Fasting Today? (general support thread)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fasting Today? (general support thread)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JoChall87 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone!

I noticed that there wasn’t a general support thread for anyone on their fast days, and I thought it might be nice to get one going! This is one of the most active sub sections, so I’m posting here!

Good luck to anyone fasting today, as a returning newbie, this is my second fast day and previously, I would quit 5:2 after this (usually binge eating gloriously at midnight and then telling myself I just don’t have the willpower to fast) so I’m determined to get through it and carry on!I also gave up the last few times as I didn’t lose weight after my first week, but I’m not going to be discouraged after this week. It’s a lifestyle, not a quick fix (mantra!) 🙂

I’m saving my avocado and chicken salad for the evening, so I’m stocked up with water (and one cheeky coffee in the morning) and as its Sunday, I’m going to keep busy with housework and taking all of my stocked up recycling to the recycling centre.

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

I’ve decided to give today a go at a fasting day – technically this will be my 3rd this week. I just find that I don’t need to eat as much (or as often) when I am not at work…..I tend to graze there.

It wasn’t a conscious decision but hubby is out for a while and although I will be making him some bacon sandwiches when he gets in, I will not partake.

I am going to try and save up all of my allowance for tea which is a salad and leftover meat from a BBQ yesterday (although just flavoured chicken) so I will be stocking up on water and green tea and the occasional coffee.

Good luck to you Jo and anyone else

jen
    x

Good luck with your fasts day today…

I’ve only done one fast day so far but like you too I had chicken as my protein. How are you going to cook yours JoChall ? I tried steaming mine and I wasn’t impressed one bit. Think I will go back to grilling on my George Foreman

Well, you’re putting me to shame CeeCee as this time around, my chicken is pre-cooked from the supermarket :-+, I usually bake my chicken with some herbs and lemon, or I dry fry or fry with coconut oil if I’m issuing it for a stir fry or something. I have thought about a health grill, but I hate cleaning them and someone scared me by saying they can catch fire…!?

Good luck too Jen, it’s great when a day turns out to be a perfect fast day naturally, I think they end up being easier as they fit with what you’re doing. I’ve just started to get my first hunger pangs of the day, not bad as its only a few hours until my evening meal now. Do you get hunger pangs? I’m going to go for a walk to distract myself.

Left over bbq chicken sounds lovely! Yum.
    Jo X

Hi fellow fasters!

I am in my third week as of today, and am just coming out of my last fast – I have lost 2 1/2lbs this last 2 weeks, but I have struggled. When my fast days have been from when I get up, to when I go to bed, I was struggling to stick to it,and found the window between eating rarely went above 12 hours, which isn’t that great to get the health benefits of fasting (researching it says you need a window of at least 16 hours between eating to get the health benefits of fasting, not just fat loss) but after reading the new Beach fast diet and hearing the suggestion of switching up times, I am now doing much better. This last fast was from 9pm last night to 5pm today, so that’s 20 hours of no eating, but it doesn’t feel so bad because I can eat normally now from 5pm, rather than just 500kcals. I am going to slowly work my way up to fasting from 2pm to 2pm the next day so I finally achieve a full 24 hour non-eating fast, but still get to eat every day!

Good luck to anyone who is fasting today, I think my next fast will be from 2pm tomorrow and I’ll go for the big one!!

Jo X

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.