Do childhood earaches cause hearing loss later in life?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Do childhood earaches cause hearing loss later in life?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  inkyford 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• A: Recurrent ear infections during childhood can sometimes lead to chronic hearing loss. If an infection is suspected, the child should be seen by a physician for appropriate treatment.

I had recurrent middle ear infections as a child and ended up with perforated ear drums. I have slight hearing loss as a result. Nowadays I believe they can repair the damage before it gets to the stage it got with me.

Consult a doctor and seek professional help.

Mostly childhood earaches occur due to the wrong bathing habit. During my childhood I had earache often. It was because when I bath water used to flow inside my ear causing some sort of irritation and later pain. Also the use of cotton buds to clean the ear is very dangerous to ears. Overuse may cause ear infections. Other than this, middle ear infections are very common in children which may cause temporary hearing loss.It may be due to the position of Eustachian tube that rapidly changes when we develop.

I don’t think so.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.