Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,949 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 18 hours, 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,201 through 13,250 (of 35,436 total)

• Morning all,

Long day travelling yesterday but that helped with the 16 hrs fast so useful. Had Curry and wine tho, so not sure how that affected stuff.

Must admit I am struggling to get my head around the fact that you can eat what you like in the five days….. Did anyone else find this?

Joe

Hi Joe…

Glad you your 16 hours helped…

On you NFDs you can’t really eat what you like…eat healthy and keep naughties down…do your TDEE and BMI and see what your top calories for you are, keep a couple of hundred under that..

TDEE top right of screen…put your details in and the calculator will do it for you…keep a calorie count on MyFitnessPal app..even for a couple of months while you get into it and use a food scale! A pain but you need to at the beginning…

Measure your waist and neck, and do it once a month make a note…weigh in the morning after your second fast day and make a note ..

We do Monday and Thursday FD’s weigh in Friday …and we also have Fridays off, a meal out a wine or a beer or two maybe a cake…but line then drawn and back to healthy eating..

( a bit awkward at the moment as I have visitors here so I am doing a bit different to fit in )

Good luck..and keep popping by

Jean x

Morning all

Sorry Jean lbs definitely not fasting today, did yesterday instead, lunch out for me!

Joe, you can in theory eat what you want on your non fast days but be careful not to go over your TDEE.. A lot of us use my fitness pal for calorie counting I tend to eat the amount of calories thst says it is more realistic. Glad you are doing ok. Shout if you need us!

Audrey

Jean, I’m fasting with you! Let’s do this πŸ™‚ I had far too much vino this weekend lol x

Slip of the pen Audrey..enjoy your lunch..

DF..
    Me too slipped too much…found Charlottes nougat had a 3″ square without her knowing and wine …had the need…we have to be strong today..πŸ˜€

Xx

Thanks people, I will download the myfitness app and have a look. I will certainly do the calcs as well…. got to do it properly… thanks for all the support! Will certainly ask for helpπŸ‘πŸ»

Hi everyone!

Long long time no speak – I had my two weeks’ back-to-back work and then grad week last week. Totally overdid it, of course, but I had the absolute best time imaginable with friends. Weird to think it’s all over now! I arrived home last night and I’ve got heaps of unpacking to tackle today…

Hope you’re all doing well and I’ll be having a read back over everything I’ve missed. I’m gonna get back at fasting some time this week.

xxx

Hi Ellie…
    Lovely to have you back we have a few people missing at the moment…holidays etc

Sounds like you have had a whale of a time and lots of washing in hand…lol

Hear from you soon..

Jean x

Hi everyone! Lovely to see u Ellie.
    Well first day off and had lovely lie in. Then went to opticians. My prescription hasn’t changed which I was glad of as money is tight at the moment. Would love some new glasses but it can wait.
    OH going to London overnight so will be me and the furry one. Will do nails and get ready for tomorrow. It’s my birthday. Dad, sis and niece taking me out for lunch then craig and I are driving to bristol way in separate cars as my car needs hydrolics on roof mending and we’ll stay over, have a posh meal then apparently something the next day before we drive back.
    Therefore I am fasting today.

Rowena…
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow and have a lovely lunch with your family and posh meal out sounds very interesting then a surprise ….nice one…πŸŽ‚ + 🍷….

Enjoy your day..

Jean x

Thank you xx

Rowena

Happy birthday for tomorrow have a lovely day..

Aud x

DF…

How are you doing?

Just had a pork chop with salad …finished now…day not too bad, I got my toes painted so it broke the day.

I have been kept busy with two very cross daughters…individually on the phone…keeps your mind off food…lol

Steve’s daughters just rang…she’s had her 16 year old cat put to sleep so she’s very upset…Rolo had been going unwell and loosing weight for three months…so half expected…

Just got one daughter left to start!

Keep strong…or maybe me keep strong bloody kids!

Jean x

Morning all

Jean .. how sad about Steve’s daughter’s cat πŸ™ it’s a horrible thing to deal with xx

Ellie .. so nice to hear from you πŸ™‚ xx

Rowena .. happy birthday, have a lovely day xx

Audrey .. hope your ok πŸ™‚ have a good day xx

My FD went well yesterday .. can eat today yayyyyyyy!!!

Take care everyone xxx

Morning All…

A lazy start to the day….thinking of throwing another FD today all went well yesterday…

A bit of shopping to top up….a clean around the house…it’s not been done with the visiting…

Rowena….
    Enjoy your Birthday, all the treats and suprises….πŸŽ‚

DF..
    Well done on yesterday…

Jean x

Morning all

Just sent Ian back home to go work.. lol πŸ˜‚. He looked like a child going to school dragging his feet hehe.. only me and the dogs until Sat.

Had fun yesterday with our friends came back to the van to find we had a leak under the sink in the bathroom the push on connector is leaky so now I have no running water!! The engineer is going to pop in tomorrow so annoying its probably just a washer but we can’t get into the thing… Ian is not a DIY enthusiast…

Will be back later having a light day today just stewed fruit for me. I seem to be struggling to go to the loo. My IBS is responsible I think but could do with dynamite perhaps fruit Will do instead?.

Have a good day everyone

Audrey x

Good afternoon FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A lovely long week-end with Kristy. A nice meal out Saturday evening .. nearby village pub and it was very nice.

Car boot yesterday … got more garden pots. Lol. Enjoyed the time with her but tiring mentally as all changes so quickly Lol. Will enjoy a peaceful few weeks now just doing my own thing.

Warming up again here after some cloudy days.

Pleased when I weighed this morning … only put on 1 lb since Fri so will soon come off. Drank cider outside my 16-8 … kept the eating within that time.

Good luck today for anyone fasting. ( My walking neighbour friend said she has lost weight since taking Cider vinegar each morning)

Brit lovelies..

Don’t let your loyalty become slavery, if they don’t appreciate what you bring to the table, let them eat alone. Xx

Hi Guys…

Fasting going well just had my fruit this morning…having a lunch time cuppa…

Last day for katie tomorrow I will collect her from the house and bring her to sleep over at ours…leave here in the morning about 6 am for the airport…

We will eat out tomorrow evening so thought I would do a trifle for when we come back and get the merlot out…I can have one or two but driving early so not too many…lol

Audrey…
    Hope you can get your leak sorted a good job you noticed it…a few days on your own with the animals, is it strange by yourself…I often wonder when away you see some people on their own….

Hope you soon feel better…

Hemmy…
    Lovely to have visitors but nice to have ‘you’ time….car boot and more pots….glad you are holding your own with the weight. Just nice to have a change of scenery …lovely meal to…

A question…do you think I could put two house plants outside for a month in September? Ones a fern the other is just green leaves…as we are away…do you think it would be too cold for them..

With the daughter visiting it has been quite challenging a lot this year…I think she will miss next year…looks like all the arguments came to a head last night…I hope… after three weeks of not talking within the family …the two sisters were on the phone arguing for two and half hours last night, lots of tears and hurt things said….this morning the elder went down with her son and both apologised to her Dad then went to see Katie and both apologised to her…I am hoping now it’s sorted…as I got a lot of the back wash of it all too but I have not spoken to her today…it’s all been very upsetting…

Quite sunny here now but another bad day tomorrow….a heat wave is suppose to be coming for August 🌞

Jean x

Jean

I couldn’t help but notice the leak water was pouring out of the cupboard under the sink like a river!! Hehe

I am sorry you have had a rough time there is nothing like families for falling out.. . I hope you all get apologies then put it behind you.. Let’s hope it’s sorted out soon..

I too am having a good day food wise.

I love having time on my own at the caravan I enjoy the peace of the campsite as it is quite noisy where we live… pesky teenagers!! I get to chill out with the dogs and just play in the garden at weeding. My idea of heaven.

Hemmy glad you have had a lovely weekend with Kristy you seem to have this maintaining thing sorted now!!

Off now will be back later

Audrey x

Audrey…
    Did you say you have a bed free…lol…enjoy your time to yourself..πŸ˜€

Looks like everything has now calmed down…three weeks too late but at least it’s happened before she leaves…

I have them all together up to me tomorrow for lunch…I also have elder daughter and family visiting on Saturday morning, another part of the argument…so maybe things have hit home in a few directions..

Families!!!!

Feeling better now..

Jean x

Yes Jean bed all yours when u want it.. much love your way…

Glad things are getting sorted..

Aud x

Night night
    Xx

A quick hello before going to sleep….yes Im still here!

Just about treading water but predictably a weight gain without the support and accountability on here, as Ive not been doing the fasts. I have managed day fasts and not eating til about 4pm but unfortunately not been in control of what Ive been eating πŸ™

Still Ill get back to it soon as I know it work when I follow it. In the meantime Im away camping from Thursday to Monday in Cheddar….just in time for the rain it seems…sigh.

Ive read back and caught up. Good to see a couple of peeps back (says me! lol)

Kay x

Morning all

Fast day for me today…

Kay good to see you back enjoy your time camping…

Caravan man coming today hooray I may have running water again later.. have a watering can outside door at the moment… hehe

Have a good day everyone

Audrey x

Morning All…

A dull day and rain coming….

A weigh in for us this morning hoping to get back to Fridays next week….2 lbs off for me, 1 lb off for Steve…really pleased with that…we thought we would be a bit up over 5 weeks of visitors or maintain at the least but we are both lower …so very very pleased…

Afternoon family get together buffet and dessert…..Then eating out a meal and wine…..then desserts again and wine at home last binge before sending katie off…..lovely to have the family back together and talking…πŸ˜€

Audery..
    Hope you get your leak fixed today..

Kay..
    Lovely to hear from you…enjoy your camping trip, I think today is the worse rainy day so you should be fine…

Jean x

I now have running water again…

Engineer was here 10 mins changed part that’s Β£50… call out fee… think I will become a caravan engineer.. . Good money to be had…

Back later

Audrey xx

Audrey..
    Everything is so expensive…I think any trade is good to be in…

No excuses for doing jobs now….lol

Just started raining…β˜”οΈ…very warm…

Jean x

Non fast day for me today. I had problems with the Myfitnesspal app, it looked like you had to upgrade to get all of the functionality (unless I am being stupid). I found one called ‘MyNetDiary’ free on iTunes App Store which seemed a lot easier to use…….

Thought I’d share….

Joe…
    You don’t have to upgrade mfp..the basic one is fine…..it’s quite easy really it remembers food you eat….so it gets easier after a week or so……….I don’t know the itune one…

Jean x

Hi. I am back from wonderful time in Bath. Went for really lovely meal ladt night then went to the the to spa this morning. Really relaxing. Just what I needed. Meanwhile car roof was fixed. Had to rush back to get dog from kennel. Just chilling tonight. Xx

Rowena, glad you have had a good time in bath. Good to have you back.

I have finished my fast day looking forward to eating tomorrow..

Back tomorrow

Aud xx

Good evening FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours.

Well a rainy day here … the garden looking beautiful and green. Enough now though want to top up my tan. Lol

Glad to say I have lost the lb gained at the week-end. I am not going back again from size 12 jeans. .. Just sooo much happier being a smaller size.

I am worried about Kristy and her diet. Cant say anything as she is so sensitive. Plus its all up to her. Took a bag of snacks back as other half loves them. Oh dear.

Think I will have to meet this guy. Lol.

Aud… yes finding 16-8 wonderful for keeping within a couple of pounds at the most. It is easier when you can just do your own food.

It seems like you cant call anyone out these days for less than Β£50 . Lol
    Enjoy your lovely quiet time at the caravan. Xx

Sym… So very pleased for you that the family resolved their differences. Xx Always hard being piggy in the middle.

Houseplants out side is always a problem. with our unpredictable weather. When we went away for a month I put some water in the bath … some old towels on top just enough extra water after soaking the towels then the plants on the towels. They were always ok.

Hope everyone is enjoying your trifle… I love it my favourite dessert. Lol. Xxxx

DF… how is life with you. Xx

Brit lovelies …

Don’t ever be afraid to show who you really are because as long as you’re happy with yourself, no one else’s opinion matters. Xx

Hemmy

Think that is a lovely saying… wish I was back in my size 12s.. had to buy bigger pants 😒…

Audrey x

Morning all.
    FD for us. Really don’t fancy it but it needs to be done. Need to pop to the post office to pick up parcel that j assume is canvasses I bought. Then I can start my paintings later. That will keep me busy!
    Might call the docs too az not heard anything about that blood test I had last week.
    Anyone else fasting?

Morning all

Sorry Rowena I fasted yesterday and am doing another tomorrow good luck for today.. .

We had horrendous weather last night here the rain was bouncing down… my flowers are very battered this morning.. looking at the forecast we are in for showers until we go home then it’s going to pick up… hehe

Hope everyone is ok

Audrey x

Off camping. I think it’s going to be a wet one but hey ho! It’s a big meet so will be fun!
    Weight is up but usually I manage to maintain whilst camping so fingers crossed.
    Have a good weekend all. Not only is internet going to be patchy but I don’t have access to electric so need to preserve battery power!

Kay x

Kay

Have a great time…

Audrey x

Hello everyone, not posted for a while but came back for some moral support! It was going very slowly but at least in the right direction, a loss of 2 or 3 lbs…then one Thai meal and too much wine with my brother and his gf in Oxford and it’s all gone back on! Refusing to log those stats on my tracker and hoping for a better weigh-in tomorrow after today’s fast (I do Mondays and Thursdays). Just over 3 weeks until my holiday in Spain and I want to look a bit better in the new swimsuit I treated myself to in House of Fraser!

Morning All..
    Miserable but fine day here…

Up and away early and out the house for 6 am…panicking about getting family to the airport but no traffic as children off school it makes a difference…Manchester area can be a nightmare…in 4 hours a round trip and now having a cup of coffee at home….

We are fasting today pull back from farewell food of yesterday…but it was nice…

Kay…
    Enjoy your camping hope the weathers not too bad…

Audrey…
    Your poor flowers hope they recover…and hope the weathers not coming our way….

Hemmy…
    The idea with the towels sounds ok may try it…no bath here but sort something similar…shame Kirsty can’t get on board, they only will when they want to…my elder daughter looked as if she had put some weight on, always too heavy, son and hubby the same only one slim son…

Rowena…
    We are with you today fasting…hope your canvasses come and you can get painting take your mind off food…lol…hope some good news about your blood…

Sally…
    Welcome back let get some weight moving for your holidays…

A bit tired so not much doing today…get back to normal…

Jean x

Does anyone else use the ‘Slim Rice’ and ‘Slim Pasta’ made from konjac? I find them a life-saver on fast days, with a tin of tomatoes and a few low fat veggies plus a chilli and some garlic I can have quite a filling meal for about 200 calories. And I noticed today they are currently on Buy One Get One Free at Holland & Barrett!

Yes I have some in the cupboard. I must admit I really don’t like them at all!! But as you say, they can be a life saver!
    The parcel wasn’t my canvasses unfortunately.
    I’m struggling today. It’s not even 3pm yet. I like to have my 500 in one meal so have to wait another 3 hours ideally.
    Aaarrgghhh! !!!

Hi Sally

Yes I have had them in the past. Used to get them from Morrison’s…

I didn’t really like the taste of them and then I made the decision I was only going to eat what I liked but in smaller quantities. So I changed back to butter and brown rice n pasta.

If they work for you though that’s great. We all do our own journey that’s the beauty of 52 you can do it your own way..

Rowena stick with it not long now you can eat tomorrow yeah…

Aud x

They have a strange texture but I don’t mind the thinner ones (I buy the rice and the spaghetti – the thicker ones like penne I found too chewy). I don’t use them all the time but with a low cal sauce they do make me feel full in a way that 200 calories doesn’t otherwise! I just wish they could invent calorie free wine… πŸ™‚

Sally when you find the calorie free wine I will start looking for calorie free chocolate and crisps to go with it… hehe Lolo πŸ˜‰..

Rowena..
    How’s it going?…I have had a super day 56 cals up to now on drinks only…feel fine not hungry…

Egg, tomatoes and bacon tonight..it filled us up last FD it worked well…. ( 2 lbs off…lol..lol)

Keep strong..

All your paints out and ready to go…(FB)

Jean x

Rowena..

All finished here ….enjoyed my dinner felt more like proper food instead of salad…come in at 398 cals..a small glass of milk to finish the day at bed time…

Hope you are going well…

Jean x

Hi. Just eaten. Phew! Had a bit of a polava with the hob. Hadn’t used it yet and couldn’t get it to work. Turns out we now need new pans as ours aren’t the ‘right ones’!!!

I cancelled my massage today cos I felt guilty spending money. Sick to death of spending!! Need to win the lottery!!

Let’s invent the first calorie free wine and chocolate then enjoy the money we will therefore make!!!!!

Loving that idea Shera, after all if they can make Diet Coke why not Diet Wine? How hard can it be…? But don’t deny yourself the other kind of treats…life’s too short! I cook for a living so maybe I will take up that invention challenge – finding it sooo hard to cook on fasting days though!

Morning All..

Beautiful day here…bright and windy and a line full of washing….

A NFD for us …I feel as if we have had a good week …only Thursday send off meal taking us off track but worth it.

Daughter arrived safe in Orlando waiting for Daddy to arrive, children excited to be seeing him but little do they know they staying for 4 nights and doing a couple of Disney Parks as a surprise and finish to their holidays as it’s back to school on the 7th August for them….a bit of Daddy time…..Daddy drops down to their age, very hands on, he will give them a whale of a time…he is also strict too..

A bit of shopping here and there….doing a new slow cooked belly pork recipe served with new potatoes, shallots and broccoli……in the oven for 4 hours…..one I have had at Ask Italian…..hoping to make similar…🀞🀞

Love the idea of diet wine…they do one but it’s awful is it alcohol free??

I do love my merlot…don’t have enough these days…lol

Have a good day our lovely friendly group….

Jean x

Morning all.
    I love a nice merlot too Jean!
    It’s grey here again. I need some sun. Had a lazy start to the day. Goung to b and q in a bit then a mortgage person is coming as it’s that time again. Might get out into studio later then pub with dad, sis, niece BIL and OH about 6pm.
    Got docs appt on Monday to discuss the results of my blood test.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,201 through 13,250 (of 35,436 total)

You must be logged in to reply.