Dinner ideas for FDs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Can anyone give me some dinner ideas for fasting days please?

HERE’S ONE [meatless]: Pizza with Vegetable Topping: 300 calories 13.3 g fat 4 g fiber 14 g protein 19 g carbs 269.3 mg Calcium PB Another winner from the Fast Diet book. The pizza shells are either whole grain wraps or corn tortillas. BE CAREFUL about the calorie and fat content when shopping! I get Herdez 8″ whole wheat fajita style tortillas. Each has 170 cal and 5 gm protein. Each person gets ONE of these pizzas. OR you could get Ole brand 6″ corn tortillas. Each of those has 65 cal and each person gets THREE AND a HALF pizzas.
    1 whole wheat/grain tortilla at 170-cal [per person] 1-2 Tbsp tomato puree HINT: buy a can of puree and freeze in small portions 1 oz mozzerella, grated ½ oz mushrooms, chopped or sliced 1 ½ oz red pepper, cooked and chopped 1 oz spinach, steamed, squeezed and chopped 1 Tbsp red onion, chopped

Set the oven at 400. Place the tortilla on an ungreased baking sheet.
    Put dollops of tomato purée on each tortilla and spread it around. Toss together mozzarella, mushrooms, red pepper, spinach, and onion. HINT: Sometimes I cook and chop all the veg and put them in a bag in the freezer to save time on a FAST day. Divide the mixture among the tortillas and bake for 5-10 mins.

HERE’S ANOTHER [fish]: Salade Nicoise: 283 calories 16 g fat 3 g fiber 22.5 g protein 12.7 g carbs 198.3 mg Calcium PB GF HINT: If you plan ahead a bit, this meal goes together in minutes. A few days before, eat a meal of baked or grilled salmon and green beans. Prepare 3 oz more salmon than you’ll need for that meal and save it for this meal. Cooked salmon freezes well, just leave enough time to thaw it thoroughly. Also cook an extra bit of green beans and save them in the ‘fridge.
    DRESSING: 1 tsp white wine vinegar + 1.5 tsp olive oil 3 leaves of romain, medium-sized 3 oz green beans, cooked and cooled 2 black olives ½ hard-boiled egg 5 cherry tomatoes
    Whisk the oil and vinegar in a wide shallow bowl. Add the beans and turn them to coat with dressing. Remove to another plate. Coarsely chop the lettuce and toss with dressing. Place the salmon in the center of the salad. Surround it with the remaining ingredients. A wonderful meal in no time flat.

HERE’S A THIRD [chicken]: Greek Chicken Salad: 295 cal 12.8 g. fat 4.8 g fiber 23.7 g protein 26.5 g carb 240.3 mg Calcium PB GF
    This recipe was long ago clipped from a magazine and stored in the recipe file. When I saw it, I recognized that if most of the olive oil were removed, it would make a smashing Fast meal. We like this one a lot.
    1 and 1/2 oz chicken, roasted and shredded 1 and 1/2 c. shredded romaine or 3 oz salad greens 1/4 c garbanzo or small white beans 2 and 1/2 oz tomato chunks or 1 c cucumbers, cubed 3 black olives, pitted & sliced 1 oz feta cheese, crumbled 1 and 1/2 tsp lemon juice 1/2 tsp olive oil 1/2 tsp each of mint, oregano, parsley
    Prep the meat, greens, tomatoes, and olives as described. Measure the lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs into a salad bowl. Whisk together. Add the greens and toss to combine. Add the chicken, beans, tomato/cukes and toss gently. Top with the olives and feta.

Hope you find something here that you like, Skelly. I’ve had a lot of fun inventing/amending recipes for use on Fast Days.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.