Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 35,009 replies, has 405 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 4 hours, 50 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,901 through 14,950 (of 35,496 total)

• Evening All..

Hoping everybody is going well…my pot luck dinner was tasty …I can’t remember cooking it..as Steve said it would of been thrown if not good…different..

I do b2b if I have had a very busy week out and extra calories eaten…I don’t know if it helps but I think it makes you feel as if you have tried…normally it would be a three fast week..

With money spent a re think on holidays this year….looks like going on the south coast, I think we have made the decision… Devon ish….with the caravan…

I must check back on our weight….2 years birthday on Friday…two years on this thread..🎂

Fasting tomorrow…

Jean x

Cakey- well done you- if you’re at home alone all day working resisting the temptations must be hard!!
    MStar- those office discussions must play havoc with willpower! Is it just discussions, or is there food about as well?
    Pseudo- I’m having lots of poached egg on avocado on toast- really yum! I thought it sounded weird at first, but it goes really well- if you like avocados that is! Probably a bit high calorie for a FD though, unless you have nothing else…
    So cold today- tried doing a rebound ‘video’, the thermals are on, had my soup, hot water bottle now! I’m doing the pick-up tonight getting youngest from work, so will get even colder then… I even keep my hot water bottle on my lap when I go out to get him!
    Jean- ouch- that’s expensive!

Hi all, Im still around! Had a great break but now seem to have flu! Been in bed pretty much most of the last 2 days. Hopefully it is now on its way out. When Im feeling more normal I’ll be back properly and shifting the weight I gained over the weekend!

Evening everyone

Thanks for all your kind wishes.

Unfortunately Phil had another bleed late on Monday and we were called back to the hospital just before midnight. He passed away at 1am this morning with the family around him.

Been in organisational mode all day and just very grateful that I’d been able to take time off work and care for him for the past two and a half years.

Difficult days ahead, this is what I’ve been dreading for the last 5 years. I’m not sure if I’ll be fasting for the next few weeks, but I’m sure there will ups and downs with both food and emotions.

I’ll check in when I can and thanks again for all the support you wonderful people have provided since I joined last January.

Lynne x

So sorry to hear that Lynn- & how brave and strong you are to already look at positives, that you were able to care for him the last couple of years. And I’m very glad that you were able to be with him at the end.
    Sending you love & hugs as best as we can online, for you & the family… just know that we’ll be thinking of you in the days ahead…

Lynne , I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your partner. I wish you strength and peace during the days ahead. God bless…

Lynne…i’m with Hedgehog. So sorry about Phil. Organisation mode will take you a good way (and at least things get done) but when you feel ‘reaction’ setting in, don’t be surprised and find yourself a safe, loving place to let it wash over you. Take all the help offered and let the love of your girls provide the mutual support you all need.

In the strange, modern Internet way, we’re here for you when you need someone.

Mx

Lynne, I know I’ve just joined this forum and don’t know people too well yet, but feels like such a kind and welcoming group already. Just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of your sad news and send on my thoughts and kindest regards x

Lynne, I am so sorry to hear what has happened. My thoughts are with you and your family. x

Lynne, I’m so, so sorry *tight hugs* Thinking of you and your family xxx

Lynne..
    We are so sorry to hear about Phil…we are both thinking of you and the girls. Look after each other there will be many happy memories to remember which will blend in the sad times…

Lots of hugs to all of you…pop by when you feel up to it…

Jean x

Bitterly cold here today, huddled against the office radiator with hat, gloves, scarf and many, many layers. Looking forward to a lunchtime soup, for the warmth as well as the filling.
    B2B going fairly well, though I have to go food shopping tonight, and ignoring my loot will likely be a challenge.

Pseu – well done on the B2B.

Just going to put the kettle on for some Bovril…need to tide myself over the next couple of hours until ‘afternoon tea’ with the boy – we’re hoping to finish reading Matilda, and I think I’ll treat myself to a wee chocolate with my coffee.

Mx

My FD today. Just done a weights session arms, back,abs,no running, bit of rowing to warm up. The Xmas food appraisal is using real food so next weeks cheese , nuts and the other fine stuff will be a real temptation. We’ve done Matilda, busy with Lion, Witch and Wardrobe, at the mo. Keep warm everyone.

Oh I love Roald Dahl, I still have the poem ‘The Pig’ memorised from when I learnt it for a school audition over twenty years ago.

I think George’s Marvellous Medicene was my favourite, & his re-writes of some of the fairy tales…
    Pseudo- I know how you feel with the cold.
    Mstar- have too much temptation at home here- youngest came home with a box of 12 cookies he’d bought at the end of his shift at Subway- the raspberry cheesecake flavour are amazingly good- dribble, dribble…
    Non FD for me, but trying to not have too much- going out for a shopping evening at M&S tonight- was supposed to be for ‘Christmassy snacks & drinks’ originally, then shopping, but the reminder yesterday said ‘a mince pie & hot drink’! So I may be abstaining all day for nothing much!!

Hi All..

We are doing OK here…just had a cuppa….out and about this morning away from the lunch time kitchen..picked up the last couple of Xmas bits for my sister…a few bits of cranberry, mango chutney and beetroot for over Xmas..keep adding to the shelf…getting near to only fresh things Xmas week…

Snowing off and on today…possibly more around 4 pm and into the evening…..neighbours baby is home, he is absolutely gorgeous….so no help needed from us…phew!

Well done everyone…everybody seems to be doing fine..😀

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your evening…mince pie and whatever….

Pseu..
    Sitting all day you should have at least 16 degrees in an office…I checked mine every hour and made a note of it and complained…they brought me a heater….hope it improves for you…

Jean x

Anyone going to sign up for the December challenge.? well at least 3 weeks of it. !!!!My oldest is celebrating his 10th birthday so better reserve that as an NFD…

What is the December challenge?

Mstar…

The last few years we have done one on here….we could do the three weeks to Xmas, declare what each of us would like to loose…when you are new you loose more after a lot of time you slow down…so it’s not competing with each other, more yourself….some do three fasts some do two fasts…then of course Xmas do’s and family gatherings crop up…see what the others think…

Definitely January we will all want to loose the full month and get all the Xmas weight off…

Last time…we had pebbles, Kay was in charge… every time someone lost a pound, it went in the jar so we knew how the weight was going…one month I believe it went up to 65 pebbles…so 65 pounds lost between us..

The other group which do the challenges each month, they have been going well over a year now..sometimes they have or used to have 60 people going at a time…too many to get to know each other..I did it for a month, I found it hard to get into the group but it may have been me…to join in there and be on here, it’s quite hard…..still give it a go and see what you think…

See if anyone wants to start one on here….I will definitely be in for January…..or even this month…Decembers a difficult one, things crop up.

Jean x

So it’s just a case of trying to lose as much as possible?
    No way I can do it in December, I’ll likely have too many things to be going to. If I’m the same weight at the start of January as I am now I’ll consider it a success!

Pseu..
    We could do one in January…we have done a few over the year….as I don’t loose much I could say aim for 4 lbs over the month….you, Hedgehog or Mstar could think 7 lbs is do able..

We do a list of people who want to do it, and check once a week when they do their weigh in, as people weigh different days, the pebbles go in the jar ( or out)…you feel guilty if it’s you taking pebbles out!..if you put on…😂

If you don’t want to go on the list ..you don’t have to….just continue as you do..

See if anyone fancies doing it..I think it’s a bit late this month…last year we did November and then again January..

Jean x

HI all – not a bad day…just had my tea and feel full, so feeling positive I can resist anything offered tonight!

My December challenge is to get as close to 11st as possible, but in reality, if I can get below 11st 7lb and hover there until January, I’ll be happy. The trial is not to put too much on between Christmas and New Year, so will definitely be ready for a push in January. I can’t believer that last year I was so close to being under 11 that I declared 2017 would be the year I stayed under…whoops! Been a bit of a tricky year.

As for the old dog…his back collapsed again the other night (you may remember he had to have a significant op on his spine in January). It’s another disc that’s gone. He has been so phenomenally well the last couple of months – more like a 2 year old than a 12 year old. So last night he underwent 4 hours of surgery…and we’ll wait and see! Daft the decisions we make for dogs! But he’s so intelligent, so with it, so healthy…except for his lower back. Considered the big decision – and if he’d been in pain, or if the op doesn’t work, then we’ll have to re-consider, but the vet fairly confident he can make a good recovery, even if his ‘wiggle is more pronounced at the end of it.

Right – off to see if I can understand parent controls on the kindle!

Mx

Hi…
    We have finished now…small hot dinner for us beef, small Yorkshire pudd and veg…feel full too…just under 400 cals..

Minols..
    Hoping the furry one pulls through ok…could be a sexy wiggle..I feel like you if I can start January as I am I will be pleased…we all do love our pets….I just look after my outside birds now…

We will have to sort out a big push for us all in January and get some weight moving ..looking at the calendar Tuesday 2nd or Friday 5th January….finishing Tuesday 6th or Friday 9th February.. (or there about) …giving us a bit of grace to start…

Jean x

Count me in for any challenges for sure. I’ve joined the December challenge but also like the smaller group here. Need all the motivation I can get.

Had a motivated first 4 days back on the wagon. 2 proper fasts and 2 good NFDs and 4lbs down. I’m under no illusions about the first week though, I expect that to start slowing to 1-2 lbs per week at most. Hoping for 3lbs more by Christmas.

January will be tricky for me. Having lots of work done on the house so I’m moving to mum and dads for 3 weeks whilst it gets done. Not that they aren’t supportive but just harder when not in charge of the grocery shopping or cooking.

We’ve got a fair bit of snow and very very cold outside. I’m staying in where it is warm, made hot casserole for tea. Dog loves it though, just wants to play, dig and war it. I don’t think he feels the cold.

Finishing the day on 1000 against a TDEE of 1500 so little bit room for later if needed but quite full up just now.

Thank you for the bovril suggestion – that did the trick this afternoon when I started to feel a bit peckish

I’m definitely up for a January challenge, I’ll need that motivation after Christmas… I’m hoping to carry on ADFs up until Christmas as well, but with things on that’s going to get difficult! Weight loss seems quite erratic still- one week good, then staying still another with no rhyme or reason!
    There were mince pies, chocolates & yummy biscuits on offer last night at M&S, and they gave us doggy bags to take home! Hopefully I can give most of those to my son for his packed lunch! FD for me today- am I the only one?
    Minols- hope that your dog gets better soon xx We are watching our old girl get more unsteady on her feet 🙁

Morning all, I’ll definitely be up for a challenge, January I will definitely need to, and it will be my 1 year anniversary of doing this plan 100%! So proud I’ve done a year, and am 18lbs down! Slow and steady for me 🙂

That said, I was SO disappointed when I weighed this morning. I’ve done 3 FD’s this week, by the book, no cheating, and I gained a 1lb!! I could have chucked the scales out the window! Whyyyyy???? Never mind, I’m eating more today regardless, the B2B fast was difficult, especially yesterday when I was so hungry ALL day lol!!

Going to enjoy eating a bit more today 😛

So cold again!

Morning everyone.

I ate a fair bit last night, but it was about half 11, so I’m not considering it too epic a fail. I’ve got a posh Christmas dinner party later, so I’ll be staving off eating until then, or at least until I’m getting ready and glamming myself up – possibly with a glass of Baileys in one hand and a mince pie in the other. 😉

I *think* I’m up for doing a January challenge, it’ll force me to go back to the gym at least! I’ve already got ‘join in more activities’ as a new years resolution so maybe it will egg me into going along with all the walking groups I’ve wanted to join too. I usually find the more I do the more I want to do… it’s just getting past that first hurdle! I know I have one big party coming up at the beginning of January (massive extended family party, seventy odd people in all!) but other than that it should be quiet. So I’ll tentatively put my name down for January.

Morning All..
    The ground white and freezing all over but not snow….

Weigh in for us both 1 lb off..pleased with that..

It’s is our two year birthday today 🎂…I am 4 lbs up on last year, Steve is only 1 lb up…I am really pleased on that..I am still chasing some of my holiday weight. I have 29lbs off, Steve has 16 lbs off today. Maintaining up and down about the same all year…

My goal was 28 lbs, I then decided on another 7 lbs which my body and me are battling with…I will win….I am happy how I am…but 7 lbs will be better I think maybe vanity pounds…I would still like Steve to have another stone off…..big push next year keeping holiday eating under control.

DF..
    I think that’s the way slow and steady…Happy Birthday to you too 🎂…we lost all our weight in the first year and wanted to maintain this year which we have about done…a big push to loose more I think for us hopefully…..But not put on!

I really don’t understand the weight even after all this time….when you are really good you put on, if on a iffy week then loose…we have been off the salads this week and had two small dinners on FD’s and a bottle of wine at the weekend between us and lost…last week three fasts very careful, I did loose just 1 lb but Steve didn’t. The answer is just continue and it will come off.

Sorry I am rambling a bit….eating day for us..😀

Hedgehog..
    Have a good FD I think you are on your own….shout if you need a chat…well done last night all under control…😀

Lynne…thinking about you all 💕

Pseu..
    I have just caught you….have a lovely night tonight and have a good time…I see you now with your Baileys and mince pie in hand all glammed up…..have fun…the challenge will get ourselves motivated again…your big do is only one day..

Have a good day…

Jean x

Hedgehog…
    How is your day going …half way through now….

All quiet on here…

Jean x

Hi all! Sadly not gone that well, Jean!! I’ve had to do some baking for visitors this weekend (they’re not staying, but friends tomorrow & relatives on Sunday), so picked at the trimmings- quite a few edges needed tidying from the millionaires shortcake- oopsie! Nothing else to eat though, & a very small dinner tonight. The baking didn’t go that well either- made one & a half times the recipe to go in a bigger tin, which wasn’t enough, so made another lot, which was then too much so the biscuit base is too thick, then burnt the first lot of caramel, so had to bin it & do another lot… Took over 2 hours to make!
    Have been good & done my usual rebound workout, plus did the next one as well which was a lot tougher, & housework!
    Jean, Steve, & DF- happy birthday, & well done on the weight loss & maintenance! 🙂
    DF- I don’t understand the weight loss either; mine is just as erratic.
    Pseudo- have a great ‘do’ tonight! It’ll be lovely glamming up knowing you’re more in shape!
    Cakey- well done as well- enjoy the snow! (& watching the dog; I hope that we get some as I’d love to see my old girl out in it again!)

Cakey Wakey…
    Sorry I missed your 4 lbs off that’s great going…I don’t think I have ever lost that much…the house sounds exciting for January …hoping mum cooks carefully for you…

Hedgehog…
    It’s a pain when things go wrong hope you got there in the end…even a nibble or two on the way…I have made some coconut tarts today, some left over pastry, a treat over the weekend…the pastry is very thin…lol..an old school recipe not made them in ages…quite nice 😀

Jean x

I am so tired, didn’t get much sleep last night. I’m hoping I manage to perk up later or I might nod off and drown in my starter.

I’m sure you’ll be fine, Pseudo- just don’t drink too much baileys before you go out!!

Pseu…
    You will enjoy it…go stand outside if will soon wake you up…😂…

Xx

Huh, the tables in the party were really close together, and someone said I had no problems because I’m ‘skinny’! Not been called that in years!

That would make my night!! Hope you had a good time- are you up early, Pseu, or only just going to bed?!! (I’m guessing that one, as you’re a night owl!)
    I am up early of course, because it’s the weekend, & there’s no rush to get up!
    Looking forward to seeing our Dutch friends today, but hoping they don’t bring too many goodies!

Hello
    And the weekend finally arrives, thank goodness. And a bit of a blank canvas. Will probably pop out this morning and have a coffee. Tonight we are out for dinner with friends which will be fine as I’m not in a dessert mood so think I’ll have nothing from breakfast and just enjoy a main course later. Will be nice to catch up with them all.

Tomorrow will be grocery shopping and going to visit my MIL. She’s 87 and hasn’t been too well, but seems to have picked up a bit.

Hope everyone having a lovely Saturday

Morning All.
    A brighter day here…blue sky..it has been really dark through the day lately…

A bit of shopping for us…Steve looking at the garage door to see if we can do something to get in and out easier…maybe a piece of wood to hold it up while we go in…😬

Pseu…
    Skinny Minnie what a lovely complement..hope you had a good night…

Hedgehog…
    Enjoy your Dutch friends over the weekend…hope not too many nice eating gifts brought…but they do have lovely food ummmmmm

Cakey Wakey…
    Have a lovely night out tonight with your friends….enjoy your coffee out this morning I always like a pop in to a cafe…😀

Jean x

Morning all.

I was pretty pleased about the skinny comment, especially since she didn’t say it like a compliment, just like it was a fact. As for the being awake, a bit of both. I fell asleep when I got home from the party, about eleven, which is very early for me, and then woke up at half four… was up and about for a while, fell asleep again, and just woke up now. Lucky it’s the weekend!

Hedgehogs and Cakey, hope you have fun with your friends! Jean, hope you find a way to foil the garage door.

Pseu…
    Sounds like a good do….you have very upside down sleep pattern…very much a night owl…love the ‘ skinny’ even more when it’s a statement !…well done…

Found two pieces of two by four wood spare in the garage, stick it in the side runners door perches on the top at an angle…at least we can go in and out in our own time…still needs two of us to do it, better than nothing….

Have a good lazy weekend…

Jean x

Hello
    On just under 600 calories so far for the day. Just planning on a main course tonight which I would usually estimate 500 ish calories but always seems to be a lot more in a pub or restaurant than what id make at home. So have 900 calories to play with which should be more than enough so I can stay within NFD limit. I don’t drink alcohol so that helps.

Bought a new Christmas jumper. Not a big fan but this one is very pretty and have a couple of occasions when Christmas jumpers are ‘compulsory’.

Also bought a new dress – such a dilemma, I tried it ok a few weeks ago and loved it. With a graduation and a wedding to go to next summer – I wanted it. I’ve never been a fan of buying a smaller size as that’s a sure fire way to sabotage any plans. But don’t want to waste the money if I am successful in this quest. But it had £50 off.

I decided to go for it. It fits me know – If I lose 1-11/2 a stone I still think it will look lovely, just slightly looser. I I lose 2 stone or more i will need a new dress but will be so happy I will forgo the cost. Maybe a bit of flawed logic there.

Mindful eating today and I’m having tried and failed week after week, feeling fairly optimistic that I might just have got my mojo back with this WOE.

Much love

Hello
    On just under 600 calories so far for the day. Just planning on a main course tonight which I would usually estimate 500 ish calories but always seems to be a lot more in a pub or restaurant than what id make at home. So have 900 calories to play with which should be more than enough so I can stay within NFD limit. I don’t drink alcohol so that helps.

Bought a new Christmas jumper. Not a big fan but this one is very pretty and have a couple of occasions when Christmas jumpers are ‘compulsory’.

Also bought a new dress – such a dilemma, I tried it ok a few weeks ago and loved it. With a graduation and a wedding to go to next summer – I wanted it. I’ve never been a fan of buying a smaller size as that’s a sure fire way to sabotage any plans. But don’t want to waste the money if I am successful in this quest. But it had £50 off.

I decided to go for it. It fits me know – If I lose 1-11/2 a stone I still think it will look lovely, just slightly looser. I I lose 2 stone or more i will need a new dress but will be so happy I will forgo the cost. Maybe a bit of flawed logic there.

Mindful eating today and I’m having tried and failed week after week, feeling fairly optimistic that I might just have got my mojo back with this WOE.

Much love

Sorry for typos

Cakey Wakey…
    Enjoy your meal tonight you have it all covered..

As for your dress another 1 1/2 loss..I think it would be a new dress…wear it and enjoy it while you can…😀

As for jumpers much too hot for me…but they do look nice….daughter is hot like me she wants a Xmas jumper for work..I saw a Xmas tee shirt in Asda she was off to buy it £8 a good cheap buy…lol..with all fluffy bits on it..

Jean x

Hi.

I’m new, male, 40 something (and late to the party!)

Currently at 200lbs, would like to get out of December at 186. I know that’s going to be hard what with the festivities!

Today was an FD. I don’t find fasting that hard to be honest unless I have an alcoholic drink. And then everything (and I mean everything) goes out of the window.

Done 5:2 many times. Can generally get down to 176 but then put it all back on. This time I need to maintain the loss. I tend to do 4:3 to be honest after an initial kick start of a week or so of fast days. It works for me…

Tomorrow (Sunday 3rd) I’m going to treat myself though. This time last week I was 204 so I’m going to have a few glasses of the hard stuff and then get back on the diet until Thursday which is the staff party. Where all bets are off!

Aiming eventually to be 168 but will gladly take 186 on Jan 1st!

Key..
    Welcome to our thread lots of support and chat it you need it…Decembers a strange month for us all with festivities and family gathering…good luck in reaching your monthly goal..well done on 4 lb loss this week that’s a great amount..

Jean x

Morning all!
    That’s a very early post Jean- couldn’t you sleep?
    Cakey- hope that you had a good night out, and resisted dessert! The dress dilemma sounds a good one to have!
    Key- Hi! Well done losing 4 lbs last week- to lose 14lbs over Christmas sounds like a big ask! I’ll be happy with 3lbs before, and not too much back on over Christmas, then back to it properly in January! I’m really hoping that if/ when I get down to target weight that I’ll be able to maintain it this time- never have before!!
    ADF is on hold for this weekend. It was lovely to see our Dutch friends yesterday, & as usual a box full of goodies, including ‘Roomboter Amandelstaaf’, my favourite- a sort of pastry/ marzipan thing. I was going to hide everything away, but some of the stuff has quite a short use by date…
    And seeing an Aunt & Uncle today, more cake… So will have to be back into it with a vengeance tomorrow, and maybe do a B2B…
    Have a good day today everyone!

HI all –

Everyone’s weekends seem to be going well.

I’ve had a chilling weekend without the dog, but a sneak preview at the scales is not looking as good as it should for tomorrow. Annoyed, because I thought I’d done pretty well this week. And the OH wants to take us out for Indian today – timing! So that is all I will have, and try not to worry too much if tomorrow is not so good. I’ve got ahead and planned the food for the rest of the week, so hopefully it will all be really controlled even on NFDs.

Right, busy morning, so I’d better crack on.

Mx

Morning All..
    A better day today…

The caravans going in for a service tomorrow…so the most hated job of the year emptying all of it…garage full and back bedroom with loads in too….it will be in for a week as it has to have a new small locker door fitted….

May have step daughter visiting over night next week too but hoping for the following week, otherwise she will have to sleep with the mess…..still holding breath on that one, I think she only has visited us 3 times in 14 years…

What a sleepless night we both had, I was up from 1am to 3am, Steve just a hour with me too…feel tired today..and slow start.

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your time with your friends and visiting family…that marzipan pastry thing sounds delicious….Steve is getting restless wants to start Xmas..😬..we always started on the 1st, buying and rebuying chocolates and all the other bits..as we ate them…no wonder we were fat!

Minols..
    Enjoy your plans before the rush starts…..enjoy your Indian today…

Kay…
    Hope you are both feeling better…💕

Lynne..
    Our thoughts with you…..💕

We will be fasting with the mass tomorrow…

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 14,901 through 14,950 (of 35,496 total)

You must be logged in to reply.