Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 11 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,301 through 14,350 (of 35,400 total)

• Morning everyone

Good luck to today’s fasters, there seems to be a few of you.

Jean, poor Steve. I hope you manage to say your piece on Saturday and that they understand the impact their error has had on Steve’s quality of life. At the very least they should refund the cost of the glasses. Did make me laugh though that you’d told him to man up.

Kate, busy days are ideal for fasting and no washing up is a definite bonus.

Hedgehogs, glad the water sorted the headache. Decorating is such a slow process for me, but done all the prep now and just need to paint. Trying to get youngest to help on the weekend, but not sure how that’ll work out.

Pseudo, I know how stressful work can be and used to regularly wake at 3am worried about something I needed to do. Notebook by the bed and lists made it easier, but sometimes just too much to do and too little time, the pressure was relentless. I definitely had a problem with work/life balance and my poor family suffered. Hope you’re managing to keep a healthy balance. On a career break at present and plan to reprioritise when I do return to work – if that’s possible.

Kay, good luck with today’s fast, hope you’re alright.

DF, you’ve started the day so well, hope work keeps you busy and away from the food.

Yesterday’s FD went well. Just had the egg and bacon bites and a couple of sausage, all under 400 cals (will post recipe separately). Feeling more in control this week one FD left, though already under last week’s weight. Just need to be sensible today.

May try and put the first coat of paint on the bedroom ceiling later, but need to nip out this afternoon so it will probably be tomorrow when I start. Decided not to go ahead with the extension. As a colleague used to say ‘the juice is not worth the squeeze’, all the mess, upheaval and losing half the kitchen to create a bathroom which Phil couldn’t now use, and a bedroom he doesn’t want.

Off now to take Hannah to buy a second hand bike to ride to uni. I’m still needed sometimes, even if it is only for my large boot!

Lynne x

Egg and bacon bites recipe

Ingredients
    12 bacon medallions
    12 free-range eggs
    12 small cherry tomatoes, halved
    freshly ground black pepper
    6 slices of bread, to serve
    knob of butter, to spread

Method
    Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 8 and lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
    Put the bacon medallions between two sheets of cling film and roll out using a rolling pin. Put them into the muffin tin, creating a case shape.
    Crack the eggs into the centre of each bacon case, season with black pepper and top with two tomato halves.
    Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the bacon is cooked and the egg just cooked on the inside. If you like your egg well done, cook for 15 minutes.
    Toast the bread to your liking and then butter lightly. Serve two egg bites with one piece of toast per person.

I didn’t bother with the toast and there wasn’t enough room in my muffin tin to add any tomato. Made extra and heated a couple for breakfast this morning.

Hi everybody. I’ve lost about 600g this week! That’s despite going away on Friday night and eating/drinking a lot of crap. It seems that my combination of 2/3 FDs a week and low calories for the rest of the week (using the Lose It! app) is working. Onwards!

Hi I’m a newbie and I’m looking for a 5:2 diet iphone app recommendation, something that is a calorie counter and/or meal planner. Does anyone use an iphone app and find it helpful? Thanks!

Afternoon All…

We have been out and bought the picture frames and a new clock…dare I say new cookie cutters for Xmas…lol

We are doing OK..out for four hours so broken the eating hour….counting up calories as having three smalll lamb chops with salad..I am coming in under 500 so OK…

Lynne..
    The decorating is hard work doing it all on your own…I used to do it all when with my ex…hope your son helps you even a bit…

I did laugh at your large boot…we feel quite used at times…hope you get the bike home…thanks for the recipe a change for breakfast or even lunch…

Gromme..
    Well done on your weight loss a good pound plus…especially when having a busy weekend..

Amo…
    Most of us use the free “my fitness pal”.. it’s a good one calorie counting, log your usual meals, excerise, weight logging…they do one to buy but there’s no need for that one..it also matches to a Fitbit ..

Keep with us and get the support it helps a lot..shout for any help you need…good luck..

Keep strong fasters nearly dinner time 😀

Jean x

We have finished now….50 cals over..when added up properly, forgot a couple of teas..😬…I will take that..

Hoping the scales move tomorrow..

How is everybody else doing?

Have a good evening..

Jean x

Sounds like you’ve done okay, Jean! Hope all the other fasters have done well?
    I’m on a non-FD; not been as good as I’d planned, was really hungry when I got in from working… finished off a few veg crisps my son had left for me (he doesn’t like the beetroot ones!), and had a few extra teas today, plus peanut butter at lunchtime. And made French bread to go with dinner, I don’t think I can resist that, so I’ll be up to my TDEE, I usually hope to keep well under…
    FD again tomorrow for me, anyone else?

Amo, I use the Lose It! app for iPhone. It’s not a 5:2 app but it’s excellent for calorie counting, steps counting, logging your exercise etc. It also has recipes for 500 cals but I don’t know if that’s only on the premium version (which is the one I have). The free version is pretty good too though.

Hi. Sorry been awol. Completely lost the plot. Another open eve last night so another 14 hour day. Headache today and still got it. Still trying to fit in writing this bl@@dy project and am feeling completely and utterly anxious and down. Turned to food. So now to add to it I’m feeling cr@p for losing control, for piling on weight and so on. Will have to work in half term to finish the project and plan next half term as full teaching day tomorrow and not enough hours in the day. Going to Cornwall on wed til sun. Sorry I’m. So negative. That’s one of the reasons I’ve not been on here. Don’t want to bring everyone else down.

Rowena…
    Don’t desert us when feeling down that’s the time you need support…we all have it from time to time..enjoy Cornwall and come back feeling refreshed….see if you can pull it around before you go…💕💕

Hedgehog…
    French bread got me drooling ….I can smell it…😀

Xx

Rowena,
    You are having a rough patch. Stay in touch that’s a positive part of this group – support – not just about 5:2
    Put the eating to one side for now you have lots of other stuff to focus on atm. Perhaps give yourself a non food treat at the end of each day as you deserve it.
    5:2 will be here when you feel more in control.

I didn’t fully manage a FD yesterday but it was quite low so I’m going to do another FD today.

Time for work x

Morning All…

Weighed in this morning and both stayed the same …as we had the couple of nights away some alcohol, food in restaurant and buffet breakfast…I suppose it’s not bad..still the disappointment is there..I feel we really put the effort in…

The exercise I suppose is keeping you healthier but nothing at all to help the calories…you wonder why you do it….I know it’s only 10% of weight loss…you expect more….maybe tone me?

Kay..
    Hope you manage a FD today…and the scales show better than us…

Jean x

Rowena- sorry that it all sounds so stressful for you- but it’s good to be able to vent somewhere, you should still come on here. I hope that today goes smoothly, that you can get some work done before you go to Cornwall and then have a good break.
    Haven’t been very good myself this week- FDs good but non-FDs a bit more than I’d like, so haven’t lost any more weight at all either, Jean! I haven’t been able to exercise at all because of the bloomin back… but I do feel that it is a bit more noticeable now, so that’s something. I think that exercise does make a difference, but muscle weighs more than fat, so it won’t show straight away in weight loss, but better in the long run. At least your TDEE would be a bit higher!
    FD going okay for me so far…

Hi everyone,

Its been a bit of a bad week for me really, not sure why but my heart hasn’t been in it at all. I’ve done my FD’s Monday was great, yesterday was okay, but I know I was higher than I should have been. I’m so hungry this week, its driving me mad. Need to knuckle down next week for sure. I have managed to do some exercise for the last few days which perhaps is why I feel hungrier than usual, I don’t know. Lots of cakes and goodies at work all week too, although today someone has made some healthy alternative almond biscuits, which I am enjoying today!!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, see you on Monday when I will be back fasting with a vengeance and some hopefully renewed enthusiasm and determination!!

xx

Hedgehog and DF…

Looks like a week of struggling for a few of us….I suppose it happens..if not well, cakes at work and for us a few days away…

I promised pasties for Steve today…when I got them out of the freezer I said could we half one and share….NO was the answer …they are a bit big though…still it’s Friday!…lol

Let’s have a good week and hope for some movement next Friday for all of us….

Jean x

Dragon Fly – It’s weird isn’t it how some weeks seem to be like that – when you just find you’re incredibly hungry. I usually don’t eat much in the day anyway (evening grazing is my issue), but every now and then I’ll have a week where I am just so hungry I could eat constantly. Just a body cycle thing I guess.

I’m off for a meal in Harvester in an hour. Don’t particularly want to go, it seemed like a good idea when I organised it a month ago. :S

The jumper I’m wearing today… when I bought it I was uncomfortable how tight it was and never wore it. Then I remember being really pleased I could fit into it, though it was still a bit snug I thought it looked okay, but I preferred wearing it with a control body underneath to squeeze in my lumps and bumps. I’ve realised that today it’s really loose. That’s not just from 5:2, which is relatively new to me, but from joining a gym a year ago. Even though I’ve had trouble keeping up with my gym classes recently, I lost a fair bit of weight through those until I plateaued and started 5:2. From the last time I weighed I have 12lb left to go until I am at my ideal weight, but that was almost a month ago so I’m hoping I’m quite a bit closer than that now. Fingers crossed. 🙂

Pseu…
    Good news on your jumper …so you think the excerise helps although they say weigh loss is 90% food 10% excerise…

What are your thoughts…it’s so easy to give up on the excerise as I find it difficult with bad feet but they seem to be holding up…maybe the weight loss helps…

When is your next weigh in…I think it’s you who does it monthly…

Jean x

Well done, Pseu!
    Jean- do you like swimming, it’s so easy on the joints, although I never feel like it’s ‘real’ exercise ‘cos you don’t get all huffing and sweaty! You do so well to walk as much as you do with bad feet- I’ve had a lot of trouble with mine the last 18months or so, until recently. Enjoy the pasties!
    ‘Courgetti’ for me tonight…

Hedgehog…
    Swimming is on the cards but we don’t get there..hair washing etc ☹️

Swimming is the only excerise which I can get my heart beat up…I have to run at 10 miles an hour while Steve can get his heart as mine at 4 miles walking… so swimming is better by far, it’s getting motivated to go..

Looking like I won’t make my steps today..still early but cold and raining…might have to get in the bedroom and move!!

I have arthritis in my big toe it goes stiff and painful then I can’t walk..it has been better of late 🤞

Did I mention the chips to go with the pastie…it gets worse …I promised him on Monday a dangled carrot for the week ahead …lol

Enjoy your corgetti…glad I am not at your house tonight…lol

Jean x

Oh, Jean, I’d love to have you round here for dinner! The others are having spag bol with garlic bread, followed by sponge and custard- is that more appealing?!!

Hedgehog…
    I will have the garlic bread…and the sponge and custard…..oh god Steve’s pushed me out the way…loads of custard on the pud for his….lol..😀😀😀😀

Feeling a bit low which is not me…cracked some wine..a bottle of red wine..went down the sink..awful.. ..gone onto pink, not really my drink….must buy more cellars is definitely low…lol

Family problems….

Have a good weekend..

Jean x

I have got my 10,000 steps…yippee

Xx

It definitely helps, but I think it’s also because if you’re exercising you don’t want to ruin it by eating a load of rubbish when you get home – I’ve never been someone who thinks I can eat more because I’ve been to the gym. I think I dropped 8lb or so just from exercising and trying to loosely eat healthier (but not paying all that much attention).

I’m so glad it’s the weekend. I got lost on the road earlier, and ended up so stressed out I nearly started crying. I am not normally a crier. By the time I got home I was so exhausted I looked and sounded drunk – I came in and went straight to bed for a nap, so now I’m a bit revived. I’m surprised I woke back up so early to be honest, normally when I get that tired and stressed my ‘naps’ tend to be epic – my record is 15 hours. The exhaustion meant I didn’t go food shopping though, so I have nothing in the house. Also I think my car has developed yet another problem; I have the worst car in the world, it’s a money pit. Times like this I wish I had someone who could help me deal with things, who’d say ‘don’t worry, I’ll take it to the garage and get it sorted’ but everything falls on me.

I’m sorry you’re feeling low Symba, I hope things pick up for you soon. I think I’ll have a hunt about in the back of the fridge for the last of my beer and join you in a feeling low drink.

Pseu…
    Have that beer and join me..it’s awful getting lost in a car…I use to get lost quite a lot but I am much better now….sorry your cars not well hope you find what’s wrong with it…it’s always more money…

I am going to bed soon and have an early night I feel tired too…

Have a good weekend..

Jean x

Jean and Pseudo- hope that your weekend’s improve! Sounds scary, Pseudo, hope you can get your car fixed & it’s not too expensive. Son’s car has been like that, he can’t wait to get a company one. Mine is in for works on Monday- fingers crossed not too much money.
    I guess empty fridges help with the diet!
    Jean- were your 10,000 steps down to the wine cellar and back?!!

Morning All..
    A bright cheery day…lovely blue sky…

Ate far too much yesterday for a Friday off….it happens …seeing daughter today out and about including lunch..Steve messing in the garage painting his bike or should I say rubbing down and filling…lol

Hedgehog…
    No wine in the cellar ( corner of room really) it has never been so low..on the red..NO RED ..a few bottles of white and pink which I don’t drink!

Rowena..
    Hope you feeling better..

Have a good weekend whatever everyone is doing..

Jean x

Morning Jean and all. Thanks for well wishes. Well after 48hr bad headache am more or less pain free today. Could do with more sleep but one step at a time! Today I am doing nothing. Just had lovely long shower and got face masque on now. Taking dad to see Karl Jenkins later at bham symphony hall. Decided that altough it’s a risk as we go away on wed and it’s got to be done this week, I am not going to start my work til Monday. Need a few days to try to recover. The tension in my neck and shoulders yesterday was shocking. Decided to start going to the gym at 6am again when I go back to work. Hate alarm going off so early but it’s the only way I’ll get there. Not bee for about 5 weeks.
    Will get back into fasting too. Just tues this week the back to tues and Thurs when back at work.
    Enjoy the weekend.

Evening All..

I have had a lovely few hours with my daughter a bit of lunch out and a roam to see the fashions of winter.

Really having another day off ..had a lovely curry tonight and I found a last bottle of red hiding really felt the need…feeling a bit better…not like me to be low but one daughter is quite challenging at times..that will continue really into the new year…so chins up….lol

Rowena..
    I am glad you are feeling better and you have Cornwall trip to look forward too…where are you going although I don’t really know the area…nice to get wrapped up and get some walking in…Kay seems to have some good walking areas…

Hedgehog…
    Not like me to miss a bottle..I must of felt down…lol…..must get out tomorrow and get a few more bottles…..

Pseu..
    Hope you have got your car sorted..it’s a worry…

Jean x

Hi everyone,

Yesterdays FD was epic fail due to me walking out of my job! My boss was angry about something that had happened and he decided to have a go at me over something else, when I hadnt actually done anything wrong. He was swearing and shouting in the office (nothing new there) but I had never been on the receiving end of it and was obviously very upset. At 2pm my finishing time, I left, with no intention of returning and as he had left already, I sent an email which also gave my immediate resignation. I was in a right state last night and predictably had food and drink which wasnt in my plan.
    Today I am a bit calmer but a bit low, so no point trying to cut down today!

Next Saturday, Neil and I are off up to South Wales to join the rest of the family who are travelling down from Chester to share a huge cottage for the week. Im sure it will be lovely but at the moment Im not feeling much like it.

Anyway enough of me…

Jean, glad you found a bottle! This doesnt sound like you.

Pseu, hoping that the car isnt bad news.

Rowena, thank goodness youve cleared your headache. I think it is a wise mood to give yourself a break and then go for it on Monday when you are fresher.

Hedgehogs, do you go swimming then? I used to really enjoy going. You can get a bit warm and breathless if you go all out but I used to just go for constant lengths, doing as many as I could in the time I had.

Hope everyone is having a ok weekend x

Kay…
    I can’t believe how he has treated you and you have done the right thing…in this day and age this has to stop..how can people have to take this abuse..

Look forward to meeting up with the family for your holiday in Wales and enjoy yourself and have a good break..it will do you good..

A few problems with the step daughter and wedding…in February..when the sh@t flies she calls us, needing money, food, house cleaning too much to say on here but we have picked her up..when the good times she puts us on the heap at the side and turns her back..we have both been low and upset..a real need for a drink..again today I found the red, but now feeling better and tomorrow we must get back on track. Roll on February !!..she will be someone else’s problem!

Moan over but I think it does you good….good luck on the job front something will be there waiting for you..😀

Have a relaxing weekend

Jean x

Kay-good for you! But now you’re calmer is there someone higher up or in HR you could put in an official complaint to? I hope that you feel more in the mood for your trip soon. ( I do love swimming but our local one’s closed for a while and it’s a bit of a trek to the next nearest, & with feeling so cold at the moment I haven’t been for a bit…)
    Jean- hope that the weekend gets back on track; families can be such joy!!
    Hubby opened another box of birthday choccies tonight; couldn’t resist sharing them! FD tomorrow!

Hedgehog…
    Enjoy your choccies looks like we have all been a bit naughty..

Yes the joy of families..

Xx

Staying in a place called Camelford. Near where we got married (Mawgan Porth).

Lots of lovely bracing seaside walks for you then, Rowena? We love Boscastle, Tintagel, Trebarwith Strand and Crackington Haven, all nearby!

Morning All..
    What a rainy start to the day dark and dismal….

We have decided on a low day today and fast day tomorrow..

Rowena…
    I have looked at the map..nearest big place Newquay…I have passed through on the motorbike from Lands End. A very pretty area….is it an anniversary?

Hedgehog..
    Hope the chocolates are finished…lol…we had a small handful of peanut treats each left from our flight..lol

Nothing planned for today weather is awful!

Jean x

Morning everyone

Sorry, long post as awol for a few days.

FD Friday went well and yesterday’s weigh in was reassuring, losing the weight I gained last week and half a pound, T-2.6. Put a bit back on yesterday with snacks after decorating.

Jean, you may be having the weather we had yesterday. The wind and rain were awful and I’ve got to rescue the ‘plastic shed’ from various parts of the garden and try to reassemble, minus the instructions. Lovely and sunny here today. Hope the family problems work themselves out.

Hedgehogs, I haven’t been to Cornwall for years, but remember all the places you mentioned. I’ve got lots of mugs and bits from the Boscastle Pottery and remember the amazing drive around the coast, oh and the pub in Crackington Haven.

Rowena, hope you have a wonderful break. As others have said, this is a place to share your feelings without fear of burdening anyone. Lots of us have experience of anxiety/depression and if not then at least understand stress, all of which have a huge impact on weight, so no surprise. I sometimes find I work better under a tight deadline, I tend to cut the faffing and improves my focus. I’m sure you’ll get the project squared away before your trip.

Kay, what an awful person, you did exactly the right thing in leaving. Sounds a bit like constructive dismissal the way he was bullying you. A break with the family will do you good, hope you have a great time in my neck of the woods.

Pseudo, your trip home Friday sounds terrible, hope you’ve had chance to relax this weekend. I know we can’t physically help you with problems such as your car, but we’re here when you need to offload or need some support.

DF, hope you’re having a wonderful weekend, you fasting tomorrow?

Dave, how was Pizza Hut? Hope the buffet didn’t disappoint. I find a blowout every now and again helps me to keep on the straight and narrow at other times.

So, back to do hopefully the final coat of paint on Bec’s room. Then just the cleaning and glossing to do. She did help with some of the painting yesterday, but managed to sleep through me sanding some old gloss of the wall, even though I was using an electric sander.

Who is joining me for Mass Fast Monday tomorrow?

Lynne x

Kay- would agree with others. I’d be seeking legal advice about the way this idiot has acted. Shouldn’t be a shortage of those willing to back you up.

Lynne- pizza hut was good thanks. I used to be able to go in there and eat 8 slices with pasta quite easily. Stuck to 4 x thin base slices (800 cals) and two modest portions of pasta and salad (500 cals) having had no breakfast. At dinner time I had 4 x pieces of bread (480 cals) and 4 x low fat sausages (296 cals). Total cals = 2080 which is 20 under my BMR. Didn’t put on any weight!! Delighted!

Followed up the above with a couple of lbs loss. So that brings me to 12 lbs lost in my 4 weeks of doing this diet. I’m very pleased that I haven’t yet put on any weight this weekend either.

FD for me tomorrow and may do a B2B on Tuesday as well as it worked well this week and I’m mega busy at work.

Good luck folks.

Dave

Morning. Not an anniversary no. We just love it around there. Well anywhere in Devon/Cornwall.
    Took dad to see Karl Jenkins last night. Was amazing!!!

Lynne…

Glad the decorating is getting near to finish….how can you sleep through electric sanding…lol
    We are with you tomorrow fasting…the weather has possibly come from your end as a lot of wind with rain…looks as if easing off now..

Dave..
    You are doing really well no increase in a month or staying the same…glad you enjoyed the pizza and were thoughtful in the pieces..it does you good..don’t forget it’s feasting and fasting…I think it kick starts you sometimes…although you are not needing it yet..well done..

Rowena…
    Glad you enjoyed Karl Jenkins last night…a good break…different thoughts..

It’s strange Steve’s taken me to Devon three times and it’s been thick fog on the moors each time.. I have yet to see it..I have to believe him it’s lovely..lol

Off out shopping milk and lots of wine…lol

Jean x

Jean, did you go back to the opticians about Steve’s glasses?

Lynne..
    I went out with daughter Saturday…so it’s a job next week…we could of gone today but we need somebody senior Sundays an iffy day…

Topped up my wine corner with 4 bottles of red…not drinking it now ..collecting for later…lol

Have a good day..

Xx

Jean, you’re right, need to make sure you see a manager. They need to review their procedures to make sure there’s a safeguard in place to make sure this can’t happen again. The more I think about it, the more dangerous it seems.

Lynne x

Lynne..
    He has suffered watering eyes over the last two years going back to them for adjustment and the doctors given him eye drops as he has dry eyes generally….doctor suggested eye test but of course he was up to date.😬

He has started wearing his second pair which he uses as garage glasses …his eyes have stopped watering this last week !

The worse thing is …I told him to man up and stop complaining about the varifocals…as they different and it takes time you just have to get used to them….I feel quite bad now…lol

Poor Steve…

Xx

Dave- glad you enjoyed the Pizza Hut- sounds like you were very restrained with the buffet- it’s calling us for tomorrow… we will have a few hours to kill while my car’s in for a service, hubby wants to take it to the garage where he used to live, so it’s a bit of a trek, nowhere decent where we live now!
    Jean- hope you’re especially nice to Steve about those glasses! And enjoy that wine!!
    Lynne- hope that the decorating’s soon finished! I used to love it, but now it’s just painful!!
    Am fasting today- was bad; getting hungry when the others were having snack lunch, so as back’s still not great and I didn’t want to go out for a walk in the cold, I went back to bed for 2 hours and kept out the way!! Have lost a pound despite the not good non-FDs last week, pleased with that! Everyone else is having roast chicken tonight, I’m having veggie sausages and no roasties, and I haven’t made them a pudding! That’s just too much temptation!
    So I’m planning Tues and Thurs FDs next week.

Just back from a walk with Ellie in Budleigh Salterton, along the river and nature reserve. Managed to clock up over 6 miles, and fasted all day, although its not a FD!

Ellie appears to have another bladder infection so I need to ring the vets in the morning and see if they will just let me pick up some antibiotics without taking her in.

What more is in store for me??? Give me a break!!

Going to sit back with wine and nibbles and watch the F1….just because I can!!

Hedgehog…
    Wine on hold now…we are alcohol free at the moment…a blip at the weekend..😬..well done on the pound…I was always a pound girl never really more…backs staying with you a slow process rest up…

Kay…
    Poor Ellie hope you can get the tablets without going in with her…..6 miles is a good walk….plus a thrown in FD…….We will be watching F1 with you tonight, no wine for us….we have come in at 900 cals so not bad on a low day……fasting tomorrow..

Hope things buck up for you..

Jean x

Hi all – ilkeston derbyshire
    Me abd my husband are starting this diet tomorrow 🙈. I want to lose 4 stone.
    Anyone got any newbie tips or favourite recipes they do on their fasting days? All advice will be very much my appreciated!
    Thanks x

Shellbates…
    Welcome and good luck with your journey…it’s easy if you give it a chance..my hubby joined me nearly three years now and it really helps if you both do it..

We have for our evening meal ..usually a good mixed salad with 100 gr / 4oz of meat, fish, a 2 egg omelette with a smattering of cheese with a few bits added, two lamb chops, one pork chop, half a large chicken breast, prawns, tuna.

Breakfast for me usually mixed berries, a tablespoon of homemade granola and a tablespoon of homemade chai jam..

Hubby has a 30gr of porridge made with milk and water…different cereals ( too much sugar in them) thats not the best but that’s what he has…

Keep with the group it really helps…..myfitnesspal app helps with calorie counting…find out your TDEE which is the calories you need..top right corner of screen..you will both be different..

Hope that helps..I will be fasting like a few on here..a mass fast as we call it…lol..shout if you need help

Jean x

Hi Shellbates! I’m finding it easier to skip breakfast this time, and sometimes to have nothing until dinner. If I do eat lunchtime it’s just a bowl of soup. I love soup on FDs- keeps me warm. Lots of sparkling water and herbal tea in the day time to keep me going. And try to keep busy! I have the 5:2 Diet Recipe Book by Jacqueline Whitehart which has some good recipes in it. Otherwise I make falafels and salad or omelette and salad. If you google low cal recipes then there’s loads to browse through! Good luck!

Hi all – back with determination today!

Peru was amazing – Machu Picchu wonderful, but the trek to get there even more so! Brilliant gang, great team support from the guides/cooks/horsemen. yes, I did say cooks! Peruvian food delicious and plentiful…which means that a bit more weight has gone on.

So what was October named? I have 11lbs as my first target, and given that nothing was moving for weeks before I went away, I’m going to have to get really serious about FDs. So starting today.

I know a few new folk have joined – hi…nice to meet you!

And I’ve picked up that Ellie’s not well, Kay, and your boss has been crap – so hope this week get’s better.

Rowena – are you back to writing today (did I pick up right that you’ve got a significant piece of work to finish before you go away this week?) I’ll be tied to my desk, too, so I’ll be thinking of you.

Jean and Steve – planning a wedding day has gone a little bit nuts (IMHO, but also in my professional opinion)…a real exercise in patience for everyone around and about the happy couple! Good luck with supporting your step-daughter. You’ve put your mind to some remarkable things in the past, so I know you can do this, too!

I hear the boy up…so I’d better go and get breakfast underway for the ‘men-folk’ and get my second cuppa.

Catch you all later.

Mx

Viewing 50 posts - 14,301 through 14,350 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.