Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,910 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 3 hours, 44 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,801 through 14,850 (of 35,397 total)

• That link was helpful, thanks Simcoeluv!
    Pseudo- I do use the TDEE on here, but I think mine seems quite high- I’m sure that if I ate that many calories I’d definitely not lose weight! I’ve used the BMR calculator on here & have tried to keep nearer to that on nonFDs. Writing everything I eat & drink down has definitely helped me, as some things add up to way more than I thought- like my peanut butter habit which I’ve just about given up…
    Yes, Jean, I am you today!!

Hi friends 🙂

I’m joining the fast today!!

xx

Off on our travels until Sunday.
    Be good everyone and stay strong.
    Kay x

Morning everyone.

Another FD for me too.

Have fun Kay!

I’m usually fairly up on what calories are in what because I followed a low calorie diet for years, but I think the thing is I have low cal snacks in the cupboard, and because they are low cal I think ‘one won’t hurt… oh, one more will be fine…’ I suspect that might be where I’m racking up most of the damage. Plus my beloved coconut yogurt, which I’ve forced myself not to buy for weeks and miss terribly.

Morning All..

A late post for me and forgot I haven’t been on…checking posts as I have been going about..

A few fasting today ..hedgehog, DL and Pseu..sorry page gone over if anyone else…

Kay…
    Have a wonderful time and enjoy the break…

Hedgehog..
    Pudding making..enjoy the day and the smells gorgeous.

DF..
    Hope work is busy today for you…enjoy your walk later…

Pseu..
    I think I need to go back to TDEE and check and start writing calories down again room for thought…a big start again in the New Year with more effort….but not a New Year resolution ..a way of life that needs tweaking ..

Lynne..
    I think you are with us…hope all is well…

Minols..
    How are you doing ..with us today?

Gommine..
    Back on track for Friday’s weigh in?

Have a strong day everyone…..off out now..

Jean x

My TDEE comes out at 1440. I know we’re all different shapes and sizes, but if any of you don’t mind sharing what are yours?

Pseudo- mine’s gone down now that I’ve lost some weight, at the moment it’s 1372 – 1572 depending on the exercise level. BMR 1143; I usually try to keep nearer to that. After getting used to fasting it feels like quite a decent amount, but I guess if you went out for a meal you could easily have that in one sitting! I haven’t looked on any other sites though!

Pseu…

I started 192 lbs at 5’.8”..TDEE 1723..BMR 1436..BMI 28.7

I am now…162lbs………..TDEE 1576…BMR 1313..BMI 24.6

I usually work calories to 1200 or a bit over but well under 1300 on NFD’s …Friday my off day possibly goes over my 1576, I must look at that as it’s now gone down…..I log the lowest activity sitting a lot but possibly could be one up on that. I only do the calculator on here.

I have stopped weighing and counting calories, I think I should really start again, I always count on a FD …after two years I was trying to be more aware and normal with not counting but maybe it’s not working really.

We really need to loose more, Steve’s really needs another stone off and strengthen his knees and legs…looks like swimming is on the cards in January …see if he can improve his legs, maybe give it a couple of months and see. I don’t want excerise on the cards for ever a bit of toning wouldn’t go a miss for me.

I don’t mind sharing if it helps..

Well FD going well today….been out and bought three bottles of booze for Xmas …still talking of not going over the top with the naughties but a few…hope we stick with the plan…last thing we want is taking 7 lbs / 10 lbs off in January ..😮..

Hoping everyone is keeping strong…half way through the day…

Jean x

Ooopsie- I’ve been bad! Did the marzipan on the Christmas cakes this afternoon- I love, love marzipan, so did eat some trimmings; it’s very high calorie, 400 cals/ 110g, so I’ve probably eaten 400 of my 500 for today!
    🙁 Teeny, tiny dinner for me!

Hedgehog..
    I am with you on that one I really really love marzipan….when I used to make Xmas cake…I often ate 2 lbs …4 packets…..of marzipan before I got it on the cake!!

I love Xmas cake…might buy a very small slab to have a taster….I really just can’t make it now..love it too much…you are very brave 😂

Jean x

Phew, I’m glad I don’t like it!

I make a cake for my sister, one for a neighbour, & a really small one for me, as no-one else in our house likes it- it’s a 2″ square one! So shouldn’t take long to eat, & hopefully visitors will have a little bit too, I don’t like to not have any about to offer visitors… But what really surprised me was that although I couldn’t resist the marzipan, I did get to the point where I’d had enough, so I threw the rest of the bits in the bin quick- that has NEVER happened before!! So obviously this diet is re-training my stomach/ brain, brilliant!
    DF- I hope that you’re staying strong, not too long now!

Dinner looming….pork chop, veg and a small Yorkshire…how I miss the roasties. Lol….515 cals…another 20 mins…

2” square…do I believe you? Ummm…that’s just for breakfast…

How is everyone doing?…we will ignore Hedgehog on this one…..seeing marzipan stuck all over her face..

Jean x

I am feeling dangerously peckish… and have a strange hankering for broccoli of all things.

Pseu…
    Keep strong ….are you eating or liquid?

We are now all finished, cuppa in hand..wash up all done….could of eaten more and roasties ☹️..but nicer than salad today…

Steve after meat pastie tomorrow on our off day…told him we will be sharing one! He isn’t amused…it depends on weigh in..

Jean x

I was going for liquid, but now I’ve eaten raspberries, blueberries and have broccoli steaming in the microwave. Should still be way under 500. This is the first time I’ve done back to back fasting, and I’m feeling fine. Not even hungry now to be honest, eating more out of boredom and wanting some texture.

Well done Pseu. X

Well done, Pseudo- but broccoli?
    I think I probably went a bit over yesterday- there was just too much temptation. Eldest son asked me to make him a ‘healthy’ apple crumble- I used Anthony Worral-Thomson’s GI diet recipe. My poor son is finding anything sugary seems to make his spots worse, but at his age he obviously has quite an appetite, & he loves puddings, he’s cut so much stuff out over the last 6 months, but every now & then gets a craving… So I am going to not eat until dinner time tonight- having a korma with eldest son- he’s always been a fussy eater, but since he has a girlfriend he’s eating so many different things!
    Jean- hope that your weigh in goes well, & that you enjoy your half a pastie each!

A tough one yesterday FD with a midday spinning class running on empty. Weighed in this morning 103.4 not bad from 106.6 from Monday. Trying to manage what I eat carefully on the NFD although curry night tonight will be a real challenge!. I don’t expect the weight to keep dropping at the same rate but be nice to keep a negative slope until xmas….

Morning everyone!

Good going on the spinning class Michelin, I haven’t managed a proper class on an FD yet, I’m always too drained to even get to the leisure centre!

I had to go food shopping on the way home last night and made the mistake of getting a posh cheese and had a few cubes of before bed. It might have ruined my day, but it was so late after a back to back I’m not feeling too guilty. I had a terrible night’s sleep though, waking up every few hours stressed and unable to get back to sleep properly. Yesterday was really busy at work, and from this point on the Christmas rush is really going to start, it’s going to be manic. Add to that I still haven’t quite caught up on stock levels to the point I’d like and it’s a worry! When I left last night there was a big pile of invoices sitting on my desk and I’m pretty sure there’ll be more once I get in today. Eurgh.

Hedgehogs – I know, it’s weird isn’t it? There must be some vitamin in broccoli that I’m otherwise lacking because every now and then I’ll just get a craving for a big pile of it. Mmm, apple crumble sounds delicious… and the korma.

Low day for me until I go out this evening to the Harvester. I’m meeting a friend who’s going through a super tough time to offer my support, and to be honest I’m dreading it. :S

Morning All…
    A cold start here today.. lovely blue sky..

Fun and games changing to a new broadband provider…Steve been faffing for a hour.. so impatient, so now giving them time for changeover..

I have 1 lb off.. Steve the same… I am thinking he is on so many medications is that the problem, still he is not putting on …be positive..

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your Indian tonight, we were going to have one but the pastie won.. Half!..

Shame about the spots he will be so uncomfortable about it.. it hits us all at sometime..

I am making small apple pies this morning for the freezer.. for xmas..one of Steve’s favourites ..

Michelin…
    Glad you are still with us a good 3 lb loss this week and a spin class.. well done..

Pseu…
    A busy time for you hope it works out and not what you expect when you get in..
    You got me going with cheese this morning…cheese on toast it was nice 😀

Rowena…
    Where are you?..are things OK.. we are missing you..

Jean x

Oops, perhaps mentioning cheese this time of morning wasn’t wise – too tempting? 😉

Pseu..
    I really enjoyed it only one slice… a change from the usual..
    Xx

It does sound good, I think it’s lucky I’m in the office or I might be going for a bit of cheese on toast too.
    The cheese I got is weird – apricot, orange and amaretto stilton. I find fruity cheese a bit hit and miss, but this one is really nice – I think anyone who was saying how much they love marzipan would love it.

Hi All….

Looks as if I have lost on half a pastie…his face was a picture when he got one out of the freezer….he really could eat a full one!….he looks forward to eating Friday …so they have all gone now, next time of making I Must do smaller…

We will enjoy them tonight…

Internet now working so that’s one stress over…

All pastry made for apple pies, it is in the fridge resting…I shall do some scones too…having a cuppa now..

Kay…
    I hope the lodge is up to standard and you are all enjoying yourselves….

Pseu…
    I am a bit boring with cheese I usually go for Double Gloucester, it keeps well in the fridge..my daughter eats all the strange ones, she takes them back to Louisiana with her, chillie cheese a favourite of hers, she likes with wine…

Everybody have a good day…

Jean x

Pseudo- please can you get me some of that cheese- it sounds lovely!!! I love cheese (as well as marzipan, pizza, chocolate… wonder why I need to lose weight?!) I hope you meal with your friend goes okay tonight- a few drinks needed? & tissues?
    Jean- scones sound delish! Weird how I can make cakes really well, but my pastry isn’t great & scones never rise up well either! (Considering we are supposed to be supporting each other to lose weight, all this talk about food is not good!!)Well done on the pound down, nice & steady!
    Mstar- I’ve done small workouts on FDs, but not a tough one on an empty stomach- well done! Although I have done a short rebound session at home & been out for a 5 mile bike ride (rusty, getting back into it!) this afternoon with no food, feel good!
    Scales down one pound this week- finally lost that 2lbs I put on the other weekend!! Hopefully it’ll keep going now!

Hedgehog…
    It’s all for over Xmas and beyond maybe to Easter….lol

Your pastry…use SR flour, all stork, after the bread crumb look, mix with milk, will be a bit to the wet side, mix with a knife, just finish with cold hands as least as possible, tiny bit of flour to get in a ball, rest in fridge in cling film before use 30 mins….use SR flour not plain!….my Xmas pastry I throw an egg in the milk, mix it through before using…usually I double the recipe.

8oz.SR Flour
    4oz stork.
    5 fl oz milk ( half an egg optional)
    pinch of salt
    430c or gas 8
    20 to 25 mins cooking

My mum was in service and she was taught to use SR…very body uses plain….I just hate plain makes it too hard.

There endeth my cooking lesson….maybe you do it this way…

My scones aren’t so good this time I rolled them too thin, you need them 3/4 “ thick, I was a bit under so the rise was not so high…taste good though we have had one each, topped with stewed apple and cream quite yummy…

Well done on the pound off….loosing the weekend weight..😀

Jean x

Hi everyone
    Well done if you’ve managed to fast in this cold snap.
    Manic day yesterday – drove to the Borders and had two meetings, and still made it to the school gate for 3pm, only to discover that what I thought would be a quiet evening getting caught up had a meeting plonked in the middle of it…don’t know how I forgot that.

And today was manic again – haven’t kept it quite so low.

And the weekend working pattern starts at 7am- 9pm tomorrow, the usual on Sunday am and includes a shinty tournament in the afternoon during which I’ll do my prep for the evening…aaaarrrgghghhg! I’ll see you all Monday which should be a weigh in and FD and see how it’s really all gone!

Mx

A cold & frosty good morning to you all!
    Jean- thanks for the SR flour tip- I’ll definitely try that, my pastry is usually hard. I might even have a go at mince pies this year instead of buying them!
    Minols- sounds very hectic, a shame you don’t get the time to reflect on this special time of the year… if you’ve gone over at all hopefully you’ll burn it off with all the rushing about!
    Pseudo- how was last night?
    FD for me today! We have a couple of lazy days planned for the weekend; eldest working both days, youngest away at army cadets competition weekend, so no running him about, & peace & quiet instead! Yes!!

Hedgehog..
    Re pastry..milk with 2 tablespoon of water enough to mix, ( egg if wanted) and a small hand full of sugar in sweet pasty if wanted…

The egg makes them keep nice longer if in a tin although as you know I freeze mine out of sight..lol

The 5 fl oz was for scones!! Sorry…

I will be back having breakfast…

Jean x

Morning All..

A white morning here…brrrrr

Minols……
    I don’t know how you do it…you should be a size 6… all the running, push biking, up at 4am working…it’s all the good bakers of the Parish…lol…you are just so busy…enjoy your shinty…

Hedgehog..
    I had a panic on…it hit me this morning in bed…lol

Enjoy your lovely weekend together…it never happens that much as the children get older…( always children) make the most of it…a lovely relaxing time…

Out and about a bit this morning..

Jean x

Morning everyone

Really frosty here as well this morning.

Jean, how was the pasty, did you share?

Hedgehogs, a quiet weekend and not having to be your son’s taxi sounds great. Enjoy the opportunity to relax.

Minols, hope the bad weather hasn’t hit you and that your weekend goes as planned, with all you’ve got on you don’t need anything coming at you from left field.

DF, hope you have a great weekend.

Pseudo, I’m 5’3”, 10 stone 7 and my TDEE is 1500, but I rarely go that high unless it’s a special occasion. I don’t eat until 11-12, then usually have porridge on NFD, but with milk and some double cream, so there’s no need to avoid your coconut yogurt, just factor it in. I try to avoid sugar, potatoes, pasta only once a week at most and rice once a week. Mostly I eat meat and veg, but will add a creamy sauce. I weigh daily and try and do liquid only fasts. I’ll drop 2lb after a FD and whilst most will go back on after a NFD I’m fine providing the weekly trend is in the right direction. I tend to fast the same days every week compare my weight to the same point the previous week. Just sharing in case it helps with the plateau.

Michelin, well done with the weight loss.

So the Chinese and cake were really good, but so was my liquids only fast yesterday and I’ve dropped 0.8lb this week. Had a busy week, freezer defrosted, fridge being defrosted. Also been digging out a load of paperwork as I’ve just discovered we can claim a council tax discount, possibly backdated to August 2012 when Phil had his first craniotomy, but needed GP certificate and copies of all DLA/PIP awards. Found all but one and waiting now to see if DWP can provide a copy and then if the council will backdate the claim.

Planning to cut the sugar out again now until Christmas and my aim will be to be the same weight on 30th December as I am on the first.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lynne x

@minols, yes – we are trying to empty out the house. There’s still a lot to do but I don’t think I’ll be able to get back there until mid-January now. We need to clear everything by the end of February.

I weighed myself yesterday and somehow I managed to lose 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs) since my last weigh in which was 2 weeks ago, the morning I flew out. Really pleased with this diet – it’s really working for me because it’s so flexible.

Wishing everybody a fantastic weekend.

Afternoon All..
    Hoping you all are keeping warm brrrrr brrrrr just got back in it’s so cold and I am one of those warm people…never really wear a coat only Dec, Jan and Feb …had one on today..

Been out buying some new sheets and pillowcases and dropped by on daughter which was nice, she was on her own so chatty couple of hours.

Lynne…
    He wouldn’t share the pastie so one each but I left a bit of mine and with chips….need to make some more but must be smaller…after Xmas now.

Well done on the loss all in the right direction…good news if you can get a rebate everything helps…

I got in the habit of double cream, but trying not to buy at the moment see if it helps. You are wanting to be the same weight on the 1st and 31st Dec that’s a big ask…a good thought….do you think it’s do able….I doubt it for us.

Gommine…
    Well done a good loss when you have been away too…nearly 3lbs off..

Jean x

Gommine- you’ve done really well!
    Lynn- I hope that you can get the rebate & backdated too… no-one ever tells you these things & it’s always a battle, good luck!
    I’m sure I won’t be the same weight Dec 1st as Dec 31st, so not joining you on that challenge!
    My sister suggested a walk this afternoon, so went out for a nearly 2 hour hike, with Mum & sister’s dog, exercise while we natter is good! Very, very cold though, gloves, hat & scarf weather!
    Looking forward to my mini pizza tonight- just had an options hot chocolate to keep me going this afternoon!

Hedgehog…
    Enjoy your pizza tonight…looks like you have had a good day…busy walking and nattering keeps you away from food…lol

Doubt if we will be the same on 31st December….so with you…

Jean x

Morning all! Cold & frosty again, me & my hot water bottle are best friends at the moment! I’m guessing no-one’s fasting today, so hope you all have a good day!

Morning All..

A beautiful day here…brrrrr

NFD for us but will be a thoughtful hopefully lower day….fasting as usual Monday…

Nothing much happening here…faffing with the bed turning the mattress over…putting new sheets on which I bought yesterday and new under cover….F1 is on later, last one of the season so Steve will be settling down to watch that…

A bit of painting for me near the radiator to finish and tidy….mince pies to make maybe…

Hedgehog…
    Have a good cuddle with the hot water bottle….lol…..NFD for you today…..enjoy your peace and quiet…

Kay…
    Have a safe journey home…looks as if you have enjoyed Your time away…

Hoping everyone has a good finish to the weekend….

Jean x

All very quiet on here…everybody busy…

Painting was a disaster…the paint I had to touch up has changed colour never happened before..the colour must have broken down..I may buy some small pots from B & Q tomorrow, I don’t need a lot..a pain though nothing never goes right…

Mince pies in the freezer, keep our fingers off eating…

We are fasting Monday..

Jean x

That sounds a pain, Jean! Hope you can get it done tomorrow. Fasting with you tomorrow!

FD today, weighed in 0.5 kg up. Probably due to the helping out with the Cubs cakes sale at Farnham Farmers market a little too much yesterday. Gym session on empty today, wonder how that will go. Will definitely be lighter tomorrow. Have a great Monday everyone.

MStar- cake sale sounds very tempting! Hopefully you’ll be lighter after a FD. Hope the gym session goes well!
    Stay strong, everyone who’s fasting today!

Jean, I’m joining you today for Monday fast 🙂

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had snow where I live, although turned to rain shortly afterwards!

Four weeks to work before the Xmas break, so I need to dig deep now to see results. I’ve been at the same weight for the last few weeks, it seems so hard to lose now!

Frustrating, but I’ll keep going!

Have a great day everyone xx

Morning. So sorry been awol! Just been really struggling. Had a good hard think about what to do. Getting bigger and more and more uncomfortable in own skin. Thought about going back to weight watchers. But decided to up my exercise to 2 spins I currently do plus 2 swims. Both before work. Then just 2 fasts but do them properly and don’t go mad on nfds. It’s a FD today as going out tomorrow evening. Been to spin this morning. Just sat in staff room waiting for briefing. Still not sleeping well unfortunately but trying to keep going!!!! I’ll try to catch up with posts this evening xxx

Morning All…

A late lazy start this morning…it’s the dark mornings…

We are fasting today with Mstar, Hedgehog, DF and Rowena..

Mstar..
    Hope your day goes well and gym session….cakes always get in my way….

Hedgehog..
    Going out for my pot of paint hope they can do the same colour as they made it up for me..😬

DF…
    A bit of snow yesterday for you…think we may have a flurry today a bit close but maybe a bit nearer to Hull so we may miss it…

Rowena….
    You have been missed nice to have you back….put your mind to it till Xmas…even maintaining…..then in the New Year it will be full sail ahead for everyone…

Anyone else joining the mass fast today…Lynne, Minols, Pseu, Kay, Gommine …

Let’s have a good one…

Jean x

Some bright spark in the office has decided to load a table full of goodies as it’s so close to Xmas . Mince pies, shortbread. and Stem Ginger and rhubarb pies. Bit Vicar of Dibley that one. absolute torture. This will be a long run up to Xmas.

Morning everyone, feeling rough this morning, not even sure why.

Not a good weekend, food-wise. I went out on Friday night for that chat with my friend, and drank beastly amounts. I’m not a big drinker, and what I do remember drinking is horrifying. It meant Saturday was pretty much a washout, spent it curled in bed feeling like death and occasionally stumbling to the kitchen is search of stodge. Sunday didn’t do much, had recovered from hangover but still wasn’t exactly full of energy. This morning I feel like I’m hungover even though I haven’t touched a drop since Friday night – must still be slightly dehydrated or something.

I was planning to do a fast, and do similar to last week in keeping every day really low until the Christmas do Friday night, but with how rough I feel this morning I might go and get some food for lunch.

HI all

Well, everything got done at the weekend that needed to get done, and I weighed in this morning at 2lbs so I’m pretty happy with that!

This week is calmer. Funnily enough, in order for December to work for me and everyone I ask to get involved, November has to involve a lot of planning…but because normal things are still on-going, it has to happen behind the scenes and so it makes it a bit wild at times. This week is calm on the surface – which is great – and enables me to duck down and finish all the righting that fleshes out the planning, so when I re-emerge on Sunday for the start of Advent and the seemingly crazy round of services, assemblies and so on, all the work that enables them is done. So I look ridiculously busy, but it’s all a joy because it’s based on some fairly thorough work…or at least, that’s the plan!

Meanwhile, FDs must continue, and today is just like all the rest – riding the bits where I’m tempted to give in, and coming on here to give me the boost I need for another few hours.

HOpe all goes well for everyone.

Mx

Michelinstar, I understand completely about office treats! There are chocolates out here already too! Lets be strong on FD’s!!!

Psue, sorry you’ve been feeling hungover this weekend lol .. we’ve all been there 🙂 Be kind to yourself, and if you don’t feel like fasting today, just change your day 🙂

Rowena, nice to have you back 🙂 Keep posting!!

Minols, glad you got stuff done this weekend, and a 2lb loss too! That’s brilliant 🙂

Hedgehogs, have a nice day, stay strong, we can do this!

Back later 🙂 x

Hi…
    Mstar…
    Oh poor you…a very long December oh sorry a bit of lead up November..😬…it’s our try your best time and roll on January 2nd!…try and be nearly good..on a FD 😬

Pseu..
    It must of been a very full on Friday …hope it deserved the calories….two days in bed show it was a good one…..hope you soon feel better…

Minols..
    Glad evrything is as organised as you think and December goes like a dream and everybody enjoying what you have planned for them…2 lb off well done a good one..😀

DF…
    Keep strong yourself if choccies about 😬

We are OK here slow morning…just had a shower feels like breakfast time…sorry workers..out shortly

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 14,801 through 14,850 (of 35,397 total)

You must be logged in to reply.