diet stopped working

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Frankc 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Have been on diet for 18 months with great success, lost 25lbs.Past 3 weeks have started to gain weight(3lbs) despite no changes in eating regimen and lifestyle.
    Has anybody experienced same problem, and if so did you find a solution?
    Frankc

Hi Frank,

The less you weigh the less calories your body needs so it may be that you need to cut down on the amount you eat on non fast days.

Thanks Amazon
    was afraid that might be answer!!.Was also wondering about adding a 3rd fasting day but might be to hard
    Frankc

Why don’t you cut down a bit on non fast days and see if that does the trick, and if you think things are moving too slowly you could add another fast day.
    The other thing you can try is a low carb diet combined with fasting.

Ive had two plateaus in my weight loss of 37 lbs. Only 3 lbs to go so Im nearly there. The first plateau I upped my bike riding from once a week to twice a week and that kicked it off again. The second plateau I kicked off again by doing 5:2 and 4:3 every other week and that kicked it off again. I suspect that as we lose weight we don’t need to eat as much but old eating habits are hard to break. Find a “trick” that works for you.

Frankc, as you loose weight you need to recalculate your TDEE, then eat less than 1/4 (25%) of your TDEE on fast days and eat within your TDEE.

Everytime you weigh yourself and it drops recalculate your TDEE.

or Calculate your TDEE for you goal weight and use those figures. you’ll never have to recalculate and you’ll reach your goal weight sooner and you’ll easily be able to switch to maintenance. (at least that’s the theory)

Good suggestions thx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.