Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,984 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 23 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,251 through 13,300 (of 35,471 total)

• Morning all

Late post for me sorry I have been out in the caravan garden and got carried away weeding… lost track of time..

Fast day for me, I am having home made pea and ham soup for my meal tonight and some stewed fruit for lunch…

Am I alone today? Is anyone else fasting?

Back later have a great day everybody fast or non fast and remember that together we are stronger

Audrey x

New pork belly recipe now for tomorrow…just passed the chippy…brought chips in and added an egg…still that’s us now a snack for tonight…maybe just trifle from the other day maybe just enough…lol

Sorry Aud NFD for us…

Jean x

Hi all

I have had a good fast day. Ian is back tomorrow so won’t be in touch as much for next few days.

Have a good weekend everybody

Audrey x

Audrey…
    Well done on your FD…..we will be fasting Monday and maybe Sunday…

Enjoy your weekend with Ian…

Jean x

Morning All…
    A beautiful blue sky morning….

Daughter and family calling this morning, grandson having a test drive up the motorway with support…

Steve still chasing trainers for his holidays so may go out later in the day for a look around…my favourite of favourite shorts are disintegrating 😩 Thought they would come on holiday so looks like I will be looking for a new pair…not easy I want what I want exactly ….

Doing my new recipe slow cooked belly pork today in red wine, shallots and new potatoes served with broccoli….see how we go….got a new pan to cook it in…cheap Dutch oven…

FD for us tomorrow anyone else joining us??

Have a lovely day my lovelies….

Jean x

Morning all

Have been on scales think I have lost a lb…but non fast day for me today so need to watch the intake.. lol

Ian back safely in bed now..

Back soon

Aud x

Morning. Didn’t go to weight watchers as car in for mot. On my scales I lost the 2 my scales showed I put on last week. My scales aren’t very reliable though.
    Not feeling great today with pmt. Might just read and chill or maybe paint. This week looks very changeable weather wise. Getting back into the gym from Monday.
    Making my yummy burgers later and experimenting with a few tiny chorizo pieces in the mix!

Afternoon All…

We had a good morning with elder daughter and family …after all the upset it’s like a switch has been thrown everything back to normal…..at least she made it up with her sister…

I found some shorts very similar to the ones which need to be thrown away so I am happy at that….maybe not so comfy but I will bed them in….more smart….

A bit naughty on the food today a cake out and chocolate biscuits which I brought out this morning for the family….we never eat biscuits now these must of been in the cupboard 6 months no temptation until guests arrive…

Having a lazy afternoon I think…maybe get a new book going….lovely smells coming from my slow cooking in the kitchen…hope it tastes as good….

Jean x

Enjoyed the new recipe..really tasty may try a joint next time….very full up..😀..with a bottle of Shiraz for a change, really lovely from Lidl….bold and fruity…Australian yellow label..£4 or under..

A fast day tomorrow throwing two together….

Jean x

Glad the recipe was ok Jean.. I do a nice pot roast in my slow cooker…

Back tomorrow meeting more friends for lunch. It’s beginning to look like I have a social life lol.. .who knew I had friends in real life lol 😉..

Bye all

Audrey x

We don’t have much of a social life…….just the two of us…..it’s nice to have friends on here…lol

Have a nice lunch tomorrow..

Xx

You know ur welcome to bring van here anytime you fancy.. .

Aud x

I might surprise you one day..😀..I will come and look at your garden with a bottle in hand….lol..maybe with a BBQ going….lol

Xx

Jean, that would be lovely you’re welcome to come anytime

Aud x

Morning All…
    A not bad start here this morning…I think rain pm…

Hair colour morning a pain but has to be done..we are trying a FD today and again tomorrow….

Very quiet on here have we lost a few people…maybe at goal and not posting….Kay and Minols are away…

A head count next week maybe and see who’s still with us….

Have a good day Fat Busting Brits…anyone else wanting to join our thread??

Jean x

Had a bad couple of days, Monday is new beginnings….!

Joe..

Steve and I are fasting Monday hope some others will be joining us…line drawn a new week….

Jean x

I always feel like good intentions should start on Mondays – fast day for me tomorrow but as the Other Half has taken himself off to the Golf Course today I’m going to do a semi-fast today too – bit of grapefruit for breakfast, some konjac noodles for lunch and then a proper dinner. All this pork belly talk has put me in the mood for that – slow cooked with Chinese spices and served with rice and pak choi. Yum!

Morning everyone

Not been around for a while, but have been reading posts.

Phil finally came out of hospital about a week ago after doing a 6 week stretch. It’s lovely having him home, but really hard work. At present he can’t get out of bed, so take a lot of care, which I mostly handle on my own. We do have carers to wash him Monday-Friday and I was offered more support, but hate having different people in and out everyday so at present would rather make the extra effort and manage alone.

Over the past 7 weeks have gained around 5lb. Not surprising really as had a few meals out whilst we could, and was eating whatever I could, whenever I could. Trying as a start to get back to 16:8, with a first FD early next week. Not sure if Monday or Tuesday yet, but determined to get back into it. I also got out of the habit of drinking water as it was a long walk to the toilet at the hospital, so need to get back to that.

Hannah comes home on Thursday, so no doubt there will be food involved and need to work around that.

I know it’s going to be tough for the first few fasts, especially as I now have to help Phil with his meals, but I’m determined to get back to regular fasting.

Monday’s always seem to be a good day to fast, so may join you all.

Hope you all have a good day.

Lynne x

Afternoon All…

Ours is now a low day today just fancied lunch….crumpets…a walk later around the village…eggs tonight..

Hair done and looks much better, we have Grandsons 18th birthday in two weeks so I am now tidy…

Lynne..
    Glad to have you back…Phils been a long time in hospital hope he’s more settled than he was….take any help what’s offered, you need it as well…..lots of chat when Hannah comes home it soon passes, hope she had a whale of a time…is your other daughter back off holiday yet?

Sally…
    Looks like a few of us fasting Monday, Steve and I, Joe, Lynne and yourself….maybe a few more…

Audrey…
    Hope your lunch went well…something nice…

A lazy day for us at the moment…

Jean x

Hi all

Had a lovely morning out.

I am joining the fasters tomorrow… Will be back then.

Aud x

Hi.
    Had a bit of a lie in. Then made a spreadsheet of my finances from the last 3 months. We are reviewing mortgage so it prompted me to look at exactly what I’m spending on. Frightening reading!!! It’s all too easy to use amazon and online shops!!!
    Well it has highlighted some issues for me to improve- haha!
    Not eaten yet. Just not hungry to be honest. Will have a go at making some felafels.
    Still very strange weather here. Sun sort of out at the moment but a while ago it was hammering down with rain. Mad.

Morning all

Fast day for me today I am a bit sore today so taking it easy. Travelling home tomorrow.

Hope everyone is ok be back later have a good day everyone good luck to my follow fasters

Audrey x

Morning All..

A later start this morning for us…bright and sunny…

We are joining you today Audrey, with Joe, Lynne and Sally…let’s make it a good one…..

Glasses still not right …it goes on for months with me…adjusted the nose as it was nearly making me bleed…that’s now fine but now lost my reading spot on my glasses and the arms are digging in! You just can’t win….back to the shop…

A egg, tomato and bacon dinner tonight…it seems to be going down well with Steve on a FD a change from salad…

Have a good day everyone….

Jean x

Morning all.
    I find glasses very uncomfortable too. When I do wear them it tends to be all day and by the end I can’t wait to get them off!
    NFD today. Reading, painting and doctors planned.
    Will make chicken curry later 😀

We are having roast beef 2 oz.. .a few potatoes and mixed VEG with a little gravy for our fast meal.. the beef is one I prepared earlier and froze.. . Yummy. Shame we can’t have Yorkshire though…😉😉

Going well so far been busy gardening or at least supervising Ian Lolo

Aud x

Hi everyone!

Its my first day back at work after a week off, and its been so crazy I’ve not had chance to log on here yet! Its been so stressful, and I’m not dealing with it after such a relaxing week 🙁

I’m fasting today with you, so at least one good thing is that I’m too busy to even think about food yet lol!

Hope your all ok. Hopefully tomorrow will be calmer, and I can reply individually.

Thinking of you all xx

Fasting here also and not eaten anything yet. Been to the gym and the garden centre (planted up some winter potatoes and fed all my other veg – they’ve had more calories than me today!) Going to have some prawns with Slim Rice and veg for lunch…when I can’t hold back any longer!

Rowena..
    Good luck at the doctors..hope the news is promising…🤞..think I will settle and read…

I have got my glasses sorted at least I read through them now and drive! Hoping the nose rest is ok as he has bent them back to how they were….

Audrey..
    Hope your aches settle down….enjoy your beef dinner all easy when they are pre prepared..

DF..
    Glad you are back we were getting very quiet here…hope your day settles down for you and you can relax…

Sally..
    I laughted at the plants getting more food than you….I have had my usual fruit for breakfast….enjoy your prawns and rice…

Lynne…
    Are you joining us today or will it be Tuesday…keep with us…😀

Joe…
    How are you doing today…..let’s get you back on track…

Jean x

Getting hungry now…another hour and a bit before I set the table and start cooking….

How is everybody doing??

I have a jug of water with half a small lime sliced up into it….drinking my way through it…lol

Set off for a walk but it started raining…no coat on so abandoned it shame as Steve was with me…

Jean x

Finished now 458 cals for the day….a small milk later….

How us everybody else doing?

Jean x

Hi Jean

I am going ok. Getting ready for home tomorrow… we have had a very busy day..

Back tomorrow
    Audrey x

Well done Jean and all those who have fast today-you are all superstars 🌟

Thank you for all the well wishes for my recovery. Doing well, but still swollen ankles and feet with some lovely big purple bruises. Still on one crutch. Been working from home but first day in the office today, 45mins away from my house. Forgot how lovely train journeys are. Soooo shattered so bath tonight with candles to relax. Still may have to keep my legs out of the water because of the incisions! So funny.

I stared doing16/8 again today-I will slowly creep to it this week. Did a 15 hour fast but then caved with fruit cake and tea. Not gonna beat myself up. Had lovely salad for lunch and having soup for dinner. Still recovering from the op and very sore so mentally I am just allowing myself one thing to cope with at a time. Still, I am happy with my 15 hour fast and healthy salad and soup.

Again well done to all the fasters today! 😊 X

Hello to all from a newbie from Bletchley in the Uk.
    Day 1 tomorrow. First time ever on 5.2 and still trying to find my way around the forum and bits and pieces

Audrey…
    Travel home safe tomorrow …you sound as if you have been busy…hope you feel better….

Jo…
    Take it steady getting back to work, it takes it out of you….gently back into 5.2…

Wolfiemo…
    Welcome to our corner, pop by and get to know us…shout if you need help somebody is always about….good luck for tomorrow …

Jean x

Hi all, well that’s another fast day done, already looking forward to my breakfast. Just hoping for a decent night’s sleep as I seem to really suffer from insomnia on fast days. I’ve found it best not to drink too much liquid near bedtime…

Sorry did so well up to 7 then friends popped in from the campsite and the wine crisps and cake have flowed… oops no fast today AGAIN…still was good to catch up..

Back tomorrow your rather tipsy friend

Aud hic x 😁

Morning All…

A lovely day here but showers expected later….

A NFD for us..had a good day yesterday and slept well..

Going to be missing today….Steve’s daughters birthday and we are meeting her at Donnington Race Track…her friend has booked her a track day on a motorbike…so going to watch her and have some lunch later , I think she starts about 10 am and finishes about 2 pm…she lives near Newport, Wales so always try and catch each other if near by…

Maybe your sort of thing Rowena….

Audrey…
    Take care going home weather doesn’t sound good in your area…

Wolf..
    Your first FD shout if you need help…keep busy and out of the kitchen…lol

Dashing a bit…speak later…

Jean x

Quick post from me lots of packing and cleaning to do before we go home.

Jean have a lovely day

Will post when I get home

Have a good day everyone

Audrey x

Have a lovely day everyone!

Jean, have fun .. sounds like a good day planned 🙂

Audrey, hope your doing ok. Had to chuckle at your tipsy post 😉 Sounds like a nice evening!

Sally, good job on the FD. Hope the insomnia gets better. I’m lucky in that I always sleep better on a FD. I know a lot don’t though .. enjoy breakfast today 🙂

Jo, take care of yourself and get better. Well done on the long fast! I’ve never tried the 16.8 thing myself, but sounds a good thing 🙂

Wolfiemo, welcome! Keep in touch, we’re a friendly group here 🙂

To everyone else, keep strong if your fasting, and have a great day! I’m praying work is quieter today, I was on my own yesterday, month end, billing and all sorts of stress going on. Today HAS to be better right? At least it meant a successful FD for me, as I didn’t have time to eat!

xx

Morning. I’m currently on hold to British Gas so on laptop one finger typing!!!
    Jean the bike thing sounds great.

I was going to pilates but there is no water here so been unable to shower etc and I’m a funny one about going out without having a shower – haha!

Apparently a plumber is coming in the afternoon.

So – I am going to go into the studio and paint.

It is a FD for me so need to keep busy.

On a personal note – the doctors was really positive. I ovulated and apparently my reading (hormone) was very impressive!!!

Unfortunately, this has not been discussed since I got home. I cant go into detail as I am a funny one about sharing certain things as I would feel disloyal to OH (though I desperately wish I did feel able to share) but we seem to have some communication issues at times and this is clearly one of those times. OH didn’t even ask how I got on. He is so strange at times. This communication issue is not relating to the issue of doctor or having children – just a general issue. I am extremely concerned and have no idea how to deal with it. I have brought it up before but clearly got nowhere.
    Sorry to be a mood hoover 🙁

Hi all
    Im back from my first camping trip, now back to work for 3 days and then back for part 2, which is on a camp site closer to home, but with same crowd, well probably more people this time. Hope the weather is better than last weekend…we had a real mixture of rain and sunshine!

The bad news is that my weight has gone out of control 🙁 🙁 🙁

I’ve been overeating on the snacks and alcohol but have not been as active as would be usually due to not being able to walk far with Ellie.
    My walking trousers don’t fit at the moment…they were snug before, but now they are out of bounds!
    Even my normal jeans are snug. Really annoyed with myself but I will get back on track and things will move when I’m doing it properly. In the mean time I will do some damage limitation over next 3 days. I’m fasting in the day and keeping within 500-800 cals within a 4 hour eating window. At least it will help!

Ellie is back at the vets today, having a lump removed. She has had a bladder scan and all is clear, so obviously just another infection. They have discovered a tooth which needs removing, so they will do that at same time.
    Poor thing will be probably groggy later but just waiting to hear back from them to see how its gone.

Havent had chance to read back over previous posts, so hope everyone is ok.

kay x

Audrey, Kay…and others – so glad I’m not the only one on here who likes a drink! I know I’d be thinner if I didn’t like my vino but not really prepared to give it up! Am managing to abstain on FDs but have to take care not to treat myself too much the rest of the time!

Not fasting today but trying to be good, so just had some fruit and yoghurt and salad so far…feeling a bit hungry but trying to be good

Hi all

Home safe n sound

Not eaten yet think the chip shop may be Ian’s choice tonight…

Back tomorrow

Audrey x

Just steaming a salmon steak and veg.

Have had a chat and cleared the air.

Hi All..

We are back..had a lovely day at the race track…the birthday girl going around the track well over a 100 miles an hour…she went around 3 x 15 mins..very nervous first…got going the second time…then really comfortable and fast to finish….her adrenaline at the end was running so high….strangely 30 mins later she was like a deflated balloon…..briefings at the beginning and inbetween the racing making it safe as different driving to on the road.

Had a lot of crap food as near the airport and couldn’t get any decent anywhere….too many coffees..

Kay…
    Lovely to have you back…lovely the few days away went well and another trip is planned…hope our Ellie is ok at the vets when you collect her later…

Rowena..
    Hope you have the hot water sorted …it’s hard to do without it…good news at the docs 😀.. hope you can get him talking…

DF..
    Hope your day has calmed down a bit…month ends are always a nightmare…get a vino and have a bath and relax…lol

Sally..
    Another vino girl..there’s a few of us…lol…although we have cut a lot out now but we have our moments..

Audrey..
    Chip shops always a good choice…lol..

Jean x

Morning all 🙂

Rowena, I’m glad you talked things through and cleared the air. Its difficult isn’t it x

Jean, glad you enjoyed yesterday! x

Audrey, did you have a chippy tea? I LOVE it when we do that x

Sally, I am definitely a vino girl too 🙂 Its my downfall!!! x

Kay, hope Ellie’s doing ok this morning *hugs to you* x

NFD for me, so can eat slightly more yayy! Tomorrow will be a text book FD (fingers crossed). Work has definitely calmed down now. Its so frustrating because its either quiet with very little to do, or mad busy and flying by the seat of your pants crazy! Not sure what’s worse really lol.

Its quiet here, hope everyone’s doing ok. HEMMY WHERE ARE YOU!!! I miss you!

xx

Got on the scales this morning and felt mildly encouraged. 3 weeks in, started at 10 st, went up to 10.1, now 9 st 12. It’s not exactly the loss I’d hoped for but at least it’s going in the right direction! 2 and a half weeks til my holiday and I think the muffin top is going to spill out of my bikini a little less prominently…!

How did Day One go Wolfie?

Morning. Sally my losses are like that. I imagine it’s because I’m not angel on NFD! !
    Going to tidy studio a touch as niece is coming for a few hours later and OH has moved some of his cr@p into there temporarily. Hmmm. We will be painting stones today.
    Got a well woman ‘Mot’ at docs tomorrow. Quite looking forward to it but also anxious. Has anyone had one? What do they do other than height and weight???

Morning All..

A not bad sort of day but rain is coming…

We are having a FD but just checked out what we are having…we are about 100 cals over but going for it as we are doing 4 fasts this week….again fasting tomorrow..

So bacon chops, egg and tomatoes for dinner..must keep busy…

Making my granola this morning, like it with my fruit but not every day…

Kay…
    Hope Ellie is more her self this morning after yesterday…I think we all are thinking about her..💕

DF…
    Middle of the week soon be Friday….I always liked Wednesday when working…hope things are better and calmer…

Rowena…
    Glad you cleared the air…hoping he’s singing off same hymn sheet..good luck at tomorrow’s MOT and today’s stone painting…😀

Sally..
    You are about right 1 lb a week…loose too much it always comes back on…and again you have not a lot to loose so it’s much harder…your holiday will be great…😎

Audrey..
    Hope the chippy was good…you know how much we like them 😬

Hemmy..
    Are you ok…missing you about on here or are you busy?

Minols…
    Hope your holiday is going great sailing the seas…

Carol, Lynne, Sarah, Joe, Jo, Milena, Tammy, Mrs O, Ellie …are you all ok?……pop back to us……and anyone I have missed……let’s keep the weight off….

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 13,251 through 13,300 (of 35,471 total)

You must be logged in to reply.