Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 9 hours, 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,151 through 13,200 (of 35,400 total)

• Morning All…

A cloudy start …off to see my daughter today, Steve taking boys to see Cars 3 unless anything changes..lol

It was a OMG for us this morning, doing Wednesday and Friday weigh in this week taking the best, two NFDs before official Friday weigh in making it difficult doing things with Katie..we had put on the 3 lbs and me 4 lbs…glad to say we are lower than last Friday’s weight…πŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ‘..really pleased…as you know we don’t move much weight now!

The 2.5 is working nicely……in this hot weather I really missed, my magnum and G and T at 4pm…..walking passed the pub looked so lovely to sit outside….never mind the weight is more important maybe this is the way to go after holidays…I won’t speak too soon..lol

DF..
    Glad the dentist went well and a day with your son….a week to go to holiday break always nice…πŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ™Œ to you 2 lbs off and your lowest …makes you feel good…

Kay..
    I hope you are safe where you are the weather looks bad on the news…πŸ’•

And anyone else in the south area….

Have a good day all …back later tonight…

Jean x

Morning all

Fast day for me, am staying in waiting for parcels this morning so working out on my treadmill… have to say I am not looking forward to it as it is very muggy here…

Hope everyone is ok will be back later,

Jean have a lovely day with the family

Aud x

Morning all

Storm from hell here in the night. Literally the worst I can ever remember. Our dog is pretty unshakeable usually but I had to go and sit with her downstairs from 1pm for an hour til the storm passed. She was really terrified. It seemed just overhead with so much lightening and great roars of thunder.

Rowenna get well soon. My bother had the same experience as Audrey has siad. They had ivf twins then an unexpected third child a couple of years later. But hopefully none of this will be relevant to you and you will be ovulating ok. I remember ironbridge well from walkin g

Jo, sounds dramatic. Hope you feel better soon.

I am maintaining ok on a full Monday fast and then 16/8 some days. Being reasonably careful but not really denying myself but I will have to see how it goes.

Jean, you did well to resist caramel shortbread. I love that. Glad your family issues are subsiding a bit

Good afternoon F B Brits Hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A cloudy oppressive day here. Managed so far to avoid the storms.

Aww while I am typing two lovely big fat wood pigeons feeding out on the table. Love that peaceful coo they make. Lol

DF What a lovely warm feeling it is walking out the dentist with a 6 months break.

Glad your boy got his MOT ok is always a bit of a worry. Lovely you had the day with him

Now your holiday to look forward too. Xx

Sym…Enjoy your Daughter time today… its so precious. I think you and Steve have done so very well considering you have had a busy people time. It is also easier to do this when there is no pressure to provide others with food or eat theirs. Lolol.

Either way I always find you have to go with the flow or it looks a bit rude. Enjoy your day. Xx

Aud… keep on treading but be careful not to upset your back and be in that awful pain. Good luck with your FD. Xx

Sarah.. Hope you are keeping ok. Lots of trauma has come your way.. you do sound a good little fighter though. Xx I really love the 16 8 my weight seems to be the same every day now. So wish I had found this site ages a go. Take care. Xx

Right lunch over … egg and bacon sandwich.. Strawberries .Now to mow the lawns in case it rains.

Brit lovelies
    ValueΒ  yourself for who you are, and not allow others to dictate your value. Trust yourself, think for yourself, form your own opinions, and make your own decisions. In addition,Β  refuse to compare yourself to others. Xx

Jean,
    Hope your having a nice day with your daughter πŸ™‚ x

Audrey,
    You be careful on that treadmill! Must be quite hard going in this heat lol x

Hemmy,
    I do love to read your posts, and I love watching birds in the garden πŸ™‚ It is a peaceful sound that wood pigeons make πŸ™‚ x

Sarah,
    Luckily we’ve escaped the storms so far. Bless your poor dog, it must be so frightening for animals when weather is bad like that. I know my cat used to be terrible with anything loud. Fireworks especially! x

Hugs to all x

I’ll be back tomorrow when it will be 2nd FD of the week πŸ™‚

Hi all

Pretty big news this end, they have changed the route for HS2 and it now comes pretty close to our house! The houses over the car park from us are to be demolished, the playing field where we walk our dogs is going to go and our road is once again to be a cul de sac! It means we are in for quite a lot of disruption and also quite a lot of compensation!

I have been studying the map all day Lolo…

Having a good fast day, only fruit so far stewed rhubarb and plums…

Back later

Aud x

Hello. Had a good day. Taught a group if ten delightful kids how to do batik. Meanwhile trying to clear the 6th form room which isn’t so nice as it’s a huge job.
    Feeling really wiped out. Really bloated. Planned to do 16.8 but had ate my lunch by 930!!!!! Think I’ll just write this week off and focus next week once I’m on holiday. My brother has requested some paintings of Han solo and marty mcfly so have printed image to be able to do those!!! My studio will need a massive clear out first though.
    Meant to fast tomorrow but I can’t see it happening.

Have a lovely evening xx

Audrey .. that sounds like a lot of disruption! Massive changes!

Rowena .. I’m not surprised your exhausted!! Take care Mrs .. like you said write this week off and start fresh next week πŸ˜‰

Wine time for me lol … so hot and humid here .. desperately need the thunder storm to clear it a bit. Fasting tomorrow for me.

Have a nice evening guys xx

Hi All…

I think a storm is brewing here, dark sky and very quiet…it feels strange….

I have had a lovely day with daughter and Charlotte, anybody who wants Charlotte she is going free! She is a blxxdy nightmare, I could sort her out in a couple of days, runs rings around my daughter…. walking and looking in shops had lunch out, salad and a prawn sandwich and a cream tea…not too bad but feel stuffed nothing for tonight at the moment…Steve took the boys to the movies for Cars 2 he said it was really good film…the boys good as gold.

I am back again tomorrow see what the weather is like to what we do…Steve off doing Treasure Hunt on the bike..a bit of him time…somewhere near Chester about 250 miles a long day…

Audrey…
    Hope your FD went well and parcels arrived….will it be a nightmare for you HS2.. are you that close? It was going by Sister In law I don’t know how she stands now, it was a large car park and station hub…a complete waste of money!

Sarah..
    Your poor dog and what a storm….hope he’s ok now…

Hemmy…
    Just love my birds..we have a small garden but have a lot of birds…they bring all their babies, cost us a fortune..lol

Love today’s quote, daughter loved it too…

Rowena..
    Glad your day was better…still that room to be done..😬

Jean x

Hi Jean yes it will be VERY close.. at the moment we are close to the railway line but we will be living next to it once it is finished!! All the houses inbetween are to be demolished.. . Not sure yet whether we will be offered a compulsory purchase offer… waiting for next meeting ..

I have had a really good fast day with my stewed fruit. It’s looking good for the weigh in on Friday..

Going bed now love to all

Audrey x

Audrey…
    Fingers crossed for Friday for both of us…and Steve..lol

I am so sorry for the worry about it all …it’s not nice at all…it’s such a shame…hoping something gets sorted for you….

Night night

Jean x

Thanks Jean. They are not due to start for another 6 years I think so lots of time to find out what is going to happen.. one thing for sure no more home improvements my new kitchen I could cry!😒😭

Audrey x

Evening all – lots of catching up to do here, but I’ve been gone a while so just checking in to say I’m back! Had a dreadful month (last time I was here I’d just come out of hospital after some allergic reaction and was on steroids – believe it or not things went downhill from there!)

I’ve been eating ALL THE THINGS and have put back on every single pound I’d struggled to lose and am now further from my goal from ever. Why does it take me a year to lose what I can put on in a month?!? Anyway, time to recommit, went to yoga for the first time in a month tonight and I’m planning for that to be the start of me kicking my butt into gear and lose this stupid stone!!

Morning all

Non fast day for me today hooray…. May be off to the van tomorrow will wait and see it depends on the weather.

Hope everyone is ok keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey xx

Morning all,

MJ welcome back! Its so frustrating that weight goes on so easier than it comes off. You’ve done it before though, and you can do it again πŸ™‚ We’re in it together!

Audrey, enjoy your NFD, your doing so well πŸ™‚

Jean, glad you had a good day yesterday πŸ™‚

FD for me ..

xx

Morning All..

A drizzly day..☹️… don’t really know what to do with the children…last year we got to the beach 4 times…this year only once with her Dad…

Steve up and away at 6am on his bike to Chester area doing his Treasure Hunt …no me this time 😩…home late..250 miles!….sore bum!

We have lots of rain about over the weekend ….I think she’s going home four or five days early as the flights from Dubai to Houston are very full and they are not on a confirmed flight….she needs to get home, get rid of jet lag before the children return to school on the 7th August. The row has upset her with no sorry from the grandson…I think we are all cross with him…

Hoping for another low day today before the fasting starts again tomorrow….

MJ..
    Lovely to have you back…hoping you are back to good health and all better….it’s strange as soon as you don’t post the weight goes back on, I don’t think people realise what support we give each other…even when trying to maintain through holidays or illness, we all need support and a chat…we will soon get the weight off and get you focussed again…

Audrey..
    Hope the weather improves for the caravan..we have booked Lytham 40’s weekend 18th August with our friends..just 4 days…

DF….
    You will soon be on your holiday break…is it from tomorrow?

Have a good day all

Jean x

Laughing here window cleaners have arrived and it’s raining…how do you do that…πŸ˜‚..thank goodness not mine..we do it…

Jean, do you have a swimming pool nearby? Would the children like that? We are luck to have a water world in stoke which is not too far away for us, great on a cold wet day.

I am not laughing it’s raining on my lovely shiny windows that I spent ages cleaning with my new toy… if it stops will pop out and do them again..

Can’t decide what to eat today, decisions decisions hehe

Sorry I forgot to say earlier welcome back MJ

Back later

Aud

Audrey…

Good idea but water too cold for them !! πŸ˜‚

Off to a really large ball pool, slides, tunnels trampolines..

Speak later

Jean x

Hi all it’s very quiet on here…

I am off to the van tomorrow and going to stay on my own when Ian comes back to work..

Hope everyone is ok

Shera posts crossed, hope thing get better for you soon.. virtual hugs coming your way ❀

Audrey x

Hi all
    I woke up in the night again. And couldn’t get back to sleep. Felt so ill when I got up. Taken tableta all day for my head but it’s still bad.
    Spent from 8am til 4pm clearing the room and rehousing stuff. Was a horrible job and it’s not finished but made good progress.
    Kids have a half day tomorrow. Not sure what time we’re allowed to leave but I can’t wait. Got to go to hospital to get blood test to see if I ovulate after that.
    I surprised myself and managed a FD.

Going in the bath to see if that helps.

Don’t worry MJ you will lose the weight. I’m going the wrong way too at the moment.

Hi All..
    After a very rainy day lovely blue skies…

Ball pool went down well three very sweaty children and tired when we got them back home…that’s how I like them…lol

Three clues done by Steve he had better weather than us…

Audrey…
    Away time in the caravan again lovely rest….

Rowena..
    Good luck on the blood test….last day at school….hope you sleep tonight I hate not getting to sleep…

Hope everyone is ok…quiet on here…

Jean x

Morning all

Fast day for me, I am really struggling…. I am sticking to 500 on fast days and nowhere near my TDEE on others and NOT LOSING WEIGHT AARGH!

Any ideas?

Off to the caravan later today, will be in touch as and when I can

Hope everyone is ok it’s very quiet on here let’s just hope it’s holidays and we haven’t lost anyone

Back later

Audrey xx

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Cooler so far today… lucky we missed the storms though.

Aud what about trying 3 x 800 days. Maybe then having the 3oo extra cals you wouldn’t feel like going over on the non fast days so much. Enjoy the caravan. Xx

Busy today… Kristy here again this week-end . Trying to get her into healthy eating again. Seems to be eating all the wrong stuff … take outs . fish n chips most days.

Hope everyone is ok… we have got a very small group again.

Brit lovelies…… Don’t ever change for anyone but yourself; there will always be someone who will love you for who you are, so don’t waste your time on anyone who wants you to change. Xx

Hi Hemmy

I HAVEN’T been over my TREE… I have counted everything my TREE is 1600 and I haven’t been over 1250! Think it’s the thyroid and reduced thyrocine from DR… I am not giving up…. I need to lose this weight…
    Thanks for answering, much appreciated may try a week of 800 next week when I am at van on my own….

Aud x

Morning lovelies,

Audrey
    Its so frustrating when your doing everything by the book. Keep at it, and definitely try the 800 days. Its good to mix it up a bit πŸ™‚ I’m sure the weight will start moving again soon!

Hemmy
    Brilliant quote again. Have a wonderful day! Luckily I’ve managed to miss the storms too. Been really bad from what I’ve seen!

Its so quiet here, holiday time πŸ™‚ I’m off work next week, and depending on the weather hoping to get out in the camper! I’ll try and keep updating here though, as I’m carrying on with FD’s while I’m off.

Have a lovely day xx

Thanks DF

I just need to plod on I know this but I keep losing the regaining the same couple of lbs I need a whoosh ! Lolo 🀣

Back later, got to start packing for the caravan…

Aud x

Morning All..

A sunny day here…

We have both lost 1 lb from last weeks weigh in…but both lost 3 lb each over the weeks peak weight! Very pleased…

Going out for new jeans and shorts today, throwing some old jeans away…

Audrey…
    We have done 2.5 this week..and it seems to have got us moving…as you know our plateau has been for 7 odd months now…we have stopped the bread and potatoes…more salads and smaller portions…continuing for another week…just see what happens..

Enjoy your holiday….

Hemmy…
    Enjoy Kirsty this weekend and hope you can get her back on track….love todays quote..

DF…
    Enjoy your week off and hope you get the wheels moving…🚎…have a good relaxing time whatever you do..

Jean x

Hi all.
    Well I made it! Slept badly again and still have the bad head but I’m free!!! Didn’t complete everything off my to do list but that’s rough! ! I’ve made a new list and left it on my desk for September.
    Went straight to the hospital and was in and out in ten mins. Haven’t had blood test in years. The idea is worse than the reality I think. We will see what that shows. Weather is rubbish today. Meeting dad in pub later. Not going to weight archers tomorrow. No point as struggled this week. Will just take time to relax and switch off over next few days and get back on it.
    Have a lovely evening x

Hi all

Got to caravan safely…

Have a good weekend everyone

Audrey xx

Evening All..

We have had a NFD today cracked a bottle of merlot really had the need…families!…enough said..

Bought a couple of pairs of jeans at an outlet at Β£15 each, a bit shorter to my ankles, one denim and one beige …add to the collection…lol….no shorts found what I like…I am fussy..

Audrey…
    Enjoy your time away…get the BBQ out and make me jealous…lol

Rowena…
    All work finished now until September…enjoy the holidays…

Have a good weekend everybody…

Jean x

Morning All…

What a rainy day…a bit of shopping this morning, a few birthday cards pending, pop in a coffee shop.

NFD yesterday but not too bad…only had one wine each but the bottles 3/4 full 😬We had a meal out but only had a lite bite of gammon, egg and chips with the few bits extra…only very small amount of chips and I gave half of mine to Steve…poor Steve extra pound!…lol

We are having a low day…or our thoughts are that way at the moment…

Audrey…
    Are you fasting while away or too hard..?…have a nice break..

Hemmy…
    Enjoy Kirsty this weekend..maybe a cider or two…

Enjoy the weekend everybody…

Jean x

Morning.
    Well I slept better thank goodness. Headache gone too. Yippee! Woke about 7 and went downstairs to deal with the dog and make myself a cup of herbal tea. Then climbed back in bed and watched the horizon programme on fasting that I found yesterday. Saw it when it was first on and read the book but wanted to recap. Feeling very motivated to get myself back to great health and feeling great again.
    Rainy here again. I intend to have a pampering session followed by clearing out my studio. Really don’t want to as it’s in a real state and full of 8 legged freaks!!! But I want to do lots of creative things over the hols so needs must!!!
    Hope you all have a lovely day πŸ˜€

Rowena…
    Glad you had a good nights sleep and you feel better…

Where did you find your fasting programme could do with that myself…what’s it’s title …a good reminder on why we are doing it and any extra tips…

Enjoy your pampering morning but I would have thought studio first pampering later with wine in hand…lol

Have a good go at your studio today hope you get it clean and tidy…I presume it’s a shed or similar….when all clean get some ‘cockroach and ant’ spray…spray it everywhere around the corners nooks and crannies …it’s so very strong it keeps everything at bay….I do this in the house in September when the crawlies come into the house to hibernate …I freak out over them..it keeps them to one or two at the most…πŸ˜€

Jean x

Hi all

Jean I am trying 800 days… Will see how I get on… have bought lots of frozen fruit from farmfoods so I Can stew it up as a sweet…

Rowena busy day for you enjoy your pamper session..

Hope everyone is ok… very quiet on here..

Audrey x

Jean yes it’s an out building. From front looks like a normal garage. But inside it’s garage first then into my studio. There’s a subterranean room which craig transformed into a cinema. It’s great but still gets a bit damp even though he went to great lengths to avoid that.

Rowena..
    Definitely a bug spray when clean…keeps the critters away…I hate them…hope all going to plan…

Audrey..
    Hope you are going on ok..hope the 800 works…

We have got Katie on a flight on Thursday morning from Manchester to Orlando….all the flights where at full capacity from Dubai looked really iffy..she could have been off loaded and stuck there….school starts soon…..Qater Airlines are grounded so everybody is moving onto other flights, ..Daddy will collect them and they will have a couple of days at Disney as a surprise …before going home…

It’s been lovely having her, and has passed quick…her Dad has pulled his finger out this time unusually, he has been good…….rows have calmed down sister wise but only just talking after two weeks things not good at all between all of us….shame really.

All very quiet on here

Jean x

It’s great news that you have managed to find flights for them Jean

Sorry they are going home though I know you will miss them.. big hugs!!πŸ’—

Aud x

Jean I found the horizon programme on iPlayer. It’s called eat, fast and live longer.
    I’ve made good progress in studio. Been vacuuming up webs, put all materials away and swept floor. There’s one area I have not done as it’s particularly spidery so hoping craig might do it.
    Making my speciality burgers tonight and will make a few cocktails too.

Audrey..
    We are going in September so not too bad for us….a weeks holiday then three weeks with them…the weight will be going up again..πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…..it’s one big battle all the time..

Make the most of it as when getting older the insurance will stop us going…I think we have about 7 years but by then it might be to much for us or to old or dead!….lol

Have a lovely time at the caravan…

Jean x

Rowena..
    Thanks for that I am just sitting might have a look about for it…..I should really be going for a walk…I will make a note of it..

Glad you have made a hole in the work ..yes I would leave Craig to do the worse bit…..Steve is very good when the scream goes up..lol

Dinner sounds good enjoy the cocktails…

Xx

Gosh Rowena

You have earned your cocktails! Enjoy,.

I am off now, will be back tomorrow..

Enjoy your evening my fast friends I am on home made chicken dopiaza… lovely..

Aud x

Just read the book in 1 sitting…… enthused and starting today. Wish me luck!

Good luck Joe

Lots of help and advice here. It helps to keep posting. Let us know how you are getting on.

Audrey

Audrey…
    Turned out a very bad day definitely not a low day…..problems in the camp here a bit upsetting and I am on a downer…..line drawn for tomorrow……could really do with one of Hemmy quotes…’ What you can’t change…………..’

FD for us tomorrow leaving it open as we may go out as meeting up with Katie…if we don’t eat out continuing as FD..

FD again Monday..

Joe…
    Welcome come and join us and let us know how it’s going…hope the fast day went well for you…my hubby Steve is fasting with me so you won’t be the only man…good luck…..it really works just a bit of effort at the beginning ..then it gets easier..

Night everyone

Jean x

Morning. Another fairly decent sleep. Still woke early though but I suppose my body is used to 6.10am alarm.
    No plans today. Hoping to read and maybe do something in studio. As I’ll be out on tues for meal not sure whether to just fast on Thursday or do Monday too….

Morning All..
    A bright sunny start..see how the day goes…

A slow morning and having the afternoon with daughter and children…a very quick 5 weeks holiday you seem to look forward to it and it passes so quick…although she is leaving 5 days early…

A fruit breakfast hoping for a low day…we had half a large Easter egg yesterday and a glass of wine just had a need day….line drawn now….

A lazy start for us…a fast day Monday…

Jean x

Morning all

I am on a fast day today. BBQ tomorrow…

Jean sorry things are rough at the moment… hope it improves soon..

Rowena have a lovely relaxing day and enjoy it..

Off now playing in the garden lots of weeding to be done.

Back later

Enjoy your Sunday my friends.

Audrey x

Evening All..

Hope you all have had a good weekend…

We had a good day with daughter and children…Charlotte was out of sorts and with tummy upset and sickness..seemed to pick up for a hour then went again she has been in bed all day with her iPad, sleeping on and off…

Elder daughter visited a bit strained but I suppose ok..stayed for 3 hours….Katie is still very cross with her sister….she has not spoke to me in 4 days but rang me this morning….we normally speak daily… her and her family have hardly visited Katie, her hubby not at all, one grandson twice and the other once..to think Katie changed her holidays to fit in for them…it’s just unbelievable.

Moan over!!

A normal day for us food wise and had some wine, I will collect them Wednesday to stay over with us and take them to Manchester airport early Thursday am…☹️

Then get back to normal…it’s been lovely to have them all here…

Anyone joining us on a fast day tomorrow?

Jean x

I have fasted today Jean. We are meeting up with some old friends for lunch tomorrow then having a BBQ for our evening meal.. .

Glad today went ok for you.. families eh?…

Will be back tomorrow have a good fast day.. hope everyone is ok It’s VERY quiet on here. Are we all behaving??

Audrey x

Morning All..

A grey day here quite miserable …

Just had my fruit breakfast….Audrey and ourselves fasting today….anyone else?? Rowena are you with us?

Audrey..
    Have a lovely lunch and catch up with friends today…and the weather holds for your BBQ

Joe…
    Are you still with us?

Out to have my toes painted at 2 pm…really hard to get in had to wait a fortnight…must be everyone getting ready for holidays…

Send me a quote Hemmy I really do need one…lol…a rough time here at the moment.

Have a lovely day all…

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 13,151 through 13,200 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.