Fast days are good days

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I read this forum for a good couple of weeks before I started on my own 5/2 diet, and several people mentioned that they found themselves looking forward to their fast days…I did think that was a bit perverse, but hey presto, I am on fast day three and I have been looking forward to it for last couple days!!!

I think partly that is because I have enjoyed the challenge….ie it really hasn’t been that hard! – and also I just know I can stick to it and it will work.

My fast days have been simple to organise..weetabix and skimmed milk for breakfast at around 8am, coffee and water all day, and evening meal of less than 400 calories at around 8pm (I work 12 hour shifts). Tonight’s dinner is just omlette and baked beans,, which comes in just under 400 calories.

I am actually finding it plenty enough to eat, which is remarkable because I have piled on the pounds …or rather stones..through snacking and large portions!

So if you are thinking of doing this diet, I’d just say give it a go…it really isn’t depriving yourself in anything like the way you do on other diets that I have tried…and I feel great!

well done Nlwtasha!!

I find 2 fasts a week tough at times, but 3! wow, you go girl 🙂

let us know how you get on! continued happy fasting 🙂

@nlwtasha I too look forward to my fast days. I actually prefer them to non fast days as I don’t have to think about food (probably laziness) I am doing 4:3 at the moment as I feel I need a shove to really get going again. I also seem to have inadvertently ended up doing 16:8 on my non fast days too as I don’t eat breakfast and don’t eat after 8pm.

I think it shows that previously I was eating for eating’s sake as I don’t feel hungry or deprived.

5:2 certainly makes you stand back and look at your old habits……and wonder why you did that 😀

It does make you look at your old habits, I agree. The embrace your hunger thing works too, yes we all get hunger pangs, but they pass really quickly…I find water and coffee work great…and then you are not hungry…before I would have reached for a biscuit or packet of crisps and graising like that is what piled the pound so for me

Well done nlwtasha! Keep up the good work and you will see that your pounds will go down.

I have been on this new way of life since the 6th of November and I have done a combination of methods. 5:2, 4:3, ADF, calorie counting – all depending on my week. What I have learned though is that it really pays off to watch what you are eating.

At the beginning I regularly indulged on ice cream and other sweet things albeit staying within my TDE. What made the biggest difference for me was that I changed my eating habits completely. I am really paying attention to what I am eating on a daily basis, trying to get as many “good” calories into my body as possible, which means a lot off veggies, protein rich food and as little sugar as possible.

The last two weeks I have been in Europe and I could not follow the 5:2 diet, but I paid attention to what I ate. I have not gained a single pound which really surprised me.

I have overall lost slightly over 6 kg and I feel much better which has a lot to do with following a good diet.

Stef.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.