Fast 800 after 12 weeks

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I have just finished 12 weeks on the fast 800. I started out with a goal of trying to lose just over 41 kilograms and I wanted to drop as much as I could in the 12 week fast 800 before switching to intermittent fasting. Over the 12 weeks I managed to drop just over 21 kilograms, leaving me 20 kilos from my goal. I know the book says you can stay on the fast 800 for UP TO 12 weeks. But I’ve had such good results on it, and I feel so good on it, I don’t really get hungry or bored on the 800 calorie days. Is there any reason why I can’t stay on it another couple of months to try and break the back of my goal? Or is it not good to stay on the 800 calories for too long?

It might be that your metabolism will adjust to having lower calories & then when you start to eat more again you’ll put weight back on.

Hi and well done on your success so far.

Our metabolic rate is that at which our body uses energy so if we are eating less than we need our fat cells are utilised. It is normal for it to slow down as we lose weight as a lighter body uses less energy.

Many people have followed 1000 calories per day diets for much longer period of time and kept the weight off afterwards.
    The important thing is eating a balanced diet to ensure you get all the nutrients your body needs.
    When you change to 5:2 you’ll need to take care not to fall back onto bad habits or overeat on non FDs.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.