dismayed

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer59 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Ok so I’m only in week four but was disappointed to find that despite fasting days and much more thoughtful eating on non-fasting days I’ve not kept on losing weight. I was content to go slow and steady and lose just 500g a week, but this week I GAINED 500g. Then, just when I was thinking I was getting the hang of this way of being and eating I read that you should not spread out those 500 calories through the day but confine them to one or at the most two meals. Not sure I can do that – I get a headache, feel giddy and sick and defnitely can’t keep up with normal work if I haven’t had ANYTHING to eat. Thoughts and experiences anyone?

Hi and welcome Jennifer:

Gaining weight is not unusual, and you can eat any number of times you want on your diet days. Here are some tips – numbers one, two and four will fill in most of the blanks: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Jennifer59, I am in week 4 too, and I gained a pound last week. Which made me determined that I would lose this week. I fasted on Monday, I only had 350 calories spread throughout the day and I didn’t feel hungry at all. Then yesterday I ate nothing, zero calories, just plenty of water. Apart from feeling ever so slightly light headed in the evening I had no ill effects, and that is a better feeling than being stuffed as I used to be. I am now enjoying the luxury of a coffee with a splash of semi-skimmed milk, tastes so good hmmmm.
    If I can go a day without food anyone can, give it a go, easy peasy 🙂

Thanks for the encouragement. (I look forward to losing my trousers!)

I am also dismayed….been fasting for 3 weeks and lost NOTHING yet. 18 months or so ago I was fasting for 8 weeks and lost 9 lbs…then I had surgeries and could NOT fast. Back on the wagon, but really frustrated that I am not losing. At all. Ugh!!! Makes being hungry 2 days a week a lot harder when no weight loss…… HELP!!!

hi MitzMom. So sorry and lots of sympathy to you! I found simcoeluv’s answer on this thread quite helpful – he has a link there to “questions for newbies” maybe you would find it helpful too. The main thing I am taking from him and others is that this is a slow, slow journey, no magic weight loss.
    One thing I’ve found does seem to help with the hunger on fast days is to make sure I have some protein and some fibre every time I eat. So lowfat youghurt for breakfast – 55 calories for 100 grams and a peach or apricot (it’s summer here). For lunch an egg – 77 calories and maybe a couple of crackers and another piece of fruit. For dinner LOTS of salad, lettuce and carrot, cucumber, a tomato and some feta cheese or poached chicken or tinned tuna. I try to eat slowly and enjoy every bite. In between I have herbal teas, maybe a few pistachio nuts (eat one at a time, bite slowly!!) and if I’m desperate for something sweet I have a diet ginger beer.
    I’m still hungry at times! – but this helps and perhaps you’ll find something helpful too.
    Good luck to you!

This diet is no quick fix unfortunatel,y but if you stick to it things will happen. I have been stuck now for three months on a plateau but this week finally managed to get off it but it required 3 one hour daily walks and 4 days of chipping burrs (4hrs per day!).
    But before that even though no weight came off I could feel the difference in my clothes.

I too am just starting week three of FD and horrified to step on scales this morning and have gained 3/4lb, back up to 10st 8lb! This after sticking to the book religiously and getting in some extra exercise in the past week. OH doing well and has lost this week bringing his total loss to 4.5 lbs after two weeks. Have started to list food and count calories on my eating days to check if I am within my TDEE on eating days, but thought I had finished counting calories after WW. Feeling down and hate the thought that this is going to be a battle. One thing I’ve discovered is that I am sleeping better since not having my Hot Milk drink at night, but having Chamomile tea instead. I guess that’s one positive. Desperate to lose weight and feel better before our big holiday in May.

Hi Third Time Lucky – how’s it going now? I am plugging along with a very very slow weight loss. The pattern seems to be I stay at the same weight for 3 weeks then drop about a kg. Not dramatic! No flattering compliments from friends and family! BUT i have a feeling that this slow weight loss will not be reversed. Hope so anyway.
    I agree – I HATE bothering about calorie counting on my non fast days. Won’t do it in fact. But just keeping a general eye on what I eat.
    It hasn’t helped that I am not well, was diagnosed with shingles last week, and tend to be a comfort eater – feel sorry for myself, feel in pain, need FOOD.
    Trying to have some solid protein at meal times – youghurt, an egg, a bit of fish or chicken – does seem tohelp a lot with the hunger pangs.
    Good luck to you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.