to hear your sons split up with his girlfriend.. but if it’s to be they may get back together at a later stage..

Daughter is having to pay the first £3,000 pounds insurance is paying the rest … she’s not happy but everyone is safe that’s the main.. it’s all done and sorted now..

Pseu..
    You sound very handy well done on the improvisation.. hope you get all your buying bits sorted out..

Dave..
    Have a good fishing day..

Minols and Pseu hope you both have a good finish on your FD..

Jean x

Evening!
    Pseudo- sounds like an interesting bit of recycling, using the bed as a desk, hope it works out! Hope you have more luck online too, sounds like an incredibly frustrating day, that would’ve sent me into comfort eating mode!
    Dave- have a good day fishing tomorrow, hope the rain hold off!
    Jean- hope the packing up & journey goes well tomorrow. Expensive time for your daughter…
    Minols- are you doing okay? & Kay too?
    We’ve been busy so FD a lot easier than I expected after the holiday! Puppies were lovely, obviously, & we got to meet mum, dad & auntie too, all gorgeous, smaller than Josie was, but nice & slim, not chunky labs. The people have lots of animals, but seem to care for them well, chaos in the house, but at least not anyone we’d have concerns with… we said yes to the pup, now have to wait until she’s 8 weeks, early September. We went to a pet shop & bought a few things, very exciting!! Son came with us, hope it’s taking his mind off things… he seems almost relieved that he’s made the decision now, he’s been brooding on it a bit. I feel for his girlfriend too though… Youngest was a bit more talkative this morning, so actually heard how the camp went (too hot to train in the day, so they trained at nights instead!!) The poor staff, they do it all voluntary & give up their annual leave to take the cadets!!
    Stay strong tonight, Minols, Kay & Pseudo!

Hi all… Not the greatest end to a FD – weakened and one sweet lead to too many! Oh well… A new day.

Jean – remember loving the steam rallies that we went to when I was a wee girl on holiday in Yorkshire – hope you enjoy!

HH – really hope your son copes with splitting from his girlfriend. After such a significant relationship it’s really hard for it to be completely over through anything other than not loving each other any more. Being grown up can be so hard… And maybe the next few weeks will clarify how he feels about all sorts of things about life – not just how he feels about her.

So glad you’ve got your puppy chosen –
    So lovely!

Jean – sorry your daughter has to pay such a chunk of the damage from the storm, but as you say, at least they are all safe.

Anyone fasting today or are we all relaxing?

Mx

Morning! Fasting still until lunchtime, out in a minute for a car boot, so that’ll keep me away from temptation! Have a good day everyone…

My hand slipped off the baton yesterday and although it was a low day, it wasnt a fast day!

Take 2 today and Ive tightened my grip!

Morning all, likely not eating until dinner, as per usual, but I do have extra cream in my coffee this morning as a bit of a post-FD treat. Will probably have another one later – daring, lol.

Minols, ah well, the good old ‘draw a line’ applies.

HH, the new puppy sounds exciting. I remember when I went to get a puppy, I couldn’t get over the size of them, bigger than I was expecting – I had a doberman and she was all legs and snout! I’ve learnt I’m definitely more of a cat person, but the funny thing is that one of my cats is a Siamese, and when she was a kitten she was exactly the same, just legs and snout.

Jean, hope the steam rally is interesting, nice to meet up with friends even if it does turn out to be not your thing.

Finally got my official uni login sent to me over night, so can sign up properly today and finish the funding application. I’ll be glad to get it all done and dusted so I can forget about it for a few months.

My FDs went really well, I think they are definitely easier on keto. I also think I’m finally starting to feel the start of the ‘mental clarity’ everyone talks about – I’m working my way through a prep course on scientific notation and usually my eyes would glaze over at the numbers but it’s making sense and I feel like I’m grasping it a lot easier than I usually would. Hoorah!

Morning All..
    Moving later than usual before noon… then at the next site by 2 pm.. we have a hour to kill on the way looking for a lay-by…

Hedgehog..
    How exciting about the puppy in September..lovely to meet all the doggy family and get a feel of them all…

Maxi is getting quite a big boy now (Dalmatian).. Buddy is now 5 stone, (German shepherd/retriever mix)..very big boy lol.. 4 and 5 months now..

Enjoy your car boot this morning.. more plants ??

Minols..
    Shame it’s so easy to have that bit extra.. like me this week knowing I would feel awful in the night ..

Kay..
    We are with you today.. 🤞🏻..we really need one FD this week ..

Pseu..
    Glad all things are sorted and you can get your course signed up by the end of day.. and funding..

Your Keto may help you be clear headed for your course..’ mental clarity ‘.. it must help..

Have a good day.. hoping we finish our fast day..

Jean x

Had to nip to ASDAs so decided I would get something for lunch. Got some ready cooked trout… full of bones. Very disappointing, picked through half of it but a waste of carbs, calories and money.

Sitting in lay by.. fast day off.. no fasting this week..2 pm start at site..

A lovely road side van with a good reputation.. bacon butty, American shortbread and coffee ..oh dear not strong enough to say no….ham salad for tonight but that’s a bit late now…

Pseu..
    Shame on the trout.. fish is never cheap..

Jean x

Evening!
    Pseudo- that’s a shame about the fish, not many carbs though! Haven’t had much of the mental clarity I don’t think, but energy levels are definitely better on keto!
    Jean- naughty, naughty, but you are on holiday! Hope the new site is nice!
    Kay- hope you’ve had a better day today!
    Dave- hope that the fishing was good!
    Still waiting for the dog lady to send copies of the elbow & hip scores for the parents- she couldn’t find them yesterday, we’re paying more for having good scoring parents, so want to be sure… she’s sent more lovely photos today! Jean- no plants today at car boot, I’m banned now! But we did get some cuddly toys (no eyes to bite & swallow) & a little ball pool for puppy!
    Managed no food until 5pm, had a good dinner tonight, & I’ll fast again tomorrow- need to get 3lbs off before we’re away again!

Hi All..
    All settled yet again.. still quite quiet yet in a very big area with tents, marquee’s and an arena being erected ready for Saturday and Sunday. All big steam stuff and rides, food vans arriving tomorrow ..we are on the edge of the field..no electricity..

So no fasting for us this week I have given up trying.. must be a very tight week from Monday. Shame we can usually manage the couple of fasts but not this time…..
    Friends arriving tomorrow and already saying which night out for a meal…

Hedgehog..
    I was laughing you getting already for the puppy..it’s taken your mind off plants… hoping all the paperwork is good on the parents.. September will soon be here…. I can feel the excitement…It’s like having a baby…
    Katie is hoping to start puppy training class, he yaps too much….as the children are back at their change of new school today ( all went well no tears)
    Charlotte starting on Tuesday, she cried as she has to wait for reception class…

Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- hope that you find somewhere nice to go for a meal… Glad that the boys were happy with their new school & hope Charlotte enjoys hers!
    Kay- did you manage to keep low yesterday?
    Weather not supposed to be good for us today, indoor jobs I suppose 🙁 Did 5 lots of washing & ironing yesterday! Puppy lady came back with the paperwork, all excellent! I’m fasting today, anyone else?

Morning All..
    A slow start on the weather this morning feeling chilly but I think we have been used to such a high heat.. we are supposed to be reaching 19 degrees…not much of cold weather clothes with us 😂

Hedgehog..
    Good news on the paperwork of the parents you can relax and get ready… is it a him or her.. people seem to like one or the other… a her??..decided on a name yet ??

What a lot of washing and ironing.. a good job out of the way.. have a good FD

A relaxing day for us..friends arriving about 3 pm..

Jean x

Moroni g all…

Up through the night for a few hours… Nightmare not being able to sleep, but at least I got the bulk of Sunday’s prep written.

Today will be a hard FD, being so tired, and I need to be a bit coherent for a meeting this morning. And then it’s the dentist… Grim! A new dentist who doesn’t seem happy with how the previous one never resolved the abscess issue this time last year. Not sure what she’ll do but seems really conscientious which in my book is good – but probably painful! On a positive note – I probably won’t feel like eating anything!

Hope you enjoy the steam rally, Jean.

Catch everyone later.

Mx

Hope I’m welcome back here, its been months since I’ve posted! I got to my goal weight and have maintained it okay, up and down the odd pound. I’ve noticed lately that the ups have been a bit more frequent, so I thought I’d revert to what works best for me, 5.2 🙂 It will be my first FD in months today, so hopefully I can manage it!

Its nice to see familiar faces still here, and some new names too. I notice that Hedgehogs is fasting today, so can I tag along with you??!

Have a great day everyone, its nice to be back.

Love from a sunny Manchester 🙂

Morning all, funny how you have iffy weather, today is our only forecast day of sun. I’m was up to early to really tell, but I dressed in a cami and shorts and have my fingers crossed the forecast is true. I’m a bit annoyed it’s meant to be raining heavily on Saturday, I have a hankering to go down Gower and Saturday is my only free day this week.

I might try to do a low day today, I enjoyed the curry I made last night immensely but I ate too much and feel like a slug this morning. I’ll probably change my mind and remake it this evening – was very yummy.

The B&Q saga continues – I feel like I’m living both in the store and on their website this week! I finally got the wallpaper I wanted, but it’s not as nice as I was expecting, and since it’s not cheap I think I’ll take it back and get some paint instead. I’m now on the look out for a big (but fairly inexpensive) print to go on the wall instead. Not seen anything I like yet.

Minols, seems to be dentist season between you and Hemmy. Hope it’s not too painful!

I never iron…

Dragonfly- welcome back, missed you & wondering how you were getting on! At least if you throw in some fasting days then it gives you space to relax a bit other days… hope it goes well today! (I am in maintenance mode too now)
    Minols- eek, hope that the dentist goes okay… if I’m having something nasty done I try to keep my mind off it by reciting the Lord’s prayer over & over, I know it’s weird but it does seem to help!!
    Pseudo- what did you make the curry with, did you have cauliflower rice with it? Can’t face eating that any more, I usually make cloud bread with some nigella seeds in like naan bread. Hope you get the wallpaper sorted for paint…
    Jean- another girl, the only name we can all agree on is Xena- although she’ll have a weird Kennel Club pedigree name, we don’t get a say in that, the lady laughed saying it’ll be a Peter Pan theme… Hope you’re not too cold today!
    I have finally got into gear & done a workout this morning- I’m terrible for getting out the habit of it & finding it hard to get back into. I did keep up with the squats while away though.
    Have a good day everyone (apart from Minols, ouchee)

Hello everyone fishing was good yesterday,it did rain a bit but i have a giant umbrella so not a problem,it is sunny Manchester today but only 17C.I feel stiff as a board after yesterdays fishing,Heidi has not been eating her usual amount of food so cooking her two chicken breasts and some rice.Fast day for me,trying a different approach,i have had two weetabix for breakfast,dont normally eat until evening,so will see how it goes.

HH, I cooked Quorn, mushrooms, peppers, cashews and hot chillis in butter, then added double cream. I have a tikka spice mix, so put loads of that in, along with garlic and onion powder, reduced it down a bit and hey presto. I do sometimes make cauliflower rice, but didn’t bother yesterday. I don’t think I’ll put the cashews in next time, they put my carb limit slightly over and it would have been just as nice without.

Thanks for the welcome back Hedgehogs 🙂 Well done on getting to maintenance, that’s amazing! You must feel great!!

I’m okay so far, I used to love my FD’s .. its just getting into the habit again ..

I’ve just noticed Hemmy is here again .. I’m SO glad about that 🙂

Dave, the sun didn’t last long. Now dull looking like rain Manchester lol!!

Keep strong x

Hi all sitting at the dentist… Tummy rumbling so really hoping I’m unable to eat after she’s finished with me as after being up for 3hours in the night I could eat my arm right now!

Dave – hope the experiment works. It’s good to mix it up a bit if you re in for the long haul… And what’s the worst that can happen? You discover you don’t like splitting your cals? Well, that would be a lesson learned. And best case is you find you can do your FD in different ways sometimes… And that’s useful to know too!

Beautiful day here – best of the week so far and ivm envying the boy being outside all day… Don’t envy him the shinty training – far too much like hard work for me and way to violent! But looking forward to stretching my legs in the sunshine later.

DF – lovely to have you back.

See you all later.

Mx

Minols…
    Hope all goes well at the dentist and she gets to the bottom of the abscess.. withTLC…hope your FD is going well….hope the boys enjoys his shinty training.. I thought it was singing Steve’s just told me what it is 😂

DF…
    Lovely to have you back.. if a few pounds up best to get on board and get them off..good luck on your first FD in a while..

Pseu..
    Hope you get your wall paper or paint sorted..I have bought prints on line, they also do cheap posters maybe an idea..AllPosters.co.uk

Hope your weather holds..your curry sounds yummy..

Hedgehog..
    A different name is it pronounced zena?? Well done on the workout.. I will definitely need something when back..

Dave..
    Hope Heidi enjoys her chicken and you can tempt her to eat…

Sitting outside reading and been lazy..it’s ok but a bit cool..

Jean x

I’ve been trawling through AllPosters, thought they were bound to have something I like but nothing grabbing me. I found an old poster last night that I’ve had since the early ’90s, it’s been well loved and is looking pretty battered, I managed to track down the artist and emailed him to see if he still does prints – if I could get one about three times the size it would be perfect… it was for Greenpeace though so I suspect there are image rights issues and he won’t be able to do it.

I am hungry, & my arms are looking quite tempting too, Minols! Hope you’re doing okay DF? & Dave; did the Weetabix help? I hope that Heidi is okay?
    Pseudo- the curry sounds yum! Hope you can get a poster… Otherwise have you got any good photos you could have a canvas printed from?
    Jean- yes, pronounced Zena.
    I have been trying to sort photos, it’s been frustrating… I think hubby has mistakenly deleted some of mine, but as the camera & SD card were playing up I have no proof! Old SD card won’t show the photos from the new camera, so uploaded half then had to switch card to new camera again & upload the rest, then my computer hides them away somewhere! aaah! I am thinking of updating my phone so maybe I could then just send them to people- my phone won’t send pics any more for some reason, & my computer won’t import any photos from it
    … I just want an easy phone though as such a technophobe! Sorry, I’m whingey & grumpy now! And it’s raining…

Pseu…
    Shame on the poster place though they may have something… I should have a picture delivered at home today.. fingers crossed I like it.. neighbour is collecting it for me..green peace sounds a good choice..

Hedgehog…
    I feel for you, I have a problem with my phone .. it’s driving me batty.. trying to sort it out for two weeks now I shall try again when I get home.. American daughter can’t ring me but I can get her there’s no reason at all…if I am on my e mails it rings and she gets through..??

Cameras is Steve’s department I have no idea to help you..

Jean x

The Weetabix was a success,not been hungry all day,had my evening meal and am around 600 calories,I usually do 800 calories so I can have a yoghurt and an orange.

Well done Dave! Minols & DF, how are you doing?
    Why am I so hungry today?! Distracting myself looking on Pinterest for cupcake ideas- I’m making beach theme ones for friend of a friend’s wedding. Just ordered a shell mould, will be fun making them! Roll on bedtime… but I think I’ll be waking early often do after a FD!
    Holding fire on the phone for now- son thinks he might be able to scrounge an IPhone6 from friends who’ve upgraded! Then he can help me with it!!

Yesterday was a successful fast. I was going to do another one, but unlike you Dave, once Id eaten earlier in the day it was game over…lol
    Its been a lowish day though, so all good.

DF good to ‘see’ you again!! A few fast days will get you sorted but dont leave us straight away…lol

HH, if I could understand what you are trying to do, I could try and help but Im not sure….lol. Beach themed cupcakes, how cool. What ideas have you found??

Pseu, the poster sounds like a good idea but I think you might be right with copyright etc. Curry sounded yum, my kind of meal.

Minols, hope the dentist visit was successful, painfree and also beneficial..lol

Dave, hope Heidi enjoyed her chicken and seems better. Is this something normal for her. It would really worry me if Ellie was off her food, as in spite of everything she never looses her appetite!

Jean, not sure if you have already had the steam rally or its this weekend. Either way, enjoy your stay. I so want to go camping again but need Neils days off to fall midweek.
    Still waiting for Neil to get home, hes obviously had a long difficult shift as he texted me earlier saying he had been struggling to find some addresses for his deliveries.

Ive been looking after 2 cats this week whilst someone on holiday and tomorrow morning is my last visit. They are so cute, 2 brothers but very different characters. Then Ive got my usual Friday holiday cottage changeover so that will stop me eating til early afternoon. Then I just need to be sensible for rest of day. Same on Saturday. Just need to stick with it and get back into the 5:2 groove with a bit of the dirty diet thrown in too!!

Have a good weekend all x

She had all the chicken,then had a tin of dog food later,a few chews then was trying to get more😆

Morning!
    Dave- glad Heidi has her appetite back, it’s worry when they lose it… Nothing put Josie off hers, except when she had pancreatitis badly.
    Kay- Well done keeping low! That’s a pain if Neil’s days off are different to yours, hope you can get another trip in! Have the holiday cottages not been to bad to clean? It was when washing up was left used to really bug me! (the beach theme is for a wedding, I’ve seen lots of cute cakes with edible sand & sea shells on them, otherwise little beach towels, flip-flops & sunglasses look good. I can make all the icing decorations ahead, just do the cupcakes last thing… I want to do as much as possible beforehand as I think it coincides with when we can get our puppy! Give the cats a hug from me! Too near a busy road for us to have one…
    Minols- how was yesterday at the dentist?
    DF- did you find the first FD for a while okay?
    Pseudo- did the weather stay good for you? We had rain all day, miserable, although I know we need it.
    Jean- hope you have a good day with your friends!
    Lynne & Santanna- hope you’re having good holidays, not sure when you’re back…
    Cakey- where are you? Work still busy?
    I managed to sleep later than I thought today, the scales were very good this morning (2.5 lbs off this week), & the sun is shining, so I feel happier today! Nothing planned except for a haircut today.

Morning all,

Thanks for the welcome back 🙂

Hedgehogs, well done on another 2.5 off, amazing 🙂

My FD went okay yesterday, mind you I was SO hungry by the evening. I save the cals for an evening meal, as once I start to eat, I’m less likely to stick to it. Bit of a headache this morning, but otherwise feeling good. Next one will be Monday!

It was throwing it down with rain when I set off to work, nice and sunny now. Strange weather, but its been a wonderful summer .. definitely cant complain this year 🙂

x

Morning All..
    A bit of a rain shower this morning..a bit cool.

We are going to a local busy market town, Beverley, later our friends really love it.. a nightmare to park though.. have a bit of lunch and meal out tonight… lucky for us they have had friends staying and totally food and drink out.. so maybe good for us lol..

My hair might manage the day, just, should be washed this morning..will have to tie it back.. no hair dryer..

Hedgehog..
    The beach theme sounds interesting for the wedding..I am not good at the decorating side.. you do some lovely things..you have lots of good ideas it makes you think..

Well done on the weight loss..

Kay..
    Looking after some pussys.. different.. the steam rally is on Saturday and Sunday all day till 11pm.. we came on Wednesday..all quiet as up to now..

Glad you are getting back on board.. 😁.. hope you can fit in some camping soon. France has major floods now washing out loads of sites.. poor people..on TV..

Dave..
    Glad Heidi is feeling better ..it’s a worry..

Lot of rain now… 🙁.. I shall have to see what coats I have in the car.. no colour matching today 😂 this will be a day when I meet up with people I haven’t seen for years lol..

No weigh in for us today.. thank goodness..

Jean x

Morning all, raining a lot this morning, a bit nippy too, I had the heating on in the car.
    I felt a bit rough yesterday morning, and as the day progressed I felt worse and worse – ended up sleeping most of yesterday evening. I was tempted to go home early, but I had to wait for a courier before I could leave, and before I knew it it was time to go home anyway (annoyingly the courier still hadn’t arrived, had to leave the parcel with my sister in law). I feel a bit better this morning, but still not healthy… very fuzzy and delicate, I hope no one tries to talk to me today I don’t have the energy. Can’t wait to get home and back to bed.

Anyone fasting today?

Sad start to the day….healing positive thoughts please…

My nephew has been admitted to hospital in the night with pneumonia and we are waiting to hear what the plan is.
    He was diagnosed with bowel cancer a while ago, then developed lung mets and was undergoing chemo which seemed to be helping. Unfortunately he then had a lesion on his spine which they recently operated on. It didnt give him back the use of his arm but it did lessen the pressure on the spinal cord and reduce the pain a little. He was recovering well and awaiting to restart the chemo for his lungs, then developed a lesion in his brain, which he has had radiotherapy on, making him quite unwell. This weekend should have seen him start to get better as the side effects wear off. Unfortunately his chest has been steadily getting worse and worse.
    He is 37 and his wife (they only got married 1.5 years ago, some will remember me originally losing weight for the wedding) and his wife is pregnant with a due date in 6 days time.

There is nothing anyone can say to them or my sister at the moment, but if as many people send postive vibes and Minols, maybe a prayer for him, then who knows….

X

Oh Kay that’s awful, he’s been through so much. Sending all the positive thoughts I can his way. x

Kay, words are never enough. I’m sending lots of positive vibes your way. I’m so sorry, this is heartbreaking 🙁

HUGS x

Kay… Of course. And it won’t just be me. Holding up the whole family.
    Have courage – for yourself, your nephew and family.
    Mxx

Just found out another ex workmate has passed away,he had bone cancer,he is older than me, having a bad year,so many passed away.Thus us why I said to Denise we should have lots of holidays while we can.Need some good news.

Kay- will be praying for you & your family too- big hug to you all, what an awful time for them.
    Dave- sorry to hear about your friend too, glad you’re making the most of your retirement. My Dad lost quite a few friends before & just into retirement, he said the same & they’ve been blessed with 20 years of good memories, make them while you can…
    Pseudo- hope that you feel better soon…
    Jean- hope you have a good trip out despite the weather!
    Annoying day- dog crate arrived & broken, went through Amazon’s return procedures, toddled off to post office, they couldn’t take it as too big, so have now had to organise a courier & claim money back. Would’ve been easier to have kept the broken one, but it’s the principle- it’d obviously been opened before & resealed, so someone must’ve already returned it! Still at least we’ve plenty of time to find another one… & we got our good housekeeping deposit back from last weekend’s stay, so that was good!

Afternoon All..
    We have had a lovely day out and lunch..

Pseu..
    Hope you are feeling better.. our day improved after the rain stopped this morning and it got a bit warmer…

Kay..
    Sending positive vibes to you nephew and all of you… it’s so very sad, I remember you going to the wedding… hoping you have some better news about him today…

Dave..
    You too a sad time.. we are getting to that age.. we are doing the holidays while we can…

Hedgehog..
    So annoying when things come broken.. we had the same unusual shape at the post office we used Hermes it worked out a lot cheaper but slow to go back.. I know yours is sent now but a thought for the future .. glad your deposit has arrived back..

Hemmy…
    Are you ok, missing you this week..

We are having a problem with the fridge door in the caravan, the two boys are going to have a go at mending it.. hope it works as it’s full of food!!

Out for our meal but still full.. can’t wait for Monday and fasting..

Jean x

Hi all.
    Just about managed yesterday’s FD. Dentistreferring me for the abscess /root problem, so not as bas as it could have been!

Waiting for brother in law and kids to arrive for the evening… Last minute plan so unexpected fun tonight for the boy! Just put in a massive pizza order to pick up in an hour – yum!

Mx

Morning all!
    Kay- any news? Thinking of you… am doing Healing On The Streets today, so will get the team to pray for your nephew if it’s okay?
    Minols- hope you don’t have to wait for too long to get the abscess sorted & hope the pizza was good!
    Jean- enjoy the rally!
    Pseudo- hope that you get some good weather & can get out for a walk this weekend!
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Morning all.

Sunny at the moment, but apparently that’s a trick and from 12 there will be torrential rain. 🙁

Kay, any news?

Jean, hope the steam rally is going well. Any luck with the fridge door? My parents have a camper van and they’ve been having a lot of problems with their fridge recently too… must be the season for it.

HH, I think I asked before, but do you count calories? I know that’s not the aim on Keto, but some people on the 2Dudes forum do and some don’t. I’ve been using an app to track macros, but it’s a bit alarming when it shows a fairly high calorie count.

Minols, good that the dentist wasn’t too painful. Are you worried about the referral?

I’m still a bit snotty (gross, sorry), but on the mend. What’s most annoying about the weather is that last night and tonight are supposed to be the best time to see the Perseid meteor shower, and if the weather had been good I would have gone to one of the Dark Skies events in the Brecon Beacons and grabbed the chance to have a look through their telescopes. The Beacons is a designated protected dark sky area so I bet the stars (and meteors) would have been amazing. If any of you are out in a dark spot this evening with a clear sky take a look. Annoyingly my garden has a streetlight right at the end of it that bleaches out everything.

The artist I emailed about doing a print got back to me and said he’ll do it, so that’s my wall sorted! I was tossing up between the pretty but generic ‘misty mountain reflected in lake’ or this one. Because it was commissioned by Greenpeace it’s more apt – half the painting is beautiful and teaming with life, the other half is dark and polluted, so when I’m doing my coursework and have had an absolute guts full I can look at that and remind myself what I’m working towards.

Went to paint the wall last night and realised I don’t have a clean roller and tray so, guess what, back to B&Q AGAIN.

That was long, sorry, I must be chatty this morning!

Morning All..
    A beautiful day strappy top and shorts on…up early hair washed, out and about drying in the wind.. now rollers in 😂… I have an inventer for hair straighteners so hope they work not as good as my GHDs..

Kay..
    Hoping your nephew starts to improve and better news today…

Pseu..
    Glad the posters sorted it’s very thoughtful for your course.. a day for painting .. I shall be starting again shortly..

The fridge is sorted it had moved off its axle.. much better now.. glued a broken bit on too..sorted!

Minols..
    Hope the night went well with the family.. glad the dentist is sorting out your root problem..

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your healing day…

Speak later.. have good weekend all…

Jean x

Good morning everyone,Sunny here today,i got on the scales and have lost 1.5 lbs so thats good.Denise is doing a bit of packing ready for our mini break next week in Somerset,it will be a chance to try my camera out.Hope the weather is dry on Wednesday for the speedway.Heidi has gone the opposite way and is eating us out of house and home,will see if she is still hungry today,just gave her a tin of tuna mixed with iams dog food.

Pseudo- that sounds a very apt poster for your course, hopefully it will encourage you! No, I definitely don’t count calories, I tried the MFP but got fed up with it as it was inaccurate for carbs, but the calories count was scary which did put me off a bit too! I do still count carbs & try to keep under 20g. Haven’t had a good day today- bought some salted almonds as I was out lunchtime, ended up devouring the whole packet!! (!0g carbs, didn’t look at the calories, low carb dinner planned!!) Hope the forecast is better than expected, I’ll try to look out for it, but we’re quite built up here so seeing things never easy!
    Jean- Hope the weather holds for you too, & have a lovely day with your friends!
    Nicer here than expected. Poor youngest son had another puncture this morning, had one 2 days ago, costing him a bit in tyres, good job that he’s getting plenty of work!

Hi all,
    No news on my nephew, he’s still very poorly and they arent very hopeful although he is breathing a little easier today so give it another 24 hrs I think.

One of my friends from back home at my mums lost her mum last week to cancer. I wanted to go back for the funeral but its a long way and its difficult with Ellie and Neil working…sigh

I am eating healthy meals…lots of salad and protein, but too many snacks and baddies so not lost any weight. Need to plan fasts for next week, but will see how the next days go.

Dave, well done, you are still losing steadily.

Jean, tshirt and shorts…its been wet and windy here today. How was the steam rally?

HH, healing on the streets? What does that involve then?

Minols, hope you enjoyed your pizza last night.

Pseu, glad you are going to get your picture. I have the same issue here with a street light polluting the night sky outside the house!

Neil and I headed onto the beach at tea time yesterday. The tide was in and we paddled in the sea, taking in those positive ions, just what I needed.

Looking forward to a lie in tomorrow with no alarm. Ive finished my cat duties and I have no work, so Im going to have a lazy morning. The weather is supposed to be really bad here tomorrow, so nothing planned.

Catch you all tomorrow x

Viewing 50 posts - 18,451 through 18,500 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.