Do you have more than 50 pounds to lose?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Do you have more than 50 pounds to lose?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  daria780 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• I’ve been on 5:2 going into my 5th week and have lost about 2 pounds, very slow going. I don’t have a goal weight, current weight is 253. I’m looking at small goals 10 pounds at a time. Here’s my question: Does this way of eating work for us that have lots of weight to lose? Would love to hear from anyone that has lost over 50 pounds and have been able to maintain.

I would love to hear from those with lots of weight to lose and are currently in the 250 pounds range or have started this eating plan at 250 pounds range.

Hello Redflame, I also have a lot to lose and am just a few kilos more than you at the moment so I’m still just trying to lose. I’m aiming at losing 30 kilos in about a year but have cut that up into 10 kilo chunks for goals.

So far in 4 weeks I’ve lost about 6 kilos so I’m OK with that although most was in the first week (mostly water I guess after my previously terrible very, very high carb diet) and the rest has gone off rather slowly I feel. But it’s OK. I’m 55 so it takes a bit longer to lose fat than for younger people I think.
    I don’t see why it wouldn’t work really. For myself I have had longer to establish bad eating habits that might be harder to break! But I love fasting and how it makes me feel and only really have any difficulty on the evening of the fast day – I try to fast with just water or maybe 2 hard boiled eggs in the evening.
    Best wishes,

Hi Redflame and Speedy,

Good luck to you both, 10 kilos is a good goal, then plan for the next one. You could possibly have two stone off by Christmas.
    Don’t forget to measure yourselves, you will see yourselves melt down, and keep a weight log.

Keep going, keep positive, good luck again.

Thank you for your encouragement Symba7 😀
    I’m still trying to figure out the science behind inches going while the scales stay the same? :O

I started off with about 100 lbs to lose. So far I have lost 25.5, and I feel great. Hang in there. It does work. You just have to stay committed. After all, the journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.

I’ve lost more than 50 pounds now. About 23 pounds since I started 5:2, before that I was fasting, but it was more of an ad hoc 8:16, where usually I didn’t eat anything until ~2pm, often 5pm. I also try to eat right and keep the fat and sugars down on non-fast days. You can lose any amount of weight, but as you lose, your body uses fewer calories (unless you increase activity level). I now walk 3 miles a day at least, and have begun short running stretches. I’ve been losing weight for going on three years.

For me, fasting makes it doable. But I think many people on this forum are missing one main thing. The hard part is not losing the weight, it’s keeping it off. If you cut the calories by some fashion, you’ll lose the weight.

I’m currently 1 year and 2 months (almost – my monthly weigh in is this coming Saturday) into 5:2 and 44lb & 3 dress sizes down so far. Probably another 20 or so to go if I end up where all the charts reckon I should be.

My loss averaged out over the 1st year worked out at 0.8lb per week. I never had a month where I lost nothing but my worst weigh ins were January (1lb – damn you Xmas!!!) and July this year. I had noticed that I was starting to tone up a bit in the summer so that may have been fat to muscle conversion messing up my readings a bit. I think that’s probably what is happening to those people who stop losing for a bit but notice that they’re still shrinking. Most people seem to plateau for a bit every now and again. I never have because I weigh once a month rather than every 5 minutes and when I notice a lower trend I mix up my fasting pattern or change up in other ways (throw a bit of exercise or something different into the mix) to help kick me off again.

5:2 is very slow & steady but that’s fine by me, it’s not like I ever plan to stop doing it now. If it gets the weight off and keeps it off then it’s won the race as far as I’m concerned.

one year and a month so far, 43.25lbs lost to date, about another 25/30lbs to go.
    start weight 15 stone 11 lbs weight today 12 stone 9.25lbs
    tracy is my fasting twin! xx

Got 112 lbs to go. Just started, only done two fasts but in this for the long haul as its so doable and empowering. I’m already noticing my appetite is changing on non-fast days and my bra already feels looser, which is weird. Great to be free of the guilt after a minor moment of greed (only had that after fast 1, really not feeling the same urges today, my second fast day) and I LOVE not counting points or calories on non-fast days! Hang in there, we can do it!

Hi all,
    Been yo-yoing all my life, start weight 247lb, we are all so worth looking after our bodies that carry us through this life, won’t say good luck just stay determined and focused on what you want.

Yes, I have more than 50lbs to lose.. well I did. I have now lost 49lbs since May.. so I guess that averages about 10lbs a month or so. I want to lose about another 14-20lbs ideally. 14lbs by Christmas would be good (and achievable I think). I do feel things have slowed down a little now I don’t have so much to lose. As I have an illness, I can’t exercise to speed things up, but thats OK.. slow and steady, or even maintaining is no real problem. I’ve recently ordered another recipe book (previously used Mimi’s) to keep me interested in trying new food/low cal meals. I am sure that it can get to a stage where you are bored with the same fast day meals, enough to make you go off piste too many times and perhaps have too many calories. I find that my appetite is very different in general and don’t eat as “emotionally” as I did, or with as much guilt!

Back in January I weighed 105kg (231 lbs) and thought ‘this can’t go one’ so I changed my lifestyle. I hadn’t heard of The Fast Diet but I did find a programme here in NZ that told me if I ate only enough calories to support a person of the weight I should be, I would lose weight. Makes sense, doesn’t it? I’m 68 with a large frame so the 65-69kg (143-152 lbs) recommended for my height is a bit unrealistic and I set my goal at 73kg (160 lbs) and will see how I feel then. For a month I counted calories and wrote down everything I ate. I got used to seeing what should be on my plate and took to the principles like a duck to water. I also began exercising daily: 10 minutes on a rebounder before breakfast and a 45 minute walk every day, weather permitting. As of today (26 October) I have lost around 18kg (40 lbs) but have plateau’d. I’ve been hovering between 83 and 83.7kg for the last month. So I thought I’d look and see what motivation I could get by searching online for something with similar principles that I know I could do. The Fast Diet fits the bill. I haven’t started yet; I’ve browsed the web site and ordered the book and recipe book (from the Book Depository in UK) and they should be here sometime this week. So now I’m looking forward to revitalising my efforts and moving down the scale. I’m happy to lose around 500g (1 lb) a week so I am looking forward to reaching my goal weight of 73kg in about another 6 months.

Lorel, good luck with your fasting and well done on your success so far. And to everyone else on this thread.

Been away for a couple of days and missed a fast day,back to it today and will not let minor setback send my eating out of control again.
    Checking in on here daily is helpful,and motivating, have a fantastic day all.

I’m new and I have about 89 lbs to lose – am in my third week and have lost 7lbs so far. Am hoping to lose a good amount before Xmas to set me up for the New Year. I think my stomach may have shrunk as I’m not eating anything like as much on my eating days as I would have before. I also find psychologically that I think as I put so much effort into a fast day I don’t want to spoil it by eating “bad” foods on the other days. I’m not telling a lot of people about what I’m doing as a lot of my friends would say it’s not healthy but it’s about what works for me and having tried almost everything else I was at the end of my tether – I have to stay away from home for work a lot so regular exercise and other diet plans can be very difficult to follow. Not exercising at the moment but planning to get onto that once I’ve lost a few more pounds. Will be checking in here for inspiration!

Hey Redflame, you started this topic ages ago… Are you still around? How are you doing these days?

I think I have around 60lb to lose. So far lost about 20, and still going strong 🙂

Yeah because we don’t have a community here…

Reported! 😀

I have more than 100 pounds to lose and I just found this wonderful site surfing around on the net! I have lost and regained weight so many times I can’t even count and that does something to one’s self-confidence and self-esteem. I have learned a lot about myself from this struggle and I am now at a place where I am ready to let go of the extra weight – which I have used as both a shield and as self-punishment – forever! I hope I can find people who are in similar situations here. I would love to meet new friends. Incidentally, I’m Canadian!

Hi redflame635, Thank you for sharing your experience. I saw on your profile that you already lost 75 pounds on a 5:2 diet. How long did it take for you? And did you count calories on feast days?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply.