Fasting days together??

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Im starting the 5:2 today and wondering if the fasting days should be together or separated?

Hi meganjh and welcome:

From the diet’s standpoint, it does not matter. However, most newbies find it easier to not do two in a row until they get comfortable with their diet days.

Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Research has shown (Mattson/Harvie) that fasting on two consecutive days burns fat and lowers insulin, but this has not been proven with two non-consecutive days. That said, so many have lost weight doing two non-consecutive days. Personally, this time around I’m doing back to back fasting. Find what works for you!

Anyone fasting today? My fast day, good luck to all

Hello, I am an old newbie! I thought (according to Mr Mosley) that it was important to have a break between the fast days? I started on Monday and Tuesday had no appetite at all. I could have easily done a second fast day.

I used to do two consecutive days. I don’t really think it makes much difference. Do a routine that is easy for you. Find what works and stick to it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.