Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,945 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 19 hours, 25 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,851 through 14,900 (of 35,432 total)

• How are the fasters going?

We have just stopped for a cup of tea…..ham, egg and tomatoes for tonight, Steve will have peas instead of tomatoes….

I have got my pot of paint..shade is a bit off so the wall will have to be painted, it’s only small wall in the utility so not too bad and away from the kitchen which has the same colour, to match through only us will know….😀

Keep strong everyone let’s see if we can move some weight this week…

Jean x

Afternoon everyone

Pseudo, you’re a bit young for a 2 day hangover. I don’t drink much these days, too old to deal with the consequences. Be kind to yourself today, there’s another day tomorrow and you can just swop your fasts over.

Michelin, cake sale and sabotage in the office, I think Christmas has come a bit early.

DF, first flurry of the season, we rarely see any and the kids always wanted to move north in the winter.

Rowena, lovely to hear from you. As Jean said maybe try to just maintain for a bit, keep with it and with us.

Jean, hope you manage to get the paint matched, I need to think about where to decorate next. Think I may go for the downstairs loo, small, quick and shouldn’t be too much mess. After that kitchen, but that can wait until the New Year.

Minols, glad the weekend went to plan. Busy putting the prep in now, but it will make Advent celebrations achievable. A bit more to organise than most of us just worried about buying presents and making sure we’ve bought enough food and drink to sustain us for the festive season, ignoring the fact most supermarkets open on Boxing Day.

Hedgehogs, hope you had a chance to relax this weekend.

FD for me today, but a low day yesterday meant I only put 1lb over the weekend so looking for a good reduction this week.

Jean, I looked at my weight last year when I was just trying the ‘eat less move more’ approach, and managed to lose during December, so really hoping to enjoy some treats but not let things get out of hand this year.

Another ‘Mass Fast Monday’, good to have company on this chilly Monday.

Lynne x

Well, not eating yet as been running around like crazy, also need to pick up some Christmas presents this evening so that’ll keep me out of the house a bit longer. Made it this far, might as well try to cling on to a Monday FD. My morning coffee definitely helped, though I had to borrow someone else’s mug and it’s got ‘have a true friend in chocolate’ written on the side. :O

I made the mistake of going through the Lidl ‘coming soon’ brochure, where there is a double page spread of different mince pies, including ones topped with brandy cream rather than pastry. So tempted.

Jean your paint sounds like my hall, the colours match perfectly but it would seem the one used to patch up some areas was satin rather than matte. Luckily it’s dark enough in that spot that I can just about get away with it!

Hi everyone 🙂

Got soaked to the skin on my walk today! I was determined to do it though!!

Lynne, I’m trying to do the eat less, move more thing, lets see some great results 🙂

Stay strong everyone, not long now x

Good luck with the Christmas shopping, Pseu – we don’t have too much to do…just a small family here, and extended family too old to worry (we sisters keep saying we have more than enough ‘stuff’, so we tend to just go for little things that we might overlook for ourselves).

Someone asked me the other day what I was wanting for Christmas, and without even a thought I said ‘Boxing Day’! And it’s not that I don’t like Christmas – I love it. But my best gift would be for it all to have gone really well for everyone, for everyone that’s around and about the church groups to have had at least one beautiful moment in the midst of all we’re doing. If I can get to Boxing Day and know that that has happened then I’ll be as chuffed as if the OH had bought me diamonds (which he won’t, because he knows I get frustrated having beautiful jewellery that doesn’t get worn as it is – I hanker after what I see sometimes, but I don’t even get round to putting on some of the beautiful things I have, so why buy more?)

Oh…and I’ve asked the boy for a rubics cube…I saw one in the shops and remembered how much I’d loved learning how to solve them when I was a teenager…of course, that was largely because I had a massive crush on a very clever, slightly older boy in the youth club who taught me how to solve them, while sitting on a piano stool and in between playing cool jazz (him not me)…oh memory lane! I doubt that I’ll still be able to do the cube now, but I’ve got a few days off after Christmas and something like that might just unwind the other parts of my brain and let me relax!

And that’s enough distraction therapy – I really just came on while I had a cup of coffee and swapped from Christmas Eve writing to this Sunday’s writing…

Catch you all later.

Mx

PS – Rowena, really hope school is going well today.

Yup, I don’t have a lot to do either, I only get presents for my parents. My nieces and nephews get cheques, which is a cop out, but since they live far away from me I never see them in person.

Hope everyone is holding up well!

Pseudo- you’ve got me started on the cheese- I found a white stilton with ‘rum & festive fruits’ in Tesco’s today… for Christmas though so I’m not going to eat it until then! (hopefully!). & bought some lovely looking chocolates which will do for a present for someone (secretly hoping hubby will like the look of them & decide we should keep them for us!!)
    Hope your hangover is easing up now, Pseudo!
    Why is this time of year so full of food? It’s only 2 days…
    Minols- my son does the rubic cube in something daft like 30 seconds- have bought him a mini key ring one so he can do it at work if bored. Oh, & I saw your post ‘weighed in this morning at 2lbs ‘- that’s a very good weight loss if you now only weigh 2lbs!! Nothing left of you…
    DF well done still going out for a walk in the rain!
    Mstar- hope you’re able to resist temptation!
    Rowena- thinking of you…
    Lynn- my parents every year have this weird urge to decorate a room just before Christmas, & it ends up as a mad panic to finish before the visitors arrive- is that what you’re planning?!

Hoping to find some motivation in here. After losing 3 stone a couple of years ago it has crept back on again. Not quite back to where I was but not far.

Couple of short term goals, maybe half a stone by Christmas, another 10 lbs by mid February for a planned weekend away and hopefully 2 stone by Easter. With a wedding and a graduation to look forward to in the summer hopefully that last stone by June.

I know what to do as I’ve managed before. Nothing fancy just stick to the 5:2 principles. Wish me luck. 100 calories so far today and saving the rest for tea.

HI Cakey – welcome – always good to have another on the thread. Know what you mean about needing to just stick to the principles. I seem to have to lose every pound several times. Like you – half a stone by Christmas would be great, then get stuck into a bit more after that.

There are a bunch of us often fast together on a Monday, so glad to have another on our Mass Fast!

I’m nearly done with the office and going to head home via Asda for peas (family veg of choice) and milk – Lynn’s post reminded me that perhaps I should try and wean myself off my toast and honey addiction in the mornings and go back to porridge for a while, so getting ready for tomorrow. Then I need to brave the freezing temperatures and walk the dog before I pick up the boy. Felling alright on the fast just now, and planning to guzzle the pea and ham soup I made at the weekend for my own tea, while the boys get to enjoy ostrich (!) Sewing should keep my fingers busy tonight.

Mx

Afternoon All…

Cakeywakey…
    Keep strong today…and come and enjoy the gang…I would think 2nd January will be a big push for next year… 2 stone off by Easter is very do able and you have goals along the way…the wedding and graduation is a great motivator…
    Lots of help and support here if you want to join us…we have lost a few recently..I think there’s about 10 of us at the moment..

Hedgehog..
    The Stilton sounds interesting with the rum and fruits…lock it away so you don’t start eating it…bought a couple of choccie things they are up stairs on my Xmas shelf….not much there this year…

Pseu…
    Paint dried ok..pictures back up…looks a bit pale to the original colour but it will do….up on the steps looks like a full decorate in order…something to look forward to in 2018….😬

Lynne…
    It’s our two years 5.2 Birthday on 1st December….it’s flown by and very much a way of life…must look back and see were our weigh sits..two years on…

Rowena…
    Hope your days going good and you are on track….

DF..
    Glad you are doing well…Shame you got wet through on your walk…

Minols…
    I am sure everything will be fine for Christmas….do you do a Christmas Eve service?…we really love the Christingle service ours usually starts about 6.30…a lovely start to Christmas..⛪️

Enjoy your soup…keep sewing…how are the wall candles going?

Someone here is moaning he is absolutely starving..we are now having a coffee….

Jean x

Pretty hungry now…

Apologies for starting you on the cheese Hedgehogs! 😀

Pseudo, my girls love getting cash presents ‘vouchers you can use in any shop’ and even I’m not brave enough to buy them anything without prior approval. Started me thinking of cheese as well, usually get some white stilton with apricot, got me thinking now.

Hedgehogs, don’t really want to decorate but needs must. Bec’s room is now putting the rest of the house to shame so thinking of starting with the smallest room.

Jean, fill up and warm up on the coffee, can’t seem to get warm today.

Minols, porridge is the food of the gods, especially with a drizzle of double cream.

Cakey, welcome. Nice to have some new faces.

DF, well done in persevering with your walk today, think I’d have chickened out.

Getting peckish but trying to stick to liquids only. May crave in later but holding out as long as I can.

Lynne x

That’s us all done for the day… it hit the spot….keep strong everyone nearly over..

Lynne…
    How much double cream do you have a week?…I knocked it off my shopping thinking I was having too much…a 300 ml carton a week …and with my weigh loss not good..

A drizzle on my Granola always made it yummy and my afternoon coffee…

Jean x

Hi Cakey; sounds like you know what you’re doing! I’m really hoping that this time when I’ve reached target weight I can stay there, doing 5:2 for maintenance… always seems to gradually creep back on!
    Well done Jean. I’ve had my soup now, still feeling a bit hungry 🙁 !
    Lynne- cold all day too, I hate it!
    My boys would much prefer cash or vouchers for a present too, so don’t worry Pseudo!

lol if only doing it was as easy as knowing what to do. Mushroom risotto for tea, only 257 calories and quite filling. I prefer the mushroom and marscapone from Caffè Nero when I’m out which is delicious but a few more calories at 384. Not had anything else other than. a couple of coffees so may have a cup of tea later. I’ve got some Greek Yoghurt so if I get peckish I’ll just have a couple of spoons which seems to take the edge off the appetite.

I think you’re right about a big push from 2 Jan for the New Year but I was thinking I could go into the New Year with a little head start rather than let another half a stone creep on.

Thank you for the warm welcome (back)

Hi all. Done and dusted for the day.

Jean…we have a candle light the week before, which is beautiful. And a family nativity that everyone – old and young – dresses up for. And a watch night. ..and a Christmas morning. So a busy weekend!

Christingles are lovely…did one a couple of years ago.

Mx

Weighed in this morning at 103.5 kg which is 0.5 better than this time last week. Got back late last night from an FA coaching thing at 11pm so had to wait for my bowl of skinny soup! Be great if I could scratch 100 KG by Xmas. Gym again today, onwards and down wards NFD today. Be good everyone.

Well done, Mstar!
    I lost a pound over the weekend, so it’s finally shifting again! Looking forward to kickboxing again tonight- eldest son might come with me too!
    Hope you all have a good day today, and enjoy a NFD! Don’t think that anyone’s fasting today?

Well done Mstar and Hedgehog!

NFD for me. Awake early, so I brought a second breakfast of porridge to work as I won’t get lunch today. How come when I’m up early I still end up running late? I had to bring the dog in to work with me as I didn’t have time to walk him before I left.

Mx

Morning All…
    A bright day here….finishing washing downstairs windows in and out and Xmas things coming down from the loft.

NFD for us but being thoughtful…Steve is starting to get his Christmas head on and I am telling him we are not starting Christmas eating on the 1st …we have decided against it this year..😂..I will have a battle!

Mstar…
    Well done on your pound off…you have really got your head in the swing..it’s always hard when getting back on track…brilliant..

Hedgehog…
    You are on the move again…well done to you too 1 lb off…have a good FD…

Minols..
    Hope you get all your jobs done and a bit of dog company…nice for both of you…ps..does he like custard creams?…lol

Porridge for me this morning with berries…

Have a good day all..

Jean x

I caved late last night to it wasn’t an FD after all. Can’t see me managing it today either since I’m already stressed, so it’ll have to be tomorrow and Thursday back to back. Anyone else doing weds or thurs?

Pseudo- I’ll be doing Weds with you! I know you don’t like to eat on a FD, but it is okay to have 500 cals. I really struggled last night too, was just extra hungry for some reason!
    Lovely & bright here- persuaded hubby to go on a walk- he’s got out the habit of it- and we had a quick go on the outdoor gym stuff at our local park; might try & do that more often!

Hi everyone,

Late post for me today. My FD was good yesterday, next one is Thursday, so I’ll be with you Pseu, and hopefully more of us 🙂

Been for a walk, much brighter out today, and not raining for once!!

Looking forward to getting home later, work is quiet and days go so slow. Not sure what’s for dinner tonight, its a NFD, so other half will make. I’m feeling quite hungry, but weirdly am struggling with the eat/not eat thing today. Not sure where that’s come from 🙁

Enjoy your afternoon guys xx

Pseu and Hedgehog…
    Sometimes it hits you more than other times …the hunger…..it’s strange….just try your best…does it make you more hungry on liquid days? As I have just said to DF maybe it’s the cold weather…

A bit of keep fit in the park hedgehog well done…I will walk out maybe tomorrow needing some twigs to dress my mantlepiece up for Christmas, take my secateurs out with me…

DF..
    You too struggling too maybe the cold weather…your body is shouting for food…

Sitting having lunch late today…faffing cleaning windows…..

Never rains but it pours….our garage doors spring has just snapped…we can hardly lift it to get in…we use it a lot as we have the extra fridge and freezer in there..we don t have a side door….we have a man coming to give an estimate this afternoon..could of done without the expense..

Jean x

Quiet on here today.

Did you get the quote Jean? Not too painful I hope.

Pseu…
    He has just rang…coming in the morning now…..we thought he was local but the call was from about 50 miles away, possibly a national company which we didn’t want…if very expensive we may change the full door which is about £550 Steve may be able to do it with my help…it’s very heavy though.

We have put our Xmas lights up outside, to light up this weekend…as the garage door collapsed on us we can’t get in to turn them off …we were testing them..!…so now on due to timer…

We have about 6 houses with their lights on their houses already to go at the weekend so we are not the first…well I suppose we are because ours are on…😂

It’s been very quiet on here, I suppose everyone is getting busy…one way or another…we will be fasting again Thursday.

Have a relaxing night..

Jean x

Hello
    Checking in on day two. Yesterday finished under 500 but today is nfd. Only 500 so far today although not necessarily good choices. Sometimes Id rather have a little chocolate than a lot of other healthier stuff.

Won’t be home until about 8:30 and never feel like eating that late so will be something light to keep me well under tdee. Fast day tomorrow.

Gosh it’s cold today. Need to get the bovril out again.

Hope everyone had good days

Unintentional FD today, just having first cup of coffee of the day.

Phil became unwell at about 6am, vomiting a lot of blood so was rushed into hospital. Going to eat tonight but can’t do that much damage in one meal.

Having said that will probably take the girls for food tomorrow evening. Some difficult days and conversations ahead so think a regroup may be necessary.

At least Phil is in a room on his own and I’ve been told I can visit at anytime so know where I’ll be spending my days. Fasting may slip a bit but going to try not to go too mad and eat purely out of boredom and stress.

Jean, putting up the decks so early Steve will definitely think it’s time to start on the treats.

Will try to keep in touch.

Lynne x

Cakey..
    I quite agree with you we sometimes like a small treat on a NFD …I think the cold weather makes fasting harder…salads and fresh fruits are not so good…

You will be low if you don’t fancy eating later…

Lynne..
    So sorry to hear about Phil..hope all goes well…as you say one meal if you are lucky later…when hospital visiting you get past it…it must be hard to keep the girls up to date and what to expect..they are at an age to keep talking and keep them in the loop.. not easy I know…💕💕..take care yourself..

Jean x

The Christmas lights sound lovely- we’ve never seemed to have the money to get any every Christmas, have to make do with looking at other people’s! There will be lots up around here soon. I hope you get your garage door mended, & not to expensive- my F-I-L reversed into our garage door where we used to live- he didn’t even realise, cost us £300 and that was 11+ years ago! He wasn’t safe to drive for a long time before he finally gave up- after shooting backwards in a car park, took down a fence, went across a footpath, demolished a wall the other side & ended up in someone’s garden!! At least no-one was hurt!!
    DF- you’re doing well with lunchtime walks!

Enjoying hearing about everyone’s Christmas preparation. I’ve been feeling Christmassy for weeks. Had most of the presents bought by end of October but somehow I’ll still end up shopping through December too. Have enjoyed wrapping them a few at a time, all cosy with candles. Have a busy few weeks ahead with work so glad to have the gifts mostly sorted.

We have some lights for the outside so hopefully OH will get them up at the weekend. I love seeing twinkly lights in everyone’s window.

Started planning food this morning, Christmas Day will be at our house with somewhere between 7 to 13 for dinner and tea. Really looking forward to it.

A number of things at our church too, I’ve got 3 Christmas cakes to do for a charity auction. In years gone by we always had nativity plays, Carol service and christingle service but all the children have grown up and no new ones to take their place. It’s an aging church I guess.

CW

You’ve got me all excited

Hedgehog..
    All my lights are 5 plus years old..my window lights had to be thrown away this year…so put my caravan lights up they match so OK….we had three Christmas’s in the caravan so lights where on each side of the caravan…so pinched them….lol

CW..
    You are all organised like me..I have a daughter in America so she starts me off as we visit and take presents over in Sept/Oct …so as I buy for them it rolls through to the others…I really hate shopping in December and January so have to be organised…I enjoy it if not shopping..🎅🏼🎅🏼🍷

What a lot to cook for on Christmas Day…I have done 10 on Boxing Day far too many for me…lol

Jean x

Lynn- really sorry- somehow I missed your post when I did my last one- sorry to hear about Phil… thinking of you. And the girls too xx
    CW- I have started making lists today as well! WE might only be 3 for dinner Christmas Day if eldest goes to his girlfriend’s, but possibly 14 boxing Day for dinner! So am looking forward to that!
    I survived the kickboxing class okay, but eldest didn’t- he pushed himself a bit too much, & ended up spending half the class in the loo throwing up! The instructor is really positive & kept saying how good it was that he was pushing himself & not taking it easy!! I think my son will go again but he can only do alternate weeks as he’s in Lincoln seeing girlfriend the other weeks… he did laugh about it though, he’s a good sport! He was going to the gym 3 times a week up until exams, but I think it was more building muscle rather than stamina…
    FD tomorrow…

NFD for me today. Totally disorganised at presents I’m afraid. I’m usually the one in headless chicken mode running around House of Fraser Xmas eve looking for the last bits to wrap up before an ‘eleventh hour’ Turkey. Throwing up during exercise generally means you’re at the point of exhaustion. I only ever got close to that as a teenager doing rugby training and that was a long time ago. Got a painful knee today so I’ll be going easy at the gym… Keep on Keeping on everyone ….

Morning all,

Lynne, I’m thinking of you. Sorry to hear about Phil, its good that he’s in a room on his own now, and you can be there anytime. Fasting can wait!! Sending big hugs to you xx

Yesterday was a NFD, but I ate more than I should. I agree its probably the cold weather, I’m not dealing too well with that at the moment, and I hate being cold!

Anyway, I’m doing today and tomorrow as a FD. Was is Pseu who was doing the same? I feel I need to, and hopefully it will see results when I weigh on Friday, I’ve been the same for far to many weeks now, and its frustrating me!

Hedgehogs, I always feel better when I’ve been for a walk. I don’t walk too far, but when I make myself do it, I’m always glad that I have 🙂

Keep warm everyone.

Back later xx

Morning All…
    A drizzle start for us…NFD today…

Waiting in for the garage man to come for estimate..although Steve thinks we will wander about and talk to a few people…unless it’s a good deal…only good thing out of it….all my naughties in the outside freezer so can’t get to them without both of us lifting the door and me crawling under it!…last Xmas was a new heating boiler needed now this…it could of picked a better time…

Hedgehog..
    Goodness you have 14 for dinner Boxing Day…hope you have help…all fun and family…I miss that as we are all scattered…one always works Xmas day, she’s single so gives the ones with children time off…one doesn’t do Xmas, only just…..we are joining my daughter at her house there will be 8 of us….one in Louisiana with her family on their own this year.

With a flash in the pan it will be January you wonder what all the scrabble was about…I suppose cheers us up in the middle of winter……the money side looses the sense of Christmas now.

Mstar…
    Pull your socks up and sort xmas early this year…surprise everybody…lol…then enjoy the build up..hope your knee stands up at the gym take it steady…

Lynne..
    Hope the day brings better news on Phil…thinking about you all…

DF..
    Hope the b2b goes well we will be with you Thursday…it is frustrating when the weight gets stable and doesn’t move…keep going it will…

Jean x

Morning everyone.

Lynne, so sorry to hear about Phil – thinking of you both and sending best wishes your way.

DF, yup it was me doing today and tomorrow back to back. Eurgh. It’s so cold I’m already feeling iffy about it. I have to stick to these days though. Last week I barely ate all week, this week I’m pretty hungry, funny how these things go.

I’m feeling festive weirdly early this year. Haven’t put up any decorations yet but I am tempted. I like putting up the trimmings and making everything pretty, but it also makes me a bit sad – I feel like I should be doing it with someone, I’m usually fine on my own but it’s easy to feel lonely this time of year.

Last night I caved when I was in the shop and got a bottle of Baileys, with all the festive lights and music going I couldn’t resist. Have held off on mince pies so far but it’s only a matter of time. I think I’m content with just maintaining where I am for a bit and not going super strict. Also not going crazy though, don’t want to undo all my good work. I’ve pretty much decided not to bother with the gym for a while either, and will be back with a vengeance in January. Right now it’s just too cold and horrible to want to go anywhere after work.

HI All – a bit later this morning – collapsing dog emergency in our house.

Lynne – sitting here wishing keyboards and fingers could give hugs, make tea, bring baking, sort out the washing for you (or sundry other domestic tasks that would keep us all busy), wrap you and Phil up and hold you safe. If we can’t do the first part of the list, know that in our hearts we’re dong the last couple of things.

Up at 4am, so treated myself to second breakfast with OH – bacon rolls at a café. NFD today, fasting again tomorrow.

NO doubt be on again later.

Mx

Pseu, lets do this!! I’ve only done a couple B2B fasts before, I just feel I need to this week. Ohh, I LOVE Baileys 🙂 I think I’ll be getting some soon myself, allowed at Christmas 😛

Minols, enjoy your day. I’ll be with you tomorrow!!

Jean, haha, have an image of you and Steve trying to get the treats from the outside freezer to the Mission Impossible music LOLLL

Stay strong fasters, half way there now xxx

Love the Mission Impossible theme…had a wee boy at the weekend humming it as he tried to make it from front to back of the church going over and under the pews…it was hysterical (and one way of clearing some of the dust bunnies! although, to be fair to our cleaner, the boy was not as filthy as I expected him to be…)

Pseu and DF – b2bs – very impressive. You can do this – and I’ll be the johnny come lately with you tomorrow.

Mx

Forgive my thickness . I take it that b2b is breakfast to breakfast? Mine starts 9pm Sunday night and finishes breakfast on Tuesday then 9pm wed finishing breakfast Friday ? . The guys here have moved on from appraising mince pies shortbread and cookies to Xmas mints and a selection of Thornton’s /Cadburys /Waitrose Chocs and others. They’re talking Hors d’oeuvres next Monday followed by a comprehensive review of cheese and Biscuits during the rest of the week not bad for an engineering office. Full report to follow … Ha!

Yep- I can imagine it now, Jean- you & Steve on a mission to get the Christmas goodies! Minols- your service sounds fun!! Hope your dog is okay?
    Just got home from a very stressful Home-Start visit with my family- Mum has mental health problems & was pretty stressed about some bills, understandable, but she’s one who thinks she knows it all as well so wouldn’t take any advice…
    FD for me but needed something so had a nice healthy cereal bar. Soup tonight, will still be under. DF & Pseudo I hope that you stay strong today. Pseudo- I don’t blame you not going to the gym after work this time of year! DF- I really hate being cold too.
    Lynn- big hug to you x

Mitchelinstar, B2B (back to back) is two consecutive days fasting 🙂 Not easy, so I’ll be so proud if I can do it! Haha, I’m with you on the office food at this time of year, look forward to reading your updates lol

Hedgehogs, stay strong, we can do it!

Pseu, hope your doing okay still.

Minols, I do love your posts, have the image of the boy in the church now, so funny 😛

xx

Just had a broccoli and stilton cup soup. Going fairly well so far, but it’s when I get home and get a bit bored that I run into trouble.

Afternoon All…

Just got back from Leeds looking at new garage doors…the one Steve wanted £1400…to replace what we have now £700…so the £700 won….hoping to have it in before Xmas so that’s good….

Mission impossible lol…with Steve lifting and me crawling I can just about manage…I have all my milk in the house now, a few frozen meat things moved inside…so that will do us for a week or so…

The panic is Steve has new lights to go on his motorbike and desperate to get them on…still his bike is now off the road till spring…so to me no dash…

DF and Pseu..hope you are going on OK, we will join you tomorrow…keep strong..😀

Mstar…
    Your office sounds a nightmare all these discussions going on…Aldi chocolate every time for us!!…nothing can beat it…

Minols..
    Hope your doggy is OK…let us know…

Lynne…😍 x

Hedgehog..
    Keep strong as always…😀

A pot luck dinner tonight…I don’t have a clue what it is…looks like tomato sauce, chicken and sausage eat with rice…I think…lol…defrosting now…

Jean x

Any benefit doing back to back? Or purely to get the pain over early?

I’m just doing it because it’s the only way I can fit it in this week. From what I remember from the original Horizon documentary the longer you fast in one go the better, but I’m possibly misremembering – one of the guys who have read the books will probably give you a better answer. 🙂

Phew – nearly there. Today has been tough. Working from home and it’s been hard. I’ve had a couple of poached eggs for tea and a couple of cups of coffee all day. Still have 200 calories to play with if I feel hungry later but so far so good.

Interesting debate re back to back as I was thinking it over last night. I hadn’t eaten until 8:30 so was tempted not to and make it a back to back instead of fasting today. I guess there are arguments both ways but for me I am usually fairly restrained the day after a fast so I I spread them out then that’s at least 4 days where my will power is in tact. If I do back to back then 5 days NFD in a row undoes my willpower. It’s as if I work I work so hard on a fast day that the momentum carries forward into the next day as I don’t want to undo all that good.

Does that make any sense at all

It does, and if your willpower stays until the next day that’s great. Mine does until the evening, and then I lose it.

Mmm, poached eggs. I’m normally iffy with eggs but I’ve been really fancying poached eggs on toast recently. A weekend breakfast perhaps.

Pseu – soup one of my favourites for a fast day, I like it super hot so it takes ages to eat. Always filling

Jean – yuck re garage door expenditure. There is always something. Last year we had to get the garden dug up and the drains replaced. It cost £1200. It’s hard to admire what you have spent the money on when it’s maintenance.

Hedgehogs – sorry to hear about a stressful home-start visit. So difficult to persuade loved ones to accept help.

Michelin – at least working from home at times I can’t blame others in the office for treats. Although just to easy to pop out for something like milk and then finding chocolate jumps into the basket. We have talked about making do with one car which my OH would take to work when I’m working from home. That would curb my forays to the shops.

Minols – is your Woof ok?

Lynne – sorry to hear about Phil. Still getting to know people in here so hope all ok.

Back to work now

Viewing 50 posts - 14,851 through 14,900 (of 35,432 total)

You must be logged in to reply.