Fasting for my wedding!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fasting for my wedding!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mrchris 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I started the 5:2 last year and lasted for about six weeks, losing 9lbs. I am starting up today again as I am getting married in June! I aim to lose around a stone and half by that time. Does anyone have any hints or tips for starting up the 5:2 again? Or does anyone think this goal is realistic? I always used to get very cold on my fast days so I know to wear an extra layer on theses days!

Thanks

Hi Amy – well done on coming back to the 5:2. My advice is to just go with it, do your absolute best and don’t worry too much about the scales. Measure yourself instead and check weekly by trying on smaller sizes which can be so encouraging. Weighing too often can undo a lot of good because weight fluctuates on a daily basis. If you follow the 5:2 it will no doubt be the best thing you could possibly do to be a happy size for your wedding in June. I just wish I’d known about it before I was married in 2000. I can’t begin to tell you the pain and extremes I went to in order to fit into my wedding outfit. The 5:2 would have been SO much easier and it would have saved me so much angst. Good luck 🙂

Heather

hi Amy and welcome to the forums

I second everything Heather said, and what a great incentive you have there!!!

am sure you will reach your goal in time for your wedding, wishing you all the best and happy fasting 🙂

I have been on it for around 18 months and would say I’m very much in steady state now. Personally I didn’t notice much weight loss in the first 3 week (I wasn’t much over target to start), but weeks 4-8 were my big droppers. My tips:

1. combine it with exercise, 5:2 has the potential to take the 21lb target off that you want within the 4 months you have assuming that still leaves you at a healthy weight. But you need to exercise too otherwise you could end up looking a bit aged. Exercise is great at reducing hunger as well as the other benefits.

2. don’t stop. Once you hit target stay with it. 5:2 is hardest in the first 3-6 weeks. After about 3-6 months its just part of life.

3. increase hydration. A lot. most of the complaints about fasting are due to dehydration.

If you do say 3 – 30-45 minute hard cardio (e.g. spin cycling) with some HIT built in a week and stick to your 5:2 you should hit target providing you don’t compensate too much on your eat days. To hit target You are aiming to take about 4000cal a week off. 5:2 will probably only do about 2500 – 3000. Exercise is going to need to fill the gap.

Hi Sue, Angie and Heather. Thank you so much for your tips! I managed my first fast week not too bad. The scales say I’ve lost a pound but I think I will take your advice and not weigh every week. I am guilty of weighing myself everyday and letting that number dictate my mood for the rest of the day! How often do you recommend weighing? I have joined the gym so I intend to go at least three times a week (any more is a bonus).

What do you guys eat on your fast days?! I don’t eat until tea time when I usually have two slices of wholemeal toast and two scrambled eggs. I drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.

Thanks

A

Well done on getting through your first week and losing a pound! Keep us posted on your progress. 🙂

I save my calories until teatime too. Sometimes I have scrambled eggs like you said, sometimes I have a mealsoup with one slice of bread.

I’m guilty of weighing myself daily too, mostly because I’m a nurse and can’t resist the temptation to have a nice chart with daily entries! I don’t pay much attention to it though, just look at what the general trend is over time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.