Fab Fasters in February

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fab Fasters in February

This topic contains 422 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  singhudit61 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 436 total)

• Hello Fab Fasters,

I am looking forward to a great month with all of you. The monthly challenges were started by @coda in May 2016; and many of us have found them to be crucial in staying engaged and motivated on our weight loss journeys. Some of us are in maintenance while others are on the path to finding our happy weight. Regardless of where we are, this is a safe space to share, vent, seek and find support and advice. We have members from all over the world and some of us have even used this forum to learn about the differences in each other’s cultures and languages.

If you are unfamiliar with how this works, the initial post begins with the Day of the Month, your physical location, and whether this is a FD (fast day) or NFD (non-fast day) some people may use the term CD (controlled day) which means they plan to stay under TDEE.

If you are able to, please share a little bit about your personal journeywith the group, but there is no pressure or obligation to do so.

The link to the spreadsheet will be posted shortly by @at (thank you); feel free to enter as much or as little information as you want in it.

Recently, there have just been FD pocket lists along with some other mini challenges/groups such as DTF (Dry ‘til Friday), ZBC (Zero Breakfast Club), and 30-minute exercise daily lists. In the past there were also pocket lists such as Egg fasters, Hula-hoopers, Plank challengers, and Club Tor-twah for those finding themselves in a super slow weight loss period! Anyone can start or join one of these groups or even start a Pocket List – it’s entirely up to you.

You may have some questions that have already been answered, so try this wonderful thread from @simcoeluv below:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

ABBREVIATION LIST
    Here’s the list of common abbreviations used throughout this challenge and added to on an ongoing basis:
    16:8 – 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    5:2 – 5 days NFD:2 days IF
    ADF – Alternate Day Fasting (FD – NFD – FD – etc. etc. etc.…….)
    B2B – Back to Back (consecutive FDs)
    BMR – Basal metabolic Rate
    CFD – Controlled Fast Day (a FD below your goal weight TDEE, whatever that is!!!)
    DH,DD, DS – Darling Husband Daughter, Son
    DTF – Dry ‘Til Fri (for those limiting the booze to weekend only ………….. & aiming for sainthood!!!!)
    EE – Emotional Eating (reflex grazing out of a need for instant comfort instead of satisfying hunger)
    EFS – Epic Face Stuffing (we’ve all had one of those days……………. Definitely due to a faulty OFF button!)
    FD – Fast Day (500 cals)
    HUNGER DRAGON – that dreadful psychological beast that sometimes cannot be satisfied. Some people even name theirs (e.g. @i-hate-lettuce has an inner warthog!)
    IF – Intermittent Fasting
    Keto – way of eating that generates Ketones
    K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple Stupid!!!………………or Sexy!!!
    LC – Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF – Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    LFD – Liquid Fast Day (incl. tea, coffee, miso, bone broth & water)
    LOL – Laughing Out Loud
    M/WOAM – Man/Woman on a Mission (courtesy of @i-hate-lettuce)
    MFD – Modified Fast Day (800 cals) on the new Fast800, it’s a FD
    NFD – Non Fast Day
    OH – Other Half (eg spouse/partner)
    OMAD – One Meal A Day
    PFDS – Post FD Smugness (courtesy of @penz)
    TDEE – Total Daily Energy Expenditure (see the ‘how it works’ link on the home page to work out yours)
    TRE – Time Restricted Eating
    WFD – Water Fast Day (Water only)
    WFH – Working From Home ……………….. Covid-19 enforced!!!
    WOL – Way of Life
    WOCA – Women Of a Certain Age
    ZBC – Zero Breakfast Club

A river can cut through a rock not because of power, but because of it’s consistency. While speed is desirable, consistency with the program wins the weight loss war every time.

We have a great program, and our decisions make the difference. Let’s make February 2021 our best month yet.

Count me in for the February challenge! I am a 46 y/o male in northeast Georgia in the US, and have lost 50 lbs since this time last year, 80% or more of which has been thanks to 5:2. Despite a month and a half long plateau during the holiday season in December and mid-January, I think I am ready to start on the downward trend again. My goal is to lose an additional 75 lbs to get to a mid-range healthy weight (although truthfully, if I get to the high end of that, I’ll be thrilled). This month, my goal is to lose about four or five pounds, placing me in the mid-220s range by the start of March. Good luck to everyone!

Day 0, London, UK, NFD

Thanks for hosting this month @basyjames💕, I’m looking forward to getting my mojo back and dropping some mega-lbs!!!! I WILL be a Fab Faster💪!!!

I’ll do a proper intro tomorrow once I’ve decided on a realistic goal!!!🙏

See y’all tomorrow.

Day 0, Oxfordshire, UK, NFD

I’m in. looking forward to February. See you tomorrow.

I’m a 59 yr female. I originally lost my weight on my own with 5:2 back in 2014. Gradually about a stone crept back on. I joined the challenges July 2019 and slowly lost the extra weight. Some weight has crept back on over the winter months which I need to lose.

Day 0. OMAD London

Please count me in for February. Thanks for hosting Basyjames. Let’s hope my February goes a bit better than my January.

I’m with you all. Support here is crucial to keeping my weight off. Thank you @basyjames for being Fabulous for February!

Count me in for February! Thanks so much dear @basyjames for hosting

I’m F56 Londoner. Started these challenges in 2017 and lost almost 40lbs back to almost perfect weight, then fell off the waggon late 2019 after a sudden bereavement. I caught covid February 2020 on a trip to Paris and have been living with longhaul symptoms ever since – most recently extreme hypertension.

I restarted 5:2 in January but had to stop fasting after a week due to illness. But that week, successful veganuary & daily 16:8 meant I lost 6lbs and kept it off! Just 23lb more to go…

This month I’m going to do very gentle adapted yoga and drink more water, restarting 5:2 gently with F800 & see how I go

Lovely to be back with you all xx

Thanks so much @basyjames for hosting us Fab Fasters in February – Count me in!

I have lost my way somewhat over the past couple of months and for the first time since reaching maintenance I have to admit that those trousers are definitely feeling a bit tight 🤭 and I have avoided the scales since the beginning of November when I weighed in at 56.5kg, slightly above my target range………So tomorrow morning I will step on those scales and face “Cruella” 😱

I am signing up to going back to basics with the old fashioned 5:2 aiming for 2 x FD500 each week for February – Also aiming to cut back on the carb intake and staying DRY apart from the 2 days when we have a special meal ordered – Tasting menu for Valentines day and a Seafood menu on the 26th!

Here is the link for the Fab Fasters in February to use if they so wish
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FE6VBTo6u7croqXyfhqFTB6dAF8U_k19A7ouw0Cbz30/edit?usp=sharing

See you all tomorrow for a fresh start – I certainly need one!!

USA

Basyjames, I am all in! Thank you for hosting February!

USA/DC I’m in. Thank goodness. I am F in my mid60s. First tried 5:2 maybe 4 years ago or so – finally a system that works for me. Prior to 5:2 could not get rid of those last 10 pounds.
    So happy to have found the monthly challenge. It makes life more interesting, particularly during covid, and the 5:2 experience so much more rewarding.
    thank you all.

I am at my goal weight – 134 lbs. But will stick with the 5:2 for now to make sure I don’t regain what I have lost. I have been Dry all January, so will be adding my much missed red wine back in to my life. (Thank you @stitchincarol) so I think I should stay with 5:2 for February to make sure the wine doesn’t put me back at square one.

Happy February all. So glad to be a part of this community.

I’m in! I’ll post my intro chatter tomorrow, along with my action plan for February.

Thank you for hosting Fab Fasters February @basyjames.

I am F 62, living in France. I joined the last challenge late and after a disappointing weigh in, I lost momentum and didn’t stick with a plan for the last week. I’m going to try harder and accept that weight loss may not come easily. Really, I need to lose about 12kg and would like to lose at least half of this before the weather gets really hot.

I will aim for FD800 Monday to Thursday inclusive (no alcohol, of course) and plenty of exercise.

Let’s do this!

Day 0. FD. U.K.

Thanks for hosting @babyJames

I’m in 🙂

Thank you for hosting this month @basyjames, and please count me in!

Day 1, FD, Aus

Day one and a FD – what better way to kick off the month and this challenge. Thanks @basyjames for hosting!

I need to catch up on the last week of January news…

Day 1, AUS FD 800

F 51 here, experimenting with IF after gaining a stone over the last two years. I am 3k down over January, and hoping for another 3k over February.

I am going to try doing FD800 Monday-Friday, and TDEE on the weekends. I want to up my cardio and strength training this month too.

Looking forward to some good progress over this month!

Day 1 – Western Australia – NFD

Count me in 🙂 Would normally be a FD, but we just got put into lock down so need to work out how to fast at home! 😛

Day one U.K. NFD

Well overall in January I lost 3.2 lb in weight so I hope I can improve upon that this month

@elektron so sorry to hear that Western Australia is in lockdown too

Good luck to all the fasters today 🙂

Sorry I forgot to do an intro

I am female aged 50 and I live in the south of England

I have put on around a stone due to being ill with Long Covid during 2020 so during 2020 I really did almost no intermittent fasting

I am back on the wagon for 2021 and full of enthusiasm! I lost 3.2 lb in weight during January so my app (Happy Scale) tells me that I am 27% of my way to my target, Which is quite encouraging.

I am an avid reader of intermittent fasting authors and I love Dr Jason Fung and Dr Krista Vardy in particular.

If only losing weight was down to simply reading the books, then I’d be really good at it ha ha ha!!!!!

Day 1 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Quick post as there was a lot to catch up on from the last few days of January forum. Fantastic posts and I feel honoured to be part of this great group of people.

February will be the month I finally start shifting the pounds, I feel it. After a 3 month period of not gaining but not losing, and slowly poisoning myself with latex syndrome fruits, I am back on track.

I am F, 53, and have been yo-yoing for a while. I have two stone to lose, there, I have admitted it. So let’s do it.

Day 1 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Thanks to @basyjames leading the way this month, hope everyone has a good one.

I’m back again for the next monthly challenge, ‘found’ this group in July 2019 and never looked back! I’m a 65 year old bloke who over the years had put on a lot of weight, but equally have now lost a load.

Since joining the monthly challenges in July 2019 have lost 58 pounds / 27.7 kg and feel so much better. Prior to joining this group I’d lost 20 pounds / 7.8 kg between 2014 and 2019.
    I have found the help and encouragement of the members of this group fantastic. The 5:2 WOL really does work, especially with help of my forum friends.

Hobbies, walking, brewing craft beer, baking bread and gardening (prior to March last year – Travel! )

Off out early, will be back for my ‘daily dose’ tomorrow!

Take care all

Pocket list day 1
    @penz
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 1 – UK – CD

Good morning all from a chilly Cumbria – up early for a 7am Zoom Broga session joined by OH – a good way to start the week! Weather looks promising so aiming to get out for another good walk later this morning!

As promised I braved the scales on waking this morning and weight was probably a bit less than I expected at 58.1kg 😱 a gain of 1.6kg since 1st November and so now I am 2.1kg above the top of my maintenance range – I knew those trousers were feeling a bit tight…….thankfully I did manage to keep up with my exercise regime during these past 3 months! Looking back I now realise that over the past 3 months I have been yo-yoing a bit but staying over the top of my maintenance range………So as a Fab Faster my February goal is to dispatch at least those extra 2.1kgs and get back to maintenance!

For those new to the challenges a brief introduction:-
    I am a 62y.o. female living with my DH, we have a married daughter who has 4 fur babies – 3 cats and an adorable beagle called Archie.
    I started this WOL on my own in January 2016 as I had gained weight during my last couple of years at work and was fed up with being overweight and wanted to enjoy my early retirement and get fitter!
    I decided to join the challenges in November 2016 as I had plateaued for around 3 months and managed to reach maintenance in early December 2016 with the help of these challenges and have remained in maintenance range of 54-56kg/119-123.5lbs and a BMI of just over 20 since then – Total weight loss = 22kg/3st 7lbs. Height = 165cm

I was going for a FD today but when looking at my planned daily activities I see that Tuesday and Thursday FDs probably suit my current lifestyle best; so now aiming for a CD followed by a FD500 tomorrow

Plan for February:-
    *FD500 on Tuesday and Thursday
    *Drink 2-3L of water daily
    *Exercise x 6 days
    *Dry February apart from Valentines and 26th as we have ordered special meal deliveries

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 1 UK FD

Morning all – I’m F late 50s, lifelong yo-yo dieter . Found these challenges back in ‘16 and been relatively happy with my weight until whoosh too many holidays , celebrations etc saw me put around 20lbs on , been getting rid of it slowly but December & January saw me stall . Feeling positive I can get back on track February 💪

Pocket list day 1
    @penz
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 1, London, UK, FD

Quick intro – Late 40’s F, Civil engineer working from home (which is where I keep the wine, chocolate, bread & cheese!!) since March ’20. I’m a professional procrastinator, but the results & ease of 5:2 have kept me following this WOL since Nov 2016 although there have been a few stops along the way when I disembarked from the lovely warm, cosy, comfortable & safe wagon, usually to chase down my sometimes elusive mojo😤, but I’ve always gotten back on!! 2021 is the year I glue myself to the seat and stay mindful of the goal I’ve set myself!!!

Like you @daffodil2010 I need to shed 2 whole stones😲 (let’s call it 2 anyway!!😭) a large chunk of which seemed to appear overnight during the Xmas hols, usually some effort in January can despatch Xmas excesses, this year? Not quite😭!!!

Anyway, no crying or wallowing, the big-girl pants are firmly in place. I’m determined and I need the kick-start of ADF with, perhaps, a few LFDs thrown in when I expect an indulgent day is heading my way😁.

Plan for February:-
    * ADF500, I did ADF with LFD last July, so this should be doable!
    * Drink 2-3L of water daily
    * Exercise daily 💪 – either walking with Leslie, Yoga & Pilates
    * Dry February apart from my B’day
    * Sticking to the PLAN 💪 & polishing my halo regularly😇!!!

So, as I said, it’s ‘finger out Feb’ for me, I’m determined to get back on the wagon and actually stay there, rather than the hop-on, hop-off approach I seem to have been following recently!!

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

Day 1 – East Coast of Canada – FD

Hi everyone. I’m a 60 year old woman and living in a small city on the Bay of Fundy. My experience with 5:2 goes back to 2016 when I lost about 20 pounds. Then I moved back home from the Emirates and I’ve been eating way too much since. I love my sweets! I recently joined the 12 week FAST800 programme and lost 17 pounds. I still have about 15 pounds to go so for the month of Feb my goal is to drop 5 pounds. My plan is:

4:3 FD 800
    Walk 7x per week
    Resistance 3x per week
    HIIT 3x per week

I have been reading all your posts and find them incredibly motivating. Thank you all and thank you @basyjames for hosting. Take care. DVW

Day 1 France FD800

I’m looking forward to this for many reasons:
    Like @daffodil2010 and @flourbaby I have about 12kg or 2 stones to lose and will feel so much better without this surplus. If you try carrying round eight 1.5 litre bottles of water (or even lifting it!) it’s really heavy so just imagine the extra strain that puts on joints, heart etc.

Trying to go to sleep, overstuffed with food isn’t good. Getting off to sleep is much easier on an emptyish stomach is much better. And no need for precautionary indigestion tablets.

Pocket list day 1
    @penz
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800

Not buying rubbish to eat will be good for my DH, too. He isn’t overweight but will benefit from eating more healthily.

It will be great to try on summer clothes in a couple of months and find they fit. Hopefully, I’ll be able to wear some clothes I’ve not been able to wear for a few years.

The support and encouragement on this thread (and January’s) has been great and it’s great to know I’m not doing this alone.

Day 1 – USA/GA – FD

The scales rocked back and forth with the 230 monster but settled on 229 lbs to start out this February morning FD! Looking forward to a good FD. I’m putting down an ambitious but theoretically achievable goal of 224 lbs for the month. We’ll see how it goes! Had to retire a pair of trousers I hadn’t worn since (I think) December this morning, as it required too much belt-tightening to hold them up.

No movement on the measuring tape yet, but with that development, probably should see something in the coming days. I may need to dig around for trousers I packed away that were a little “too tight” soon. I tried on about half of my next-sized shirts last weekend, and most were still a little too tight. Hoping to meet my December target this week and my January target by the end of the month haha

Hoping February moves a lot of us off of that horrid holiday plateau!

Good luck to us all today.

Pocket list day 1
    @penz
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

Day 1 USA/DC NFD
    Good morning all. After the January Challenge I am ever so thankfully where I want to be 133 lbs (goal is 135) So happy! Following @stitchincarol‘s advice, I am going to add back my wine (yay) after Dry January and stay with 5:2 to make sure the addition of wine doesn’t set me back.
    What a day today is! I woke to learn that the daughter of one of my closest friends made me an appointment for the first dose of the vaccine (at 4 this morning) Ever, ever grateful.
    It’s going to be a great month and already it is an amazing day. Feeling ever so lucky and blessed.

Day 1 Oxfordshire, UK – FD 800

February Goals:

•To be more honest with myself about my self-sabotage. I hope to lose at least 2 kg this month. I’m 6kg above where I want to be, which is 13lbs, just shy of one stone.

•Use a 4:3 approach (FD800, FD, FD800, FD, NFD, NFD, NFD) I want my NFDs to be closer to my TDEE. At the moment they are way off.

•Continue with daily yoga, increasing to 1 ½ hour most days.

•Daily posts for accountability.
    Welcome @dvw

I’m going to borrow your quote @basyjames as my mantra for this month. Thanks for hosting.
    ‘my decisions make the difference’

Day 1 Florida USA NFD I joined the January challenge late after about 6 months away from the group. Without the self-accountability that the group provides. I was 8 pounds up. I know why- indiscriminate pandemic eating of potato chips from Trader Joe’s (the best!) and ice cream. I’ve now had 2 good weeks of 5/2 and there are no chips in the house and hubby is forbidden to buy them. I use the Lose It App from Livestrong to chart my foods. That compliments the 5/2 by giving me a graph of loss and gain going back years. So I see when I was able to meet my goal and where I drifted. Others have mentioned YoYo ing. I want that to stop for good. I was great about exercise last week- yoga, swimming, and bicycling. I have Multiple Sclerosis so walking is not an option. My ♥️ Is with you all as we do this together.

USA. Day 1. FD800

Adding myself to the new month’s pocket list.

Pocket list day 1
    @penz
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

DTF
    @ccco

Day 1 North Canton OH FD

Hello Fab fasters!

Its day 1 of the shortest month of the year. Let us all determine to make progress this month. I love day 1 because it always feels like a fresh start where everything is possible.

What a year we had in 2020 and now we are firmly on our way into 2021.

I have a question for everyone today, What is your why? We all here because we want to lose weight or maintain what we have lost. But why is this so important to you?
    Share if you can.

Also if you are like me and calculated your TDEE when you first joined the forum, try recalculating it again with your updated age and goal weight for a more accurate calibration of your intake, and remember to underestimate your activity level.

Congratulations @nellen on finally getting a vaccine appointment

@suki2 you are right, your decisions make the difference

@mogaman great to see you commit, you look like you have a great system and plan going

@northgeorgia can’t wait to see what the scale has in store for you this month

@clemmi we are all in this together

@dvw it is great to have you here, Welcome!

@flourbaby it may be hard but it is not impossible. I remember that you lost 9 pounds not too long ago but creating a plan and sticking to it. You’ve got this my friend

@brightonbelle February is your month to hop off that yo-yo train

@at you have taken the first (and most important) step in facing the scale and knowing what the deficit is. You have been here before and you know how to overcome it. Life creeps up, we push back! It is great to have you here, those unwanted pounds will be dispatched in no time.

@i hate lettuce your story is so inspiring; thank you for trusting us with your journey

@penz, @litprof, @elektron, @fivetwofan5252, @daffodil2010 great to see you all. Hopefully the varying shutdowns are temporary and we will all emerge for the last time – this time, never to shut down again.

Fingers crossed, but we can do it.

Here is today’s pocket list

Pocket list day 1
    @penz
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @basyjames

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

DTF
    @ccco

Day 1 USA/DC second post
    thank you @basyjames for hosting this forum – much appreciated. What a great question, the why? for me, I seem to fluctuate 5 pounds. I realize that may sound like a little, but really it’s not. It is a pant size and what really happens is I inch my way up and then go over the 5 so it’s more like 7 and then I say – oh no! how did this happen. So – my goal is to pay more attention, stay below the 5 – as in give myself some leeway but very little and if I go up, add a second FD. Once I go over the 4 pound mark, I start to feel pretty lousy, and I don’t sleep as well. So that’s my why.
    Interested to hear other’s thoughts and whys.
    thanks!

Day 1 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

The last of our Christmas events is today–yes, today, the first day of February! 😂🤣🎄–as we take DS29 out to dinner. The original plan didn’t work, so this is plan B and messes up my fasting plan, but, oh well. I’ll fast tomorrow.

I’m F 62, at a BMI of 26 or so, and this morning’s weight was 152 because I ate too much yesterday. My fantasy–notice I don’t call it a goal–is to weigh 145 by the end of the month. Since I can’t actually control that, my goal is to do some sort of physical exercise (walk with Leslie or whatever) six days a week, fast 3 days a week (so, more or less EOD) and not go nuts on NFDs. Then, when Lent starts, I’m going to add in Figure 8. Why when Lent starts? Because I’ll be mentally geared up for added discipline, and doing that plan will certainly require discipline!

As I said in my long post of two days ago (thanks, everyone, for the kind words), I absolutely want to get to a BMI of below 25, so that weight would be 137; truly I want to get to 132, and when I get there (I’m determined it will be “when” not “if”) then I’ll consider 125. In fact, perhaps I make every effort to GET to 125 and then consider how it feels and looks. But for now, a BMI of below 25 is my target.

@fivetwofan5252 Oh, what a lovely thought, that simply reading the IF books could make it easy!! I’m right with you there!

@dvw Welcome! You’ve made great progress on your own, and this group is exactly the place to be for inspiration for further progress!

@northgeorgia Well done to be at 229 to begin the month!!

@nellen So glad about your getting the vaccine!

@mogaman Welcome back!

January has been lovely, as I’ve had loads of time not committed to anything, so have been sewing up a storm. That also means I’ve been home, and food temptations are toughest when the kitchen is so close at hand. Many commitments are beginning in February, so I’ll be gone enough that I’m hoping that will make “behaving” easier. Time will tell, eh? At least Nebraska is doing well enough that almost all restrictions have been lifted here, so maybe slightly more frequent dinners out will be reward enough to persuade me to behave the rest of the time. One can hope!

Thanks, @basyjames, for hosting February, and I wish you all success with your Monday goals!

Day 1 UK FD

Hello! I’m very happy to be back at the start of a shiny new month, and beginning with a FD.

Like @daffodil2010 @flourbaby & @clemmi I also have 2 stone / 13kg / 28lbs to lose. It was 34lb but I lost 6lb in January – that lovely starter success! – but took the rest of the month out from fasting while I dealt with health issues.

To answer @basyjames Q – i’m fasting because i feel healthier on 5:2! It resets my relationship with food, gets me to a better weight and helps me stay there. It also reduces pain, increases energy, enables cognitive functioning and makes for better sleep. What’s not to love?

I’m usually vegetarian but slipped neatly back into vegan for January and will keep it up through to Easter. I’ll be fasting Mon & Thurs, drinking 2-3litres water/ herbal tea each day, gentle adapted yoga stretches and meditation.

Pocket list day 1
    @penz
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @michelinme

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

DTF
    @ccco

Day 1 USA (Illinois) OMAD

Another month to be “with” you all in our wonderful cyber journey. I am Gwynne, 72-yo. female, a singer, choir director, retired school music teacher, pianist and instructor living in northwest Illinois. We get all the seasons here. That’s what I like about our climate.

I began 5:2 in March 2016 after getting near to 200# (90kg) at 5’6″ (1.67m). I had been down to 160# about 15 years before and thought that was a good goal. South Beach Diet had long since stopped working for me. I found this forum for the May ’16 challenge with @coda and found this international band of travelers to be most supportive and excellent companions. I got down to 160# (72.5kg) by the end of 2016 doing a strict 5:2 with very controlled eating and the help of MFP (My Fitness Pal) to count calories. I still maintain the free MFP account and find it wonderfully accurate for calories. I don’t use it for exercise tracking. This weight puts me right at 25 BMI, and I’m happy with some extra fluff to keep some age-caused wrinkles away.

I like to cook for me and DH – 4 kids and 5 grands all live pretty far away. Maintenance takes a LOT OF WORK doing a 6:1 regimen. I have found Silver Sneakers to do an hour exercise routine 3x a week.

@at – congrats on your bravery getting on your scale again. I am sure before long you’ll be back where you want to be.

@flourbaby – big girl strength goes along with big girl panties. You’ll be able to shed your unwanted pounds before you know it by your hard work.

@dvm – welcome. This is one great forum.

@mogaman – Trader Joes is full of wonderful food, and too bad so much of it isn’t good for us. Will power is a terrific quality around here, and with just doing a fast, it is necessary.

It’s great to have @basyjames at our helm, so many familiar names and stories, and I look forward to getting to know the newbies.

Onward and downward.

Day 1 UK FD
    Please count me in again @basyjames! I’m determined to lose the weight I’ve gained back over the past couple of months. Thanks for hosting.

Second post

Thanks for sharing your why @nellen I have also experienced the same issue recently. The passage of time has meant a 5-10 pound weight gain translates to tighter clothing

@stitchincarol the flexibility of this WOL is why it works so well I think, enjoy your dinner with your family

@michelinme I agree. I have often wondered why I think over-eating is a “treat” because my body does not view it as such. I sleep and feel better when fasting. 5:2 has been a gift to wellness and overall well being

@songbirdme I love how you have tailored your goal to suit your needs and how inspirational you have been at keeping the unwanted pounds at bay

@mia139 good to see you.

“People often say that motivation does not last. Well neither does bathing-that’s why we recommend it daily” Zig Ziglar

See you all in the morning 😄😄😄

Day 2, NFD, Aus

PFDS. Feeling my mojo is back for February. Not sure who is hosting for March but perhaps we can call it Mojo March!

There’s a bit of a 2 stone club out there… I had to look up who many kg that was, but I reckon I could easily lose that amount too. Not sure what my goal weight is but – like good art – I’ll know it when I see it.

First world problems here on this side of the planet. I have a few pairs of shorts that are too big for me. I don’t have baling twine (thinking of @IHL here) but they are loose enough that I don’t need to undo the zip or button to pull them up. This morning they were slipping down on my morning walk and I only preserved dignity by tightly wrapping a light sweater around my waist. Fortunately, there were not too many other people around! So my issue is: do I buy new shorts hoping – KNOWING!!! – that in a month or so they too will be too big? Or do I just suffer and go the cheaper option by finding some baling twine….? In a few months it will be too cold to wear shorts anyway so I don’t want to go to the expense of buying something I’m going to get limited wear out of.

Wow that was a big morning rant! That’s what happens when I post before caffeine orders my brain and makes me more concise and efficient.

Yay @nellen for the vaccine!

The ‘why’ for me? I’ve been overweight most of my life and I’m sick of it. I don’t like me (the body-me, not the personality-me) and I’d like to stop avoiding looking at myself in the mirror. I want to be proud of my body. After all, I can control what and when I eat and drink, and therefore my weight is a reflection of my own will.

Day 2 Florida USA 2nd post. Forgot to thank you @basyjames for hosting. BTW, TDEE means Total Daily Energy Expenditure. It’s important to guide what to eat on NFD’s.

Day 2. – UK, FD

Oh I agree so much with everything that everybody has written above!

Also @penz I’m with you on the wardrobe dilemma !!

What is the WHY for me?

1. I F helps to normalise blood sugar levels and lowers insulin resistance

2. I F reduces visceral fat and therefore improves health

3. After a week of diligent fasting I absolutely love being able to go out and eat whatever I want at a restaurant or a big celebration and feel really super hungry and not feel guilty

4. By the beginning of January 2021 I had put on one stone (or maybe even more I don’t know as my scales had broken!) but none of my clothes fitted anymore which was super depressing.

5. I have been doing intermittent fasting since 2013 and it has been such a great way of managing my weight without ever having to say that I am « on a diet »

6. I want to get back to my 2018 / 2019 / early 202o weight and fit back into my clothes! I’m now « only » 8-9 lbs off this weight but I’m nowhere close to getting back into my wardrobe !

I’m fasting today so I’m a pocket list of one!

Day 2 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD800

Felt very anxious all day yesterday, I hadn’t slept well, not a good day, but managed ok food wise and came in around 600cal. I think the anxiety stemmed from the fact we had watched a David Attenborough program called Perfect Planet, and this episode was all about how us humans are killing our planet. Not the usual feel good Attenborough.

So feeling glum, I woke around 3 and in the darkness the enormity of what’s going on out there really struck me hard. It lasted all day.

Early night and slept straight for 8 hours, have done my workout and stretches, lunch packed for work….feeling so much brighter.

The why? I have tried most diets, this is the one that works and is easy to fast once you are in the mindset. I feel healthier when fasting and love the smug post fast feeling that I did it!

So now I need to see the weight drop. @penz, go on, treat yourself to new shorts, you deserve it.

Have a great day.

Day 2 France FD800

Bonjour.

I’m sorry you’re feeling glum @daffodil2010. In these covid times with so much bad news around concerning the virus, I think we owe it to ourselves to avoid watching programmes like this which are made to disturb people.Of course, some of it is based on truth but it’s done with scaremongering tactics. I try to get out in the garden as much as possible, even if the weather’s not great. For instance I cleaned the chickens out this morning in a howling gale, slipping and sliding in mud and it made me happy to see them enjoying their clean run and clean bedding. I got wet and dirty but so what? Also, I record the news so when I get to the depressing bits or others news I can do without, I fast forward. It’s self preservation to try to keep happy. Going for a walk, whatever the weather, is another thing I try to do.

Yesterday’s FD800 was OK. I was hungry before going to bed but quite like that – it’s better than feeling too full. I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning and found I was exactly the same. I will try not to weigh again before Friday as it’s weighing in and not losing weight that derailed me last time.

@penz. Yes, get the shorts!

My reasons for doing this WOL.
    For my health. I’m not getting any younger and losing weight by IF should reduce my chances of diabetes, heart problems, certain cancers etc. The medical profession are very anti fat here and my GP has threatened me with statins if I don’t lose weight.

I want to feel comfortable in the heat. We have very hot summers here (usually high 30s or hotter) and being overweight isn’t helping. Chafing thighs, sweaty patches etc. Yuck.

I want to be able to wear nice clothes. Target: I would like to look good in a pair of white jeans.

Living in France, most people are slim and I feel like a beached whalein comparison, especially on the beach.

FD800 again today.

Good luck fellow Fab Fasters

Pocket list
    @fivetwofan5252
    @ClemmiFD800

Day 2 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

Opened the curtains this morning, snow again! This must be third or fourth lot this winter, we rarely get snow here! My old fishing buddy and his wife have emigrated to Australia to be with family, they were caught up in the bush fires just outside Perth. All OK now, but worrying.
    @Daffodil201 – No wonder you were concerned after watching Perfect Planet, what have we done?

@basyjames – Re your question, for me, health reasons just knew I needed to change eating drinking habits of suffer the consequences!

@penz – I know the problem well, yet again I find the need to go and get smaller trousers etc, I can get away with shirts etc but gravity has more influence in the trouser department. I often go for a walk and daren’t take my hands out of my pockets! After lockdown, first stop, clothes shopping, again!

On clothes etc, we were out for a walk on Sunday and had a natter with an ex colleague of Mrs I-H-L who hadn’t seen us for a couple of years. She was amazed at how well we are looking and particularly the weight loss …. although judging by her reaction to me being able to get down the beach in new pair of budgie smugglers or a mankini, I still have a bit to go …. 😉

Take care all

Day 2 UK NFD

Trying to get to grips with going low carb, It worked well last summer so going to try give it another go for a few weeks

Why ? 1-Health 2- @clemmi your post rang true , I’m dreaming of being able to go on holiday again and it would be lovely to be able to lie on a beach and not be thinking about bits falling out of cossie and be able to walk down to the sea without trying to hold my belly in ☀️

Day 2 Canada FD

@daffodil2010 glad to hear your day is a bit brighter.
    @penz go ahead, treat yourself to a new pair of shorts, life’s too short 🙂
    @clemmi I love your goal to wear white jeans

My ´why’ is to be healthier and more energetic. Carrying around this extra weight is exhausting. I also want to be able to fit into my smaller clothes. I have a gorgeous blue jacket I’d like to wear in the spring.

We’re having our first big nor’easter today so I’ll be inside walking with Leslie. Everything cancelled and ice pellets on the way.

Take care all.

Pocket list
    @fivetwofan5252
    @ClemmiFD800
    @dvw

Day 2 – UK – FD500

Had a lovely start to this February Challenge with a controlled day yesterday including an early Broga class then went for hike @i-hate-lettuce you might know from Ambleside to Stockgyhll Force then up the front steps to the top of Wansfell Pike, down to Troutbeck and back home via Robin Lane then Skelghyll Woods and Jenkin Crag – felt very accomplished ☺️

So woke up today to snow once more, just love it when all is pristine white before life starts to leave marks on it all!!! then had a great yin yoga class focusing on poses for the kidneys and now planning on lots of hydration and a good old fashioned FD500!

@dvw – welcome on board to this lovely, friendly and chatty group offering support and no judgement – we are all at different stages of our journey and from all over the globe so always someone around 🤗
    @clemmi @daffodil2010 @flourbaby @michelinme @penz – how fab that the five of you can support each other with your journey as you all have a similar weight loss planned -TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
    @northgeorgia – you know what to do and I’m sure your goal for February is well within your reach 💪
    @nellen – I have highlighted you in green on the spreadsheet as a maintainer and how wonderful to start this challenge with your 1st dose of the vaccine too
    @mogaman – you are so right about posting here and self accountability!
    @basyjames – Yes I am pushing back at that small gain as I know if I don’t before long it will get out of hand……..AS TO MY WHY – this is the one that works for me and I find it easy to follow once I am in the fasting mindset. I feel healthier when fasting and have seen the benefits on my own physical and mental health ❤️
    @mia139 – great to have you back with us – logging on here daily will help you lose the weight you have gained back over the past couple of months – I’m planning on logging in daily too for accountability to shift those extra pounds that have crept back on!
    @penz – treat yourself to just one pair – it will make you feel good!
    @daffodil2010 – strange how our minds can affect our moods and body – good to hear that you woke up feeling better today – I find exercise and fresh air so wonderfully restorative

Pocket list
    @fivetwofan5252
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @clemmi FD800
    @dvw
    @at FD500

Right off for a quick shower then heading out in the snow to sort out lunch for delivery from our Parish Centre – I’m sure on this cold wintry day a hot lunch delivery will be most welcomed by those in need in our community – so grateful for our drivers who deliver the food whilst I stay in the nice hot kitchen portioning out the food into boxes ready for them to pick up

I am reminding myself this month that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 2 – USA/GA – NFD

December goal met! 227 lbs at last haha

Next up is January’s goal of 225, and then to February’s at 224. Still a possibility of the 230 monster lurking around, but not for much longer.

Happy for the slight dip into 227 today to meet a new mini-milestone. Now to stay mindful when eating on my NFDs. Best wishes to everyone!

Day 2, London, UK, NFD

It’s a quickie from me today, I woke up early, got some work done towards a deadline, did a Pilates class, finished the work & issued it for approval. Now I feel as though a long bath, deep conditioning hair mask (3-4hrs) and roasted cauliflower soup are in order!! In truth, I just want to have a lie down for a 2hr nap!!!

I’ll catch up on posts later, I think I’ll go for a walk to wake myself up to avoid ‘lunchtime’, then get some work done this afternoon to avoid the snack dragon being heard.

Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 2 Oxfordshire, UK – FD

Did my measurements yesterday. I seem to have shrunk ½ inch (1.5cm) in height which puts all my BMI goals out.:-( Never mind, it is what it is, as they say.

My ‘why?’ initially because I wasn’t happy with the way I looked.
    Having lost the weight I found I had more energy and began to enjoy exercise. Despite gaining weight over the winter, I know this WoL works. Now I want to be able to enjoy life for as long as possible. Its become more about my health and aging well. (Watching both my mum and Mil lose some mobility is a wake-up call.)

Bright and sunny here so took the dog for a lovely muddy walk alongside the local quarry. On the part which is no longer worked there are signs of spring. Saw some snowdrops and the daffodils aren’t far behind.

Yesterday’s FD 800 went really well and I had a good night’s sleep too, always a bonus. I’m aiming for 500 today.

‘my decisions make the difference’

Pocket list day 2
    @fivetwofan5252
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @clemmi FD800
    @dvw
    @at FD500
    @suki2

DTF
    @suki2

not sure if we’re havinga n exercise list?
    5x 30 mins exercise
    @suki2

USA. Day 2. FD800

Pocket List Day 2
    @fivetwofan5252
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @clemmi FD800
    @dvw
    @at FD500
    @suki2
    @ccco FD800

DTF
    @suki2
    @ccco

not sure if we’re havinga n exercise list?
    5x 30 mins exercise
    @suki2

On my way out to shovel snow again! Have a great day!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply.