Fast diet vs Other diets

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fast diet vs Other diets

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  timmothysmith01 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Just a random question. On other diets you don’t eat carbs and sugar. Yet you eat low calories on a daily basis. So you losing weight by eating less calories as well as not eating sugars and carbs. However on fast diet you can eat anything on feed days. Wouldn’t the carbs and sugars cause you to gain fat regardless of whether its below your TDEE? Hypothetically say I eat carbs and sugars daily and stay below my TDEE and do my fast days as suggested in the book, will I lose weight?

Hi lui789,

I can’t predict what will happen for you, but I don’t believe that I can “eat anything” on non-fast days. I cut out almost all high-glycemic carbs in general, and I believe that both doing so and practicing 5:2 are important factors in my weight loss.

Experiment, and see what happens. Good luck!

Mimi talks specifically in the book about 5:2 educating you to make more healthy food choices. But that’s no reason not to eat some carbs and sugars – say wholemeal bread and fruit rather than a tub of biscuits. Which is not to say you shouldn’t have a biscuit or piece of cake from time to time. Just not the whole cake. And not 5 times a week.

You can eat “normally” on non-fast days, not “anything”. Therefore I try not to go overboard on non-fast days, but I do eat some things (found this assortment of French cheese at Costco) that I probably shouldn’t. It seems to work for me. I’ve lost a lot of weight and I’ve gone out to restaurants and otherwise indulged, but in moderation. I always tried to eat in moderation, but now with fasting, I’m losing weight and getting healthier.

I suppose it’s all down to cutting calories, as I’m consuming approximately 3000 less a week on the woman’s version, which is a lot when you really think about it. Saying that I do watch what I’m eating on non fast days as it would be all too easy to gorge and ruin everything. My IBS and acid reflux have improved greatly now I’m not stuffing my face every day!

Diets with periods of dietary restriction are referred to as intermittent fasting (IF). People who follow the method intentionally alternate these “fasting” intervals with “feasting” moments during which they may eat everything they want. To improve health, lengthen life, or decrease weight, people who practice intermittent fasting limit or completely forgo food consumption at specific times of the day, week, or month. Intermittent fasting is also used for religious or spiritual purposes by certain people.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.