Fab Fasters in February

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fab Fasters in February

This topic contains 422 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  singhudit61 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 436 total)

• Hi, I’m a newbie here. I’ve never liked the idea of dieting, but tried 5:2 a few years back & it seemed to fit in as a way of life, rather than a diet. A sustainable eating plan.

Pounds have been creeping on for the last few years, but since lockdown last March, the weight has been difficult to shift.

I would like to list 10kg. Realistic goal of 6kg would be amazing.

No weight loss in Week 1 of 5:2 (500cal) 😭

Day 5 – Ireland – NFD

Hi everybody!

I’m back again after a long break and hope you are all keeping well… I’ve lurked a little over the past few months but have not posted since August when my darling dad passed away. 💕

We lost two of dads siblings and his brother in law also so it was a tough year for our family. None down to COVID 🦠 though… they were all a great age.

Life has been busy since then and between us all we look after mum who has Alzheimer’s and does not always realise why Dad is not at home with her 💕.

I am excited to get back to normal, or as normal as life can be in these strange times.
    It’s really lovely to see so familiar names and so many new people 👍

I’ve been doing well in terms of weight maintenance and keeping fit but I am looking forward to getting back to the structure of standard 5:2 and catching up with you all👍
    My first FD will be next week👍

Good luck to all the fasters today 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 5, London, UK, FD

I’m feeling very positive this morning as yesterdays’ NFD was a super-satiating & respectable <1000cals, I didn’t eat everything I had planned, But OMAD keto meant I ate a huge meal at 5pm and didn’t hear any dragon roaring at all for the evening. If I can nail a FD500 I’ll definitely be a Fab Faster!!

🎆💐 Happy Birthday @missybear, 💐🎈 🎇. If you’re planning to imbibe 🍾🥂, just remember ………………………………………. “Drink wine, it isn’t good to keep things bottled up!!”

@basyjames I too have that ‘Doh!!’ moment when I think of the ‘6 small meal’ cr*p people were (& still are!) touting to the desperate!!!!

Welcome to the challenge @carley-marie & @angelshe 🙌, you’re in the right place for advice, support or general ranting!!! Have a read of the OP by our host this month @basyjames 💕, although Day 1 for you we’re all on the same challenge day (latecomers included 😀) so it’ll be Day 5 for you too. Good luck!!!

Welcome back @jaifaim!!! So sorry to hear about your losses😢 over the last year, it’s never easy, and it never should be, they weren’t lying when they said ‘Love hurts’🙏!!! How’s the cycling in lockdown? I guess you & @daffodil2010 are under the same restrictions, here, I think this lockdown has been a bit wishy-washy, I’ve never seen so many cars on the road😤!!!

I’m hoping my large keto spread yesterday sustains me until late afternoon for today’s FD soup. I’m keeping everything crossed!!!

Stay strong everyone & keep the faith!!!

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France

Day 5 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Weekly weigh in this morning and a good solid 2 FD’s this week, I’m back down to 206 lbs which is very pleasing. I’d set myself a maintenance weight of 207 lbs for the time being to see how I was going to settle down and that seemed a reasonable target. I had dropped to about 195 lbs back in early December but that was due to the chemo/radiotherapy and was far too much and far too quick, medics were desperate for me to put weight ON … that’s a first, for years they were always badgering me to lose it!

Really looking forward to this weekend …. Six Nations Rugby is back … organised a Takeaway for this evening, first one in over a year from our rather nice Indian Restaurant in the next town.
    Then tomorrow, Italy vs France followed by England vs Scotland, Sunday Wales vs Ireland. Beer will be involved (I’ve practiced recently with a bottle or two and throat seems to have finally healed) luckily Mrs I-H-L enjoys watching the games as well! Think this year France could be the dark horse, they were very much improved over the last couple of Internationals!

@angelshe – welcome to the forum and particularly the Monthly challenge, I only started in July 2019 and have never looked back, it might be slow, but it really does work. You’ll find the gang on these challenges are a great bunch, very helpful and supportive.

@jaifaim – Welcome back, sorry to hear about family having such a bad year as you say at least they were a great age! Good luck with ‘normal’ … I’ve been trying to get there for years 😉

Take care all

Day 5 UK NFD

Welcome back @jaifaim – this is spooky I had a very restless nights sleep all sorts of weird dreams – and one about you and @annabelle ? , @funshipfreddie & @snowflake56 – wonder if anyone else will turn up Sorry to hear your news💕looking forward to catching up

@i-hate-lettuce I’ll be doing my 6nations fantasy team this afternoon , agree with you re France Their last game was very entertaining

Determined to have a controlled weekend 💪I need to make February count

Day 5 – UK – TDEE

Woke up early this morning but I think my brain knew I wanted to watch the 🏏 Eng v India in India on Channel 4 – cricket has not been live on the television since 2005!!! and we have 🏉 Six Nations starting tomorrow @i-hate-lettuce so a good weekend ahead!

0930 Yoga class practicing a few balancing poses to help focus, and become present in the moment – so starting my day on a positive mindset 🙏

Managed a good OMAD FD500 yesterday, coming in just over 400: and I am very pleased that I did not give in to that little 😈 on my shoulder tempting me…….
    Got on the scales this morning and could not believe how kind “Cruella” was = 57.1kg that’s a drop of 1kg since the beginning of February………I know that this is post FD so will it last into next week???

@basyjames – The start of this challenge has been very controlled so far – TDEE(around 1500cals)on NFDs and under 500cals for the FDs – Now to continue with a controlled weekend staying within TDEE – no alcohol should reduce temptations…….🤞
    @missybear – wishing you a fabulous birthday 🎁🎂🥂💐
    @songbirdme – hope you are all OK with those snowstorms?
    @michelinme – great news that you got your first vaccine
    @carley.marie and @angelshe – welcome on board – lots of support and motivation from folks from all over the world. I have added you to the spreadsheet in case you want to use for motivation – link supplied below
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FE6VBTo6u7croqXyfhqFTB6dAF8U_k19A7ouw0Cbz30/edit?usp=sharing
    @northgeorgia – looks like you are firmly into the 220s – don’t let work stress get to you 🤗
    @jaifaim – great to have you back with us – a lot has been happening to you and your family – sending you a big virtual 🤗 How wonderful that you are remaining in the land of maintenance 👏
    @i-hate-lettuce – good to hear that you are doing as the medics wish in your recovery – looking forward to the 🏉 too
    @flourbaby – I hope you have some company on your Day 5 FD x
    @brightonbelle – I’ll be joining you in a controlled weekend – we can do this!!

We now have 28 Fab Fasters in our February Challenge – great to have all of you on board!

Pocket List Day 4
    @flourbaby

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco. Dry February
    @at – (Dry Feb except for 14th and 26th!)
    @northerndawn

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (today 60mins Yoga)

Anyone out there struggling – stay strong and positive – you will get there!!! We all have different paths to the end goal………..
    “YOU CANNOT CHANGE YESTERDAY BUT YOU CAN CHANGE TODAY AND TOMORROW!”

Day 5 -Canada- FD

I love getting up in the morning to see all these lovely messages waiting. Such a great way to start the day. Today I’ll be doing a FD and will try to get outside for a walk.

@at – Someday I hope to be attending fitness classes as the gyms become safer. I had started to play pickleball last year and it was a lot of fun.

@betsylee – I also have a bossy boots ginger tabby, he’s just a kitten, his name is Cheddar (a name I borrowed from a tv show) and he’s the perfect trip hazard (harkening back I think to IHL’s dog?)

@stitchincarol – wonderful sentiment ´hard is not impossible ´ Definitely a keeper!

Happy Friday all. DWV

2nd post Day 5
    @dvw – all my exercise classes have been via zoom with my regular teachers from pre first lockdown since mid March 2020 – I find it motivates me to see others on a screen and I go hiking on my own or sometimes with one friend and we keep our social distance as much as we can – I do miss the social interactions of live classes – might worth giving it a try? Stay safe 🤗

Day 5 – USA/GA – NFD

Well, hello 230 monster *raspberry!!!!* Oh well, at least today’s weigh-in was dead on 230.0. I snacked a little too much on beef jerky at work and quickly became super thirsty the rest of the evening, so hoping a lot of this is water weight. Got to try and behave the rest of the weekend so that I don’t do the mindless snacking or eating past feeling full. I must say things like, “Self, do I want to polish off all those leftovers in the refrigerator although I’m not hungry, or do I want to lose a couple of more pounds next week?” Just need to practice mindful eating: not eating when not hungry, freezing leftovers, watching portions and snacking, and I think importantly, indulge the cravings (one hot chocolate < bag of chips, handful of nuts, cookies, and some ice cream).

Happy Friday!

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Happy Friday. I have the day off and have just sat around relaxing all morning, so not like me, usually I am busy busy busy.

Going to my social bubble friend for dinner tonight, then tomorrow we have a Zoom awards ceremony to attend (normally we would be heading off to a hotel for the gala event but obviously not this year), and I might just sneak off to my stepdaughter on Sunday to get my hair cut, it’s past my waist at this stage. Breaking restrictions I know, but hopefully all will be well.

Welcome back @jaifaim, I often wondered about you, so sorry to hear about your Dad but glad you are keeping well. I haven’t seen my Dad since Christmas Eve, I really want to see him, we might bring him up to ours next weekend as he is lonely

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Yesterday’s FD wasn’t particularly successful since I ate that sandwich at noon. I did, however, show remarkable restraint last night, and didn’t eat /too/ much, so I’m feeling a little halo polishing is in order, despite the lack of a textbook FD.

What have I learned after doing 5:2. Everything everyone else has said. I can get through hunger better than I realized. My mind is more powerful than I ever realized. I really like the feeling of being empty. It’s the best “diet” in the world! And, something I say to friends when I explain 5:2 to them is that it’s the only diet mentioned in the Bible–think of all the times fasting is mentioned there! 😂

@carlie.marie Welcome to our group and good luck with your goal! I’m laughing at the idea of 3-4 kilos this month; only in my dreams and back when I was much younger was that a possibility, so I’m concluding you’re much younger than my 62 years! Oh, to have 3-4 kilos in one month be a reality! 🥳

@northgeorgia Either you’re a miracle worker, or doing the work of four people is impossible. OR, they’re really bad at they’re job and you’re showing how good you are that you can actually do the work of four full-time people! My head is reeling at the idea!

@angelshe Welcome to our group! Hang in there; with consistent fasting, you’ll achieve your goals!

Aww, @jaifaim, welcome back, and my heart aches for all your losses and your mom not being the mom you know. Alzheimer’s is a wicked awful disease. Hugs to you, and I’m so glad you’re back with us! Also, I’m truly impressed that with all that loss, and with the holiday season in there, you managed to maintain your weight; well done!

@missybear Happy, happy birthday!

@daffodil2010 I love the thought of your hair past your waist! Mine is a dark brunette, just barely to my shoulders, but was almost waist-length until I was 41, and I still miss it a bit!

I’m cleaning out a closet in my sewing room. I bought a huge wire shelving unit that had to be assembled IN the closet–now THAT was a challenge, LOL–and am slowly getting stuff back in there. Hopefully it’ll make keeping my sewing room tidy a much more attainable goal, although simply finishing the many half-done projects would be a more effective solution! @flourbaby, did you ever get your big organizing project finished?

Have a grand day, everyone, and may loads and loads of will-power be front and present in all our choices today!

USA. Day 5. FD800

So far so good! Putting myself on the pocket list.

Pocket List Day 5
    @flourbaby@ccco FD800

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco. Dry February
    @northerndawn

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (today 60mins Yoga)

Welcome back jaifaim! So sorry to hear about your Dad.

Keep on keeping on, everyone! Off to the grocery store.

Day 5 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD

On track to have an honest NFD, rather than Epic face stuffing.

Pocket List Day 5
    @flourbaby@ccco FD800

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco. Dry February
    @northerndawn

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (today 60mins Yoga)
    @suki2 (45min walk + 60mins Yoga)

Day 5 US/DC NFD
    woo hoo – I got my first dose of the vaccine this morning. I could not be happier. Feel like an entire parking garage has been lifted from my shoulders. Hey, does that count as lost weight? Seriously I am just so happy about that I am not even hopping on the scale today. But I have been so anxious lately my guess is my metabolism has been cranking away.
    Happy weekend all. I will be back to FDs and weigh-ins next week.

Day 5 North Canton OH OMAD

I got me second vaccine today and instantly experienced some nausea, frontal headache and light headedness. I am very relieved though that I have received my vaccines. I am practicing some self care and will respond to posts a little later. I skimmed through really quickly and want to extend a warm welcome to @angelshe and a warm welcome-back to @jaifam – great to see you back and so sorry about your loss. Hugs!

Thought of the day:
    ” I didn’t fail the test. I just found a 100 ways to do it wrong” Ben Franklin

USA. Day 5. FD800

Congratulations Nellen and Basyjames for being able to scored yourselves the vaccine. I have been registered on 7 sites for two weeks but haven’t heard a word. It does create anxiety because I am in my 70s but there is nothing I can do. I try to self-soothe myself by telling myself that maybe I will wind up with a better vaccine (probably not) or that people who need it more like essential workers are getting it. I bought myself the KN95 Face mask and am double masking to be safe but I am pretty secluded here. I am pretty safe but will feel better with the vaccine. I am sure my day will come.

I had a successful FD but am having trouble getting the percentages of fat and protein right. They keep coming out the same. Carbs is easier to deal with. I have added extra oil by using butter and olive oil but it still comes out the same. I have lost 2 lbs this week, so I am happy with that. Now I have to make sure I don’t regain it and just move forward.

I have everyone did well today! Have a great evening/night and see you tomorrow!

Day 5 Minnesota, US FD800

I had a good FD under 600 yesterday and woke up without any desire to eat. I decided to stay at 800 or less today, DTS (Saturday or Sunday). Ate eggs at 2:30 pm and will have a baked/shredded chicken breast at 5:30ish (making my DH Thai red curry chicken) and possibly put some salsa on mine for lower calories.

@jaifaim – Welcome back! I’ve wondered about you as well. I’m very sorry to hear about your losses and challenges this past year. Hugs to you.

@angelshe – Welcome! You will benefit from all of the wonderful knowledgeable and supportive people on this forum. Glad you are here!

@carley-marie – Welcome back to the 5:2 WOL! I noticed you were on the forums years ago, but I don’t think you were on the challenges…..I was on the first in 2016, and off and on since. I find them really helpful to get myself back on track and focused when I’ve strayed off the true path!

@basyjames – So glad you got your second shot. Take it easy tomorrow! and I agree with everyone about 5:2 changing my mindset about fasting. It is a healthy thing, not a dangerous thing, especially the way it is done here. I’ve learned I can go quite a while without food without any problems, physically.

@nellen and @michelinme – Very glad for you that you got the vaccine already! I hope you have minimal side effects. And feel less stress about getting Covid.

@missybear – Happy Birthday!

@snowflake56 – I think of you frequently, and hope you are doing fine.

@songbirdme – I’m wondering what your expected temps will be over the next several days? Did you get dug out of all your snow? My son had to travel to Rutland today, and texted me that it’s not too bad there, as far as the roads go.

I am off to find my suet cake recipe to make for our birds. Last Spring we bought half of a half of beef, and asked the butcher to save the suet for us. I believe he gave us everyone else’s share as well as our own. I plan to render it down, add seeds and such, and form into cakes to hang from the trees.

We are expecting 9 days of bitterly cold weather, and can hardly keep our feeders filled now, when it’s 10F (-12.2 C). The many deer that visit in the evenings and steal the seed from the feeders aren’t helping matters! I’ll be chopping up some fruit and greens for them. Sunday morning is expected to be -17 F (-27.2 C) and then, with a brisk wind, it is expected to be possibly -45 F to -50F (-45.5 C). All of the next week, the mornings will be well below 0 F(-18 C). Needless to say, I will be doing indoor exercises.
    I feel so bad for the animals when we get a cold spell like this. We keep open water, heated, and that helps them quite a bit. I’m glad I haven’t seen any stray cats around lately. I’m hoping they have found their way into someone’s warm home!

Off to start the suet processing.

Stay determined and have a lovely, mindful weekend!

Day 5 Minnesota, US FD800 (Apologies if another post shows up…This is a copy of one that disappeared into the abyss)

I had a good FD under 600 yesterday and woke up without any desire to eat. I decided to stay at 800 or less today, DTS (Saturday or Sunday). Ate eggs at 2:30 pm and will have a baked/shredded chicken breast at 5:30ish (making my DH Thai red curry chicken) and possibly put some salsa on mine for lower calories.

@jaifaim – Welcome back! I’ve wondered about you as well. I’m very sorry to hear about your losses and challenges this past year. Hugs to you.

@angelshe – Welcome! You will benefit from all of the wonderful knowledgeable and supportive people on this forum. Glad you are here!

@carley-marie – Welcome back to the 5:2 WOL! I noticed you were on the forums years ago, but I don’t think you were on the challenges…..I was on the first in 2016 and off and on since. I find them really helpful to get myself back on track and focused when I’ve strayed off the true path!

@basyjames – So glad you got your second shot. Take it easy tomorrow! and I agree with everyone about 5:2 changing my mindset about fasting. It is a healthy thing, not a dangerous thing, especially the way it is done here. I’ve learned I can go quite a while without food without any problems, physically.

@nellen and @michelinme – Very glad for you that you got the vaccine already! I hope you have minimal side effects. And feel less stress about getting Covid.

@missybear – Happy Birthday!

@snowflake56 – I think of you frequently, and hope you are doing fine.

@songbirdme – I’m wondering what your expected temps will be over the next several days? Did you get dug out of all your snow? My son had to travel to Rutland today, and texted me that it’s not too bad there, as far as the roads go.

I am off to find my suet cake recipe to make for our birds. Last Spring we bought half of a half of beef, and asked the butcher to save the suet for us. I believe he gave us everyone else’s share as well as our own. I plan to render it down, add seeds and such, and form into cakes to hang from the trees.

We are expecting 9 days of bitterly cold weather, and can hardly keep our feeders filled now, when it’s 10F (-12.2 C). The many deer that visit in the evenings and steal the seed from the feeders aren’t helping matters! I’ll be chopping up some fruit and greens for them. Sunday morning is expected to be -17 F (-27.2 C) and then, with a brisk wind, it is expected to be possibly -45 F to -50F (-45.5 C). All of the next week, the mornings will be well below 0 F(-18 C). Needless to say, I will be doing indoor exercises.
    I feel so bad for the animals when we get a cold spell like this. We keep open water, heated, and that helps them quite a bit. I’m glad I haven’t seen any stray cats around lately. I’m hoping they have found their way into someone’s warm home!

Off to start the suet processing.

Stay determined and have a lovely, mindful weekend!

Day 5 UK CD

Yesterday was a solid CD but I’ll take it. My weekly weigh day shows no weight loss but 0.5″ shrinkage in the waist department and a massize -2″ from my ever-expanding stomach.

For a first week back on meds I’m pretty chuffed with this. I’ve not gone up, have lost 6lbs and a whole inch from my fat suit since the beginning of the year and am fitting more comfortably into my clothes. It’s all progress!

i had my first dose of the Oxford / AZ vaccine today. After 10 months’ shielding, 11 months of longcovid and continuing cardiac symptoms I’m Absolutely Delighted! Quite a strong immune response already with instant headache and slight fever – off to bed and v quiet weekend ahead.

@jaifaim i’m so glad to see you here again. So sorry for the loss of your Dad and family xx
    @carly_marie @angelshe welcome to the february challenge. This is a great group of supportive & encouraging people from all over the world. Make yourselves at home 🙂
    @at wow that’s a wonderfully strong start to the month! Well done 🙂
    @basyjames – hope you feel better v soon
    @nellen great news
    @daffodil2010 sounds like a lovely day off
    @missybear happy birthday 🙂

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

Did a very small lunch and Greek dinner (gyro sandwich on pita with Greek salad). Feeling quite full, but opened up a Riesling that was a disappointing Yellow Tail. Why did I buy that bottle anyway?

@northerndawn – our temps have dropped with horrendous windchills, more of the same on the way for several days. I think I saw -20 windchill, -5 actual last night.

@at – only got about 4-5″ of new snow, very wet, but very strong winds have blown the snow badly for driving. We are just 10 miles into Illinois from Wisconsin, so plenty cold.

@michelinme – so happy for you to have gotten the vaccine. DH and I are waiting. Our county isn’t getting many doses. He will be 74 on Tuesday and I am 72, so we are priority of sorts.

@basyjames – hope you’re feeling chipper soon.

@carley-marie and @angelshe – this is a wonderful group. Welcome. The only way to make a challenge work is to read daily and post about as much!

Onward and downward.

Day 6 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

What an excellent day yesterday!

A proper MOAM walk, in the morning over 10k steps at pace, mind you I new I’d done it, but felt good. Busy round house in afternoon, then a rather nice Indian meal from restaurant in town (worth nipping through to collect) a couple of beers and a film. Simple pleasures, the ‘Inner Warthog’ has definitely gone AWOL though, despite no breakfast and light lunch, I had to leave some of the naan bread, was full!

Nice to hear the C19 vaccine is getting out to people, keep positive and test negative folks.

@daffodil2010 – Hair past your waist? Half of mine went way past my waist a few years ago, but it was on the floor, vacuumed up and has never been seen again 😉

It’s quiet calm weather here so a short walk this morning, then afternoon with 6 Nations Rugby games on TV, hope the games are good and if you’re a follower, your favourite team do well.

Take care all

DAY 6 – UK – TDEE

Managed to come in below TDEE yesterday and trying for the same again today – talking of curries on a Friday night @i-hate-lettuce I tried a new recipe yesterday from “Great British Chefs website” – Achari tamarind fish curry by Sumayya Usmani – well worth the effort 😋 OH and I loved it so it’s gone into the recipe box to be repeated again.

Expecting showers here so might go out for a low level wander this morning before the Rugby this afternoon.

Can’t wait for my turn to get the vaccine but over here I might not get mine until April/May so trying to stay safe as much as possible!

Hope everyone has a fab weekend!

“Rule One is never quit. Rule Two is refer to Rule One. Cake happens, but as long as you remember those rules, you’ll be OK.”

Day 6 OMAD London

@ Northerndawn and @songbirdme – what low temperatures. I’ve never been anywhere even remotely that cold. How do you manage? I think we are due some light snow tomorrow, and maybe minus 1 degree. Thinking of you, with sympathy. No sign of our vaccine yet here, but we are in our mid sixties so it shouldn’t be too long. Stay safe all.

DAY 6 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody.

@at – it sounds like you’ve got a good zoom class. I walk with Leslie Sansome when the weather’s bad but perhaps I’ll look around for others. Thanks for the heads up. I love the camaraderie and support you get from fitness classes. 🙂

Wonderful to hear people getting the vaccine.

The scale is starting to move in the right direction I’m happy to say. Now I’m back to where I was at the end of January 🙂 Darn scales.

Stay strong everybody. DLV

Day 6, London, UK, NFD

Morning all, quick check-in from me, I’m off to look at a kitchen for my renovations. I’m thinking cheap but good looking as it’s basically for selling!! Any recommendations??? I’m heading for Wickes where I bought my first kitchen 22 years ago, off the shelf and still in relatively good condition; just dated!

Anyway, it’ll keep me out of the kitchen. I’ll take my mum out for a drive later, before the snow hits!

Take care all, I’ll catch up on posts later!!

Day 6 UK CD

Managed Mon -Fri as FD and OMAD and scales show a drop of 2.2 Kg from Monday so just under 5 lb. I know a lot of that is water but I’ll take it! My usual great “start month motivation ” is still high and plan to have a very controlled weekend.
    Great to hear so many have had a vaccine. I’m due my second later this month having had it pushed back from a 6 week interval to 10 weeks. I see there’s now evidence at that this interval the vaccine remains effective.
    Welcome back @jaifaim and condolences on your sad losses. I too have been “missing in action” from the forum for a while but know it’s the only way I stay the course and not only lose weight but don’t put it back on!!

Day 6 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD

Slightly over yesterday but not way out. Continuing with mindful weekend eating.

Cold and foggy here so will take the dog out later. Great yoga class this morning.

Have a great Saturday all.

Day 6 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 230.4. Going to try for ZBC today, and may take photos every time I eat today because my body wants to slump into a cold winter feast all day long it seems, and I have to prove that yes, food is sometimes going into the tummy mindlessly. I’m good on FDs, and pretty good about waiting for meal times, but if I don’t have a set meal prepared, I am more prone to overeat. A little something here plus a little something there, and a little something later, and go back again… Well, it just all adds up and can be a lot of empty calories that just leave me craving more.

So, I need to work on my NFDs. I put some chicken in marinade last night in the refrigerator and I’ll bake it today so there can be something healthy for all week. I have some left overs, but they are both roasts with vegetables, so not too worried about balancing those meals out. I’m also going to try to make mental pictures of things that are hard for me to assign a calorie load to. With my meals, I’ll sometimes have a small glass of soda, and maybe get a half a glass refill. I’ve taken a measuring cup and estimated the volume, then calculated the calories out. I’m basically eating a glazed doughnut with my meal. That’s practically half my calories of a FD! Nothing wrong with a doughnut or a soda, but what if I have three or four times that amount of soft drink in a day (easy to do)? Wow, I’m getting close to eating half a dozen doughnuts and have gotten half my TDEE through gulping. I think it’s little habits like these that might be part of my problem.

Then there’s my frugality — I need to eat the leftovers before they go bad. I’m getting better at refraining from this habit, but I’ll confess. It goes like this: you have something that you plan on eating tonight. It won’t freeze well, so you know it has to be eaten soon. But outside forces change all that. A family member has invited you to supper, or there was a lot of food at work, or someone asked you to pick up something for dinner and you get yourself something at the same time because of a special deal. So, the leftovers keep waiting as long as they can, but at some point, you have to eat them! Last night, I enjoyed a meal at my parents and then came home and indulged in some left overs, which led to five more cravings, though I wasn’t hungry. Naughty! On FDs, it’s understood I’ll accept anything for “tomorrow” (yes, this is where some of the leftovers are coming from), but on NFDs, I sometimes pretend the rules of nature no longer exist LOL

So, I want to work on using my FD habits on NFDs. If I have planned a meal already, just save some of the food for tomorrow’s meal. If leftovers are becoming a problem, see if other people want them, or freeze what is possible. And when done eating and feeling satisfied, brush my teeth. There’s something psychological about that and the minty sensation in the mouth that tells my body that feeding time is over. I’m going to try some of these things this weekend and see how it goes.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Day 6 USA/DC FD
    hello to all. I am thankfully staying within range in my maintenance attempts. How can this possibly be harder for me that 5:2. Be that as it may, today is a FD. I think that will help.
    Ever grateful for the vaccine yesterday, but am a bit woozy, so will take it easy today.
    So happy to be a part of this group.
    Happy weekend to all

Day 6 USA (Illinois) NFD

Maintenance going well. ZBC today with light lunch and supper planned.

Off shortly to be a judge for home-school student science projects. They are 11-14 year olds. A friend from church corralled me into doing these a few years ago, not because of my expertise in science (although my late father taught chemistry & physics) but because I am a retired middle-school teacher. And I have judged music students for decades, so I am quite understanding. A good quality I suppose!

Onward and downward.

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

It’s snowing outside, and the temperature is a brisk 7/-14…brr!! Plenty bitter, but not as cold as @northern Dawn, who lives 300 or more miles north of us (that’s assuming you’re somewhere close to Minneapolis, @northerndawn, which I clearly don’t actually know). We’re supposed to get 2-4 inches today, and more tomorrow morning. This is the hardest winter we’ve had since 2009, when Christmas was cancelled!

My NFD yesterday wasn’t quite an Epic Face Stuffing day, but it wasn’t controlled in the least. I’ve been thinking a lot about what my eating habits were back in my 30s when I managed to weigh 20 pounds less than I do now, even with having three babies in those years. I’ve been surprised to realize that I /always/ was being careful about what I ate, that I /always/ felt as if I were dieting on some level. No wonder I gained so much weight, because I’ve lost that mindset. Well, no, I’m just not successful at following that mindset, LOL! So that’s my new goal, is to recapture the peace I had then with always being careful about what I eat.

@michelinme Very impressive loss in inches!!!

@i-hate-lettuce How lovely yesterday must have been to feel your normal self again!

@mia139 Wow, but that’s an impressive start to the month, mostly water or not!

@northgeorgia Great thoughts and analysis of your situation, which is where I often find myself. I’d forgotten the trick of brushing my teeth; I think I’ll set an alarm on my phone to go off every night so I’m reminded to do so until it becomes a habit.

@songbirdme Have fun judging!

I’m still tidying from cleaning out that closet, but I’m making progress and am thrilled with how much better my sewing room is, and how useful that closet now is. Wanna know how bad that closet WAS? I’d throw in a bag of something (yarn I’m not ready to knit, the many fabrics I’ve bought to make baby quilts, etc.) and then slam the closet door shut before the bag of stuff was able to fall out. Seriously. It was piled about three feet high. Now that all the stuff that’s not sewing room stuff is out of there, and the shelves are in there, it almost looks tidy in there, LOL! Today is the day I’ll finish the project and my living room will be restored to tidy peace!

Good luck with meeting your goals for today: It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible!

second post

@songbirdme – that is so charming you are judging and have the patience and kindness to do so. good for you. lucky kids.

@stitchincarol – you and I sound so much alike. just don’t forget to enjoy what you are eating while you are eating. I sometimes get so caught up in the “am I eating too much” that I completely miss out on enjoying the food. That is a lose – lose proposition in my humble opinion.

enjoy the weekend and the snow everyone. looks like winter has decided to make an appearance.

USA. Day 6 FD800

I usually post a little late, since I like to read all the posts first. Looks like a number of us are expecting a bit of bad weather. Finally, a lot of last week’s snow has melted and it is 46 degrees Fahrenheit here. The problem here is that tonight the temperature will drastically fall and it will snow through the night and all day tomorrow! We are expecting 7 inches of snow! I can’t wait for Spring.

I also saw a number of us have managed to get the vaccine. I have been on 7 lists for two weeks. Today, I received an email from one of those lists (sites) asking me to be patient. They received 91,000 requests for the vaccine in the last two weeks but don’t have enough for everyone at this time. This is true for all my sites. They ask for patience and they will contact me when they get more. This is the first time I have heard from everyone. Yesterday my city opened a mass vaccination site, so I signed up very early the day before. I didn’t get called but I saw on the news that they only had enough vaccine for 100 people. I think I will die of old age before they get to me!! LOL

Anyway, I lost 2 lbs. this week. I was doing Keto this week but I have decided to scrap that. It’s too hard. I know my sister had phenomenal success with it but I think it’s too much for more! She even lowered her insulin level to normal. She was prediabetic, almost diabetic, and now she is absolutely normal, plus she lost a lot of weight! 🙂

I guess I know what exercise we all will be doing soon, shoveling snow!! Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Happy Birthday, Missybear! 🎂

Day 7, AUS FD800

I did my first OMAD yesterday, after a day of painting (woodwork in little cottage, kind of backbreaking). I had a stressful start to the month, and “comfort” ate carbs, but now I just feel uncomfortable! I am going to reset with 14 days of FD800s. I find that pretty sustainable and easy.

I’m learning a lot from everyone sharing their experiences here; thanks so much!

Day 7 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@flourbaby – re kitchen units, if the units carcases are still sound, may be worth looking at just replacing the fronts? Can be done as the units are standard sizes. Neighbours did this a few years ago, (didn’t even need to empty the units!) just an alternative to a lot of disruption and cost?

Had a very entertaining day yesterday, food wise very simple and kept the calories down, which left spare ‘numbers’ for a beer or two watching the rugby.

First match Italy-France, went pretty much as expected, beware France this tournament. They were patient, didn’t rush, excellent in defence and disciplined, gave very little away!

England-Scotland, well done Scotland, where on earth were England for the first 35 minutes. Discipline was poor, gave away over 10 penalties before half time. The scoreline flattered England to be honest, the Scots left 9 points on the field missing 3 penalty kicks, could have been 6- 20 to Scotland instead of 6-11.

Very cold morning here so will be wrapping up for a walk in a little while, then Wales vs Ireland this afternoon in the last match of this weekend, best bit of winter the Six Nations Rugby!

Take care all.

Day 7 – UK – TDEE

Up early again to watch cricket – spoilt for choice – a lot of good Test matches going on – Eng v India, West Indies v Bangladesh and SA v Pakistan – great if you are a mad cricket 🏏 fan like me!!

And what a start to the Six Nations yesterday – a stylish France thrashed Italy and what about Scotland dominating and beating England at Twickenham for the first time since 1983 – what are we in for this afternoon with Ireland v Wales???

So pleased that I have managed a controlled start to this February Challenge – Trying very hard not to undo last week’s good work by staying within a TDEE of 1500 this weekend and best of all staying dry since 31/1 ✅ Only walked to the village yesterday but planning on getting at least 10,000 steps in today – the cold temperatures should encourage a brisk pace!

“Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.”

Temperatures have dropped and it looks like we are in for a cold week with a maximum of below 2 degrees, but nothing compared to what some of American friends have been experiencing – no snow in my area as yet!

Day 7. U.K. CD

Well I fell off the wagon on Friday as we had a power cut in the afternoon and I missed loads of work deadlines as a result ! So I totally lost my mojo and decided to break my fast.

On reflection however I realise that all I ate on Friday were 1 1/2 sandwiches and about five biscuits so actually I probably didn’t consume that many calories after all, so I could probably count it as an OMAD but I’m not going to indulge myself in that way of thinking! Otherwise I will be mystified at the end of the month as to why I haven’t lost loads of weight ha ha ha, so best to ‘keep it real’ so I dont start kidding myself….

Yesterday I did not check in, but I ate extremely healthily so I would put that down as a CD

I haven’t quite recovered my mojo enough for a fast day today so I am going to go for another CD

Aiming for a fast day tomorrow…

Day 7, London, UK, CD

Today was going to be a FD but having had an unexpected FD500 yesterday😇, I’ll settle for a CD today. The hunger dragon 🐉 didn’t even murmur yesterday so it was relatively easy to stick to 500cals, the evenings are a bit tricky, but the more I talk it through & convince myself to ‘ride that wave’ the easier it is to actually do it!!!

@northgeorgia, the mind is a powerful thing, once you tell yourself it’s a FD and have your calories planned, it’s fairly easy to just ‘Do It’, it’s the NFDs that cause me so much grief too!! Who would have thought fasting was easier than eating???? Like you, I realise that the only way to succeed is to plan and my pledge for February was to ONLY eat ‘meals’ ………………….. no snacking, no grazing, no snagging a handful of nuts as I walk by!! I completely cut fizzy drinks from my diet a number of years ago except for pepsi-max or coke-zero, and I consider those treats not to be had daily, so really my beverages of choice are simple ……………………………… Coffee, Peppermint tea, Water or Wine!!!!

All this talk of freezing temperatures is making me cold, it’s snowing outside, but I have a huge chicken salad (lettuce gives you sooooo much bang for your buck 👍!!) planned for dinner and that’s that!!! I’ll have a cup of tea with it if I really need warming up☕!!

@stitchincarol, having lived through many of my adult years dieting without success, I think this WOL is definitely for me since I could never sustain being careful about what I ate, I was miserable, envious, tired and then downright rebellious😂!! Unlike you, I could never get into the mind-set or routine of being careful, I AM a glutton at heart who has great difficulty in saying NO😟! …………………… but now it’s easy to say, “NO……………………….. at least until tomorrow”!!!! 🙏

@i-hate-lettuce, I thought about just changing doors, but in order to sell🙏, I’ve changed the configuration, built a ½ wall & added built in appliances, so new units would be best. The Wickes off the shelf ones look fine to me “sturdy & serviceable” rather than “pretty but impractical”😝

Have a Happy S🌞nday folks & stay strong!!!

“Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John R. Woode

Day 7 USA/DC NFD
    Oh my goodness. I am now down to 132.8 lbs (which I realize is really 133 – but I have no memory of when I last say a 2 after the 13!!). Yesterday was my FD for maintenance – it’s amazing how well this WOL works with my body. (Or maybe I should say my mouth). @flourbaby – your post made me laugh. I am a total grazer – just think cow in a huge pasture. I can manage to find something to stick in my mouth all over the house, including a cough drop if I happen to see it (and have no cough). So for me, this is a lesson in paying attention. Really paying attention – and it’s so hard. I think that is why I find FDs so much easier than NFDs. There are rules on FDs – stop at 500 (or anywhere below 600). The rules are so much looser on NFDs. And – we don’t want our lives dictated by the number – so it’s a hard balance between paying attention and getting obsessed. Maybe that’s just my personality – oh dear, a real life lesson I guess.

We are supposed to have a snow storm today, but it’s pretty much rain with some snow. I love seeing snow as I am from New England – just happy to have it in inches rather than feet.

Happy day all. We here in the states will be watching the Super Bowl rather than you watching cricket.

Love this forum. Thanks all.

Day 7 UK NFD

All going well so far. Sticking to the plan to read the posts and also post every day. Haven’t decided what to eat later but have only had boiled egg with crispbread for lunch so plenty calories to spare.

Will start next week with FDs again.

Day 7 – USA/GA – NFD

Thankfully, tomorrow is a FD. Today’s weigh in: 230.8 lbs. Yikes! Well, we had a load of snow unexpectedly get dumped on us overnight, but I think it’s melting away now. I’m going to blame yesterday on the atmospheric conditions haha

I did take a photo before every meal or snack, and that prevented me right off from extra munchies. Still think I overdid it a bit, but going to continue the mindfulness today. Planning on a filling bowl of oatmeal this morning and upping the water intake. Naughty leftovers are almost gone (one serving of roast left, but lots of roasted/baked chicken strips for the week to freeze/save up). Thinking about a nice warm chicken/udon noodle broth soup for today’s meal.

Happy weekend, everyone!

Day 7 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD

More mindful eating today.

@mia139 – I’m just about to boil my egg for lunch. I have planned tonight though. One of DH’s favourites, sautéed chicken in cider with tarragon sauce.

Just back from a bitterly cold and very muddy dog walk. It was lovely to get out and it wasn’t my turn to wash the dog.:-)

I can’t remember who said it recently but it’s so true about mind set. If I plan all my food including the little bit of chocolate and wine I like on a weekend then I don’t feel deprived.
    I also treat myself with a relaxation yoga followed by bath. Doesn’t have to be all about food.

‘my decisions make the difference’
    Have a lovely Sunday.

Day 7 UK NFD

My first week of low carbs has gone reasonably well I echo the planning and preparation thoughts and I’m going to give it another go next week

Just setting down to watch Wales v Ireland hoping it will make up for the disaster of yesterday’s England performance 😢

@flourbaby Although I’m so not so keen on the actual doing I love watching DIY /House design programs and I think all the kitchen ranges are pretty similar it’s the precision fitting and the accessories that can make all the difference Good luck

Be signing in early tomorrow to get on ALL the lists

Day 7 UK NFD

Felt under the weather yesterday post-vaccination – Headache, aching, feverish, sore throat. Had lovely lazy day simply resting, listening to the radio, reading the paper, watching rugby – and as a Scotland supporter I Really Enjoyed the rugby!

I ate vegan icecream and huge bowl of air popped popcorn yesterday and am now puffed me up no end. I need to bring to conscious mind that my body isn’t ever happy doing the carbs thing and it never likes sugar. I’m even more motivated and looking forward to tomorrow’s FD.

Today I’ve had a headache but felt better – tho beginning to droop already. Lunch was lovely roast cauliflower with vegan fish fillets followed by clementines. Now I’m batch cooking a sweet potato and spinach dal for fast days and something with apples. I do love my apples – feels rather like an addiction at the moment so perhaps there’s something in there that I’m lacking.

Feeling v cold here today with drizzly snow all day not settling. HOping the cooking will be done and dusted v soon – feeling like a soaking bath & v early bed.

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

second post
    @michelinme so glad you are vaccinated. Which vaccine did you get. Curious if this reaction was to your first or second dose? I just had my first Pfizer dose
    Thank goodness we were able to get it.
    Snowy here today. Quite lovely.

Day 7 – Rural Nebraska, USA – SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!!

I’m busy cooking goodies for during the game today, and giving myself a firm talking-to about how it truly IS possible to see all that food in front of me and not over-eat. Hilarious thought, huh?? 🤣😂🤣😂 Equally funny to your concern, @nellen, that I would ever not enjoy the food I’m eating!! Well…not when I’m just stuffing because I feel an urge to stuff. Okay, good point! 😍 I’ll work on enjoying every bite…perhaps that’ll help today.

@i-hate-lettuce I’m not actually much of a sports gal–despite my delight in watching the Super Bowl today–and I know absolutely zilch about rugby, but found your description of the games delightful to read! And then your additional thoughts, @at, were a fun complement. Gotta love this international group!

So lovely to read everyone’s chatter, but I really must get back into the kitchen. Making wings (baked, not fried), cucumber slices rolled up with a smoked salmon/cream cheese mixture, and an orange cake. Yummm!

Tomorrow I’ll talk about fasting details instead of feasting menus, LOL!

Day 7 USA (Illinois) NFD

Today is our big “eat and graze” spectacular called “Super Bowl” in the USA. Luckily, we will just have a few items while we watch here, BBQ chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, crudités, and maybe a beer.

@i-hate-lettuce – enjoy your rugby tournament! We tried to learn some about rugby when we were in NZ during the Tri Nations Tourney. Whew… lots of rules and regs that are different from any of our sports. What is it about wanting a beer while watching sports?!

@northgeorgia – snow for you too? Wow. Ours is not going anywhere soon with this negative temps. And our snow has VERY compacted! We wanted to clean out the back basement steps for safety, and sure enough getting to it through 3 foot drifts was quite an escapade. Think I only fell down once. 🙂

@stitchincarol – It really CAN be difficult to cook and not eat much. But if you can enjoy a little of it, that is great. You go girl.

Onward and downward.

Day 7 Minnesota, US CD
    Day 6 NFD

Did not check in yesterday, as I spent the entire day and into the evening rendering beef tallow to make suet cakes for the birds. What an eye opener that was!! And now I’ve found new motivation to lose weight:

Carried a large, clear plastic sack of huge white chunks of beef/leaf suet up from basement upright freezer. DH carried the other one. Together, the bulk of them took up an entire shelf. I realized my knee was complaining with the extra weight of the sack. We set them down and looked at the bulk of them…..tried to guess their weight. We guessed at about 30-35 pounds. Then we weighed them. Total weight for the two bags was 20 lbs and 6 oz.!! I couldn’t believe it! they felt so heavy and were so bulky and, frankly, disgusting. I picked them both up and walked around the kitchen. I felt soooo heavy. Put them down, and felt the relief.

So, I took pictures of the two bags full of 20 lbs of fat, printed them out, and they are now taped to my refrigerator!! If (when) I lose 20 lbs, I will be at a BMI of 22. And I will feel amazingly lighter and better than I do now. That’s my new motivation, and my absolute goal.

I ended up working on rendering 4 and 1/2 pounds of fat yesterday, gave some away and put the rest back in the freezer. Every 5 pounds I lose, now, I will be able to visualize that much bulk and weight disappearing from my poor, overworked (by lugging excess fat) body. I am really able to visualize it now. I am determined to get rid of it!

@emma-taylor I think we get through the cold winters by looking at whatever positives we can find: Not as much snow this year as we usually have, where I live, the days are getting longer, Valentines day soon, then St Patrick’s Day, only two months to go and maybe a warm 50-60 F day (sweater weather), or maybe even before that….and just looking forward to the Spring and all that comes with it.

@stitchincarol Your Super Bowl menu sounds great! This is the first one in a long time that I didn’t make Buffalo wings. I waited to long to shop for them, and local stores were out. Oh well, Enjoy them for me!

@mia139 Very impressive loss indeed! Congrats!

@songbirdme I’m sure you are the kindest of judges!

Have to go now…..almost kickoff!

Day 7 North Canton OH NFD

Sorry that I have been AWOL guys. The fatigue yesterday was horrible but I am fine today. Thank you for your well wishes. I think I am over the worst of the side effects of the second shot. I am so thankful to have been bale to get the vaccine, and I pray that it is available soon to everyone who wants it.

I will get back on track with responding to posts tomorrow. It is super bowl time! I am rooting for the “old guy” Tom Brady but I am also a Patrick Mahomes fan and will be happy if his team wins this. Looking forward to a great game 😃

See you all in the morning

Day 8 AUS FD 800

The weekend ended up as 2 OMADs for me, but I’m still feeling quite heavy after falling off the IF wagon last week. Work is quite stressful at the moment, but all the more reason to stay fit and healthy!

Looking forward to an FD 800 week, an resumed downward trajectory of the scales.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply.