eczema

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ayurvedaindia 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Does anyone have eczema? Besides losing weight, I am hoping to eliminate my eczema. I have researched the internet and have come upon articles that claim fasting will help eczema and other inflammatory problems. I’ve been fasting for 2 weeks and the itchiness seems to be residing. Has anyone here have experience with this? I would love to hear.

What have you seen as you pressed on beyond 2 weeks? Are you still fasting? I do have eczema, and one patch in particular is almost gone (on week 3) but others seem untouched.

foodfreedoomgirl: I am on week 4 of the FD. My eczema comes and goes but I think it takes some months for fasting to be totally working. I am will to give it a go. Right now I am in a clearing mode with most of it gone! Can’t tell whether it’s the diet or not but I am going to keep up this WOL and hope for the best!

Coco, when you say fasting, do you mean the normal 500/600 calorie FD or a complete water fast? I always thought that it was the complete water fasts for a couple days that were responsible for getting rid of some health problems, but it would be nice to know that our 5:2 FD help as well, beyond just the weight loss,

CaliDreamer: That was not clear to me by my readings. Initially, when Dr. Mosley was researching for his book, he was doing complete fasts. During that time, he mentioned some American research such as that done by the NIH Department of Aging, which I think are also complete water fasts, so it might be water fasts. I have been doing both, so it’s hard for me to say what is working for me. Whichever is working for me, the basis for the eczema clear up as to do with the autophagy process, cleaning out sells and rebuilding new ones. After Mosley wrote his book, he said he thought the 5:2 approach was the most sustainable but I was not certain how that impacts our health. Other articles I’ve read, such as those about diabetic prevention weren’t totally clear on that either. 500 calories isn’t much and quickly burns off, so I think the 5:2 diet is beneficial for health, too.

Thanks, ccco. It would make sense that the water only fasts would be more helpful. But just losing weight can improve a lot of conditions too, like high blood pressure, pre Diabetes, cholesterol, etc. Eczema is more of an autoimmune disease, isn’t it? Or maybe even having to do with allergic reactions? I don’t know that just weight loss would be that helpful for that. But the water fasting sounds hopeful.

It may be coincidental but I’ve had good results so far. I’ve fasted a total of 3 days, 1 day 2 weeks ago and 2 days (with one of those day dry fasting) last week. By the morning of the 2nd day the eczema on my face had cleared up amazingly. Its now a week later and my face which would usually be red, sore, flakey, rough and bumpy and puffy is now 95% clear smooth, normal color! the patches on my body have also improved alot.
    I do wonder if its either coincidental or that fasting has caused the medication im on to be more potent/effective. i’m on 10mg of methotrexate an immune-suppressant. This dose dosen’t clear my eczema it just keeps it from being too severe, so i guess my next step will be to slowly reduce my medication and continue the 5:2 fasting and see if still see improvements in my skin.

Hi, Elliebee! I have eczema, too! I have read that fasting helps eczema go away, so I am hoping that is what is happening to you. Mine seems to be in remission right now but was very active when I started fasting. You can google fasting and eczema online. Good luck!

Rather than a specific health condition, eczema is a reaction pattern that the skin produces in a number of diseases.

It begins as red, raised tiny blisters containing a clear fluid atop red, elevated plaques. When the blisters break, the affected skin will weep and ooze.

In older eczema, chronic eczema, the blisters are less prominent and the skin is thickened, elevated, and scaling. Eczema almost always is very itchy.

This is really good post… weight loss is the commen problem now a days and you have sharedthe best post…keep updating your post…we are looking for more information

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.