Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,945 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 21 hours, 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 18,501 through 18,550 (of 35,432 total)

• Evening All..
    A lovely day here a lot of walking.. the steam rally was really a large, although I enjoyed it I think it was a mans thing.. lots of old motorbikes, cars and all the steam things… there was an old tractor what Steve worked on 52 years ago, so he was excited about that..

Lovely to catch up with friends.. quite liked the empty field at the start of the week..

Dave..
    Well done on your weight loss quite consistent… enjoy your holiday away next week..

Hedgehog..
    Our weathers been lovely and hot… but the rain has just started.. just love the rain to go to sleep to.. hope your healing day went well and you helped a few people..

Kay..
    Sorry to hear your nephew is still about the same.. it’s very sad.. healing thoughts to you all ..have a lovely lazy day tomorrow.. think we will be leaving here after lunch..

Jean x

There used to be a firm just up the road from me that made tractors, Massey Ferguson.

Morning all!
    Forgot to get something out the freezer last night, it was my first thought as I was dozing, so couldn’t get back to sleep, an early start for me! Weather forecast is bad for here to, so doing a roast, first one in ages!
    Kay- a group of people from all different Churches go out & give out leaflets offering to pray for anyone- we have chairs so they can be prayed for there & then or otherwise take requests. We prayed for your nephew to, hope that was okay… I hope that you hear better news today, & sorry to hear about your friend’s mum as well, wish I was near & could help dog sit Ellie! Thinking of you, big hugs…
    Dave- sorry I missed you post yesterday, well done on the weight loss! Pleased that Heidi is feeling better & eating well. Packing already?! What day do you go?
    Jean- must’ve been funny for Steve to see a tractor he knew! How did Steve manage with the walking, is there any improvement in his hip?
    Hope that everyone else is okay!
    I’m hoping for a more careful day after yesterday eating too much! Did feel shattered & very achey in the afternoon- I’d been on my feet a lot, done shopping after being out in the morning, then did some gardening, wasn’t sure if it was that or coming down with something… tried to reseed some patches of grass- it looks awful. Weeds seem to have taken over a lot of it, & there’s just big completely bare patches too- the puppy is going to have a field day, she’ll be digging it all up! Then it rained, so probably washed all the seed away!

Dull start to the day here, looking like rain is not far away.We go away Tuesday and I am trying to twist Denise’s arm to go to Swindon on Thursday straight from Somerset,more speedway, Denise likes speedway so got a chance,would drive there and book a room for the night,so if it’s going to rain I won’t go but drive home from Somerset.Heidi’s friend Willow has just walked past our house,she is a rottweiler 😁

Morning All..
    Bucketing down with rain this morning should be stopping anytime now..

Just having a lazy morning, packing and getting things together see how we go.. think we are going after lunch..

Big fasting week ahead for us both to pull back .. been eating far far too much…

Hedgehog..
    You seem like you had a good day yesterday maybe doing too much..apparently grass goes to sleep in droughts it will all come back to life with rain, I wouldn’t worry too much..

Steve walked with his wheel chair and he managed quite well, he had loads of tablets, and sat off and on as we walked around.. the seats were all in use so a good idea..

Dave..
    Hope you twist her arm for speedway..

This has been sat in limbo and not sent 😂😂

We are now home looking very much like rain..

Jean x

Think Swindon is on the cards,just going to check the weather on the day,if dry we will go.Dont know whether to fast or not the next two weeks,I still ache from fishing so I think I will invest in a fishing chair.Still very dull here so don’t send me the rain Jean.

Hi all, I’m back from a lovely break. Only had a quick look at your posts, you all seem to be really busy.

Weighed this morning lost a lb so really pleased as I had one or two cream teas, the odd coffee and cake 🍰🍰 and a glass of wine 🍷 or two, did a FD once (almost) had fluid only all day (which I found easier than expected) then we went out for an evening meal with the family had stir fry chicken with noodles followed by clotted cream ice cream 🍨 ohhh… it was lovely.

Hopefully going to have a FD tomorrow (back in work), so will be out and about with my clients, must remember to order tea only no coffee and cake lol.

Hope you are all alright. Good luck to the FD’ers this week. xx

Santana- glad you had a good break, & well done 1lb down, sounds like you had treats on holiday too! Hope back to work goes smoothly tomorrow…
    Jean- safe journey home! Re the grass- some bits are coming back to life, that’s fine, but there’s big bare patches of earth with no grass, weeds or anything! There was a big ants nest, the birds adopted it as a dustbath, & it seems to have spread! I did water quite a bit still through the drought so the little bits of grass we had didn’t die back. Weeds are flourishing too!
    Dave- hope the forecast is good for next week. Sympathy for the aches & pains!
    Kay- thinking of you…
    Hope everyone else has had a good weekend.
    I’ll be fasting too tomorrow- is it going to be a mass fast?

Dave…
    Hope the rain holds off…we are having rain all day tomorrow..😬

Santana..
    Glad you have had a lovely holiday with lots of treats…I think you have faired better than us…I am going nowhere near the scales….

Hedgehog…
    Our front grass is dead our back grass is growing…Steve is convinced we have an underground water leak??

We will be fasting tomorrow

Jean x

Keep it Jean,don’t want any rain.😎😎😎😎😎

So food intake gone downhill, good work earlier in the week undone from eating badly these last few days. Going to attempt to fast tomorrow.

My nephew is sadly going downhill, its just a waiting game and a matter of when rather than if 😢
    No sign of baby yet unfortunately.

Seize the day guys x

So sorry Kay.

Morning everyone…
    Kay- really sorry about your nephew, hope that the baby comes soon…Staying on track’s not really important at the moment…

Thinking of you Kay, stay strong *tight hugs*

Morning all.

So sorry to hear that Kay, fingers crossed the baby makes an appearance soon. Thinking of you all. x

Mix of blue skies and cloud here, chopping and changing. Already had a bit of a stressful morning – car battery was flat again. It’s the second brand new battery that’s in there, so it’s definitely something with the car that’s draining it. Mechanics are annoying in that they just say ‘I must have left something on’ when I know, 100%, that I turn everything off. There’s something weird going on. Luckily last time it went flat I bought a portable jump-starter that lives in my boot, so I could jump it myself without trying to find someone to help. Super annoying though.

I also discovered yesterday that I have a wasp nest in my attic. I rang the council, getting it sorted is not cheap, but according to the lady once it gets cold they’ll die off and won’t go back to the same nest, so fingers crossed that’ll happen and I can get my money back. God everything is money at the moment, it’s one big expense after another. The uni fees looming in September are making every expense a stress rather than just an inconvenience.

I’m planning to fast today, but my folks might be staying with me this evening, which will scupper the plan. I don’t tell anyone I fast because I don’t want to get into the same old ‘starvation mode’ debate, and though I’ll be eating a different dinner to my parents they’ll definitely notice if I don’t eat anything (as I prefer on a fast). Maybe I can make a salad and keep it as low as possible. Or mix an oxo cube into some sort of respectable looking soup.

Are a lot of us fasting today?

Kay..
    Thinking of you all, he is so young.. hoping the baby arrives so he can have a cuddle..

Hugs to all the family..

Jean x

Morning All..
    Bright at the moment.. weather news states the heat is coming back…

We are fasting today..debating what to do.. looking for some pictures frames for the bedroom.. tapestry silk and ring..

My friend gave me an unfinished tapestry of two geisha girls to see if it would fit somewhere in the bedroom.. it’s really lovely but although she has finished 3/4 of it, I shall continue to finish it.. it goes to embroidery which isn’t her thing.. still I haven’t done this sort of thing for 60 years 😂.. hope I don’t make a dogs dinner of it…

Pseu..
    Shame on the battery.. I asked Steve.. he said how long does it take to go flat? Days, weeks, months??

It’s always the same one thing goes wrong then it’s one thing after the other ..caravan was like it this time 4 things !! but we managed to sort it out between us, and help from friend on the fridge door ..

It will be hard this week for us fasting as we have eaten all sorts this past week, quite naughty for us.. back on the straight and narrow.. hope you manage with mum and dad visiting .. it makes it hard when cooking for others..

Have a good fast everyone..

Jean x

I’ll join in with the FD 🙂 Mon/Thur always worked well for me previously.

Hope I can do it! Getting back into the habit …

Good morning FB Brits Xx

Hi all, much cooler than late so been busy in the garden… Still hardly any rain here… lawns looking much greener though… with the drop in Temp.

Weight still staying stable … but never eating solid food from 7pm .. through till 1pm next day. .. Just a big full cream all milk coffee at about 8.30 am after walking Then a cup of tea around 11am. … 1pm Sandwich with small Warburtons wholemeal .. and fruit. …

I have really noticed when I occasionally join anyone for breakfast of toast etc… I could be eating again at 11/12am …. just the coffee seems to fill me and I am not starving at 1pm. When I eat have gone till 2/3pm often when out.

Also noticed if I drink wine … a lb or 2 goes on overnight and I am hungry with it… drinking dry cider just pee more lolol and dont feel the hunger .. istnt that weird.

Just love wearing size 12s now .. I am for once after many years of yo yoing .. know I will never do size 16/18 again. Feeling confident.

Kay so sorry to read your sad news… my prayers are with you all. Xx

D F Soooooo Lovely to see you back here. Hope all is well with you and yours … Xx

H H… Cant wait to hear the adventures that the little puppy will create .Bet you are counting down the days. lol Xx

Sym… Hope all is well with you and Steve… you are busy bees. Xx

Brads… hope the weather stays good for your breaks. Xx

Pseu… Things always seem to come at once where expense is concerned… hopefully then all done for a while.

I find it harder when not alone with food … I try not to mention any form of dieting or way of life eating style with anyone… as it can get boring for both sides. Lol. Xx

Have a good day all.

Brit lovelies…Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness. Xx

He passed away at 5.30am No sign of baby unfortunately. Harsh timing.
    Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

X

Kay, I’m so sorry, that’s such sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family. x

Jean, the car battery, it’s weird, I was driving it on Saturday morning, no issues, go to get in today and it’s completely flat – alarm and central locking not working, no lights at all on the dash, not even a tiny bit of juice. I can’t figure it out – I use my car a lot, in the week I’m driving at least an hour commute so it’s not like it never gets a good run.
    The tapestry sounds nice, will it take a long time to finish?

Hemmy, it’s great your weight is staying stable, are you at target now? It’s fantastic that you’re feeling confident in your new togs.

Santana, well done on the 1lb weight loss, great result when you’ve been on holiday.

Thanks for the link Dave. Alternator has been checked and it’s a new battery… what makes it really strange is that it’ll be fine for a month or so and then for no apparent reason just go again. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern to it. I think most of those reasons would cause it to happen more often. :S

Pseu..
    We are out and about…
    Steve said… has the fan belt been checked.. could be slipping.. as if working for a month, then stopping, then weekend and stopping…

Speak later
    Xx

Pseu..
    If that’s been checked.. you need somebody to do a multi metre check between your battery and car.. to see if anything is draining your battery..

Xx

Maybe an auto electrician,It’s absolutely chucking it down here,can’t take Heidi out in it,no fasting for two weeks I think,hope I don’t gain to much.

Kay … so sorry to hear your news.. all so very sad.

Thinking of you all. Xxxx

Hello all its lovely and sunny in god olde Gloucestershire today and it’s a fast day.
    Im on a night shift tonight so might go for a run to keep me awake later.
    Last week I got 2lbs away from my goal weight of 10st 10lbs and I am now going to move my goal weight to another stone down at 9st 8lbs

Pseu… Yes think I am about at my best weight now after many years of constant fretting about it. So a relief.

I cant help with your car problem I’m afraid … its one of the few things I wouldn’t dare have ago at. lol.. Hope you get some joy. Xxxx

Hemmy, It would be nice to be comfortable with my weight, I think the last time I was really happy with it was over ten years ago. I don’t have a huge amount to lose, but I always seem to be hovering at about 10-14lb higher than I’d like.

SJC, well done on getting to your first goal weight, that must be pretty exciting!

I still have a long way to go,not sure if i will ever get there.But will try for now and see where it takes me.

Afternoon All..
    Back from shopping we got the picture frames although I need to spray them as I want silver…

Going strong only had a couple of drinks, two long phone calls so time is passing nicely…

DF..
    Hope your FD is going well…

Hemmy…
    It’s lovely you have got down to the weight where you want to be and holding tight…nice you have got in your garden ours us still looking bad..the back grass seems to be growing…

Kay..
    I am so sorry..what a sad time for everyone and he didn’t see his baby…I feel for his wife, heart breaking…

SJC..
    Well done at getting to goal and shifting it down a bit more…

Dave…
    You will get to your goal…feel positive 😀

Nearly eating time….keep strong everyone..

Jean x

Afternoon…
    Kay- thinking of you & your family, especially niece-in-law, having the baby on her own now, so sad that he can’t be there. Hugs x
    Pseudo- hope that you can get your car sorted, those sort of intermittent faults are such a pain… have a nice evening with your parents, do you eat omelettes? Salad sounds like a good plan!
    Jean- good luck with the embroidery!
    SJC- hi & welcome, well done on achieving the first target! Especially with working nights too; they’re a killer on the waistline!
    Hemmy- so good that you’re keeping stable with the weight! I’m hoping I can this time, losing it is getting harder each time, I want to stick to fasting & keto for now to keep it even…
    Dave- hope you can not go too mad with your weight on your mini holiday!!
    DF- is it going okay for you?
    Been to the cinema today as it’s been rainy, didn’t really help fasting though with people munching popcorn all around! Liquid for me today. Keep strong everyone!

Pork salad, we were quite ready for it….

Hedgehog…
    Apparently it’s cross stitch not tapestry…had my two long phone calls …then pushed on, went wrong.. had to take three lines out…carefully..a bit tricky but done…all away for the day….

Well done at the cinema..I have toffee popcorn in…er unopened…lol

Jean x

Good luck SJ getting to your next goal. Xx

Pseu…it seemed awhile of lbs up and down till all of a sudden it just seemed to gradually settle at losing a lb a time and staying off. I don’t think it was as they say a lb every week though. Life gets in the way… Xx

Brads… you will definitely get there .. you show great determination .. with walking Heidi and Kirsty meals you cant go wrong. Xx

Sym… My garden should look somewhat decent as I spend most of my waking life there .Plus… Mums help too at week-ends. Its what I spend any spare cash on and my great passion. lolol…

Hedgehogs… You seem to have cracked the Keto and fasting… I honestly don’t know how you manage with all your baking and hungry men… Well done you. Xx

Kay … thinking of you and yours. Xx

DF and San How is it going with you. Xx

Anyone out there wanting to lose any surplus lbs … come on in draw up a chair this is the place for good support to do it. Xx

Hi All
    Busy days Sunday and Monday – struggling with juggling the boy off school and work. He goes back on Wednesday and a part of me can’t wait to be able to get back to the ‘normal’ juggling and get stuck into all the work that is piling up (feeling it this week especially for some reason) – but a part of me would have him chum me around all the time!

Kay – so sorry to pick up your news when I came on this morning. Prayers for all the family. I have a couple of ‘right’ funerals this week – if you know what I mean – people who have lived full, long lives that have been rich and good for them and others. Your nephew’s has been too short, and just leaves everybody at a loss.

As you’ll see from the hour, I can’t sleep! Have a number of ill people on my heart – plus the joy of being given a colleague starting with me from September. We meet today, and although she’s part-time it will be such a joy to be working with her. I have good folk I work closely with and wouldn’t be without but it’s a bit different when they are a part of who I’m here for. MM will be alongside me for the sake of others so I’m looking forward to it. Just need to get some papers and plans ready for her now!

Which is what I’m off to do. I think today will probably be a FD – don’t have any obvious days to take this week, what with one thing and another – so I mustn’t stay up too long or I’ll not make it.

Catch you all later.
    Mx

Morning all!
    Minols- that is an early start! Getting your son back to school will make things a bit easier in the day time I’m sure, & exciting to have an extra pair of hands! Hope you stay strong today, an early start makes it harder for me…
    Hope everyone fasting stuck with it okay yesterday? Fasting still for me today, not much planned, seeing my sister for a walk at some point I hope.

Morning all.

Didn’t manage to fast yesterday, too tricky with my parents chowing down next to me. I was planning to do today and tomorrow instead, but I’m not really feeling it, I’ll see how it goes.

Morning all,got to go to my daughter’s then off to Somerset,just took Heidi out,fed her and gave her fresh water.Hope you are all doing well.

Morning All…
    A cloudy day…I am going to have my eyes tested this morning and Steve staying at home playing with spraying his bike bits to finish his bike…I think…🤞

We had a good day fasting yesterday thought it might be hard after eating loads but it went quite well…

Hemmy..
    Your garden must be lovely..

Minols..
    What an early start..makes such a long day…lovely you have some help coming too…my grandchildren are already in school in Louisiana, little one is first day in reception today…they stagger that..hoping things calm down when he’s at school and get things back to normal….

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your walk later with your sister…

Pseu…
    Always nice to have a catchup..it’s always difficult fasting when people about…hope you get the feel for it as the morning progresses….

Any update on your car?

Dave..
    Enjoy Somerset and speedway…have a lovely break…

Kay..
    Thinking of you all…

Jean x

Good morning FB Brits.. xx

Another beautiful day. … Busy morning going to shop for Mum before she goes home till Saturday.

Have an afternoon tea out tomorrow … a friends birthday .. near Aylesbury so need to get an outfit sorted. lol

Sym… its an old established garden… My cottage 200 yrs old was The Coach House to the ” big house” parts all sold off over the years. So lots of trees etc .. I try to keep it all so I can cope with it all apart from some trees that are trimmed back yearly. I do enjoy it though. Lol Xx

Hope everyone is having a good day whether Fasting or being mindful.

Brit lovelies.. If you absolutely can’t stay positive, don’t go negative, just cruise neutral for a while until you can get back up. Xx

Afternoon All..
    Eye test went well just a small change so glasses still ok….it’s an Optician which I went too maybe 6 years ago so very good with his eye test as expected not the cheapest….if you all remember the trouble we went to last year with Specsaver’s and then I then went to a small private one another eye test where I bought my glasses….my Specsaver’s prescription he told me was very wrong, the small optician was fine…matched today’s almost except for the years change what would be expected…I have cataracts starting so need a good test, he went into great detail showing me all the tests on the screen….I shall stay with him now.

We are having a thoughtful day food wise…a few jobs to keep busy…

Hemmy..
    A little treasure of a 200 year old cottage…lovely to have you looking after it for the future generations…
    Have a good day with Mum before she returns home…

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Jean- optician sounds good… our local specsavers seems fine so I’m happy to stick with them, my Mum went to Boots, has had a lot of trouble with her glasses, I keep telling her not to go back!
    Hemmy- lovely to live in a cottage, & with a big garden, keeps you out of mischief, I’m sure! Hope you can find a good outfit & have a lovely tea out tomorrow!
    Dave- have a great time in Somerset!
    Pseudo- hope you had a nice evening with your parents, a can change your FDs about…
    Good walk & a catch up with sister, Mum & Dad are home from their caravan today, so she’s popped in; she loves a walk with us so has straightaway asked about when we can all go, probably later in the week before they’re back off to caravan… Done some gardening while it’s been dry here.

Hedgehog..
    Specsaver’s is a franchise so all will be different….is your mums caravan a tourer or do they still have a static, I think you said when you were younger you had a static…

They are as bad as us…lol

I am going out with daughter tomorrow while Steve is working in his garage….enjoy your walk later in the week…

I have had a low day about 700 cals so I am quite pleased…Steve had different and more….

Jean x

Hi all – well, it was always a big ask, starting so early. I nearly made the FD, but then we got delayed dealing with car switch overs and the boys were too hungry to wait until we got home, so I ate with them. Still fairly controlled, but not ideal. Just don’t know when to try again this week, so it may simply be a controlled week – which is not bad for me, if I can do it!

Hemmy – like the idea of not going negative, simply going neutral!

Mx

Having a great time,not diet wise though😋😋😋

Morning all, & hope everyone’s well today!
    Off early to a car boot again- eldest is off today, he’s been saying he wants to go for a while, youngest is off til lunchtime, so he wants to come as well, like the ‘good old days’, a nice family outing!!

That will be nice,up early by my standards,a big breakfast awaiting 😁. Going to Weston Super Mare later, there is a carboot outside the speedway track tomorrow and a large outdoor market today on a farm somewhere close by today.

Morning All…
    I am moving early too this morning…going to be a hot one 25 degrees…

A change of plan for me, meeting up with daughter and going to school jobs to do in the holidays…like the old days for me too, backing walls with paper for displays, tiding and sorting…long time since I have been to help when she just started as a teacher for quite a few years..25 years ago…I just love faffing better than shopping any day …lunch or a cuppa later…

She said come in shorts to work in and bring holiday clothes for later to go out…I wear shorts for holidays 😂

Dave
    Have a lovely day …..eating and drinking…full English start…make the most of holiday time line drawn when back…..enjoy the farm market, I love a stroll round…

Hedgehog…
    Family time for you too…enjoy the car boot….

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 18,501 through 18,550 (of 35,432 total)

You must be logged in to reply.